PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fate all depends on if Kawhi plays like a first team all NBA

hitmantb
05-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Durant is playing with a chip on his shoulder as he will most likely be second team all NBA, he clearly feels he is a tier above Kawhi and will go out of his way to prove it. Sort of like 95 Hakeem vs DRob.

In 2014 Spurs was headed toward Utah Jazz 98 sad ending, until Kawhi canceled out LeBron next three games.

In 15, Kawhi's poor play last three games of the series caused the first round exit.

GDP trio are just role players now. Aldridge more than delivered. Kawhi needs to cancel out Durant rest of the series, otherwise we are in deep trouble because no way Aldridge can keep this up.

As the marquee player, if Kawhi cancels out the production of Durant/Curry/LeBron, Spurs can beat all of these teams. He doesn't have to outperform them, just cancel out is enough.

If not, we just don't have enough firepower. GDP can still have good games. But they are at last, too old to carry the team.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Lol blaming kawhi for 2015 is idiotic when parker and mills were getting raped by cp3 and mills.

BillMc
05-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Lol blaming kawhi for 2015 is idiotic when parker and mills were getting raped by cp3 and mills.

Mills was getting raped by Mills?

ShinerBlack
05-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Yup Kawhi didnt show up in this game. You cant have you best player take off playoff games. Too many times, they got physical with him and he settled for a jumper when he needs to push back and bully his way inside.

BD24
05-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Mills was shit last night as well. Not just the last shot, but pretty much the entire time he was on the court. Sad that we don't really have a thrid pg we can use. I mean we have Andre Miller, but pretty sure he isn't the solution.

hitmantb
05-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Kawhi was billed as the marquee player, not Parker.

daslicer
05-03-2016, 12:16 PM

Can't make excuses for Kawhi's bad performances by putting the blame on others. A superstar will always play great regardless of the talent that's around him. Duncan always played at a high level even when he had crap around him circa '01-'02.

SpursFan86
05-03-2016, 12:17 PM

Blame can be put on more than one person you know. Just because Parker was a steaming pile of shit doesn't mean Kawhi gets a free pass for being non-existent in the last 3 games.

Besides, Parker and Mills are role players. Kawhi is the best player on this team. Role players underperforming isn't as big of a deal as the #1 guy on the team underperforming.

OP is right. With the way this team is offensively, we can't afford for Kawhi to have many more nights like the one he had last night. Pretty much everyone on the team besides LMA is wildly inconsistent, so Kawhi is the only other consistent source of offense. If we have a repeat of last year's series vs. the Clippers, we won't beat OKC.

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Kawhi-et playoff games, tbh...

LongtimeSpursFan
05-03-2016, 12:26 PM
It's sad. We haven't won a championship since the Spurs became a Kawhi-led team. Let's hope the Aldridge transition happens sooner than later

Horse
05-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Durant is playing with a chip on his shoulder as he will most likely be second team all NBA, he clearly feels he is a tier above Kawhi.

In 2014 Spurs was headed toward Utah Jazz 98 sad ending, until Kawhi canceled out LeBron next three games.

In 15, Kawhi's poor play last three games of the series caused the first round exit.

GDP trio are just role players now. Aldridge more than delivered. Kawhi needs to cancel out Durant rest of the series, otherwise we are in deep trouble because no way Aldridge can keep this up.

Needs more minutes

loveforthegame
05-03-2016, 12:42 PM
It's embarrassing for Leonard. The only superstar/wannabe superstar to have a bad game. Especially since he never bounces back from them.

SpursFan86
05-03-2016, 12:48 PM
It's embarrassing for Leonard. The only superstar/wannabe superstar to have a bad game. Especially since he never bounces back from them.

Not sure why you're getting defensive :lol OP is saying that Kawhi needs to show up for the rest of the series. We can't afford for him to do what he did in the last 3 games of last year's first round.

Game 5: 18 points on 5/16 shooting
Game 6: 12 points on 3/15 shooting
Game 7: 13 points on 5/13 shooting

Having one bad game is fine. But we need him to show up for the rest of the series if we want to advance.

T Park
05-03-2016, 12:50 PM

So you want the 14 year veteran whos on his last legs to get the blame, over the franchise small forward defensive player of the year max contract guy.

Absolutely brilliant.

T Park
05-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Mills was shit last night as well. Not just the last shot, but pretty much the entire time he was on the court. Sad that we don't really have a thrid pg we can use. I mean we have Andre Miller, but pretty sure he isn't the solution.

HIs offense was shit, but when he was in in that second quarter his defense on Payne was quite good.

Hope he can bounce back, when his shot is hitting, it opens up more things for Kawhi, West, and Aldridge even more.

T Park
05-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Needs more minutes

Dont get stupid reach in fouls on Andre Roberson and he'll get em.

T Park
05-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Not sure why you're getting defensive :lol OP is saying that Kawhi needs to show up for the rest of the series. We can't afford for him to do what he did in the last 3 games of last year's first round.

Having one bad game is fine. But we need him to show up for the rest of the series if we want to advance.

God that game 6 was just brutal. Just. Brutal.

loveforthegame
05-03-2016, 12:57 PM

I'm not defensive. It's embarrassing for him. 5 years in and we're still seeing these bad games. No other superstars go through this. It's what separates him from the rest.

SAGirl
05-03-2016, 01:13 PM
I think you have a good point OP.
I hope Kawhi bounces back from this past game. You are right that him playing like a star in 2014 finals last 3 games is what won us the championship and I hope he's hungry to come up big for another one. He has a bigger burden now bc as Pop said he now has to repeat performances like that night after night.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Mills was getting raped by Mills?

Rivers*

RD2191
05-03-2016, 01:24 PM
So you want the 14 year veteran whos on his last legs to get the blame, over the franchise small forward defensive player of the year max contract guy.

Absolutely brilliant.

He signed didn't he? He's still liable for what he does on the court especially as a starter.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm not defensive. It's embarrassing for him. 5 years in and we're still seeing these bad games. No other superstars go through this. It's what separates him from the rest.

Who are the rest and what do they have to show for it?

RD2191
05-03-2016, 01:26 PM

Who else showed up against the clips?

steeledl
05-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Kawhi was a let down last night..... We will need him to play at a higher level to win one in OKC. Spurs offense needs to run him off more screens and stop isolating him because he is having a hard time getting past defenders.

It's scary that we lost a home game in which LMA was so dominate.... We can't expect him to play that well every game. Patty looks like he may be useless this series and If he is playing poorly at home I don't anticipate him being a spark on the road.

daslicer
05-03-2016, 01:30 PM

Again you need to stop making excuses. A superstar shows up always regardless of the players that are around him. You didn't see Duncan laying eggs against the Lakers in '02 despite having crap around him.

BillMc
05-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Rivers*

I guessed that's who you meant. And you were right.

cd98
05-03-2016, 01:36 PM
I love Kawhi, and he's stepped up before on a bigger stage. But we need him to be a force like he was in game 1.

Budkin
05-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Yes, Kawhi needs to show up. Not sure WTF was wrong with him last night.

midnightpulp

Timmy. Had a great series overall. Not one bad game, IIRC.

RD2191
Again you need to stop making excuses. A superstar shows up always regardless of the players that are around him. You didn't see Duncan laying eggs against the Lakers in '02 despite having crap around him.

Did Duncan win in 02? Also TD was a number 1 pick. Kawhi has done pretty good for a 15th pick. And Kawhi was guarding 4 positions in that series because TP and Green were getting fucked on every possession. Did you even watch the series? That shit should of been over in 5 if anyone besides Kawhi and Tim had showed up.

keeferob25
05-03-2016, 01:38 PM
The "problem" with Kawhi is that much if not most of his super stardom is tied to the defensive end of his "two-way" elite-ism where all of the other superstars and most of them all historically have theirs tied to the offensive end, so there tends to be more consistency from the offensive end for those that are prolific offensively. Leonard is moreso a highly efficient, very good scorer but not a "great" one yet. So he tends to not be consistent offensively from game to game. But the other issue is just not Kawhi's fault at all. EVERY superstar over the last 20 years barring maybe 5 or so CONTROL THE BALL or have total license to from the moment it crosses half court. Or their offense is designed to give them high volume shots. Wade, Lebron, Kobe, PG13, CP3, KD, Westbrook, Cousins, Davis, R. Allen, Pierce, Dirk KG, Duncan, Manu etc going all the way back totally control the ball/offense or the offense in the case of bigs is designed to feed them heavily.

Leonard unfortunately and inexcusibly STILL has to wait and see if Pop or Parker is going to feed him or play a pointless two-man game or whether parker is going to dribble the air out of the ball. Leonard is oddly the only legit super star in forever that doesn't have that luxury. He's still enveloped under a "system" that doesn't offer him high volume or control. So its not totally his fault he isn't as consistent offensively as those other superstars.

DarrinS
05-03-2016, 01:39 PM
It's possible that he's not 100% healthy after that opening dunk in game 1

Proxy
05-03-2016, 01:42 PM
wait, so what you're telling us is that, it's important, for SA's best players to, play, good?

daslicer
05-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Did Duncan win in 02? Also TD was a number 1 pick. Kawhi has done pretty good for a 15th pick. And Kawhi was guarding 4 positions in that series because TP and Green were getting fucked on every possession. Did you even watch the series? That shit should of been over in 5 if anyone besides Kawhi and Tim had showed up.

No he didn't win but he did show up and went all out which is what a superstar does. Duncan didn't get criticized in '02 for the team losing because he put up big numbers and showed up. Win or lose a superstar is expecting to always have great games. If Kawhi wants to be called a superstar he's going to be held to that high standard.I can't recall prime Duncan having more than 2 bad games in a series ever regardless of the talent around him. You are making excuses again by bringing up Parker and Green's bad performances which should have no bearing on Kawhi having a bad game if he's truly a superstar. Green and Parker are role players and role players are going to be inconsistent but a Superstar is always consistent that's one of the differences between the two. I don't care that Kawhi was a 15th pick that's yesterdays news we are living in the present in which people have anointed him as a superstar especially this board. If Kawhi is truly is a superstar he will not have any more bad games for the rest of this series.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Kawhi's first 4 games in round 1against the Clips
G1: 7-12 fg 18 pts 4 stl
G2: 9-16 fg 23 pts 1stl 1 blk
G3: 13-18 fg 32 pts 2 blk 3 stl
G4: 10-19 fg 26 pts 5 ast 1 blk

Sure, he shit the bed the final 3 games but look at TPs, DGs and Tiago's numbers in the series. Series should of gone 5 or 6 max.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Duncan shot 9-30 in G1 of the 02 lakers series. Stupid fucking faggot. :lol just take the l son.

Rob123
05-03-2016, 02:15 PM
Look, the simple thing is, Kawhi can end all this with a monster game tomorrow.

If he doesn't put the team on his back and take us to a victory then it might be time to start questioning his ceiling.

Until then though every super star has had a bad game so far in the playoffs, some against way inferior competition so I wouldn't weigh too heavy on one bad performance. Two in a row might be a bit worrying though.

itzsoweezee
05-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Kawhi's getting zero calls. Popovich needs to man up and start speaking on this bullshit. Pathetic that Duncan's willing to go there and the coach isn't.

dabom
05-03-2016, 02:22 PM

If Pop stopped drinking wine before games. :lol

RD2191
05-03-2016, 02:22 PM
So Kawhi has to score 30 to be a superstar? Who decides what makes a superstar? What if he only scores 20 but has 4 steals and 3 blocks? Would you take Harden over Kawhi? Seems people are confusing being a great scorer with being a superstar? What have superstars KD and Westbrook done lately? What does the 4 time scoring champ have to show for it?

dabom
05-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Kawhi is the only fucking legit defender in this team. And he is tasked to also be it's best scorer. :lmao

dabom
05-03-2016, 02:28 PM
You ungrateful faggots. Kawhi is going beast mode but some of ya can't see past the scoring.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 02:31 PM
You ungrateful faggots. Kawhi is going beast mode but some of ya can't see past the scoring.

Mainstream fans only care about scoring tbh. Defense apparently doesn't matter. Not to mention his rebounding.

dabom
05-03-2016, 02:33 PM
His rebounding, steals, blocks, low turnovers, great defense... but 55TS%...

steeledl
05-03-2016, 02:43 PM
We also need to stop fucking switching screens and leaving LMA on an island vs Westbrook .

BillMc
05-03-2016, 02:43 PM
I would say our ultimate fate depends on finding a third consistent scorer. Pop knew it, its why he was so high on getting Kevin Martin (which hasn't really worked out). Who will it be? Parker? Green? Timmy? Manu? Patty? Boris? West?

peacemaker885
05-03-2016, 02:48 PM
Agree with this. Kawhi's the franchise. This is his team. He doesn't make excuses but he doesn't take ownership either.

daslicer
05-03-2016, 02:52 PM
Duncan shot 9-30 in G1 of the 02 lakers series. Stupid fucking faggot. :lol just take the l son.

:lol Again proving my point you are mentally retarded and lack reading comprehension skills. I know you have first grade reading skills but I will repeat it again "I can't recall prime Duncan having more than 2 bad games in a series ever regardless of the talent around him." Offensively Duncan only had 2 bad games which was game 1 and game 3. In response to those bad games he bounced back in game 2 and 4 with great scoring games and followed it up with a dominant game 5. 3 out of 5 games Duncan was great offensively and in every game Duncan was awesome defensively. Kawhi last year wasn't even great defensively against the Clippers in those final 3 games that was evident especially in game 7 when Barnes lit up. I like Kawhi I want him to succeed but he has to prove to me can bounce back like Duncan was able to do back in the day.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Lol. Just admit you shit on your own arguement. Pathetic faggot.

daslicer
05-03-2016, 03:00 PM
So Kawhi has to score 30 to be a superstar? Who decides what makes a superstar? What if he only scores 20 but has 4 steals and 3 blocks? Would you take Harden over Kawhi? Seems people are confusing being a great scorer with being a superstar? What have superstars KD and Westbrook done lately? What does the 4 time scoring champ have to show for it?

He certainly had a Westbrook/Harden like game last night with his 38 percent shooting. Harden and Westbrook are chuckers I have never respected those type of players.I would like to see Kawhi be offensively efficient like Lebron, and prime Wade.

daslicer
05-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Lol. Just admit you shit on your own arguement. Pathetic faggot.

:lol Shocker you have no counter response proving my point you have the IQ of a first grader.

kaji157
05-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Say what you want to defend Kawhi, but he is the Spurs that failed the most in important games, behind maybe only to Parker and at this point i am not so sure Parker failed like this in his prime.

During 2014 first two games Kawhi wasnīt spectacular, in 2015 he was shit, having no one important to defend and having no great defenders on the other side could not make the difference. And tonight he was the most hurtfull underperformer of all, because he took a lot of shots, a lot of bad shots, and two very bad shots to end the game.

Pretty simple.

You can shit on Duncan but he is 40 years old, same for Ginobili, and Parker has been useless for two years now, so not blaming them, Parker could be partially blamed but he is not expected to be 2013 Parker.

Kawhi ond the other hand should produce similar to Aldridge, and other than his defense on the second half, he failed both ends, and the most preocupating thing is that he looked scared and unconfident, very doubtfull at times.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Blame can be put on more than one person you know. Just because Parker was a steaming pile of shit doesn't mean Kawhi gets a free pass for being non-existent in the last 3 games.

Kawhi struggles against the Clippers had to do w/ the DOUBLING him after he destroyed 'em in Gm 3/4 at STAPLES. Diaw couldn't make an outside shot so Blake essentially was shadowing Kawhi when he caught the ball.
L.A. coach Doc Rivers sent a double-team at Leonard almost every time he touched the ball on the block.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 03:20 PM
:lol Shocker you have no counter response proving my point you have the IQ of a first grader.
"I don't recall Duncan having 2 bad games"
"Duncan had a bad games 1 and 3"
Yeah, you must be a member of mensa.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Kawhi struggles against the Clippers had to do w/ the DOUBLING him after he destroyed 'em in Gm 3/4 at STAPLES. Diaw couldn't make an outside shot so Blake essentially was shadowing Kawhi when he caught the ball.
Facts don't matter to these guys.

dabom
05-03-2016, 03:24 PM
He certainly had a Westbrook/Harden like game last night with his 38 percent shooting. Harden and Westbrook are chuckers I have never respected those type of players.I would like to see Kawhi be offensively efficient like Lebron, and prime Wade.

Except he also defends like prime Duncan. Faggot. :lmao

RD2191
05-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Say what you want to defend Kawhi, but he is the Spurs that failed the most in important games, behind maybe only to Parker and at this point i am not so sure Parker failed like this in his prime.

During 2014 first two games Kawhi wasnīt spectacular, in 2015 he was shit, having no one important to defend and having no great defenders on the other side could not make the difference. And tonight he was the most hurtfull underperformer of all, because he took a lot of shots, a lot of bad shots, and two very bad shots to end the game.

Pretty simple.

You can shit on Duncan but he is 40 years old, same for Ginobili, and Parker has been useless for two years now, so not blaming them, Parker could be partially blamed but he is not expected to be 2013 Parker.

Kawhi ond the other hand should produce similar to Aldridge, and other than his defense on the second half, he failed both ends, and the most preocupating thing is that he looked scared and unconfident, very doubtfull at times.

Lol stfu faggot. I'll find you and kick your stupid ass .

daslicer
05-03-2016, 03:27 PM
"I don't recall Duncan having 2 bad games"
"Duncan had a bad games 1 and 3"
Yeah, you must be a member of mensa.

:lol I said this "I can't recall prime Duncan having more than 2 bad games in a series ever regardless of the talent around him." I need to apologize for saying you had the IQ of a first grader thats insulting it's probably not even in the pre-school range.

daslicer
05-03-2016, 03:29 PM
No he didn't win but he did show up and went all out which is what a superstar does. Duncan didn't get criticized in '02 for the team losing because he put up big numbers and showed up. Win or lose a superstar is expecting to always have great games. If Kawhi wants to be called a superstar he's going to be held to that high standard.I can't recall prime Duncan having more than 2 bad games in a series ever regardless of the talent around him. You are making excuses again by bringing up Parker and Green's bad performances which should have no bearing on Kawhi having a bad game if he's truly a superstar. Green and Parker are role players and role players are going to be inconsistent but a Superstar is always consistent that's one of the differences between the two. I don't care that Kawhi was a 15th pick that's yesterdays news we are living in the present in which people have anointed him as a superstar especially this board. If Kawhi is truly is a superstar he will not have any more bad games for the rest of this series.

:lol RD it's amazing how you are that retarded you have to make up lies to cover up your stupidity.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 03:29 PM
They musta forgot that WestBrick didn't score a single basket against Kawhi last night::wakeup
lV9LRdSLHeQ

daslicer
05-03-2016, 03:30 PM

Right I wonder if a scrub went off against Prime Duncan like Barnes did against Kawhi? Goofball can you look that up for me.

dabom
05-03-2016, 03:31 PM
They musta forgot that WestBrick didn't score a single basket against Kawhi last night::wakeup
lV9LRdSLHeQ

Everyone is scared shitless of Kawhi. Low IQ vanilla mainstream media posters don't know shit TBH. :lol

dabom
05-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Right I wonder if a scrub went off against Prime Duncan like Barnes did against Kawhi? Goofball can you look that up for me.

He averaged like 6ppg both series :lmao and got cut from the team. What are you talking about? :lmao

RD2191
05-03-2016, 03:34 PM
:lol RD it's amazing how you are that retarded you have to make up lies to cover up your stupidity.

I didn't read your idiotic wall of text. And 1 more bad game in a series makes Kawhi a scrub? Come on son.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 03:35 PM
He averaged like 6ppg both series :lmao and got cut from the team. What are you talking about? :lmao

Go easy on him, he rode the short bus to school.

daslicer
05-03-2016, 03:36 PM

:lol Retard I'm talking about this game http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201505020LAC.html. Prime Duncan would never allow a scrub to go off like that in a crucial playoff game.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Matt Barnes was so good against Kawhi that they traded him!

RD2191
05-03-2016, 03:37 PM
:lol Retard I'm talking about this game http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201505020LAC.html. Prime Duncan would never allow a scrub to go off like that in a crucial playoff game.

So 1 game? Lol

dabom
05-03-2016, 03:37 PM

So he went off one game out of 11. Shit happens . Even to Duncan. He probably averaged 4ppg if you take that one game off. :lmao

daslicer
05-03-2016, 03:39 PM
I didn't read your idiotic wall of text. And 1 more bad game in a series makes Kawhi a scrub? Come on son.

Again you proving you have terrible reading comprehension skills. I feel like I'm talking to handicapped person. I'm going to post this quote again since you are intellectually disabled "I can't recall prime Duncan having more than 2 bad games in a series ever regardless of the talent around him." So if Kawhi has 2 more crap games in this series I'm going to call him choke artist because he deserves to be called that.

daslicer
05-03-2016, 03:40 PM
So he went off one game out of 11. Shit happens . Even to Duncan. He probably averaged 4ppg if you take that one game off. :lmao

It never happened to Duncan in his prime that's the point.

dabom
05-03-2016, 03:44 PM
It never happened to Duncan in his prime that's the point.

I'm not going to look shit up. He held the guy to 6ppg. You completely ignore the other 10 fucking games to make your "argument". :lmao

Every game is important you little bitch. Game 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. :lmao

itsamanuthree
05-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Retarded thread

RD2191
05-03-2016, 03:47 PM
I'm not going to look shit up. He held the guy to 6ppg. You completely ignore the other 10 fucking games to make your "argument". :lmao

Every game is important you little bitch. Game 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. :lmao

:lol

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Every game is important. Game 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. :lmao

Agreed. Kawhi-et performances in Games 5,6,7

05-03-2016, 03:58 PM

Agreed. Kawhi-et performances in Games 5,6,7
Damn. Grim business.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Yup Kawhi didnt show up in this game. You cant have you best player take off playoff games. Too many times, they got physical with him and he settled for a jumper when he needs to push back and bully his way inside.

He showed up on defense but his jumper was broken. I knew Kawhi's shot was off when he missed both his FTs, he got in a groove in the 2nd quarter but Pop benched him at the 6 minute mark which didn't help especially since WB was getting to the paint at will when Kawhi was off the floor.

He should have driven to the rack in the 2nd half when his shots weren't falling but he kept setting for jumpers & was putting on a brick show along w/ Patty in the 4th quarter.

05-03-2016, 03:59 PM
This is LaMarcus' team and its not even close. If only he had some help maybe we'd be up 2-0.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 04:02 PM

Tim had a similar performance in 2002 against the Lakers & missed FTs in the Finals against the Pistons but they get a pass b/c they were getting doubled along w/ not being elite FT shooters. Besides, Kawhi missed one FT & shot 3/4 at the line which is 75% aka his season average.

05-03-2016, 04:02 PM
They make an impact. Kawhi was a no show last night, stop deflecting.

05-03-2016, 04:06 PM
He should have driven to the rack in the 2nd half when his shots weren't falling but he kept setting for jumpers & was putting on a brick show along w/ Patty in the 4th quarter.
Yeah, but it's unrealistic to expect this of him when he never does that when his jumper is off. He just keeps shooting them. He had fucking Dion Waiters guarding him and couldn't take him off the dribble. Kawhi needs to be in the gym all summer working on the handle.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 04:06 PM
This is LaMarcus' team and its not even close. If only he had some help maybe we'd be up 2-0.

LMA dominated on offense but he got lit up light a Christmas light by WB/Ibaka on the PnRs, meanwhile WB didn't score a single basket against Kawhi.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Yeah, but it's unrealistic to expect this of him when he never does that when his jumper is off. He just keeps shooting them. He had fucking Dion Waiters guarding him and couldn't take him off the dribble. Kawhi needs to be in the gym all summer working on the handle.

He could attack the rim via dribble hand-offs from LMA (ala the Manu/Tim two-man game) but Pop simply refuses to run a two-man game w/ LMA/Kawhi.

05-03-2016, 04:14 PM
LMA dominated on offense but he got lit up light a Christmas light by WB/Ibaka on the PnRs, meanwhile WB didn't score a single basket against Kawhi.
Because Kawhi kept switching and leaving LMA on an island against Westbrook. Not only does Kawhi not show up on offense but he leaves his man LMA hanging on the other end too, sad :rolleyes

05-03-2016, 04:17 PM
He could attack the rim via dribble hand-offs from LMA (ala the Manu/Tim two-man game) but Pop simply refuses to run a two-man game w/ LMA/Kawhi.
This I agree with. The couple times they went to it in the mid post area, they had good success. They do it at the three point line, but it's less effective out there imo

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Because Kawhi kept switching and leaving LMA on an island against Westbrook. Not only does Kawhi not show up on offense but he leaves his man LMA hanging on the other end too, sad :rolleyes

That was Pop calling the switches b/c LMA couldn't recover to challenge Ibaka's shots when OKC ran the WB/Ibaka PnR (Ibaka hit a couple of uncontested jumpers to start the 3rd)

The correct defense would have been to have Tony rotate off Roberson & deny the pass to Ibaka since you rather have Roberson taking jumpers than either Ibaka/WB. Otherwise, LMA has to play off WB which gives him plenty off room/time to put up an uncontested jumper.

Sean Cagney
05-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Patty and Belli pretty much did but few others. Tim was steady as well. Kawhi in those first 4 games looked like a superstar and then hit that funk and never got out of it. That series just was one big mess and it was not their year.

SAGirl
05-03-2016, 05:39 PM
That was Pop calling the switches b/c LMA couldn't recover to challenge Ibaka's shots when OKC ran the WB/Ibaka PnR (Ibaka hit a couple of uncontested jumpers to start the 3rd)

The correct defense would have been to have Tony rotate off Roberson & deny the pass to Ibaka since you rather have Roberson taking jumpers than either Ibaka/WB. Otherwise, LMA has to play off WB which gives him plenty off room/time to put up an uncontested jumper.
Pop has to take Roberson out of the series bringing help off him.

TD 21
05-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Despite the hype, if you're looking for him to resemble Curry, James, Durant or whatever other typical superstar offensive player, you're going to be disappointed. What separates them from him is, when their shot is not falling, they can still get to the line consistently and/or create numerous good looks for their teammates.

As much as we hear about the Spurs benefiting from him, he benefited from them, because the personnel and (previous) style of play mostly covered this up. He's better than George no matter the context, but if you put him in that situation, I suspect the perception of him would be different.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Pop has to take Roberson out of the series bringing help off him.

If Manu was playing PG & helping off Roberson he would have been able to cause chaos rather than Tony who is essentially useless as a help defender.

Big Dog
05-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Kevin Duralpha went IN on Kawhiscrub

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Kawhi was horrible down the stretch, but he has a near 33 PER, 65% TS and by far the best on/off numbers for the Spurs, so far..

The unfortunate reality is that OP is correct, the Spurs have become way too top-heavy..Aldridge and Leonard are both putting up ridiculous numbers in the playoffs, so far, with very little support..if Kawhi doesn't play like a star, let alone struggles like he did in game 2, they don't have a chance in most games vs. decent competition..

The only supporting players that have showed up in the playoffs have been Manu and Green, tbh..

loveforthegame
05-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Who are the rest and what do they have to show for it?

I'm being sarcastic and not defensive like the other poster suggested.

I think everyone agrees Leonard has to be consistent. Something he showed through the entire season and in the playoffs up until last night. One bad game and it obviously means 2013 and 2015 again. It can't possibly be different this time.

Leonard isn't the typical superstar. He wasn't billed one coming into the league. He's not a natural scorer like others. I think someone (midnight maybe?) used overachiever. IMO Leonard has not only surpassed every expectation he's sorta defining what a new version of superstar means. The fact he's even forced his name into that discussion is remarkable. To think he's not going to make mistakes while he continues to figure out all the responsibilities a superstar carries is somewhat naive.

I'm not saying he should be held to different standards but to assume he should be following the same footsteps of superstars before him doesn't really apply either.

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2016, 09:20 PM
The only supporting players that have showed up in the playoffs have been Manu and Green, tbh..

The issue is that Diaw is unplayable against OKC b/c he a terrible rebounder thus he's essentially out of the rotation ala Marco in 2014. Against the Worriers, Diaw would be playing 30 minutes a game.

One thing Donvan is better at than Scott Brooks is that he isn't overplaying KD at the 4 along w/ taking the scrubs out of the rotation (Singler/Foye/Collison) except for Roberson. I just looked up the offensive ratings for Gm 2 & Roberson had an ORtg of 19 in 24 minutes after recording an ORtg of ZERO in Gm 1. :lmao

Mikeanaro
05-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Kawhi is a really versatile player, he can play like an all time great or like an all time retard thats awesome.

T Park
05-04-2016, 01:45 AM
He signed didn't he? He's still liable for what he does on the court especially as a starter.

Wanna try that in English?

Agloco
05-04-2016, 08:05 AM

You're missing the point. Had Kawhi performed like Duncan did in the past, win or lose, there would be no need for this thread.

Kawhi does have a tendency to shrink at times. It will happen to everyone, but the fact that he has a history of being taken out of a series as a primary option is troubling.

YGWHI
05-04-2016, 08:24 AM
in 2015 he was shit

He was shit in the last two games, not the whole series. In fact, until those last games, he was best player of the series.

Kawhi ond the other hand should produce similar to Aldridge
And he did it. Hhe produced a lot more than LMA in the Memphis series, and the same than him in game 1.

So if you want to say he played a bad game 2, horrible game 2, it's OK, because that's the truth. But you can't say he's the Spurs that failed most in playoffs. He's FMPV and has elevated his game in more than "one" playoffs game.

He wasn't the first young "main guy" on a team who had shitty playoffs games. Do I need to post LeBron numbers of 2011 Finals or Dirk stats in some games of the series against Warriors? The list or superstars is extensive...

YGWHI
05-04-2016, 08:32 AM
he has a history of being taken out of a series as a primary option is troubling.
A history?:lol

Just last games against Clippers.

It's funny because, he has a great 1st round series this year, dominated in game 1 against OKC, played bad in just one game and suddenly...he's a choker like Harden.

YGWHI
05-04-2016, 08:37 AM
I think everyone agrees Leonard has to be consistent. Something he showed through the entire season and in the playoffs up until last night. One bad game and it obviously means 2013 and 2015 again. It can't possibly be different this time.

Like he wasn't playing great in 2013. It just was Tim and Kawhi in the last two games. And he was the reason why the Spurs had a chance against Heat/LeBron in 2013 and 2014 Finals.

YGWHI
05-04-2016, 08:44 AM
If not, we just don't have enough firepower

Agree with this.

Kawhi's the Spurs best player, and this team can't win with him having a bad night. Even with a LMA monster/historic game this team couldn't win game 2.

That's tell us about the importance of Kawhi on this team.

Hope he can find his rhythm in next road games or... the Spurs are fucked.

kaji157
05-04-2016, 09:55 AM
He was shit in the last two games, not the whole series. In fact, until those last games, he was best player of the series.

And he did it. Hhe produced a lot more than LMA in the Memphis series, and the same than him in game 1.

So if you want to say he played a bad game 2, horrible game 2, it's OK, because that's the truth. But you can't say he's the Spurs that failed most in playoffs. He's FMPV and has elevated his game in more than "one" playoffs game.

He wasn't the first young "main guy" on a team who had shitty playoffs games. Do I need to post LeBron numbers of 2011 Finals or Dirk stats in some games of the series against Warriors? The list or superstars is extensive...

Iīm sorry but i meant failed the most in important playoff games.
And is truth, he played 3 out of 5 games against the Heat and still got FMVP.
He disappeared in the two most important games against LAC (Home and Away).
He was scared and confused yesterday.
Primary option should go to aldridge and make leonard occasional scorer, not primary, unless he shows hecan be as consistent as any of the big 3 in their prime, which Aldridge can.

kaji157
05-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Lol stfu faggot. I'll find you and kick your stupid ass .

With that face you might be kicking your own ass.

BillMc
05-04-2016, 10:03 AM
I'll say again Kawhi will bring it, LMA will bring it, if ANYONE ELSE ON THE ROSTER, brings it (in Game 1 this was Danny) we're almost impossible to beat, especially with our defense. Danny, Boris, West, any of the Big 3, Patty, someone step up and we're gold.

5-1 in the playoffs, and our one loss was by 1 point. No reason to go to pieces. Team will show us on Friday.

Ice009
05-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Can't make excuses for Kawhi's bad performances by putting the blame on others. A superstar will always play great regardless of the talent that's around him. Duncan always played at a high level even when he had crap around him circa '01-'02.

Yep, and Duncan always took the blame. I remember times when he had 30 points 15 boards and then after the game he said it was his fault. I was like, Tim, your teammates freaking sucked, it was in no way your fault, you did all that you could. That's a true leader. I have yet to see Kawhi take the blame for anything.

Kawhitstorm
05-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Agree with this.

Kawhi's the Spurs best player, and this team can't win with him having a bad night. Even with a LMA monster/historic game this team couldn't win game 2.

That's tell us about the importance of Kawhi on this team.

Hope he can find his rhythm in next road games or... the Spurs are fucked.

It's like the Heat in the 2011 Finals who lost despite Wade being the best player in the series (until he got injured in Gm 5) since LeChoke came up small.:lol

daslicer
05-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Yep, and Duncan always took the blame. I remember times when he had 30 points 15 boards and then after the game he said it was his fault. I was like, Tim, your teammates freaking sucked, it was in no way your fault, you did all that you could. That's a true leader. I have yet to see Kawhi take the blame for anything.

These playoffs are going to show what Kawhi is really made of. Last year was the first year where has the number 1 option and he choked the last 3 games of the Clippers series. We are going to find out if Kawhi can consistently carry a team on his back in pressure situations. To me it's not about the wins or losses but if Kawhi can play at a high level consistently for a whole entire series against elite opponents.

Agloco
05-04-2016, 05:01 PM

Yeah, that would be a history boss.

Anything else is just you attempting to qualify the term to suit your agenda.

tholdren
05-04-2016, 05:43 PM

It's funny because, he has a great 1st round series this year, dominated in game 1 against OKC, played bad in just one game and suddenly...he's a choker like Harden.

worst post ever. ALL THE SPURS had a great series this year.

tholdren
05-04-2016, 05:45 PM
These playoffs are going to show what Kawhi is really made of. Last year was the first year where has the number 1 option and he choked the last 3 games of the Clippers series. We are going to find out if Kawhi can consistently carry a team on his back in pressure situations. To me it's not about the wins or losses but if Kawhi can play at a high level consistently for a whole entire series against elite opponents.
No - every year but FMVP (not even the real FMVP) year KL has been a role player. He's not a #1. Very good player, better than I thought he would be, and love that he is a Spur, but he hasn't shown the ability to win or carry a team to a win that matters.

YGWHI
05-05-2016, 07:47 AM
It's like the Heat in the 2011 Finals who lost despite Wade being the best player in the series (until he got injured in Gm 5) since LeChoke came up small.:lol
Like the Cavs. I can't see they winning a game with Irving scoring 40 points if LeBron has a bad night in playoffs. It seems like Kawhi has reached LeBron level after all :lol

YGWHI
05-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Primary option should go to aldridge and make leonard occasional scorer, not primary, unless he shows hecan be as consistent as any of the big 3 in their prime, which Aldridge can.
Are the Spurs doing that any different? No, and even with him as the 1 option they lost the game.

south side spur
05-05-2016, 08:54 AM
It seems like Kawhi has reached LeBron level after all :lol

At least on the level of fanboydom. When Bron Bron or Kawhi have a great game they're championed and if the team plays well overall it's due to the fact that these guys make the game easier for everyone else. When either has a poor performance excuses are made, deflection is prominent, and if the team performs poorly it's due to the fact that everyone else is to blame for these players' performance and the teams performance as a whole. Everyone else has to step up so these guys can be successful. It's pathetic.

kaji157
05-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Are the Spurs doing that any different? No, and even with him as the 1 option they lost the game.

Yes, they are making Kawhi be secondary scorer forcing the issue, which doesnīt pan out well when the player is not sure he can be that, because at the end of the day you end up giving 18 shots to a player that is second guessing on if he has to shoot or not, attack or not, takes bad shots, and cost you the win.

This loose is on him, clearly, he had the most lopsided matchup on offense and couldn't capitalize, Aldridge went for 40 against two very capable defenders, Kawhi left the floor giving the sensation that Dion Waiters for Robertson makes sense for OKC because he cant score on him.

I donīt get the point on defending him, Parker and Ginobili have taken huge criticism for much less considering how consistent they were in important games.

So far Kawhi as a star has played 7 good games (3 Miami, 3 LAC, 1 OKC) and 6 not so great ones.

YGWHI
05-05-2016, 10:07 PM
At least on the level of fanboydom. When Bron Bron or Kawhi have a great game they're championed and if the team plays well overall it's due to the fact that these guys make the game easier for everyone else....
Not sure why this is a bad thing :lol

It's pathetic.
Not really, that happens all the time with the best player on any team.

YGWHI
05-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Yes, they are making Kawhi be secondary scorer forcing the issue, which doesnīt pan out well when the player is not sure he can be that, because at the end of the day you end up giving 18 shots to a player that is second guessing on if he has to shoot or not, attack or not, takes bad shots, and cost you the win.

You're starting to sound like a crazy guy.

First you want that LMA to be the #1 option...the Spurs did it. Now, you're complaining about Kawhi being the 2nd option...

Kawhi was the leading scorer during the whole regular season and the first round. What do you expect? To be the 3rd/4th option? Parker and Manu taking more shots than him? It's 2016 not 2012.

So far Kawhi as a star has played 7 good games (3 Miami, 3 LAC, 1 OKC) and 6 not so great ones.
Game 4 against Clippers 26 points .52.6 FG% .50 3P% 7 rbs 5 asts

I'd say 8 great games and 5 not so good ones. 8-5?...For a 24 years old player who's still developing his game? I'll take it.

south side spur
05-05-2016, 10:23 PM
The first part of my quote isn't a bad thing. The problem is when these same fanboys want to blame the others for not producing and thereby being the reason Bron Bron or Kawhi underperform. So they're the reason for success and everyone else is the reason for failure. That's bitchassness.

kaji157
05-05-2016, 10:57 PM
You're starting to sound like a crazy guy.

First you want that LMA to be the #1 option...the Spurs did it. Now, you're complaining about Kawhi being the 2nd option...

Kawhi was the leading scorer during the whole regular season and the first round. What do you expect? To be the 3rd/4th option? Parker and Manu taking more shots than him? It's 2016 not 2012.

Nope, i just dont want it forced, if others were going, why Kiwhi should "let it fly" in the last two minutes of the game is beyond me. We ha something working and all went south when Kawhi tried to force feed him innecesary.

And as the poster below you say, i have no problem with Kawhi taking 20 shots, i just want him to take him when he is confident enough, and ifhe was good enough to be final mvp with 3 good games, then he also should receive most of the blame when he has a subpar game and we lost by a point.

YGWHI
05-05-2016, 11:46 PM
Nope, i just dont want it forced, if others were going, why Kiwhi should "let it fly" in the last two minutes of the game is beyond me. We ha something working and all went south when Kawhi tried to force feed him innecesary.
Because any Spur-not-named-LMA was going.

If a team denies LMA the ball in the last quarter or double him, who else is gonna take shots? This team offensively it's just Kawhi/LMA.

Also, I wouldn't forget that Kawhi's an ISO player, mid-range/post-up Iso player. Like it or not, that type of player forces things a bit.

hitmantb
05-06-2016, 11:24 PM
And he did just that!

I am really, really worried about Duncan. I think his knees are shot and he is just a decoy/motivational speaker from here on. I really hope I am wrong but I think it is his last season.

From here, KL and LMA need to cancel out the other team's top two players in production for the Spurs to win. KL edged out Durant and that is game.

siraulo23
05-06-2016, 11:31 PM
He made a couple of mistakes but great effort from kawhi, and iced the game with FTs

Def played like an allstar tonight

Floyd Pacquiao
05-06-2016, 11:35 PM
31pts(9-17) 11reb and 3ast and Clutch down the stretch

loveforthegame
05-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Did he pass the test?

Kool? Super cam? You guys going to chime in?

LongtimeSpursFan
05-06-2016, 11:39 PM
31pts(9-17) 11reb and 3ast and Clutch down the stretch

90s stats. He looked like shit except for that last rebound.

YGWHI
05-06-2016, 11:45 PM
Did he pass the test?

Kool? Super cam? You guys going to chime in?
Don't forget this troll...

90s stats. He looked like shit except for that last rebound.

"But but the Spurs can't win a game in playoffs with him as the leading scorer " :cry :cry

:lmao

Kawhitstorm
05-06-2016, 11:57 PM

Kawhitstorm
05-06-2016, 11:59 PM
I am really, really worried about Duncan. I think his knees are shot and he is just a decoy/motivational speaker from here on. I really hope I am wrong but I think it is his last season.

He has been done as an offensive option since he missed the 1st matchup w/ the Warriors & returned w/ a knee brace on what was previously his "good" knee.

SpursFan86
05-07-2016, 12:01 AM
Dude balled the fuck out tonight and came up big down the stretch :tu Can't ask for much more.

99 Problems
05-07-2016, 12:09 AM
Bite on this one :claw

EIC
05-07-2016, 12:09 AM
I have been as critical of Kawhi's offensive game as anyone. I still saw him have lots of difficulty with his handles and trouble splitting the double team, but you have to hand it to the guy: he hit some big 3s, made some clutch shots in the paint, drew some key fouls, and knocked down some very key FTs. And, as he always does, he was a monster on the glass and was a beast on defense. Have to give the man his props.

Kawhitstorm
05-07-2016, 12:27 AM
I have been as critical of Kawhi's offensive game as anyone. I still saw him have lots of difficulty with his handles and trouble splitting the double team, but you have to hand it to the guy: he hit some big 3s, made some clutch shots in the paint, drew some key fouls, and knocked down some very key FTs. And, as he always does, he was a monster on the glass and was a beast on defense. Have to give the man his props.

It was WILL & SKILL for Kawhi tonight

spurraider21
05-07-2016, 12:28 AM
he was pretty big in the fourth. had some stretches where he was looking pretty shaky, was frustrated early on (picked up that bad foul on the adams screen early)... but he came alive when we needed him, and hit BOTH free throws at the end

dabom
05-07-2016, 12:29 AM
he was pretty big in the fourth. had some stretches where he was looking pretty shaky, was frustrated early on (picked up that bad foul on the adams screen early)... but he came alive when we needed him, and hit BOTH free throws at the end

Don't hurt yourself with that post. :lmao

YGWHI
05-07-2016, 12:30 AM
I have been as critical of Kawhi's offensive game as anyone.
Critical? You said he would be a bench player without his defense...Clown.

spurraider21
05-07-2016, 12:34 AM
Don't hurt yourself with that post. :lmao
i dont get whats funny. awesome to see kawhi doin kawhi things :claw

EIC
05-07-2016, 12:43 AM
Critical? You said he would be a bench player without his defense...Clown.

Jamal Crawford resents that remark.

YGWHI
05-07-2016, 12:54 AM
Jamal Crawford resents that remark.
Clown.

AZK619
05-07-2016, 01:01 AM
But, but, but, LMA going to carry Spurs in the playoffs. -Low IQ Spurs fan :lol

EIC
05-07-2016, 01:02 AM
Clown.

Stutter much? "C-c-c-clown. C-c-c-clown." That all you can say? :rollin

Spurs 4 The Win
05-07-2016, 01:09 AM
But, but, but, LMA going to carry Spurs in the playoffs. -Low IQ Spurs fan :lol

You need both LMA and Kawhi to carry this team. Neither one is gonna do it by themselves. They are the only ones that can bail us out and create their own shots in the clutch. Thus far they have been pretty equal in their quality down the stretch. What excites me is that you are already seeing growth in their crunchtime play as this series progresses. If they can play with confidence against Golden State in this aspect then we will be in good shape.

YGWHI
05-07-2016, 01:14 AM
Stutter much?
Not really. And you? B-b-b-ench p-p-player. Kawhi bench player! Is that all you can say?

"Kawhi would be a bench player at best" "If you took away his defensive skills, I don't think he is in the starting rotation"

rasuo214
05-07-2016, 03:50 AM
Game 4 against Clippers 26 points .52.6 FG% .50 3P% 7 rbs 5 asts

I'd say 8 great games and 5 not so good ones. 8-5?...For a 24 years old player who's still developing his game? I'll take it.

Just to add that Kawhi wasn't even considered the star the first 2 games of the finals. He emerged as a star the final 3. So it's more like 8-3 and now after tonight 9-3. I'd say that's pretty good. That also isn't including the Grizzlies series, one of which Kawhi needed to carry the team to victory (Game 3).

YGWHI
05-07-2016, 05:03 AM
So it's more like 8-3 and now after tonight 9-3. I'd say that's pretty good. That also isn't including the Grizzlies series, one of which Kawhi needed to carry the team to victory (Game 3).
:tu

BillMc
05-07-2016, 06:47 AM
You need both LMA and Kawhi to carry this team. Neither one is gonna do it by themselves. They are the only ones that can bail us out and create their own shots in the clutch. Thus far they have been pretty equal in their quality down the stretch. What excites me is that you are already seeing growth in their crunchtime play as this series progresses. If they can play with confidence against Golden State in this aspect then we will be in good shape.

Kawhi is young and going to keep getting better.

LMA is new and going to keep getting more comfortable.

Good times ahead, this season and beyond. :flag:

100%duncan
05-07-2016, 10:18 AM
Meow

hitmantb
05-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Damn I can not believe what I am seeing. A couple of years ago who would have thought Kwahi is on the same level of Durant, if not straight up outplaying him? If he can do this to Durant, he can do it to at most 80% Curry, and aging LeBron. If he keeps this up, Spurs are the #1 team.

EDIT:

Spoke too soon :(

Second half, Durant is completely dominated and Kwahi was for the most part, a non-factor.

Tier 1 vs tier 1.5 player. And Spurs lose.

hitmantb
05-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Unfortunately, looks like Kawhi is not quite on Durant's level yet.

He is an amazing Pippen, but if he is your first option on offense, you lose :(

loveforthegame
05-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Especially embarrassing with everyone else playing their A game.

tholdren
05-12-2016, 09:13 PM
No - every year but FMVP (not even the real FMVP) year KL has been a role player. He's not a #1. Very good player, better than I thought he would be, and love that he is a Spur, but he hasn't shown the ability to win or carry a team to a win that matters.
Eat shit

K...
05-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Eat shit

Congrats, Harlem and apo are gonna abandon this team leaving a bunch of kawhi sensitive cucks. Need you to stay on point. Role player lives..

tholdren
05-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Congrats, Harlem and apo are gonna abandon this team leaving a bunch of kawhi sensitive cucks. Need you to stay on point. Role player lives..
Im the only A+ poster this sorry excuse of a message board has. With your bandwagon fans, pop lovers, and gays (slomo harlem cry havoc) I continue with the best insights and most forward thinking.