PDA

View Full Version : 76ers: Allen Iverson........... very underated

lebomb
04-26-2016, 07:54 AM
I watched youtube replays of his career, and this guy is so underrated. No offense to GS greatest, but Curry gets way more props than AI and AI was a beast at 6'-0" and 160lbs. Dude would cross your ass over and hit a three or drive the basket for 2 and a foul. :claw

djohn2oo8
04-26-2016, 08:02 AM
Iverson was a chucker

lebomb
04-26-2016, 08:08 AM
Iverson was a chucker

:lmao ......... Says the Harden fan

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2016, 08:10 AM
iverson a chucker vs curry the guy who chucks 14 3pta per game

djohn2oo8
04-26-2016, 08:21 AM
:lmao ......... Says the Harden fan

Not on the level of Iverson, who averaged 26 shots a game in the playoffs, and shot 38% all the way to the finals in that weak ass East :lol

lebomb
04-26-2016, 08:36 AM
I bet 95% of everyone would take Iverson over Harden on their team any day of said week! Iverson carried a team of D-leaguers to the finals. Houston has a team with many more better players and cannot get outta the first round. :rolleyes

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-26-2016, 08:38 AM
Dude would cross your ass over and hit a three or drive the basket for 2 and a foul. :claw

Too bad he could only manage it 40% of the time though.

djohn2oo8
04-26-2016, 08:49 AM
I bet 95% of everyone would take Iverson over Harden on their team any day of said week! Iverson carried a team of D-leaguers to the finals. Houston has a team with many more better players and cannot get outta the first round. :rolleyes

Iverson had teammates who were great defenders. Plus being in the weak East. While also having Larry Brown. No one on the Rockets plays defense, including Harden. And how many more players are better on the Rockets? Brewer? :lol Ariza? :rollin Terry? Jones? Capela? McDaniels? Fuckin Christ.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Why am I not surprised the resident dumbass negro made this take?
AI was a chucker whose teams were very limited because of him and because he didnt want to play with another star.

Supee talented. But def not underrated.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2016, 09:10 AM
But AI is better than Hardone.

AI actually competed. Hardone, always thinking about some other shit

Iverson being compared to Curry is a huge disrespect to greatest Guard i have ever seen play in his active years. In the lasy 16 years.

Jenks
04-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Iverson had teammates who were great defenders. Plus being in the weak East. While also having Larry Brown. No one on the Rockets plays defense, including Harden. And how many more players are better on the Rockets? Brewer? :lol Ariza? :rollin Terry? Jones? Capela? McDaniels? Fuckin Christ.
Iverson carried a team to the finals where the best players after him were guys like Theo Ratliff and Eric Snow.

Harden couldn't win with Durant and Westbrook.

You're a faggot of the highest order if you think Harden is within 1000 miles of Iverson's talent. You should be embarrassed making that comparison.

djohn2oo8
04-26-2016, 09:21 AM
Iverson carried a team to the finals where the best players after him were guys like Theo Ratliff and Eric Snow.

Harden couldn't win with Durant and Westbrook.

You're a faggot of the highest order if you think Harden is within 1000 miles of Iverson's talent. You should be embarrassed making that comparison.

That was the weakest conference era of all time. Good Lord Byron Scott Made the finals twice in a row :lol And Iverson's talent? Iverson was a worse shooter than Harden and a worse passer.

Trill Clinton
04-26-2016, 09:47 AM
AI is pound 4 pound the best to ever play the game. a visionary, most influential, the biggest cultural icon in the league's history who carried a d league sixers team to an nba finals.

lebomb
04-26-2016, 09:54 AM
All you stupid bitches coming in here talking bout AI......

Ask Kobe Bryant how good AI was.

lebomb
04-26-2016, 09:57 AM
AI is pound 4 pound the best to ever play the game. a visionary, most influential, the biggest cultural icon in the league's history who carried a d league sixers team to an nba finals.

Not only that Trill........ AI never got hurt. He would roll into the paint with the biggest niggras and come out no problem.

Leetonidas
04-26-2016, 09:57 AM
dumb neeg with the dumb neeg thread

lebomb
04-26-2016, 10:06 AM
dumb neeg with the dumb neeg thread

STFU before I slap you across the lips with my 9" long black throbbin cawk. :claw

Leetonidas
04-26-2016, 10:51 AM
dumb n1gg3r with the classic “muh dick” response :sleep

lebomb
04-26-2016, 11:13 AM
dumb n1gg3r with the classic “muh dick” response :sleep

STFU cracka.......... there is that better?

Trill Clinton
04-26-2016, 11:13 AM
Not only that Trill........ AI never got hurt. He would roll into the paint with the biggest niggras and come out no problem.

yup, he was tough as fucc and quick too. remember him crossing over mj?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJMi5lvQqq8

Raven
04-26-2016, 11:25 AM
i loved AI the first year he exploded and got philly to the finals, but the truth is he's a terrible player and one of the biggest cancers ever. I laughed my ass off for weeks when he got traded for freaking billups and mcdyess.. one of the worst trades ever

DarrinS
04-26-2016, 11:51 AM
There's a Netflix doc about him, but I haven't watched.

daslicer
04-26-2016, 11:56 AM
i loved AI the first year he exploded and got philly to the finals, but the truth is he's a terrible player and one of the biggest cancers ever. I laughed my ass off for weeks when he got traded for freaking billups and mcdyess.. one of the worst trades ever

I agree AI was exciting to watch from '96-'01 and after that he started to go downhill gradually every year.

chunticakes
04-26-2016, 12:02 PM

Truth. I actually saw the Netflix documentary last night, tbh.

AI was supremely talented...a fierce competitor. If some of the players nowadays had half the heart Iverson had...man.

Remember that all-star game in 01?!

Arcadian
04-26-2016, 12:24 PM
Iverson > Harden

sook
04-26-2016, 12:26 PM

big Harden critic, but wtf are you smoking?

Hell no.

And thats what happens when your basketball knowledge is a culmination of youtube clips :lol

Sean Cagney
04-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Iverson > Harden

Easily. Pound for pound Iverson was one of the best athletes in sports, small but talented as hell. He was a chucker I agree, but he was so quick and lethal with that first step.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2016, 01:00 PM
AI is the only college player I ever went out of my way to follow or watch. Without Larry Brown and when his astonishing athletic ability started to wane, a spoiled kid with no accountability to anyone, he turned into a chucker who cared more about his stats than wins or teammates. Kobe did the same thing. That kind of clouds people's memory. He was a bad motherfucker, and a nightmare matchup.

HarlemHeat37
04-26-2016, 01:05 PM
Overrated basketball player IMO, but he's one of the 5 most influential players in NBA history, all things considered..he's the 2Pac of the NBA..

spurraider21
04-26-2016, 01:08 PM
troll chimpin doin work

lebomb
04-26-2016, 01:10 PM

Please put the crack pipe away. :rolleyes

He may be a cancer, but a terrible player? :lmao

lebomb
04-26-2016, 01:12 PM
big Harden critic, but wtf are you smoking?

Hell no.

And thats what happens when your basketball knowledge is a culmination of youtube clips :lol

Looks like you are already in the minority bruh. Do you even know basketball?

DMC
04-26-2016, 01:12 PM
He had his glory days for sure, but he went out like a fucking prima donna and team cancer. He was a shorter version of Kobe.

DMC
04-26-2016, 01:14 PM
The pound for pound argument I keep reading that gets misused for things outside of the fighting sports is pointless. How can you apply "pound for pound" to basketball? They don't have weight classes.

djohn2oo8
04-26-2016, 01:17 PM
The pound for pound argument I keep reading that gets misused for things outside of the fighting sports is pointless. How can you apply "pound for pound" to basketball? They don't have weight classes.

:lol

lebomb
04-26-2016, 01:20 PM

Actually they do...... a 160lb niggra is lighter than a 250lb niggra. :claw

SpursforSix
04-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Truth. I actually saw the Netflix documentary last night, tbh.

AI was supremely talented...a fierce competitor. If some of the players nowadays had half the heart Iverson had...man.

Remember that all-star game in 01?!

ah yes...I remember it like it was 15 years ago

Ginobilly
04-26-2016, 01:30 PM

yup. And he was no 6'0 ft tall imo:lmao. More like 5'10/5'9. It was amazing that he played that well against 6'5 220 lbs niggas. Anybody else would get their shit swatted.

djohn2oo8
04-26-2016, 01:33 PM

I don't think you understand what a weight "class" means.

Mitch
04-26-2016, 01:37 PM

AI is better at just about every aspect of the game except flopping, tbh

Trill Clinton
04-26-2016, 02:12 PM
smh at the unfortunate racist remarks towards myself and lebomb.

DMC
04-26-2016, 02:46 PM

But they face each other directly in the NBA. Pound for pound is only used for guys who don't ever face each other so. So no.

DMC
04-26-2016, 02:47 PM
smh at the unfortunate racist remarks towards myself and lebomb.
You should run over to the Club and start a thread about SAWM tbh.

DAF86
04-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Iverson is my favourite player of all-time but he's overrated as fuck by dumb gangsta wannabes. He's a cancer to any team that pretends to win something. He isn't better than guys like Harden, Nash, Ginobili, etc.

DAF86
04-26-2016, 02:51 PM
AI is better at just about every aspect of the game except flopping, tbh

And shooting 2s, and shooting 3s, and shooting FTs, and assisting, and rebounding, and blocking shots.

ambchang
04-26-2016, 02:53 PM
Allen Iverson is about rightly rated. He was a brilliant individual player, probably one of the best one on one player the league has ever seen, but the game is 5-5.

He requires a very specific type of team around him to be successful. His team has to have extremely strong offensive rebounding (to get second chance points from his bricks), great defensively (to offset for an inefficient offense), and players that do not mind not having the ball for stretches of the game (as Iverson carries the entire offense himself). They also have to be great spot up shooters (for Iverson kickouts).

It's a bunch of very unique skill set, and even then, I am not sure if that theoretical team can win it all because it is bound to be average to poor offensively.

I loved Iverson, thought he was one of the most entertaining players to ever play the game. His cultural impact is unrivaled in the history of the league, but he was just too stubborn to change his game. He always seems to be the guy who would rather lose his way than win the team's way.

04-26-2016, 05:36 PM
I loved Iverson, thought he was one of the most entertaining players to ever play the game. His cultural impact is unrivaled in the history of the league, but he was just too stubborn to change his game. He always seems to be the guy who would rather lose his way than win the team's way.

Absolutely. And what makes me respect him is that it was all quite in the open with him. He was what he was. He didn't hide his shit. Something that can't really be said about other so called all-time "greats" who tried to hide their egotistical/narcissistic ways behind a fake "all about the win" persona :lol

Caltex2
04-27-2016, 03:46 AM

D-Leaguers, they had Mount Mutumbo on their team.

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 04:06 AM
I watched youtube replays of his career

You must be a :baby

Down Under
04-27-2016, 04:06 AM
Great competitor, but couldn't shoot, didn't play d just gambled for everything and was too short.

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 04:25 AM
Great competitor, but couldn't shoot, didn't play d just gambled for everything and was too short.

Depends on whether you think Westbrook "can't shoot" b/c Iverson was a better shooter & whether you think Curry "doesn't play D" b/c Iverson actually played better 1-on-1 defense.

Killakobe81
04-27-2016, 07:57 AM
Overrated basketball player IMO, but he's one of the 5 most influential players in NBA history, all things considered..he's the 2Pac of the NBA..

Interesting take.
Not sure he is underrated as HH says you could make a case for over, not under.
tough to argue he is underrated with ROTY, MVP, ASGMVP (IIRC) and one of the og coverboys for 2K and a huge Reebok deal.

Plus hood rats loved AI ... he may not have been able to get the top shelf chicks that Wade/Lebron could for example ...but all the "around the way girls" would of chose AI over Kobe, TMAC etc. 9 out of 10 ghetto girls would choose AI over anyone tbh.

lefty
04-27-2016, 02:26 PM
Curry = Iverson with a better shooting %

Curry is a bad a chucker as AI, but he is a better shooter

And AI could play through injuries, faggot Steph can't

lefty20
04-27-2016, 03:42 PM
Dude would cross your ass over and hit a three or drive the basket for 2 and a foul. :claw

Then he would proceed to miss the next 5 trying to replicate that, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 04:01 PM
Interesting take.
Not sure he is underrated as HH says you could make a case for over, not under.
tough to argue he is underrated with ROTY, MVP, ASGMVP (IIRC) and one of the og coverboys for 2K and a huge Reebok deal.

Iverson is a smaller version of WestBrick w/ a higher Bball IQ.

pgardn
04-27-2016, 04:10 PM
Curry = Iverson with a better shooting %

Curry is a bad a chucker as AI, but he is a better shooter

And AI could play through injuries, faggot Steph can't

Curry does not have the raw speed of AI. Much better shooter, Curry. Curry sees the floor better as well.

AI was like a Rucker Park player God that sort of understood the NBA. Curry is transcendent in the NBA.
AI was a fantastic athlete. Curry was made for NBA basketball.

pgardn
04-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Iverson is a smaller version of WestBrick w/ a higher Bball IQ.

Actually cant argue this.
Yep.

Leetonidas
04-27-2016, 06:43 PM
This thread is a good example of why black coaches are shit in the NBA

Down Under
04-28-2016, 02:15 AM
Depends on whether you think Westbrook "can't shoot" b/c Iverson was a better shooter & whether you think Curry "doesn't play D" b/c Iverson actually played better 1-on-1 defense.
Westbrook is a much better mid range shooter than AI, obviously neither are good from 3. AI's gambling left him chronically out of position, much like Westbrook the past couple of seasons.

Molotov
04-28-2016, 03:25 AM

:lol

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2016, 04:03 AM
Westbrook is a much better mid range shooter than AI, obviously neither are good from 3. AI's gambling left him chronically out of position, much like Westbrook the past couple of seasons.

Iverson shot 47% from 10-16 ft when he averaged a career high 33 pts, meanwhile WestBrick has never shot above 44% in his career from that range. Besides, Iverson was a very smart gambler when it came to jumping passing lanes, WestBrick leaves his man WIDE open to get blindside strips or blocks.

lebomb
04-28-2016, 05:59 AM

STFU cockonidas..........this thread is a good example of you never having anything productive to say ever. Be gone with you Fagonidas :claw

Kidd K
04-28-2016, 06:30 AM
Actually he's quite overrated. High PPG but he was simply just not an efficient scorer. . .nor was he that great of a defender.

He was fun to watch pile up PPG but was never going to lead any team to a title, and clearly didn't. He played for personal stats first, not wins. He got paid well by playing selfishly, so there's that, but underrated? No way. Highlights
don't show all the misses and the terrible shot selection.

Leetonidas
04-28-2016, 08:57 AM
STFU cockonidas..........this thread is a good example of you never having anything productive to say ever. Be gone with you Fagonidas :claw

more n1gg3r rebuttals. lol muh dick faggot. :sleep

lebomb
04-28-2016, 09:04 AM

:claw

Trill Clinton
04-28-2016, 10:18 AM

insecure CAC rebuttal using the race card:sleep

i'm at utsa every mwf. pull up.

DPG21920
04-28-2016, 10:38 AM

Why are you being a dummy? You need to cut that stuff out like ASAP

Leetonidas
04-28-2016, 10:54 AM
oh no the ST police :cry

DPG21920
04-28-2016, 11:15 AM
oh no the ST police :cry

Has nothing to do with the ST police and everything to do with you looking like an idiot. Regardless of anything that happens to your posting privileges on ST, you still are a real person that seems like an a-hole if this is how you really are.

Leetonidas
04-28-2016, 11:18 AM
nice assesment dude. truth is you don't know shit about me so your little analysis means nothing to me tbh

DPG21920
04-28-2016, 11:34 AM
nice assesment dude. truth is you don't know shit about me so your little analysis means nothing to me tbh

The only thing I know about you is that you are racist on a message board. That's all anyone has to go off of & it paints a pretty bad picture.

No need to get offended - you are acting like a racist idiot and got called out for it. If you are happy being a racist idiot, great, I'm glad you are living a fulfilling life doing what makes you happy.

I would just hope this isn't how you are in real life.

Leetonidas
04-28-2016, 11:45 AM
:sleep great speech

StrengthAndHonor
04-28-2016, 11:47 AM
The only thing I know about you is that you are racist on a message board. That's all anyone has to go off of & it paints a pretty bad picture.

No need to get offended - you are acting like a racist idiot and got called out for it. If you are happy being a racist idiot, great, I'm glad you are living a fulfilling life doing what makes you happy.

I would just hope this isn't how you are in real life.
I'm glad this came from one of the most respected poster in this board. I'm sick and tired of the insults, racist slurs being thrown here. We can all still keep this board entertaining minus the over the top derogatory comments. Kudos.