PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs Lost Game 2 to the Thunder BECAUSE....

tholdren
05-03-2016, 06:28 PM
In no particular order:

1. Kawhi Leonard - DUDE CANT CONTROL THE PACE.... Offense was terrible, should have been benched once he west bricked that last three...??? WTF

2. The bench - sorry bros your chucking was infuriating. (West /Mills/Anderson)

3. Danny Green - WTF - or back to reality.

4. Tim Duncan - At least make a layup

5. Pop - So your bench can't score, you brought in martin to score, you leave martin on the bench...

Same old story for the spurs - the lulls in scoring and the stubborn coaching cost them a game.

Good news - Spurs missed easy shots I don't think they will miss next game - Thunder played good and barely beat SA when SA played bad.

Yuck game to watch.

marinoman
05-03-2016, 06:53 PM
I disagree with the "Spurs missed easy shots" thing that people keep saying. They missed close shots near the rim and that was cause the Spurs quickly shot to avoid being blocked or having their shot altered by ibaka.
Remember on the last play how mills was right under the basket then he passed with 9 seconds left, it was cause he can't dunk and ibaka.
Man I miss Joseph

DarrinS
05-03-2016, 07:01 PM
OP is a raging homosexual

tholdren
05-03-2016, 07:03 PM
better than trans

Obstructed_View
05-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Letdown from game one. They haven't played consistently great all year. No surprise. We know how good they CAN be. Now they have to actually want to do it.

Spur|n|Austin
05-03-2016, 07:41 PM
What man says "yuck"?

Budkin
05-03-2016, 07:50 PM
Spurs got full of themselves just like they did after Game 4 of the Finals only this time they didn't have enough players doing the work to get the win.

tmtcsc
05-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Well, either the Spurs will lose 3 in a row or come back to SA with at least a split. This starting lineup has not lost 3 in a row all year. I'm not sure they've even lost 2 in a row.

Budkin
05-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Spurs would really have to go into a tailspin to lose both in OKC

SupremeGuy
05-03-2016, 07:58 PM
What man says "yuck"?The truth, tbh. :lol

SpursforSix
05-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Op smells like butthole.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 08:29 PM

GSH
05-03-2016, 08:57 PM
The more of this shit I read, the more I think Pop's standard answer is the best one. "They scored more points than us."

Fuck me... they had a bad game. Ever watched basketball before?

bklynspursfan
05-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Spurs got full of themselves just like they did after Game 4 of the Finals only this time they didn't have enough players doing the work to get the win.

Basically this... I hope we have a game 3 in their house like we did of those finals

ginobilized
05-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Spurs lost because they missed 1 more shot than needed to win. 1 more made basket, they win.

Slippy
05-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Patty's my boy from down under but gotta say - he was the only teammate from the bench in chucking mode.

Patty needs to go back and look at most his best shooting games. They are of the open kind from set plays initiated by teammates who create space. Too often last night Patty was trying to be the hero.

dbestpro
05-03-2016, 11:02 PM
They missed some easy shots, which in turn caused their sphincter to tighten.

da_suns_fan
05-03-2016, 11:09 PM
In no particular order:

1. Kawhi Leonard - DUDE CANT CONTROL THE PACE.... Offense was terrible, should have been benched once he west bricked that last three...??? WTF

5. Pop - So your bench can't score, you brought in martin to score, you leave martin on the bench...

Same old story for the spurs - the lulls in scoring and the stubborn coaching cost them a game.

Good news - Spurs missed easy shots I don't think they will miss next game - Thunder played good and barely beat SA when SA played bad.

Yuck game to watch.

How about:

1) The Thunder have Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook who are very good basketball players.

SAGirl
05-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Patty's my boy from down under but gotta say - he was the only teammate from the bench in chucking mode.

Patty needs to go back and look at most his best shooting games. They are of the open kind from set plays initiated by teammates who create space. Too often last night Patty was trying to be the hero.
Honest humble statement right here. :tu

kobyz
05-04-2016, 12:43 PM
I can see this loss become a snowball and the bad play continue...

DAF86
05-04-2016, 12:45 PM
In no particular order:

Yuck game to watch.

Tony Parker is a bigger concern than any of those, tbh.

SouthernFried
05-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Sigh...

The Spurs lost, because everyone not named LMA...sucked. This ain't hard folks.

NameLess Scrub
05-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Spurs lost because they haven't taken the time to send a spy to shave the mustache brothers.

I'm telling you they'll become clueless dorks after a shave.

TDomination
05-04-2016, 01:07 PM
The spurs lost because...

of the horrendous start. If we don't go 1/9 on layups, we stay close in the beginning and we pull away later and win by 8 or 10. Such a pitiful start.

Budkin
05-04-2016, 01:12 PM
The spurs lost because...

of the horrendous start. If we don't go 1/9 on layups, we stay close in the beginning and we pull away later and win by 8 or 10. Such a pitiful start.

Elite OKC defense! :lol

SASdynasty!
05-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Tony Parker is a bigger concern than any of those, tbh.
Lol I was waiting for the obligatory Parker blame post with nothing to back it up. Surprised it took so many posts.

DAF86
05-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Lol I was waiting for the obligatory Parker blame post with nothing to back it up. Surprised it took so many posts.

T. ParkerPG / MIN 27 / FG 3-9 / 3PT 0-2 / FT 1-1 / RBD 1 / ASSTS 6 / STL 1 / BLK 0 / TO 1 / +/- -14 / PTS 7

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400875652

That's the type of production our 15 mil per year starting PG, constantly, gives us.

Now shut the fuck up.

SASdynasty!
05-04-2016, 01:38 PM
T. ParkerPG 27 FG 3-9 / 3PT 0-2 / FT 1-1 / RBD 1 / ASSTS 6 / STL 1 / BLK 0 / TO 1 / +/- -14 / PTS 7

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400875652

That's the type of production our 15 mil per year starting PG, constantly, gives us.

Now shut the fuck up.
He's averaging 9 APG for the series. That's what you and the rest of this forum wanted. He's doing exactly what a PG does, distribute the ball at a very high clip. He used to score at a very high clip until you guys wanted Kawhi to start doing that. Well, that's what you have now. So do you want Parker to start shooting 10-15 times a game again or not? Just be clear so we know.

By the way, the next best distributer on our team isn't averaging half of that.

DAF86
05-04-2016, 01:49 PM
He's averaging 9 APG for the series. That's what you and the rest of this forum wanted. He's doing exactly what a PG does, distribute the ball at a very high clip. He used to score at a very high clip until you guys wanted Kawhi to start doing that. Well, that's what you have now. So do you want Parker to start shooting 10-15 times a game again or not? Just be clear so we know.

By the way, the next best distributer on our team isn't averaging half of that.

I want him to be able to get a fucking basket. He's paid like a star and can't make a fucking 15 footer, while being wide ass open, to save his life.

EVAY
05-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Well, according to the coach and the veteran players, the team lost because they were incapable of making a LAY-UP for the first seven possessions or so,

and

because there was poor decision making and shot selection in the last 5 minutes or so.

Me? I tend to take the word of the folks who do this for a living. So I go along with the coach and players.

DMC
05-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Patty. It's a typical Aussie thing. They all think they are 10 feet tall and bulletproof.

tholdren
05-04-2016, 05:48 PM
How about not getting to the line enough?

Kawhi 5-0
05-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Energy (or lack thereof)

Spurs looked like a bunch of Xs and Os in Game 2 while OKC looked like living, breathing individuals.

Spurs are playing too nice. Too scared. Too conservatively.

I like the idea of Simmons being suited up rather than either Miller or Martin.

Somebody's gotta be ready to remind the starters how to play basketball if they start out as a rusty, lethargic, inhuman system again.

Gino and Patty aren't enough of an energy jolt when the starters decide to play like clueless YMCA infants.

Pretty bad that Pop was having to find "five guys who care" halfway through first quarter of last game.

--Paul