PDA

View Full Version : This is going to be 2014 vs. the Heat all over again

Neurosis
05-05-2016, 08:42 PM
We dominate in game 1 and win by a significant margin, then we get comfortable and shit the bed in game 2 at home. Despite a lacklustre performance from almost our entire team, we still lose by less than 1 basket (in 2014 we lost game2 by 2pts). Then the Spurs including Pop realise that we're not some invincible unbeatable juggernaut and we have to actually execute if we want to win. So we go on to completely dismantle them and take the series 4-1.

Spurs in 5 and I'll be surprised if we don't win every game by 10+ points. We've seen this series before. The Thunder are fucked, they just don't know it yet.

:flag:

P.S. Shame on all you cliffjumping faggots.

baseline bum
05-05-2016, 08:48 PM
The Spurs didn't dominate Game 1 of the 2014 Finals, they kept turning the ball over and Miami was leading until midway through the fourth when Green got hot (:cry and so did LeBron :cry)

EIC
05-05-2016, 08:49 PM
I like the idea, but it's going to be hard to do without any offensive production from the guard spots, a dead-horse Tim Duncan, and a Kawhi Leonard that struggles with a double-team. The only flickering candle right now is Aldridge hitting shots. But if those shots stop falling, the Spurs are going to be in serious trouble the way they are playing.

But this has pretty much been par for the course with the Spurs of late: Regular season juggernauts that disintegrate in the playoffs. You can only get so far with a near total absence of guard play.

Seventyniner
05-05-2016, 09:30 PM
The Thunder just did this to the Mavs last round. Blow them out in game 1, lose a heartbreaker in game 2, then stomp them 3 straight times for the series win.

I don't expect that to happen right now though. I called Spurs in 7 and I'm sticking with it.

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2016, 09:37 PM
This is actually like the first 2 games of last year's series against the Clippers where the Cripples blewout the Spurs then lost a close game at home. The Clippers also turned the ball over at the end of Gm 2 & Patty sent it to overtime by leaking out just like he did on Monday except he didn't get fouled by Adams.

The difference being that the Spurs are in the Clippers' shoe.:lol

urunobili
05-05-2016, 09:40 PM
You can only hope

K...
05-05-2016, 09:56 PM
This is actually like the first 2 games of last year's series against the Clippers where the Cripples blewout the Spurs then lost a close game at home. The Clippers also turned the ball over at the end of Gm 2 & Patty sent it to overtime by leaking out just like he did on Monday except he didn't get fouled by Adams.

The difference being that the Spurs are in the Clippers' shoe.:lol

If this means parker is injured in game 7, but also wins the series, is that a net positive?

timtonymanu
05-05-2016, 10:02 PM
OP is one of the top posters on here lately.

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2016, 10:08 PM
If this means parker is injured in game 7, but also wins the series, is that a net positive?

One key difference is that the Spurs won't choke during crunch time like the Cripples did in Gm 2/4, it's OKC that has trouble closing out games.:lol If there was a Gm 7 then WestBrick might heroball OKC out of the series like Porker did iat the end of Gm 7.

2:51.0
T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) misses 3-pt shot from 23 ft

103-102

2:50.0
Offensive rebound by K. Leonard (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html)

103-102

2:48.0
K. Leonard (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html) makes 2-pt shot from 2 ft
+2
105-102

2:31.0

105-102

C. Paul (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01.html) misses 2-pt shot from 3 ft

2:29.0
Defensive rebound by T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html)

105-102

2:25.0
T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) misses 2-pt shot from 4 ft

105-102

2:22.0

105-102

Defensive rebound by M. Barnes (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barnema02.html)

2:12.0

105-105
+3
M. Barnes (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barnema02.html) makes 3-pt shot from 25 ft (assist by J. Redick (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/redicjj01.html))

1:52.0
B. Diaw (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/diawbo01.html) misses 2-pt shot from 2 ft

105-105

1:51.0

105-105

Defensive rebound by M. Barnes (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barnema02.html)

1:33.0

105-105

B. Griffin (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/griffbl01.html) misses 2-pt shot from 4 ft (block by D. Green (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenda02.html))

1:31.0
Defensive rebound by T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html)

105-105

1:27.0
T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) misses 2-pt shot at rim (block by J. Redick (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/redicjj01.html))

105-105

marinoman
05-05-2016, 10:09 PM
The biggest difference, to me at least, is you could see Miami and particularly Lebron fatigued, 3 straight finals will do that. Thunder, especially Westbrook won't tire

spurs10
05-05-2016, 10:20 PM
We dominate in game 1 and win by a significant margin, then we get comfortable and shit the bed in game 2 at home. Despite a lacklustre performance from almost our entire team, we still lose by less than 1 basket (in 2014 we lost game2 by 2pts). Then the Spurs including Pop realise that we're not some invincible unbeatable juggernaut and we have to actually execute if we want to win. So we go on to completely dismantle them and take the series 4-1.

Spurs in 5 and I'll be surprised if we don't win every game by 10+ points. We've seen this series before. The Thunder are fucked, they just don't know it yet.

:flag:

P.S. Shame on all you cliffjumping faggots. I expect something just like this. Game 2 loss was unfortunate, but necessary to get everybody focused, pissed off, and ready to execute and compete without mercy. :ihit

Phenomanul
05-05-2016, 10:25 PM
The Spurs didn't dominate Game 1 of the 2014 Finals, they kept turning the ball over and Miami was leading until midway through the fourth when Green got hot (:cry and so did LeBron :cry)

I see what you did there... reference to A/C Gate... :lol :lol :lol

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2016, 10:43 PM
I expect something just like this. Game 2 loss was unfortunate, but necessary to get everybody focused, pissed off, and ready to execute and compete without mercy. :ihit

Spurs used to split the first 2 games at home regularly when Tim was on his prime, folks are making seem like some rare event.:lol

The 2007 Spurs that swept LeBron lost Gm 2 at AT&T to Melo/AI/Nene/Camby who have been reincarnated as KD/WB/Adams/Ibaka.

daslicer
05-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Spurs used to split the first 2 games at home regularly when Tim was on his prime, folks are making seem like some rare event.:lol

The 2007 Spurs that swept LeBron lost Gm 2 at AT&T to Melo/AI/Nene/Camby who have been reincarnated as KD/WB/Adams/Ibaka.

Whose Kanter?

spurraider21
05-05-2016, 10:49 PM
I see what you did there... reference to A/C Gate... :lol :lol :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdQQjfDUBLY

HankChinaski
05-05-2016, 10:55 PM
What do you expect from fans. If they don't sweep they scream doom and gloom.

Monday's game was an exciting game to watch. The end result stunk. But it is why I watch the sport to begin with. If the rest of the playoffs went like the first round with the grizzlies for the spurs that would be some awful basketball to watch. Adversity is what makes the game/sports interesting to watch. Can never understand people that live their lives through people on a tv screen.

HankChinaski
05-05-2016, 10:56 PM
If that is too much to handle go cheat at checkers or battleship losers.

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Whose Kanter?

Nene was essentially as good a scorer as Kanter & could also defend like Adams along w/ being a very good offensive rebounder along w/ Melo/Najera (it was Camby that used to gobble up the defensive rebounds).

The Nuggets also had Steve Blake who could hit open shots unlike Roberson who has been the worst offensive player in the entire 2nd rd. :lol

skin27
05-06-2016, 12:52 AM
No..in 2014 Spurs had revenge factor vs heat because of 2013 finals and more hungry..right now thunder has the revenge factor vs Spurs because of 2014 lost and more hungrier than the Spurs right now..

spurs10
05-06-2016, 12:59 AM

The 2007 Spurs that swept LeBron lost Gm 2 at AT&T to Melo/AI/Nene/Camby who have been reincarnated as KD/WB/Adams/Ibaka. :tu

Spurs 4 The Win
05-06-2016, 01:40 AM
No..in 2014 Spurs had revenge factor vs heat because of 2013 finals and more hungry..right now thunder has the revenge factor vs Spurs because of 2014 lost and more hungrier than the Spurs right now..

First of all, learn some english. :lol Secondly, both teams are equally hungry, I actually would make the case the Spurs are the far hungrier team, but at minimum they are a push.

soxxx
05-06-2016, 01:47 AM
I get the same feeling but you just dont know, we were clearly the better team through two games but it was on our home court which has been our biggest advantage all year.

Sean Cagney
05-06-2016, 02:04 AM
I like the idea, but it's going to be hard to do without any offensive production from the guard spots, a dead-horse Tim Duncan, and a Kawhi Leonard that struggles with a double-team. The only flickering candle right now is Aldridge hitting shots. But if those shots stop falling, the Spurs are going to be in serious trouble the way they are playing.

But this has pretty much been par for the course with the Spurs of late: Regular season juggernauts that disintegrate in the playoffs. You can only get so far with a near total absence of guard play.

Of late???? Last year a 6th seed so hardly dominated, Wcf 2012, Finals two years in a row after, that is not too bad I would say.

Btw OP as someone said we didnt dominate game 1 2014 finals at all, pulled away really late so no comparison to the thunder game one at all.

Sean Cagney
05-06-2016, 02:12 AM

Actually it was game 1 but your right.

BillMc
05-06-2016, 03:58 AM
Of late???? Last year a 6th seed so hardly dominated, Wcf 2012, Finals two years in a row after, that is not too bad I would say.

Btw OP as someone said we didnt dominate game 1 2014 finals at all, pulled away really late so no comparison to the thunder game one at all.

This. How many teams would take a championship, two finals appearances, three conference finals appearances, as proof that we've been a paper tiger of late? Even our first round loss was hardly a flameout. We were injured and lost on the last play of Game 7 to a marginally better team. This year we're in the semi's, and despite the negativism on this board, are still favored 2-1 to go to the conference finals yet again. The Kawhi/Danny/Boris/Aging Big 3 Spurs have been pretty successful. Who since 2012 has been more? You could certainly argue the Heat, but they missed the playoffs last year. The Dubs are a recent phenomenon. No one else has won a title in that span.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-06-2016, 03:58 AM
Actually it was game 1 but your right.

Same thing actually happened in 03 and 05

Spurs 4 The Win
05-06-2016, 04:01 AM
This. How many teams would take a championship, two finals appearances, three conference finals appearances, as proof that we've been a paper tiger of late? Even our first round loss was hardly a flameout. We were injured and lost on the last play of Game 7 to a marginally better team. This year we're in the semi's, and despite the negativism on this board, are still favored 2-1 to go to the conference finals yet again. The Kawhi/Danny/Boris/Aging Big 3 Spurs have been pretty successful. Who since 2012 has been more? You could certainly argue the Heat, but they missed the playoffs last year. The Dubs are a recent phenomenon. No one else has won a title in that span.

Reality brought to you by BillMc. So many fans on this board are gonna fucking meltdown whenever this magical run ends, whether its in a year, 3 years, or another decade. We have been spoiled and some of the people on here are the most delusional retards I have ever seen.

If you told me in 2007 we would still be competing with all time great teams for championships 10 years later (still with Tim and co.) I wouldve never believed it. This is amazing.

NameLess Scrub
05-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Reality brought to you by BillMc. So many fans on this board are gonna fucking meltdown whenever this magical run ends, whether its in a year, 3 years, or another decade. We have been spoiled and some of the people on here are the most delusional retards I have ever seen.

If you told me in 2007 we would still be competing with all time great teams for championships 10 years later (still with Tim and co.) I wouldve never believed it. This is amazing.

Actually you're right. It's amazing the longevity of this run.

However, I don't think people will melt down that much once it ends.
As I said before, if the team is rebuilding everybody stops caring so much and focus on development, potential and the future.

But the Spurs have been contenders of some sort for 20 years. Fans get hopes up, then the team gets 5 titles and a bunch of disappointments due to stuff like ref crap, bad luck, injuries, or just not being good enough at the end of the day.

I'd be surprised if once this team gets into rebuilding the board continues to have so many melt downs.

On the OP, I hope that happens.

cd021
05-06-2016, 08:49 AM

That game was absolutely nuts. I was convinced that the Spurs were going to blow that game but Green hit like 3 3 pointers and Miami could not score without Lebron and could not stop us on offense.

The next game the Spurs did blow, we missed five straight free throws late in that game

Horse
05-06-2016, 12:55 PM
The biggest difference, to me at least, is you could see Miami and particularly Lebron fatigued, 3 straight finals will do that. Thunder, especially Westbrook won't tire

They won't tire physically but you can bet if we put the pressure on them they will tire mentally and that will break them.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-06-2016, 02:40 PM

Too tired to play for a world championship :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry Get that shit out of here

marinoman
05-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Too tired to play for a world championship :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry Get that shit out of here
The will was there of course, but you can still get tired and slow down, gtfo of here if you don't think people can get tired even if they're pursuing something they really want

Spurs 4 The Win
05-06-2016, 03:06 PM
The will was there of course, but you can still get tired and slow down, gtfo of here if you don't think people can get tired even if they're pursuing something they really want

2011: Spurs 1st Round, Miami Finals
2012: Spurs WCF, Miami Finals
2013: Spurs Finals, Miami Finals
2014: Spurs Finals, Miami Finals

Please explain to me how Miami was tired and we werent, considering we had an older core, and played in the West in much more physically demanding series and played a tougher regular season schedule... lmao, the tired argument for Miami falls apart as soon as you examine the facts.

marinoman
05-06-2016, 03:36 PM
2011: Spurs 1st Round, Miami Finals
2012: Spurs WCF, Miami Finals
2013: Spurs Finals, Miami Finals
2014: Spurs Finals, Miami Finals

Please explain to me how Miami was tired and we werent, considering we had an older core, and played in the West in much more physically demanding series and played a tougher regular season schedule... lmao, the tired argument for Miami falls apart as soon as you examine the facts.
It's insane to me you don't think human beings get tired. We play more guys, more team ball/few isos, constantly rest guys, and yes spurs have shown fatigue at times especially the older guys

Please don't reply, I'm not interested in more of asinine thoughts

Spurs 4 The Win
05-06-2016, 03:38 PM
It's insane to me you don't think human beings get tired. We play more guys, more team ball/few isos, constantly rest guys, and yes spurs have shown fatigue at times especially the older guys

Please don't reply, I'm not interested in more of asinine thoughts

Please dont reply :cry :cry :cry Im tired of you debunking my shitty arguments.

marinoman
05-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Lol at arguing human beings don't tire and thinking you've proved your point. You've succeeded in showing you're not trolling, just really stupid
Congrats!

Spurs 4 The Win
05-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Lol at arguing human beings don't tire and thinking you've proved your point. You've succeeded in showing you're not trolling, just really stupid
Congrats!

The argument is that it is not a valid excuse to say they were tired since we had nearly identical mileage and we had basically been to 3 straight Finals to their 4. And we play in a harder conference with more physical opponents and are an older team. Meanwhile you think that one extra Finals was so draining that it caused LeCramp to go down :cry :cry

marinoman
05-06-2016, 04:33 PM
This is an annoying argument and I don't wanna continue it, but I wil say l you're right it isn't an excuse, if they get tired that's their problem, have better cardio, but imo they looked and played tired

Sean Cagney
05-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Agreed, I have no idea really what he was trying to say with that post. The Spurs have been VERY successful since 012 with this team, more so than most the teams in the league sides maybe the Heat like you said but even then the Spurs you could argue are ahead being they are still near the top and won 67 games this year. His post made no sense at all saying they dominate the regular season but flame out in the playoffs.

Neurosis
05-06-2016, 11:27 PM
We shot like absolute garbage from the FT line tonight. We're winning the next 2 by 10+ each. Book it.

Kawhitstorm
05-07-2016, 12:29 AM
We shot like absolute garbage from the FT line tonight. We're winning the next 2 by 10+ each. Book it.

GM 2 it was missed layups, tonight it was missed FTs. The difference was the missed FTs didn't lead to transition points.

Neurosis
05-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Looks like I was wrong. This is 2014 first-round vs. Dallas, not 2014 vs. Heat.

EDIT: inb4 someone tells me this is 2016 second-round vs. OKC.

Darius Bieber
05-08-2016, 09:50 PM
This is 2012 Western Conference Finals vs OKC.

TampaDude
05-08-2016, 09:55 PM

Actually, I prefer it to be the 2014 WCF vs. OKC. Spurs in 6.

Ice009
05-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Looks like I was wrong. This is 2014 first-round vs. Dallas, not 2014 vs. Heat.

EDIT: inb4 someone tells me this is 2016 second-round vs. OKC.

To answer the op, no, it's not anything like 2014. People around here just love jumping the gun for some reason.

You've got to be a troll.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2016, 10:10 PM
To answer the op, no, it's not anything like 2014. People around here just love jumping the gun for some reason.

You've got to be a troll.

A twat troll actually.