PDA

View Full Version : David Aldridge NBA.Com article.

DocDoc
04-26-2016, 10:14 PM
http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/david_aldridge/04/25/morning-tip-san-antonio-spurs-chugging-toward-another-finals-run-kawhi-leonard-lamarcus-aldridge-tim-duncan/index.html

delete if someone has posted this - i hadn't seen it

GSH
04-26-2016, 11:00 PM
With Curry's injury looming, the NBA.com people decided they better start some buzz elsewhere. NOW they want to acknowledge that the Spurs are pretty damn good, too. :lol

BillMc
04-26-2016, 11:01 PM
A good read, thanks for posting. :bobo

peacemaker885
04-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Very fine article. We gotta win now.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 11:49 PM
"I always think we have a shot, every year," Parker said. "This year is not different from other years. I think we always have a shot. We try to contend for a title. Obviously, Golden State, they have all the credit, and well-deserved. They've been playing unbelievable."

Porker in 2011:
“We will always have a good team but we can no longer say that we’re playing for a championship.”

:rolleyes

GSH
04-27-2016, 12:02 AM
Porker in 2011:

I always think we have a shot, every year," Parker said. "This year is not different from other years.

“At the start of the season I said this was our last chance,” he said. “Tim (Duncan) and Gino (Manu Ginobili) are getting old. It’s going to be tough to regenerate ourselves.
“We will always have a good team but we can no longer say that we’re playing for a championship.”

:rolleyes

I don't see any contradiction. At the beginning of 10-11, he thought they could win it all, but didn't think they could the NEXT season. But when 11-12 rolled around, I'm sure he felt differently - especially since they reached the WCF.

Damn, do you hate the guy that much? You have to make an issue out of some piss-ant 5 year-old comment about the fact that the Big 3 is aging?

Brian Windhorst
04-27-2016, 12:07 AM
Kind of a weird article, as it's basically an aggregate of quotes from the last few months poised to look like he asked all of the players about these specific issues. All you would've had to do to write this article is watch about 20 player interviews on the team website, summed them up, and be named "David Aldridge".

ajh18
04-27-2016, 12:28 AM
Even with his play somewhat diminished (although I genuinely feel that's been exaggerated a bit), this article shows why losing Duncan next year would be such a hit to the team.

In addition to really struggling to find any player that could contribute what Tim does for $5M a year, his impact on the team's culture, his leadership and calming presence, and his knowledge of the system are irreplaceable. I think those calling for Tim to retire would be in for a rude awakening next year to see how different the team looks without him. At least give him another year to fully cement his approach with LMA and Kawhi, even if he's only a 20 mpg starter.

gospursgojas
04-27-2016, 12:38 AM
Meh same ol "flying under the radar" article that we read every year.

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 03:51 AM
I don't see any contradiction. At the beginning of 10-11, he thought they could win it all, but didn't think they could the NEXT season. But when 11-12 rolled around, I'm sure he felt differently - especially since they reached the WCF.
If he didn't make his RECENT comments about "I ALWAYS think we have a shot, EVERY YEAR" then there wouldn't be any contradiction. :wakeup (He's basically CONFIRMING that he's a frontrunner)

thiste
04-27-2016, 04:22 AM
If he didn't make his RECENT comments about "I ALWAYS think we have a shot, EVERY YEAR" then there wouldn't be any contradiction. :wakeup (He's basically CONFIRMING that he's a frontrunner)

And as someone pointed out, Pop said there was no way he'd still be a coach in 2016. Are you busting his balls for that as well?

Didn't think so.

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 04:36 AM
And as someone pointed out, Pop said there was no way he'd still be a coach in 2016. Are you busting his balls for that as well?

If Pop didn't have a point guard that he wanted to trade a couple of times maybe he would have been optimistic about the future.:wakeup

T Park
04-27-2016, 07:52 AM
If Pop didn't have a point guard that he wanted to trade a couple of times maybe he would have been optimistic about the future.:wakeup

Yeah just a hall of fame point guard, best point guard in franchise history, a point guard who avgs 15 a game while being the 4th option.

Yeah, what a fucking cement boot he is. Fucking idiot.

Keepin' it real
04-27-2016, 08:09 AM
Nothing we didn't already know.

Spurstalk standard reply.

FromWayDowntown
04-27-2016, 08:31 AM

Holy goodness. We've really devolved to this sort of crap -- parsing the words of a guy who is giving interviews in his second language to characterize him in some way that fits the narrative that you've chosen for him? Really?

Particularly when, after the 2011 playoffs, he (like virtually all of Spurs fandom) had no idea that they would be able to acquire the wing stopper they so badly needed in 2011 AND that the guy they would acquire would blossom into an MVP-type player and an absolute defensive monster AND that Boris Diaw's basketball IQ would suddenly become available for a song. Really?

I know the Parker hate is strong in many corners of this forum, but if that's the route you choose, there are plenty of reasons to criticize him. Electing to go back to something like that statement, and using it to broadly characterize Tony Parker is either petty or ridiculous -- probably both.

FromWayDowntown
04-27-2016, 08:46 AM
I like RC's articulation of the tipping point:

"We left [the FedEx Forum], in the series that we lost," Buford said Friday, "and I would have guessed that had Kawhi not joined this group, all of our narratives would have been different ... are Tim and Manu still playing? Is Pop still coaching? Our narrative could have been completely different. It's not that Danny, or Cory Joseph, or any of the guys haven't contributed to that. But Kawhi changed the equation. And at a position that we had a real need for."

It fits into the "we all know this" category, but it's interesting (to me) to hear RC acknowledge that point. There's a vulnerability in that -- a recognition that for all the acclaim RC and Pop get for the length of this run and the successes during it, there were real times when the whole thing was teetering on the brink of collapse. They saved it with a savvy move, and that's why they get the acclaim that they do.

cariocaz
04-27-2016, 08:52 AM
I like this quote from David West:

"It's not about individuals here," West said. "It's a group approach. It's that constant focus on the group. Nobody or no one person or one thing is bigger than the group focus and the group agenda. It's just kind of the way they do things. It's easy to buy in when you see the other guys who've got that pedigree, who've been around awhile, still allowing themselves to be coached and talked to. That's probably the most humbling thing, to watch these guys who have all the credentials in the world still are humble enough to accept criticism, accept coaching, and allow themselves to be pushed."

GSH
04-27-2016, 10:17 AM

So you take that to mean every year... in the future? C'mon, man, that's just petty.

If he has felt positive at the beginning of each season, he's being 100% honest with that comment. The fact that he can look forward and see a time where they won't be AS competitive? That's just honest. And if they get new talent (e.g. Kawhi, Boris, LMA, West, etc.) then I'm sure he would change his mind when the time came.

I don't know why you're saying that, but I can guess. Even you have to know that it's not fair. Give it a rest.

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 03:40 PM
Yeah just a hall of fame point guard, best point guard in franchise history, a point guard who avgs 15 a game while being the 4th option.

Yeah, what a fucking cement boot he is. Fucking idiot.

Fat Tony, is that you?:lol

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 03:42 PM
So you take that to mean every year... in the future? C'mon, man, that's just petty.

If he has felt positive at the beginning of each season, he's being 100% honest with that comment. The fact that he can look forward and see a time where they won't be AS competitive? That's just honest. And if they get new talent (e.g. Kawhi, Boris, LMA, West, etc.) then I'm sure he would change his mind when the time came.

I don't know why you're saying that, but I can guess. Even you have to know that it's not fair. Give it a rest.

So a team that won 60 games has no chance, when they lost in the first round b/c Manu got injured & Porker got locked up by Conley: http://www.48minutesofhell.com/on-the-disappearance-of-tony-parker

If it was Manu saying it then it would have merit but Porker after a shitty series?:rolleyes

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 03:48 PM
I know the Parker hate is strong in many corners of this forum, but if that's the route you choose, there are plenty of reasons to criticize him. Electing to go back to something like that statement, and using it to broadly characterize Tony Parker is either petty or ridiculous -- probably both.

Porker has proven himself to be a dude that talks out of his ass, didn't he recently say he was sure Pop wouldn't play the starters against the Worriers then backtracked when he was proven otherwise.:lol

If he didn't spew BS then I wouldn't even get on his case but dude just can't help himself.

tonight...you
04-27-2016, 03:57 PM
Porker has proven himself to be a dude that talks out of his ass, didn't he recently say he was sure Pop wouldn't play the starters against the Worriers then backtracked when he was proven otherwise.:lol

If he didn't spew BS then I wouldn't even get on his case but dude just can't help himself.
Does he hurt your feelings on the reg?
Parker has that kind of power over you?

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Does he hurt your feelings on the reg?
Parker has that kind of power over you?

Based on this thread, it's the Porkerstans that are fluttering their feathers & acting like an overtly protective parent.:lol

tonight...you
04-27-2016, 04:05 PM
Based on this thread, it's the Porkerstans that are fluttering their feathers & acting like an overtly protective parent.:lol
No argument. I'm just wondering why you're wasting your energy on this.

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 04:15 PM
No argument. I'm just wondering why you're wasting your energy on this.

I find it to be amusing when grown folks lose their shyt on a messageboard:lol

SAGirl
04-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Nothing new. A summary of recent interviews given by players, but I guess for the mainstream fans who do not check out spurs.com it's a nice article. :toast

urunobili
04-27-2016, 04:27 PM
Great article

tonight...you
04-27-2016, 04:38 PM
:bobo

Seventyniner
04-27-2016, 04:42 PM

Even when you're doing it yourself?

Spur|n|Austin
04-27-2016, 04:49 PM
One more ringgggg, come on!

tonight...you
04-27-2016, 04:58 PM
One more ringgggg, come on!
And maybe a few more later, but yeah!

thiste
04-27-2016, 05:11 PM

So basically you're admitting that you're just a troll :rolleyes

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 09:42 PM
So basically you're admitting that you're just a troll :rolleyes

So, you're admitting that you cried....:cry:baby:cry

Kawhitstorm
04-27-2016, 09:45 PM
Even when you're doing it yourself?

NOPE, I NEVER defend indefensible actions meanwhile Porkerstans will cry foul if participation trophies aren't handed out.:wakeup