PDA

View Full Version : dray green is basically a much more talented Bowen. so why the hate spusrfans?

hater
05-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Puzzles me how spursfan hate this guy when he is the reincarnation of Bowen in a much more skilled body.....

SpursforSix
05-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Puzzles me how spursfan hate this guy when he is the reincarnation of Bowen in a much more skilled body.....

uh...because he's not a Spur

Keepin' it real
05-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Bowen didn't do this nonsense

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/warriors/sites/default/files/green3_hou_20150521.jpg

hater
05-05-2016, 02:19 PM

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/warriors/sites/default/files/green3_hou_20150521.jpg

Come on. The Bowen "I didn't do nuthun" face with the open palms was just as annoying....

BillMc
05-05-2016, 02:20 PM
Don't remember Bruce spouting off to the media constantly.

DMX7
05-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Come on. The Bowen "I didn't do nuthun" face with the open palms was just as annoying....

But it was not as boastful or douchey.

hater
05-05-2016, 02:25 PM

Are you part of the media?

I was talking about the on court hate towards the guy....

hater
But it was not as boastful or douchey.

:lol come on it was extremely douchey

I didn't do nothing.... While Wally Zerbiak is picking up his teeth from the court :lol

Keepin' it real

Not to me

hater
05-05-2016, 02:27 PM
" I didn't do nothing"

While Carter is being airlifted to the nearest emergency room :lol

Sean Cagney
05-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Dirty at times for certain but annoying in that type of way, NO. Draymond is just a mouth and hard to like, that is why many don't like him. Is he good? Yeah sure he is very good, but dude is just annoying as shit TBH. He makes himself very unlikable.

look_at_g_shred
05-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Did bowen constantly set moving screens?

hater
05-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Dirty at times for certain but annoying in that type of way, NO. Draymond is just a mouth and hard to like, that is why many don't like him. Is he good? Yeah sure he is very good, but dude is just annoying as shit TBH. He makes himself very unlikable.

So can you explain why every non spur fan hated Bowen? Was Bowen likeable?

lefty20
05-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Bowen was a never a loud mouth faggot like Dray is. But yeah he was still a dick, generally speaking. The only difference is that he was a dick in the Spurs jersey.

daslicer
05-05-2016, 03:04 PM
:lol at reincarnation of Bowen. I can't recall Bowen being hyped up as a superstar or an all-star. Everybody new Bowen was a defensive ace but it didn't go beyond that. Draymond personality wise is a hybrid of Gary Payton and Kevin Garnett. Those type of players always tends to be universally hated. Unlike those guys Draymond is reliant on a system and is a coattail rider which makes him more hate able. He would not be as effective if he played on an average team like the Hornets. Also Bowen was never loved by media like Draymond is which makes huge difference when it comes to perception and to some degree the way the game is called.

Sean Cagney
05-05-2016, 03:05 PM

Nope, they didn't like him because he was dirty and I admit he was. What great defender is not dirty in ways though? In the 80's and 90's that would be the norm and accepted but today it's definitely considered dirty. They always cringe when you mention Bowen and say I hated him or he is dirty, agree on that part. Draymond is very unlikable too though, which is why fans outside of GSW hate him too.

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Draymond is a less talented KG, a guy that is vilified on ST.:lol

UZER
05-05-2016, 04:04 PM
:lol at reincarnation of Bowen. I can't recall Bowen being hyped up as a superstar or an all-star. Everybody new Bowen was a defensive ace but it didn't go beyond that. Draymond personality wise is a hybrid of Gary Payton and Kevin Garnett. Those type of players always tends to be universally hated. Unlike those guys Draymond is reliant on a system and is a coattail rider which makes him more hate able. He would not be as effective if he played on an average team like the Hornets. Also Bowen was never loved by media like Draymond is which makes huge difference when it comes to perception and to some degree the way the game is called.

i.e.

Rodman with Spurs: he is reckless and doesn't play the right way. He seriously going to hurt someone. He does nothing but taunt all game and shouldn't even be allowed in the league.

Rodman with Bulls: Wow, what hustle! What grit! Love his tenacity! Shame on other players for letting him get in their head. I guess they're just not mentally tough. Love that guy!

coachmac87
05-05-2016, 04:24 PM

Why do you hate players on your own team just for attention?

south side spur
05-05-2016, 06:11 PM
He acts like an ass clown. When did Bowen ever act like that? No one likes people who have to draw attention for every single aspect of their life. He mean mugs, barks, howls, flexes after almost every possession. Everyone knows someone like that. People that always have to let you know what they've accomplished and for the most part they aren't liked.

Mnky
05-05-2016, 06:16 PM
I think green is very talented. He can't guard all 5 spots like they say though. He gets beat down by legitimate centers. Unfortunately, there are pretty much none these days. Which makes his stock sky rocket in a small ball league. Any forward out of position or a non bruiser, he can over power, and he's quick enough to stay with most. Great tool to have no doubt.

Bowen was invaluable though, as the wing position did not have many elite defenders at that time. People knew when they had to play Bowen.

hooperflash
05-05-2016, 06:19 PM

Was about to comment the same thing, his character. You can't be a fan of a jackass, literally. Donkey Green.

GSH
05-05-2016, 06:26 PM

Damn. Beat me to it.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/366/992/538861d3df6acbb8d03d65d024fe6e76_crop_north.jpg?w= 630&h=420&q=75
http://thesource.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/ZZ8U8AY.jpg
http://i2.wp.com/mybookie.ag/wp-content/uploads/Draymond-Green-mvp-award-2015.jpg

DarrinS
05-05-2016, 06:31 PM
hater fell in love with another non-Spurs player? Adams gonna get jealous.

daslicer
05-05-2016, 06:33 PM
I would say this Draymond is a human troll and it's obvious the people who like him on this forum tend to be trolls just like the OP.

GSH
05-05-2016, 06:36 PM
BTW - did anyone else notice that Draymond's bulk, muscle definition, facial structure, and aggressiveness all changed quite a bit over the last couple of offseasons? What could cause something like that?

jimbo
05-05-2016, 07:07 PM

Yeah, he just played with intent to injure. That's much better.

:lol lying through his teeth

THGJJHln4Co

jimbo
05-05-2016, 07:11 PM
bowen was very easily much more hateable tbh

spurraider21
05-05-2016, 07:21 PM
they're extremely different players and they were both dislikable to non-fans for different reasons

green is an annoying and cocky douche, whereas bowen was dirty as fuck. green also has the whole illegal screen thing

timtonymanu
05-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Bruce was a lot more subtle but I'm sure Spurs fans would have hated Bowen if he was never a Spur.

hater
05-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Bruce was an A-hole. I can see why so many fans despised him. he was a pest and made the game ugly to watch.

he is one of my favorite players ever due to his competitiveness and the fact he did not care one bit if no one liked him.

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2016, 07:43 PM
People hate Draymond because he's the Blackest player on a team full of lovable light-skinned "good guys", tbh..he doesn't do anything more egregious than Curry or Thompson, yet those 2 are beloved, it's not a coincidence..

timtonymanu
05-05-2016, 07:45 PM
People hate Draymond because he's the Blackest player on a team full of lovable light-skinned "good guys", tbh..he doesn't do anything more egregious than Curry or Thompson, yet those 2 are beloved, it's not a coincidence..

Yep, Warriors as a whole are arrogant, they've earned it I guess. But it's true that all their players minus Draymond escape criticism.

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Yep, Warriors as a whole are arrogant, they've earned it I guess. But it's true that all their players minus Draymond escape criticism.

He's the magnet for all their criticism..he's not even the worst offender of the illegal screens that fans hate, it's clearly Bogut:lol

Reminds me of OKC and Westbrook, tbh..

You'll notice that a lot of Westbrook haters are also Draymond haters..

DarrinS
05-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Bruce was a damn ninja, tbh

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1924405/1312557644_bruce_bowen_kicks_wally_szczerbiak_in_t he_face.gif

DarrinS
05-05-2016, 07:57 PM
He didn't know Wally was suddenly going to move. Bad on Wally

tholdren
05-05-2016, 08:46 PM
He's the magnet for all their criticism..he's not even the worst offender of the illegal screens that fans hate, it's clearly Bogut:lol

Its because they cheat, they cry, and their bb iq is slim to none.

south side spur
05-05-2016, 08:47 PM

So those guys remixed a trash E 40 song during a post championship celebration? Even going so far as saying the Cavs sucked. Pure class? No it has nothing to do with skin pigment. Harrison Barnes isn't exactly fair skinned do you hear any back lash about him? No. Green is an ass clown.

GSH
05-05-2016, 08:57 PM
People hate Draymond because he's the Blackest player on a team full of lovable light-skinned "good guys"

So you're saying that the reason Draymond acts like such a prick, and isn't a "good guy" is because he's dark-skinned? Damn you're racist.

tholdren
05-05-2016, 08:58 PM

your avatar blows

DarrinS
05-05-2016, 09:01 PM

I hate all those players that "flex", including mouthpiece chewer.

So, fuck off

DAF86
05-05-2016, 09:14 PM

But Westbrook is lighter than Durant, tbh. :lol

Brian Windhorst
05-05-2016, 09:15 PM
He's one of the best players in the league, talks a lot of shit, and is on a competing WC team. Are we supposed to like him?

Put him in a Spurs jersey and I'll buy it.

DAF86
05-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Btw, horrible comparisson. Bowen and Draymond are nothing alike. Not in basketball nor in personality.

Was this the best you could come up with to troll? Smh hater :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2016, 09:26 PM
But Westbrook is lighter than Durant, tbh. :lol

I was actually referring to his attitude, he's the "Blackest" player on their team, although his looks don't help..White people can love dark-skinned brothers, though, as long as they fall in line(Jordan, Barkley) or are non-threatening(like Durant and his pre-teen boy frame, for example), of course..

Draymond is everything White people hate/fear in a Black man..in addition to his looks(big nose, big lips, dark skin), he's arrogant, outspoken, vocal, demonstrative and worst of all, he's on top of the game..

Westbrook is the NBA's perfect image for the cuckold White man:lol..doesn't listen to anybody on and off the court, aggressive and erratic style(on and off the court), muscular and physically overwhelming, flashy and cocky..it's not a coincidence that White people detest him, look no further than my Westbrook<3 thread..:(he swore at me in front of my wife :(

I respect writers like Ethaun Strauss that have written articles on White people's hatred of certain Black players, tbh..I admire the self-awareness..

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2016, 09:30 PM
So those guys remixed a trash E 40 song during a post championship celebration? Even going so far as saying the Cavs sucked. Pure class? No it has nothing to do with skin pigment. Harrison Barnes isn't exactly fair skinned do you hear any back lash about him? No. Green is an ass clown.

Harrison Barnes is a completely irrelevant player:lol

Draymond is one of the most discussed players in the NBA, we're talking about players under the microscope here..reminds me of KG, another guy that would have been viewed differently if he didn't look the way he does..

DAF86
05-05-2016, 09:33 PM
I was actually referring to his attitude, he's the "Blackest" player on their team, although his looks don't help..White people can love dark-skinned brothers, though, as long as they fall in line(Jordan, Barkley) or are non-threatening(like Durant and his pre-teen boy frame, for example), of course..

Draymond is everything White people hate/fear in a Black man..in addition to his looks(big nose, big lips, dark skin), he's arrogant, outspoken, vocal, demonstrative and worst of all, he's on top of the game..

Westbrook is the NBA's perfect image for the cuckold White man:lol..doesn't listen to anybody on and off the court, aggressive and erratic style(on and off the court), muscular and physically overwhelming, flashy and cocky..it's not a coincidence that White people detest him, look no further than my Westbrook<3 thread..:(he swore at me in front of my wife :(

I respect writers like Ethaun Strauss that have written articles on White people's hatred of certain Black players, tbh..I admire the self-awareness..

I know what you were referring to. I was just fucking around, tbh. Although talking about a "black attitude" is kind of racist son. :lol

south side spur
05-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Yeah that's why everyone loves Manziel right? This has nothing to do with race. Fall in line? You mean act like you don't have chromosomal abnormalities?

lilbthebasedgod
05-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Because they care about "his attitude" and other retarded reasons to dislike a player.

south side spur
05-05-2016, 10:53 PM
So is it also "retarded" to appreciate Robinson, Duncan, and Leonard for their "attitude"?

HankChinaski
05-05-2016, 11:01 PM
All I know is Draymond Green doesn't know how to make a sandwich. Who the hell spends a minute spreading sandwich fixings on a slice of bread!?

Showboating on court is annoying to watch whomever it is. Just deal with it the same way you do if you play bball yourself. Win the game and walk them off the court. Nothing feels better than that.

NameLess Scrub
05-05-2016, 11:02 PM
So you're saying that the reason Draymond acts like such a prick, and isn't a "good guy" is because he's dark-skinned? Damn you're racist.

:lol He must be trolling.

Everybody knows Draymond is the biggest gloater and mouth on the team.
He's talented, but more than negates any liking to his talent.

Nobody likes Bogut but he makes less noise.

I don't need to compare or feel bad for Bowen. I wasn't aware of his crap until after he retired IIRC.
It's shameful the Spurs would have a player that intentionally injured other players.

daslicer
05-05-2016, 11:09 PM
It's like I said earlier in this thread Draymond is a real life troll type of character. Notice how all the Draymond defenders in this thread are trolls including the OP.

tmtcsc
05-05-2016, 11:19 PM

Not even close. This guy is a loud, posing, mouth open all the time, annoying jack-ass. I can't stand him or his twink teammate Curry.

DJR210
05-06-2016, 01:28 AM
I can't recall Bruce shooting 30% on the season from 3 tbh

sexinthatsx
05-06-2016, 02:10 AM
:lol I almost forgot how dirty Bowen was for a second until I saw these clips again.

The difference between Bowen and Draymond unfortunately is due to the fact that he's not in a Spurs jersey. Lets not kid ourselves other posters.

Down Under
05-06-2016, 06:04 AM

What about people who don't carry on like td and kawhi?

Down Under
05-06-2016, 06:08 AM

Westbrook seems like a genuine person, KG doesn't

BillMc
05-06-2016, 07:09 AM
Bruce was a damn ninja, tbh

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1924405/1312557644_bruce_bowen_kicks_wally_szczerbiak_in_t he_face.gif

Bruce "Lee" Bowen!

GSH
05-06-2016, 08:01 AM

LMAO - leave out the bit about skin color and lips, and those are all the things people say they hate about Donald Trump.

A sport that's completely dominated by black, outspoken athletes, and when people say they don't like one guy you instantly conclude that it's because of his "blackness"? I was joking before, but you really are a racist. It's a cancer, and you're eat up with it.

Draymond Green is a dick. He really is at the top of the game, so if he wants to rub people's noses in it, he has that right. But nobody like that. In the history of the world, nobody has liked that. Except for a few other dicks, who aren't good enough at anything to get to act that way themselves.

LMAO... white people only like Charles Barkley because he "falls in line". :lmao

NameLess Scrub
05-06-2016, 08:17 AM
It's like I said earlier in this thread Draymond is a real life troll type of character. Notice how all the Draymond defenders in this thread are trolls including the OP.

This is actually a good point. See above :lol

Russo21
05-06-2016, 08:59 AM
People hate Draymond because he's the Blackest player on a team full of lovable light-skinned "good guys", tbh..he doesn't do anything more egregious than Curry or Thompson, yet those 2 are beloved, it's not a coincidence.. Not really beloved, I want to knock Curry's teeth out every time he chews on his mouthguard, which is pretty much all game. That's just as annoying as Green overall character.

hater
05-06-2016, 09:24 AM
:lol I almost forgot how dirty Bowen was for a second until I saw these clips again.

The difference between Bowen and Draymond unfortunately is due to the fact that he's not in a Spurs jersey. Lets not kid ourselves other posters.

Wow a logical fan right here. :tu

Thanks for contributing bro

Obstructed_View
05-06-2016, 09:26 AM

Spurs fans hate Draymond for the same reason everyone else hated Bowen. Because he beat their ass.

hater
05-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Spurs fans hate Draymond for the same reason everyone else hated Bowen. Because he beat their ass.

:wow another great post. We on a roll!

Old School 44
05-06-2016, 09:29 AM
LMAO - leave out the bit about skin color and lips, and those are all the things people say they hate about Donald Trump.

A sport that's completely dominated by black, outspoken athletes, and when people say they don't like one guy you instantly conclude that it's because of his "blackness"? I was joking before, but you really are a racist. It's a cancer, and you're eat up with it.

Draymond Green is a dick. He really is at the top of the game, so if he wants to rub people's noses in it, he has that right. But nobody like that. In the history of the world, nobody has liked that. Except for a few other dicks, who aren't good enough at anything to get to act that way themselves.

LMAO... white people only like Charles Barkley because he "falls in line". :lmao

I agree. I don't like Draymond because he acts like an idiot (or as you say 'dick'). Same with Curry. Both great talents, but all the flexing and preening is annoying no matter how good you are. Every once in a while some show of emotion is fine, but they seem to do it excessively. That's why I don't like LeBron, Westbrook or Harden. Again, no denying their talent, but they just do some cringe worthy shit.

I don't no where it all started in team sports, probably the NFL, but whatever happened to just making the play and going back to huddle with simple high fives from your teammates.

UZER
05-06-2016, 09:35 AM
If I can't stand Curry as much as Draymond, am I still a racist because one is white and one is black.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2016, 10:00 AM
I'll take whatever Draymond does. At least he doesn't play with his mouthpiece and smack his gum on the bench with an open mouth like a three year old.

Cry Havoc
05-06-2016, 10:45 AM

Shocking, HH playing the race card.

He's just playing a shtick. All these years and he's still trying to be the cool kid in school. I mean, he may be a racist, but everything he says here is measured for impact and to specifically affect other's opinion of him.

daslicer
05-06-2016, 12:08 PM

:lol What a tool you really live up to your SN with your black and white type of thinking. By your logic I guess people just hate Donald Trump because he's rich and successful and beats others in business. I have never hated Olajuwon,Dirk,Nash,Drexler,Lebron,Wade and these are guys who have all eliminated the spurs at one point of time. Fans don't hate everybody that eliminates their team that's idiotic thinking. Not going to elaborate the hate for Draymond because the answers are all over this thread.

Horse
05-06-2016, 12:15 PM

He's a loudmouth overrated dirty cocksucker.

05-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Harlem sticking with this race shtick for better or for worse

james evans
05-06-2016, 02:59 PM
I don't ever remember Bowen being allowed to hip toss and flip guys over his shoulder at the end of games while setting no less than 10 illegal screens during the game IN FRONT OF THE REF!!! I may be wrong, I just dont remember it

Kawhitstorm
05-06-2016, 03:19 PM

Didn't you say you hated Joakim Noah not b/c of his game but his attitude? :lol (Must be that Lebanese blood)

I strongly dislike Noah, tbh:lol..everything about that pussy..I hope he never wears a Spurs uniform..

sexinthatsx
05-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Wow a logical fan right here. :tu

Thanks for contributing bro

That said though, he does run his mouth too much to be Spurs material and because he's not a Spur he's one dirty loud-mouthed asshole.

spurraider21
05-06-2016, 04:58 PM
HH basically abandoned his previous lebron slurping shtick to the race shtick since he went back to gilbert in cleveland

LkrFan
05-06-2016, 05:56 PM

:rolleyes I don't remember Green being a dirty defender who undercut players or kicking them in the face.

LkrFan
05-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Bowen can breathe through his nose tbh

:lmao

Kikoluna
05-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Did you just say draymond is better than bowen? Wow, how can you have the audacity to say such blasphemy. What is wrong with you? Bowen is a basketball god , green is nothing but a guy with bright pink gums and annoying personality who is worshiped by espn