PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Workout Kentucky Point Guard Isaiah Briscoe

BillMc
05-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Slow news day so I'll give this its own thread:

Could Briscoe be the Spurs' next great steal? He was, in fact, the nation's highest ranked point guad coming out of high school only a year ago.
Time will tell.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/5/5/11603720/spurs-to-work-out-kentucky-wil-cats-isaiah-briscoe-nba-san-antonio-draft

Could be a good prospect if he doesn't return to college, but if we're looking to upgrade over Tony while still in LMA's prime, not sure we can take someone so young. But perhaps, if this were our hypothetical pick, Tony would last until Isaiah is ready.

playblair
05-05-2016, 04:57 PM
2016/17 roster

parker/mills/draft pick
kawhi/hanga
durant/anderson/simmons
aldridge/bertans/jean-charles
richards/thomas/blair

MaNu4Tres
05-05-2016, 05:07 PM
They will work out over 50 college players that are eligible for the draft. This isn't relevant information.

May as well start a thread, " Water is Wet".

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2016, 05:11 PM
They will work out over 50 college players that are eligible for the draft. This isn't relevant information.

May as well start a thread, " Water is Wet".

Basically

tmtcsc
05-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Spurs will need to replace the following next year:

Tim Duncan (I think this is it for him)
Manu (I think he could give 1 more year in limited minutes but why? Go out on top w/Tim)
Tony: Ah yes, the guy who thinks he has 5 more years left. No way, no how. Too many miles & not enough speed left for his style.
Andre Miller - This has to be it right?
Bonner - For the love of God

Others:

Diaw - Would he be willing to play w/o Tony here?
Martin - What would he cost to keep?
D. West - Does he want to stick around after getting a Ring?

timtonymanu
05-05-2016, 05:50 PM
I for one am excited to see how this offseason goes, assuming both Tim and Manu are really done after this season.

GSH
05-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Is he playoff eligible?

Brian Windhorst
05-05-2016, 09:12 PM

Manu (I think he could give 1 more year in limited minutes but why? Go out on top w/Tim)
Tony: Ah yes, the guy who thinks he has 5 more years left. No way, no how. Too many miles & not enough speed left for his style.

Others:

D. West - Does he want to stick around after getting a Ring?

Tony isn't leaving. At least not until his contract expires. Even if we were to explore trades, it isn't 2014 any more. No team is dumb enough to fall for that.

Best we can hope for is to pick up a Livingston-type backup PG that can give us 24 mpg and play in crunch time. Tony is starting until 2018 barring a major injury.

SpursforSix
05-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Tony isn't leaving. At least not until his contract expires. Even if we were to explore trades, it isn't 2014 any more. No team is dumb enough to fall for that.

Best we can hope for is to pick up a Livingston-type backup PG that can give us 24 mpg and play in crunch time. Tony is starting until 2018 barring a major injury.

No fucking way. Tony had some great years but mark my words....this is the last season he is the primary point guard.

tmtcsc
05-05-2016, 11:13 PM

The question is, would Pop pull the trigger? Would he dare trade one of the Big 3? I say 'yes'. With the Salary Cap going up, I can see a young team trading for his experience. The Spurs MUST address the liabilities at this position.

lefty
05-05-2016, 11:14 PM
PG's named Isiah are usually good

lefty
05-05-2016, 11:14 PM
The question is, would Pop pull the trigger? Would he dare trade one of the Big 3? I say 'yes'. With the Salary Cap going up, I can see a young team trading for his experience. The Spurs MUST address the liabilities at this position.

He won't trade Tim/Manu/Kiwi tbh

tmtcsc
05-05-2016, 11:18 PM
He won't trade Tim/Manu/Kiwi tbh

Nice. Original Big 3.

Spurs_619
05-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Nice. Original Big 3.

No way they trade Parker. And only way we don't resign him when his contract ends is if someone throws stupid money at him.

tmtcsc
05-05-2016, 11:26 PM
No way they trade Parker. And only way we don't resign him when his contract ends is if someone throws stupid money at him.

Why not? He's becoming borderline useless on the floor. He makes 1, maybe two successful drives per game. Watch him go in to the lane and either get his shot blocked or throw up hapless attempts that hit the bottom of the rim. I thought his problems were injury related last year but the truth is, the injuries were only masking his actual decline.

Spurs_619
05-05-2016, 11:32 PM
Why not? He's becoming borderline useless on the floor. He makes 1, maybe two successful drives per game. Watch him go in to the lane and either get his shot blocked or throw up hapless attempts that hit the bottom of the rim. I thought his problems were injury related last year but the truth is, the injuries were only masking his actual decline.

I would love for them to trade Parker as i am far from his biggest fan. But it would be very out of character for the FO to trade Parker IMO, they are loyal sometimes to a fault.

Spurs_619
05-05-2016, 11:34 PM
Best case scenario IMO is he signs for close to the vet min. and spurs either trade up for a PG in the draft, or maybe get a conley or teague type player in FA.

Mnky
05-05-2016, 11:34 PM
Slow news day so I'll give this its own thread:

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/5/5/11603720/spurs-to-work-out-kentucky-wil-cats-isaiah-briscoe-nba-san-antonio-draft

Could be a good prospect if he doesn't return to college, but if we're looking to upgrade over Tony while still in LMA's prime, not sure we can take someone so young. But perhaps, if this were our hypothetical pick, Tony would last until Isaiah is ready.

I saw this earlier. Intriguing no doubt. Would be the only time you get a prospect with the potential he has that late in the draft. Would be nice to see what they did with him. If they go after Durant, I believe Parker is likely to be odd man out simply because this is Kawhi future. I doubt they get rid of someone who seems like his best friend for someone who appears to have issues playing with him.

Pg will be an interesting watch this off season.

tmtcsc
05-05-2016, 11:58 PM
I would love for them to trade Parker as i am far from his biggest fan. But it would be very out of character for the FO to trade Parker IMO, they are loyal sometimes to a fault.

They let these guys go or did not re-sign them:

1. Roberty Horry
2. Bruce Bowen
3. Brent Barry
4. Malik Rose
5. George Hill
6. Tiago Splitter
7. Stephen Jackson
8. Gary Neal
9. Dejaun Blair
10. Nando de Colo

Granted, none of these guys were Finals MVP's but the F.O. didn't hang on too long.

With the exception of Matt Bonner, the Spurs have moved on from many beloved San Antonio players.

spurs10
05-06-2016, 01:13 AM

Others:

D. West - Does he want to stick around after getting a Ring? Yes after we win the championship, people might be ready to go out on top. There could be another thought though- like wtf let's see how far we can take it. :wow

DocDoc
05-06-2016, 07:08 AM

1. Roberty Horry
2. Bruce Bowen
3. Brent Barry
4. Malik Rose
5. George Hill
6. Tiago Splitter
7. Stephen Jackson
8. Gary Neal
9. Dejaun Blair
10. Nando de Colo

Granted, none of these guys were Finals MVP's but the F.O. didn't hang on too long.

With the exception of Matt Bonner, the Spurs have moved on from many beloved San Antonio players.

Which of those were traded? G. Hill(aka Paul George :) ), Tiago - anyone else?

Different to let people walk versus trading them - walkers generally got deals that were too rich for the FO to match.

Chinook
05-06-2016, 07:31 AM

1. Roberty Horry
2. Bruce Bowen
3. Brent Barry
4. Malik Rose
5. George Hill
6. Tiago Splitter
7. Stephen Jackson
8. Gary Neal
9. Dejaun Blair
10. Nando de Colo

I don't think those guys put together have a stronger connection to the Spurs as Parker does. Bowen is the only one who's, but like many people on that list, the Spurs were list last stop in the league. Obviously, moving Parker over Green makes the most sense, especially if the return would be similar. But I could totally see the Spurs not trading anyone.

tmtcsc
05-06-2016, 10:44 AM
I don't think those guys put together have a stronger connection to the Spurs as Parker does. Bowen is the only one who's, but like many people on that list, the Spurs were list last stop in the league. Obviously, moving Parker over Green makes the most sense, especially if the return would be similar. But I could totally see the Spurs not trading anyone.

True, but I can't see Pop letting the team be held back by an aging point guard who struggles to break down defenses like he once did. His jumper improved over the years but its not like he's at Steve Nash's level. TP would have to be ok with going to the bench. I don't see him being re-signed. If he wants to stay for however many years, he will have to take a pretty substantial pay cut and be happy coming off the bench like Andre Miller.

tmtcsc
05-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Which of those were traded? G. Hill(aka Paul George :) ), Tiago - anyone else?

Different to let people walk versus trading them - walkers generally got deals that were too rich for the FO to match.

I don't think Horry, Bowen, Blair or Barry were going to be brought back - no matter the price.

Solid D
05-06-2016, 11:17 AM
No ****ing way. Tony had some great years but mark my words....this is the last season he is the primary point guard.

Duly marked.

Ocotillo
05-06-2016, 02:12 PM
I love off-season cussin' and fussin' and have some thoughts and want to engage but I just cannot until the Spurs have gone fishin'.