PDA

View Full Version : We didn't need Timmy last night

SpursforSix
05-01-2016, 05:04 PM
But I feel like he could do some damage this series if needed. Same with TP. He was great as a facilitator yesterday but if OKC changes their defensive scheme, he might have a lot of open looks on the short J.

GSH
05-01-2016, 05:11 PM
My biggest... disappointment? Concern? for this team right now is that Tim has been having real trouble finishing at the rim, if there's any contact at all.

But I've come to the realization that I will never rule out the possibility of Tim Duncan digging deep and coming up big. It doesn't even matter if it's logical. It's over when Tim says it's over. Until then, his next game is going to be his best of the season.

SpursforSix
05-01-2016, 05:16 PM
My biggest... disappointment? Concern? for this team right now is that Tim has been having real trouble finishing at the rim, if there's any contact at all.

But I've come to the realization that I will never rule out the possibility of Tim Duncan digging deep and coming up big. It doesn't even matter if it's logical. It's over when Tim says it's over. Until then, his next game is going to be his best of the season.

Well put. If he's in the game, I feel like he's always got the potential to take someone to school. At least using his footwork to get a decent shot up. The fire is still there but like you said...the finishing has dropped off. I suppose due to his knees and lack of lift. But he's still 7 feet and the smartest big in the game.

dabom
05-01-2016, 05:22 PM
He's not done. He just changed roles/resting. And it also is hard to be a scorer if you didn't get the reps during the regular season. This has nothing to do with him being done.

Mr. Body
05-01-2016, 05:34 PM
He's not going to be a big offensive producer again.

TheGreatYacht
05-01-2016, 05:47 PM
His presence near the rim might've been the biggest impact of the game. Chucks and KD missed makeable layups because of him

TD 21
05-01-2016, 05:55 PM
His presence near the rim might've been the biggest impact of the game. Chucks and KD missed makeable layups because of him

Yeah, plus his screening, passing and even though he's having trouble corralling rebounds because he almost literally can't jump at this point, he's still the best bet at preventing opposing bigs from rebounding.

Mugen
05-01-2016, 05:57 PM
:lol His rim protection at the rim last night was ridiculous.

BackHome
05-01-2016, 07:16 PM
If he can box out Adams and limit him to 3 rebound and if he scores around six pts a game then I am happy with that. One of the key things in beating OK is to limit rebounds and easy put backs which he did a great job last night..

honestfool84
05-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Lol. What game did you watch? Duncan was incredibly on D last night.

keeferob25
05-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Sorry OP, but you MUST be talking about on OFFENSE only. If so then I can agree. But his defense at the rim was a thing of beauty. Listen to Westbrook's post-game presser and he talks specifically about the help at the rim last night being a large part of why he had an off night. And he DAMN sure wasnt talking about Diaw or West lol.

Ocotillo
05-01-2016, 09:08 PM

This is the thing, just when I watch him struggle on the offensive side of the ball and think he is hanging it up after the season, I watch him on defense and think the still has a place here. Of course, for all he has done, he has a place here as long as he wants but I am curious how he feels about it.

Also, nice to see Bonner in street clothes yesterday.

hater
05-01-2016, 09:11 PM
He was pretty great. Can't expect more from the old man tbh

He stood his ground vs GOAT Adams. That's an amazing feat

apalisoc_9
05-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Awesome show from TD to deny the drive.

MI21
05-01-2016, 09:39 PM
TD was incredible last night.

Offensively, I feel much safer with him feeding the post than any of our guards tbh :lol so he is still valuable for that.

He finished a driving layup, had a nice reverse layup, had one post up where he missed but had a nice move against Adams... good game Timmy, tbh.

05-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Out of OKC, GS, and Cle, Duncan is needed most in this series :lol

Against GS and Cle small ball we'll probably see him a lot less, so we should appreciate him beasting out there while we can.

honestfool84
05-01-2016, 11:29 PM
^^^ I think we'll see Duncan if we meet up with Cleveland in The Finals... But you're right in that we probably won't see much of him against the Warriors.

Thomas82
05-02-2016, 12:19 AM

+1

100%duncan
05-02-2016, 12:58 AM
Tim is more on defense tbh. That rim protection with aldridge is still top 3-5 :lol

Gervin44Silas13
05-02-2016, 07:21 AM
LMA Has taken Tim's Spot as far as scoring....BUT never count out Old Man Riverwalk.....he always comes out big!

BillMc
05-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Lol. What game did you watch? Duncan was incredibly on D last night.

This

clambake
05-02-2016, 10:44 AM
this team is badass.

Poolboy5623
05-02-2016, 12:17 PM
For Duncan's sake, I just wish he could make a play on Offense, without falling down? Its not a good sign.

Chinook
05-02-2016, 12:29 PM
The issue is that there are huge parts of defense that he just can't do anymore. A low-IQ team like OKC won't exploit those, but the Warriors will and have. It's nice to have Duncan in a series like this one, but he's becoming hard to play a lot of the time. I'm just hoping he has 11 more wins in him.

T Park
05-02-2016, 01:29 PM

Exactly, he blocked a Westbrook layup, made so many alterations

No clue what anyone is saying when they say he didnt contribute. He was fantastic.