View Full Version : Captain America : Civil War

lefty
05-03-2016, 10:58 PM
Since it's around te corner I guess it should have its own thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T3UYfzRPik

lefty
05-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Also some viral marketing with WHIH news

Watch the news ticker for Easter Eggs (some of them are related to past and future MCU movies, others to Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix series as well)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtJkDqZzoOFYbqwOIFn2Lng

lefty
05-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Got my ticket

Going to see it on Tuesday lol

djohn2oo8
05-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Got my ticket

going to see it tomorrow. Will report back.

lefty
05-05-2016, 12:17 AM
going to see it tomorrow. Will report back.

Could have gotten a ticket for tomorrow, but then I remembered I had stuff to do

Fuark!!!!!

spurraider21
05-05-2016, 12:20 AM
i've got a final exam in a week, so i'm probably gna end up waiting till memorial day weekend :depressed

Blake
05-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Why did they title this Captain America?

DAF86
05-05-2016, 10:00 PM

Because the story is from the Captain America comic, I think.

Avante
05-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Iron Man, The Hulk, Thor, The Avengers, The Fantastic Four, we've seen everything that's been out there. But, just never warmed up to Captain America/Spiderman. But, my son said it's on $$$$ him, so......

Marvel needs to do a movie about The Submariner. That would be cool.

This breaks my heart.

I had the very first issue of The Fantastic Four. Then I got to that age where I thought I was too old for comic books and sold my comics (about a 1000) at a yardsale.............STOOPEED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

You know how much that Fantastic Four is worth today:rolleyes

djohn2oo8
05-05-2016, 11:36 PM

it is very much A Cap movie. They did a great job of maintaining that

redzero
05-05-2016, 11:47 PM
This was much better than Age of Ultron. I guess we can count on Marvel following up each Avengers movie with a superior Cap movie.

Xevious
05-06-2016, 12:05 AM
Because the story is from the Captain America comic, I think.
It was actually a Marvel-wide storyline spanning multiple comics, but Cap was the central character opposing the registration act I believe.

Jacob1983
05-06-2016, 02:12 AM
Captain America beat Tony's ass lol.

Which bromance is stronger Captain America and Bucky or Captain America and The Falcon?

I think it's funny how Elizabeth Olsen said she was glad that she didn't have to wear the actual Scarlet Witch costume yet her outfits in the movie show off her cleavage and legs. I can see why Cap was looking down her chest on the red carpet.

djohn2oo8
05-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Captain America beat Tony's ass lol.

Which bromance is stronger Captain America and Bucky or Captain America and The Falcon?

I think it's funny how Elizabeth Olsen said she was glad that she didn't have to wear the actual Scarlet Witch costume yet her outfits in the movie show off her cleavage and legs. I can see why Cap was looking down her chest on the red carpet.

Cap and Bucky.

blkroadrunners
05-06-2016, 09:02 AM
CW was ok...but I was disappointed w/ the ending, and Zemo had a Mandarin IM3 feel in the movie. However Spidey, Ant-Man, and Black Panther were brilliantly developed.

leo_d
05-06-2016, 10:37 AM
6/10

A really liked the winter soldier but this one felt boring at some point.

itīs like marvel find less interesting to develop fights with the villains than between heroes. Maybe is a reading of what the public really wants, or that their villains are less dangerous than the heroes themselfs.

RsxPiimp
05-06-2016, 12:24 PM
finally saw it, mixed feelings on this one. it's a really great movie but to date i'd say it ranks behind the winter solider for me. that airport scene tho, and marvel nailed Spidey. aunt may :drools

lefty20
05-06-2016, 05:52 PM
I've been wondering something. How the fuck did Cap learn to fight? The Serum clearly gave him a lot of things, but he also became an expert in hand to hand combat. Da fuq did that happen? There's no way he knew any of this shit b4 the Serum.

jeebus
05-06-2016, 06:01 PM
It was pretty good. Had some character building/development spots that neckbeards hate and will find boring, but then again, if you don't have that, then you have transformers or some other mindless bullshit movie.

-21-
05-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Got my ticket

It came out on April 27 here.:king Watched it on the same day. It was awesome. Better than BvS (which I thought was great as well) but I'm not sure if I'd put it above Winter Soldier yet. Enjoy :toast

Avante
05-06-2016, 08:22 PM
I thought it sucked.

lefty20
05-06-2016, 10:25 PM
It also enhanced his kind. Made him a strategy expert. Prolly made it real easy for him to learn fighting techniques from the military/shield etc

Yeah but when? He started kicking ass almost immediately, then spent a long time as a Popsicle. Woke up and went straight back to ass kicking.

Ron Swanson
05-06-2016, 11:58 PM
I liked it, but it's far from Marvel's best movie. Thought they did a good job with Spiderman.

Looking forward to Dr. Strange this fall.

Blake
05-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Great movie. Winter Soldier was better.

I think the reason WS was better was it had less heroes. Especially all the extra super human ones like ant man, spider man

Darius McCrary
05-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Thought it was dope.

Woulda liked more Zemo development he's one of my favorite villains.

jeebus
05-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Yeah but when? He started kicking ass almost immediately, then spent a long time as a Popsicle. Woke up and went straight back to ass kicking.
Just a heads up, the first Captain America movie wasn't just a few hours of his life. It spanned months. Nig was on tour around the country for who knows how long, then was in actual combat for probably the same length. I dont think he spent his time sitting around, being a fat ass and posting on spurstalk during his down time.

lefty20
05-07-2016, 06:15 PM
Just a heads up, the first Captain America movie wasn't just a few hours of his life. It spanned months. Nig was on tour around the country for who knows how long, then was in actual combat for probably the same length. I dont think he spent his time sitting around, being a fat ass and posting on spurstalk during his down time.

Cap would never post here, cuz of u know... "Language."

But seriously, he did spend a big chunk of time just dancing around the country and doodling shit, tbh.

I kinda agree with hemann82. Cap didn't really need to fight properly till he started hanging out with the rest of the gang. And he had plenty of time to learn after his defrosting.

UZER
05-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Cap is the man! He's really grown into a true badass and respected leader by all, even Stark.

Black Panther was awesome in this movie too.

spurraider21
05-07-2016, 07:37 PM
i'm gna check it out friday

RsxPiimp
05-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Great movie. Winter Soldier was better.

I think the reason WS was better was it had less heroes. Especially all the extra super human ones like ant man, spider man

yeah, WS is the definitive captain America story.

WS also had all the right elements going for it, the plot was cohesive, the tone was perfect and even the damn score was perfect.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-07-2016, 09:34 PM
3/10 I really hope this comic book movie trend falls off soon.

djohn2oo8
05-07-2016, 09:41 PM
^ :lol no comic book fan would hope comic movies fall off

LaMarcus Bryant
05-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Only problems

1) I'm not understanding why Ant Man would join captain. Why would he gaf?

RsxPiimp
05-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Only problems

yeah its one of those plot holes but its a comic book movie so it gets a pass

lefty20
05-08-2016, 01:31 AM
Only problems

Cuz Pym's brainwashed him into being anti-stark.

lefty20
05-08-2016, 01:36 AM
Epic Movie, btw. Now looking forward to watching Doctor Strange. Pretty big fan of Benedict's other work. Him joining Marvel is as awesome as it gets.

UZER
05-08-2016, 07:08 AM
Only problems

I interpreted it as he is just so giddy he would even be asked to help Captain America of all people, like a fan being asked to play basketball with their favorite player. That's why he was fanboying the whole time with him,like when he said with over the top enthusiasm, "here's you shield Captain America!" :lol

Pelicans78
05-08-2016, 07:15 AM
8/10. Really good especially the airport scene and the last fight which was brilliant.

Pelicans78
05-08-2016, 07:16 AM

Thats true. Forgot about that.

Blake
05-08-2016, 09:00 AM
3/10 I really hope this comic book movie trend falls off soon.

You hope the trend falls off but bought a ticket for opening weekend any way.

Blake
05-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Only problems

I thought Widow should have been with Cap. They even put it in the script that Widow and Tony were shocked she agreed with the law.

I know they were trying to be unconventional there, but they should have still traded places with her and Hawkeye.

Minor gripe.

djohn2oo8
05-08-2016, 09:20 AM
I thought Widow should have been with Cap. They even put it in the script that Widow and Tony were shocked she agreed with the law.

I know they were trying to be unconventional there, but they should have still traded places with her and Hawkeye.

Minor gripe.

She ended up siding with Cap anyway near the end, letting him go

UZER
05-08-2016, 09:42 AM
The comic movies have flatlined but this one was done really well. AOU was garbage.

lefty20
05-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Where da fuq was Maria Hill? Isn't she directly working for/with Stark and the Avengers?

Blake
05-08-2016, 02:04 PM
She ended up siding with Cap anyway near the end, letting him go

Yeah, I would rather have seen Hawkeye flip. Like I said tho, minor grope

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-08-2016, 02:39 PM
You hope the trend falls off but bought a ticket for opening weekend any way.

I didn't buy shit.

tp2021
05-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Only problems

Perhaps it could be that he's already somewhat high-profile as far as civilians go, and a convicted felon. Maybe he doesn't want to let it be known he also has special powers, who knows what they would do to a "superbeing" with a criminal history.

They can't take him away from his daughter!

lefty20
05-09-2016, 01:16 AM
I'm assuming they r gonna need the ass kicking version of TWS when Thanos comes knocking in Avengers 3 & 4. With that in mind who's gonna be the guy to built a new arm for him?

1) Lang - engineering expertise + Pym's resources
2) T'Challa - King of the most technologically advanced country
3) Stark - genius, billionaire, philanthropist...

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Hopefully tchalla, a vibranium arm would be sick

RsxPiimp
05-09-2016, 11:32 AM
I interpreted it as he is just so giddy he would even be asked to help Captain America of all people, like a fan being asked to play basketball with their favorite player. That's why he was fanboying the whole time with him,like when he said with over the top enthusiasm, "here's you shield Captain America!" :lol

true, but it kinda glossed over what scott lang's motive in the ant man movie. he was trying to drop that convict stigma for his daughter yet here he is joining a team of fugitives again :lol if anything he should've joined team stark

Blake
05-09-2016, 11:46 AM
I didn't buy shit.

You rated it 3/10. Did you see it or not.

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2016, 12:30 PM
You rated it 3/10. Did you see it or not.

It's been on the net for over a week

Aztecfan03
05-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Only problems

Why wouldn't he join captain?

Blake
05-09-2016, 02:45 PM
It's been on the net for over a week

So that's two + hours he won't get back. Plus the time he's spent in this thread.

Poor guy is a glutton

Xevious
05-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Even though it was fun as hell to watch, I felt like the the airport fight was devoid of any tension. Other than Black Panther, nobody really seemed like they wanted to hurt anybody (understandable though). There should have been more injuries than just Rhodes. That fight at the end between WS, Cap, and Iron Man was something else though, and was the culmination of tension that began back in the first Avengers movie.

Overall I thought it was great... maybe not quite as good as Winter Soldier, but it's definitely in the upper echelon of Marvel movies. Cap is one of my favorite Marvel heros, and i like how his movies are complete game changers for the entire MCU. I can't wait to see what the Russos do with the Infinity Wars.

Boogie Munster
05-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Even though it was fun as hell to watch, I felt like the the airport fight was devoid of any tension. Other than Black Panther, nobody really seemed like they wanted to hurt anybody (understandable though). There should have been more injuries than just Rhodes. That fight at the end between WS, Cap, and Iron Man was something else though, and was the culmination of tension that began back in the first Avengers movie.

Overall I thought it was great... maybe not quite as good as Winter Soldier, but it's definitely in the upper echelon of Marvel movies. Cap is one of my favorite Marvel heros, and i like how his movies are complete game changers for the entire MCU. I can't wait to see what the Russos do with the Infinity Wars.

I think they are saving all the major deaths for Infinity Wars. The main complaint on Marvel films is that they play it too safe. I don't see Cap, Hawkeye, or Falcon making it out alive.

TDMVPDPOY
05-10-2016, 08:51 AM
fuk caps man = douchebag character = cena

anyway bp was badass in this movie, good casting too, got the guy with the perfect body which shows off bps physic ....

as for all the other characters who have no special powers, htf do they survive a physical attack from a character who has special powers? makes no fkn sense

Xevious
05-10-2016, 09:27 AM
I think they are saving all the major deaths for Infinity Wars. The main complaint on Marvel films is that they play it too safe. I don't see Cap, Hawkeye, or Falcon making it out alive.
I think they pretty much have to. Some of these characters are going to have to die or retire if Marvel plans on keeping the MCU going indefinitely. These actors aren't going to stick around forever, and I don't think audiences are going to maintain interest if they recast people like Tony Stark. I said this in the other thread, but Evans is signed on through Infinity Wars, Stan is signed on for much longer. So if I had to guess, Rogers is going to die at some point and Bucky will take up the shield.

Marvel has done a good job filtering in new characters slowly and building up this universe, so I feel like it could survive a few deaths.

Darth_Pelican
05-10-2016, 10:04 AM
I enjoyed it but they made Spiderman and Antman look way too strong. Spiderman was flat out kicking everyone's ass.

johnsmith
05-10-2016, 10:08 AM
I enjoyed it but they made Spiderman and Antman look way too strong. Spiderman was flat out kicking everyone's ass.

Go look at some of the old school comics....spider man is a bad motherfucker.

johnsmith
05-10-2016, 10:08 AM
My review of the movie is that it was awesome and my favorite of all the comic book movies this far except for deadpool.

johnsmith
05-10-2016, 10:09 AM
It also cleansed my pallet from BvS.

Xevious
05-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Spider-Man pretty much can kick anyone's ass except for the heavy hitters like Thor or Hulk.

DeadlyDynasty
05-10-2016, 11:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_sx3ozoXI

Blake
05-10-2016, 11:55 AM
as for all the other characters who have no special powers, htf do they survive a physical attack from a character who has special powers? makes no fkn sense

Yeah, every time black widow got up after taking a beating, belief was suspended.

Darth_Pelican
05-10-2016, 02:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_sx3ozoXI

Ogre should have beaten Chong Li. He just got too cocky. :(

Darius McCrary
05-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Go look at some of the old school comics....spider man is a bad motherfucker.

Meaning Venom and Carnage should be accurately strong when they do them in movies

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2016, 03:25 PM
For the people questioning why ant man was on team cap, remember caps team was assembled to fight the 5 super soldiers not the avengers. Falcon recommends to use him because the heaviest hitters signed the accords

lefty20
05-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Wonder if MCU has any plans on giving Tony his bleeding edge armor. It'd make him OP as fuck, but Avengers might just need that against Thanos.

lefty
05-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Just watched it

Phew avoiding spoilers was hard I CAN FINALLY POST IN MY OWN THREAD

BP was awesome, so was Spidey

Unfortunately I knew about Giant Man since I saw an ad for CW related toys and they had Giant Man

Want to watch it again :cry

Oh and Sam Wilson is still a huge phaggot

lefty
05-10-2016, 05:53 PM

He already hated Stark before meeting Pym - google up the viral marketing videos for Antman

He also hates greedy corporations

lefty20
05-10-2016, 06:33 PM
He already hated Stark before meeting Pym - google up the viral marketing videos for Antman

He also hates greedy corporations

Does SI still qualify as such? Unless we are assuming big = always greedy, in which case I suppose it would.

Gonna checkout the vid once I get home.

djohn2oo8
05-10-2016, 06:45 PM
My favorite part was the ending fight with Cap/Bucky vs Stark. Cap was just whooping that ass

lefty
05-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Does SI still qualify as such? Unless we are assuming big = always greedy, in which case I suppose it would.

Gonna checkout the vid once I get home.

Good point on SI.

I noticed a nice call back to another MCU movie

In IM2, Stark tells Fury his dad never told him he loved him; when Stark is showing his memories at the MIT, younger him tells his dad he loves him but Stark Sr doesn't say anything

lefty
05-10-2016, 06:53 PM
There's a leak of DVD quality out on them torrent sites :lmao

Also Dora Milaje looked badass : "Move or you will be moved"

benefactor
05-11-2016, 06:25 AM
9/10 tbh

Blake
05-11-2016, 02:27 PM
The CGI of young Tony Stark was pretty funny

MultiTroll
05-11-2016, 02:54 PM
If someone knows nothing of Captain America will the movie make any sense?

A story line that is understandable to Non Comic Con annual attender or just a bunch of chit blowing up?

Darius McCrary
05-11-2016, 02:54 PM
I liked BP but I don't get all the jacking off to him

He was cool but nothing too special. I wish Bucky had stopped running and fucked his world up.

Darius McCrary
05-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Just watched it

Phew avoiding spoilers was hard I CAN FINALLY POST IN MY OWN THREAD

BP was awesome, so was Spidey

Unfortunately I knew about Giant Man since I saw an ad for CW related toys and they had Giant Man

Want to watch it again :cry

Oh and Sam Wilson is still a huge phaggot
:lol This is why I no longer watch any trailer or anything related to comic movies.
I would have actually liked BvS if the Doomsday thing had been a surprise.

lefty
05-11-2016, 04:07 PM

He was cool but nothing too special. I wish Bucky had stopped running and fucked his world up.
I loved BP because it was BP

Chad absolutely nailed T'Challa

The suit and moves were vintage BP

Oh and Dora Miraje looked badass

lefty
05-11-2016, 04:09 PM
I've been wondering something. How the fuck did Cap learn to fight? The Serum clearly gave him a lot of things, but he also became an expert in hand to hand combat. Da fuq did that happen? There's no way he knew any of this shit b4 the Serum.

In CA1 he wasn't a great 1 on 1 fighter

But after he defrosting, he had al ot of free time and probably went through some serious training with SHIELD

Plus, Cap is a fast learner in the comics

RsxPiimp
05-11-2016, 06:17 PM

BP was pretty dope but yeah, personally I was more excited to see Spidey and my goodness the casting is perfect, Holland will be the definitive version of Spidey, period. But we'll see how his character is handled outside the Russo brothers and Markus/ McFeely team.

Xevious
05-11-2016, 08:50 PM

A story line that is understandable to Non Comic Con annual attender or just a bunch of chit blowing up?
I don't think the storyline will be hard to follow, but you won't know all the characters nor will you get all of Cap/Bucky's backstory. Might be better to watch the otber two CA movies first anyway.

TDMVPDPOY
05-11-2016, 08:58 PM
what they did with BP, from casting to the perfect specimen to fit that suit that shows the physic of BP, imagine they did that with venom in spiderman 3 ... instead of casting some skinny kent and cgi bullshit

Proxy
05-12-2016, 02:48 AM
Lol it sucked, Winter Soldier was much better

Haven't seen Antman, but I thought his lines were funny

I liked Peter Parker, and I guess Spider-Man was faithful to the comics. He just wasn't funny though. Wish his in battle remarks were written a bit better.

Proxy
05-12-2016, 02:49 AM

Of course the movie will make sense, these flicks are written for middle schoolers. Eye candy

Proxy
05-12-2016, 02:51 AM
For the people questioning why ant man was on team cap, remember caps team was assembled to fight the 5 super soldiers not the avengers. Falcon recommends to use him because the heaviest hitters signed the accords

Weird that people are willing to accept things like Zemo infiltrating the UN and Avengers, or why Scarlet Witch doesn't just smash everyone through the ground, or Vision being weirdly absent from the corny ass airport fight....

but then want an explanation for Antman's allegiance

redzero
05-12-2016, 04:39 AM
It is weird that Zemo impersonates the guy from the UN without using a mask of his face, even though it was later established that he created a Bucky mask. He just shows up with a badge and they let him interrogate Bucky. Nobody realizes that he is an impostor or suspects a thing.

Blake
05-12-2016, 10:00 AM
It is weird that Zemo impersonates the guy from the UN without using a mask of his face, even though it was later established that he created a Bucky mask. He just shows up with a badge and they let him interrogate Bucky. Nobody realizes that he is an impostor or suspects a thing.

Yeah I thought that was a stretch too of him doing the impersonation without a mask.

DAF86
05-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Craptain America beats the sole reason this whole thing even exists? Huge meh, tbh.

The Gemini Method
05-12-2016, 01:28 PM
I thought it was pretty good. I mean, it's a MU movie, so you're not going to get a story written to fill everyone's discerning tastes. I waited until Lefty to comment because he is the standard bearer with all things Marvel here. While I enjoyed Deadpool more, I liked the Airport fight and the Cap/Bucky plotline for the most part. I was never huge into Marvel with the exception to a few of the characters like XMEN and random singular heroes like Cable or Dr. Doom. I saw it with my lady and kids and it was really great to see. I want to check it out IMAX style. Maybe this weekend.

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Craptain America beats the sole reason this whole thing even exists?.

??

DAF86
05-12-2016, 01:32 PM
??

"sole reason this whole thing even exists"= Downey Jr's Ironman

Chinook
05-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Thought it sucked. Story made no sense. Villain's plan was stupid. Heroes' motivations were stupid. BvS was an order of magnitude better.

Blake
05-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Thought it sucked. Story made no sense. Villain's plan was stupid. Heroes' motivations were stupid. BvS was an order of magnitude better.

I didn't see BvS. What was Lex's plan?

angrydude
05-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Get Batman to fight (and presumably kill) Superman on behalf of some as of yet unseen 3rd party.

Blake
05-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Get Batman to fight (and presumably kill) Superman on behalf of some as of yet unseen 3rd party.

Oh...like how Zemo got Iron Man to fight Captain America.

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-12-2016, 05:42 PM

Except Cap and Stark actually had a legit reason to fight. And the fight wasnt called off because their moms had the same name :lol

Chinook
05-12-2016, 09:17 PM

He blackmailed Superman into fighting a Batman, who already wanted to kill him for reasons Lex set up, by kidnapping Superman's mother. He was the one building the tension for most of the movie, so it wasn't like a random plan at the end like it was in CW. Like had all the Avengers or really just anyone who else besides the three who showed up (not counting BP), there wouldn't have even been a fight. The group would have held Stark down, or in the very least, there would just be those two duking it out. There was no way that was going to result in the Avengers killing each other.

Blake
05-12-2016, 11:16 PM
He blackmailed Superman into fighting a Batman, who already wanted to kill him for reasons Lex set up, by kidnapping Superman's mother. He was the one building the tension for most of the movie, so it wasn't like a random plan at the end like it was in CW. Like had all the Avengers or really just anyone who else besides the three who showed up (not counting BP), there wouldn't have even been a fight. The group would have held Stark down, or in the very least, there would just be those two duking it out. There was no way that was going to result in the Avengers killing each other.

It's funny, it seems like everyone else seems to think that batman/supes plot was stupid while civil war was decent.

Go figure.

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2016, 11:30 PM
It's funny, it seems like everyone else seems to think that batman/supes plot was stupid while civil war was decent.

Go figure.

Civil war had comic relief BVS was serious the whole fucking time, nobody goes to comic book movies to be serious.

TheyCallMePro
05-12-2016, 11:54 PM
Another piece of Marvel garbage that's meant for 12 year old's but for some reason grown men go to see. PG 13 garbage.

Xevious
05-12-2016, 11:56 PM
Cap and Iron Man already had established tension from prior movies, so that part of it felt a little more organic though. The airport fight was pretty gratuitous admittedly, but still fun to watch.

blkroadrunners
05-13-2016, 01:48 AM

So maybe I missed it but what was the point in Zemo killing the super soldiers where he could have released them while Cap/Bucky and Iron Man were fighting

Pelicans78
05-13-2016, 02:20 AM
So maybe I missed it but what was the point in Zemo killing the super soldiers where he could have released them while Cap/Bucky and Iron Man were fighting

Basically he felt they were monsters and didn't want to release them because they could do as much as damage as the Avengers do.

lefty
05-13-2016, 02:57 AM
Basically he felt they were monsters and didn't want to release them because they could do as much as damage as the Avengers do.

Yup

lefty
05-13-2016, 02:58 AM
Except Cap and Stark actually had a legit reason to fight. And the fight wasnt called off because their moms had the same name :lol

"Your mom's name is Sarah and not Maria ????
I'm gonn kick your ass ! "

Sidenote : Tomei is a pretty hot milf

cd021
05-13-2016, 05:51 AM
saw it yesterday morning :tu :tu :tu fantastic. I prefer the captain America movies over any of the other MCU franchises and the X-Men and Batman trilogy. The black panther looked cool as shit, though I wish they had kept Garfield as Spider-man, I liked his take better than Holland and McGuire. Felt that the movie was well done and was impressed how all of the story lines interlocked and make were wrapped up by the end with out feeling too forced and without the movie dragging on to cram it into the ending.

cd021
05-13-2016, 05:53 AM
Civil war had comic relief BVS was serious the whole fucking time, nobody goes to comic book movies to be serious. It was a bit lighter than BVS but I did not laugh at it, not to say that I did not enjoy CACW. BVS reminded me of the Fantastic Four, way too serious. Even the Dark Night had some dark comedy, thanks to Ledger.

cd021
05-13-2016, 05:59 AM
Yeah, every time black widow got up after taking a beating, belief was suspended. I liked the opening fight scenes with her but I tend to question Scar Jo as the black window. She frequently over acts after stunt, that she did not do. It is really noticeable in Iron Man 2. They don't show her face during a stunt but they show her landing in an over the top fashion, just a pet peeve of mine.

cd021
05-13-2016, 06:09 AM
I think they pretty much have to. Some of these characters are going to have to die or retire if Marvel plans on keeping the MCU going indefinitely. These actors aren't going to stick around forever, and I don't think audiences are going to maintain interest if they recast people like Tony Stark. I said this in the other thread, but Evans is signed on through Infinity Wars, Stan is signed on for much longer. So if I had to guess, Rogers is going to die at some point and Bucky will take up the shield.

Marvel has done a good job filtering in new characters slowly and building up this universe, so I feel like it could survive a few deaths.
Didn't Falcon become Captain American as well? I would much rather see him than Bucky, Mackey has much more charisma.

cd021
05-13-2016, 06:38 AM
Lol it sucked, Winter Soldier was much better Haven't seen Antman, but I thought his lines were funny I liked Peter Parker, and I guess Spider-Man was faithful to the comics. He just wasn't funny though. Wish his in battle remarks were written a bit better. I like Garfield much better, he was a bit of dick but charming at the same time. Wish he could have been in it but Holland was ok, could have been better. Winter Soldier is probably my second favorite superhero movie behind this one. the first 45 minutes of CAWS were terrific.

Chinook
05-13-2016, 08:39 AM
Cap and Iron Man already had established tension from prior movies, so that part of it felt a little more organic though. The airport fight was pretty gratuitous admittedly, but still fun to watch.

The "established tension" was nothing. They were friends who had conflicting personalities. That's life. Batman saw Superman as an alien who could destroy the world or even worse, kill a bunch of people by accident. Superman thought Batman was a vigilante who had lost touch with right and wrong. It made sense that both not only disliked the other but that both would feel it was their duty to stop the other.

Blake
05-13-2016, 11:31 AM
The "established tension" was nothing. They were friends who had conflicting personalities. That's life. Batman saw Superman as an alien who could destroy the world or even worse, kill a bunch of people by accident.

all you got from CW was that it was just friends who had conflicting personalities?

Lol are you sure you saw the movie?

Spoiler. ...

Cause that whole scarlet witch thing in the beginning where she killed a bunch of people by accident. ...

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-13-2016, 11:44 AM
The "established tension" was nothing. They were friends who had conflicting personalities. That's life. Batman saw Superman as an alien who could destroy the world or even worse, kill a bunch of people by accident. Superman thought Batman was a vigilante who had lost touch with right and wrong. It made sense that both not only disliked the other but that both would feel it was their duty to stop the other.
And they literally actually fought for 2 seconds in the movie before "Martha" :lol

Chinook
05-13-2016, 12:00 PM
all you got from CW was that it was just friends who had conflicting personalities?

Lol are you sure you saw the movie?

Spoiler. ...

Cause that whole scarlet witch thing in the beginning where she killed a bunch of people by accident. ...

You need to go back and read the conversation into which you jumped. We were talking about before this movie.

Chinook
05-13-2016, 12:01 PM
And they literally actually fought for 2 seconds in the movie before "Martha" :lol

Um... That movie must have been like 10 seconds long for you then.

Blake
05-13-2016, 12:20 PM
You need to go back and read the conversation into which you jumped. We were talking about before this movie.

Neh, I'm discussing exactly what you posted right there. If you're done then you can go fuck yourself. Makes no difference to me.

I'm just loling at you going against the grain.

jeebus
05-13-2016, 12:27 PM
Civil war had comic relief BVS was serious the whole fucking time, nobody goes to comic book movies to be serious.

BvS was trying too hard to be like Nolan's shitty awful Batman movies. :cry lets make it dark and gritty! that'll show Marvel how to do things! :cry

Chinook
05-13-2016, 12:40 PM
He blackmailed Superman into fighting a Batman, who already wanted to kill him for reasons Lex set up

Cap and Iron Man already had established tension from prior movies

The "established tension" was nothing.

[QUOTE=Chinook;8588550]You need to go back and read the conversation into which you jumped. We were talking about before this movie.

Neh, I'm discussing exactly what you posted right there.

You're clearly not discussing what I was saying. You're just being an idiot.

If you're done then you can go fuck yourself. Makes no difference to me.

You say that so often when you find yourself making a gaffe. You just can't admit when you make a mistake. It's pathetic.

hitmanyr2k
05-13-2016, 03:46 PM

Cmon, let's not excuse the stupidity and laziness of how their pathetic fight was set up. First of all Superman shows no "dislike" for Batman at all. He's concerned but hardly "outraged" at what Batman is doing. And they hardly say a word to each other. Superman and Batman share the goddamn screen for the first time EVER and it's wasted on the dumbest dialogue possible that a fuckin 6 year old could write.

"The Bat is dead, bury it"
"Do you bleed?"

Who writes this stuff? And the worst part of it all is Batman was chasing guys blowing shit all to hell before he was stopped but Superman just gives those guys a pass because they're obviously just having kicks on a Friday night, with mini-guns :lol And right before they fight Superman doesn't give two shits about Batman. He doesn't care where Batman is. He doesn't care what Batman is doing. The only reason they fight is because Lex kidnaps Supe's mommy, gives him the villain monologue and forces him into it. There's no tension whatsoever. It's just two idiots fighting in the rain because Superman can't find the time or patience to get it through Batman's skull that he's being forced into this even though he has plenty of chances. The whole fight was set up in the most moronic way possible.

Blake
05-13-2016, 05:01 PM
You're clearly not discussing what I was saying. You're just being an idiot.

You say that so often when you find yourself making a gaffe. You just can't admit when you make a mistake. It's pathetic.

You said it was "just friends who had conflicting personalities" while batman thought superman would destroy innocent lives.

It's right there.

Pretend like you were talking about something else though.

And then fuck yourself.

spurraider21
05-13-2016, 05:16 PM
Saw the movie last night. Thought it was a lot of fun, better than avengers 2. Action sequences were great.

The main complaint I had was how ironman was baited into fighting bucky literally right after the bad guy tells them his exact plan. I get that stark is emotional about daddy stuff but that was a bit much. And like Chinook said, if more, less, or other avengers showed up the plan just wouldn't have made sense.

But again, I'm going into these movies to be entertained and it did a great job of that. People complaining about shit like "why doesn't scarlet witch just slam everyone through the ground" are just people who apparently want to watch a really boring movie with no conflict or tension

djohn2oo8
05-13-2016, 05:30 PM
slightly off topic, but Michael B Jordan has been added to the cast of Black Panther as a villian

Chinook
05-13-2016, 07:12 PM
You said it was "just friends who had conflicting personalities" while batman thought superman would destroy innocent lives.

It's right there.

Pretend like you were talking about something else though.

And then fuck yourself.

Friends with conflicting personalities' refers to pre-CW Cap and Stark. In no way was the tension in CW built up in the previous movies. It makes no sense to act like I was talking about the main conflict of CW (which was shitty for completely different reasons).

Honestly, I just don't get it. It's clear you're a completely intellectually dishonest most of the time. There's no way anyone could rationally misinterpret my quote. That you do that and then try to fling a stupid catchphrase at me while limping away is just sad.

Chinook
05-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Cmon, let's not excuse the stupidity and laziness of how their pathetic fight was set up. First of all Superman shows no "dislike" for Batman at all. He's concerned but hardly "outraged" at what Batman is doing. And they hardly say a word to each other. Superman and Batman share the goddamn screen for the first time EVER and it's wasted on the dumbest dialogue possible that a fuckin 6 year old could write.

"The Bat is dead, bury it"
"Do you bleed?"

Who writes this stuff? And the worst part of it all is Batman was chasing guys blowing shit all to hell before he was stopped but Superman just gives those guys a pass because they're obviously just having kicks on a Friday night, with mini-guns :lol And right before they fight Superman doesn't give two shits about Batman. He doesn't care where Batman is. He doesn't care what Batman is doing. The only reason they fight is because Lex kidnaps Supe's mommy, gives him the villain monologue and forces him into it. There's no tension whatsoever. It's just two idiots fighting in the rain because Superman can't find the time or patience to get it through Batman's skull that he's being forced into this even though he has plenty of chances. The whole fight was set up in the most moronic way possible.

"Do you bleed?" was stupid, I admit. The story had its problems for sure. But it made sense that superheroes who are either morally ambiguous or almost amoral would be seen by their peers as being threats. This isn't a case of Batman just being too arrogant or Superman being too goody-goody. Both were able to look at the other the way that fans see them -- especially the fans that spend so much time psychoanalyzing them. Like I do think that if those guys were real, humanity wouldn't universally welcome them. A large chunk would want them gone. It made a lot of sense. The Martha connection allowed Batman to think of Superman as a human for the first time. It's not the first time empathy has stopped a conflict. The name was the trigger, but it wasn't the reason. It was the fact that SM had a mother that he loved and wanted to save even if he was going to die. That touched Bruce because he's been trying to make up for not being able to save his mother all those years ago. He gets that feeling of helplessness, and he couldn't put someone else through that intentionally.

Could that have been smoother? Yes. But I thought the arcs made a lot of sense, and they were much easier to identify with when compared to CW. That conflict was fucking ridiculous.

UZER
05-13-2016, 07:35 PM
slightly off topic, but Michael B Jordan has been added to the cast of Black Panther as a villian

They better have white people in this movie or I'm calling racist.

lefty
05-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Lupita Nyongo is also in talks to play in BP

TDMVPDPOY
05-13-2016, 09:31 PM
fot those that say SM has super strength, is that due to the spider or the radioactive infuse spider?

then wouldnt every nuked superhero/villain also achieve those same strengths as his?

Xevious
05-14-2016, 12:19 AM
fot those that say SM has super strength, is that due to the spider or the radioactive infuse spider?

then wouldnt every nuked superhero/villain also achieve those same strengths as his?
His strength is supposed to be the same as a spider's proportionate to their weight.

DMC
05-14-2016, 12:34 AM
These are some queer movies. Grown ass men doing cosplay.

Darius McCrary
05-14-2016, 01:13 AM

WHERE THA FUCK'S WALLACE????

spurraider21
05-14-2016, 06:01 AM
cap america and stark did have a fight (albeit a short one) during avengers 2 in the lab before Thor interfered and created Vision

lets not act like there wasn't tension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwoMnuKAnXA

djohn2oo8
05-14-2016, 06:38 AM
cap america and stark did have a fight (albeit a short one) during avengers 2 in the lab before Thor interfered and created Vision

lets not act like there wasn't tension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwoMnuKAnXA

they also had tension from Avengers 1 . They have always kinda hated each other but respected each other at the same time. Until Civil War.

leemajors
05-14-2016, 10:34 AM
i think they did a pretty good job of adapting a shitty storyline from the comics.

cd021
05-14-2016, 01:51 PM

Good add, solid actor. I'm in on the Black Panther movie. Have not check but is he supposed to be in Infinity Wars?

cd021
05-14-2016, 01:54 PM
WHERE THA FUCK'S WALLACE????

:lol "Leave the boy be"

That scene was hard to watch tbh

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2016, 07:20 AM
if u have super powers >>> capt murica, why would u take orders from this clown? fck that roided up kent

Thread
05-15-2016, 10:49 AM

D M C

spurraider21
05-15-2016, 01:09 PM
^Philo

Darius McCrary
05-15-2016, 01:55 PM

Do you know how much sexy poon there is in the cosplay world?
Sexy ass rich suburban types that act all geeky and what not...flash them a few magic the gathering cards or somethin and you get a rim job, easily

lefty20
05-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Good add, solid actor. I'm in on the Black Panther movie. Have not check but is he supposed to be in Infinity Wars?

Pretty much all of MCU heroes are gonna be featured in Infinity Wars. That should include all of current Avengers, Guardians, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel and maybe even the Inhumans.

DMC
05-15-2016, 03:01 PM
Do you know how much sexy poon there is in the cosplay world?
Sexy ass rich suburban types that act all geeky and what not...flash them a few magic the gathering cards or somethin and you get a rim job, easily

No, because I never needed to dress up like a fairy to get pussy.

Darius McCrary
05-15-2016, 06:21 PM
No, because I never needed to dress up like a fairy to get pussy.

You're missin out, easier pickins for the rest of us :lol

jeebus
05-15-2016, 06:53 PM
And it is easy pickins beause so many disgusting fatbody neckbeards think they have a chance with a smoking hot slut in a princess leia costume, making us normal folks look like adonis.

djohn2oo8
05-15-2016, 07:13 PM
Marvel Cinematic Universe Crosses $10 Billion WorldwideThe second weekend take of Captain America: Civil War helped the Marvel Cinematic Universe cross $10 billion worldwide.
http://movieweb.com/marvel-cinematic-universe-10-billion-worldwide-box-office/

DMC
05-15-2016, 07:39 PM

Any woman willing to fuck you because you're dressed up like the Goodwill version of Captain America and toting a shield isn't someone I'd go that far to fuck.

djohn2oo8
05-15-2016, 07:43 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d5/47/e4/d547e487fc2519493cdd4ce5e367a793.jpg

Yeah DMC has no interest in these uggos at comic cons

djohn2oo8
05-15-2016, 07:46 PM
Love when a female is into Marvel and shit

https://faustuscrow.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/goetia_girls_sexy_captain_america_girl_lucid_dream _succubus_comic.jpg

DMC
05-15-2016, 07:57 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d5/47/e4/d547e487fc2519493cdd4ce5e367a793.jpg

Love when a female is into Marvel and shit

https://faustuscrow.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/goetia_girls_sexy_captain_america_girl_lucid_dream _succubus_comic.jpg

lol yeah putting on a costume would get you right into that pussy no problem.

Let's be more realistic here:

http://cdn2.kepolicio.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Halloween-Costume-at-Office-Dress-up-Competition-with-Brazilian-Colleague-dressed-as-Mortitia-Adams-in-Black-Wig-and-Vintage-Dress-3.jpg

http://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/pink-catgirl.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/cosplay17.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgYhvI19XbZ07XILYVXv4pewO_nE8UH 1Ycf1OCZ_TTQAeNsAPx

This is about 99.999% of what you'll see at those queer and Downs syndrome conventions. More your speed.

johnsmith
05-15-2016, 10:23 PM

:lol

johnsmith
05-15-2016, 10:27 PM

http://cdn2.kepolicio.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Halloween-Costume-at-Office-Dress-up-Competition-with-Brazilian-Colleague-dressed-as-Mortitia-Adams-in-Black-Wig-and-Vintage-Dress-3.jpg

http://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/pink-catgirl.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgYhvI19XbZ07XILYVXv4pewO_nE8UH 1Ycf1OCZ_TTQAeNsAPx

This is about 99.999% of what you'll see at those queer and Downs syndrome conventions. More your speed.

Lol

djohn2oo8
05-16-2016, 06:08 AM
DMC shouldn't be surprised when females think this shit is creepy as fuck

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/DMCHand_zps86eecc97.jpg

vander
05-16-2016, 09:04 AM
let's see, we could go find out who actually bombed the UN, and then go get him.

or instead, we could all just fight each other, and then most of us can volunteer for prison while the 3 relevant people go off and fight each other again...

meanwhile 5 deadly superhumans were killed by some nobody just as a side effect of his year long effort to show Iron Man a video.

the absence of Samuel Jackson was quite enjoyable though

Blake
05-16-2016, 10:32 AM
And it is easy pickins beause so many disgusting fatbody neckbeards think they have a chance with a smoking hot slut in a princess leia costume, making us normal folks look like adonis.

Lol

Blake
05-16-2016, 10:34 AM

You have as much chance with her there at comic con as you do during her night job sliding down poles

StrengthAndHonor
05-16-2016, 10:52 AM

DMC busting out his family picture album...

djohn2oo8
05-16-2016, 12:52 PM
You have as much chance with her there at comic con as you do during her night job sliding down poles

That only applies to cucks

Blake
05-16-2016, 01:12 PM
That only applies to cucks

It applies to you. You have 0 chance at picking up that chick at a nerd convention.

Darius McCrary
05-16-2016, 03:13 PM
Any woman willing to fuck you because you're dressed up like the Goodwill version of Captain America and toting a shield isn't someone I'd go that far to fuck.

Butthurt much brah? You musta been shot down hard to be so threatened by hot cosplay chicks :lol

DMC
05-16-2016, 04:03 PM
Butthurt much brah? You musta been shot down hard to be so threatened by hot cosplay chicks :lol

I'd never go into a situation where I had to encounter a bitch dressed like that unless it was a strip club and we know most of them are lesbians.

DMC
05-16-2016, 04:05 PM
DMC shouldn't be surprised when females think this shit is creepy as fuck

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/DMCHand_zps86eecc97.jpg
Because we all know hot pole dancer go for pudgy little Chinese men, right?

DMC
05-16-2016, 04:05 PM
DMC busting out his family picture album...
I've got you on a leash.

Darius McCrary
05-16-2016, 07:15 PM
I'd never go into a situation where I had to encounter a bitch dressed like that unless it was a strip club and we know most of them are lesbians.

Perhaps, but they still are almost always open for anal too. And that's cool, right?