PDA

View Full Version : Article On Baseline Bums

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2016, 09:14 AM
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Baseline-Bums-leave-taunting-ways-at-Spurs-games-7375234.php

These guys are a fucking shell of themselves

Even the Coyote is no longer entertaining.....Tim Derk was the shit!

I. Hustle
04-27-2016, 09:29 AM
There will never be another Tim Derk. Even if he does train them, they can't bring what he did to games.

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2016, 09:50 AM
There will never be another Tim Derk. Even if he does train them, they can't bring what he did to games.

That's what sucks I told my 9 year old daughter that the Coyote would hang upside down from the rafters.... she wouldn't believe me if she saw it herself.

I hate team energy btw!!

I. Hustle
04-27-2016, 09:54 AM
That's what sucks I told my 9 year old daughter that the Coyote would hang upside down from the rafters.... she wouldn't believe me if she saw it herself.

I hate team energy btw!!

Those guys are SUPER annoying. Especially that black guy with the weird dyed hair. He is always watching the others dance with a smug look on his face and laughing at them. They all kind of look like that chick from Seinfeld to me. The way she danced.

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2016, 09:57 AM
Those guys are SUPER annoying. Especially that black guy with the weird dyed hair. He is always watching the others dance with a smug look on his face and laughing at them. They all kind of look like that chick from Seinfeld to me. The way she danced.

I wish Tim had a apprentice.....Spurs Big Homie dose alot of community stuff....puts the Coyote to shame

baseline bum
04-27-2016, 11:53 AM
They got this shit wrong:

When Chicago Bulls’ guard Quintin Dailey played in San Antonio in 1982 after pleading guilty to assaulting a nursing student, a female Bum wearing a nurse’s uniform ran onto the court. Two other Bums pretended to attack her .

I think that was Leon in drag in the nurse's uniform. :lol

Also this shit is sad

The Bums still exist, but they’ve abandoned their taunting ways. They now focus on community service, getting discounted season tickets in exchange for their time.

Spurtacular
04-27-2016, 12:36 PM
I never been to a Spurs home game; only seen em on the road a handful of times. This is news to me.

.G.
04-27-2016, 01:01 PM
In retrospect, I want to say that I remember a time when the Bums were basically Swerkski's Superfans 2.0--if for a brief moment in the early 90s.

Not even close to that now. Present day bums are mostly senior citizens from what I've seen. But whatever, saulgooodndahoodmang.

philldafunk
04-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Had no idea there was so much history, just thought they were a bunch of geriatrics that dressed goofy and had their own section.

tenbeersbold
04-27-2016, 05:51 PM
Ughh paywall link,anyone got a link I can read.
TIA

baseline bum
04-27-2016, 06:23 PM
Ughh paywall link,anyone got a link I can read.
TIA

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Baseline-Bums-leave-taunting-ways-at-Spurs-games-7375234.php?t=8186728347&cmpid=twitter-premium

baseline bum
04-27-2016, 06:31 PM

I hate team energy btw!!

That was amazing, I don't know how Tim did it in that big ass suit. I can't believe there is no video of that on the net.

tenbeersbold
04-28-2016, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the updated link,shame the article didn't go more indepth

baseline bum
04-28-2016, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the updated link,shame the article didn't go more indepth

There are some articles about the bums from back when they were interesting in this thread:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252866&highlight=valle

RIP George Valle :depressed

gospursgojas
04-28-2016, 01:04 AM
They all got old and kinda snobby with other fans.

Gervin44Silas13
04-28-2016, 06:36 AM
They all got old and kinda snobby with other fans.

they sure did ....I did a painting of the the Coyote shooting the finger with the five rings and a Baseline bum told me thats not what the Spurs are about...I said it's my painting I can do whatever I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gervin44Silas13
04-28-2016, 06:39 AM
That was amazing, I don't know how Tim did it in that big ass suit. I can't believe there is no video of that on the net.

He was awesome he would skate....jump on the trampoline and dunk the ball... I'm sure they have some video of it on old Spurs Televised games during the late 1980's- Mid 1990's)