PDA

View Full Version : Clippers CP3 Injury thread.

Sec24Row7
04-25-2016, 11:48 PM
Fractured 3rd Metatarsal.

ducks
04-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Ouch

LakerHater
04-25-2016, 11:50 PM
Kawhi was out a month when he broke his!

NASpurs
04-25-2016, 11:50 PM
Warriors lucking out again :lol

Sec24Row7
04-25-2016, 11:53 PM
Kawhi was out a month when he broke his!

His 3rd metatarsal is significantly bigger... :claw

This injury is going to make the Rd 2 matchup very interesting.

Blazers gave GS fits one time this year, but I doubt they can win at oracle.

Clippers have no chance without Paul.

baseline bum
04-25-2016, 11:55 PM
This injury is going to make the Rd 2 matchup very interesting.

What? That injury takes all the interest out of Round 2 on that side of the bracket. Golden State gets a fucking bye.

Mugen
04-25-2016, 11:57 PM
:lol Dubs luck the fuck out with seeding. OKC finishes 4th and we got SA/Thunder in the WCF....

NASpurs
04-25-2016, 11:57 PM
Wait is Griffin injured too? Fucking Warriors might get the Blazers instead of the Clippers.

Nvm he's in the game.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2016, 11:59 PM
Austin Rivers vs. Shaun Livingston, what a matchup, tbh..

Well, Portland might actually win this shit now, actually:lol

baseline bum
04-26-2016, 12:00 AM
Wait is Griffin injured too? Fucking Warriors might get the Blazers instead of the Clippers.

Nvm he's in the game.

I'd much rather see them play Portland now. Blake's a faggot and he won't do shit to GSW.

LakerHater
Looks like a 7 game series

Old School 44
Clippers have no chance without Paul.
I doubt if they even get by the Blazers. Incredible turn of events.

Silver&Black
04-26-2016, 12:01 AM

Nvm he's in the game.

He's hurt. He's barely moving out there.

SouthernFried
I can't believe this...lol

NASpurs
Blazers/Spurs WCF :lol

Ginobilly
What? That injury takes all the interest out of Round 2 on that side of the bracket. Golden State gets a fucking bye.

yup. GS vs Clips without curry or CP3: GS sweeps! GS vs Blazers: GS sweeps and is well rested for Spurs/OKC. lol tlong, blazers doing anything significant in the playoffs:lol

HarlemHeat37
Portland getting to round 2 would be an embarrassment for the league, tbh:lol

Sec24Row7
04-26-2016, 12:02 AM

They had a bye anyway.

It's going to be more fun watching Lillard hero ball against GSW than whats left of the Clippers battle whats left of the warriors.

I'd rather watch a ton of great basketball than route for everyone to lose a leg and a hand so the spurs stroll to the title.

You obviously feel differently...

Well it should be interesting for you too... no matter who wins round 2 on that side, only the 3rd best team has a chance to have a healthy starting point guard. (I give the rockettes no chance to advance)

Clipper Nation
04-26-2016, 12:03 AM
Season over. Jasen Powell needs to go, Doc needs to go, and it's time to rebuild.

baseline bum
04-26-2016, 12:04 AM
They had a bye anyway.

It's going to be more fun watching Lillard hero ball against GSW than whats left of the Clippers battle whats left of the warriors.

I'd rather watch a ton of great basketball than route for everyone to lose a leg and a hand so the spurs stroll to the title.

You obviously feel differently...

Well it should be interesting for you too... no matter who wins round 2 on that side, only the 3rd best team has a chance to have a healthy starting point guard. (I give the rockettes no chance to advance)

Clippers with CP3 would have been a horrible matchup for them with no Curry / banged up Curry.

DPG21920
04-26-2016, 12:04 AM
POR is so mediocre, but at least they have 2 guys that can go off and they play hard. I would much rather them play GS. POR is better than Houston and without Curry GS had plenty of moments where HOU had chances to win games and they just sucked.

POR will still lose, but without Curry, they can at least push GS to 6 IMO.

turb0time
04-26-2016, 12:05 AM
This is unreal! :wow

Spurs9
04-26-2016, 12:06 AM
Portland would probably push dubs harders than clips without cp3

Keepin' it real
04-26-2016, 12:08 AM
I blame Steve Kerr.

Sec24Row7
04-26-2016, 12:09 AM
Clippers with CP3 would have been a horrible matchup for them with no Curry / banged up Curry.

Sure, but now both teams are hurt, which is better as far as you are concerned. Would you rather play a healthy clippers or a warriors with a 70% steph?

baseline bum
04-26-2016, 12:12 AM
Sure, but now both teams are hurt, which is better as far as you are concerned. Would you rather play a healthy clippers or a warriors with a 70% steph?

No question, I'd rather the Spurs play a healthy Clippers (even with 100% Blake) than a Warriors with 70% Curry.

Mugen
Want the Blazers to win this series but their plane will probably crash on the way to Oracle tbh :lol

Ditty
Blazers/Spurs WCF :lol

Looks like their is a chance for an Aldridge vs Lilliard WCF series. Who would've thought!

baseline bum
04-26-2016, 12:13 AM
And 70% Curry is pretty optimistic from a Spurs fan perspective for the WCF.

All Mighty Janitor
04-26-2016, 12:13 AM
Et tu, Chris?

ducks
04-26-2016, 12:15 AM
Blake is hurt

Thebesteva
:lol Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500)...when I heard the news today about Steph I was thinking the Clips just might pull it off but remembered they're the Clippers and said to myself that CP3 or Blake will probably have a season ending injury knowing their luck...less than 12 hours later...

DPG21920
With the cap jumping up and the injuries + playoff disappointments we could see some DRAMATIC changes next year. We probably see Houston blown up. We are looking at Lakers without Kobe. LAC may very well be blown up now. They have never made a WCF with this core. They melted down last season in the playoffs and a golden opportunity vs an injured Warriors is now out the window. That team may be done as we know them.

If OKC loses to SA? You have Durant as a free agent and only one finals trip with their core and they could be blown up. Just crazy.

HarlemHeat37
04-26-2016, 12:16 AM
Tom Rivers and his son are gonna have to run the offense on their own now, tbh:lol :wow :(

Clipper Nation
04-26-2016, 12:17 AM
:lol Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500)...when I heard the news today about Steph I was thinking the Clips just might pull it off but remembered they're the Clippers and said to myself that CP3 or Blake will probably have a season ending injury knowing their luck...less than 12 hours later...

Not sure why you're laughing at me, I said we probably wouldn't even beat the Curry-less Warriors :lol

Sec24Row7
04-26-2016, 12:18 AM
And 70% Curry is pretty optimistic from a Spurs fan perspective for the WCF.

Dunno about that...

8 foot step back off dribble 3's etc etc... man its GOT to have some lingering effect. Who knows. But you are right, that might be a lowball estimate for the WCF.

Mnky
04-26-2016, 12:19 AM
Blazers were the only team to beat the dubs that they may face. They're young and very fast. They got shooters who can hang with the gs back court as well as anyone in the league and they have decent depth. Not sure why everyone thinks they're such pushovers. They're young and in inexperienced which led to their early struggles but they're very talented. Those type of wild card players who arnt afraid of the moment are the best type for an upset. Likely to happen? Of course not, but they have as good a chance as the clippers did. I think a blazers gs match-up would be fun to watch. Called it in the regular season.

Mugen
04-26-2016, 12:19 AM
All these key injuries to point guards and Porky decides to be healthy for once during the playoffs :lol

DPG21920
04-26-2016, 12:20 AM
Blake punches an equipment manager and breaks his hand after they cough up their first chance to make a WCF last year. Then CP3 breaks his hand and they likely go out in the first round. Yikes.

GS is in a fantastic spot now, just have to hope POR can close LAC quickly and not completely shrink in the light of the 2nd round vs GS.

Dex
04-26-2016, 12:21 AM
Blake punches an equipment manager and breaks his hand after they cough up their first chance to make a WCF last year. Then CP3 breaks his hand and they likely go out in the first round. Yikes.

GS is in a fantastic spot now, just have to hope POR can close LAC quickly and not completely shrink in the light of the 2nd round vs GS.

Doesn't matter either way. Even without Curry, Golden State will make quick work of either Portland or Clippers minus Paul.

Pretty much just what the doctor ordered for Warriors to try to get healthy and ready for their WCF opponent, whoever that is.

Still a long road ahead.

Arcadian
04-26-2016, 12:22 AM
:lol Dubs luck the fuck out with seeding. OKC finishes 4th and we got SA/Thunder in the WCF....

They earned it by getting the 1 seed. 1 seeds are supposed to get the easier matchups.

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2016, 12:22 AM
Ever since I turned gay things been going my way.....I told yall before the game...

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2016, 12:26 AM

Me being gay is fucking the Spurs chances....you were so giddy and full of optimistic opportunities for the Spurs when Curry went down...:lol

Now look at you DPG baby....keep taking that dick without Vaseline...:lol

HI-FI
04-26-2016, 12:28 AM
Blazers were the only team to beat the dubs that they may face. They're young and very fast. They got shooters who can hang with the gs back court as well as anyone in the league and they have decent depth. Not sure why everyone thinks they're such pushovers. They're young and in inexperienced which led to their early struggles but they're very talented. Those type of wild card players who arnt afraid of the moment are the best type for an upset. Likely to happen? Of course not, but they have as good a chance as the clippers did. I think a blazers gs match-up would be fun to watch. Called it in the regular season.
cosigned. i prefer Blazers to face the Warriors since you know Clippers will find a way to choke or shit it away. Least Blazers will play with more house money and could make it interesting, hopefully grinding down the Warriors in the process even if they lose.

baseline bum
04-26-2016, 12:29 AM
Blazers were the only team to beat the dubs that they may face.

If only they could play the Lakers in the second round

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2016, 12:32 AM
Sorry Spur fan but....but no freebies this year :lol

Y'all were celebrating Stephs injury now look at your retarded monkey asses :lmao

Killakobe81
04-26-2016, 12:35 AM
Bunch of pussies! only the Spurfan unafraid of healthy Dubs/clips are truly about this life. The rest of you under the right pressure ...would snitch about how Shaq paid hush money or would end up turning tricks as some pimps bottom bitch if the pimp hand came way to strong.I wouldnt want any of you cravem simps in a foxhole with me.

Spurs are now the clear favorites ...but you want the pussy to roll over and spread eagle instead of working for it ...i hope you get nothing but blue balls.

Mugen
04-26-2016, 12:37 AM
Bunch of pussies hope only the Spurfan unafraid of healthy Dubs/clips are truly about this life. The rest of you under the right pressure ...would snitch about how Shaq paid hush money or would end up turning tricks as some pimps bottom bitch if the pimp hand cane way to strong.

Spurs are now the clear favorites ...but you want the pusdy to roll over and rpread esgle instead of working for it ...i hope you get nothing.

:lol How many wine coolers you throw back tonight, Killa? I like it, finally showing some spine on the board tbh....:toast

Keepin' it real
04-26-2016, 12:37 AM
Sorry Spur fan but....but no freebies this year :lol

Y'all were celebrating Stephs injury now look at your retarded monkey asses :lmao

Let's maintain a modicum of decorum.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 12:38 AM
Portland getting to round 2 would be an embarrassment for the league, tbh:lol

You had the Rockets getting to the WCF last season w/ Josh Smith playing wingman.:lol

04-26-2016, 12:40 AM
2nd consecutive postseason hampered by injuries. You've got to think the league is considering letting these guys roid up to stay on the floor(if they aren't already, I.E. LeBron :lol). It's really hurting the product, and decreasing interest.

Thebesteva
04-26-2016, 12:41 AM
Not sure why you're laughing at me, I said we probably wouldn't even beat the Curry-less Warriors :lol

Not laughing at u...the situation is funny with the Clips organization. They should have easily been a WCF team already

J_Paco
04-26-2016, 12:41 AM
He's hurt. He's barely moving out there.

Quad is probably bothering him. He has improved his game a lot, but he's fucked if he can't elevate.

I really think the Clippers are a cursed organization, man. They just have the worst possible luck ever and it is fucking hilarious, man.

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2016, 12:43 AM
If CP3 is out for the playoffs.... So is Deandre tbh :lol

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 12:43 AM
Portland would probably push dubs harders than clips without cp3

Cripples have the worst offense in the league when Cp3 is off the floor::lol (Sixers are the worst but they are a D-League team)

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 12:44 AM

Cole Aldrich is going to Whoo-Ride

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 12:45 AM
Tom Rivers and his son are gonna have to run the offense on their own now, tbh:lol :wow :(

They will have 2 games before they pack their bags for vacation.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 12:50 AM
Blazers were the only team to beat the dubs that they may face. They're young and very fast. They got shooters who can hang with the gs back court as well as anyone in the league and they have decent depth. Not sure why everyone thinks they're such pushovers.

One thing the Blazers have going for them against the Duds is that they have mobile bigs (Plumblee/Aminu/Harkless) who can guard Draymond & despite being a shitty defender in space, Lillard has size to guard Livingston until Curry returns (CJ can hide on Barnes).

Aminu would have to shoot lights-out like 2009 Ariza for them to make it a series.

Mugen
04-26-2016, 12:53 AM
:lol The Blazers are a joke team that got manhandled when the Clippers were actually healthy at the beginning of the series....

I'd be surprised if they pushed it past 5 games. Still would fare better than a CP3/Blake less Clipper team obviously.

ViceCity86
04-26-2016, 12:53 AM

:rollin

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 12:57 AM
:lol The Blazers are a joke team that got manhandled when the Clippers were actually healthy at the beginning of the series....

Cripples beat the Rockets in Houston WITHOUT Chris Paul & beat them in Gm 3-4 w/ CP3 on minute limits then blew the series.:lol

baseline bum
04-26-2016, 12:59 AM
Bunch of pussies! only the Spurfan unafraid of healthy Dubs/clips are truly about this life. The rest of you under the right pressure ...would snitch about how Shaq paid hush money or would end up turning tricks as some pimps bottom bitch if the pimp hand came way to strong.I wouldnt want any of you cravem simps in a foxhole with me.

Spurs are now the clear favorites ...but you want the pussy to roll over and spread eagle instead of working for it ...i hope you get nothing but blue balls.

Injuries are part of the game and often determine titles, so it's stupid to want your team's opponent at full strength.

spursistan
04-26-2016, 01:02 AM

cute meltdown :lmao

Killakobe81
04-26-2016, 01:09 AM
cute meltdown :lmao

No meltdown i have no problems with spurs getting 6 or Cavs geeting 1 ...just despise sports cowardice and hypocrisy.

All season some spur fans bitched about the Dubs luck last year and now spurs get memphis, kanter is hurt and dibs and clips are sans star PGs ...
Spurs may have win even if those teams were healthy ...but its pussy to want the easy way out.
Rack em and knock them bitches out.

I will not place a asterisk or use the injury card if spurs win it all ...just saying would love to see a fair fight you bitches would rather sweep the leg ..you cobra kai motherfuckers you ...:lol

daslicer
04-26-2016, 01:15 AM
Injuries are part of the game and often determine titles, so it's stupid to want your team's opponent at full strength.

Yes I have never understood that crap when people say I want to face blah blah at full strength. The playoffs is like Darwinism only the strong survive. Also you will still not get respect by some opposing fans even if you beat their team at full strength because their fan base is going to be filled with haters. Hell the media will find ways to still hate on you if your not a popular team.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 01:16 AM

I'm sure someone has said this, but it's a metacarpal. Metatarsals are in the foot.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 01:19 AM
2nd consecutive postseason hampered by injuries. You've got to think the league is considering letting these guys roid up to stay on the floor(if they aren't already, I.E. LeBron :lol). It's really hurting the product, and decreasing interest.

Are there hand bone steroids?

sook
04-26-2016, 01:22 AM
http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2008490/width/350/height/700/flags/LL

sook
04-26-2016, 01:23 AM

steroids actually weaken your bone.

Growth hormone at this stage will probably just make them super thick, especially the jaw line like Dwade.

baseline bum
04-26-2016, 01:24 AM
Yes I have never understood that crap when people say I want to face blah blah at full strength. The playoffs is like Darwinism only the strong survive. Also you will still not get respect by some opposing fans even if you beat their team at full strength because their fan base is going to be filled with haters. Hell the media will find ways to still hate on you if your not a popular team.

What's the last title team to not benefit greatly from an injury to an opponent? 2011-12 Heat?

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 01:25 AM
steroids actually weaken your bone.

Growth hormone at this stage will probably just make them super thick, especially the jaw line like Dwade.

Good info. Thanks. So there's no way steroids would prevent a metacarpal from breaking in any situation. :bobo:

.G.
04-26-2016, 01:27 AM

:lol

04-26-2016, 01:38 AM
Wasn't really talking about CP3's injury in particular, more so the overall durability of the league. Roids was the first PED that came to mind, but you know what I meant. The league wants to put the best product out there, and these injuries are costing them money.

daslicer
04-26-2016, 01:43 AM
What's the last title team to not benefit greatly from an injury to an opponent? 2011-12 Heat?

Yes they were the last team to not benefit from an opponent's injury. If you go back to 2013 I would say the injury Parker got in game 3 of the finals limited his effectiveness for the rest of that series. 2014 Ibacka injury was huge. 2015 Conley,Tony Allen,Irving, Love did help the Warriors. It gets interesting if you look at all the major injuries starting from 2000.
2000 Duncan out for the playoffs
2001 Derick Anderson injury
2002 David Robinson back injury, Peja had injury that caused him to miss the first 4 games of the WCF.
2003 Chris Webber tears ACL, Dirk gets major knee injury in WCF
2004 Karl Malone gets injured in the finals
2005 Joe Johnson misses the first two games of the WCF due to a face injury he suffered against the Mavs. Dwayne Wade also suffered a serious injury in game 5 of the ECF that allowed Detroit to get back in that series.
2006 No Amare for the season or the playoffs which effected the Suns against the mavs. Also Parker and Ginobili got dinged with injuries from Ron Artest in the Kings series which I felt helped out the Mavs tremendously.
2007 Larry Hughes playing in the finals with a messed up ankle.
2008 Ginobili played with broken ankle in WCF.
2009 Garnett out for playoffs
2010 Perkins knees get shattered in game 6
2011 Ginobili plays with a broken arm.

sook
04-26-2016, 01:56 AM
Good info. Thanks. So there's no way steroids would prevent a metacarpal from breaking in any situation. :bobo:

metatarsal breh. Get it fucking right. Cliff Paul fractured his toe looking hand

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 02:15 AM
Yes they were the last team to not benefit from an opponent's injury.

Dwight fucked up his back in 2012 & missed the postseason. The Heat couldn't have faced them in the 2nd rd & they might have been in trouble considering how Hibbert used to devour them in the playoffs.:lol (Bosh was also injured & only played 16 minutes in the 2nd rd)

daslicer
04-26-2016, 02:19 AM
Dwight fucked up his back in 2012 & missed the postseason.

That is true I forgot about that injury but even if he was healthy I don't see the magic beating Miami. I remember that season Dwight really didn't want to be in Orlando anymore and the team had bad chemistry.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 02:22 AM
That is true I forgot about that injury but even if he was healthy I don't see the magic beating Miami. I remember that season Dwight really didn't want to be in Orlando anymore and the team had bad chemistry.

- http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201202080ORL.html
- http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201203130ORL.html

Mitch
04-26-2016, 02:28 AM
Too bad, tbh. Means Warriors have it easy while Curry is coming back.

daslicer
04-26-2016, 02:41 AM
- http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201202080ORL.html
- http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201203130ORL.html

Right and they lost two other games to Miami by double digits. I still don't see them beating Miami in 7 game series without HCA.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 02:45 AM
metatarsal breh. Get it fucking right. Cliff Paul fractured his toe looking hand

:lmao That's the second time in this thread I've had to wonder if I suddenly contracted brain damage.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 02:45 AM
Too bad, tbh. Means Warriors have it easy while Curry is coming back.

Number one seed has its benefits.

davethedope
04-26-2016, 02:52 AM
Brake Griffin and CP0 strike again:king

Arcadian
04-26-2016, 02:57 AM
Fuck the '12 Heat. Even if they didn't benefit from injuries, they benefitted from being in the shitty eastern conference.

Then again, that was Lebron's peak season, so I guess they deserved it...

LkrFan
04-26-2016, 03:03 AM
Spurs lucking out again :lol

FIFY. The 2 best PGs in the game are out. If y'all don't win it all, I got jokes. If y'all do rang, * :lol

* denotes that TP didn't have to go thru Chef or CP0 or Mike Conley :downspin:

LkrFan
04-26-2016, 03:07 AM

Oh don't even try it. Y'all played a Grizzly team devoid of Conley or Fat Gasol. Y'all had a 1st round bye. You have nary room. -15 points son. :lol

LkrFan
04-26-2016, 03:15 AM

:lmao

Stabula
04-26-2016, 03:26 AM
Donald Trump will make this country great again

djohn2oo8
04-26-2016, 05:15 AM
The curse of Donald Sterling.

LkrFan
04-26-2016, 05:18 AM
The curse of David Stern.
FIFY son :downspin:

hater
04-26-2016, 05:59 AM
Nobody is stopping the cavs this year. No one

Donald Sterling.
04-26-2016, 06:21 AM
Crawl motherfuckers. Crawl.

Chinook
04-26-2016, 06:24 AM

Thanks. They were having entirely too much success.

soxxx
04-26-2016, 06:48 AM
Yes they were the last team to not benefit from an opponent's injury. If you go back to 2013 I would say the injury Parker got in game 3 of the finals limited his effectiveness for the rest of that series. 2014 Ibacka injury was huge. 2015 Conley,Tony Allen,Irving, Love did help the Warriors. It gets interesting if you look at all the major injuries starting from 2000.
2000 Duncan out for the playoffs
2001 Derick Anderson injury
2002 David Robinson back injury, Peja had injury that caused him to miss the first 4 games of the WCF.
2003 Chris Webber tears ACL, Dirk gets major knee injury in WCF
2004 Karl Malone gets injured in the finals
2005 Joe Johnson misses the first two games of the WCF due to a face injury he suffered against the Mavs. Dwayne Wade also suffered a serious injury in game 5 of the ECF that allowed Detroit to get back in that series.
2006 No Amare for the season or the playoffs which effected the Suns against the mavs. Also Parker and Ginobili got dinged with injuries from Ron Artest in the Kings series which I felt helped out the Mavs tremendously.
2007 Larry Hughes playing in the finals with a messed up ankle.
2008 Ginobili played with broken ankle in WCF.
2009 Garnett out for playoffs
2010 Perkins knees get shattered in game 6
2011 Ginobili plays with a broken arm.

Ironically the 2012 Heat won in a lockout year which people like to use an asterisk for, ultimately though the shortened season produced the healthiest playoffs.

TheCerebral1
04-26-2016, 06:50 AM

They really aren't that great. Sorry. With that roster they should have run away with the East. They are utterly average. Also, Lebron may succeed in his play, but the team falls apart around him. San Antonio can beat their bigs easily. Irving is overrated by everyone.

RGMCSE
04-26-2016, 09:40 AM
FIFY. The 2 best PGs in the game are out. If y'all don't win it all, I got jokes. If y'all do rang, * :lol

* denotes that TP didn't have to go thru Chef or CP0 or Mike Conley :downspin:

Lob an asterisk all you want bruh. Porker ain't running shit on the Spurs anyways so your reason is fucking flawed to begin with. But have at it. All I know is Spur fan can lob 12 and 17 any day all day. Live with it biatch!

tonight...you
04-26-2016, 10:22 AM
Yup. Just about every single year.
Ridiculous to think otherwise.

MaineSpursFan
04-26-2016, 10:39 AM

Metatarsals are in the foot, Metacarpals are in the hand.

Mitch
04-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Having good luck is one of them, I guess?

Number one seed has its benefits.

cutewizard
04-26-2016, 11:25 AM
too bad for the Clippers

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 11:36 AM
Having good luck is one of them, I guess?

Playing weaker teams, which also means more injured teams. Griffin was banged up, and Paul is always worn down by playoff time.

spursistan
04-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Dude is cursed, tbh..wouldn't mind if he come to ring-chase with Kawhi/Pop in 2017 :downspin:..

I don't think even a Dirk-like 2011 run is in store for him, certainly not in Clippers uniform...If the Cavs flame out, there will be a potential blowup for both teams and i think Lebron will try to push for CP3-Irving swap...

Mitch
04-26-2016, 12:14 PM
Playing weaker teams, which also means more injured teams. Griffin was banged up, and Paul is always worn down by playoff time.

I dunno, Clippers losing their 2 best players was kind of a freak incident. Blake getting hurt could have been predicted, but Paul and him at once?

DPG21920
04-26-2016, 12:28 PM
It was very fluky. It happens. Spurs v OKC will be great. People are sleeping on PoR IMO. If they can stay focused and not have the mental drop that happens when playing an injured team, they will beat LAC.

Then without Curry? Lillard/CJ have fire power to make it interesting. Not enough to win likely but no push overs. They are young, play hard and have good athletes. If Curry missed that series I think it goes 6.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 12:33 PM
Right and they lost two other games to Miami by double digits. I still don't see them beating Miami in 7 game series without HCA.

Again, Bosh was OUT for the 2nd rd. So, Dwight would have essentially camped in the paint on BOTH ends.

Spurtacular
04-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Clips may not even make it past the Blazers now.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Clips may not even make it past the Blazers now.

This has essentially turned into the 2012 Bulls/Sixers series:

5yO7VbYw01Q

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 12:43 PM
I dunno, Clippers losing their 2 best players was kind of a freak incident. Blake getting hurt could have been predicted, but Paul and him at once?

They're probably hosting the Blazers instead of the Spurs/Thunder while Curry recuperates. I was agreeing with you. I really didn't think the statement required this much discussion, particularly from the person I was trying to agree with.

Jenks
04-26-2016, 12:45 PM

He gets hated on a lot here, but Derrick Rose went down in the first round, a year after he won MVP. The Bulls were the only team in the east that could have given the Heat a good series in the east. I don't think there is a single other player that could have gotten hurt in 2012 that would have made The Heat's run to the finals easier than Rose.

daslicer
04-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Again, Bosh was OUT for the 2nd rd. So, Dwight would have essentially camped in the paint on BOTH ends.

Both team had major injuries. I don't know what you are trying to argue now. It works both ways when it comes to the injury argument. If Dwight is healthy Magic would have benefited from playing against a Heat team without Bosh. Hence it cancels out. It's like arguing if the Clippers were healthy they would advance to round 2 and beat a Curryless Warriors team.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 01:07 PM
Both team had major injuries. I don't know what you are trying to argue now. It works both ways when it comes to the injury argument. If Dwight is healthy Magic would have benefited from playing against a Heat team without Bosh. Hence it cancels out. It's like arguing if the Clippers were healthy they would advance to round 2 and beat a Curryless Warriors team.

Nobody brought up the Bosh injury factor when the Heat were down 3-2 to the Celtics in the ECF. Folks put LeBron on the spot & he responded w/ the legendary Gm 6 performance. He would have been crucified if the Heat lost to the Magic considering the 2012 Heat w/o Bosh were better than the 2009 Cavs that lost to the Magic.

Caron Butler was the Mavs 2nd leading scorer & missed the 2011 postseason but nobody brought it up b/c they won it all.:lol

Mitch
04-26-2016, 01:35 PM
They're probably hosting the Blazers instead of the Spurs/Thunder while Curry recuperates. I was agreeing with you. I really didn't think the statement required this much discussion, particularly from the person I was trying to agree with.

:tu

spursistan
04-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Nobody brought up the Bosh injury factor when the Heat were down 3-2 to the Celtics in the ECF. Folks put LeBron on the spot & he responded w/ the legendary Gm 6 performance. He would have been crucified if the Heat lost to the Magic considering the 2012 Heat w/o Bosh were better than the 2009 Cavs that lost to the Magic.

Caron Butler was the Mavs 2nd leading scorer & missed the 2011 postseason but nobody brought it up b/c they won it all.:lol

it is really amazing when you delve more into recent history, pretty much every title run has an injury asterisk/footnote to it :lol..since this 73-win talk is going to give more power to *ers , I'm actually now leaning to playing the Warriors with %70 Curry than having them bounced in 2nd round..At least they can STFUP forever should we beat them...I don't care: if the dude suits up, then he wouldn't be different from 95% of the league at this point in the season in being dinged-up in some body part....

Clipper Nation
04-26-2016, 01:56 PM
He gets hated on a lot here, but Derrick Rose went down in the first round, a year after he won MVP. The Bulls were the only team in the east that could have given the Heat a good series in the east. I don't think there is a single other player that could have gotten hurt in 2012 that would have made The Heat's run to the finals easier than Rose.
Rose and the Bulls have always been LeBron's bitches. They might have stolen one game from the Heat that year at the most.

timtonymanu
04-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Rose and the Bulls have always been LeBron's bitches. They might have stolen one game from the Heat that year at the most.

Yep. LeBron wasn't going to lose that year after the 2011 upset.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 02:44 PM
it is really amazing when you delve more into recent history, pretty much every title run has an injury asterisk/footnote to it :lol..since this 73-win talk is going to give more power to *ers , I'm actually now leaning to playing the Warriors with %70 Curry than having them bounced in 2nd round..At least they can STFUP forever should we beat them...I don't care: if the dude suits up, then he wouldn't be different from 95% of the league at this point in the season in being dinged-up in some body part....

Folks still bitch about the fake Ibaka "injury" when he looked fine in Gm 3/4, there is no way they would let the Curry injury slide unless Wardell average 30 on 50% shooting.:lol

In any case, the Duds have no grounds to stand on considering what took place last season. At least, OKC got the short end of the stick in 2013.

ducks
04-26-2016, 02:49 PM
last 5 playoffs hurt sometimes in playoffs
too many minutes during regular season

LkrFan
04-26-2016, 04:20 PM
Lob an asterisk all you want bruh. Porker ain't running shit on the Spurs anyways so your reason is fucking flawed to begin with. But have at it. All I know is Spur fan can lob 12 and 17 any day all day. Live with it biatch!

:lol

spursistan
04-26-2016, 04:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/CxFFaxp.jpg

StrengthAndHonor
04-26-2016, 06:16 PM
Best case scenario but pretty pointless, Reddick is also gimpy, season is a wash. Get a new coach, GM and trade a Griffin to get the most amount of assets for a re-tool.

spurtech09
04-26-2016, 10:51 PM
The play offs just got a whole lot weaker.......Im a spurs fan but wow I truly feel bad for chris paul and blake griffin.......Whats the deal with all these injuries....than add the fact that Curry keeps getting hurt......