PDA

View Full Version : Parker Ran the Show Beautifully Tonight

Robz4000
05-01-2016, 03:30 AM
Lot of love for LMA and Kawhi, as well as Green, but Parker had an amazing game as well. I give him a lot of shit, especially as of late, but tonight he was a huge part of the win with 12 assists, no turnovers, no forced shots, and commendable D. Keep this up and the team has a great shot.

SAGirl
05-01-2016, 03:43 AM
Credit to him. Underrated good game from him. :toast
I gave him credit elsewhere too.
I think next time to take away his passing they will have to scheme to make him a scorer, jumpshooter or get in passing lanes. He killed them tonight finding the open guy.

BillMc
05-01-2016, 03:46 AM
Agreed.

spursparker9
05-01-2016, 03:57 AM
He had a couple of good passes to Timmy

Mnky
05-01-2016, 04:17 AM
In the third he only had 2 shots. I'm happy with that. The results speak for themselves when he's looking to create over make shots. He did very well doing that tonight. He also rotated pretty good on defense. Great showing. Hope he buys into that role the rest of the postseason.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-01-2016, 04:17 AM
His man scored 0 points :lol

Mnky
05-01-2016, 04:20 AM
His man scored 0 points :lol

That's about that dudes average tbh. :lol

I liked what I saw from him on defense though. He showed more effort than he has in a long time.

freetiago
05-01-2016, 04:34 AM
He's going to have to play the opposite way after tonight. If OKC stops hard showing then he's going to be forced to score. They'll probably just guard Aldridge the same way the Spurs guard Nowitzski if their smart. Westbrook should be good enough to go over screens and contest midrange shots but hes a terrible defender despite his ability.

Holden_Caulfield
05-01-2016, 04:52 AM
im glad. i hope he keeps it up throughout the playoffs :toast

DAF86
05-01-2016, 05:02 AM
I would still like him showing he can hit shots though.

Spur|n|Austin
05-01-2016, 05:34 AM
+1

SouthernFried
05-01-2016, 07:15 AM
12 assists. Good stuff.

Helps LMA and the rest were actually hitting everything. But, Parker did look more active...and seemed to be looking to make assists. Keep it up.

tholdren
05-01-2016, 07:21 AM
12 assists. Good stuff.

Helps LMA and the rest were actually hitting everything. But, Parker did look more active...and seemed to be looking to make assists. Keep it up.

yes, but the difference from last night is that TP didnt CB his own player by taking a shot after LMA made a couple. Spurs kept the ball moving and let players get into the zone. This is something that TP and most fans don't get. Its not about necessarily getting a pt or an assist but keeping the offense in a rhythm, which is dictated by how fast you push the ball up the court, which side you start the offense on, things you don't see on the stat sheet. Sometimes its about staying out of someones way.

nice work from parker.

tmtcsc
05-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Not one flailing layup attempt where his shot gets blocked and he ends up something like this:

http://media.oregonlive.com/oregonian/photo/2012/04/-fc2291de67de6604.JPG

Obstructed_View
05-01-2016, 07:35 AM
I came in to post this morning and there was an unfinished pregame analysis on my computer. Here's all I got done before getting distracted.

Secure defensive boards
Score in the paint
Tony Parker passing

Brazil
05-01-2016, 09:19 AM
As I said multiple times... Parker is one of most unselfish player ever... He is getting tons of shit by his own fan base for mostly stuff off court but he is ready to take what opponents give him and sacrifice his own stats for the good of the team as he said he would do. Hats off tony

BillMc
05-01-2016, 09:35 AM
As I said multiple times... Parker is one of most unselfish player ever... He is getting tons of shit by his own fan base for mostly stuff off court but he is ready to take what opponents give him and sacrifice his own stats for the good of the team as he said he would do. Hats off tony

Tony is a hell of a player, the best point guard our team has ever had, and will go down as the winning-most PG of his generation. He's also the best b-ball player France has ever produced and arguably (behind Dirk) the second best European player ever. (Unless you count pre-NBA Sabonis).

He sacrifices a lot for the team. I'm always amazed how under appreciated he is on ST.

MultiTroll
05-01-2016, 09:35 AM
The results speak for themselves when he's looking to create over make shots... Hope he buys into that role the rest of the postseason.

Brazil
05-01-2016, 09:56 AM
Tony is a hell of a player, the best point guard our team has ever had, and will go down as the winning-most PG of his generation. He's also the best b-ball player France has ever produced and arguably (behind Dirk) the second best European player ever. (Unless you count pre-NBA Sabonis).

He sacrifices a lot for the team. I'm always amazed how under appreciated he is on ST.

:tu tbh...

Beaverfuzz
05-01-2016, 10:01 AM
No problem with his offensive output as he was there to run the game and help out on defense.

UZER
05-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Parker never went Kobe mode this game forcing shots. Couldn't have asked for a better PG performance. Hope it continues though. We'll see what happens when they start giving open jumpers.

T Park
05-01-2016, 10:36 AM

He's been unappreciated and shat on by this fan base since 2001. A hall of fame point guard, treated like the 10th guy on the end of the bench by a bunch of pocket protector wearing fucktards

DarrinS
05-01-2016, 10:40 AM
TP was great

cjw
05-01-2016, 11:17 AM

At the very least third behind Dirk and Pau. Let's not forget that he dragged Kobe to two championships :lol

But in all seriousness, he was the anti-Westbrook last night. Wasn't trying to force things that weren't there (RW went to hole over and over again into help D, as he made known in his comments last night). Will be interesting to see if OKC's attrocious PNR defenders can adjust.

will_spurs
05-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Last night the Spurs abused the pick n roll and Parker showed he was elite at running that, be it with LMA or Duncan. If Pop keeps on calling that kind of plays, and OKC keeps letting the big man wide open for a shot, Parker will keep getting a lot of assists.

All in all it shows that most of what happens on the court starts with Pop and his strategy. When asked to pass, Parker can certainly do it. That's also why I'm wary of comparing Spurs players with players on other teams, because Spurs players benefit from the system, but they are also limited by it (especially the top players of course).

Floyd Pacquiao
05-01-2016, 03:41 PM
He gets to hide on Roberson too. Perfect for him.

FkLA
05-01-2016, 03:52 PM

:rollin

spurs10
05-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Lot of love for LMA and Kawhi, as well as Green, but Parker had an amazing game as well. I give him a lot of shit, especially as of late, but tonight he was a huge part of the win with 12 assists, no turnovers, no forced shots, and commendable D. Keep this up and the team has a great shot. No doubt! He was making it happen. I've always counted 'assists' as 'points' in my mind. Great game TP!

spurs10
05-01-2016, 03:59 PM

He sacrifices a lot for the team. I'm always amazed how under appreciated he is on ST. Well said. He is headed for the HOF. Really loved his game last night!

dabom
05-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Should have passed the ball last year. tbh.

The Reckoning
05-01-2016, 04:12 PM
you mean spurs win when parker actually plays point guard?

Poolboy5623
05-01-2016, 05:00 PM
"He did well"
-Pop

SpursforSix
05-01-2016, 05:07 PM
you mean spurs win when parker actually plays point guard?

And this is exactly why they need to pick up a younger one at some point. Someone a little tougher on D. Not that Tony did bad. But gotta plan for the future and GSW in the coming years. Nice thing is that they don't need a superstar. Just someone that can play solid D and make some passes.