PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: plan to trade for Paul George

whitemamba
05-04-2016, 02:23 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/lakers-make-big-run-at-paul-george/303429

The Reckoning
05-04-2016, 02:47 PM
they just need to demolish everything and rebuild

whitemamba
05-04-2016, 02:51 PM

nah tbh, we just need to assassinate JB.

baseline bum
05-04-2016, 02:57 PM
I can't see Indiana making that trade. Russell plus even the number 1 pick isn't enough for George.

Killakobe81
05-04-2016, 02:57 PM
ugggggh wish all these rumors would stop ...
No one knows shit ...

Mal
05-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Why the hell Indiana would do that ?

Robz4000
05-04-2016, 03:27 PM

Killakobe81
05-04-2016, 03:31 PM

They won't. Only way he comes is when his contract is expiring ...

LkrFan
05-04-2016, 04:06 PM
http://forums.lakersground.net/images/smiles/icon_puke.gif

DPG21920
As much as PG slobs Kobe, I definitely can see PG wanting to play in LA. It would definitely be worth it from LA's perspective for sure. But likely not enough talent on LA to entice INDY.

LkrFan

Why should the Lakers do that? Makes no sense.

DPG21920
05-04-2016, 04:09 PM

:lmao What? Paul George, being a sure thing, is worth the 3rd pick. Let me guess, you are high on D-Snitch?

05-04-2016, 04:21 PM

:lmao never change, laker fan

Mugen
05-04-2016, 04:23 PM

:lol

RsxPiimp
05-04-2016, 04:27 PM
if the opportunity presents itself, it will be very, very difficult not to grab the opportunity to acquire a 2 way player and perennial AS like Paul George :lol but you have to ask yourself. can paul George really lead the lakers back to contention? I'd say no.

im willing to roll the dice on ingram or simmons + our current young core. we have a good amount of cap space, use those on players/veterans that brings a whole lot of intangibles on and off the court.

the lakers need a new indentity, we need to bring that culture back. laker fans are usually impatient, i can wait though.

LkrFan
05-04-2016, 04:51 PM
:lmao What? Paul George, being a sure thing, is worth the 3rd pick. Let me guess, you are high on D-Snitch?

Too much to give up.

BTW, Malone, GP, Nash, Dwert were all proven vets. "A sure thing" doesn't guarantee shit.

Killakobe81
05-04-2016, 04:59 PM
if the opportunity presents itself, it will be very, very difficult not to grab the opportunity to acquire a 2 way player and perennial AS like Paul George :lol but you have to ask yourself. can paul George really lead the lakers back to contention? I'd say no.

im willing to roll the dice on ingram or simmons + our current young core. we have a good amount of cap space, use those on players/veterans that brings a whole lot of intangibles on and off the court.

the lakers need a new indentity, we need to bring that culture back. laker fans are usually impatient, i can wait though.

Amen, brother. Why not wait ?we cant fuck with Gstate right now anyways ...We cant even consistently beat the Clippers

whitemamba
05-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Amen, brother. Why not wait ?we cant fuck with Gstate right now anyways ...We cant even consistently beat the Clippers

We don't need to beat the Clippers, they beat themselves.

Killakobe81
05-04-2016, 05:12 PM
We don't need to beat the Clippers, they beat themselves.:lol

LkrFan
05-04-2016, 05:28 PM

This. We are finally "building thru the draft" like a lot of these farmers said we should. Then we go and throw it all away tryna take shortcuts again? Fuck that.

We are years away from contending with the big 3 (Dubs, Cavs, Spurs) anyway. Draft Ingram, make a few signings that make sense and let the kids grow under the tutelage of Luke.

We have a chance to be like 1992-1995 Lakers. Youthful team that was built through the draft with a few vets. They were fun to watch as they grew and matured. Then when the time was right - boom! Shaq and Kobe were acquired in 1996 to add to the mix. The rest was history.

DMC
05-04-2016, 05:29 PM
I don't know, but they traded Kawhi Leonard for George Hill.

DMC
05-04-2016, 05:30 PM
We don't need to beat the Clippers, they beat themselves.
and each other!

LkrFan
05-04-2016, 05:30 PM
I don't know, but they traded Kawhi Leonard for George Hill.

Shit was laughable. Worst than trading Tractor Traylor for some dude named Dirk. :lol

MultiTroll
05-04-2016, 05:33 PM
You can't consistently beat the Sixers.

Killakobe81
05-04-2016, 05:39 PM
This. We are finally "building thru the draft" like a lot of these farmers said we should. Then we go and throw it all away tryna take shortcuts again? Fuck that.

We are years away from contending with the big 3 (Dubs, Cavs, Spurs) anyway. Draft Ingram, make a few signings that make sense and let the kids grow under the tutelage of Luke.

We have a chance to be like 1992-1995 Lakers. Youthful team that was built through the draft with a few vets. They were fun to watch as they grew and matured. Then when the time was right - boom! Shaq and Kobe were acquired in 1996 to add to the mix. The rest was history.

Exactly.

DMC
05-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Shit was laughable. Worst than trading Tractor Traylor for some dude named Dirk. :lol
I'm thinking PorzinGod comes to SA through some crazy trade for Boban, Martin and some autographed pictures of the LOB.

spurraider21
05-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Too much to give up.

BTW, Malone, GP, Nash, Dwert were all proven vets. "A sure thing" doesn't guarantee shit.
malone was 40 and GP was 36 :lmao

and they still woulda won the chip if kobe didnt chuck them out of the finals with shaq dominating per par

whitemamba
05-04-2016, 05:59 PM
and each other!

LkrFan
05-04-2016, 06:00 PM

and they still woulda won the chip if kobe didnt chuck them out of the finals with shaq dominating per par

No. They lost because Slava Mother fuckin Medvedanko was asked to play vs the Wallace bros. :lol Total mismatch tbh.

Killakobe81
05-04-2016, 06:00 PM

No they would not Malone was injured GP was benched for Fish in key stretches and the Pistons beat our ass ...

05-04-2016, 06:22 PM
:lol trading the future of the franchise for Mr November

Do it Mitch

~O~
05-04-2016, 06:27 PM
I can't see Indiana making that trade. Russell plus even the number 1 pick isn't enough for George.

Is that the proposed trade? Their GM should get slapped twice in the face for that.

LkrFan
05-04-2016, 06:33 PM
:lol trading the future of the franchise for Mr November

Do it Mitch

spurraider21
05-04-2016, 06:35 PM
No. They lost because Slava Mother fuckin Medvedanko was asked to play vs the Wallace bros. :lol Total mismatch tbh.

No they would not Malone was injured GP was benched for Fish in key stretches and the Pistons beat our ass ...
shaq was eating the wallace bros alive but the cancer wanted a finals mvp for himself

https://i.gyazo.com/b5bf9cf49ed79a4dea5cde072bb64c26.png

:lmao 113 shots when shooting 38%

Clipper Nation
05-04-2016, 08:10 PM
:lol Fredo and Chazz are really operating as if Stern's still in charge and making all sorts of rigged trades happen.

ambchang
05-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Too much to give up.

They were sure things, then they got cancered.

LkrFan
05-04-2016, 08:38 PM
:lol Fredo and Chazz are really operating as if Stern's still in charge and making all sorts of rigged trades happen.

Yeah like the CP0 trade? :rolleyes

midnightpulp
05-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Why does this dumbass organization always want "names?"

Plan should be:

- Re-sign Clarkson. He'll be relatively cheap compared to other decent perimeter players, like DeRozan.

- If the team has forgiven D'Snitch, move forward with him. If not, I would look to trade him for something before the season starts. Yeah, don't trade from a position of weakness, but if there are indeed lockerroom issues with him, you want him gone before the season. He'll just be a distraction and will hold back development. A team out there will probably be willing to trade a 1st round pick and maybe some filler. I would take it and add more to the youth movement.

- Don't pursue Whiteside. Yet another overrated "name" player that won't fit at all with the Lakers. He has no outside jumper, just like Randle. Spacing will be shit for a penetrator like Clarkson. And spacing will be non-existent if they wind up drafting Simmons and playing him at SF.

- If they really want Whiteside and draft Simmons, then Randle has to be moved to pursue a stretch 4 or SF with an outside shot.

There's no quick fixes for the Lakers. It's going to be a 3-5 season development process before they are even attractable to a high profile free agent. No top-tier FA wants to come and play on a team that won 17 games last season. Lakers are just going to have to eat shit for a couple of more years, stack draft picks, develop their youth, and hope they turn into a Utah Jazz caliber team. A fringe playoff team that is just a "star" away from being a good team.

midnightpulp
05-04-2016, 09:05 PM

Why do Lakers fans constantly bring that up?

The NBA was the owner of the Hornets at that time. Their GM made a stupid trade, giving up the best PG in the league for shit (Odom on the decline and a Pau Gasol who just came off the worst playoff performance of his career). The trade made no sense for the Hornets. So the NBA, as the LEGAL OWNER of the franchise, veto'ed it, like any decent owner would do.

baseline bum
05-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Why does this dumbass organization always want "names?"

Plan should be:

- Re-sign Clarkson. He'll be relatively cheap compared to other decent perimeter players, like DeRozan.

- If the team has forgiven D'Snitch, move forward with him. If not, I would look to trade him for something before the season starts. Yeah, don't trade from a position of weakness, but if there are indeed lockerroom issues with him, you want him gone before the season. He'll just be a distraction and will hold back development. A team out there will probably be willing to trade a 1st round pick and maybe some filler. I would take it and add more to the youth movement.

- Don't pursue Whiteside. Yet another overrated "name" player that won't fit at all with the Lakers. He has no outside jumper, just like Randle. Spacing will be shit for a penetrator like Clarkson. And spacing will be non-existent if they wind up drafting Simmons and playing him at SF.

- If they really want Whiteside and draft Simmons, then Randle has to be moved to pursue a stretch 4 or SF with an outside shot.

There's no quick fixes for the Lakers. It's going to be a 3-5 season development process before they are even attractable to a high profile free agent. No top-tier FA wants to come and play on a team that won 17 games last season. Lakers are just going to have to eat shit for a couple of more years, stack draft picks, develop their youth, and hope they turn into a Utah Jazz caliber team. A fringe playoff team that is just a "star" away from being a good team.

The Lakers should look at signing Barnes. He's young, he can shoot, he has great size, and he's a quality defender. In the days of four year contracts and 4.5% raises these kind of gambles can't bite you too hard when they go wrong, and I imagine he'd jump at the chance to be a first option in a big market as long as the money is right. I mean they're going to lose their lottery pick next year anyways, so they should bring some vets in to try to steady that fucked up situation.

Killakobe81
05-04-2016, 09:31 PM
shaq was eating the wallace bros alive but the cancer wanted a finals mvp for himself

https://i.gyazo.com/b5bf9cf49ed79a4dea5cde072bb64c26.png

:lmao 113 shots when shooting 38%

Kobe shot horrible but we still dont win if he passes more we just lose in 6 or 7 instead of 5

RsxPiimp
05-04-2016, 09:35 PM
You don't trade d snitch now when his value is at its lowest mid, he has nowhere to go but UP especially with Kobe and B. Scott gone :lol The way I see it, he's going to benefit here the most and even if Luke Walton runs some of the most basic offensive sets, I'm willing to bet my sweet pinoy ass we'll see improvements across the board lmao

People have to realize how difficult was it for anyone not named Clarkson and Lou Williams to touch the ball and have some sort of continuity. These dudes were all yanked from games and rotations, unnecessarily mind you, just because Kobe's shooting them out of the games, "Kobe shooting 2/14? No problem, D'Angelo take a damn seat" :lmao

Same with Randle, keep him, for now. His rookie season was pretty solid, he racked what? 10 boards a game? This kid has a lot of potential. You keep these young players because they have great value. They give you decent numbers under a rookie pay scale...

People need not judge the Lakers future and talk about spacing, fit and etc based on what these players displayed under one of the most toughest situation a young and developing player could have lol

RsxPiimp
05-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Agree about Whiteside though, I can deal with his fundamental flaws but that motherfucker screams cancer once that nigga signs on the dotted line... I'd rather have fetus Berzelius

Clipper Nation
05-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Stern owned the Hornets and had veto powers, César. Just because he liked to make rigged trades happen for the Lakers doesn't mean he was dumb enough to be the owner on the other end of one :lol

Xevious
05-04-2016, 10:44 PM

StrengthAndHonor
05-05-2016, 09:46 AM
You don't trade d snitch now when his value is at its lowest mid, he has nowhere to go but UP especially with Kobe and B. Scott gone :lol The way I see it, he's going to benefit here the most and even if Luke Walton runs some of the most basic offensive sets, I'm willing to bet my sweet pinoy ass we'll see improvements across the board lmao

People have to realize how difficult was it for anyone not named Clarkson and Lou Williams to touch the ball and have some sort of continuity. These dudes were all yanked from games and rotations, unnecessarily mind you, just because Kobe's shooting them out of the games, "Kobe shooting 2/14? No problem, D'Angelo take a damn seat" :lmao

Same with Randle, keep him, for now. His rookie season was pretty solid, he racked what? 10 boards a game? This kid has a lot of potential. You keep these young players because they have great value. They give you decent numbers under a rookie pay scale...

People need not judge the Lakers future and talk about spacing, fit and etc based on what these players displayed under one of the most toughest situation a young and developing player could have lol

Agree. Keep those pieces for now, their values can only go up from now. Lakers have no expectations so it's the best situation to pad some stats. No one will be under a microscope since they're all young going into their sophomore seasons. I remember how people overhyped the trio of Mashburn-Kidd and Jim Jackson in Dallas, they had immense value because of potential.

I think D'Angelo will break the 20 point mark, 6 assist and 5 rebound average in year 3.

Brazil
05-05-2016, 01:57 PM

:lmao... Lakers could give the entire roster plus the pick and still worth it