PDA

View Full Version : Ibaka grabs LMAs jersey on the final shot play

MultiTroll
05-02-2016, 11:19 PM
There is only one angle of it in slo mo.
After Patty misses, LMA gets the ball and in fast motion looks like he got stripped or??

No. See if one of you expert ST video guys (Laker Hater) can get it. Ibaka plain as day grabs LMAs jersey and holds him down. Grabs it hard.

Spurs9
05-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Who cares, refs werent going to give spurs any advantagw

Spurminator
05-02-2016, 11:20 PM
We could fill the front page with threads about each missed call on that last play.

MI21
05-02-2016, 11:22 PM
I was very disappointed that Kawhi didn't get on the ground and scream timeout on the last play, we had 1 :20 left if I remember correctly.

spurtech09
05-02-2016, 11:23 PM
What can you do the game is over......Time to move on and to get ready for game 3......

MultiTroll
05-03-2016, 04:41 AM
Mills said he had a "good look" at the three-pointer, even with Steven Adams running at him, and that tired legs did not contribute to the shot being short.
"I had no idea what was on the clock," Mills said, "because a lot of stuff happened in a short seven seconds or whatever we had."

LaMarcus Aldridge briefly secured the shot Mills missed before he lost it. In the rush for the ball, the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka is seen in a photograph of the play grabbing Aldridge’s jersey.
"He had a good chunk of my jersey," Aldridge said.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/refs-admit-missing-foul-on-thunder-in-wild-end/ar-BBsyxxh?ocid=spartandhp

spurraider21
05-03-2016, 04:43 AM
we lost. its fine

Mouth is Bleeding
05-03-2016, 05:18 AM
Refs lost more and more control of the game culminating in the end with almost countless of fouls not getting called one way or the other.

Spurs can at least defend with discipline so all in all I do think it favors the other team when you can get away with murder.

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned was OKC getting away with everything on the perimeter mauling our ball handlers.

There was so much contact and ultimately refs decide the game BY NOT, or in this case NEVER, blowing their whistle.

cutewizard
05-03-2016, 05:26 AM
Refs lost more and more control of the game culminating in the end with almost countless of fouls not getting called one way or the other.

Spurs can at least defend with discipline so all in all I do think it favors the other team when you can get away with murder.

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned was OKC getting away with everything on the perimeter mauling our ball handlers.

There was so much contact and ultimately refs decide the game BY NOT, or in this case NEVER, blowing their whistle.

--------------------------------------------------

agree with this

fuck the refs

MultiTroll
05-03-2016, 05:36 AM

True that.
CBS article by Zack Harper with lots of vid breaks down the final 13 seconds series of missed calls.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25575595/breakdown-everything-that-went-wrong-on-final-play-of-thunder-spurs

To the point of this thread, the jersey pull by Ibaka was egregious. Even for an end of gamer.

Also sick of seeing Adams be allowed to maul Duncan.

MultiTroll
05-03-2016, 06:05 AM
Courtesy BillMc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Chgp2LPUkAEiphE.jpg:large

MultiTroll
05-03-2016, 06:08 AM
^^ and I think LMA then gathers the ball and Ibaka jerks even harder, that is what causes LMA to seem glued to the floor and *lose* possession of the ball.

Not sure if this photo is before or after.
BillMc or anybody if you have additional photos, please bring it.

cjw
05-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Too bad there's no Joey Crawford to call in for game 3 to ease up the home meth cooking OKC usually gets. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the officials for that game call it a lot tighter on OKC. Spurs fouls really only come in transition with RW out of control or bigs going up for easy dunks.

DarrinS
05-03-2016, 08:22 AM
On to game 3

ceperez
05-03-2016, 08:29 AM
Spurs need to be in control of the game rather than having the refs blow their whistle.

Although I agree here that Thunder were overly physical in defense and getting away with it.