PDA

View Full Version : Game 4 predictions?

spursfan1000
05-06-2016, 11:58 PM
First of all I don't know how many times I yelled at the screen when Kawahi kept missing free throws, I actually got mad when he got hacked for 2 free throws in the 4th qtr, anyways great win after what happened game 2, time to move on , whats your early prediction for Sundays game? I think the hard part is over, spurs by 8 Sunday.

Keepin' it real
05-06-2016, 11:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

Mr. Body
05-07-2016, 12:01 AM
I see Game 4 playing almost exactly like this one.

spursistan
05-07-2016, 12:02 AM
hopefully we step on the throat..

Kuvai
05-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Thunderrefs will make sure that OKC will win Game 4..

NBA wants marquee matchup's to go atleast to game 6..

expecting Scott Foster to ref the game..

ducks
05-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Spurs by 20

Russ
05-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Manu will get more minutes than 19.

turkish spurs fan
05-07-2016, 12:12 AM
waiting for diaw to step in

ducks
05-07-2016, 12:17 AM
Manu will get more minutes than 19.

Not if he plays like shit

GSH
05-07-2016, 12:18 AM
It's gonna be physical as hell. Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter are going to be trying to demoralize the Spurs in the paint. The refs are going to factor, but as long as they call it even on both ends, then it's just up to the Spurs to nut up.

The Spurs played terrible in Game 2, and still did everything but win. They took down the first game in OKC tonight. They're a better team. Plus Kawhi seems to have found his inner beast. If the refs don't decide it, I think SA will.

SouthernFried
05-07-2016, 12:19 AM
I predict the Spurs win by a blowout. Or, the Thunder win by a blowout. Or, it's a close game with either the Spurs or Thunder winning.

Bank it.

pgardn
05-07-2016, 12:20 AM
KL only slips 4 times on drives.

Somebody change his shoes... damn.

Mugen
05-07-2016, 12:21 AM
Gonna be tough to beat RefKC IMO.

timtonymanu
05-07-2016, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure Parker can have another efficient game like tonight so it's important Green/Manu/Patty play better in Game 4. If that happens, I can see Spurs winning a close, grind it out game.

pgardn
05-07-2016, 12:23 AM
It's gonna be physical as hell. Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter are going to be trying to demoralize the Spurs in the paint. The refs are going to factor, but as long as they call it even on both ends, then it's just up to the Spurs to nut up.

The Spurs played terrible in Game 2, and still did everything but win. They took down the first game in OKC tonight. They're a better team. Plus Kawhi seems to have found his inner beast. If the refs don't decide it, I think SA will.

Then I need more Duncan. West can only handle so much big. And he can't even foul Westbrook. West does help free the floor up, but the rim is candy with him on D.

hsxvvd
05-07-2016, 01:01 AM

Foster will be used game 5 in SA.... he favours the road team.... I hope he is used Game 4!

Duncanforthree
05-07-2016, 01:04 AM
Unleash the Boban.

Any contributions from Martin/Miller/Simmons would be welcome as well. Gonna need all hands if we get to GSW.

EIC
05-07-2016, 01:04 AM
I see Game 4 playing almost exactly like this one.

GSH
05-07-2016, 01:13 AM
Then I need more Duncan. West can only handle so much big. And he can't even foul Westbrook. West does help free the floor up, but the rim is candy with him on D.

Yeah, people scream about West all the time and I wonder if they don't understand - he's not a Center. He's played the 4 his whole career, and he's being forced to play the 5 here out of necessity. It's beyond unfair to have those kinds of expectations of him. For who/what he is, I think he's played damned well all season. The position issues aren't on him - he's just making lemonade. Put him on the floor with a legit C, and he's still a pretty effective PF.

But you're right - that doesn't change the fact that the Spurs need a legit C on the floor against OKC. The question is whether Tim still has enough in the tank to be one.

Boban's production per minute is incredible, but I don't think he could handle long stretches. I'd sort of like to see him get 4 minutes or so each half, when OKC's starters aren't in the game. Maybe draw some fouls from Kanter and Adams. Put up some cheap, easy points. Maybe take a lot of attention in the middle, so West can go to work in his element. Then get him off before the Thunder have a chance to make adjustments. I don't think it's likely to happen, but the Spurs really need some size to counter these OKC bigs.

phxspurfan
05-07-2016, 01:27 AM
Yeah, people scream about West all the time and I wonder if they don't understand - he's not a Center. He's played the 4 his whole career, and he's being forced to play the 5 here out of necessity. It's beyond unfair to have those kinds of expectations of him. For who/what he is, I think he's played damned well all season. The position issues aren't on him - he's just making lemonade. Put him on the floor with a legit C, and he's still a pretty effective PF.

But you're right - that doesn't change the fact that the Spurs need a legit C on the floor against OKC. The question is whether Tim still has enough in the tank to be one.

Boban's production per minute is incredible, but I don't think he could handle long stretches. I'd sort of like to see him get 4 minutes or so each half, when OKC's starters aren't in the game. Maybe draw some fouls from Kanter and Adams. Put up some cheap, easy points. Maybe take a lot of attention in the middle, so West can go to work in his element. Then get him off before the Thunder have a chance to make adjustments. I don't think it's likely to happen, but the Spurs really need some size to counter these OKC bigs.

No way pop plays Boba meaningful minutes in a close one

Kawhitstorm
05-07-2016, 01:40 AM
It's OKC's turn to respond so WestBrick is either going to shoot OKC out of the series or he's going to have a 15 FTAs

Robz4000
05-07-2016, 01:40 AM
OKC by 10+. Thankfully the Spurs don't need another game in reflahoma.

BanditHiro
05-07-2016, 02:04 AM
next two games will be blowout wins by the Spurs

spurraider21
05-07-2016, 02:07 AM
spurs comfortably

Mr. Body
05-07-2016, 07:21 AM

Boban was one of the reasons they lost Game 2. I doubt we see him again.

BillMc
05-07-2016, 07:25 AM
I predict the Spurs win by a blowout. Or, the Thunder win by a blowout. Or, it's a close game with either the Spurs or Thunder winning.

Bank it.

Can't argue with that.

aal04
05-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Ibaka shot like Steph Curry.
Adams rebounded like Dennis Rodman
Westbrook played like westbrook.
Kanter played like Ben Wallace

And they still lost.
Game 2 was an anomaly with our atrocious start.

Im feeling confident

BillMc
05-07-2016, 07:50 AM
Tough to know. Will Westbrook miss 21 shots again? Will LMA return to +50% shooting? Which third player will step up? Tonight it was Tony, Game 1 Green, Game 2 no one really.

I'll says Spurs by 2.

dorrrr
05-07-2016, 08:03 AM
"The hard part is over" I have to agree.
The pressue is now on OKC and they are more likely to choke, while our guys will be very confident.
A safe win by 7-10 is the best bet. But still OKC is OKC let's not dismiss them.

TheCerebral1
05-07-2016, 08:04 AM
Spurs win, who cares about the score. The way that the Spurs can guard and score they have the advantage. Sweep OKC and head home for the win.

Horse
05-07-2016, 08:12 AM
I say the thunder come out strong we weather then storm pull away mid 4th quarter.

pgardn
05-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Can't argue with that.

Yep.

I think he's got it pinned down with the shotgun forecast.

GSH
05-07-2016, 09:38 AM
Boban was one of the reasons they lost Game 2. I doubt we see him again.

Help me out here. Boban played for exactly 3:13 in that game. He came in, and the Spurs were down by 2. When he left, the Spurs were up by 2. Explain to me how that one 3 minute stretch of +4 scoring was one of the reasons the Spurs lost.

Just for laughs, lets look at what happened when Boban came out:

Duncan replaced Boban and played 3:15 Spurs went from +2 to +1.
Diaw replaced Duncan and played 3:11 Spurs went from +1 to -3.
So in almost the EXACT same amounts of time, the Spurs were +4 with Boban, -1 with Duncan, and -4 with Diaw.

I agree that Pop isn't likely to play him. But if Tim is retiring after this season anyway, this might be a good time for him to look into some PED's. (They aren't going to blood test him in the next couple of weeks, right?) Because the Spurs need help in the middle.

SPURt
05-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Game 1 was a perfect game

Game 2 the Spurs got good looks and missed, starting a frigid 2-16. Like Pop said "I thought we lost the game 3 times". That's different than "they beat us on both sides of the ball"

Game 3 if the Spurs don't shoot 59% from the FT missing 10 going into the 4th it's a blowout

Until the Thunder prove they can defend and run more than an 2 on 5 for their offense the Spurs should be expected to win every game. This series is the Spurs to lose.

Mr. Body
05-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Help me out here. Boban played for exactly 3:13 in that game. He came in, and the Spurs were down by 2. When he left, the Spurs were up by 2. Explain to me how that one 3 minute stretch of +4 scoring was one of the reasons the Spurs lost.

So in almost the EXACT same amounts of time, the Spurs were +4 with Boban, -1 with Duncan, and -4 with Diaw.

I agree that Pop isn't likely to play him. But if Tim is retiring after this season anyway, this might be a good time for him to look into some PED's. (They aren't going to blood test him in the next couple of weeks, right?) Because the Spurs need help in the middle.

It changed the dynamic of the game at that point. You've got to look past the numbers, what was actually happening at the time. If you think it was so effective, why didn't we see Boban again and never have since? What did Pop see that you didn't?

cd98
05-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Thunder give the ball away a lot.

TampaDude
05-07-2016, 11:35 AM

^ this, tbh

jdelar03
05-07-2016, 11:36 AM

Bank it.

I could see this happening.

Kawhitstorm
05-07-2016, 11:38 AM

The Spurs made only 24 of 34 free-throw attempts, while the Thunder hit 18 of 20 from the line. Percentages aside, it was the first time in this year's playoffs that OKC has made fewer free throws than has its opponent.

dabom
05-07-2016, 11:42 AM
It changed the dynamic of the game at that point. You've got to look past the numbers, what was actually happening at the time. If you think it was so effective, why didn't we see Boban again and never have since? What did Pop see that you didn't?

You are a dumbass. Watch more basketball. :lmao

Vic Petro
05-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Spurs win.

Mr. Body
05-07-2016, 11:53 AM
You are a dumbass. Watch more basketball. :lmao

Nah, bruh. If you call me a dumbass, you're calling Pop a dumbass. He saw what I saw. If you brainiacs were so smart, we'd see Boban play again.

tholdren
05-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Spurs win by 10+. KL/lma double doubles, and the bench hits 6 3s.

BackHome
05-07-2016, 12:46 PM
We played one great game and played two crappy games. If we come out and just play a decent game we win easy.

GSH
05-07-2016, 02:35 PM
Nah, bruh. If you call me a dumbass, you're calling Pop a dumbass. He saw what I saw. If you brainiacs were so smart, we'd see Boban play again.

For the record, I didn't call you a dumbass. It's obvious that Pop didn't want to put Boban back in the game, so it's pointless do argue that. And I'm sure Pop sees a lot of things that I don't. But there's not much to back up the idea that Boban's 3:11 where the Spurs were +6 (I said +4 earlier) helped the Spurs lose that game. Pop may not have liked the matchups going forward, but that statement is just ridiculous. You can't just fall back on Pop to say that Boban's 3 minutes helped lose the game. If anything changed the "dynamic" of that game, it was Tim going 1-8 and getting blocked 3 times. That plus that disastrous lineup with Anderson, Manu, West, and Mills.

Meh... one of those arguments no one can win. I disagree with you, but I'm not calling people names just for having a different opinion.

SAGirl
05-07-2016, 09:09 PM
Tough to know. Will Westbrook miss 21 shots again? Will LMA return to +50% shooting? Which third player will step up? Tonight it was Tony, Game 1 Green, Game 2 no one really.

I'll says Spurs by 2.
Good point. There was no way we win that 3rd game without Tony showing up. Aside of what is expected from LMA and Kawhi, others need to show up. If they do, we win.

It will be tough bc I don't think Westbrook will be looking to take 31 shots again. His shot selection will still be Westbrook-y but he will look for others. He was pretty ashamed of himself for that.

These teams are both top heavy so it will depend on which other roleplayers show up.

In term of predictions, how can I prognosticate a loss? We win.

UZER
05-07-2016, 09:16 PM
If you can just keep the game close, OKC will really feel the pressure and beat themselves....again lol

SAGirl
05-07-2016, 09:50 PM

Joining you about Boban, bc Pop was very complementary of him after his play in game 2. I thought I'd see him again this past game but I think he's benched for the same reason TD is. I am guessing they don't do well on switches or in transition. POP made a calculated guess with his strategy to switch more bc Ibaka was killing us with that jumper and he'd rather give the mismatch than the open 3 or the penetration. I can't say I understand everything Pop's doing but he steered in a different direction in favor of more switching at the risk of the rim protection. That was to be supplied as best he could by LMA.

If I am right we are likely not seeing him again outside of garbage time or foul trouble to even a couple of bigs. I doubt Pop rethinks his strategy, but he might introduce a wrinkle or two if Donovan does too, but I don't think Donovan has anything else he hasn't shown.

sasaint
05-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Good point. There was no way we win that 3rd game without Tony showing up. Aside of what is expected from LMA and Kawhi, others need to show up. If they do, we win.

It will be tough bc I don't think Westbrook will be looking to take 31 shots again. His shot selection will still be Westbrook-y but he will look for others. He was pretty ashamed of himself for that.

These teams are both top heavy so it will depend on which other roleplayers show up.

Do you have a source for the "ashamed" comment?

I agree with your "top heavy" analysis. But they also have bruising bigs that pose a serious problem for us. Pop will have to teach our guys to box out, limiting their offensive boards. Those are killing us. Typically role-players play better at home, so that would give the edge to OKC; however, the Spurs have the better role players. Kind of a push. I predict that we will see more of Boris, and he could be the difference - one way or the other. I predict we sweep the next two in close games.

Ditty
05-07-2016, 11:01 PM
Thunder will come out with a lot of energy, but Spurs will shoot well again. Get up by double digits in the second quarter, and Spurs will keep it like that for most of the game. Thunder will make a little run, get it to around 8 or 9 midway through the 4th. Spurs then pull away and win by 15.

Keepin' it real
05-07-2016, 11:01 PM

You forgot to say "book it".

Keepin' it real
05-07-2016, 11:05 PM
My prediction depends on the health of LMA's hip. Any news on that?

SAGirl
05-07-2016, 11:16 PM
Do you have a source for the "ashamed" comment?

I agree with your "top heavy" analysis. But they also have bruising bigs that pose a serious problem for us. Pop will have to teach our guys to box out, limiting their offensive boards. Those are killing us. Typically role-players play better at home, so that would give the edge to OKC; however, the Spurs have the better role players. Kind of a push. I predict that we will see more of Boris, and he could be the difference - one way or the other. I predict we sweep the next two in close games.

It was my interpretation of Westbrook' s statements after the game. He said:

Russell Westbrook scored 31 points for the Thunder, but he made just 10 of 31 shots.
"Too many shots," Westbrook said. "I've got to do a better job getting guys shots. I've got to get other guys involved, especially to beat this team. Even though I had some shots I (usually) make, I've got to read and find ways to get guys shots. I take the blame."
http://www.nba.com/games/20160506/SASOKC/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:serieshubs:top:modtop
I thought we'd see more Boris and Boban. Boban I can understand bc he doesn't fit Pop's scheme.

Boris maybe just hasn't been playing too well and his cut in minutes could be bc hasn't been very good. I am at a loss for why Boris has been so poor. If you think about it, he wasn't great against Memphis either.

sasaint
05-07-2016, 11:24 PM
It was my interpretation of Westbrook' s statements after the game. He said:

Russell Westbrook scored 31 points for the Thunder, but he made just 10 of 31 shots.
"Too many shots," Westbrook said. "I've got to do a better job getting guys shots. I've got to get other guys involved, especially to beat this team. Even though I had some shots I (usually) make, I've got to read and find ways to get guys shots. I take the blame."
http://www.nba.com/games/20160506/SASOKC/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:serieshubs:top:modtop
I thought we'd see more Boris and Boban. Boban I can understand bc he doesn't fit Pop's scheme.

Boris maybe just hasn't been playing too well and his cut in minutes could be bc hasn't been very good. I am at a loss for why Boris has been so poor. If you think about it, he wasn't great against Memphis either.

Thanks for posting the quote. I missed the Thunder's post-game. :toast

If Boris cannot make his anticipated transformation into Playoff Boris, we need to dump him for sure. I have already said as much to you before. Next year we cannot have wasted slots on our roster like Coasting Boris and Bonner. More importantly, however, without the counter-balance of leadership provided by Tim and Manu, Boris sets a turrible example for our young guys. Perpetuating Spurs Culture is about to become a lot more iffy without Tim and Manu. I just don't see anybody approaching that level of leadership on this current team. One reason I like Malcolm Brogdon so much for the future...

Ditty
05-07-2016, 11:38 PM

I trust our role players to shoot much better even on the road than theirs. Outside of Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Waiters none of their other guys don't seem comfortable to shoot unless they're close easy shots. Even Kanter who has a good shooting percentage seemed to not want to shoot outside of the paint. I think Thunder will get in trouble if Westbrook decides to defer, especially against an elite defense team like the Spurs. He still makes some great shots when things can start going bad for them.

james evans
05-08-2016, 10:57 AM
i predict leonard or aldridge to be in foul trouble early. It's how officials control the game. If not, we kick their asses again

Budkin
05-08-2016, 11:05 AM
The storyline the NBA wants is for Durant to go off and win the game for his mom on Mothers Day because "you da real MVP."

Russo21
05-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Spurs by 26-30. OKC thought they had it when they won game 2 but SA took the advantage right back off them with a kick in the nuts. Spurs by 26-30 in an annihilation. Spurs go on to win in 5 meaning this will be Durant's last home game as a member of the Thunder! Good to break their mini run. Next season Westbrook will go on to average 50 points per game on 70 shot attempts per game as the only star on the decimated Thunder.

spursistan
05-08-2016, 12:50 PM
seriously, i don't want us to comeback to this arena.. let's go for the kill here..

Capster
05-08-2016, 12:54 PM

Bank it.
Brilliant! thank you!

Capster
05-08-2016, 12:55 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/I2Huk1Pt-0KC4Bq7MmYGcQBp-iUt7urrQda5yZzw1vLiw8CBV2Y3OI0M4K24kDxlFZI=s630-fcrop64=1,00d22481ff95e782

SPURS WIN!!!!!

Spurtacular
05-08-2016, 01:10 PM
I can see anything happening in this game. But I think this will be the game where the wheels fall off the bus for OKC.

Spurtacular
05-08-2016, 01:11 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/I2Huk1Pt-0KC4Bq7MmYGcQBp-iUt7urrQda5yZzw1vLiw8CBV2Y3OI0M4K24kDxlFZI=s630-fcrop64=1,00d22481ff95e782

SPURS WIN!!!!!

Black Ollie in the pic!

Horse
05-08-2016, 06:55 PM
We weather the early Storm okc mails it in mid-3rd series over.

james evans
05-08-2016, 07:09 PM
i predict leonard or aldridge to be in foul trouble early. It's how officials control the game. If not, we kick their asses again

james evans
05-08-2016, 07:10 PM
green can't finish for shit at the basket