PDA

View Full Version : Patty missed a chance at recreating the Memorial Day Miracle

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 12:24 AM
The '99 Miracle happened in Gm 2 when the Blazers were trying to steal HCA after getting out to a fast start. Sean was able to shoot a rainbow over Sheed just like Adams was flying out at Patty.

7078gJ2aU38

If only Kawhi had taken the shot instead of that midget Patty:bang or if only Pop would have called a timeout to draw up a play for LMA.:bang

Keepin' it real
05-03-2016, 12:25 AM
It's Memorial Day???!!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

davidbowie
05-03-2016, 12:26 AM
i made this thread an hour ago and the mods merged it SMH

anyway i agree. ginobili served it up to him perfectly and he flubbed it lol

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 01:00 AM
ginobili served it up to him perfectly and he flubbed it lol

Marco would have HIT that shot!:bang

fpRS79L5TRs

Darius Bieber
05-03-2016, 01:02 AM
The '99 Miracle happened in Gm 2 when the Blazers were trying to steal HCA after getting out to a fast start. Sean was able to shoot a rainbow over Sheed just like Adams was flying out at Patty.

7078gJ2aU38

If only Kawhi had taken the shot instead of that midget Patty:bang or if only Pop would have called a timeout to draw up a play for LMA.:bang

God damn the Alamodome was lit back in the day.. Puts the AT&T Center to shame.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 01:06 AM
God damn the Alamodome was lit back in the day.. Puts the AT&T Center to shame.

A bunch of championship virgins like Meth City.:lol

MultiTroll
05-03-2016, 05:39 AM
If Patty would have faked the shot, Adams would have steamrolled right into him for 3 free throws.
Patty said he had no idea how much time was on the clock. That is disappointing.

Obstructed_View
05-03-2016, 06:52 AM
The Spurs were down two, so going for three at least makes sense. At the time I didn't think it was a good shot selection by Elliott, but he'd been hot and wanted the ball. Doesn't matter. Manu should have been shooting two free throws to tie or win.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 04:38 PM
If Patty would have faked the shot, Adams would have steamrolled right into him for 3 free throws.
Patty said he had no idea how much time was on the clock. That is disappointing.

Patty should have HIT that shot just like Danny did on this play::rolleyes

8VQzZ6dOxg0

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Doesn't matter. Manu should have been shooting two free throws to tie or win.

Remember this play where Manu should have gotten 2 FTs::rolleyes

7YIIAKZwY7o

Budkin
05-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Remember this play where Manu should have gotten 2 FTs::rolleyes

7YIIAKZwY7o

That fucking game. :bang

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Memorial Day Air ball is more like it

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Memorial Day Air ball is more like it

Has Patty ever made a game winning shot in those type of situations? I only remember him airballing a 3 after Monta Ellis turned the ball over in Gm 6 of the 2014 playoffs along w/ a couple of bricks in the regular season.

GSH
05-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Patty Mills is no Sean Elliott. He's a nice guy, and a Spur. But he's no Sean Elliott. Can't expect him to have Sean Elliott results.

And THAT right there is why they should have been mentally ready to call an automatic timeout when they stole the inbound. You have time to assess the clock, talk about second options, talk about boxing out, to maybe get a put-back on a miss. It was chaos in the heat of battle, because they didn't deal with it ahead of time. I know a lot of good posters disagree on this one, but that was the biggest mistake of that whole ending, IMO.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 06:14 PM
And THAT right there is why they should have been mentally ready to call an automatic timeout when they stole the inbound. You have time to assess the clock, talk about second options, talk about boxing out, to maybe get a put-back on a miss. It was chaos in the heat of battle, because they didn't deal with it ahead of time. I know a lot of good posters disagree on this one, but that was the biggest mistake of that whole ending, IMO.

Pop was trying to use chaos to his advantage but it blewup in his face b/c Patty panicked.

Beaverfuzz
05-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Not the best finish to a basketball game on either side. Shit happens, onto the Peake on Friday.

Obstructed_View
05-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Patty Mills is no Sean Elliott. He's a nice guy, and a Spur. But he's no Sean Elliott. Can't expect him to have Sean Elliott results.

Um, I love Sean and all, but the MDM was the only time Sean ever came up clutch in his entire career, and it was an ill-advised shot, falling out of bounds with a lot of time on the clock. The miracle was that he didn't step out of bounds, because if you think that was skill and not luck, you're a bigger homer than people accuse Sean of being.

skulls138
05-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Patty Mills looks unconfident out there. It wasnt the only shot he looked bad at. He had a rushed mid range fade away that missed badly also. Hes a wide open three point shooter not a creater. He can make layups and some remarkable shots under the basket but when it comes to jump shooting hes a spot up shooter only. If its not there fake, drive and kick or pass.

GSH
05-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Um, I love Sean and all, but the MDM was the only time Sean ever came up clutch in his entire career, and it was an ill-advised shot, falling out of bounds with a lot of time on the clock. The miracle was that he didn't step out of bounds, because if you think that was skill and not luck, you're a bigger homer than people accuse Sean of being.

LOL... Okay. Once is enough. :toast

pgardn
05-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Pump Fckn fake and Adams is in the stands, Patty has an easy jumper.
The Spurs work on this all the time. Watch them warm up. And it's drilled in practice.

jdelar03
05-03-2016, 09:35 PM
So shitty because I think that was one of the best passes Ginobli has made but because patty misses it will all be forgotten

Capt Bringdown
05-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Patty's miss will most likely echo through the ages. Unfortunately.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 11:27 PM

You mean the Marco special that used to irritate Chinook because it resulted in long 2s.:lol

MI21
05-03-2016, 11:32 PM
The Spurs work on this all the time. Watch them warm up. And it's drilled in practice.

Pump fake and stand there, either way he gets foul on the ground (2 FT's as OKC in penalty) or foul in act of shooting (3FT to make 2) and OKC with no timeouts.

Patty really fucked up.

99 Problems
05-03-2016, 11:39 PM
Has Patty ever made a game winning shot in those type of situations? I only remember him airballing a 3 after Monta Ellis turned the ball over in Gm 6 of the 2014 playoffs along w/ a couple of bricks in the regular season.

Nailed Russia on the buzzer at London.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 11:41 PM
Pump fake and stand there, either way he gets foul on the ground (2 FT's as OKC in penalty) or foul in act of shooting (3FT to make 2) and OKC with no timeouts.

Patty really fucked up.

Patty's jitteriness got to him, he isn't the type to be calm under pressure rather he rushes everything.

Nailed Russia on the buzzer at London.

FIBA doesn't count otherwise Carmelo would be the best player in the world.:lol

SpurPadre
05-04-2016, 12:24 AM
since we're talking Sean near-parallels, let me suggest Patty donate BOTH of his kidneys after that disatrous night for him.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-04-2016, 12:29 AM
Green, Pop, and Patty panicked so much there, it was quite embarrassing actually.

Sean Cagney
05-04-2016, 01:28 AM

I dont get why players dont do that more often when they have a guy flying at them off their feet?? Easy foul draw.

Gervin44Silas13
05-04-2016, 01:24 PM
FUCKING CALL TIME OUT!!!!!!

Sean Cagney
05-04-2016, 01:31 PM
FUCKING CALL TIME OUT!!!!!!
As soon as Green missed Patty streaking and made him slow up to catch it and the D recovered they should have called at TO immediately IMO. The sad thing is the Spurs set plays out of time outs make you scratch your head a lot of times and say that is what they drew up? So would they have had a better shot knowing that?