PDA

View Full Version : Play Simmons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dorrrr
05-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Before Boban, before Kmart/Miller and especially before useless Kyle go into the rotation. I bet Simmons would do better when he gets the chance, like he did earlier this season.
Talk.

Keepin' it real
05-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Simmons = :lobt2: ?

Is that your contention?

td4mvp2k
05-03-2016, 12:20 PM
most athletic player and he rotting on bench... :tu pop

scramby eggs
05-03-2016, 12:21 PM
We just need more Boris tbh

Darius Bieber
05-03-2016, 12:21 PM
KMart and Miller didn't see playing time last night either.

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Seriously, what does Fat head provide that Simmons doesn't? :lol

T Park
05-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Lets Simmons come in and dribble the ball off his foot or miss a few defensive rotations.

Sounds like a winning recipe.

dorrrr
05-03-2016, 01:28 PM
KMart and Miller didn't see playing time last night either.

They played in game 1 garbage time, Simmons didn't even get that. Boban got another chance today.
Kyle gets some minutes every time and does only damage.
Simmons deserves a shot, he gave some great minutes in the regular season and he's got game, especially when our offense is stuck.

Kawhi 5-0
05-03-2016, 11:29 PM
Simmons is the "nasty" which could make THE difference. First team sucked. That's why they all got benched (except Aldridge) around 6:00 in first quarter.

Simmons is fearless. Too conservative an approach from here on out could lead us to same result as last year (Game 7 loss) or, God forbid, same result as years ago when OKC knocked us out (in the Harden era).

We need Boban to counter OKC bigs. I got nothing against Martin or Miller. I love those guys. But with Danny shooting pretty well and Manu/Tony/Patty healthy, there's not anything DIFFERENT which M & M bring to this series.

Simmons brings speed and effort. He's gonna make some mistakes, but at a certain point it's about desire. I didn't see an ounce of desire from the Spurs who came up 1 point short.

Simmons is a true jolt. Guy is tough.

He's the guy to bring in when the "system" looks like a rusty behemoth (as in Game 2).

Ginobili usually rights the ship when the first team sucks. Sometimes Patty does it. Anderson brings stability. He makes good decisions. That's very valuable.

Sometimes, however, we need some crazy. Simmons can create the same kind of chaos that Westbrook does.

Somebody from the bench needs to be the crazy warrior who shows the occasionally lethargic starters what it means to expend maximum effort. Full-speed! Nothing in reserve!!

Simmons could be that 3rd guy (at the 3) with Gino and Pat.

Man, that was a depressing lack of effort in Game 2.

Play smart, but play hard damnit!

--Paul

SnakeBoy
05-04-2016, 12:44 AM
Every year on ST it's some guy on the end of the bench that would be the savior if only Pop would play him.

TheGreatYacht
05-04-2016, 12:47 AM
Lets Simmons come in and dribble the ball off his foot or miss a few defensive rotations.

Sounds like a winning recipe.
Still a better option than playing Large Cranium with his shorts up to his chest.

T Park
05-04-2016, 01:47 AM
Still a better option than playing Large Cranium with his shorts up to his chest.

Yeah that good defense and ball movement he provided in game 1 was just terrible.

Crazymaddopeyo
05-04-2016, 02:58 AM
Yes, an inexperienced rookie is the savior.

Fireball
05-04-2016, 05:28 AM
Boban instead of West .... Kawhi 42 minutes ... no Simmons

MultiTroll
05-04-2016, 06:06 AM
Simmons is the "nasty" which could make THE difference. First team sucked. That's why they all got benched (except Aldridge) around 6:00 in first quarter.

Simmons is fearless. Too conservative an approach from here on out could lead us to same result as last year (Game 7 loss) or, God forbid, same result as years ago when OKC knocked us out (in the Harden era).

We need Boban to counter OKC bigs. I got nothing against Martin or Miller. I love those guys. But with Danny shooting pretty well and Manu/Tony/Patty healthy, there's not anything DIFFERENT which M & M bring to this series.

Simmons brings speed and effort. He's gonna make some mistakes, but at a certain point it's about desire. I didn't see an ounce of desire from the Spurs who came up 1 point short.

Simmons is a true jolt. Guy is tough.

He's the guy to bring in when the "system" looks like a rusty behemoth (as in Game 2).

Ginobili usually rights the ship when the first team sucks. Sometimes Patty does it. Anderson brings stability. He makes good decisions. That's very valuable.

Sometimes, however, we need some crazy. Simmons can create the same kind of chaos that Westbrook does.

Somebody from the bench needs to be the crazy warrior who shows the occasionally lethargic starters what it means to expend maximum effort. Full-speed! Nothing in reserve!!

Simmons could be that 3rd guy (at the 3) with Gino and Pat.

Man, that was a depressing lack of effort in Game 2.

Play smart, but play hard damnit!

--Paul
Even if Simmons just gets minor minutes like to end quarters. He brings a jolt of good attitude.
Boban it is a no brainer should have played, and should play more minutes.

Horse
05-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing him harass westbrook a few minutes here and there to give kawhi a break.

tholdren
05-04-2016, 05:50 PM
As long as simmons, or anyone who isn't scared, attacks the basket Spurs will have a chance.

random21
05-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Need more Boris, less West....

SequSpur
05-04-2016, 11:55 PM
Tpark is full of shit.

J Simmons is the real deal. I agree. He should be suiting up instead of Andre Miller. Pop is a dbag too. He has so many weapons but he plays stupid ass lineups all the time. Tony Parker is done. Patty Mills keeps getting switched onto Kevin Durant. Pop just sucks balls. Plus, I'm tired of his jack ass act during interviews too. He is a waste of time, retire already.

Spurs 2016 are foolsgold. This season is over.

Spurs9
05-05-2016, 09:07 AM
I just don't want to see Anderson or Mills in the game. Anyone else is fair game, even Bonner.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Simmons is the worst defender on the roster. Not likely he's going to get into the rotation unless the entire team goes off the rails.

$pursDynasty
05-05-2016, 10:19 AM
this is interesting, because besides Bonner who shouldn't see the light of day in the playoffs, who else to sit? We might need our 3rd pg, Boban's size might be useful against the Thunder and Cavs (less so against the Dubs), Anderson has a little more corporate knowledge than Simmons does. For me I would prefer Simmons over KMart. KMart hasn't brought that much to the table offensively yet for the Spurs and is a bigger liability than Simmons on defense. My usual inactives for the remainder of the playoffs would be Kmart and the red mamba.

Ginobilly
05-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Tpark is full of shit.

J Simmons is the real deal. I agree. He should be suiting up instead of Andre Miller. Pop is a dbag too. He has so many weapons but he plays stupid ass lineups all the time. Tony Parker is done. Patty Mills keeps getting switched onto Kevin Durant. Pop just sucks balls. Plus, I'm tired of his jack ass act during interviews too. He is a waste of time, retire already.

Spurs 2016 are foolsgold. This season is over.

I don't know if he's the real deal but he's a better option than parker or mills at this point. I'm sorry to say this but TP9 and Timmy are done! Tim knees are all fucked up and it's obvious he can't hang with Adams for 48 mins. Play Boban more. Who would thought that Ginobili would outlast Timmy and Tony? He's the only of the big three who still athletic enough to hang with today's NBA athletes.

These guys should be getting most of the mins in the playoffs: In this order
1.Kawhi
2. LMA
3.Ginobili
4.Green
5.Simmons
6.Boban
7. West
8. Diaw
9. Mills
10. Parker
11. Timmy

TP has lost his speed and stamina. You see flashes here and there but this guy is done as a starter against allstar pointguard talent. Timmy can't even move his knees or jump anymore at times. It was sad seeing him just flap his arms and fall and tip the ball cause he can't jump and is not as strong anymore. This teams has a 2011,2012 feel to it for some reason.

Ginobilly
05-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Simmons is the worst defender on the roster. Not likely he's going to get into the rotation unless the entire team goes off the rails.

I disagree. In my eye test Tony and Kevin M are the worst defenders. Simmons just lacks experience on the rotations. But with more playing time with the starters, he should get better. Tony and Kevin are just too skinny and weak to ever become competent defenders. Mills is a decently good defender, but at 5'8, he just gets abused out there and players post him up.

Mills, Parker, and Duncan will be unplayable against the warriors if they make it that far. Tim because he's old and slow. Parker and Mills because their too short and can't guard no one on the warriors.

SAGirl
05-05-2016, 03:17 PM
this is interesting, because besides Bonner who shouldn't see the light of day in the playoffs, who else to sit? We might need our 3rd pg, Boban's size might be useful against the Thunder and Cavs (less so against the Dubs), Anderson has a little more corporate knowledge than Simmons does. For me I would prefer Simmons over KMart. KMart hasn't brought that much to the table offensively yet for the Spurs and is a bigger liability than Simmons on defense. My usual inactives for the remainder of the playoffs would be Kmart and the red mamba.
I also prefer Simmons to Kmart. If you need an energy guy Simmons is more likely to be that than Kmart. Aside from going off in garbage time Kmart hasn't shown anything, but I think convincing Kmart to come here after getting waived requires him to be suited up. Spurs won't convince veterans in the future to do the same if they intended to sit them behind rookie Simmons and 2nd yr player Anderson all along. Why go after that dude otherwise?

I think due to that Kmart will be in uniform. He's a good shooter too and I guess there are situations he could be subbed in to space the floor if post players are getting doubled hard, which could start happening frequently with LMA dominating and Kawhi's game also being so post centric.

tholdren
05-05-2016, 05:59 PM
I also prefer Simmons to Kmart. If you need an energy guy Simmons is more likely to be that than Kmart. Aside from going off in garbage time Kmart hasn't shown anything, but I think convincing Kmart to come here after getting waived requires him to be suited up. Spurs won't convince veterans in the future to do the same if they intended to sit them behind rookie Simmons and 2nd yr player Anderson all along. Why go after that dude otherwise?

I think due to that Kmart will be in uniform. He's a good shooter too and I guess there are situations he could be subbed in to space the floor if post players are getting doubled hard, which could start happening frequently with LMA dominating and Kawhi's game also being so post centric.
Much like Anderson, Martin hasn't played a single meaningful playoff minute. Maybe pop told him he sucked, and that's why he had "the flu?" I'm in your boat it seems. Spurs brought Martin in to be that scorer - so play him and find out. If Martin isn't the one, put him in dress clothes and play Simmons. Continue process until Spurs find someone that can step up when they hit a drought. Any intelligent fan knew that being able to score was the spurs issue before heading into this. Find a solution.