PDA

View Full Version : 4 Down..

coachmac87
05-03-2016, 09:07 AM
There's nothing OKC can do about LA. He should've dropped 50 last night..honestly Pop didn't call his number enough. Spurs gotta go this route until OKC does something to stop it.

Seemed to me Pop tried to go another route with side PNR and it contributed a slow start and an uphill battle that Spurs had a tough time overcoming.

TDomination
05-03-2016, 10:36 AM
exactly what i was thinking, i think when OKC went up 14-4 or something like that, Aldridge had only 1 or 2 shots. I mean man he was your hot hand in game 1 and they just simply couldn't stop him. Why go away from him.

BermudaSooner
05-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Guy can't continue to shoot 80%. He has been fantastic thus far tho.

Gervin44Silas13
05-03-2016, 10:48 AM
what the fuck was that harlem Globtroters passing....that fucken looked artocious

Crazymaddopeyo
05-03-2016, 10:53 AM
It's fine, Okc played the best they've played all season and still almost gave the game away. We played like shit and lost, we won't have another game like that and I doubt they keep up that play.

Crazymaddopeyo
05-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Also LMA doesn't need to shoot 80%, he just needs the ball.

jehawk81
05-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Would've gotten Ibaka into foul trouble too & changed the dynamics of the game in that perspective. So much fail by Pop/Spurs in going away from LMA smh

Budkin
05-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Pop really fucked up badly last night.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 08:28 PM
exactly what i was thinking, i think when OKC went up 14-4 or something like that, Aldridge had only 1 or 2 shots. I mean man he was your hot hand in game 1 and they just simply couldn't stop him. Why go away from him.

OKC ICED the side PnR by essentially preventing Tony from using the screen & using Ibaka to corral him which left Tim open (Adams stay glued to LMA) but Tim kept blowing layup after layup. If Tim could have made those point blank layups then OKC would have paid for using ICE defense & OKC wouldn't have gotten transition baskets.

Pop could have just called 4-down plays from the go & let LMA work 1-on-1 just like what he did against the Worriers but I don't think anyone expected Tim to blow 5-6 point blank layups.

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2016, 08:58 PM
It was inexcusable that they went away from it for so long in the 2nd half, tbh..

What's worrisome is OKC finally started leaving Parker on Aldridge's ISO plays in the middle of the 3rd..they continued to play him 1 on 1 when Mills was in the game, but went back to double Aldridge once Parker re-entered the game..

http://s32.postimg.org/5atim2tk4/pic1.jpg

http://s32.postimg.org/b5ozweyhv/pic3.jpg

http://s32.postimg.org/ar6pnic6b/pic4.jpg

I tried to freeze the pics at the most indicative moments, but it's easier to see if you watch the video of the 2nd half..

Slippy
05-03-2016, 09:37 PM
yah bad starts in the first and 3rd quarters had the spurs giving up comfortable leads to the thunder resulting in playing catch-up ball all game.

Strange that after a dominant first half LA hardly got a 4-down play during that 3rd quarter run from the thunder.

DMC
05-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Though Pop seems to want a changing of the guard, he still tries to get his old dogs going from time to time. He tried that last night to no avail. The Tony to Tim PnR was a goat rope. Later they tried to post Tim up, again.. nothing. Then Tony tried to do it himself, and got snuffed quite often.

We cannot win a championship with a one trick pony. If we could, Lebron would have won in Cleveland long ago. LMA shoots lights out and he slows the game down to his tempo while others around him are running the shooting the 3 like it's the fucking SSOL offense. All SA needs to do is keep LMA and KL going on offense with some cameos by Patty, Manu and Boris, and put a lock on Westbrook at the other end. Our scoring sprees mean nothing if he's running back at break-neck speed right through our slow ass transition defense and laying it up uncontested.

Sean Cagney
05-03-2016, 09:46 PM
yah bad starts in the first and 3rd quarters had the spurs giving up comfortable leads to the thunder resulting in playing catch-up ball all game.

Strange that after a dominant first half LA hardly got a 4-down play during that 3rd quarter run from the thunder.

Yep.