PDA

View Full Version : David Thorpe on Kawhi's Defense VS Westbrook's offense

BillMc
05-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Short but good video on :claw vs Westbrook.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15472072

Floyd Pacquiao
05-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Why was he switching those pick in rolls off him last game :bang

loveforthegame
05-06-2016, 10:49 AM
There was a lot of switching. Must have been Pops plan because he never corrected it. No benching a player. No timeouts to chew players out.

It made no sense.

RD2191
05-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Pop likes to over complicate things so he can come off as a genius when/if it works. He just needs to keep things simple and play his best players as much as possible/needed.

polandprzem
05-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Pop likes to over complicate things so he can come off as a genius when/if it works. He just needs to keep things simple and play his best players as much as possible/needed.

I also thought Pop tried to overcoach. Why switch everything? Even if it did not made any sense?

Also riding Aldridge is okay but at some pojnt you have to use that weapon to pull other. I will rewatch this game. I took a look at few first minutes and we had some good looks and we just had to make few of them to have a game on our side.

Overall our offensive game is not there. Not vs Grizzlies and the previous big games.

Seventyniner
05-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Switching makes sense against players who are similarly dangerous. With the Thunder being so top-heavy on offense and not having shooters near the danger level of Curry and Thompson (or even Barnes and Draymond), fighting through screens makes much more sense. Unfortunately Parker is bad at this and Mills is even worse.