Hey, everyone else is doing it.

elemento
04-26-2016, 11:59 PM
:hat

I wonder how many Ravens fellows we have on ST

Silver&Black
05-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Really? Are the Ravens serious?

Gonna get in trouble for using full pads in a rookie mini-camp. They're talking fine or maybe even losing a late round draft pick next year.

elemento
05-17-2016, 03:13 PM
For like 5 minutes. Dumb considering it violates the rules by the CBA and I'm positive they're aware of it, but it's such a non-issue.

Seahawks violated a contact rule 2 years ago in the mini-camp and just got fined and lost a couple of mini-camps. I don't expect it to be any different than this.

Silver&Black
05-17-2016, 04:15 PM
For like 5 minutes. Dumb considering it violates the rules by the CBA and I'm positive they're aware of it, but it's such a non-issue.

Even if it was for 5 minutes...it was still stupid to do. Somebody in the organization should have caught it before it ever happened.

I agree with you that it's a "Non-issue", but the league probably will not agree with us. I don't think it should warrant a draft pick taken away, but you never know.

Chinook
05-18-2016, 11:42 AM
Even if it was for 5 minutes...it was still stupid to do. Somebody in the organization should have caught it before it ever happened.

I agree with you that it's a "Non-issue", but the league probably will not agree with us. I don't think it should warrant a draft pick taken away, but you never know.

It wouldn't matter anyway. However, the league would only take away the pick if it affected the games. That rule is in the CBA because of the NFLPA. They last thing they want is for a team to lose a pick and have an extra player go undrafted. Good on Ben Watson for making sure it was only five minutes.

Canyonero
06-11-2016, 05:34 PM

:lol:lol

Raven
06-11-2016, 05:59 PM
certified bust. oh well.

elemento
06-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Fuck

I was so excited about Wallace/Perriman as deep weapons for Flacco this season. Wallace/SS/Aiken is still a decent trio though. Maybe Chris Moore will have a chance to show what he is made of sooner than he thought and I'm still high on Campanaro, even though he is injury-prone as fuck too.

monosylab1k
06-12-2016, 02:00 PM

:lol:lol

:lmao :lmao :lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
06-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Fuck

I was so excited about Wallace/Perriman as deep weapons for Flacco this season. Wallace/SS/Aiken is still a decent trio though. Maybe Chris Moore will have a chance to show what he is made of sooner than he thought and I'm still high on Campanaro, even though he is injury-prone as fuck too.
At least you all have dat defense.. oh wait they retired.

elemento
06-13-2016, 09:03 AM
At least you all have dat defense.. oh wait they retired.

:lol

Ravens will have a much better secondary this season. Not worried about the rest of the defense

I'm still more concerned about the offense. Don't trust Trestman at all.

Chinook
06-14-2016, 11:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16201227/breshad-perriman-baltimore-ravens-does-not-need-reconstructive-knee-surgery

Just needs to take a shot of dead babies, and he'll be fine. Right up until he finds another CL to tear.

The Gemini Method
06-14-2016, 01:40 PM
Damn. They were banking on Perriman. Now they have a 37-year old Steve Smith Jr. as the leader of that WR corps. Hopefully Mike Wallace can rectify his once promising career.

Chinook
06-14-2016, 02:01 PM
Damn. They were banking on Perriman. Now they have a 37-year old Steve Smith Jr. as the leader of that WR corps. Hopefully Mike Wallace can rectify his once promising career.

I actually feel pretty good about the corps. Perriman should be back by training camp or at least he should play in the preseason (and yeah, he strung everyone along last year too). He should have been allowed to come along slowly anyway. SSSr, Aiken and Wallace make for a nice enough top three considering the TEs the team already has on the roster. The competition behind those guys with Waller, Moore, Reynold, Camp and Butler should be pretty cool. Looking forward to Flacco coming back with the best unit he's ever had.

elemento
06-15-2016, 03:36 PM
Ravens just released the Marijuana lover. Yeah, too much distraction calling out the Ravens with that marijuana crap. Could barely play in the last 2 seasons and had a 5 top salary. See ya son

I'm assuming that they feel good about Stanley taking over the LT spot.

The Gemini Method
06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
I actually feel pretty good about the corps. Perriman should be back by training camp or at least he should play in the preseason (and yeah, he strung everyone along last year too). He should have been allowed to come along slowly anyway. SSSr, Aiken and Wallace make for a nice enough top three considering the TEs the team already has on the roster. The competition behind those guys with Waller, Moore, Reynold, Camp and Butler should be pretty cool. Looking forward to Flacco coming back with the best unit he's ever had. You are the board's preeminent Ravens' fan, so I'll take your word on this.

Canyonero
06-18-2016, 09:13 AM
Ravens just released the Marijuana lover. Yeah, too much distraction calling out the Ravens with that marijuana crap. Could barely play in the last 2 seasons and had a 5 top salary. See ya son

I'm assuming that they feel good about Stanley taking over the LT spot.

:lol:lol so shitty they couldn't even get a trade for him.

elemento
06-18-2016, 04:15 PM
:lol:lol so shitty they couldn't even get a trade for him.

Worst signing since Domonique Foxworth tbh . Giants will probably sign him now.

Canyonero
06-18-2016, 04:22 PM
Worst signing since Domonique Foxworth tbh . Giants will probably sign him now.

The guy who was prez of the NFLPA?

elemento
06-18-2016, 04:28 PM
The guy who was prez of the NFLPA?

Yep exactly him

Chinook
07-21-2016, 08:01 AM
Ha. So Monroe is retiring: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17117984/eugene-monroe-plans-retire-seven-year-career

What a bust of a signing. I'm almost hoping at this point that the team just doesn't retain players after their first contract. They have such an awful track record with their extensions.

Chinook
09-19-2016, 07:03 AM
Pretty shaky start to the season so far. I think there's still a lot of talent on the team that isn't playing as well as they can, so they should improve as the year goes on. The most important thing is that they are 2-0 right now. They can get better as their opponents do. Next two weeks are huge. If they can get out of the first quarter of the season 4-0, I think they'll be the playoffs for sure.

Also, it really, really sucks to hear about Clarence Brooks. Dude was a foundational piece of the Ravens organization. Thought he was going to make it.

DeadlyDynasty
09-19-2016, 09:07 AM
They've been frustrating to watch, but like you said the talent is there. That 2nd half opening drive was beautiful, and showed what they're capable of imo

UNT Eagles 2016
09-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Good solid team... everyone overrated Cinci and underrated you guys. I had you going 10-6, 5 seed wild card, and beating the Texans in the first round.

Aside from 2-0, the most important thing is you have a real legit winning quarterback rather than that fraudulent ginger piece of shit on the Bungles.

DPG21920
09-19-2016, 03:21 PM
Pretty shaky start to the season so far. I think there's still a lot of talent on the team that isn't playing as well as they can, so they should improve as the year goes on. The most important thing is that they are 2-0 right now. They can get better as their opponents do. Next two weeks are huge. If they can get out of the first quarter of the season 4-0, I think they'll be the playoffs for sure.

Also, it really, really sucks to hear about Clarence Brooks. Dude was a foundational piece of the Ravens organization. Thought he was going to make it.

Run game has been pretty bad to start the season. Looks like Dixon may need to be the guy if BAL is to do anything this year.

Chinook
09-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Run game has been pretty bad to start the season. Looks like Dixon may need to be the guy if BAL is to do anything this year.

They probably need to replace Zuttah. He seems to be the weak link on the offensive line. West and Forsett are both capable players. I expect Dixon to start over them, but they aren't as bad as they've looked.

elemento
09-19-2016, 04:21 PM
Just my cents

Ravens pretty much play up to their competition, no big news. I knew it would be a close game against the Browns. Horrible 1st half, wonderful 2nd half.

Wallace was a wonderful addition. Flacco is pretty much the perfect QB for him. You can smell a pretty good season for him. Maybe not peak Steelers level, but a pretty good one.

Run game is pathetic and it's not all the RB's fault. O-Line has been pretty bad, especially the C position. Zuttah is massive liability on the field. Teams are exploring him big time. They need to do something there. I don't care what. Just test Jensen or Urschel there. They can't be worse than Zuttah.

DeadlyDynasty
09-26-2016, 12:23 AM
Like Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) said in another thread, this is one of the ugliest 3-0 starts I've seen in recent memory. Baltimore is obviously the beneficiary of a light schedule, as they might be 0-3 against any other competition. Their inability to score points makes them frustrating as hell to watch, but here are a few positives:

-The defense and special teams have been lights-out so far. Barring injury, these two units should only get better as the season progresses.
-Despite the offensive struggles, Flacco is incorporating many receivers into the offense. Week 1: 10 receivers, Week 2: 9, Week 3: 8.
-Steve Smith is still a boss

spurraider21
09-26-2016, 01:04 AM
Raiders at Ravens next week, should be a good game. was entertaining last year too

both teams have benefitted from soft opponents, and both look vulnerable. i dont see it being a blowout either way. raiders run D is atrocious right now, but the ravens have been poor running the ball. if it becomes a passing duel, i like our chances

Chinook
09-26-2016, 01:08 PM
Raiders at Ravens next week, should be a good game. was entertaining last year too

both teams have benefitted from soft opponents, and both look vulnerable. i dont see it being a blowout either way. raiders run D is atrocious right now, but the ravens have been poor running the ball. if it becomes a passing duel, i like our chances

Hoping for a kicking duel. The Ravens don't lose kicking duels.

spurraider21
09-26-2016, 02:51 PM
Hoping for a kicking duel. The Ravens don't lose kicking duels.
Koch and King are two of the best punters in very different ways. Tucker is more reliable than janikowski, but jano's ridiculous range is a wildcard.

Chinook
09-26-2016, 03:05 PM
Koch and King are two of the best punters in very different ways. Tucker is more reliable than janikowski, but jano's ridiculous range is a wildcard.

Tucker has a 61-yard game-winner on his resume, so he's no slouch either. But I was actually saying that because the Ravens are crazy-good at blocking kicks. They've needed two kick blocks in back-to-back games to win.

spurraider21
10-02-2016, 11:42 PM
marquette king won the kicking duel :wow

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OccasionalUnacceptableCrustacean-size_restricted.gif

Canyonero
10-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Trestman fired.

Congrats Ravens fans :toast

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 06:45 PM