PDA

View Full Version : OT: Skip Bayless leaving ESPN after the NBA Finals

Thebesteva
04-26-2016, 11:10 PM
RIP ESPN...first take is pretty much the only thing that network has going for it tbh...PTI is shit at this point and the network as a whole is garbage outside of highlights.

Rumor has it that Skip is going to FOX to star in his own TV show.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/04/espn-statement-about-skip-bayless/

Arcadian
04-26-2016, 11:20 PM
Spurs get #6, Timmy retires, and Skip leaves ESPN. Perfect.

Thebesteva
04-26-2016, 11:46 PM

Who knows...

Caltex2
04-27-2016, 03:37 AM
RIP ESPN...first take is pretty much the only thing that network has going for it tbh...PTI is shit at this point and the network as a whole is garbage outside of highlights.

Rumor has it that Skip is going to FOX to star in his own TV show.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/04/espn-statement-about-skip-bayless/

LOL, FT is probably the worst sports related show on TV and that's saying something. Exactly how many times can you talk about Kobe, Tony Romo, the Cowboys, LeBron, the Lakers, Cavs, Patriots and Tim Tebow?

The only thing left for ESPN is the 30-for-30 specials, which is just an updated SportsCentury.

Killakobe81
04-27-2016, 04:56 AM

Could be his drop the mic moment ... "my spurs beat your boy LeBron ...only way he could be happier is if Brady also gets his 4 games back and shouts out skip for having his back, they sign Tebow to be his backup Cowboys get Manziel to do the same for Romo and T.eam O.bliterator gets denied the HOF again ...

Killakobe81
04-27-2016, 04:57 AM
BTw, fuck Skip he is a cowboys fan but he sucks.

Caltex2
04-27-2016, 05:35 AM
He loves Tim Tebow more than Madden loved Brett Favre.

DMC
04-27-2016, 07:27 AM
In a world of "reality TV" the actual reality TV aspect is totally fake. First Take is nothing more than scripted nonsense to create sensational headlines, has very little to do with sports. ESPN these days is just a tabloid journalism website pretending to talk sports.

snickles
04-27-2016, 09:24 AM
people still watch ESPN?

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2016, 10:14 AM

Blah blah blah ....I started to create a new thread but exercised restraint...real issue here that we're ignoring is the sheer hypocrisy of the media when it comes to Tim Duncan , Kobe Bryant and their own personal agendas....

For a decade all we heard is how greedy Kobe is and how he should take a pay cut and how he should do whats right for the "team" (as if they were winning a title the last few years)...in contrast all we heard from the likes of Skip Bayless is how selfless Duncan is and how he took a pay cut and how he wants to win...you know all that cheap talk bullshit.....as I've suspected all along everyone telling Kobe to take the pay cut would NEVER do such a thing themselves....

Case in point when confronted with this delimma: :lol

SI.com reported Bayless (http://www.si.com/more-sports/2016/04/26/skip-bayless-espn-first-take-fox-sports) will be leaving the network and his lightning-rod “First Take” gig for Fox Sports 1 in a deal that will pay him between $5 million and $6 million per year.

“We want to thank Skip for his many contributions to ESPN. His hard work and talent have benefited ESPN for 12 years,” ESPN said in a statement. SI.com reported it is believed ESPN offered $4 million per year to stay.

So this asshole abandones his team his ship for another 1.5 mill per yr... What happened to take one for the team what happened to Stephen A. Smith being his brother from another mother....just as I suspected all along with these media assholes they all grandstand....do as I say Kobe....not as I do....if Tim Duncan is such the man to them then why not follow his broke ass example and take that fucking pay cut....its only 1.5 million more and you are already a millionaire....

Shameless liars is what these kinda of people are....Kobe did the right thing...he has 5 titles already why not take basically another 50 million that someone wants to give you...it sure beats the hell out of losing 27 million....and taking a pay cut the past 3 yrs to the tune of 30 million to play for peanuts.....in 3 yrs Tim Duncan through personal losses and taking one for the team is out of basically 60 million dollars...thats ridicoulous at the highest levels...dude needs to re-enroll to Wake Forest for 4 more years to learn basically math....

#yesiknowtimstillhasmoremoneythanmebutthatsnotthep oint. :lol

whitemamba
04-27-2016, 11:09 AM
:lol at people believing first take is real.

UZER
04-27-2016, 11:32 AM
I thought it was called Fake Take

Killakobe81
04-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Blah blah blah ....I started to create a new thread but exercised restraint...real issue here that we're ignoring is the sheer hypocrisy of the media when it comes to Tim Duncan , Kobe Bryant and their own personal agendas....

For a decade all we heard is how greedy Kobe is and how he should take a pay cut and how he should do whats right for the "team" (as if they were winning a title the last few years)...in contrast all we heard from the likes of Skip Bayless is how selfless Duncan is and how he took a pay cut and how he wants to win...you know all that cheap talk bullshit.....as I've suspected all along everyone telling Kobe to take the pay cut would NEVER do such a thing themselves....

So this asshole abandones his team his ship for another 1.5 mill per yr... What happened to take one for the team what happened to Stephen A. Smith being his brother from another mother....just as I suspected all along with these media assholes they all grandstand....do as I say Kobe....not as I do....if Tim Duncan is such the man to them then why not follow his broke ass example and take that fucking pay cut....its only 1.5 million more and you are already a millionaire....

Shameless liars is what these kinda of people are....Kobe did the right thing...he has 5 titles already why not take basically another 50 million that someone wants to give you...it sure beats the hell out of losing 27 million....and taking a pay cut the past 3 yrs to the tune of 30 million to play for peanuts.....in 3 yrs Tim Duncan through personal losses and taking one for the team is out of basically 60 million dollars...thats ridicoulous at the highest levels...dude needs to re-enroll to Wake Forest for 4 more years to learn basically math....

You went a long way to call Skip a hypocrite ... but you are right.
David west is actually the guys people should worship or mock for the paycut he took. He made less $ than Dirk, Duncan and obviously Kobe and he still let go a bunch of $ for the sake of winning ...

DMC
04-27-2016, 12:32 PM

From Kobe's perspective he did the right thing, but you're supposed to be a Lakers fan and for the Lakers he basically bent them over a barrel. Seems that's where you prefer to be since you worship Zed.

ambchang
04-27-2016, 01:02 PM

Wasn't aware ESPN has better prospects of winning a championship over Fox. Props to ESPN for their bright championships winning future.

StrengthAndHonor
04-27-2016, 01:13 PM
:lol at people believing first take is real.
This.

It's meant to sensationalized current sports topics to draw viewers.

Chris
04-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Highly Questionable is aight sometimes when I can't find anything else :lol