PDA

View Full Version : Trump v. Clinton

RandomGuy
05-05-2016, 01:05 PM
Now that the sideshow is over...

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/901758/resized_evil-plotting-racoon.jpg

SpursforSix
05-05-2016, 01:45 PM
I'm already so sick of this shit.

DMX7
05-05-2016, 01:57 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255711&page=2&p=8564849#post8564849

DarrinS
05-05-2016, 02:19 PM
F both of them, tbh

TeyshaBlue
05-05-2016, 02:32 PM
I like the British election model....6 weeks start to finish.

Warlord23
05-05-2016, 03:04 PM
I like the British election model....6 weeks start to finish.

You bet. Also, UK politicians show some measure of maturity and common sense. In the US, each side basically describes the other as traitorous / tyrannical / incapable. Every election is the "most important in a generation", whose consequences could bring about the end of the nation - especially for the right wing. Dinesh D'Souza makes a new movie every 4 years, talk radio blowhards sell books, and election day is hyped up like the Superbowl. And the idiot voters lap it up every single time.

The last time it was Obama and his Marxist-inspired scheme to strangle capitalism, end free markets, take away guns, go after Christians and empower the caliphate. This time it will be how Hillary is the most evil woman alive, who basically invented corruption and will personally enable Goldman Sachs to enslave Americans while selling the country piecemeal to Russia, China and Saudi Arabia.

RandomGuy
05-05-2016, 04:03 PM
I'm already so sick of this shit.

You and me both. I am a total news nerd, but I have just stopped paying attention, and change the radio station to music when coverage starts.

RandomGuy
05-05-2016, 04:07 PM
You bet. Also, UK politicians show some measure of maturity and common sense. In the US, each side basically describes the other as traitorous / tyrannical / incapable. Every election is the "most important in a generation", whose consequences could bring about the end of the nation - especially for the right wing. Dinesh D'Souza makes a new movie every 4 years, talk radio blowhards sell books, and election day is hyped up like the Superbowl. And the idiot voters lap it up every single time.

The last time it was Obama and his Marxist-inspired scheme to strangle capitalism, end free markets, take away guns, go after Christians and empower the caliphate. This time it will be how Hillary is the most evil woman alive, who basically invented corruption and will personally enable Goldman Sachs to enslave Americans while selling the country piecemeal to Russia, China and Saudi Arabia.

Pretty much.

All outrage, all the time.

What conservatives are probably blithely unaware is how pissed off liberals are becoming. The only way the GOP has made such marked progress in state/local levels in recent years has been the normal half-assed Democratic turnout. If the overall irritation with the right's continuous bullshit continues, I would expect to see increasing turnout for Dems, and the beginning of the long slide for the GOP.

We'll see. I think Trumps selection as GOP nominee will cause a very marked jump in hispanic turnout, and they will not be voting for Trump. That will have down-ballot consequences.

CosmicCowboy
05-05-2016, 04:11 PM
It still defies logic that legal immigrants of any race would get all worked up to advocate illegal immigration.

Mitch
05-05-2016, 04:30 PM
It still defies logic that legal immigrants of any race would get all worked up to advocate illegal immigration.

Probably grown up anchor babies with illegal parents they bunk with

CosmicCowboy
05-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Probably grown up anchor babies with illegal parents they bunk with

We all know they aren't gonna get thrown out but it's in everyone's best interest to stop the unrestricted flow of illegals.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LlgrasnijkQ/hqdefault.jpg

spurraider21
05-05-2016, 04:42 PM
dislike both but trump was basically the worst case scenario candidate all along. ok maybe carson.

CosmicCowboy
05-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Funny that the same people like Bookaki that are screaming for a $15 minimum wage also advocate unrestricted illegal immigration which undermines basic labor wages.

Spurminator
05-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Still think Cruz was worse. But this is still a nightmarish and embarrassing situation for the country.

spurraider21
05-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Funny that the same people like Bookaki that are screaming for a $15 minimum wage also advocate unrestricted illegal immigration which undermines basic labor wages.
no

CosmicCowboy
05-05-2016, 04:54 PM
So why is Trump so wrong to want to finally close the border and then evaluate immigrants on a case by case basis?

Spurminator
05-05-2016, 04:57 PM
So why is Trump so wrong to want to finally close the border and then evaluate immigrants on a case by case basis?

Isn't that what we already do, in theory?

Trump's solution is a wall.

spurraider21
05-05-2016, 04:59 PM
the wall is an expensive idea that won't solve much just to satisfy pea-brains and have a visual "accomplishment"

:lol mexico is gonna pay for it... :lmao to anybody who takes that seriously

most illegal immgrants in the US came in legally with visas and overstayed. the fuck is a wall going to do to fix that? in the last 5 years, we've had more asian illegal immigrants than hispanic. the wall wouldn't address enough of the problem to warrant the effort.

oh and :lol "case by case basis"... his case is to deport every single illegal immigrant with no questions asked. just listen to him talk. there's no "case by case basis." there's no consideration for employment, family, value. its just deport deport

CosmicCowboy
05-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Should be but we aren't. Obama has cut the border patrols nuts off.

spurraider21
05-05-2016, 05:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/F1xG9o2.gif

Spurminator
05-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Fact remains we already restrict immigration, so Trump wanting to "finally close the border and then evaluate immigrants on a case by case basis" isn't exactly a unique objective. It sounds like a dumbed-down talking point. Like "We've gotta do something about this ISIS."

What are the solutions?

baseline bum
05-05-2016, 05:37 PM
We'll see. I think Trumps selection as GOP nominee will cause a very marked jump in hispanic turnout, and they will not be voting for Trump. That will have down-ballot consequences.

The Republican senators seemed to think the same when McConnel was trying to distance them from Trump. I can't believe they're nominating him, Trump will drive way more Democratic votes than Cruz would have, and it might cost them a 45 year old liberal justice in Scalia's seat next year with their senate majority in jeopardy.

DMX7
05-05-2016, 05:43 PM

In theory? We need to do it in practice is what Trump is saying...

tlongII
05-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Pretty much.

All outrage, all the time.

What conservatives are probably blithely unaware is how pissed off liberals are becoming. The only way the GOP has made such marked progress in state/local levels in recent years has been the normal half-assed Democratic turnout. If the overall irritation with the right's continuous bullshit continues, I would expect to see increasing turnout for Dems, and the beginning of the long slide for the GOP.

Interesting, but I think the opposite is true. I believe liberals are blissfully unaware of how pissed off conservatives are. And by conservative I don't mean republican. I expect a majority of independent voters will go for Trump. Just speculation though.

baseline bum
05-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Interesting, but I think the opposite is true. I believe liberals are blissfully unaware of how pissed off conservatives are. And by conservative I don't mean republican. I expect a majority of independent voters will go for Trump. Just speculation though.

Trump is like Lillard, overrated like hell and the rest of his team bails on him in the summer.

tlongII
05-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Trump is like Lillard, overrated like hell and the rest of his team bails on him in the summer.

OKC in 6.

baseline bum
05-05-2016, 06:15 PM
OKC in 6.

Golden State in 4

FuzzyLumpkins
05-05-2016, 06:48 PM

Border patrol cut its own nuts off. The rearrangement of federal law enforcement by the Bush administration has caused the most problems and their behavior in the ambiguity put them in their position.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Fact remains we already restrict immigration, so Trump wanting to "finally close the border and then evaluate immigrants on a case by case basis" isn't exactly a unique objective. It sounds like a dumbed-down talking point. Like "We've gotta do something about this ISIS."

What are the solutions?

It's the same reasoning that led to the drug war. Puritanism is a mindless ideology.

101A
05-05-2016, 08:53 PM

What are the solutions?

A wall?

Reck
05-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Are we even sure The GOP won't put forth a third choice?

Just today a whole bunch of republicans said no to Trump. Even Paul Ryan doesn't want to accept him.

That's fucking sad. :lol

Drachen
05-05-2016, 10:35 PM
dislike both but trump was basically the worst case scenario candidate all along. ok maybe carson.

Heard on the radio that Ben Carson is heading up the vetting process for VP candidates. Lulz

pgardn
05-05-2016, 10:35 PM
In theory? We need to do it in practice is what Trump is saying...

We need to make Mexico pay for a wall we build in practice.

Thatll work.

RandomGuy
05-06-2016, 12:44 PM

You have made a flawed assumption. Look over your statement carefully, and see what I posted, maybe you will notice it.

If not, let me know, and I will map it out.

tlongII
05-06-2016, 01:49 PM
You have made a flawed assumption. Look over your statement carefully, and see what I posted, maybe you will notice it.

If not, let me know, and I will map it out.

Why don't you map it out? I'm interested to see the logic you apply.

baseline bum
05-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Are we even sure The GOP won't put forth a third choice?

Just today a whole bunch of republicans said no to Trump. Even Paul Ryan doesn't want to accept him.

That's fucking sad. :lol

If these cocksuckers try to run a third candidate to get a brokered election decided by the house, I hope people burn DC to the ground.

MultiTroll
05-06-2016, 03:32 PM
So just a week ago in an attempt to suck up to the people of Penn, Donny was mocking those who wanted the statue of Joe Paterno taken down and kept down. Now today the news that Paterno knew about Sandusky as far back at 1976 -allegedly. :rolleyes

I hope those sound bites come back to haunt him.

Standing up for that Pedo enabling POS.

I've just got to believe the Clintons and Dems are gonna unleash some dirt on Donny at just the right time.
Just like with Gekkos and the 47% recording.

SnakeBoy
05-06-2016, 04:04 PM
I've just got to believe the Clintons and Dems are gonna unleash some dirt on Donny at just the right time.
Just like with Gekkos and the 47% recording.

I would guess that the Donald is counting on it.

http://www.mactoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/quote-about-never-wrestle-pig.jpg

z0sa
05-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Clinton's not the presumptive nominee yet...

spurraider21
05-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Clinton's not the presumptive nominee yet...
eh, its basically a given at this point, unless you believe in bernie math

z0sa
05-06-2016, 05:04 PM
eh, its basically a given at this point, unless you believe in bernie math

The OP says the sideshow is over as if Beries dropped out. He hasnt. The "sideshow" therefore isnt over. Thats a fact.

MultiTroll
05-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Trump Univercity trial moved until after the election.
Big surprise.

SnakeBoy
05-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Trump Univercity trial moved until after the election.
Big surprise.

Did you go there?

florige
05-07-2016, 09:08 AM
I would had said Hillary for sure. But if the Berniebots really do what they are saying and refuse to cross over to Hillary she may be in for a struggle. I just can't see Independents voting for a loose cannon like Trump.

CosmicCowboy
05-07-2016, 09:54 AM
I think some of the democratic blue collar base will swing for Trump this time. Whether it's enough to turn some traditional blue states red remains to be seen.

Will Hunting
05-07-2016, 10:19 AM
I think some of the democratic blue collar base will swing for Trump this time. Whether it's enough to turn some traditional blue states red remains to be seen.

Yeah states like NY and California aren't gonna flip but rust belt states that have leaned blue in recent elections (namely Ohio and Pennsylvania) are going to be an uphill battle for the Dems this time around.

Shillary gives working class white families absolutely no reason to support her.

boutons_deux
05-07-2016, 12:31 PM
Shillary gives working class white families absolutely no reason to support her.

And WTF does trump offer them? :lol

CosmicCowboy
05-07-2016, 12:48 PM

like it or not a lot of under-employed blue collar workers blame free trade for their dilemma.

showing again how stupid you are.

baseline bum
05-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Yeah states like NY and California aren't gonna flip but rust belt states that have leaned blue in recent elections (namely Ohio and Pennsylvania) are going to be an uphill battle for the Dems this time around.

Being white she might do better with white voters than Obama did. Obama only pulled 39% of white voters in 2012, which is less than Kerry got in 2004 (41%) or Gore in 2000 (42%).

baseline bum
05-07-2016, 01:32 PM
And Trump's racism should help Clinton keep the minority vote at high levels. I'd be pretty floored if Trump can make this a competitive election, especially when his party hates him like they did McCain.

tlongII
05-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Lol racism. That argument is getting tired.

TheSanityAnnex
05-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Yeah can someone lay out exactly what he said that's been racist?

angrydude
05-07-2016, 04:29 PM

Dude, it's 2016.

Protecting the borders from illegals like literally every other country on earth does is obviously racist.

Openly stating adherents of a religion that we are fighting wars against shouldn't enter the country is also clearly racist.

Basically his immigration policy of not letting anyone in who wants to come in.

Will Hunting
05-07-2016, 04:39 PM

His conspiracy theories about Obama being from Kenya/not actually going to Columbia were racist imo, but I don't view anything he's said during the campaign as racist.

Will Hunting
05-07-2016, 04:41 PM

I'm not saying Trump will turn their lives around or anything, but to them he symbolizes a change to the status quo that's been fucking working class white families the last 30 years while Shillary represents the same status quo.

TheSanityAnnex
05-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Dude, it's 2016.

Protecting the borders from illegals like literally every other country on earth does is obviously racist.

Openly stating adherents of a religion that we are fighting wars against shouldn't enter the country is also clearly racist.

Basically his immigration policy of not letting anyone in who wants to come in.
Calling them illegals is also racist.

TheSanityAnnex
05-07-2016, 05:38 PM
His conspiracy theories about Obama being from Kenya/not actually going to Columbia were racist imo, but I don't view anything he's said during the campaign as racist.
I don't view anything from his campaign as racist either. The media throws it out there and the left eats it up without ever questioning it.

For example this headline:

Trump Throws Racist Tantrum Calling Hispanic Protesters Thugs And Criminals

Donald Trump has responded to the protesters in California, many of whom were Hispanic, by calling them thugs and criminals.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/04/...iticus+USA+%29 (http://www.politicususa.com/2016/04/30/trump-throws-racist-tantrum-calling-hispanic-protesters-thugs-criminals.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politi cus+USA+%29)

NOTHING Trump said was racist. The anti-Trump protesters rioted, beat up Trump supporters, and smashed up a police car. Those are the actions of thugs and criminals. 20 people were arrested :lol Yet the article makes zero mention of it.

SnakeBoy
05-07-2016, 08:16 PM
And Trump's racism should help Clinton keep the minority vote at high levels. I'd be pretty floored if Trump can make this a competitive election, especially when his party hates him like they did McCain.

I don't think you can count on the "anti" vote for generating turnout. It didn't work for McCain and worked even less for Romney when Obama was even more hated by the right. People are motivated to show up when they are for someone, not because they dislike one person less than the other.

That said the electoral map is what it is. I think Trump will perform as well or better than any Republican would have...which means lose the election.

baseline bum
05-07-2016, 08:21 PM
I don't think you can count on the "anti" vote for generating turnout. It didn't work for McCain and worked even less for Romney when Obama was even more hated by the right. People are motivated to show up when they are for someone, not because they dislike one person less than the other.

That said the electoral map is what it is. I think Trump will perform as well or better than any Republican would have...which means lose the election.

The Anti-Obama vote showed up fine for Romney, he just didn't do shit to cater to independents by staying right after the convention. Picking Ryan as his VP was lunacy when he already had the conservatives motivated by running against Obama. Clinton will run in the center and get the anti-Trump vote, and I think she's going to be really difficult for him to be competitive against.

djohn2oo8
05-07-2016, 08:41 PM
The Anti-Obama vote showed up fine for Romney, he just didn't do shit to cater to independents by staying right after the convention. Picking Ryan as his VP was lunacy when he already had the conservatives motivated by running against Obama. Clinton will run in the center and get the anti-Trump vote, and I think she's going to be really difficult for him to be competitive against.
This. There's really no other category Trump will get other than the angry white vote. And that won't be nearly enough.

boutons_deux
05-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Trump setting tone, as a trashy piece of tabloid shit

Trump: Hillary Clinton has a ‘bad temperament — her husband learned that a few times’

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/trump-attacks-clintons-bad-temperament-and-says-her-husband-learned-that-a-few-times/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

TheSanityAnnex
05-08-2016, 12:56 PM
Trump setting tone, as a trashy piece of tabloid shit

Trump: Hillary Clinton has a ‘bad temperament — her husband learned that a few times’

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/trump-attacks-clintons-bad-temperament-and-says-her-husband-learned-that-a-few-times/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29
The truth hurts.

boutons_deux
05-08-2016, 01:09 PM
The truth hurts.

esp the "truth" from Trump, 90% liar according to fact checkers. But he's your much loved candidate.

TheSanityAnnex
05-08-2016, 01:29 PM
esp the "truth" from Trump, 90% liar according to fact checkers. But he's your much loved candidate.

If you'd have ever bothered to read instead of constantly spamming you would have known I liked Bernie the most out of all the candidates.

Speaking of lies....

-dY77j6uBHI

Looking forward to her perp walking

boutons_deux
05-08-2016, 02:32 PM
If you'd have ever bothered to read instead of constantly spamming you would have known I liked Bernie the most out of all the candidates.

... indicating you're as confused, ignorant as ever.

djohn2oo8
05-08-2016, 02:41 PM
So now Trump has reversed his stance on minimum wage and wants to raise it while taxing the rich. :lol

TheSanityAnnex
05-08-2016, 03:01 PM
... indicating you're as confused, ignorant as ever.
Please explain, and try to put some thought into it and form coherent sentences.

Warlord23
05-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Can the Trumpkins on this forum tell the rest of us which of the following Trump statements they agree with:
1. Wages are too high (Fox debate)
2. Wages are too low (on Twitter, soon after Fox debate)
3. We have to leave minimum wage as it is (Fox debate)
4. He's open to raising the federal minimum wage (a couple of days ago)
5. He wants to abolish the federal minimum wage and leave it to the states (today)

It's like an a-la-carte policy menu, designed to appeal to everyone ranging from the Tea Party to Sanders supporters. The problem is, I don't think Trump himself knows what his real stance is.

tlongII
05-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Can the Trumpkins on this forum tell the rest of us which of the following Trump statements they agree with:
1. Wages are too high (Fox debate)
2. Wages are too low (on Twitter, soon after Fox debate)
3. We have to leave minimum wage as it is (Fox debate)
4. He's open to raising the federal minimum wage (a couple of days ago)
5. He wants to abolish the federal minimum wage and leave it to the states (today)

It's like an a-la-carte policy menu, designed to appeal to everyone ranging from the Tea Party to Sanders supporters. The problem is, I don't think Trump himself knows what his real stance is.

Excellent viewpoint. It allows him to adjust as more information becomes available.

Reck
05-08-2016, 09:44 PM
So now Trump has reversed his stance on minimum wage and wants to raise it while taxing the rich. :lol

Not anymore. He says he wants to leave it to the federal government to do whatever they want. :lol

Hillary usually flip flops every few weeks. This guy does it on an hourly basis. :lmao

rmt
05-10-2016, 03:01 PM
I haven't seen the polls mentioned, but maybe I missed them.

Trump vs Clinton
Florida 42 43
Ohio 43 39
Pennsylvania 42 43

Pretty close in these swing states - didn't expect him to close the huge gap so quickly.

Mitch
05-10-2016, 03:40 PM
I haven't seen the polls mentioned, but maybe I missed them.

Trump vs Clinton
Florida 42 43
Ohio 43 39
Pennsylvania 42 43

Pretty close in these swing states - didn't expect him to close the huge gap so quickly.

Too early for any polls to be taken seriously, but Trump has very strong blue collar support - he's even likely to get a formal endorsement from Teamsters. Union support is big for the rust belt. Florida will be a swing state for sure, Trump is doing well enough with seniors.

DeadlyDynasty
05-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Too early for any polls to be taken seriously, but Trump has very strong blue collar support - he's even likely to get a formal endorsement from Teamsters. Union support is big for the rust belt. Florida will be a swing state for sure, Trump is doing well enough with seniors.
Which is why I love voting here instead of MD--your vote actually matters in this state

Ghazi
05-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Im voting Trump

Reck
05-10-2016, 10:23 PM
It is pretty sad that she cant even hold her on base in Pennsylvania.

I'm gonna need more sample sizes first but this doesn't look good if you're a democrat. I mean, Pennsylvania has been a blue state for decades.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
05-10-2016, 10:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VhQAN1m.jpg

Reck
05-10-2016, 10:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VhQAN1m.jpg

Goes both ways to be honest.

32% of his own voters will vote for Trump.

West Virginia is a lost cause if you're a dem.

CosmicCowboy
05-11-2016, 07:37 AM
West Virginia is an outlier. Hillary saying she wanted to kill coal makes her absolutely hated there. Plus, registered Democrats had to vote in the Democratic primary so they voted for Bernie. It's true that a lot of WV Democrats will vote for Trump in the general because he "supports" coal (although I'm not exactly sure what that means). Bernie supporters in other states aren't going to go for Trump at the 44% rate.

rmt
05-11-2016, 04:11 PM
OTOH, I hear Utah is in play. I guess the Mormons don't like Trump and a possible First Lady posing naked in magazines.

Winehole23
05-11-2016, 10:44 PM
The two most unpopular candidates ever. Trump has a shot.