PDA

View Full Version : Pop is offcially done...

Pages : [1] 2 3

ElNono
05-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Posting this before the game is over, tbh, because it doesn't matter... I'm officially in the camp that this guy mailed it in since 2014...

Some of the lineups he's sending out there, or resting guys fueling runs for the other team is inexcusable, IMO

webshad
05-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Interesting. Elaborate please?

HarlemHeat37
05-06-2016, 11:03 PM
It was very strange seeing an out of rhythm Kyle Anderson on the floor in the 4th ahead of Manu, even if the latter wasn't feeling it..

I hate seeing West out there, but the alternatives are scarce, tbh..

ElNono
05-06-2016, 11:05 PM
Play Duncan... West is unplayable in this series

tholdren
05-06-2016, 11:07 PM
he hired becky. he was done

webshad
05-06-2016, 11:07 PM
Big BUCKET, WEST!

objective
05-06-2016, 11:37 PM
West lucked his way to a basket but he was rebounding poison all night.

Did he ever block anyone out?

in2deep
05-06-2016, 11:38 PM
:lmao :lol :lmao

:lol

Seventyniner
05-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Somehow Duncan, West, and Diaw are all liabilities. I would have expected West to do the best because he's not afraid to be physical and can hit a jumper. But he's too short to constantly battle Kanter and Adams and still doesn't quite fit in the flow of the offense with the starters.

Mugen
05-06-2016, 11:44 PM
If I see that Fatheaded nigga again with his jersey shorts about 1 inch below his neck guarding Dominos tbh....

SouthernFried
05-06-2016, 11:44 PM
I'm sure glad nobody takes shit like this seriously...christ, lol.

K...
05-06-2016, 11:45 PM
Eh, he's still a top 3 coach and now he is a recruiter. The mack brown of coaches.

TheGreatYacht
05-06-2016, 11:45 PM
I don't ever want to see Fat Head woddle out there with his Bob Cousy shorts.

I don't think I can take it. You can keep Bonner for a decade Pop but please NO MORE Kyle.

Manu needs more minutes. 18MPG in the playoffs ain't enough

siraulo23
05-06-2016, 11:46 PM
What do you do when too many players are playing poorly

you cant play kawhi/aldridge 48 mins

pgardn
05-06-2016, 11:47 PM

Duncan's length is valuable. Rebounding and rim protection. Westbrook has no fear of West whatsoever.
Of course we still need West, but Aldridge has got to have more help.
I was also mystified by some of the subs and I almost never 2nd guess Pop.

apalisoc_9
Pop has been done for quite a while as an in game coach, Imo.

He still is a huge influence to the team on how disciplined the team plays and the overall structure of the offense and defense though. Its impossisble to replace that.

The only other explantion I can think of for subin g kyle instead of Manu was to match Durants lenght.

West playing was to give kawhi and Aldridge more room.

urunobili
:pop:

Cherry
05-06-2016, 11:48 PM

spursistan
05-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Posting this before the game is over, tbh, because it doesn't matter... I'm officially in the camp that this guy mailed it in since 2014...

Some of the lineups he's sending out there, or resting guys fueling runs for the other team is inexcusable, IMO

we may survive this round, but his bullshit shtick won't fly against the Warriors...that's a 12-0 run, Game Over before you know it.

SpursFan86
05-06-2016, 11:51 PM
Pop has been done for quite a while as an in game coach, Imo.

He still is a huge influence to the team on how disciplined the team plays and the overall structure of the offense and defense though. Its impossisble to replace that.

Yeah I honestly think someone like Stevens is definitely a better in-game coach than Pop at this point...but like you said, the other stuff that Pop does makes him invaluable.

Robz4000
05-06-2016, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the club Nono...

EVAY
05-06-2016, 11:52 PM
I had the same reaction many of you all did tonight. I found myself screaming at the TV that Pop had no business putting the rotations he did out there. I mean, it was one of the worst coaching jobs I have seen from him.

Manu and Tim had just had 4 days off. They had to be as ready to play as they ever would be. Neither of them played as many minutes as they should have tonight. And I kept asking why in the hell was West out there for so long? He finally had one good basket, but mostly he was a liability. Duncan may be a liability, but not as much as West is.

I really really couldn't believe what Pop was doing tonight.

SpursDynasty
05-06-2016, 11:54 PM
Yep..67-15 season and in the conference semifinals up 2-1, totally done coach, imho, tbh, iirc..

UZER
05-06-2016, 11:54 PM
:pop: It's just basketball. Get a life.

SouthernFried
05-06-2016, 11:56 PM
Best coaching by POP this year, than I've ever seen in the NBA.

Completely changed the makeup of the team. Went from the "beautiful" game, to a more ISO game...and has had major SUCCESS doing it. Never seen such a transformation of a team in 1 year, ever. We look nothing like we have in previous years...and we set records doing it.

Threads like this makes me wonder if certain people have any understanding of basketball at all...sigh. lol

pgardn
05-07-2016, 12:00 AM
I think some of us see tonight's game will not cut it for the entirety of the playoffs.
They choked. I'll take it.

And btw. Fk the regular season record. We need to play better than what we saw tonight.
I do not think Pop has mailed anything in. He was as animated as ever. But the subbing was bizarre.
We gotta be better or Tim won't get close to 6.

apalisoc_9
05-07-2016, 12:02 AM

Completely changed the makeup of the team. Went from the "beautiful" game, to a more ISO game...and has had major SUCCESS doing it. Never seen such a transformation of a team in 1 year, ever. We look nothing like we have in previous years...and we set records doing it.

Threads like this makes me wonder if certain people have any understanding of basketball at all...sigh. lol

I dont think anyone is refering to pops ability to implement the right system. Kawhi become a 21ppg player, and this team became a mix of star power and motion offense. Even mainstream casuals didnt want that to happen.

He's just done when it comes to in game coaching. Hes been so Loose the last two years. Making terrible rotations etc.

ElNono
05-07-2016, 12:03 AM
I think some of us see tonight's game will not cut it for the entirety of the playoffs.
They choked. I'll take it.

And btw. Fk the regular season record. We need to play better than what we saw tonight.

Yeah, that's why I posted this before the result of tonight's game was set: has nothing to do with this game particularly, but overall this series and this season as a whole.

I thought his Boris-West schtick was regular season minute burning, or giving Kyle minutes, but now is crunch time and he still pulls this shit out.

NASpurs
05-07-2016, 12:06 AM

Yeah I thought the same thing reading your post.

SouthernFried
05-07-2016, 12:08 AM
I dont think anyone is refering to pops ability to implement the right system. Kawhi become a 21ppg player, and this team became a mix of star power and motion offense. Even mainstream casuals didnt want that to happen.

He's just done when it comes to in game coaching. Hes been so Loose the last two years. Making terrible rotations etc.

These are the same players he's used all year, that gave us one of the best benches in the NBA. It's not the coaches fault these same guys that did so well in the regular season, are underperforming in the playoffs. You can only put LMA and Kawhi in so many times a game. He has to put in and rely on other players during the game. They ain't producing...and that's not on the coach.

marinoman
05-07-2016, 12:08 AM
It's ok, Parker can coach.

Disappointed no gif yet tbh

DDUBB1770
05-07-2016, 12:15 AM

Fat guy saying fat guy things... Uggghhhh

DMC
05-07-2016, 12:21 AM
Eh, he's still a top 3 coach and now he is a recruiter. The mack brown of coaches.

You can't say the Mack Brown of coaches, Mack Brown was a coach. He was the Mack Brown coaches.

Duncanforthree
05-07-2016, 12:21 AM
Still think we can put Boban in to spell Tim and LMA when the Bobo/West combo is being ineffective.

Mikeanaro
05-07-2016, 12:32 AM
I wouldnt say he is done but those rotations...

r0drig0lac
05-07-2016, 12:45 AM
If I see that Fatheaded nigga again with his jersey shorts about 1 inch below his neck guarding Dominos tbh....

I don't ever want to see Fat Head woddle out there with his Bob Cousy shorts.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

hater
05-07-2016, 12:52 AM

:lmao

ElMexicaNoNo :lmao

playbonner15
05-07-2016, 01:05 AM
Put in Boban this series and let him work on the moustache bros, then Pop can be considered goat

ElNono
05-07-2016, 01:47 AM

ElMexicaNoNo :lmao

:lol what's so funny?

good game from your guy Adams, he only let LMA drop 24 on him, crofl

YGWHI
05-07-2016, 02:22 AM
or resting guys fueling runs for the other team is inexcusable, IMO
Kawhi won't play +40 minutes game in this series.

He's 6 years younger than LMA and plays 7 minutes less per game than him..Pop's so good at math.

SAGirl
05-07-2016, 02:25 AM
He's not. We got a win.

Ultimately he played his guys. LMA 44 minutes, Kawhi 40, Tony and Danny 35. Those were our best players this game and they got us the win this time.

Can it be Nono you are upset Manu played just 20? I think Pop managed his minutes on account of having to play him again Sunday afternoon and this being a late night game.

The Timmy thing is actually more concerning. He's not scoring, he doesn't do well on switches, he's slow on defense. It's difficult for our team to score when he's in bc he's not scoring inside on the PnR and yet he clogs the lane as bigs can double off him and they don't guard his jumpshot either. I was frustrated by the lack of rim protection and rebounding from Dwest too, and we may be having trouble on that end if TD can't stay on the floor but we won this game with him at less than 14 minutes... these are not the old big 3 anymore.

Diaw, wow! He used to own Ibaka and how low has he fallen in the rotation. He's an enigma at this point.I can't forget how absent he was so often through the season and how he's being invisible here.

Kyle? Really? that's your beef? Just 3 minutes. Nuff said.

james evans
05-07-2016, 02:50 AM
Duncan's length is valuable. Rebounding and rim protection. Westbrook has no fear of West whatsoever.
Of course we still need West, but Aldridge has got to have more help.
I was also mystified by some of the subs and I almost never 2nd guess Pop.
yeah, but duncan is having trouble holding the fucking ball and hitting layups now

ElNono
05-07-2016, 08:58 AM
He's not. We got a win.

Ultimately he played his guys. LMA 44 minutes, Kawhi 40, Tony and Danny 35. Those were our best players this game and they got us the win this time.

Can it be Nono you are upset Manu played just 20? I think Pop managed his minutes on account of having to play him again Sunday afternoon and this being a late night game.

Yeah, that's why I posted this before the result of tonight's game was set: has nothing to do with this game particularly, but overall this series and this season as a whole.

The Timmy thing is actually more concerning. He's not scoring, he doesn't do well on switches, he's slow on defense. It's difficult for our team to score when he's in bc he's not scoring inside on the PnR and yet he clogs the lane as bigs can double off him and they don't guard his jumpshot either. I was frustrated by the lack of rim protection and rebounding from Dwest too, and we may be having trouble on that end if TD can't stay on the floor but we won this game with him at less than 14 minutes... these are not the old big 3 anymore.

Diaw, wow! He used to own Ibaka and how low has he fallen in the rotation. He's an enigma at this point.I can't forget how absent he was so often through the season and how he's being invisible here.

I thought his Boris-West schtick was regular season minute burning, or giving Kyle minutes, but now is crunch time and he still pulls this shit out.

Kyle? Really? that's your beef? Just 3 minutes. Nuff said.

That's 3 minutes too many.

And, tbh, this whole thing goes even before this season. IIRC, he did just as terrible job against the Clippers last playoffs... Mugen get in here

TheCerebral1
05-07-2016, 09:04 AM

Tell me this if they're eliminated from the playoffs. Until then, please STFU. This type of sycophantic rant is absolutely hilarious. He's utilized talents off the street into valuable parts of the franchise. He consistently takes pressure off of his stars and has gotten Aldridge into the system successfully. This is just crap.

urunobili
05-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Kyle on Ibaka makes more sense than Kyle on Durant...

ElNono
05-07-2016, 09:17 AM
Tell me this if they're eliminated from the playoffs. Until then, please STFU. This type of sycophantic rant is absolutely hilarious. He's utilized talents off the street into valuable parts of the franchise. He consistently takes pressure off of his stars and has gotten Aldridge into the system successfully. This is just crap.

:cry leave my Pop alone :cry

As a fan I want nothing more than Pop to prove me wrong, tbh. Posting this after a potential elimination will go as a knee-jerk reaction, and lost in the noise, but this, IMO, could be one of the biggest issues looking forward past this season.

It's not all him, obviously, but 2014 Pop was a super sharp guy (probably in a big part because of what transpired in 2013), even the players pointed it out.

At least that year he worked all year in having an amazing bench, this time around we clearly don't have that, since we have older guys and some guys like Boris that are underperforming. This has been obvious pretty much all season.

Spurs9
05-07-2016, 09:27 AM
OP was almost right when he put in Kyle

Mugen
05-07-2016, 09:42 AM
He coached a better game in Game 3 but still had some WTF moments at times tbh. It was great to see LMA/KAwhi's minutes in the 40 but Fathead shouldn't see meaningful mins this series.

He should have a massive coaching advantage over Scotty Donovan but it's been largely even so far IMO, which is embarrassing tbh.

Still got games left to prove himself but if you combine the Clippers series last year to the first 3 games of the OKC series, Pop absolutely deserves some criticism...

in2deep
05-07-2016, 09:45 AM

have to agree here. hear hear

Beaverfuzz
05-07-2016, 09:50 AM

Nice job dickbox.

Beaverfuzz
05-07-2016, 09:51 AM
It was very strange seeing an out of rhythm Kyle Anderson on the floor in the 4th ahead of Manu, even if the latter wasn't feeling it..

I hate seeing West out there, but the alternatives are scarce, tbh..

Manu is so slow and terrible on defense that it wasn't a surprise Big Head was in.

houston spurs fan
05-07-2016, 10:03 AM
I question Kyle being in there at all. But honestly, I think Pop's genius shown through last night. His leadership, calling guys to pay such attention to detail, resting guys all season so they can play these types of minutes, and on and on...I think after 100K posts on this site maybe OP should be asking the question of himself...

LittleCriminal
05-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Do any of you think playing the guys under 30 minutes during the regular season has any effect on the guys who are now playing over 30 plus minutes in the playoffs?

SAGirl
05-07-2016, 11:14 AM
And, tbh, this whole thing goes even before this season. IIRC, he did just as terrible job against the Clippers last playoffs... Mugen (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15519) get in here
Hard to agree with you when we had a historic season. We are up 2-1 and the one game we lost was by 1 point and a series of blunders, including Kawhi coming out sleepwalking and having just one made bucket in the 4th. (What do you call Timmy missing layup after open layup?)

I thought he overplayed Tony last season specially when we had Cojo last season and Cojo has been fantastic for the Raptors but even the Raptors doubt on benching Lowry and Cojo needed the ball to be effective, he's a poor off ball player.

Aside from that he again played his guys and put them in a position to win but they didn't get it done. He even gave as many minutes as he could spare to the two guys who were super hot that series, Marco and Patty, but their lack of transition defense, and Austin Rivers going HAM on them negated whatever good they did. He hacked Jordan which I hated but two things were killing us, terrible transition defense and bad refereeing calling fouls on guys who are 90% FT shooting. For everything he did, he had a reason.

I actually think he's been more willing to play the hot hands outside of his two stars, than he's ever been b4.

Nope, I can't agree with you on this one. Winning on the road is no picnic and results do matter. In the playoffs it's the only thing that matters.

jjktkk
05-07-2016, 02:25 PM
He coached a better game in Game 3 but still had some WTF moments at times tbh. It was great to see LMA/KAwhi's minutes in the 40 but Fathead shouldn't see meaningful mins this series.

He should have a massive coaching advantage over Scotty Donovan but it's been largely even so far IMO, which is embarrassing tbh.

Still got games left to prove himself but if you combine the Clippers series last year to the first 3 games of the OKC series, Pop absolutely deserves some criticism...

LOL,"left to prove himself"? WTF. Sure Pop deserves some criticism, but you always seem to go above and beyond criticizing him. Way too over the top. Your posts make it seem like the man doesn't even now what he's doing.

ElNono
05-07-2016, 02:27 PM
tbh, I've always been one of the biggest Pop supporters on this site (except for the Bonner saga)... I just get the sense he's not engaged as other seasons, IMO.

Darius McCrary
05-07-2016, 02:31 PM
ElNoNo still livin off dat fame for being the big dude with nacho stains on his jersey behind Parker when he hit that game winning baseline jumper up in like Philly or somewhere like that

jjktkk
05-07-2016, 02:41 PM
tbh, I've always been one of the biggest Pop supporters on this site (except for the Bonner saga)... I just get the sense he's not engaged as other seasons, IMO.

I got mad love and respect for ya EL, but this thread.... Anyway, what about this being just a bad matchup for the Spurs? Westbrook, when he's on, is unguardable. Durant, enough said. Their entire front line is huge and can defend, and now Ibaka is becoming lethal from the 3 point line. Now they even have a couple of valuable bench players in Kantur and Waiters, who is a decent defender all of a sudden. The one thing the Spurs don't have(athleticism), is the one thing OKC has a abundance of. This a tough matchup, just like GS will be, provided we get there.

MultiTroll
05-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Should be playing Boban against Mustache and Borat.
No reason not to.

Hope it does not cost us.

ElNono
05-07-2016, 05:27 PM
I got mad love and respect for ya EL, but this thread.... Anyway, what about this being just a bad matchup for the Spurs? Westbrook, when he's on, is unguardable. Durant, enough said. Their entire front line is huge and can defend, and now Ibaka is becoming lethal from the 3 point line. Now they even have a couple of valuable bench players in Kantur and Waiters, who is a decent defender all of a sudden. The one thing the Spurs don't have(athleticism), is the one thing OKC has a abundance of. This a tough matchup, just like GS will be, provided we get there.

sup my dude! Absolutely there's matchup issues, we knew from the get go they had bigs that cause trouble. They're not the best offensive rebounding team just by pure luck, but that's why I don't understand why West is out there while Timmy, that is old and all, but still the much superior defender and rebounder had to watch from the bench. I mean, even if his offense is limited, THIS is the series he can help us out on. If we manage to get to GSW, I can get Tim not needing to play a lot, tbh, but in this series, where you have to body up and outrebound the mustache bros, why the hell you go with the midget big?

And the resting thing... I remember this same coach riding Timmy for 44+, basically taking every other offensive possession while dominating on defense... this ridiculous resting stuff, after 4 days off, especially when we don't really have a lot of slack off the bench, is just maddening. I get it that you rest them in the regular season. But you rest them for now.

gilmor
05-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Actually West played pretty well in Game 3.. made a couple of crucial baskets

Keepin' it real
05-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Do any of you think playing the guys under 30 minutes during the regular season has any effect on the guys who are now playing over 30 plus minutes in the playoffs?

No

UZER
05-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Because...

:pop: it's just basketball

...that's why. Pop hasn't had the same fire for a while now.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Everyone knows that drunk can't coach. Worst coach left in the playoffs, tbh.

Facts.

honestfool84
05-07-2016, 06:52 PM
ElNono... Normally I agree with you on most things... But I can't on this one. I mean, it's not like the Spurs didn't just have the highest win total this year in Spurs history - all the while integrating something a new big piece into the rotation...

Mugen
05-07-2016, 07:20 PM
ElNono...you should have known better tbh. 99% of Spurstalk are going to defend Pop no matter what...

GNSF just don't understand the game......elitist thing to say but man if you think Pop has coached a great series so far, I don't know what to tell you tbh.....

UZER
05-07-2016, 07:25 PM
ElNono...you should have known better tbh. 99% of Spurstalk are going to defend Pop no matter what...

GNSF just don't understand the game......elitist thing to say but man if you think Pop has coached a great series so far, I don't know what to tell you tbh.....

In fairness, many GNSFs were calling out Pop way before Nono. Way before this series, way before this season.

ElNono
05-07-2016, 10:23 PM

tbh, I'm pretty cautious about this stuff, didn't say much last playoffs against the Clippers, maybe it was a fluke or something (especially the Patty situation)... and Kawhi really shit the bed too back then, so you had that too.

But it's hard to keep ignoring it and pretend it's not happening, IMO. I mean, hopefully Matty publishes the gay photos he has of him, and he can move on and find again that coaching fire, tbh...

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Never thought I'd see an idiot out choke OKC in the 4th quarter. Every single fucking game, this dude gets too cute to start the 4th...

Boban pushed Kanter's Shit in the whole year... Gets less minutes than Kyle fucking Anderson :lmao

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Eh, not sure how Pop can be blamed for this loss..

They have the best player in the series and he was on fire tonight + Waiters had his monthly good game..

spursistan
05-08-2016, 09:26 PM
This guy has clearly lost his edge... watching the turd towers getting destroyed on the glass in that momentum-shifting start of quarter.:lmao.

Fuck him, he is done as an elite in-game manager..

MultiTroll
05-08-2016, 09:27 PM
It's pretty hard to maintain a 10 point lead against the likes of Billy Donovan.

Can Pop outwit Billy Donovan in this series?

SpursFan86
Who would've thought David West can't guard Durant? Shocker, tbh...

SuperCam
Doesn't help our supposed super star got son'd by durbeta and waiters the entire 4th qtr :bang

dabom
05-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Stagnate ass flow. Pop being a little bitch not playing Boban even though he makes OKC bigs small.

DarrinS
Op is is flaming faggot

HarlemHeat37
Not sure how anybody can blame Pop for tonight, tbh..he deserves a lot of blame for game 2, he was the biggest reason for the loss IMO, but not tonight..

tholdren
He's a great people manager. It comes down to what we all knew it would. Pop would rather die playing david west and danny green than put in anyone.

Shit game by green. Shit series by west.

Spurs will rebound at home.

Robz4000
05-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Poop strikes again.

spursistan
05-08-2016, 09:30 PM
it has been an unpopular opinion on ST held by few since 2014, but I'm fairly at ease now saying Carlisle is the best coach in the NBA..

spursmvp
05-08-2016, 09:30 PM
how is boban gonna handle KD pick and roll? You really want to see him switch out on KD?

We lost cause LMA and kawhi didn't make shit in the 4th. Kawhi just missed 2 open 3's in a row. When 40 mill of your payroll is scoring less than waiters, welp.

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Eh, not sure how Pop can be blamed for this loss..

They have the best player in the series and he was on fire tonight + Waiters had his monthly good game..
ISO ball & David West.

Lamarcus got easier shots in Portland than he did here :lol he was just hitting everything the first 2 games. Tbh

With the way everybody talks about his system, you'd expect Kawhi got easier shots than having to go at Steven Adams for a dunk...

16 assists

NASpurs
05-08-2016, 09:32 PM
That fucking lineup that was getting destroyed that consisted of Manu guarding Durant , which fueled all of this btw. Durant was on the line, Pop calls s timeout and he comes back with that same lineup. I was laughing because any fucking moron could see that lineup wasn't working. The avalanche had slowly started and it was too late to push it back.

Fuck the refs too.

Texas_Ranger
He's done since 14 championship.

Mugen
That Boris/West frontcout should never see the light of day against Kanter/Adams tbh. Oh well.

lefty
05-08-2016, 09:41 PM
As expected, Pop sucking the oppenents' cocks in the presser

spursistan
05-08-2016, 09:44 PM
I don't give shit, this team diced with being 1-3 because of terrible lineup choices of their coach..

his utter lack of awareness as when to go for this kill is mind-boggling..Should've stopped the bleeding and yanked one Diaw/West at the first sight of rebounding massacre when we were up 2-4 in the fourth..Playoff Road wins hard to come fuckin by, you don't throw' em away...

ElNono
05-08-2016, 09:45 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao who made this a poll???? Slomo? :lol

Slomo
05-08-2016, 09:48 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao who made this a poll???? Slomo (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=121)? :lol

I was merging two other threads with this one. Apparently one was a poll...

timtonymanu
05-08-2016, 09:48 PM
Game 4 ends and here we are still bitching about Diaw/West. Should have been the first adjustment in this series, tbh.

ElNono
05-08-2016, 09:49 PM

:tu

MultiTroll
05-08-2016, 09:50 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao who made this a poll???? Slomo (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=121)? :lol
my polls been added but we can't vote. :rollin

baseline bum
05-08-2016, 09:51 PM
my polls been added but we can't vote. :rollin

Slomo passed a voter ID law tbh

MultiTroll
05-08-2016, 09:56 PM
We had The Beautiful Game goin for quite a while with the subs in the late 1st and 2nd qtr.
10 point lead and situation screamed for Boban as that punk ass thug Mustache Adams was pulling cheap shit left and right.

No, lets go back to iso ball with Parker holding the ball and taking all the shots, like his circus shots going in were gonna last all game:rolleyes. And bench all the guys who had built up the lead.

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2016, 10:01 PM
As expected, Pop sucking the oppenents' cocks in the presser
Did the reporters question his coaching? Probably not, that's why he made his schtick

TD 21
05-08-2016, 10:31 PM
How he continues to play West-Diaw together against Adams-Kanter, particularly at the start of the 4th, is beyond me. This is something that shouldn't have happened to begin with, never mind repeatedly doing it.

He runs Aldridge into the ground in games 2 and 3, then sits him for over 5 minutes in the 2nd half tonight. It probably wouldn't have made the difference, but one of him, Duncan or Marjanovic needs to be in at all times.

Diaw also should have closed over West. I don't like West with Aldridge; neither rolls or spaces to three, plus there's limited rim protection and rebounding. Obviously, there's even less so of the latter with Diaw over West, but at least he can space to three and adds another secondary ball handler/play maker. He's also a far better option to switch off ball screens involving Durant.

And I don't care what anyone says, lack of volume three-point shooting is this team's biggest issue. It's time to dust off Martin for spot minutes.

MultiTroll
05-08-2016, 10:35 PM
And I don't care what anyone says, lack of volume three-point shooting is this team's biggest issue. It's time to dust off Martin for spot minutes.
When Green is obviously ice cold like tonight, you have to adjust.
I'd rather see others taking treys then risking completely unproven Martin tho.

spursistan
05-08-2016, 10:36 PM
How he continues to play West-Diaw together against Adams-Kanter, particularly at the start of the 4th, is beyond me. This is something that shouldn't have happened to begin with, never mind repeatedly doing it.

He runs Aldridge into the ground in games 2 and 3, then sits him for over 5 minutes in the 2nd half tonight. It probably wouldn't have made the difference, but one of him, Duncan or Marjanovic needs to be in at all times.

Diaw also should have closed over West. I don't like West with Aldridge; neither rolls or spaces to three, plus there's limited rim protection and rebounding. Obviously, there's even less so of the latter with Diaw over West, but at least he can space to three and adds another secondary ball handler/play maker. He's also a far better option to switch off ball screens involving Durant.

What is also mind-boggling in this is West midrange jumper has looked broken the entire playoffs and he can't create his own shot, and if he does it is Green-level of awkwardness..

Like many others, I've lost faith in Pop pushing the right buttons, hence this thread which is culmination of two seasons of cavalier-coaching..

TD 21
05-08-2016, 10:46 PM

Martin is a proven shooter. This team needs someone like him, who on nights like tonight, can come in for spot minutes and hopefully get hot from 3.

What is also mind-boggling in this is West midrange jumper has looked broken the entire playoffs and he can't create his own shot, and if he does it is Green-level of awkwardness..

Like many others, I've lost faith in Pop pushing the right buttons, hence this thread which is culmination of two seasons of cavalier-coaching..

Yeah. On the whole, West has had a better season than Diaw, but the former hasn't exactly been a world beater himself, in the playoffs. Overall, it's strange the degree to which Pop perceives the gap.

And I don't want to hear "it's a match-up issue", because West can't match-up against Adams/Kanter either. He needs to pick a direction. If he wants to match-up with them, play Duncan more. If he wants to cause a mismatch on the other end, play Diaw. West plays into their hands by not being able to negate the former or cause the latter.

TheGreatYacht
05-09-2016, 12:00 AM
The "soft" card basically:

Saw that response coming a mile away. The predictability is affecting his in-game coaching now too..

SAGirl
05-09-2016, 12:24 AM
Danny didn't get open to shoot and he's obviously there to defend on Durant.

SAGirl
05-09-2016, 12:29 AM
Still can't blame Pop bc he was forced to play Diaw as much as he did (net negative tonight despite scoring and he had previously been kept at a minimum of minutes) bc Timmy got in foul trouble and has looked done? It's disconcerting the Timmy issue. We are suffering more from Timmys decline than anything else

I'd like him to do something about the Diaw/West line-up at this point though.

MultiTroll
05-09-2016, 12:36 AM
The "soft" card basically:

Saw that response coming a mile away. The predictability is affecting his in-game coaching now too..
Very insulting to the players.
I've been re watching parts. No way shape or form was it lack of effort or *toughness*
More like ThundeRef bullshit.
Which Popped won't call out. :cry He's so classy:cry

TheGreatYacht
05-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Very insulting to the players.
I've been re watching parts. No way shape or form was it lack of effort or *toughness*
More like ThundeRef bullshit.
Which Popped won't call out. :cry He's so classy:cry
He's gotten soft. Can't wait for 2020.

lefty
05-09-2016, 01:28 AM

:cry BOLD ME

TheGreatYacht
05-09-2016, 01:35 AM
:cry BOLD ME
Heat of the moment got me :depressed

05-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Pop's over coaching or lack of adjustment has sunk as many championship runs as Manu's bone headed plays. Prime example of winning overshadowing a player's/coach's legacy.

timtonymanurich
05-09-2016, 10:00 AM
So, unless Pop SWEEPS every Playoff series, we're going to read PURE BS douchetard posts like this?

Please continue on your asinine theory on how Pop is sabotaging the season, and OKC playoff series after tallying the Franchises BEST Winning season?? CLOWN.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Can we all agree that Pop has been out-coached by a Donovan the past 3 games?:lol

The series has devolved into ISO ball which is what OKC wants & Donovan has done a good job of adjusting his rotation from game to game.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Not sure how anybody can blame Pop for tonight, tbh..he deserves a lot of blame for game 2, he was the biggest reason for the loss IMO, but not tonight..

He let OKC get away w/ playing Kanter the entire 4th quarter without making him defend in SPACE.:wakeup (KawhISO ain't the right call)

Switiching West onto Durant?!?!?! :rolleyes (Talk about pouring gasoline to the fire)

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 02:32 PM
ISO ball & David West.

Lamarcus got easier shots in Portland than he did here :lol he was just hitting everything the first 2 games. Tbh

With the way everybody talks about his system, you'd expect Kawhi got easier shots than having to go at Steven Adams for a dunk...

16 assists

:toast

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 02:38 PM

If Patty doesn't show up in the 1st half of Gm 4 then I would like him to be benched for K-Mart.

SAGirl
05-09-2016, 02:43 PM
If Patty doesn't show up in the 1st half of Gm 4 then I would like him to be benched for K-Mart.
I always thought that if there was one guy Kmart could do a good facsimile of was Patty if he was failing us.

spursistan
05-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Can we all agree that Pop has been out-coached by a Donovan the past 3 games?:lol

The series has devolved into ISO ball which is what OKC wants & Donovan has done a good job of adjusting his rotation from game to game.
The coaching match-up has been a wash, at best, which is disconcerting in itself :lol.

Pop late career legacy/reputation wouldn't be the same had he lost that Mavericks series in which he got out-coached by RC..He would be on a pathetic run of "these playoffs are not for Splitter" vs Hollins, Backdoor-swept by Scottie Brooks,Game 6, 8ed 2.0, Tom Rivers..

polandprzem
05-09-2016, 02:56 PM

Donovan is doing fine job. Esp when you can change the style of play and start moving the ball n HC which was the biggest problem for OKC ... Damn and we have great defenders in Leo and Danny. IDK how this all collapsed?
Donovan made Parker beat them and it's working. LMA is not even close to his shooting rhythm and Leo is forcing those isos plus he can't take care of the switches OKC making. How it;s possible that the Leo - LMA pnr game is not deadly?

Also with those Spurs switches and Boris backing down it looked like Pop was preparing Spurs for the Warriors.
Anyway shutting Danny down and making TP beat them along with Duncan being done and Leo-LMA not as efficent we are in a hole tbh.

We need some monster game now. I mean ofensively manu Patty and Boris and defensively Danny and Leo plus the fricking rebounds. Come ne TD KILL THOSE BOARDS FOR SAKES!

polandprzem
05-09-2016, 02:57 PM
btw. we have frickin messina as well WTF this shit?!

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 02:57 PM
The coaching match-up has been a wash, at best, which is disconcerting in itself :lol.

Pop late career legacy/reputation wouldn't be the same had he lost that Mavericks series in which he got out-coached by RC..He would be on a pathetic run of "these playoffs are not for Splitter" vs Hollins, Backdoor-swept by Scottie Brooks,Game 6, 8ed 2.0, Tom Rivers..

Pat Riley & Pop are the most overrated Xs/Os coaches, they are essentially front offices types who happen to be good coaches b/c of their "people's skills".

I'm pretty sure Pop idolized Riley & that's the reason they are good buddies.

SAGirl
05-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Donovan is doing fine job. Esp when you can change the style of play and start moving the ball n HC which was the biggest problem for OKC ... Damn and we have great defenders in Leo and Danny. IDK how this all collapsed?
Donovan made Parker beat them and it's working. LMA is not even close to his shooting rhythm and Leo is forcing those isos plus he can't take care of the switches OKC making. How it;s possible that the Leo - LMA pnr game is not deadly?

Also with those Spurs switches and Boris backing down it looked like Pop was preparing Spurs for the Warriors.
Anyway shutting Danny down and making TP beat them along with Duncan being done and Leo-LMA not as efficent we are in a hole tbh.

We need some monster game now. I mean ofensively manu Patty and Boris and defensively Danny and Leo plus the fricking rebounds. Come ne TD KILL THOSE BOARDS FOR SAKES!
Leo is a good scorer but he's not a good enough passer.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Leo is a good scorer but he's not a good enough passer.

The offense is basically running through two Carmelos (Kawhi/LMA) w/ a sprinkle of 2014 Tony. Pop is essentially out ISO'ing OKC which is kind of hard to do, tbh.:lol

Brazil
05-09-2016, 03:17 PM
:lol reading shit like he lost it since 2014 title.... there were similar threads about Pop is done and stuff during mavs serie... we have seen the results.

Serie is 2-2, have minimum of deceny of calling him out when serie is over

Brazil
05-09-2016, 03:37 PM
:lol I'm pretty sure OP did throw Pop under the bus at one point of Mavs serie

Few years ago, after a loss ST way of thinking was: blame Bonner, blame ref, blame pop... now that bonner does not play anymore it is blame pop, blame ref, blame whomever had a bad game and if you are not sure blame parker

polandprzem
05-09-2016, 03:45 PM
:lol reading shit like he lost it since 2014 title.... there were similar threads about Pop is done and stuff during mavs serie... we have seen the results.

Serie is 2-2, have minimum of deceny of calling him out when serie is over

If this was a given ...

Pop always is overrated and we have chokers, so it does not matter what people post

z0sa
05-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Even my casual fan friends were calling Pop out last night, tbh...

UZER
05-09-2016, 04:29 PM

Few years ago, after a loss ST way of thinking was: blame Bonner, blame ref, blame pop... now that bonner does not play anymore it is blame pop, blame ref, blame whomever had a bad game and if you are not sure blame parker

Blame Bonner and blame Pop were one and the same. Bonner was who he was and couldn't take himself out of games.

SAGirl
05-09-2016, 05:03 PM
The offense is basically running through two Carmelos (Kawhi/LMA) w/ a sprinkle of 2014 Tony. Pop is essentially out ISO'ing OKC which is kind of hard to do, tbh.:lol
Yup. Tim going down is terrible too bc he's a good passer.
That's the season right there. I still think we can win this but Tim not being able to stay in games is a huge blow. I would be bold and say we can't win without him the way our team is getting outworked on the boards.

To me everyone can say Pop is done but if it's Timmy who is done, what else can he do? If you are ElNono you say we live and die by Tim, West is a good player if he is played in his role but Timmys role was rim protection and rebounding and D west is poor in those two areas. Play Tim or due!!! (Exaggerating sorry Nono :lol)

The alternatives? Suppose Pop actually wants to win this and is not going to Tim or die:

1. GO small? At this point f*ck it, he might bc if his small lineups are not good enough to beat OKC they won't beat the dubs. Maybe it's time but it seems to me like Pop only plays small if he has to.

2. Boban? Maybe, but Pop tried him briefly in game 2 and it was just 3 minutes but there were two Adams dunks at the rim on PnR in that brief stretch. Pop should have tried him again in one of these games. If Boban plays they need to make adjustments on how they will defend PNR, can Boban execute those? He seems to still be learning the game at this level (as many have mentioned, he still needs to be reminded to protect the ball from swipes, keeping hands up, etc.) I suppose it's worth a try. He can always be pulled if he's not executing the plan well.

polandprzem
05-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Yup. Tim going down is terrible too bc he's a good passer.
That's the season right there. I still think we can win this but Tim not being able to stay in games is a huge blow. I would be bold and say we can't win without him the way our team is getting outworked on the boards.

To me everyone can say Pop is done but if it's Timmy who is done, what else can he do? If you are ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) you say we live and die by Tim, West is a good player if he is played in his role but Timmys role was rim protection and rebounding and D west is poor in those two areas. Play Tim or due!!! (Exaggerating sorry Nono :lol)

The alternatives? Suppose Pop actually wants to win this and is not going to Tim or die:

1. GO small? At this point f*ck it, he might bc if his small lineups are not good enough to beat OKC they won't beat the dubs. Maybe it's time but it seems to me like Pop only plays small if he has to.

2. Boban? Maybe, but Pop tried him briefly in game 2 and it was just 3 minutes but there were two Adams dunks at the rim on PnR in that brief stretch. Pop should have tried him again in one of these games. If Boban plays they need to make adjustments on how they will defend PNR, can Boban execute those? He seems to still be learning the game at this level (as many have mentioned, he still needs to be reminded to protect the ball from swipes, keeping hands up, etc.) I suppose it's worth a try. He can always be pulled if he's not executing the plan well.

Yea I also thought Duncan need to have a good series for us to defeat OKC. Let's hope he can have some impact on the next two games.

It can be Pop pulls the plug and TD will now show up on the court again this series. It would be damn hard to fight OKCs frontcourt like we already saw

ElNono
05-09-2016, 05:27 PM

Brah, I already explained earlier in the thread that it's not about just this series...

Scroll back and read, it's not that difficult, tbh

lefty
05-09-2016, 05:49 PM
he hired becky. he was done
:lmao Feminazis

Venti Quattro

spursistan
05-09-2016, 06:03 PM
:lmao Feminazis

Venti Quattro (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17094)
tbh Becky has the look of typical Iron Woman with more testicles than men in similar profession..I'm for promoting her once Parker retires..

http://mac.h-cdn.co/assets/15/10/980x490/landscape_nrm_1425357350-mcx030115fespotlightbecky001.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/assets/150727120438-becky-hammon-new-york-knicks-v-san-antonio-spurs.1200x672.jpeg

lefty
05-09-2016, 06:06 PM
lol Green is like "Im not listening to this woman"

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 06:12 PM

OKC murdered the Duds "Death" lineup so I don't see how the Spurs small-ball stands a chance unless OKC also goes small.:lol

Pop's defensive game plan has been shitty when it comes to the PnR. Play Tim 30 minutes & change the defensive coverage:
-Just camp Tim in the paint & dare WestBrick to jackup uncontested pullups instead of hedging high
-Put KD on Kawhi Island from the go & live w/ the result instead of switching

SAGirl
05-09-2016, 06:55 PM
OKC murdered the Duds "Death" lineup so I don't see how the Spurs small-ball stands a chance unless OKC also goes small.:lol

Pop's defensive game plan has been shitty when it comes to the PnR. Play Tim 30 minutes & change the defensive coverage:
-Just camp Tim in the paint & dare WestBrick to jackup uncontested pullups instead of hedging high
-Put KD on Kawhi Island from the go & live w/ the result instead of switching
I am assuming Tim is not doing well enough to play that much, but if he is, he should definitely play. I didn't know OKC vs GSW small ball was advantage OKC, in that case it won't be for us either, since that's not even our style.

I don't think Danny can guard KD. KD has figured him out. At times you have to blitz him. If Russ plays like he did last game getting others involved they will be difficult and getting Durant the ball they will be tough. It all comes back to Timmy though. If he's not doing well we probably aren't getting past them unless an unexpected role player goes supernova and we don't have guys like that. Mills is about the only unaccounted for but he's not playing well.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 07:11 PM
I am assuming Tim is not doing well enough to play that much, but if he is, he should definitely play.

David West isn't going to grow overnight so playing him against Kanter/Adams is like beating a dead horse, you are going to get the same results. (Reminds me of when Mark Jackson played David Lee at center against DeAndre who ate him alive in the 2014 series but at least BOTH Bogut/Ezeli were injured). Basically, leave Tim out there until he fouls out or is carried off on a stretcher.:rolleyes

I don't think Danny can guard KD. KD has figured him out. At times you have to blitz him. If Russ plays like he did last game getting others involved they will be difficult and getting Durant the ball they will be tough.

Danny is a good on the ball defender but Durant is moving off the ball & shooting off the curl so Danny can't challenge his shot. Kawhi is the only guy in the league that can block Durant's shots, so put him on Kawhi Island. It will also bait WestBrick to challenge Danny since he will be freed up from the Island.

05-09-2016, 07:16 PM
if you are not sure blame parker

05-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Danny is a good on the ball defender but Durant is moving off the ball & shooting off the curl so Danny can't challenge his shot. Kawhi is the only guy in the league that can block Durant's shots, so put him on Kawhi Island. It will also bait WestBrick to challenge Danny since he will be freed up from the Island.My thoughts exactly. We saw that Kawhi on Westbrook/Danny on KD doesn't work in 2014. Pop finally switched them in game 5 or 6. I feel like Pop should've learned his lesson then :lol stubborn old man

Mouth is Bleeding
05-09-2016, 07:28 PM

you know what, Parker has had a good series with many solid or very good plays but then he did go overboard yesterday, getting too full of himself probably, and made some of the stupidest plays in the game at pretty bad times.

The really bad totally needless hero-ball shot early in the shot clock to boost his ego because it was his final possession before rest and then of course the bad turnover in the 4th.

Maybe there was more.

Just play steady Tony within your role and all is good. He's mostly been doing that to his credit.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 07:31 PM
My thoughts exactly. We saw that Kawhi on Westbrook/Danny on KD doesn't work in 2014. Pop finally switched them in game 5 or 6. I feel like Pop should've learned his lesson then :lol stubborn old man

Actually, he did the opposite. WestBrick destroyed Danny in Gm 4 which is when Pop decided to put Kawhi on him for the rest of the series until the 4th quarter.

Brazil
05-10-2016, 07:48 AM
Brah, I already explained earlier in the thread that it's not about just this series...

Scroll back and read, it's not that difficult, tbh

yes your point is Pop is not doing his job since 2014 :rolleyes I'm all for questionning Pop and all... but we are 2-2 in a PO serie with HCA advantage and just finished a 67 wins season after moving the whole roster and philisophy of the game... saying dude mailed it since 2014 is at best dumb

hater
05-10-2016, 07:51 AM

Brazil

Brazil
05-10-2016, 07:58 AM

Brazil

polandprzem
05-10-2016, 08:33 AM
David West isn't going to grow overnight so playing him against Kanter/Adams is like beating a dead horse, you are going to get the same results. (Reminds me of when Mark Jackson played David Lee at center against DeAndre who ate him alive in the 2014 series but at least BOTH Bogut/Ezeli were injured). Basically, leave Tim out there until he fouls out or is carried off on a stretcher.:rolleyes

Danny is a good on the ball defender but Durant is moving off the ball & shooting off the curl so Danny can't challenge his shot. Kawhi is the only guy in the league that can block Durant's shots, so put him on Kawhi Island. It will also bait WestBrick to challenge Danny since he will be freed up from the Island.

So is it better now to put Danny on Westbrick? :lol

ElNono
05-10-2016, 09:19 AM
yes your point is Pop is not doing his job since 2014 :rolleyes I'm all for questionning Pop and all... but we are 2-2 in a PO serie with HCA advantage and just finished a 67 wins season after moving the whole roster and philisophy of the game... saying dude mailed it since 2014 is at best dumb

:lol I've said all year that due to the amount of changes we might not be able to win this season... but we won those 67 games playing terrific defense, and that included West getting spot minutes and LMA and Tim shutting down the paint together. Nothing like what's going on right now. How many games West closed this season that were not garbage time?

All I'm saying is that after the 2013 shellacking he was fired up for 2014. That fire is not there now. Do you think sticking to his guns against the Clippers last season was good coaching, tbh? :rolleyes

ElNono
05-10-2016, 09:23 AM

:lol if you're pretty sure, bump it, let's take a look at it.

In the Mavs series I praised Tiago and Manu who carried us, tbh... hell, I remember having arguments with people that completely lost faith in that team mid-season.

rjv
05-10-2016, 10:08 AM
:bang

Brazil
05-10-2016, 10:10 AM
:lol I've said all year that due to the amount of changes we might not be able to win this season... but we won those 67 games playing terrific defense, and that included West getting spot minutes and LMA and Tim shutting down the paint together. Nothing like what's going on right now. How many games West closed this season that were not garbage time?

All I'm saying is that after the 2013 shellacking he was fired up for 2014. That fire is not there now. Do you think sticking to his guns against the Clippers last season was good coaching, tbh? :rolleyes

So the fact that Tim regressed like hell vs. regular season and that Pop has to rely on West that should play only spot up minutes, means dude is done like you mentionned... smh

a coach who has a totally reshapped roster, changed style of play of the team, put an historical 67 wins for the franchise and all in all is still 2-2 on a serie with home court is not fired up and done... great logic

Pop fucks up a lot and it is fine to question but call him done and not fired up since 2014 is sorry yeah dumb

MultiTroll
05-10-2016, 10:16 AM
a coach who has a totally reshapped roster, changed style of play of the team, put an historical 67 wins for the franchise and all in all is still 2-2 on a serie with home court is not fired up and done... great logic
Getting the top player in free agency and West for minimum. What a problem to have. :rolleyes
Playoffs / reg season two completely different animals.

I will agree he has still is in position to seize the Championship 100%.
2-2 and at home for two of the next three. Again.

jjktkk
05-10-2016, 10:23 AM

All I'm saying is that after the 2013 shellacking he was fired up for 2014. That fire is not there now. Do you think sticking to his guns against the Clippers last season was good coaching, tbh? :rolleyesHow do you equate a 67 win regular season and a sweep of Memphis in the 1st round in this years playoffs to Pop losing his "fire"? Doesn't make sense imo.

hater
05-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Damn Brazil going balls deep

ElNono
05-10-2016, 10:41 AM
So the fact that Tim regressed like hell vs. regular season and that Pop has to rely on West that should play only spot up minutes, means dude is done like you mentionned... smh

Pop fucks up a lot and it is fine to question but call him done and not fired up since 2014 is sorry yeah dumb

The bolded is what I'm saying, I'm calling him done because how much longer do you think he's going to coach? I think it would take another epic burn like 2013 to bring him up alive, and I don't know we'll have the roster to do it again.

So we blame Tim regression, but don't count we received the top free agent in the offseason + Kawhi going back to back DPOY and MVP candidate? :rolleyes

Like I said, I'm all for Pop proving me wrong on this one, but I haven't seen it. And frankly, once Tim and Manu retire, this team is going to need more than a fired up Pop to win a ring again, tbh

And where's that bump of me calling out Pop in the Mavs series? :lol You're gonna make that accusation and get your fanboy hater all drooling, you better show the goods :lmao

ElNono
05-10-2016, 10:45 AM
How do you equate a 67 win regular season and a sweep of Memphis in the 1st round in this years playoffs to Pop losing his "fire"? Doesn't make sense imo.

Great defense, which Tim was an integral part of. I haven't heard that Tim is hurt or anything, do you? If he is, then sure, it's excusable. Otherwise, we can't defend like we did with him on the bench when we close games.

houston spurs fan
05-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Pop made the commitment to LMA to stay through his first contract. So as long as he has his health he's here...My guess is he'll retire after that and limit his activities to coaching Team USA and consulting...

Brazil
05-10-2016, 11:09 AM
The bolded is what I'm saying, I'm calling him done because how much longer do you think he's going to coach? I think it would take another epic burn like 2013 to bring him up alive, and I don't know we'll have the roster to do it again.

So we blame Tim regression, but don't count we received the top free agent in the offseason + Kawhi going back to back DPOY and MVP candidate? :rolleyes

Like I said, I'm all for Pop proving me wrong on this one, but I haven't seen it. And frankly, once Tim and Manu retire, this team is going to need more than a fired up Pop to win a ring again, tbh

And where's that bump of me calling out Pop in the Mavs series? :lol You're gonna make that accusation and get your fanboy hater (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7609) all drooling, you better show the goods :lmao

I'm sorry bro your take is stupid and makes no sense... there is nothing other than your own fantasy to call Pop done... Pop has been called out about line ups and stuff for years and dude is still here... one day he will retire...wow no shit sherlock. You will be right at one point :lol

BTW I made a quick search you are pretty obsessed with Pop... there are pages of your Pop threads... most of them to call him out and yet dude has 5 rings, won one in 2014 while changing the whole NBA :lol I honestly won't dig into all that tbh... I've better things to do but surely there is a pop thread somewhere... you create pretty much one for all series...

I was not aware you had this animosity towards Pop...

I mean I know you are pissed he played Manu off the bench his whole career but no need to be mad bro... :lmao

I

ElNono
05-10-2016, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry bro your take is stupid and makes no sense... there is nothing other than your own fantasy to call Pop done... Pop has been called out about line ups and stuff for years and dude is still here... one day he will retire...wow no shit sherlock. You will be right at one point :lol

You can opine the take is stupid, that's perfectly fine, that doesn't make my take stupid at all. :lol

Frankly, only time will tell, tbh. As I said, if Tim really is hurt, things would make more sense...

BTW I made a quick search you are pretty obsessed with Pop... there are pages of your Pop threads... most of them to call him out and yet dude has 5 rings, won one in 2014 while changing the whole NBA :lol I honestly won't dig into all that tbh... I've better things to do but surely there is a pop thread somewhere... you create pretty much one for all series...

I was not aware you had this animosity towards Pop...

I mean I know you are pissed he played Manu off the bench his whole career but no need to be mad bro... :lmao

How could you be "aware" of my "animosity towards Pop" when I've been one of Pop staunchest supporters here. :lol

This is new territory for me, but I posted this because it's what I feel is going on. I posted this after a win, BTW, didn't want this to be taken as a knee-jerk reaction.

And if you need to bump something, go ahead, tbh, I know I've some rare bad takes here or there, I own everything I post, tbh, unlike some other posters (not you, tbh) that need to bump their own threads constantly so people actually take notice they're on the board... :lol

DesignatedT
05-10-2016, 11:38 AM
People might not agree with what Pop is doing - (I would prefer more Diaw, not Duncan IMO), but the guy hasn't "mailed it in". He's doing what he believes is the best way to win, like he always does. Might be right, might be wrong. We will see. But he's trying just as hard as he ever has.

jjktkk
05-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Great defense, which Tim was an integral part of. I haven't heard that Tim is hurt or anything, do you? If he is, then sure, it's excusable. Otherwise, we can't defend like we did with him on the bench when we close games.

FWIW, ESPN's Windhurst speculates that Duncan's "good knee" has been bothering him since he injured it back in January.

Brazil
05-10-2016, 12:34 PM
You can opine the take is stupid, that's perfectly fine, that doesn't make my take stupid at all. :lol

Frankly, only time will tell, tbh. As I said, if Tim really is hurt, things would make more sense...

How could you be "aware" of my "animosity towards Pop" when I've been one of Pop staunchest supporters here. :lol

This is new territory for me, but I posted this because it's what I feel is going on. I posted this after a win, BTW, didn't want this to be taken as a knee-jerk reaction.

And if you need to bump something, go ahead, tbh, I know I've some rare bad takes here or there, I own everything I post, tbh, unlike some other posters (not you, tbh) that need to bump their own threads constantly so people actually take notice they're on the board... :lol

:lol tbh I was surprised when I saw the numbers of threads you started about Pop... to be fair some are for good fun and positive ones

I usually don't do that but I found a couple of quotes/threads about quite the same stuff you are saying in this thread... at one point yeah sure you will be right, he will be done and retire but again and so far there is no indication of that anywhere.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212343&highlight=Pop
"Here's to hoping they get their collective heads out of their asses and understand the urgency of the playoffs... because I don't think Pop has it in him to make them understand that anymore"

in 2013 you seemed to think he lost it already

dat was during the mavs series, I think this is the one I remembered (not as bad as I thought)
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232229&highlight=Pop

oh and :lol at your I've some rare bad takes, you sir are quite an arrogant prick :lol

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 12:35 PM
So is it better now to put Danny on Westbrick? :lol

WestBrick became timid & didn't want to challenge Kawhi which worked against the Spurs.

Brazil
05-10-2016, 12:38 PM
People might not agree with what Pop is doing - (I would prefer more Diaw, not Duncan IMO), but the guy hasn't "mailed it in". He's doing what he believes is the best way to win, like he always does. Might be right, might be wrong. We will see. But he's trying just as hard as he ever has.

That's exactly my way of thinking. Questionning his professionalism is quite dumb (sorry Nono but it is true). A guy who mailed it don't go in a total reshapping of his team mode and deliver 67 wins no matter how good or not competition is. So far facts are: 2nd seed, a sweep an a tie serie with home court.

This does not mean dude is not wrong sometimes or that dude does not mess with line ups, time outs etc... but yes he is doing what he believes is the best for the team and it seems to me he puts same enthousiasm and effort in it as before

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 12:45 PM

I have criticized Pop's fair amount in the past. In this one I just fell what we are seeing is Timmy last NBA games bc he's done. I hope I am wrong, but I can't blame POP for Father time finally catching Timmy up.

Others would say he's stubborn by not playing Boban, but he didn't even do that in the RS when Timmy was injured. The guy who broke out more minutes in that instance is a guy who many oldies here disdain, not Boban.

I think many things could look like Pop's blunders that are decline from his stars and his new ones not being yet at the same HoF level (I say yet bc I hope there is an NBA championship in Kawhi's future past Tim's era. He needs that for his own legacy). That's probably why I cut Pop slack in this one.

MultiTroll
05-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Others would say he's stubborn by not playing Boban, but he didn't even do that in the RS when Timmy was injured.
All the more reason to have played Boban so he would be more ready in case needed in the playoffs.
And here we are.

polandprzem
05-10-2016, 12:53 PM
WestBrick became timid & didn't want to challenge Kawhi which worked against the Spurs.

Cause he was unable to do it. So they quit it to a degree.
Anyway yes I thought Danny will be on Westbrook and Kawhi on Durant but overall Spurs can change from one to another adjusting game to game.

IDK how this game gonna look but we needa big game from Danny which is an Xfactor IMO as I said b4 the series. That D plus treys plus his rebounding needs to be sharp tonight.

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 12:54 PM
FWIW, ESPN's Windhurst speculates that Duncan's "good knee" has been bothering him since he injured it back in January.
Spurs never said how he injured it or what he had. It was rumored to be a bone bruise but he came back too soon for it yo have been that IMO. The Spurs just Saud knee soreness, which is old age. They let him play while being attentive to how he's doing bc it's just age and will be there always. It's not something that is going to go away. He had some horrible games after coming bAck. He was shooting very inefficiently and I specifically remember Alex Len going off on him for a career night and he has to be benched against the Suns, the measly injured lottery team Suns. We are fans so ppl refused to see it but it's the last season, the farewell tour as sasaint (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12242) called it.

ElNono
05-10-2016, 12:55 PM
:lol tbh I was surprised when I saw the numbers of threads you started about Pop... to be fair some are for good fun and positive ones

I usually don't do that but I found a couple of quotes/threads about quite the same stuff you are saying in this thread... at one point yeah sure you will be right, he will be done and retire but again and so far there is no indication of that anywhere.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212343&highlight=Pop
"Here's to hoping they get their collective heads out of their asses and understand the urgency of the playoffs... because I don't think Pop has it in him to make them understand that anymore"

in 2013 you seemed to think he lost it already

dat was during the mavs series, I think this is the one I remembered (not as bad as I thought)
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232229&highlight=Pop

oh and :lol at your I've some rare bad takes, you sir are quite an arrogant prick :lol

:lol the first one is from a regular season game against the Dubs, IIRC. That was the year he sat down Timmy for det rebound :depressed... really reinforces what I was saying, tbh... he was a madman a year later, even your boi Tony said Pop was sharp as fuck in '14, IIRC...

The 2nd one, as you said, not that bad. Pop is like that, he'll go down with the ship sometimes. People forget how close we were not to win it all in '14, tbh...

Like I said, rare bad takes are rare... :lol

Brazil
05-10-2016, 01:13 PM
:lol the first one is from a regular season game against the Dubs, IIRC. That was the year he sat down Timmy for det rebound :depressed... really reinforces what I was saying, tbh... he was a madman a year later, even your boi Tony said Pop was sharp as fuck in '14, IIRC...

:lol that's my point, you quitperiod on him and a year later he gave us a 5th ring

The 2nd one, as you said, not that bad. Pop is like that, he'll go down with the ship sometimes. People forget how close we were not to win it all in '14, tbh...

Like I said, rare bad takes are rare... :lol

The fact he is stubborn does not mean indeed he's done. as you said sometimes he'll go down with the ship and his what he think he is the best for the team. His career has been like that and what I'm seeing from Pop this serie against OKC is nothing worst or better than during mavs serie. None of his calls or attitudes are so much different so I don't see from what you are founding your take he's done. I've seen worst line ups and coaching than during this serie.

I'll give him crap if he lose this serie... for now I give him the benefits of the doubts and truth is he has been much more right than wrong.

ElNono
05-10-2016, 01:41 PM
:lol that's my point, you quitperiod on him and a year later he gave us a 5th ring

:lol but that's my point too... it took a historical catastrophic fuckup for him to sharpen up. Do you see that happening twice? I don't.

The fact he is stubborn does not mean indeed he's done. as you said sometimes he'll go down with the ship and his what he think he is the best for the team. His career has been like that and what I'm seeing from Pop this serie against OKC is nothing worst or better than during mavs serie. None of his calls or attitudes are so much different so I don't see from what you are founding your take he's done. I've seen worst line ups and coaching than during this serie.

I'll give him crap if he lose this serie... for now I give him the benefits of the doubts and truth is he has been much more right than wrong.

This particular series my beef is that he actually didn't stick to the guns that brought him here (Tim and LMA). He veered away from that, and that's actually pretty weird for Pop. That's why I'm saying that if it turns out that Timmy is hurt, then ok, I get that, but haven't heard anything like that yet...

So when people bring up "67 wins" and yada, yada, that was with Tim + LMA protecting the paint pretty much all season long (Timmy missed a few games). That was the "historical defense". He hasn't stuck to it this series.

Brazil
05-10-2016, 01:47 PM
:lol but that's my point too... it took a historical catastrophic fuckup for him to sharpen up. Do you see that happening twice? I don't.

This particular series my beef is that he actually didn't stick to the guns that brought him here (Tim and LMA). He veered away from that, and that's actually pretty weird for Pop. That's why I'm saying that if it turns out that Timmy is hurt, then ok, I get that, but haven't heard anything like that yet...

So when people bring up "67 wins" and yada, yada, that was with Tim + LMA protecting the paint pretty much all season long (Timmy missed a few games). That was the "historical defense". He hasn't stuck to it this series.

well I don't think he is letting Tim on the bench because he does not like him anymore tbh... Tim is playing way below RS so far, is it because of knees ? injury we don't know ? fatigue ? it does not matter, point is Tim is struggling. Pop just feels West is a better option at this point. If he had RS Tim I'm pretty sure he would play him

itzsoweezee
05-10-2016, 01:57 PM
Even without Duncan, spurs should win this series. San Antonio is definitely more talented. The fact that they're not punishing okc on the other end for playing kanter is on pop. I hope this dude doesn't get outcoached by a scrub, again.

Robz4000
05-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Fuck Pop

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 07:32 PM
I will not let this thread get buried when we're eliminated.

Senile piece of shit

tholdren
05-10-2016, 07:34 PM

Senile piece of shit

midnightpulp
05-10-2016, 07:34 PM
This whole team seems "officially done."

16 first quarter points in a must win home playoff game? Just pathetic and "gutless."

urunobili
05-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Unprepared team for game 5. No Prime TD no bail
Out.

Snaq O'Meal
05-10-2016, 08:22 PM

Senile piece of shit

Senile? Not really.

Pop's just too stubborn. And he's never been very good at in-game or in-series adjustments.

tholdren
05-10-2016, 08:28 PM
Senile? Not really.

Pop's just too stubborn. And he's never been very good at in-game or in-series adjustments.

therealtruth
05-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Is this '06 again? Pop gets outcoached by a rookie coach?

spursistan
05-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Tired of this fucker giving free runs to OKC with shitty EOQ lineups...I give up..

RD2191
05-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Needs to call out the fucking refs. Fucking had enough of the fucking refs killing our momentum and bringing OKC back in it.

tholdren
05-10-2016, 08:53 PM
pop is a douche

spursistan
05-10-2016, 09:32 PM
I hope Kawhi has enjoyed his 3 extra minutes of rest :tu

Nathan89
05-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Pop can't cut a steak with a fucking chainsaw.

Robz4000
Fire this fuck.

baseline bum
Why is he playing David West so many minutes when he can't grab a fucking rebound? West has ONE FUCKING REBOUND!

HI-FI
05-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Pop needs to retire, go drink wine, campaign for Hillary or whatever limousine liberal shit he has planned. His ability to choke against shittier coaches is incredible.

:pop: "Fuck you, i rode Duncan's coattails and now i'm tenured."

Floyd Pacquiao
05-10-2016, 09:41 PM
He's such an overrated old fuck. I think west gives him rimjobs or something IDK how that incompetent fuck gets minutes

Dro210
05-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Pop is like ankle weights to this team

HI-FI
05-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Pop's greatest gift is making people feel stupid for pointing out his own stupidity. It's uncanny with that drunk asshole.

TheGreatYacht
Hope this senile faggot is gone after this year, and just sticks to Team USA.... Where he'll lead them to another bronze medal.

Overrated fuck

Capt Bringdown
The 16 point first quarter was the tell. The game of the season, and that's all you got? What was the regular season for then?

In previous title runs you could sense something special. This year - no. And that's all the entire team, not just Pop.

And that's extraordinary considering their record. Strange year. I think were seeing how important Duncan is to the team.
Not impressed with LMA and/or Leonard as leaders. We're about to enter the dark ages.
What a ride it's been!

TD 21
Once again playing West-Diaw versus Adams-Kanter, inexplicably playing West more than half the 4th (and it would have been the full probably, had Duncan not shown some signs of life). He also inexplicably had both Parker and Mills guard Westbrook for stretches and continues to give wasted minutes to Anderson.

This team needs to be re-built. We all saw their evolution into a top heavy team (and as good as they are, you're not winning a championship if Leonard and Aldridge have to carry this kind of load) around mid season, as the bottom fell out on most of the veterans, but that doesn't absolve the genius of blame.

spursistan
his decline as an in-game manager has been truly staggering...

The tendency to overthink and the indulgence in personal regular season shticks ( rest, statement substitution for important player fuckup) has ruined his ability to coach in the playoffs..

Now enjoy the ignominy of getting bounced by Billy fuckin Donavan..How the mighty have fallen..

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 09:47 PM
As soon as Duncan's wheels fell off, he got exposed for the coattail riding sucker he is.

Greatest PF ever deserved better.

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 09:49 PM
blaming pop is misplaced. we played west too much? who is he play instead? boban? :lol

if LMA doesn't shoot 6/20 nobody is complaining

primary criticism for him if anything was not actively calling plays for leonard to get the ball late. i cant blame him for rotations, he has to work with what he has.

lefty
05-10-2016, 09:50 PM
:lmao Pop sucking OKC's dick in the presser

Surprise

https://66.media.tumblr.com/6422008a8fdb24ccd219e4c792b6f601/tumblr_o6wffa9F4Y1sjhzeoo1_1280.gif

spursistan
05-10-2016, 09:53 PM
To the fucking bitter end he was working his momentum-killing faggotry yanking Timmy right after blocking Westbrook..

No respect to the Legend who earned the right to stay on court..

keeferob25

The tendency to overthink and the indulgence in personal regular season shticks ( rest, statement substitution for important player fuckup) has ruined his ability to coach in the playoffs..

Now enjoy the ignominy of getting bounced by Billy fuckin Donavan..How the mighty have fallen..

Pop became laughably full of shit in the last half decade. Swears players need to get over themselves yet this bitch has one of THE biggest egos in the entire NBA! Worst part is it shows in his coaching. The media fucked us in the end by turning him into a character and that overrated fuck played right into...having "fun". In the grand landscape he IS an alltime great but he's still of the massively overrated variety. Nobody can convince me that Duncan is now not Top 5 alltime because we've seen Pop's decline flow right with his (and manu's) showing that he rode one HELL of a coattail (or two).

Floyd Pacquiao
Pock face will never own up to his mistakes and take blame. He'll always blame the team and not himself

Spur|n|Austin
05-10-2016, 09:54 PM
So many fuck ups by Pop tonight I lost count.

Running a play for TP at the end of the game instead of Kawhi was just jaw dropping.

ElNono
05-10-2016, 09:55 PM
:lmao we finished the game rushing shots and with 2 timeouts left... how about calling a timeout and setting up a play?

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 09:56 PM
blaming pop is misplaced. we played west too much? who is he play instead? boban? :lol

primary criticism for him if anything was not actively calling plays for leonard to get the ball late. i cant blame him for rotations, he has to work with what he has.
:lol Imagine defending a guy who played Diaw, West, Fat head at the same time. Called sets that didn't involve Kawhi. Best looks he got Aldridge were post ups starting 3 feet in front of the three point line. Not even drawing up the last play but having Udoka do it :lol. Rest Kawhi like he's 40. Had Parker on Westbrook for half the game. Put Duncan on the dog house the whole series to play his midget PF's lmao. Let the refs cuck the team and never did shit about it.

Etc etc etc

TD 21
05-10-2016, 09:58 PM
So many fuck ups by Pop tonight I lost count.

Running a play for TP at the end of the game instead of Kawhi was just jaw dropping.

That wasn't for Parker. They were trying to have Aldridge and Leonard run the old big three play, where Ginobili or Parker fakes making a zipper cut and Duncan throws it over the top for a layup, but the Thunder snuffed it out, Leonard didn't come to the ball and the clock was winding down.

Capt Bringdown
05-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Pop became laughably full of shit in the last half decade. Swears players need to get over themselves yet this bitch has one of THE biggest egos in the entire NBA! Worst part is it shows in his coaching. The media fucked us in the end by turning him into a character and that overrated fuck played right into...having "fun". In the grand landscape he IS an alltime great but he's still of the massively overrated variety. Nobody can convince me that Duncan is now not Top 5 alltime because we've seen Pop's decline flow right with his (and manu's) showing that he rode one HELL of a coattail (or two).

Truth be told you're only as good as what you've got. You think Pat Riley is some kind of fucking genius? How can you NOT win with Magic, Kareem, etc? Coaching is over-rated.

AFMadison
05-10-2016, 09:59 PM

When you don't succeed you make changes. Spurs were exploited in game 4 and should have thrown something at the Thunder. I'm all for Pop but to not make adjustments is mind boggling

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 10:01 PM
No surprise that all his students were failures in the NBA, with the exception of Budenholzer.

Vaughn, Mike Brown, Monty Williams, Brett Brown, Carleisimo, Borrego, Avery Johnson, etc.

Robz4000
05-10-2016, 10:02 PM

Tim was actually showing a pulse tonight, yet he continued playing West. He's been a huge negative this series.

tholdren
05-10-2016, 10:02 PM

when did gregg ever do in game management other than rest? He hasn't out coached anyone, much like phil, he had the best of the best, and said go play.

YGWHI
05-10-2016, 10:04 PM

LMA isn't getting a pass here for the loss, this was on him. But more on Pop.

Pop has been horrible this and last playoffs.

primary criticism for him if anything was not actively calling plays for leonard to get the ball late
Danny and Kawhi, the only Spurs shooting over .50 FG% and Pop didn't even call a play for Kawhi in the last minute.

You can imagine other coach who doesn't give the ball to Westbrook/Durant or LeBron/Irving, in the last whole minute of a close game? I can't. Just Pop.

05-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Lol asshole refuses to shave his beard as well

05-10-2016, 10:07 PM
when did gregg ever do in game management other than rest? He hasn't out coached anyone, much like phil, he had the best of the best, and said go play.
He got out coached by Avery fucking Johnson :lmao

spursistan
05-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Also, I'm not forgiving this TOSB coach for playing a major role in ruining one last title run in 2015 when Golden State were in their first WCF rodeo, Curry still human and Cleveland banged up AF while Timmy playing HOF basketball by coaching like a turd in LAC series....

ElNono
05-10-2016, 10:08 PM
watch him throw Boban out there once we're down 10 in OKC just to convince himself that he shouldn't have played him this series...

therealtruth
05-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Truth be told you're only as good as what you've got. You think Pat Riley is some kind of fucking genius? How can you NOT win with Magic, Kareem, etc? Coaching is over-rated.

You're seeing it in action. One of the best teams of all time defensively is getting punk'd by the Thunder. So it's possible. Pop can't win with the expectations. Prime PJ would have seen this through. Was 49-0 when he won the first game. Billy Donovan spotted Pop one game and is still up.

jermaine
05-10-2016, 10:12 PM
7'3 sitting on your bench an you cant get a fuckin rebound.. Common sense says play your 7'3 at least 5 to 10mins. This muthasucka is on the fucking payroll.

Mugen
05-10-2016, 10:13 PM

:lol so he doesn't deserve any blame? Boban isn't the answer but you don't even play him after what you saw from D-West?

-Fathead still getting minutes
-Diaw/West still getting minutes against their bigs
-Not even trying KMart when the offense struggles and OKC has plenty of guys you can him on ....
-Cutting runs short by overresting

I don't blame tonight's loss on Pop but to say he's coached anything short of a poor series would be as homerish as it gets tbh....

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Miami and now tonight where he pulls Duncan when Tim's playing well, only to watch the subs blow the lead.

What a dumbass.

Capt Bringdown
05-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Prime PJ would have seen this through.
You might have got me there. PJ's moves had some rhyme and reason. Pops?

Then again, how can you NOT win with fucking MJ and Pippen on your squad?

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Also, I'm not forgiving this TOSB coach for playing a major role in ruining one last title run in 2015 when Golden State were in their first WCF rodeo, Curry still human and Cleveland banged up AF while Timmy playing HOF basketball by coaching like a turd in LAC series....
:pop: "Spurs going on a run and the Clippers are down 15? Time to Hack-A-Jordan as soon as they inbound the ball. Don't let them run the clock when they're down."

james evans
05-10-2016, 10:17 PM
I don't understand why Leonard requires so much rest. There are a ton of tv timeouts, freethrows, 14 timeouts per half. wtf. How does any player get tired during an nba game? Maybe I'm just speaking from the point of view of an ex military guy that ran 4 or 5 miles every other morning in 30 degree weather and still runs 3 or 4 milels every other day at my age, but how do guys in their 20s get tired during a 48 minute game that last's 2 and a half hours with breaks?

Ditty
05-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Really got him in rythm througout the game.

If Boban doesn't play over fucking West Thursday, I'm going to throw my computer out my freaking window!

Capt Bringdown
05-10-2016, 10:18 PM
:lol so he doesn't deserve any blame? Boban isn't the answer but you don't even play him after what you saw from D-West?

-Not even trying KMart when the offense struggles and OKC has plenty of guys you can him on ....

I don't blame tonight's loss on Pop but to say he's coached anything short of a poor series would be as homerish as it gets tbh....

Maybe Boban and KMart will get some minutes when we're down by 20 in game 6. Why the fuck would you bring these guys in during the regular season and nurse them through games, only to let them rot on the bench in the playoffs?

ElNono
05-10-2016, 10:19 PM
I don't understand why Leonard requires so much rest. There are a ton of tv timeouts, freethrows, 14 timeouts per half. wtf. How does any player get tired during an nba game? Maybe I'm just speaking from the point of view of an ex military guy that ran 4 or 5 miles every other morning in 30 degree weather and still runs 3 or 4 milels every other day at my age, but how do guys in their 20s get tired during a 48 minute game that last's 2 and a half hours with breaks?

They don't seem to when they play in another team...

OKC runs one of Westbrook or Durant always with their bench. But not, Pop, no, he has 5 rings...

spursistan
05-10-2016, 10:22 PM
In a pivotal, season and era on-the-line game..

If anyone else still wondering how poorly-coached this team..you have the answer..

Fuckin' Kawhi Leonard--only today voted second-best to Curry-- was seen either resting while Durant was cooking or just having to make hustle plays on his own and dunk on fools..

Capt Bringdown
05-10-2016, 10:23 PM
...but how do guys in their 20s get tired during a 48 minute game that last's 2 and a half hours with breaks?

Yep, and that's all these guys do- they've played basketball their entire lives, and it's their livelihood, ffs.

05-10-2016, 10:24 PM
watch him throw Boban out there once we're down 10 in OKC just to convince himself that he shouldn't have played him this series...

05-10-2016, 10:26 PM
Kawhi secretly has asthma, you didn't hear?

bklynspursfan
05-10-2016, 10:27 PM
It worked up until the 2nd half when WB started to attack more. Pop put Kawhi on him, but it was too late.

Lamarcus couldn't hit anything. He had so many good looks... Thursday will tell a lot about him

random21
05-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Getting beat by a college coach... Thanks for 2014, should have gone out there Pop...

spursistan
05-10-2016, 10:28 PM
just disgusting he couldn't finnish what was shaping up a masterpiece playoff game..

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 10:28 PM

I agree with this he had to buy the main guys rest somehow. They aren't playing all 48 minutes and reaching the end with legs. If anything, yes it was a choke job by LMA, Kawhi and Tony, and I am sad to point that out as I have mad respect for all of them, but shot clock violations and overall lack of aggression as guys were in position to close that out and didn't.

I think the bench needs an overhaul. To me, Manu is retiring. D west is a bench PF not a center and Diaw has coasted himself out of the team all season. Incredibly skilled player but he's lazy and we can't afford that anymore.

spursistan
05-10-2016, 10:35 PM
I gave him the benefit of the doubt in 2010-2013 because those teams were outmatched in the talent department, but it is clear he's been gradually losing it, especially in the playoffs..

Thunderfan can safely claim you wouldn't sniff the Finals if Westbrook/Ibaka don't hurt their knees in 2013/2014..

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 10:37 PM
I agree with this he had to buy the main guys rest somehow. They aren't playing all 48 minutes and reaching the end with legs. If anything, yes it was a choke job by LMA, Kawhi and Tony, and I am sad to point that out as I have mad respect for all of them, but shot clock violations and overall lack of aggression as guys were in position to close that out and didn't.

I think the bench needs an overhaul. To me, Manu is retiring. D west is a bench PF not a center and Diaw has coasted himself out of the team all season. Incredibly skilled player but he's lazy and we can't afford that anymore.
Lazy was what fat head did when he didn't go for a rebound that landed 2 feet in front of him.

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 10:37 PM
:lmao we finished the game rushing shots and with 2 timeouts left... how about calling a timeout and setting up a play?
On this one I agree with you. After that fuck up in game 2, after the Danny steal it would have been a good idea to call a TO.

SuperCam
05-10-2016, 10:38 PM
Tom Rivers
LeBron
Scotty Brooks
Hollins
D'ago
Little General

...and now some college coach.

List of people outcoaching craterface in the postseason is starting to get embarrassing :bang

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 10:39 PM

David West, Boris Diaw, Kyle Anderson, Manu Ginobili, Patty Mills

I'd love to see how bad that lineup was throughout the whole series. Pathetic.

ElNono
05-10-2016, 10:41 PM
So is he going to stick to that bench lineup now that the season is on the line and the next game could be next October/November?

Will Kawhi and LMA log 44+ mins?

Darius McCrary
05-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Miami and now tonight where he pulls Duncan when Tim's playing well, only to watch the subs blow the lead.

What a dumbass.

Honestly was speechless when he took Duncan out of the game. Guy was hustling and making things happen.

therealtruth
05-10-2016, 10:45 PM
No series lead is safe when Pop's coaching the team.

james evans
05-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Honestly was speechless when he took Duncan out of the game. Guy was hustling and making things happen.
As soon as he took duncan out, Adams got a wide open dunk on Green.

spursistan
05-10-2016, 10:50 PM

Spurs have gone 1-2 in the last 3 games of the series while holding a +10 lead in second half because of his shitty ass lineups..In the one win (G3), we ended up trailing by 4 at one point in the fourth..

Capt Bringdown
05-10-2016, 10:50 PM
David West, Boris Diaw, Kyle Anderson, Manu Ginobili, Patty Mills

With the exception of Manu, that's a garbage-time lineup...logging crucial minutes in a pivotal playoff game.
Love to see Pop get called out by somebody in the local media for this.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2016, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately, he doesn't have the "fire" anymore, tbh..human nature, can't blame him, he's the best coach of all-time..

Of course non-Spurs fans will mock us for saying this, despite them only watching Spurs playoff games:lol

Can't believe RC Buford won Exec of the year:lmao

therealtruth
05-10-2016, 10:57 PM

Spurs have gone 1-2 in the last 3 games of the series while holding a +10 lead in second half because of his shitty ass lineups..In the one win (G3), we ended up trailing by 4 at one point in the fourth..

Pop's is coaching scared. Coaching to not lose instead of coaching to win.

ElNono
05-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately, he doesn't have the "fire" anymore, tbh..human nature, can't blame him, he's the best coach of all-time..

Of course non-Spurs fans will mock us for saying this, despite them only watching Spurs playoff games:lol

Yup, it took losing an NBA Finals to wake up the beast, and we rode it to #5... unfortunately, I don't think that's a repeatable event until he retires...

objective
05-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Pop is probably the most overrated coach in American sports history. Great regular season coach for keeping guys motivated and rested, but he's completely finished. Whenever the spurs have lost a playoff series in the Duncan era, more often than not it was because of terrible decisions by Pop and not a talent deficit.

The team will be better off if he retired. Maybe the next coach would be terrible like Rambis. But the Spurs can no longer overcome a coach who holds grudges against players who should be on the court while insisting on going down with the ship with washed up vets who can't cut it or never-were guys like Bonner

timtonymanu
05-10-2016, 11:00 PM

For real. He should get both awards revoked for handing that contract extension.

spursistan
05-10-2016, 11:04 PM

He is going to be a less egregious version of Nellie when he coached the Warriors post-2007..

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 11:05 PM
So is he going to stick to that bench lineup now that the season is on the line and the next game could be next October/November?

Will Kawhi and LMA log 44+ mins?

I know it's not popular here but IMO, since you are asking, one of the biggest criticism for the Thunder used to be their stars were overplayed, the bench gave them nothing and they had no energy to make sound decisions, or legs for jumpshots to close out games. Last game Pop went away from Timmy and he adjusted by playing Timmy. The bench surrendered leads. Kyle was a part of it but not the only culprit, the veterans there needed to do more. I could see Kyle getting finally benched to the delight of some but that will not make a lick of difference.

I would have given Boban a run earlier in the series (not the last game) not bc he's some savior, but he's an inside presence that can score or draw fouls and tire their bigs and the bench lacks that. I would rather see Simmons than Kmart personally but at this point I dont think Pop throws a wrench out there. The only game Kmart played this series (blowout game 1, he chucked to the tune of 1/7 and he can't guard Durant who plays with their bench or even Dion Waiters).

This series now belongs to the big 3, Kawhi and LMA, they got to the 4th with a small lead and energy to close it out. They didn't. Yes a timeout to call a play here or there would have helped. I also thought players failed to execute what was called down the stretch with the ball ending in Tony's hAnds with the shot clock winding down and no time to do anything but force up a shot. All of that is on the players failing to execute.

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 11:18 PM

you need to provide alternatives. no west, no boban, no diaw, no bonner. who the fuck is supposed to play. we dont have baynes or splitter. he can only play who he has

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 11:18 PM
Tim was actually showing a pulse tonight, yet he continued playing West. He's been a huge negative this series.
west played less than 15 minutes and duncan played about 30 which is all he can give at this point

SuperCam
05-10-2016, 11:22 PM
there's more than enough coaches past and current who could have ridden Tim to at least 5 rings, most likely more. who knows say spurs don't go on that run in the '99 season as early as they did and craterface gets canned as he was going to, Spurs bring in a coach who properly takes advantage of the Shaq-Kobe split and goes on to threepeat at the very least...

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Pop is probably the most overrated coach in American sports history. Great regular season coach for keeping guys motivated and rested, but he's completely finished. Whenever the spurs have lost a playoff series in the Duncan era, more often than not it was because of terrible decisions by Pop and not a talent deficit.

The team will be better off if he retired. Maybe the next coach would be terrible like Rambis. But the Spurs can no longer overcome a coach who holds grudges against players who should be on the court while insisting on going down with the ship with washed up vets who can't cut it or never-were guys like Bonner
What are you talking about there? I am curious.