PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: LOL ROCKETS

Clipper Nation
05-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Former NBA head coach Mike D'Antoni was in Houston this week interviewing for the Houston Rockets (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/hou/houston-rockets)' vacant coaching position, ESPN.com has learned.

Sources told ESPN.com that D'Antoni, currently an associate head coach with the Philadelphia 76ers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/phi/philadelphia-76ers), spent Wednesday in Houston after the Rockets secured permission from the Sixers to speak with him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15465172/houston-rockets-interviewed-mike-dantoni-vacant-head-coach-position

:lmao:lmao:lmao

StrengthAndHonor
05-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Wow, James Harden and D'Antoni is a match made in heaven lol.

RsxPiimp
05-04-2016, 11:31 PM
"pick me! pick me!!!"

http://m.memegen.com/mqi4dw.jpg

djohn2oo8
05-04-2016, 11:34 PM
You should know how these things go. Most coaches get a courtesy interview. 15 is the total of expected interviews. I'm just glad no one traded draft picks for McHale...

lefty
05-04-2016, 11:37 PM
http://ultraimg.com/images/1g6jyc.gif

spurraider21
05-04-2016, 11:40 PM
coach why did they lose today?

"gahz just didnt make shahts"

Double-Up
05-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Former NBA head coach Mike D'Antoni was in Houston this week interviewing for the Houston Rockets (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/hou/houston-rockets)' vacant coaching position, ESPN.com has learned.

Sources told ESPN.com that D'Antoni, currently an associate head coach with the Philadelphia 76ers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/phi/philadelphia-76ers), spent Wednesday in Houston after the Rockets secured permission from the Sixers to speak with him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15465172/houston-rockets-interviewed-mike-dantoni-vacant-head-coach-position

Clippers...enough said.

StrengthAndHonor
05-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Clippers...enough said.

Sir, please don't laugh at us. We are in a much, much better position than the Rockets.

Chris
05-05-2016, 10:15 AM
coach why did they lose today?

"gahz just didnt make shahts"

:lmao Pringles

Killakobe81
05-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Mike D is not the worst choice ...
if you wanna forget defense and focus on offense ...
Harden will score well in that system ...but he would score well inmost systems
I think Montejunas will also thrive

Caltex2
05-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Sir, please don't laugh at us. We are in a much, much better position than the Rockets.

And they have won so many more playoff series than the Rockets as well over the years (and no, I'm not bringing up stuff from when Clinton was in office).

djohn2oo8
05-05-2016, 12:40 PM

Doc Rivers making almost as much as Steph Curry :lol

Raven
05-05-2016, 12:47 PM
:lmao

Killakobe81
05-05-2016, 01:25 PM

What part was so funny?
Mike D is good on offense ...
Mike D's teams suck at defense ...
Harden would do well in his system ...
I think Montejuenas being a Euro type player would thrive in a system that was invented buy a euro style coach ...

Raven
05-05-2016, 01:28 PM
What part was so funny?
I think Montejuenas being a Euro type player would thrive in a system that was invented buy a euro style coach ...

uhhh... i can't even...

Ginobilly
05-05-2016, 01:51 PM
What part was so funny?

If you wanna score a lot of points, bring more fans in, run n gun, lose in the 1st/2n round, sure why not!:lmao

Killakobe81
05-05-2016, 01:55 PM
If you wanna score a lot of points, bring more fans in, run n gun, lose in the 1st/2n round, sure why not!:lmao

That was my point.
I am not defending Mike D as title worthy coach ... and I doubt he can get HArden to play defense.
But he plays a fan friendly system ...

AlexJones
05-05-2016, 04:27 PM
+EV move

RsxPiimp
05-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Per ESPN, rockets are also entertaining the idea of brining Kenny the jet smith as an assistant coach

Dex
05-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Per ESPN, rockets are also entertaining the idea of brining Kenny the jet smith as an assistant coach

If that will save us all from his insufferable yelling into the mic on All-Star Saturday, please god let this happen.

05-05-2016, 07:53 PM
If that will save us all from his insufferable yelling into the mic on All-Star Saturday, please god let this happen.
:tu

DMC
05-05-2016, 08:45 PM
No you aren't. Both of you were put down in the 1st round. Both of you have next to zero chance of winning a title in the next 3 years. You happen to have a coach, but fwiw you'd be better off if you didn't. At least Bickerstaff didn't bring his son onto the team.

AlexJones
05-05-2016, 09:41 PM
@djoin2oo8 already on suicide watch, will be offed tomorrow when Altuve gets busted for PEDs tbh

StrengthAndHonor
05-05-2016, 11:24 PM
No you aren't. Both of you were put down in the 1st round. Both of you have next to zero chance of winning a title in the next 3 years. You happen to have a coach, but fwiw you'd be better off if you didn't. At least Bickerstaff didn't bring his son onto the team.
Ok, whatever. We lost 2 of our main guys. I can live with that. The Rockets were in full force all season long and they barely made the playoffs.

Pride before the fall, DMC. Spurs are next.

djohn2oo8
05-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Ok, whatever. We lost 2 of our main guys. I can live with that. The Rockets were in full force all season long and they barely made the playoffs.

Pride before the fall, DMC. Spurs are next.

Paying your GM/coach 10 million dollars to do absolute jack shit. :lol

StrengthAndHonor
05-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Paying your GM/coach 10 million dollars to do absolute jack shit. :lol
I'm not defending that move and his time is running out but we've managed to turn our franchise literally overnight from a bottom dweller into a title contender. Rockets and it's fans are living off B2B championships from 2 decades ago, and they won when competition was at its weakest :lol

StrengthAndHonor
05-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Stuck with Harden :lol

djohn2oo8
05-05-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm not defending that move and his time is running out but we've managed to turn our franchise literally overnight from a bottom dweller into a title contender. Rockets and it's fans are living off B2B championships from 2 decades ago, and they won when competition was at its weakest :lol

You cannot be a title contender and not have one single conference finals appearance. And yeah thats true, at least the Rockets don't hang up selfie banners

StrengthAndHonor
05-06-2016, 12:08 AM
You cannot be a title contender and not have one single conference finals appearance. And yeah thats true, at least the Rockets don't hang up selfie banners
We beat the Spurs last year, they were the defending champions. That makes us a title contender, whats the point of bragging WCF appearance when the warriors practically used you as target practice :rolleyes

djohn2oo8
05-06-2016, 05:42 AM
We beat the Spurs last year, they were the defending champions. That makes us a title contender, whats the point of bragging WCF appearance when the warriors practically used you as target practice :rolleyes

:lol beating the Spurs makes you a title contender? Then what what does losing a 3-1 lead make you?

Killakobe81
05-06-2016, 06:40 AM

Wow, serious shots fired on both sides ...:corn:

RsxPiimp
05-06-2016, 03:05 PM
no dog in this fight and SH is a cool dude, but clippa fans needs to zip it whenever people talk about championships, it's like a kid tryin to butt in when grown men talk :lol

Clipper Nation
05-06-2016, 03:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0hPSoTZ.jpg

:lmao Photoshopped selfies
:lmao The Begging: Houston Edition

DMC
05-07-2016, 02:23 PM
Lol no.

sook
05-07-2016, 02:36 PM

To my fellow rockets fans, this is actually true. Doesn't mean we won't get there soon, but as of now the LAC are much better poised to contend.

sook
05-07-2016, 02:41 PM
:lmao did they seriously just unbold me after like 9 yrs ? :lol

w.e

djohn2oo8
05-07-2016, 03:00 PM
:lmao did they seriously just unbold me after like 9 yrs ? :lol

w.e

wow wth

djohn2oo8
05-07-2016, 03:03 PM
To my fellow rockets fans, this is actually true. Doesn't mean we won't get there soon, but as of now the LAC are much better poised to contend.

They aren't in any better position to contend. Unless Doc Rivers is gifted with Allen/Pierce/Garnett with Thibs as his assistant again.

djohn2oo8
05-07-2016, 03:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0hPSoTZ.jpg

:lmao Photoshopped selfies
:lmao The Begging: Houston Edition

You want to talk about begging after that shitshow with Deandre Jordan? :lmao

Clipper Nation
05-07-2016, 03:45 PM
You want to talk about begging after that shitshow with Deandre Jordan? :lmao
I was on record as saying the whole thing was pathetic and DJ would never be worth the money. But still, photoshopped selfies :lmao

http://i.imgur.com/ufENpa3.jpg

:lol Thinking a fucking iPad was a more appealing pitch for Bosh than getting to play with LeBron and Wade
:lol Morey

djohn2oo8
05-07-2016, 03:52 PM
I was on record as saying the whole thing was pathetic and DJ would never be worth the money. But still, photoshopped selfies :lmao

http://i.imgur.com/ufENpa3.jpg

:lol Thinking a fucking iPad was a more appealing pitch for Bosh than getting to play with LeBron and Wade
:lol Morey

it is apples to oranges. You have a market like LA, and a market like Houston. You really shouldn't have to beg players to come play in LA. That is goddamn laughable.

sook
05-08-2016, 02:51 AM
wow wth

shot Kori an email. Kinda crazy, I looked at my name and was confused for a couple of seconds.

If not, oh well.

In regards to the Clipps, my point that they are in a better position than the rockets is the cancerous culture that Les and Morey have built. Add Harden's prima dona selfish attitude to the mix and you have a turd stew with shaq's but sweat mixed together.

Caltex2
05-08-2016, 03:18 AM

Insufferable at All-Star Saturday? What about his insufferable rants on ItNBA? Check that, the Rockets need to bring in Barkley, though it'll never happen as he hates the Rockets organization. If I hear him say turrible one more time, I'm gonna scream. They should also bring in Jalen Rose, at least Barkley is funny without trying, Rose tries to be funny. Same with Shaq, someone nab him as an assistant, ANYONE!

How did I get to this part of the conversation? Anyways, I hope the part about Kenny was a joke.

Biernutz
05-08-2016, 03:26 AM
Please please pick D'Antoni. :lmao

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/my_nipples.gif

djohn2oo8
05-08-2016, 07:41 AM
shot Kori an email. Kinda crazy, I looked at my name and was confused for a couple of seconds.

If not, oh well.

In regards to the Clipps, my point that they are in a better position than the rockets is the cancerous culture that Les and Morey have built. Add Harden's prima dona selfish attitude to the mix and you have a turd stew with shaq's but sweat mixed together.

The prima donna selfish narrative is false. If that applied to anyone this year its Howard, who rubbed EVERYONE the wrong way.

sook
05-08-2016, 09:57 AM
The prima donna selfish narrative is false. If that applied to anyone this year its Howard, who rubbed EVERYONE the wrong way.

Oh yea, Howard is definitely one...but Harden...:lol

Dude doesn't take the team bus, isn't part of huddles, openly said the roster needs to get better (which is true but you don't say that).

sook
05-08-2016, 09:58 AM
And now my name is black, well I don't mind being a spurs fan for the next couple of weeks :lol

Props to Kori for taking care of it like in an hr, I can see my notification now too :tu

Clipper Nation
05-08-2016, 11:03 AM
it is apples to oranges. You have a market like LA, and a market like Houston. You really shouldn't have to beg players to come play in LA. That is goddamn laughable.
Houston is also a top 10 media market. You guys shouldn't have to beg either :lol

djohn2oo8
05-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Houston is also a top 10 media market. You guys shouldn't have to beg either :lol

Come on now, Houston is a shitty sports town with a shitty apathetic fanbase and a media who tosses softball questions. Guys would rather live and play in LA or NY than Houston 9 out of 10 times, (Dwight :lol) one reason is because of the weather. Guys can make more in endorsements in cities like LA and NY than here.

Caltex2
05-08-2016, 03:58 PM

We'll see how the off-season goes. The Rockets have as many playoff series wins in the last 10 seasons as the Clippers and more conference finals appearances. The Rockets over the long haul have been a better organization and I'm sure Morey will bring in another big name once Howard leaves.

Caltex2
05-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Come on now, Houston is a shitty sports town with a shitty apathetic fanbase and a media who tosses softball questions. Guys would rather live and play in LA or NY than Houston 9 out of 10 times, (Dwight :lol) one reason is because of the weather. Guys can make more in endorsements in cities like LA and NY than here.

The weather is not extraordinarily better in LA than in Houston. It's better but not that much better. And while New York is the media capital, the winter weather sucks and playing in front of the bright lights can be intimidating. Many players, even those who never play(ed) for the Rockets, like Houston for a number of reasons.

djohn2oo8
05-08-2016, 04:19 PM
The weather is not extraordinarily better in LA than in Houston. It's better but not that much better. And while New York is the media capital, the winter weather sucks and playing in front of the bright lights can be intimidating. Many players, even those who never play(ed) for the Rockets, like Houston for a number of reasons.

The humidity is better in those places. It sucks here in the summer.

lefty
05-17-2016, 09:09 PM
:lol 2nd interview

Thread
05-17-2016, 09:15 PM

I don't know how you stand it. I'd go out of my mind.

RsxPiimp
05-17-2016, 09:18 PM

:rollin

djohn2oo8
05-17-2016, 09:45 PM

Morey wants JVG. Alexander wants Dantoni, - Marc Stein.

Not surprising though. Jew faggot lucked into a championship team and hasnt done shit since.

djohn2oo8
05-17-2016, 10:40 PM
so no 2nd interview with D'antoni?

The Rockets have had follow-up conversations in the past few days with several of the coaching candidates under consideration as they have narrowed their field of coaches under consideration, a person with knowledge of the process said on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of talks.

They have not begun a second round of more formal interviews to select a successor for Kevin McHale and J.B. Bickerstaff

ESPN reported on Tuesday that former Suns, Knicks and Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni has been "summoned" to have a second interview with the Rockets and particularly with Rockets owner Leslie Alexander. But according to two individuals involved in the process, an additional formal interview is not scheduled with D'Antoni.

The Rockets have met with former Suns coach Jeff Hornacek, former Cavaliers coach David Blatt, Clippers assistant Sam Cassell, Hornets assistant Stephen Silas and Rockets assistant Chris Finch. Former Pacers coach Frank Vogel and Spurs assistant Ettore Messina are also part of the process, a person with knowledge of talks said though without specifying on whether they have completed interviews.

djohn2oo8
05-17-2016, 10:41 PM
http://m.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/The-Rockets-follow-up-with-candidates-as-the-7562173.php?cmpid=twitter-mobile

Caltex2
05-18-2016, 01:11 AM

The problem is they are the "other" team. Even to this day the Lakers are the more glamourus franchise and the Clips have done little to take advantage of their worst stretch ever.

Caltex2
05-18-2016, 01:22 AM

And the winter is horrid in most NBA locales, what's the difference? Plus, most of the NBA season is played in the dead of winter.

Morey wants JVG. Alexander wants Dantoni, - Marc Stein.

Not surprising though. Jew faggot lucked into a championship team and hasnt done shit since.

You mean other than bringing in superstar after superstar? It's not his fault the West has been abnormally tough the last 15 years and half his superstars underachieve or get injured, if not both. Had he been in the east, he'd have fallen into 2-3 Finals appearances like the Nets or Cavs (the Cavs are at least legit now).

You can criticize him, but he's been a good owner. Would you rather be Milwaukee? Or Minnesota? There are some teams out there that never turn heads.

Thebesteva
05-18-2016, 01:57 AM
Mike D\Byron Scott\Mike brown...how the F do these guys keep ending up back in the NBA as head coaches? Assistant coaches at best

Thread
05-18-2016, 05:45 AM
Mike D\Byron Scott\Mike brown...how the F do these guys keep ending up back in the NBA as head coaches? Assistant coaches at best

The NBA is like any other male dominated American corporate institution. It's commanded by a good old boy network.

djohn2oo8
05-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Caltex, dont give me that shit about how Les hasn't been a bad owner. You dont give a shit about winning when you draft a 7'6 chinaman, and ignoring that he would breakdown. And now the stupid fuck is really considering D'antoni, try to copy GS offense. Smh.

djohn2oo8
05-18-2016, 12:58 PM
i never wanted JVG, but i would take him over D'antoni. Goon motherfucker too egomanical to swallow his pride and hire JVG.

angrydude
05-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Anyone who thinks Morey is the problem in Houston is a complete moron. It is and always has been the goddamn retarded owner.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Jeff Van Gundy is no longer a candidate for the Houston Rockets' head coaching vacancy.

Van Gundy and the Rockets had mutual interest in a reunion.

Dijon :lmao

Indazone
05-18-2016, 01:53 PM
Time to bring back the Pringles/Popovitch rivalry LOL

Indazone
05-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Van Gundy Basketball was always about formation defense, everyone knowing their place on the floor during transition and half court. Problem is, this translated into ugly no transition offense basketball. Very ugly basketball. Back in the day, the Phoenix Suns had our number. They burned us like dried tinder.

Indazone
05-18-2016, 01:58 PM
Pringles is the epitomy of what the Rockets are trying to accomplish. All you have to do is look at the Rio Grande Vipers.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/only-3-pointers-and-layups-the-rio-grande-valley-vipers-on-the-grantland-channel/

More three pointers and layups than any other NBDL team.

It's what Les wants and what Les wants, Les gets.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2016, 02:14 PM

Y'all took your sweet ass time only to hire dat dude :lmao

Robz4000
05-18-2016, 02:18 PM
:lmao holy shit Rockets

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 02:20 PM

Told y'all
The figured "forget defense ...Harden doesnt play any" :lol
We gonna SSOL y'all to death ...:toast

Im on fire lately with calls and predictions I was only wrong about ....

:flag:
:bobo

RsxPiimp
05-18-2016, 02:24 PM

Harden be like :lol

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MMJJZSAOOak/UWcC3JPE0DI/AAAAAAAAHPo/EgT9ztccs78/s640/James+Harden+Creepy.gif

spursistan
05-18-2016, 02:26 PM
:lmao Pringles for a team that's been Dumpster fire right where he sucks balls..

baseline bum
05-18-2016, 02:33 PM
The weather is not extraordinarily better in LA than in Houston. It's better but not that much better.

Are you serious? If you live on the west side of LA summer temps are usually in the 70s. No thunderstorms, no crazy humidity. Night time is cool in LA instead of a sauna like Houston.

Indazone
05-18-2016, 02:40 PM
I dunno, Pringles too the Spurs to 7 games and it could be argued that the benching of Stoudemire and Diaw in 2007 swung the series over to the Spurs. You gots to have the horses to make a run. All the other teams D'Antoni coached did not have the horses like that 2007 Phoenix team.

Granted the Rockets don't have the horses either but that's on Morey. The team is supposed to be designed to be an offensive three point shooting team. Problem is, we don't have any premium three point shooters. Morey traded them all away.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Are you serious? If you live on the west side of LA summer temps are usually in the 70s. No thunderstorms, no crazy humidity. Night time is cool in LA instead of a sauna like Houston.

Yes, he is talking crazy.
No one is beating LA weather if you avoid the valleys and the desert
if you can get close to the beach it's even better ...

StrengthAndHonor
05-18-2016, 02:46 PM
Harden be like :lol

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MMJJZSAOOak/UWcC3JPE0DI/AAAAAAAAHPo/EgT9ztccs78/s640/James+Harden+Creepy.gif

:lol...

baseline bum
05-18-2016, 03:01 PM
I dunno, Pringles too the Spurs to 7 games and it could be argued that the benching of Stoudemire and Diaw in 2007 swung the series over to the Spurs. You gots to have the horses to make a run. All the other teams D'Antoni coached did not have the horses like that 2007 Phoenix team.

No he didn't. The Spurs destroyed them in Game 6 to take the series.

baseline bum
05-18-2016, 03:29 PM

LA weather is amazing, but for summertime Colorado can definitely compete too.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 03:41 PM
Of course I am speaking year-round ...
Summertime in Seattle is amazing.
It sucks 10-11 months of the year ...
but man when it's nice it does rival any place I have been ...

Upstate NY Rochester/Buffalo has a nice late spring early summer too

Indazone
05-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Still I remember that series as an epic series with all the requisite drama. That Sun's team was good.

spursistan
05-18-2016, 05:39 PM

not even a token interview :wow...

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 05:45 PM

not even a token interview :wow...

JVG's love of Houston is so unbridle and unrequited ...
Not sure why he always overrates them ...
I thought he was no brainer, even though I think he is a overrated as well.

I also dont think he is all that great of an announcer.
He is smart, sometimes funny but annoying.
combined with Mjackson just not my faves

djohn2oo8
05-18-2016, 06:23 PM
So this shitty piece of a franchise wants to hire D'antoni so Dwight will opt out. Yes that is legit happening.

lefty
05-18-2016, 06:33 PM
:lol Cuckets

DMC
05-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Mike D will be fine for the Rockets, they have the horses they need to run. Howard though has to be scratching his head.. "how the fuck does this keep happening to me?"

djohn2oo8
05-18-2016, 06:38 PM
There had been significant support within the Rockets’ front office for a reunion with Van Gundy, but it became apparent that owner Leslie Alexander was uncertain about restoring the partnership, league sources said.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--jeff-van-gundy-out-of-running-for-rockets-job-190308275.html
And D'antoni who likes to stab people in the back is going to work out so much smoother :lmao

lefty
05-18-2016, 06:44 PM
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/gif/6011693ff5a833e35320ff5bce085a612f5eb2ee.gif

http://i.imgur.com/cz7EP.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/cz7EP.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-02nwYbkC7Y4/UB7h6hNhS8I/AAAAAAAACKU/OyvQdLJofGk/s320/jeff-van-gundy-staring.gif

DMC
05-18-2016, 07:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cz7EP.gif

lol

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 07:22 PM
Dwight wants to have his ass licked ...
And Cubes will be happy to oblige ...
Funny thing is if they get Dwight ...
his buddy Parsons cant get the contract he wants ...
If they keep dirk dwill at decent $

Caltex2
05-18-2016, 11:58 PM

Like I said, it's better than Houston. I've lived in both places.

Caltex2
05-19-2016, 12:04 AM
Caltex, dont give me that shit about how Les hasn't been a bad owner. You dont give a shit about winning when you draft a 7'6 chinaman, and ignoring that he would breakdown. And now the stupid fuck is really considering D'antoni, try to copy GS offense. Smh.

Then don't ever buy another car. Just acknowledge the fact its going to break down eventually and don't watse your time. That's about the same logic you're now using.

Van Gundy Basketball was always about formation defense, everyone knowing their place on the floor during transition and half court. Problem is, this translated into ugly no transition offense basketball. Very ugly basketball. Back in the day, the Phoenix Suns had our number. They burned us like dried tinder.

Actually the Rockets were the one team that could hang with the Suns while they were healthy, which was pretty much never.

DMC
05-19-2016, 12:06 AM
Dwight wants to have his ass licked ...
And Cubes will be happy to oblige ...
Funny thing is if they get Dwight ...
his buddy Parsons cant get the contract he wants ...
If they keep dirk dwill at decent $
That shit doesn't even rhyme.

Gummi Clutch
05-19-2016, 01:37 AM
which would make sense considering its that poster

05-19-2016, 06:21 AM
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/gif/6011693ff5a833e35320ff5bce085a612f5eb2ee.gif

http://i.imgur.com/cz7EP.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/cz7EP.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-02nwYbkC7Y4/UB7h6hNhS8I/AAAAAAAACKU/OyvQdLJofGk/s320/jeff-van-gundy-staring.gif

:lol

spursistan
05-19-2016, 11:55 AM

Damn, back when Mark Jackson didn't weight like a hippo..dude fuckin ballooned :lol

RsxPiimp
05-19-2016, 11:56 AM

:lol...

Clipper Nation
05-19-2016, 12:26 PM
:lol Rockets
:lol Miss McHale yet?

Thread
05-19-2016, 12:34 PM

I said it first. Me

djohn2oo8
05-19-2016, 12:46 PM

:lol Made it out of the second round yet?

DMC
05-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Rockets can't do much worse than McHale.

spursistan
05-19-2016, 01:01 PM

det culture change about to take roots in Rockets land :lol

spursistan
05-19-2016, 01:17 PM

StrengthAndHonor
05-19-2016, 01:23 PM
Houston becoming a joke of a franchise again overnight :lol

sook
05-19-2016, 02:32 PM

Clutchfans throwing shade :lol

Anyways I'm glad I'm done with the rockets.

djohn2oo8
05-19-2016, 02:36 PM

If anyone else wants to talk shit about the Rockets i dont mind. But a Clipper fan? Didn't you guys blame Donald Sterling being a racist for not winning? Not being able to take advantage of the LA market while the Lakers are down is a complete joke.

Budkin
05-19-2016, 02:38 PM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2qvvceu.jpg

Clipper Nation
05-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Do-da do-da do-do-do-do do-do-do D'ANTONIIII!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

djohn2oo8
05-19-2016, 06:27 PM
Do-da do-da do-do-do-do do-do-do D'ANTONIIII!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

Corey Brewer and Josh Smith 4th quarter.

Indazone
05-19-2016, 07:58 PM
Coangelo liked him. He was a Team USA coach. Harden has already played for him. Cant be any worse than Bickerstaff. I am willing to give him a chance. I think his coaching best mirrors what the Rockets are trying to do as evidence by the Rio Grande Vipers. The Rockets Farm team. They shoot the most threes and layups of all NBDL teams. D'antoni will get the team up and running, its his transition and half court defense that needs work but a good assistant can work wonders. The main problem is getting the horses to run this style of basketball and thats on Morey. The way I see it, Morey needs to get rid of the slow over the hill bricking players like Brewer, Terry, Howard, J Smith etc. for some stallions that can run, penetrate, dish and shoot the three. We are sorely lacking in that department.

Clipper Nation
05-19-2016, 08:19 PM
Corey Brewer and Josh Smith 4th quarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xhulZeZUh0

StrengthAndHonor
05-19-2016, 08:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xhulZeZUh0

djohn2oo8
05-19-2016, 09:49 PM
pczpXgjFuu0

StrengthAndHonor
05-19-2016, 09:51 PM
pczpXgjFuu0
Cherish those memories, you guys will not be seeing the playoffs anytime soon.:lol

djohn2oo8
05-19-2016, 10:27 PM
Cherish those memories, you guys will not be seeing the playoffs anytime soon.:lol
Clips won't be seeing the 3rd round ever. That's all all time choke. Everyone will cherish it.

djohn2oo8
05-19-2016, 10:28 PM
0VPGaOV6fzI

G'nite fellas

Thread
05-19-2016, 10:29 PM
0VPGaOV6fzI

G'nite fellas

Sleep tight, you big bozonuts, you.

Clipper Nation
05-19-2016, 10:50 PM
pczpXgjFuu0

I like these highlights better, tbh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdVFwaJtEkE

Clipper Nation
05-19-2016, 10:53 PM
:lol Cucktoni being put in his place by Phil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-p_PudYj38

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Go sit down!"

baseline bum
05-19-2016, 11:00 PM
I like these highlights better, tbh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdVFwaJtEkE

This video will never stop being hilarious :lmao

Caltex2
05-20-2016, 03:41 AM
Rockets can't do much worse than McHale.

Actually they can. For all my criticism of McHale, he was at least a solid game manager. For a poor coach, look at Isiah Thompson (yes not Thomas). He has the anti-Midas touch in that everything he touches turns to stone.

Caltex2
05-20-2016, 03:46 AM

The Clippers are good and they're a joke of a franchise.

djohn2oo8
05-20-2016, 06:51 AM
The Clippers are good and they're a joke of a franchise.

Killakobe81
05-20-2016, 07:51 AM
Rockets were never gonna win the title as constructed.
The #1 job of the rox coach is to get Harden's mind right and to at least give a comparable effort on defense that he gave Team USA. Give him enough support on offense and a system less reliant on his iso-Joe, step back style. use him more like OKC did at the end as a play-maker but he needs another reliable scorer. Problem is not sure Mike D is the right guy to help him on defense. On offense, yes. I think Mike D will use him as a Nash/Joe Johnson hybrid. Problem is no traditional PG will want to play with Harden ... he needs a Derek Fisher (prime) PG next to him ...but that guy also has to be a good defender too.

Killakobe81
05-20-2016, 07:58 AM
I know his shaqtin' the fool moments are hilarious ...
And I do think he is "odd"
But unlike most I have not given up on Harden.
I see no scenario where he can lead a team to a title.
But I do think he could be a real #1's wingman on a title team.
He sacrificed plenty to win at OKC and ASU ... that was before his ego grew ...
But I woldnt give up on him if I was the Rox, dude is a special talent ...

djohn2oo8
05-20-2016, 09:35 AM
The #1 job of the rox coach is to get Harden's mind right and to at least give a comparable effort on defense that he gave Team USA. Give him enough support on offense and a system less reliant on his iso-Joe, step back style. use him more like OKC did at the end as a play-maker but he needs another reliable scorer. Problem is not sure Mike D is the right guy to help him on defense. On offense, yes. I think Mike D will use him as a Nash/Joe Johnson hybrid. Problem is no traditional PG will want to play with Harden ... he needs a Derek Fisher (prime) PG next to him ...but that guy also has to be a good defender too.

What if Lionel Hollins joins the staff?

Thread
05-20-2016, 09:40 AM

You ain't changin' Harden. You can see it in his eyes and in/how everything he does. He got himself out of Oklahoma so he could do exactly what he's doing now. Maybe that Presti (is that OKC guy?) smelled a rat. Maybe that's why they let him drift away.

He's Houston's problem now. They'll either trade him, or, he'll stay there and rot.

DMC
05-20-2016, 09:51 AM
Presti let him go because he couldn't pay 3 max contracts.

Thread
05-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Presti let him go because he couldn't pay 3 max contracts.

That's the cover the story, but, I'd like to hear what Sam told Mrs. Presti. You always tell the wife the truth. You regret it, swear you'll never tell her again, but, you do.

Killakobe81
05-20-2016, 10:10 AM
That's the cover the story, but, I'd like to hear what Sam told Mrs. Presti. You always tell the wife the truth. You regret it, swear you'll never tell her again, but, you do.

They could have, they chose not to ...
It may have cost them both Ibaka and Perkins but they could have had all 3 on max deals ...
simmons did a story about that on grantland ...
They would have been paying Luxury tax for two years AND would have had to cut both bigs but they could have and should have made it work ...

But Cully is right he wanted to be the "star" so I think that is part of why they did the deal as well ...

Indazone
05-20-2016, 10:11 AM
I would give the new coach one season to see if he can get Harden to play the right way. If he can't, then I blow the team up and start over.

DMC
05-20-2016, 11:42 AM
It's the only reason. Harden sans any defense is better than Reggie Jackson and Dion Waiters combined. There was a time when Harden played a little defense.. a little. Harden wanted spotlight. He got it. Blemishes become apparent in the big cosmetic mirror.

DMC
05-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Actually they can. For all my criticism of McHale, he was at least a solid game manager. For a poor coach, look at Isiah Thompson (yes not Thomas). He has the anti-Midas touch in that everything he touches turns to stone.

Bullshit. McHale had absolutely nothing to do with JSmoove and JET going off on the Clippers. His starters were useless. He didn't even manage the huddle worth a shit. I can't believe he stayed employed for as long as he did.

Indazone
05-20-2016, 04:31 PM
Assuming that's the case, D'Antoni is the most enjoyable option on the table. Hire him, use all that cap space to acquire another star-caliber talent and fall more in love with fast, small-ball lineups than ever before. This franchise isn't interested in a rebuild, so they may as well grab a coach who has experience and a vision.
D'Antoni would make Houston a much less sad version of its current self.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/houston-rockets-mike-d-antoni-head-coach-051816

djohn2oo8
05-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Bullshit. McHale had absolutely nothing to do with JSmoove and JET going off on the Clippers. His starters were useless. He didn't even manage the huddle worth a shit. I can't believe he stayed employed for as long as he did.

This

Caltex2
05-21-2016, 04:33 AM

I can't either but my point is the Rockets can do worse than McHale. Much worse. There are some coaches that can't beat anyone worth a pile or post a solid winning record, even with good talent, see Isiah Thompson. When a new coach shows up the difference is astronomical (Such as when Carlisle took over the Pacers after Thomas). McHale is a below average coach and certainly as bad of a coach as the Rockets have had in many decades but it can be worse, much worse.

Caltex2
05-21-2016, 04:38 AM
McHale, whether he was carried or not, led them to the conference finals, not even Adelman or Van Gundy did that. You can talk up their injury bad luck all you want but they still had teams that could have won once the playoffs started and they didn't, at least not as much as McHale's teams, who also dealt with injuries throughout the season.

EDIT: Rather than start a new post, I'll add more here.

Van Gundy had T-Mac and Yao and was up 2-0 on the Mavs in '05. They built an ego about themselves, were a defensive juggernaut and had team comradery. They had all of this and a big lead at home in the middle of Game 3 and choked like dogs in that game and then the rest of series all the way until a humilating 40-point Game 7 loss. That series was on him, including whining about the officiating on Yao after the Rockets choked the middle home games. He didn't keep them as composed as they should have been. He also oversaw the Rockets' upset loss to the Jazz in '07 in what should have been their series. Sure, T-Mac proved he was a fraud as a superstar once and for all but he should have won that series if he was such a great coach. Win that and Rockets likely go to the WCF thanks to the Mavs upset.

Adelman had horrible luck with injuries but he had teams that could have won when the playoffs started. There are adjustments he could have made to win an extra round of the playoffs (such as at the end of Game 4 in the Utah series). Give McHale credit, teams didn't excel under him and certainly not because of him but he performed well given what can be expected of him.

djohn2oo8
05-21-2016, 08:10 AM
McHale, whether he was carried or not, led them to the conference finals, not even Adelman or Van Gundy did that. You can talk up their injury bad luck all you want but they still had teams that could have won once the playoffs started and they didn't, at least not as much as McHale's teams, who also dealt with injuries throughout the season.

Van Gundy had T-Mac and Yao and was up 2-0 on the Mavs in '05. They built an ego about themselves, were a defensive juggernaut and had team comradery. They had all of this and a big lead at home in the middle of Game 3 and choked like dogs in that game and then the rest of series all the way until a humilating 40-point Game 7 loss. That series was on him, including whining about the officiating on Yao after the Rockets choked the middle home games. He didn't keep them as composed as they should have been. He also oversaw the Rockets' upset loss to the Jazz in '07 in what should have been their series. Sure, T-Mac proved he was a fraud as a superstar once and for all but he should have won that series if he was such a great coach. Win that and Rockets likely go to the WCF thanks to the Mavs upset.

Adelman had horrible luck with injuries but he had teams that could have won when the playoffs started. There are adjustments he could have made to win an extra round of the playoffs (such as at the end of Game 4 in the Utah series). Give McHale credit, teams didn't excel under him and certainly not because of him but performed well given what can be expected of him.
McHale didn't lead them anywhere. Brewer and Smith both had a once in a lifetime games at the same time. That is it. McHale was a big reason they went down 3-1 in the first place. McHale let Terrence Jones get abused by Aldridge for 2 FORTY point games back to back against Portland. It took him two games to put Asik on him. Did McHale make the playoffs before he had Harden? McHale was garbage at x'os but the blame lies with those who hired him. Good coaches need to be able to manage egos and he was shit at that too.

DMC
05-21-2016, 11:07 AM
I can't either but my point is the Rockets can do worse than McHale. Much worse. There are some coaches that can't beat anyone worth a pile or post a solid winning record, even with good talent, see Isiah Thompson. When a new coach shows up the difference is astronomical (Such as when Carlisle took over the Pacers after Thomas). McHale is a below average coach and certainly as bad of a coach as the Rockets have had in many decades but it can be worse, much worse.

You can't do worse than failure. If the Rockets were dead last in the league they'd be looking at a 1st overall pick most likely. Instead they are trying to hold on to Dwight fucking Howard and still no hope of winning a ring, none.

DMC
05-21-2016, 11:09 AM

Adelman had horrible luck with injuries but he had teams that could have won when the playoffs started. There are adjustments he could have made to win an extra round of the playoffs (such as at the end of Game 4 in the Utah series). Give McHale credit, teams didn't excel under him and certainly not because of him but performed well given what can be expected of him.

You can't lead if you're carried. He was there when they went. Ownership knows this, that's why he's no longer there. He got the Lionel Hollins award for making the WCF.

djohn2oo8
05-21-2016, 11:36 AM
You can't do worse than failure. If the Rockets were dead last in the league they'd be looking at a 1st overall pick most likely. Instead they are trying to hold on to Dwight fucking Howard and still no hope of winning a ring, none.
No, they are not trying to hold on to Dwight. They are trying to get him to leave.

Caltex2
05-21-2016, 10:54 PM
I say again, give him credit where credit is due. He at least didn't screw things up. There were better Rockets teams that didn't achieve like his.

AlexJones
12-09-2016, 11:40 PM
:lol this thread

Clipper Nation
12-10-2016, 12:39 PM
:lol Getting fooled by Cucktoni in the regular season again... did you learn nothing from his Suns teams?

StrengthAndHonor
12-10-2016, 03:10 PM

Uhm, the Rockets are still a first round fodder and everyone knows D'Antoni led teams crash and burn in the postseason. As a matter of fact, I guarantee the Rockets have reached their peak.

djohn2oo8
12-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Clipper fan is quite salty for some reason :lol

Will Hunting
12-10-2016, 04:24 PM
:lol Cucktoni being put in his place by Phil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-p_PudYj38

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Go sit down!"

:lol that one is a classic. Phil tells him to go sit down and his face goes red with guinea rage that's about to boil over.