PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Moreyball

djohn2oo8
04-27-2016, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by kingkingston View Post
Harden 6-8
Rest of the Rockets 2-21

Any real owner would can that piece of shit tonight.

djohn2oo8
04-27-2016, 10:29 PM
Cut Shaun Livingston because he doesn't take enough 3's

http://i.imgur.com/OWvLCsW.png

spursistan
04-27-2016, 10:30 PM
Getting destroyed by a Curry-less Warriors (basically swept) should really trigger a serious review of the whole direction of the team...i think they should blow it up including seeing what you can get for Harden..

jimbo
04-27-2016, 10:32 PM
team is filed with fucking losers now that i'm looking them up. None of their players other than Harden are even good. There's nothing really they can realistically get in free agency. Do they tank next year?

Whiteside probably isn't going there.

Derozan is an option maybe, but apparently Raptors fans aren't excited about his playoff performances...

Harrison Barnes is 3rd option at best. But he's a gutless worm, so he'd fit in with the Rockets.

They can't pair Harden with Mike Conley.

lol Chandler Parsons

lol Batum

Mitch
04-27-2016, 10:50 PM
He can score 100, he's still a lazy defender. The breeze from a mouse fart would contest a shot better than that iranian looking pos

StrengthAndHonor
04-27-2016, 10:59 PM
The best part is when Jason Terry guaranteed a win tonight lol

jimbo
04-27-2016, 11:16 PM
He can score 100, he's still a lazy defender. The breeze from a mouse fart would contest a shot better than that iranian looking pos

I didn't watch him, but wasn't it just last year that he actually defended well and was an MVP candidate?

DMC
04-27-2016, 11:23 PM
The rest of the team is mailing it in. It's like the 1st day of preseason, guys never met each other. At one point they had a shot of 4 Houston guys on the bench: Purple dreads faggot, JSmoove, Howard and Capela. That's like total IQ lower than Curry's 3pt made this season and that's spotting them 20pts . It was just fucking dumb. All you needed were shackles and an auctioneer.

sook
04-27-2016, 11:29 PM
5 effing years I've been saying it

5 freaking ....years.

This stupid idiot needs to GTFO asap

RsxPiimp
04-27-2016, 11:53 PM
analytics :lmao

lefty
04-28-2016, 12:08 AM
analytics :lmao

:lol today's NBA

spursistan
04-28-2016, 12:27 AM
your best player is cancer, tbh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChGfA-4UcAAOrBa.jpg

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2016, 12:33 AM
:lol today's NBA
:lmao worst era of basketball since....

http://youtu.be/HYVPPaJqEaI

Taking threes on fast breaks :lmao

lefty20
04-28-2016, 12:33 AM
The rest of the team is mailing it in. It's like the 1st day of preseason, guys never met each other. At one point they had a shot of 4 Houston guys on the bench: Purple dreads faggot, JSmoove, Howard and Capela. That's like total IQ lower than Curry's 3pt made this season and that's spotting them 20pts . It was just fucking dumb. All you needed were shackles and an auctioneer.

Savage

djohn2oo8
04-28-2016, 08:51 AM
your best player is cancer, tbh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChGfA-4UcAAOrBa.jpg

ESPN put out another article saying Howard rubbed everyone the wrong way. So who knows.

Koolaid_Man
04-28-2016, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by kingkingston View Post
Harden 6-8
Rest of the Rockets 2-21

Any real owner would can that piece of shit tonight.

Hey bro I know we've had our differences but man...thanks for last night......that was an amazing fuck of a game....I was paralyzed with extreme laughter at the Rockets....it could have been because I was high I don't know...but I hadn't laughed that fucking hard in years...my fucking stomach was cramping up due to laughter....missing dunks, running into each other, throwing ally oops out of bounds, Corey Brewer busting his ass because he slipped and fell....:lmao dude last night was pretty fucking good...

What a fucking comedy show...everyone looked like shit out there....and listening to Bernie Bickerstaff pleading for them to take it slow and take their time when they're down by 30....whenever I'm feeling down and need a good laugh...I'm pushing rewind tbh :lmao

DPG21920
04-28-2016, 11:27 AM
This team made the WCF last year. It's not about talent. There is so much stuff going on here behind the scenes it's crazy. This is a talented team, but when your two stars hate each other, people are lazy and there is no loyalty or leadership, this is what you get.

Harden actually played defense last year & the team bought in and you got a WCF appearance. Look at the contrast this year with his effort. These guys have egos and are mostly follow the leader cowards. When they see Harden mail it in on defense while taking all the shots, they mail it in.

Someone should have decked Harden early in the year in the locker room but it's too far gone now.

K...
04-28-2016, 11:55 AM
What was more pathetic? The Lakers getting sweeped by the Aaron Baynes led spurs, or rockets losing to the Raymond green warriors? Both teams had the same loser big man and a cancerous sg. Houston won one game but faced the weaker opponent.

Koolaid_Man
04-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Someone should have decked Harden early in the year in the locker room but it's too far gone now.

So now you're advocating violence against teammates?

DPG21920
04-28-2016, 12:28 PM
So now you're advocating violence against teammates?

Do you want to have a serious discussion about it or no?

Koolaid_Man
04-28-2016, 12:36 PM
Do you want to have a serious discussion about it or no?

Yes...go....

I'm sure If this was Kobe punching out a teammate your view would be different...or when MJ punched out Steve Kerr you ok with that?

A Spur fan advocating violence is pretty shocking...

djohn2oo8
04-28-2016, 12:36 PM
This team made the WCF last year. It's not about talent. There is so much stuff going on here behind the scenes it's crazy. This is a talented team, but when your two stars hate each other, people are lazy and there is no loyalty or leadership, this is what you get.

Harden actually played defense last year & the team bought in and you got a WCF appearance. Look at the contrast this year with his effort. These guys have egos and are mostly follow the leader cowards. When they see Harden mail it in on defense while taking all the shots, they mail it in.

Where is the talent you speak of? They made the WCF because Harden gave a shit and carried them to the 2 seed. Not because they had an insane amount of talent.

Koolaid_Man
04-28-2016, 12:38 PM
Where is the talent you speak of? They made the WCF because Harden gave a shit and carried them to the 2 seed. Not because they had an insane amount of talent.

It's a bad look to be defending Harden....its not a good look for you

djohn2oo8
04-28-2016, 12:44 PM
It's a bad look to be defending Harden....its not a good look for you
It's a serious question. Where is the talent? Answer it. It is known Harden is lazy. But when you say the team has talent, that a goddamn lie.

DPG21920
04-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Yes...go....

I'm sure If this was Kobe punching out a teammate your view would be different...or when MJ punched out Steve Kerr you ok with that?

A Spur fan advocating violence is pretty shocking...

If you have ever played sports you know sometimes it comes to that. I would not say I am an advocate of this, especially if the person is a good teammate.

Jordan doing it - he was an a hole. It wasn't to motivate Kerr, he was just a jerk. This would have been something drastic, but honestly something that probably needed to happen. Harden was supposed to be the leader and he didn't hold up his end of the deal.

Whether it was an actual punch or just a serious confrontation, someone should have stood up to Harden and let him know what he was doing is not ok. But it got too far away and there was no leader in that locker room.

DPG21920
04-28-2016, 12:46 PM
It's a serious question. Where is the talent? Answer it.

James definitely had to carry a burden last year, but so has Lebron and he does it over and over. Why the slippage this year from Harden from an effort perspective.

Harden and Dwight should be talented enough to be better than they were. Ariza has proven to be a solid role player. They aren't contenders, even last year (it was just a ridiculous run from Harden), but this year was a joke.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2016, 12:52 PM
James definitely had to carry a burden last year, but so has Lebron and he does it over and over. Why the slippage this year from Harden from an effort perspective.

Harden and Dwight should be talented enough to be better than they were. Ariza has proven to be a solid role player. They aren't contenders, even last year (it was just a ridiculous run from Harden), but this year was a joke.
Dwight fell off ALOT from last year. It was cringeworthy to watch. Ariza, yes he had his moments, he is pouty just like Harden and Howard. The slippage is from Harden disrespecting the game by not working out in the summer, along with the Kardashian bull, the shoe contract, and the biggest reason is he is still butthurt about Curry being MVP last year. He is no where near mature.

Killakobe81
04-28-2016, 12:52 PM
It's a serious question. Where is the talent? Answer it. It is known Harden is lazy. But when you say the team has talent, that a goddamn lie.

Hey djohn,

Real talk. What was JET referring to when he spoke about adversity and a lot of stuff going on with Harden? The Kardashian stuff or something else? No one begged Dwight to stay according to ESPN or even point to his contract negotiation as a distraction .. but they seemed to hint at stuff with Harden ...

And I know plenty blame Harden's shape to start season but shaq did that shit all the time after 2000 ... it doesnt take 8 months to get in shape ...and he played a great first half ...

and what did y'all do to my nicca the aRza?!

Killakobe81
04-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Looks like you answered some of that as I was posting ...but really? That was enough to destroy the team?

djohn2oo8
04-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Hey djohn,

Real talk. What was JET referring to when he spoke about adversity and a lot of stuff going on with Harden? The Kardashian stuff or something else? No one begged Dwight to stay according to SPN or even point to his contract but they seemed to hint at stuff with Harden ...

And I know plenty blame Harden's shape to start season but shaq did that shit all the time after 2000 ... it doesnt take 8 months to get in shape ...and he played a great first half ...

and what did y'all do to my nicca the aRza?!
I think the Kardashian stuff, along with the shoe contract really went to his head. At the same time, Dwight being passive aggressive about wanting the ball really rubbed some guys the wrong way. Both guys are at fault. And Ariza, Idk but he is a pouty guy as well. It started from training camp, everyone's approach was a carefree mentality. Losing to GS in the WCF really broke them.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Looks liek you answered some of that as I was posting ...but really? That was enough to destroy the team?
I think Lawson came in and made everything worse. But it really was just a lot of different things. After they lost to GS in the conference finals, the chemistry between Harden and Howard last year on the plane ride back was absolutely terrible. That carried over into this year.

spursistan
04-28-2016, 12:57 PM
I think their first priority should be coaching..JVG may look like past-it basketball-wise, but he would be the right person to alter the culture of the team....I'm not confident a Euro type or rookie HC can do it..Folks are bedazzled by Walton's 24-0 start and overall stand-in job, but then again look at what happened to Alvin Gentry when he left Steph/Draymond behind even while having supposedly generational star on his roster..

Killakobe81
04-28-2016, 12:59 PM
I think the Kardashian stuff, along with the shoe contract really went to his head. At the same time, Dwight being passive aggressive about wanting the ball really rubbed some guys the wrong way. Both guys are at fault. And Ariza, Idk but he is a pouty guy as well. It started from training camp, everyone's approach was a carefree mentality. Losing to GS in the WCF really broke them.

I wouldnt give up on Harden. He played D for Coach K and team USA and tried much harder last year. Get rid of Dwight and get a coach thatt focuses on defense ...surprised you guys didnt get Thibs ...tbh . Out of the "vet" teams you guys seemed like the perfect fit. Only thing is I dont think he would like Morey ...but he already coached there under JVG ...right?

djohn2oo8
04-28-2016, 01:01 PM
I wouldnt give up on Harden. H e played D for Coach K and team USA and tried much harder last year. Get rid of Dwight and get a coach taht focuses on defense ...surprised you guys didnt get Thibs ...tbh . Out of the "vet" teams you guys seemed liek the perfect fit. Only thing is I dont think he would like Morey ...
Thibs wanted full control. No way Morey was going to give that up. If I had a pick of guys I would want, it would be something like:

Kelvin Sampson - Was never afraid to single out James
Kevin Ollie
Jim Boylen
Ime Udoka
Luke Walton

Killakobe81
04-28-2016, 01:01 PM
I think their first priority should be coaching..JVG may look like past-it basketball-wise, but he would be the right person to alter the culture of the team....I'm not confident a Euro type or rookie HC can do it..Folks are bedazzled by Walton's 24-0 start and overall stand-in job, but then again look at what happened to Alvin Gentry when he left Steph/Draymond behind even while having supposedly generational star on his roster..

and he still loves Houston he overrates them every year tbh

djohn2oo8
04-28-2016, 01:03 PM
Don't be surprised if Dwight goes back to Orlando.

baseline bum
04-28-2016, 01:36 PM
They aren't contenders, even last year

Did anyone outside of Rocket fan think they were that good last year? They fluked into the WCF after the Spurs shit the bed in the first and Clippers blew the easy closeout game up 18 at home in the third when Brewer got hot and Harden watched from the bench.

baseline bum
04-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Don't be surprised if Dwight goes back to Orlando.

Why would they want his tired ass when they have Vucevic? Howard is lucky there are so many teams with capspace, otherwise I think he'd have a really hard time finding a $20 million a year deal. But some dumbass team like Portland, Indiana, Charlotte, or Washington will probably throw $25 million a year his way.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2016, 01:59 PM
Why would they want his tired ass when they have Vucevic? Howard is lucky there are so many teams with capspace, otherwise I think he'd have a really hard time finding a $20 million a year deal. But some dumbass team like Portland, Indiana, Charlotte, or Washington will probably throw $25 million a year his way.
Because they are dumb and will want to make a "splash".
Just don't rule it out.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Walton will get an interview, per Spears. On the other side...

baseline bum
04-28-2016, 02:33 PM
Walton will get an interview, per Spears. On the other side...

LOL Ranadive is the new Sterling.

baseline bum
04-28-2016, 02:34 PM
You mean Walton isn't interested in running the cherry picker defense?

Caltex2
04-28-2016, 05:41 PM
So true. Why couldn't they get Durant or Westbrook instead (rhetocial question)?

TD 21
04-28-2016, 06:20 PM

Bickerstaff never stood a chance and if he weren't "black", no one would be pretending that anything could be gleaned from his interim stint. This was a broken team and only a big name might have been able to get their attention.

Whether the roster is markedly improved or not, the new coach (probably Van Gundy, who's far more antiquated and far less successful than he's perceived as) will more than likely get a more cohesive, motivated one and when they show inevitable improvement, he'll get the majority of the credit.

Barring an absurd offer, I wouldn't trade Harden. For all of his flaws, he's still a top ten player, you still need one to even pretend to have a chance at a championship and the second one is traded, odds are that team won't find another one for years. Everybody wants the total package superstar (Duncan or Curry), but those are the rarest of commodities.

Caltex2
04-28-2016, 10:20 PM
Yeah, that's crazy, for as much as we criticize Harden and get frustrated by his lack effort at times, he still is among the best players in the league. Ideally, you'd like to keep Dwight because a big man like that is harder to find but that doesn't seem realistic and besides, he's over the hill.

offset formation
04-28-2016, 11:53 PM

Dead on.

djohn2oo8
04-29-2016, 05:47 AM
So true. Why couldn't they get Durant or Westbrook instead (rhetocial question)?

Durant is in the same boat as Harden. Both aren't leaders. Durant has Westbrook to do that.

spursistan
04-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Calvin WatkinsESPN Staff Writer

http://a.espncdn.com/i/columnists/watkins_calvin_m.jpg
Rockets GM Daryl Morey said unnamed NBA teams put out negative information about his team to hurt them in free agency. He downplayed the chemistry issues the Rockets had this season.

djohn2oo8
04-29-2016, 06:18 PM
Calvin WatkinsESPN Staff Writer

http://a.espncdn.com/i/columnists/watkins_calvin_m.jpg
Rockets GM Daryl Morey said unnamed NBA teams put out negative information about his team to hurt them in free agency. He downplayed the chemistry issues the Rockets had this season.

What a POS. Just own up to it and admit "Yes, chemistry was a problem"

spursistan
04-29-2016, 06:20 PM
^he is either bullshitting it because he is under fire or my guess would be probably a team/somebody like Cuban might leak stuff like this :lol

ambchang
04-30-2016, 07:26 AM
Reminds me of a much less talented version of the jail Blazers.

Biggems
04-30-2016, 06:48 PM
ESPN put out another article saying Howard rubbed everyone the wrong way. So who knows.

most NBA players don't like to be rubbed Michael Jackson style......Howard should have hit up McCauley Caulkin

DMC
04-30-2016, 06:57 PM
The Rockets always have one foot in the competition arena and one in the marketing arena, and no one is minding store for the competition side.

djohn2oo8
04-30-2016, 07:07 PM
The Rockets always have one foot in the competition arena and one in the marketing arena, and no one is minding store for the competition side.

http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif?noredirect

snickles
05-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Reminds me of a much less talented version of the jail Blazers.

i dunno man. i really enjoyed watching those Portland teams play. i didn't watch many rockets games this year before the playoffs.....but that GS series....that was some uuuuuuuuuuuugly stupid basketball there. it seemed like every time they found something that worked, they would go away from it.

spursistan
05-11-2017, 10:31 PM

CROFL..

midnightpulp
05-11-2017, 10:46 PM

CROFL..

:lol

Spurs are half-way from saving basketball. Now just gotta beat Wardellball.

Ain't counting on it, but damn, would it be sweet.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Warriors are the Barry Bonds version of the Rockets, tbh:lol better shooters, more balanced offense, way better superstars and an elite defense..terrifying..

ElNono
05-11-2017, 10:56 PM
:lol

Spurs are half-way from saving basketball. Now just gotta beat Wardellball.

Ain't counting on it, but damn, would it be sweet.

I thought Kawhi's offense was antiquated? :lol

midnightpulp
05-11-2017, 11:16 PM
I thought Kawhi's offense was antiquated? :lol

Check out his shot charts against Houston. Majority paint and 3s. So he's adjusted.

FkLA
05-12-2017, 12:00 AM
Check out his shot charts against Houston. Majority paint and 3s. So he's adjusted.

So hook shots and little push shots aren't antiquated? And pull-ups and fadeaways aren't either as long as they're in the paint area? Sorry, but I don't care what the shot charts say. He was far from a 3 and slash guy that you've been advocating so strongly for. He still relied heavily on his in-between game which is what you consider antiquated.

FkLA
05-12-2017, 12:26 AM
All "paint" shots but hardly the style you've been advocating for (Harden, IT, Westbrook, etc). He has a different game than them and always will. You were wrong then about how effective his type of game could be and you still are. Nothing has changed.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ouYfqViAxvuwM/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/SFKwjGYMxVvhu/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/fpic5CM9yQoGk/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/diEcUinRJfwVW/giphy.gif

midnightpulp
05-12-2017, 04:14 AM
All "paint" shots but hardly the style you've been advocating for (Harden, IT, Westbrook, etc). He has a different game than them and always will. You were wrong then about how effective his type of game could be and you still are. Nothing has changed.

Still much better shots than Kobe-style fadeaway 18 footers and 20 foot midrange pullups.

midnightpulp
05-12-2017, 04:32 AM

And see here, his attempt percentage from >16 foot (3 pointers aren't factored into this equation) has dropped from .211 in the regular season to .138 in the playoffs. 0-3 feet and 3-10 feet has increased as well.

Also, all called for more dribble-drives all year from him, and that's exactly what he's doing in your highlights.