PDA

View Full Version : Here we go the * talk again

Gervin44Silas13
04-25-2016, 10:17 AM
Personally shit happens....so what if Curry is hurt and they don't win the title...

1st to 16 assholes!!!!

SpursFan86
04-25-2016, 10:21 AM
Obviously I'd prefer to beat GS full-strength as opposed to without Curry, but I'd sure as hell prefer to beat GS without Curry than lose to them at full-strength :lol

As long as we ring I don't really give a shit tbh. Sucks for them and I'll certainly feel bad for Curry and the Warriors if he can't play, but I won't lose sleep over it if we end up winning as a result. Call it an asterisk title all you want, I'll still enjoy the hell out of it.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2016, 10:21 AM
who cares?

Looking here, I see no asterisks:

http://www.nba.com/history/nba-season-recaps/index.html

Keepin' it real
04-25-2016, 10:23 AM
who cares?

Many fans.

Mr. Body
04-25-2016, 10:27 AM
GSW had been living a charmed existence for two seasons now. Sadly, this stuff is bound to happen. Look at Duncan in 2000.

Brazil
04-25-2016, 10:28 AM
wtf, we don't even know if Curry injury is that serious and we still have to go through OKC and people already speaking about * .... smh

Keepin' it real
04-25-2016, 10:28 AM
GSW had been living a charmed existence for two seasons now. Sadly, this stuff is bound to happen. Look at Duncan in 2000.

Yup, and the Lakers' 2000 championship*

coachmac87
04-25-2016, 10:34 AM
wtf, we don't even know if Curry injury is that serious and we still have to go through OKC and people already speaking about * .... smh

Referring to league as a whole..whoever wins it * will be there

Don't agree with that assessment but whatever

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2016, 10:38 AM

It has been written.

And so we're clear, if that does happen, the 2016 Spurs (or whoever wins this year, if it is not the Warriors) will displace the 2015 Warriors, who displaced the 2013 Heat, who displaced the 2011 Mavericks, who displaced the 2009 Lakers, who displaced the 2007 Spurs, who displaced the 2006 Heat, who displaced the 2000 Lakers, who displaced the 1999 Spurs, who displaced the 1994 and 1995 Rockets, who displaced the 1989 Pistons . . . . as the "Lucky Champions."

peacemaker885
04-25-2016, 10:39 AM
They can * all they want. What matters for me is the :lobt2: Can't speak for others though.

houston spurs fan
04-25-2016, 10:39 AM
No greater ** in history then when the Rockets won 2 titles while MJ was attempting baseball...Nobody here cares. Shit happens and history is what it is.

I am nervous about OKC, not thinking Dubs yet.

DMC
04-25-2016, 10:41 AM
They can * all they want. What matters for me is the :lobt2: Can't speak for others though.

That's all that matters.

benefactor
04-25-2016, 10:44 AM
Many fans.
So what? In any given year someone will always point to some injury or some other reason as evidence of a champion being undeserving. Hell...there are plenty of people that still view the Rockets championships as meaningless because Jordan quit for two years.

philldafunk
04-25-2016, 10:50 AM
If the Warriors will admit to an asterisk for last season, then I'll follow suit.

K...
04-25-2016, 10:51 AM
The astericks only really hurt if you don't back up the championship the next year. Had the spurs defended their title in 2000 it'd be moot. Contra the Lakers don't get a 2000 asterisks because they repeated.

The 2007 title is similar.

The 2015 warriors asterisks won't be mentioned bc their regular season was record breaking. But failure to repeat will definitely dent their argument as a historically great team.

spursistan
04-25-2016, 10:51 AM
Folks rushing to * talk as if Curry is done for the year already and the Spurs are going to walk another 3 depleted- Grizzlies teams to a ring :lol..

houston spurs fan
04-25-2016, 10:55 AM
Warriors definitely get an * for last season. No Spurs, no OKC, and the Cavs not at full strength. I mean they played this same Rox team in the WCF! ***

hater
04-25-2016, 10:58 AM
:lmao spursfanz are so adorable.

Elian will be fine and will inject his 30w90 boy juice all inside us

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2016, 11:02 AM
The astericks only really hurt if you don't back up the championship the next year.

The asterisks are imaginary and, in any event, don't hurt unless you choose to allow them to.

NASpurs
04-25-2016, 11:10 AM
:lmao spursfanz are so adorable.

Elian will be fine and will inject his 30w90 boy juice all inside us

That's only like the fifth time today you've mentioned his jizz. Way to confirm your faggotry.

benefactor
04-25-2016, 11:12 AM
That's only like the fifth time today you've mentioned his jizz. Way to confirm your faggotry.
Let him keep saying it. Everyone knows that every time hater makes a prediction the exact opposite happens.:lol

Brian Windhorst
04-25-2016, 11:15 AM
He'll be back, that's for sure. But his talent operates on such a slim margin that even Curry at 80% will be devastating to the Warriors. Their whole offense is predicated on him being stupid great. If he's just pretty good, suddenly no more wide open looks for Iggy/Thompson and no more 4 on 3 with Green at the top of the key.

Thomas82
04-25-2016, 11:15 AM
I knew the * talk was coming.

SpursforSix
04-25-2016, 11:16 AM
what I dread the most is watching Draymond Green who will probably be over the top with his antics on the court.
Off the court, he's saying the right things now. But I suspect he'll be at the front of the line saying that "well, they didn't beat us at full strength"...."if Steph had been there"...etc

r0drig0lac
04-25-2016, 11:16 AM
So what? In any given year someone will always point to some injury or some other reason as evidence of a champion being undeserving. Hell...there are plenty of people that still view the Rockets championships as meaningless because Jordan quit for two years.

in this case, they are correct

Budkin
04-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Way too soon to start talking about this shit. We could lose to OKC.

benefactor
04-25-2016, 11:21 AM
in this case, they are correct
They won the last game they played...both years. That's all that matters. Anything else is useless speculation.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2016, 11:21 AM
what I dread the most is watching Draymond Green who will probably be over the top with his antics on the court.
Off the court, he's saying the right things now. But I suspect he'll be at the front of the line saying that "well, they didn't beat us at full strength"...."if Steph had been there"...etc

Even assuming that the worst comes true for the Warriors, I don't think you'll get that sort of rhetoric out of Draymond about the Spurs; the Clippers, maybe, but I'd be surprised if he said it about the Spurs.

Back in October, when Glenn Rivers was saying those sorts of things about the Warriors, Draymond said:

Green and Curry made their comments Tuesday when they were asked about people discussing whether the Warriors "deserve" their title, possibly in reference to Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers saying to Zach Lowe of Grantland, "You need luck in the West. Look at Golden State. They didn't have to play us or the Spurs."

"If they saying that, they aren't the champs. It's simple. Gregg Popovich didn't say that. That's one organization I really respect. And you haven't heard anybody in they camp say that."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13880717/draymond-green-stephen-curry-rip-teams-criticizing-golden-state-warriors-title

And after GST whipped the Spurs in January, Draymond was still unwilling to blast the Spurs in any way:

No one beats the Spurs like this. Hell, no one beats anyone like this, especially not in a game of this magnitude with the whole sports world scrambling to find NBA TV on their cable system. So, what kind of a statement did the Warriors make in their 120-90 win?

"None at all," Draymond Green said. "At this point, what's going to be made out of this is really too much. Some people are going to try to say we made a statement. It's going to be too much and (not enough). People are going to try to say we made a statement. Then they're going to say they didn't have Tim Duncan. When at the end of the day, neither one of them matters.

"They're still a good team without Timmy. And this win means nothing but one in the win column. I think at the end of the day we came out and did what we wanted to do as far as impose our will on the game, kind of get the game at our tempo and a huge part of that was getting it done on the defensive end and getting stops. So no, nothing major. We won the game by a good margin but that does not make them any less of a team than what they are. They're a great basketball team and we just had a good night."

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/1/26/10832198/warriors-vs-spurs-draymond-green-quotes

lebomb
04-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Did GS get an * last year playing Cleveland without Love and Kyrie????

Fuckin /stupid ass thread already

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Perry Mason
04-25-2016, 11:24 AM
My biggest issue is that the GSW fans will be the first the hype this *, but they ignore the 2015 *. And if they acknowledge it, it is only with respect to the Cavs' injuries.

The truth is that there is an alternative 2015 universe where TP and Splitter are healthy and Spurs are the #2 seed. To me, that team was the best in the league and had the Warriors' number.

People downplay the Spurs on 2015 because (1) they get tired of constant Spurs success, and (2) psychologically people underrate Splitter's importance, and for old guys like TP, treat injuries as "expected" and therefore not letdowns.

In that universe, GSW doesn't even have the 2015 title; just an impressive (but Pyrrhic?) regular season record.

SpursforSix
04-25-2016, 11:25 AM
Even assuming that the worst comes true for the Warriors, I don't think you'll get that sort of rhetoric out of Draymond about the Spurs; the Clippers, maybe, but I'd be surprised if he said it about the Spurs.

Back in October, when Glenn Rivers was saying those sorts of things about the Warriors, Draymond said:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13880717/draymond-green-stephen-curry-rip-teams-criticizing-golden-state-warriors-title

His comments were after they had won a title. We'll see if he can remain mature if they don't win.

MVPCues
04-25-2016, 11:29 AM
In some universe...if we are allowed to dream...

<Spurs beat the dubs who were without Curry, then beat Cleveland in 6. Interview on court after the game.>

Reporter: "Timmy, with Golden State setting records this year, many are going to say the record books should have an asterisk that the Spurs didn't face Curry in the western conference finals. Do you have any response to that?"
Timmy: "All I know is we beat every team we faced. We are the champs this year. We will give Curry another chance come next May."

<Timmy walks off.>

SpursforSix
04-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Even if Curry plays and the Warriors lose, there will be plenty of people giving it an asterisk...
"well...Curry wasn't 100%"
"oh that Curry was so brave...he played through the injury"

travis2
04-25-2016, 11:35 AM
who cares?

Many fans.

You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

Perry Mason
04-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Even if Curry plays and the Warriors lose, there will be plenty of people giving it an asterisk...
"well...Curry wasn't 100%"
"oh that Curry was so brave...he played through the injury"

And then loyal Spurfan can respond that "Leonard still would have gone balls-deep on a healthy Curry."

And then we would bask in the glow of the 6th title, content with our superstar that is younger than Curry, and with a game that has sounder fundamentals and may age better.

benefactor
04-25-2016, 11:39 AM
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.
:lol...well played

TVI
04-25-2016, 11:42 AM
This.

The Thunderrefs are not going to lay down and die. Westbrook will get 50 FTs a game so don't start making river walk plans yet.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2016, 11:43 AM

:lol

hater
04-25-2016, 11:45 AM
Let him keep saying it. Everyone knows that every time hater makes a prediction the exact opposite happens.:lol

Mah nigga

That being said. Eliancito will skullfuck us to death in the WCFs....

Chris
04-25-2016, 12:13 PM
...as long as Duncan rings.

baseline bum
04-25-2016, 12:17 PM

:rollin

Horse
04-25-2016, 12:24 PM
As always FUCK Stephen gay smith

Spurtacular
04-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Curry's not hurt. Those slip/stretches always look bad and aren't bad. The friction dilutes the pressure unlike other injuries cause by sudden weight displacement. He walked off just fine. GS is just looking for any excuse to rest Curry against where they can.

spurs10
04-25-2016, 12:42 PM

Thank you! I think it's a tough road to the championship and could care less about a thing other than seeing us win it all....again...for Tim!

BillMc
04-25-2016, 01:04 PM
We can only get an asterisk if we've won another championship, so I'll take it. :lobt2:

TheDoctor
04-25-2016, 01:14 PM

spursistan
04-25-2016, 01:19 PM
coming from a known Warriors homer, which is commendable..

there is no such a thing as an asterisked title..teams that have won the ship were both really good and lucky..if Curry somehow is done for the year or inhibited, it would mean that Warriors have suffered a first major setback on the "luck" front after seemingly rolling with it for near two full seasons (bounces, opponent health, officiating etc..)...

TheGreatYacht
04-25-2016, 01:41 PM
If GSW didn't get an asterisk last year, we ain't getting one either

100%duncan
04-25-2016, 01:47 PM
If GSW didn't get an asterisk last year, we ain't getting one either

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-25-2016, 01:52 PM
Haters gonna hate. No one is putting an asterisk on the Warriors' 73 win season because 75% of the teams suck this year.

Even if Curry can't go on (and I see him making a miraculous recovery), the Spurs still would have a ton of work to do to win the championship, and Curry being out wouldn't guarantee the Spurs anything. OKC, LAC, CLE, and even a Warriors team, hold the Curry, will be a tough out. There aren't a lot of great teams this year, but I can count 5 or so that will be tough to beat.

SpursforSix
04-25-2016, 01:57 PM
even a Warriors team, hold the Curry, will be a tough out.

Livingston
Thompson
Barnes
Green
Bogut

That's a pretty good starting 5.

in2deep
04-25-2016, 02:12 PM
Curry just tweeted. he said he will be fine.

too much ado about nothing

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2016, 02:20 PM
Woj says MRI negative:

Assuming its true, good news for the Warriors. If so, will be interesting to see if Kerr and the gang decide to play it cautious with Curry when he's supposed to be healed.

GSH
04-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Kerr over-played the shit out of his starters, trying to win the regular season record. And he got by with it. Now his luck ran out. Karma's a bitch.

Warrior fans talking about asterisks because their team was never good enough to be knocked out of the playoffs by an injury, until maybe a couple of years ago. This is all new territory for them. Fuck 'em. They can talk about what should have been for the next few years, while we're talking about #7.

DocDoc
04-25-2016, 03:07 PM

Watched it again last week on cable. Except for the ending, that is one great (stupid fun) movie!

T Park
04-25-2016, 03:30 PM
they dont put asterisks on banners. Ill raise all the "people hate" banners you want.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2016, 03:36 PM
:lol I'll never understand people that worry about "asterisks"..there have been many championships that were decided partly due to a key injury to the opposition..it's forgotten immediately..

houston spurs fan
04-25-2016, 03:38 PM
No Spurs, No OKC, Rockets in WCF, Cavs without Irving. *

Hoops Czar
04-25-2016, 03:40 PM
:lol I'll never understand people that worry about "asterisks"..there have been many championships that were decided partly due to a key injury to the opposition..it's forgotten immediately..

Exactly!!!! Nobody remembers 2007 when the heavily favored 67 win Mavs lost in the first round to GS opening the door for SA.

rmt
04-25-2016, 03:45 PM

And after GST whipped the Spurs in January, Draymond was still unwilling to blast the Spurs in any way:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/1/26/10832198/warriors-vs-spurs-draymond-green-quotes

Probably Kerr won't allow any disrespect of the Spurs.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2016, 03:47 PM
Exactly!!!! Nobody remembers 2007 when the heavily favored 67 win Mavs lost in the first round to GS opening the door for SA.

That's kind of irrelevant, since it wasn't injury-related, obviously:lol

Spurs have had their fair share of good luck with injuries(Webber/Dirk out in 2003, Ibaka out 2 games in 2014, etc), but also some misfortune, as well(Duncan in 2000, Ginobili in 2011, etc)..you have examples virtually every other year..

EVAY
04-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Well, according to the news reports, Curry will be out max 2 weeks, meaning that, depending how the games go, he may be back before the end of the next round. Almost certainly would be back by the beginning of the WCF series.

So...if we are to beat them at all, it looks to me like it will be at full strength. The only question I would have is how fragile he will be in a game situation when he gets back.

So, much ado about nothing in terms of NBA title asterisks, unless the Clips beat them fairly quickly, which I doubt, tbh.

T Park
04-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Well, according to the news reports, Curry will be out max 2 weeks, meaning that, depending how the games go, he may be back before the end of the next round. Almost certainly would be back by the beginning of the WCF series.

So...if we are to beat them at all, it looks to me like it will be at full strength. The only question I would have is how fragile he will be in a game situation when he gets back.

So, much ado about nothing in terms of NBA title asterisks, unless the Clips beat them fairly quickly, which I doubt, tbh.

He'll be reevaluated after 2 weeks, not MAX 2 weeks.

Giant difference

EVAY
04-25-2016, 05:09 PM
He'll be reevaluated after 2 weeks, not MAX 2 weeks.

Giant difference

Ahh - well you are right then...I thought that espn was quoting them as saying that he would be OUT two weeks, meaning that he could be back before the end of the semifinals.

I stand corrected? What do you think about how long he will be out?

TampaDude
04-25-2016, 05:11 PM
2016*

Sounds good to me! :toast

slick'81
04-25-2016, 05:12 PM
This is basketball shit happens.duncan couldnt defend his title in 2000 and nobody cares .id be surprised in curry misses more then 2games vs the clipps

DocDoc
04-25-2016, 05:31 PM
2016*

this

RD2191
04-25-2016, 05:43 PM
2016*

Spur|n|Austin
04-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Curry will be back sooner than people think..

LakerHater
04-25-2016, 06:29 PM
Nah, they close out tomorrow he sits, rests & ready for 2nd round!

UZER
04-25-2016, 07:10 PM
Parker was hurt last year. Parker pulled hamstring against the Heat in '13. It's part of sports. The asterisk talk ends when the new season begins.

EVAY
04-25-2016, 07:17 PM
Well, Timmy tried to play with a sprained ankle in 2000...his foot was the size of a watermelon. Nobody mentions it except people on a Spurs forum.

Manu played with a broken arm in the playoffs in 200x (can't remember the year but we were trying to repeat) and nobody mentions it except on a Spurs Board.

TP played with hamstring sprains in 2013 and 2014, and all people remember from that is that he didn't play well.

I expect Curry to come back for the WCFs. But I wonder how fragile his knee will be when he does, and if trying to compensate for it leads to another injury somewhere else.

And the Grizzlies are saying "Welcome to our world".

GSH
04-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Well, Timmy tried to play with a sprained ankle in 2000...his foot was the size of a watermelon. Nobody mentions it except people on a Spurs forum.

Manu played with a broken arm in the playoffs in 200x (can't remember the year but we were trying to repeat) and nobody mentions it except on a Spurs Board.

TP played with hamstring sprains in 2013 and 2014, and all people remember from that is that he didn't play well.

The Lakers missed out on winning a championship in '03 because Rick Fox got injured.

Well that's what all the Lakers fans said.

NASpurs
04-25-2016, 11:48 PM
:lmao and the Warriors luck out yet again with Cp3 breaking his hand

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2016, 11:54 PM
Parker was hurt last year. Parker pulled hamstring against the Heat in '13. It's part of sports. The asterisk talk ends when the new season begins.

https://49.media.tumblr.com/7143a670544381ee0dac141ca1d38614/tumblr_mzys8nfrxf1st18yzo1_400.gif

cjw
04-25-2016, 11:56 PM
:lmao and the Warriors luck out yet again with Cp3 breaking his hand

Winner of OKC/SA will have one key member seriously hobbled too at this rate.

aal04
04-26-2016, 12:10 AM
/wrong thread

Gervin44Silas13
04-26-2016, 08:03 AM
wow so Curry's tweaked vagina will be better in 2 weeks

D-rob fan
04-26-2016, 09:43 AM
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2015/6/17/8788361/nba-finals-2015-golden-state-warriors-championship

Here's an article that tries to find the last championship team that legitimately won the title without some type off asterisk. They nicely summarize it all for us. They did leave out that in 2011, Manu who had looked as dominate as he did in years, broke his arm in the last regular season game, missed game one and then was never the same when he came back. Spurs also had the number one seed that year.

vander
04-26-2016, 10:58 AM
2015 has an asterisk right? wasn't Lebron missing some max-contract teammates?

steeledl
04-26-2016, 01:54 PM
Does not matter now.... Warriors will cuck the clips without Chris Paul and a banged up Blake...... Even without curry.

curry will be back for WCF.... We just have to get past thunder

SpursforSix
04-26-2016, 02:11 PM
The simple solution is for Pop to sit out the Spurs' starting point guard.

Keepin' it real
04-26-2016, 02:22 PM
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2015/6/17/8788361/nba-finals-2015-golden-state-warriors-championship

Here's an article that tries to find the last championship team that legitimately won the title without some type off asterisk. They nicely summarize it all for us. They did leave out that in 2011, Manu who had looked as dominate as he did in years, broke his arm in the last regular season game, missed game one and then was never the same when he came back. Spurs also had the number one seed that year.

That Spurs team relied heavily on Dick Jefferson, George Hill, McDyess, not to mention Matt freakin Bonner. In no way was that team worthy of an asterisk.

SAGirl
04-26-2016, 04:27 PM
Well add to the asterisk that Blake Griffin is out for the season. It's a team that eliminated us last season and gave us trouble this season...

heyheymymy
04-27-2016, 02:58 PM
So do these same people give the Warriors an asterisk for not facing a single starting point guard in all 4 rounds en route to the 2015 championship?

NameLess Scrub
04-27-2016, 03:30 PM

If you read in his voice is even more annoying :lol

EIC
04-27-2016, 11:20 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought OP was a Warriors fan who was reacting to the fact that the Warriors have the great fortune to play either the Clippers without Paul and Griffin or an overrated Blazers team that should have been destroyed but for injuries to the Clippers.

Gervin44Silas13
04-28-2016, 07:05 AM
That Spurs team relied heavily on Dick Jefferson, George Hill, McDyess, not to mention Matt freakin Bonner. In no way was that team worthy of an asterisk.

Fuck dick Jefferson

TheDoctor
04-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Worriers' GM first said the 2 weeks period was (of course) precautionary, somewhat conservative and that Curry could be examined before said 2 weeks period.

NameLess Scrub
04-28-2016, 11:16 AM
Given that Curry's injury is not ideal for them, Warriors have everything they need to bring back Curry well.. assuming his injury is as mild as they say.

They have announced he'll test the knee on court next week.

NameLess Scrub
04-28-2016, 11:19 AM
...as long as Duncan rings.