PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Larry Bird..

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2016, 12:21 AM
Telling the media and the world that Frank Vogel begged for his job? What a scumbag, tbh..

This is the son he created? http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/connor-bird-son-larry-bird-faces-multiple-charges-171650515--nba.html

Wow, pure trash:lmao

He's also a deadbeat father:wow

So, why do White people idolize him so much? I kind of get it with Peyton Manning, sexual assault notwithstanding, but Bird? Smh..

Mugen
05-07-2016, 12:43 AM
Also, didn't have the balls to tell Vogel he was being let go in person, probably did it via snapchat.....

:lol One of the ugliest humans to ever grace the planet tbh....

lefty
05-07-2016, 12:45 AM
Telling the media and the world that Frank Vogel begged for his job? What a scumbag, tbh..

This is the son he created? http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/connor-bird-son-larry-bird-faces-multiple-charges-171650515--nba.html

So, why do White people idolize him so much? I kind of get it with Peyton Manning, sexual assault notwithstanding, but Bird? Smh..

Great player

But like MJ and Magic, a top of the line asshole tbh

lol insecure phaggots blocking Isiah Thomas from the Dream Team :lol to make room for Stockton and his vicar haircut

Caltex2
05-07-2016, 12:54 AM
But, but he played in the NBA and he's famous, just like Father Setter Upper. FSU is the greatest guy ever and would never be jerk to fans in real life, cheat on his wife relentlessly or get banned from the NBA for gambling.

lefty
05-07-2016, 12:59 AM
Also, didn't have the balls to tell Vogel he was being let go in person, probably did it via snapchat.....

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2016, 01:16 AM
Great player

lol insecure phaggots blocking Isiah Thomas from the Dream Team :lol to make room for Stockton and his vicar haircut

Was Magic that bad? I've never really heard bad stories about him, especially none that are as bad as Bird, let alone Dad Killer:lol

He seems like a relatively normal, happy nigga that enjoys anal penetration..

apalisoc_9
05-07-2016, 01:40 AM
I've never liked Vogel as an in game coach and his rotations can be abysmal, but man its hard to find a coach in todays NBA that can manage personalities in a very respectable manner like Vogel.

He managed to turn that 2012-2014 teams that had players with weird personalities into players playing within a team. He's done a terrific job from a structure standpoint considering the lack of talent.

But no ones going to tell bird he made a mistake. Imo most coaches getting fired is justifiable and most of the time its the right decision. But i dont know if this is the right one.

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2016, 01:43 AM
I've never liked Vogel as an in game coach and his rotations can be abysmal, but man its hard to find a coach in todays NBA that can manage personalities in a very respectable manner like Vogel.

He managed to turn that 2012-2014 teams that had players with weird personalities into players playing within a team. He's done a terrific job from a structure standpoint considering the lack of talent.

But no ones going to tell bird he made a mistake. Imo most coaches getting fired is justifiable and most of the time its the right decision. But i dont know if this is the right one.

I don't care that he fired Vogel, bro..it's the way he handled it..

Did you see his presser? He revealed their personal conversation to the media:lol..he told everybody how Vogel was near tears, asking him to reconsider, meet in person, etc..I was shocked that a "professional" would do that..

lefty
05-07-2016, 01:43 AM
Was Magic that bad? I've never really heard bad stories about him, especially none that are as bad as Bird, let alone Dad Killer:lol

Phaggot backstabbed Isiah. Said in his book that he got Isiah the NY job
Which was denied by Dolan :lol

Pretended he was friend with Bird but he still hated him and tried to turn everyone he knew against him

lefty
05-07-2016, 01:44 AM
Also got Westhead fired

lefty
05-07-2016, 01:46 AM

Lol you said "today's NBA "

Clipper Nation
05-07-2016, 02:03 AM
:lol Larry Bird
:lol Inbred hick
:lol Would be another Matt Bonner, Matt Carroll, or Scal in today's NBA

apalisoc_9
05-07-2016, 02:28 AM
I don't care that he fired Vogel, bro..it's the way he handled it..

Did you see his presser? He revealed their personal conversation to the media:lol..he told everybody how Vogel was near tears, asking him to reconsider, meet in person, etc..I was shocked that a "professional" would do that..

I didnt watch it. I was just commenting on the firing.

I guess the fact that I think hes done an OK job and to be treated this dirty makes it worse. :lol

apalisoc_9
05-07-2016, 02:28 AM

Truth bombs.

whitemamba
05-07-2016, 02:34 AM

Truth bombs.

Bird would mind fuck today's beta NBA players so bad.. Thugs couldn't handle this dude, you think these soft ass bitches wearing skinny jeans and blankets could handle the trash talk.. I laugh at you.

apalisoc_9
05-07-2016, 02:41 AM
Bird would mind fuck today's beta NBA players so bad.. Thugs couldn't handle this dude, you think these soft ass bitches wearing skinny jeans and blankets could handle the trash talk.. I laugh at you.
The only thing bird would be bad mouthing if he played in todays nba are slow cars in the highway because in truth he'd be a truck driver in indiana with a salty mouth because he couldnt make it to his college bball B-Team.

spurraider21
05-07-2016, 02:42 AM

Magic endangered the lives of his hundreds of male partners tbh

lefty
05-07-2016, 02:51 AM

Troof bombs

:lol Raymond Screen trying to guard Bird

Hemotivo
05-07-2016, 05:13 AM
Magic endangered the lives of his hundreds of male partners tbh

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/58889403.jpg

Twisted_Dawg
05-07-2016, 06:54 AM
Last night late in the game , Van Gundy went off on a blistering rant about how badly Vogel was treated and just how good a coach he is. I'm just wondering if he ad lib'd that remark, or if he got ESPN's approval to do so?

RsxPiimp
05-07-2016, 08:17 AM
:rollin white folks

whitemamba
05-07-2016, 09:33 AM
Troof bombs

:lol Raymond Screen trying to guard Bird
:lol kids
:lol today's NBA

BD24
05-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Jordan's an awful human being.
why do black people idolize him so much?

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 02:10 PM
Great player

It was Jordan, Pippen and Magic blocking Isiah. I've never seen anything about Bird doing it; though, it wouldn't surprise me. Bird hated the Pistons. But his animosity was mostly channeled towards Laimbeer.

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 02:11 PM

Article's not even about Vogel.

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 02:13 PM

Magic enjoys a pretty squeaky clean image; but the LA media has always protected him. Hard to say.

AlexJones
05-07-2016, 02:13 PM
:lmao Chandler Parsons of the 80's

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Phaggot backstabbed Isiah. Said in his book that he got Isiah the NY job
Which was denied by Dolan :lol

Pretended he was friend with Bird but he still hated him and tried to turn everyone he knew against him

It always bothered me that Magic could never admit that the Lakers had a much easier path to rings than teams in the east. Magic is a glory hog, tbh. I can believe that.

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 02:18 PM

Truth bombs.

Proving that you're the two biggest morons on this board.

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 02:19 PM
:lmao Chandler Parsons of the 80's

Moron #3.

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 02:20 PM

Bling.

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2016, 03:51 PM

White people love Dad Killer more than Black people do, tbh:lol

DK isn't idolized in the Black community as much as other players..his sneakers are, though, brainwashing Black youth for over 25 years..

lefty
05-07-2016, 04:09 PM
It always bothered me that Magic could never admit that the Lakers had a much easier path to rings than teams in the east. Magic is a glory hog, tbh. I can believe that.

The WC was a total joke in the 80s.
Sixers, Celticd and Pistons reached the Finals after going through tough battles.

Lakers were lucky the 86 Rockets got hit with injuries and cocaine tbh.
That team was a matchup nightmare for the Lakers

And the refs really helped them during the 88 playoffs tbh

lefty
05-07-2016, 04:11 PM
And yes Magic is a glory hog

:cry if Chicago wins the coin toss I'm not gonna play in the NBA next season.
:cry I want to play with Kareem

But...b.... I would have never teamed ul like Lebron, Wade and Bosh

Caltex2
05-07-2016, 04:29 PM

Taking it a bit too far don't cha think?

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Sixers, Celticd and Pistons reached the Finals after going through tough battles.

Lakers were lucky the 86 Rockets got hit with injuries and cocaine tbh.
That team was a matchup nightmare for the Lakers

And the refs really helped them during the 88 playoffs tbh

Yes! I remember that! Mavs, Jazz and someone else all looked better. Refs were really on top of their late game management though.

Caltex2
05-07-2016, 05:01 PM

For both Bird and MJ, if people kiss your behind enough you might become an a-hole though in Bird's case he was probably always an a-hole in real life. Jordan probably just began to smell all the crap people talked up about him and thought it didn't stink.

I couldn't imagine being so good at something that's popular that people would put on knee pads to kiss my behind.

daslicer
05-07-2016, 05:21 PM
For both Bird and MJ, if people kiss your behind enough you might become an a-hole though in Bird's case he was probably always an a-hole in real life. Jordan probably just began to smell all the crap people talked up about him and thought it didn't stink.

I couldn't imagine being so good at something that's popular that people would put on knee pads to kiss my behind.

From what I have read of Bird is that he went through a lot of shit as a kid. He literally came from white trash. His dad committing suicide when he was young just to get life insurance and it had a traumatizing effect on him. Also Bird was bullied through out his childhood that it caused him to be introverted. There is one story of how Bird got an F in an hschool English class simply because he refused to talk in front of the class. Even in college Bird was pretty insecure. There is a story where IU teammate Kent Benson who was the best player at IU at the time bullied and made fun of Bird so bad at practice that Bird dropped out of school and transferred to Indiana State. That incident supposedly hardened Bird to the point where he decided he wasn't going to take crap from anybody. I believe all these events are the reason why Bird is an asshole where dealing with the fame made MJ into an asshole.

Caltex2
05-07-2016, 05:42 PM

You forgot the Bucks. They had about the best decade for a team that didn't make the Finals ever. They essentially had two 60-win seasons and essentially won 50 games every year but once in the 80's then abruptly fell off the edge of a cliff, never to be heard from again sans Sam Cassell and Ray Allen's flash in the pan. One of their best teams ran into one of the best teams in NBA history, the '86 Celtics, after dismissing the Sixers before the ECF. One year they even swept a 56-win Celtics team out of the playoffs before losing to the Sixers in the ECF. They eliminated the Celtics and Sixers 3 times total.

Don Nelson didn't just put the Warriors and Mavs on the map.

Not to mention the Hawks with 'Nique.

SupremeGuy
05-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Larry Bird has been known as a pretty shitty human being for a long time bro...

Caltex2
05-07-2016, 05:53 PM
From what I have read of Bird is that he went through a lot of shit as a kid. He literally came from white trash. His dad committing suicide when he was young just to get life insurance and it had a traumatizing effect on him. Also Bird was bullied through out his childhood that it caused him to be introverted. There is one story of how Bird got an F in an hschool English class simply because he refused to talk in front of the class. Even in college Bird was pretty insecure. There is a story where IU teammate Kent Benson who was the best player at IU at the time bullied and made fun of Bird so bad at practice that Bird dropped out of school and transferred to Indiana State. That incident supposedly hardened Bird to the point where he decided he wasn't going to take crap from anybody. I believe all these events are the reason why Bird is an asshole where dealing with the fame made MJ into an asshole.

Excellent post, yep that type of profile will do that to anyone. I thought he transferred to Indiana State because he and Bob Knight didn't get along?

As for Jordan, he was teased and told how ugly he was as a child, not to mention stuff, while normal, that he took very personal like being cut as an underclassman from his high school basketball team. He turned out just fine until he excelled so well at basketball that people started treating him so good and proceeded to make him feel like a god and better than everyone.

Caltex2
05-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Yes! I remember that! Mavs, Jazz and someone else all looked better. Refs were really on top of their late game management though.

Mavs and Jazz? What about the Pistons in the Finals?

Ghazi
05-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Harlem... Lebron aint exactly a saint either, tbh.

Probably not as bad as Dad Killer and Big Bird though.

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Harlem... Lebron aint exactly a saint either, tbh.

Probably not as bad as Dad Killer and Big Bird though.

:lol

Ghazi
05-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Just be happy for him (Dirk) in June... k Harlem? :)

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Just be happy for him (Dirk) in June... k Harlem? :)

Can't be happy for him Ghaz, he's going to take another paycut so the Mavs can sign more washed-up scrubs:lol

jimbo
05-07-2016, 09:05 PM

Deandre Jordan would break Bird's back Bane style. Nigga would get dunked on like Knight and that'd be the end of him.

lefty
05-07-2016, 09:37 PM
You forgot the Bucks. They had about the best decade for a team that didn't make the Finals ever. They essentially had two 60-win seasons and essentially won 50 games every year but once in the 80's then abruptly fell off the edge of a cliff, never to be heard from again sans Sam Cassell and Ray Allen's flash in the pan. One of their best teams ran into one of the best teams in NBA history, the '86 Celtics, after dismissing the Sixers before the ECF. One year they even swept a 56-win Celtics team out of the playoffs before losing to the Sixers in the ECF. They eliminated the Celtics and Sixers 3 times total.

Don Nelson didn't just put the Warriors and Mavs on the map.

Not to mention the Hawks with 'Nique.

I didn't mention them because they didn't reach the Finals

But yeah they were a tough team to beat

They swept the Celtics in 82

lefty
05-07-2016, 09:39 PM

Yeah them too

Lol that phantom call on Laimbeer in game 6

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 11:53 PM

Possibly. You'd have to remind me, though. The Thomas injury kinda screwed them though. But before that, the Lakers were outplayed by the Mavs and Jazz.

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 11:56 PM

Deandre Jordan would break Bird's back Bane style. Nigga would get dunked on like Knight and that'd be the end of him.

NBA had a better version of DJ; Dominique. You wanna know how that turned out? Okay then; STFU.

Spurtacular
05-07-2016, 11:58 PM
I didn't mention them because they didn't reach the Finals

But yeah they were a tough team to beat

They swept the Celtics in 82

Word is Bird was playing with flu like symptoms in that series; but maybe it wouldn't have mattered. Bucks were definitely a tough team. Maybe they didn't make a finals; but they were still way better than the rest the sh** the Lakers were playing out west.

lefty
05-08-2016, 01:24 AM
Word is Bird was playing with flu like symptoms in that series; but maybe it wouldn't have mattered. Bucks were definitely a tough team. Maybe they didn't make a finals; but they were still way better than the rest the sh** the Lakers were playing out west.

Actually it was in 83 and Bird didn't play game 2 becauseof a high fever

ambchang
05-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Excellent post, yep that type of profile will do that to anyone. I thought he transferred to Indiana State because he and Bob Knight didn't get along?

As for Jordan, he was teased and told how ugly he was as a child, not to mention stuff, while normal, that he took very personal like being cut as an underclassman from his high school basketball team. He turned out just fine until he excelled so well at basketball that people started treating him so good and proceeded to make him feel like a god and better than everyone.

He wasn't cut, he was so good the coach thought he should be in varsity. He created that myth to motivate himself, ignoring the fact how much of an impact on a coach that had so much confidence in him.

Will Hunting
05-08-2016, 04:51 PM
White people love Dad Killer more than Black people do, tbh:lol

DK isn't idolized in the Black community as much as other players..his sneakers are, though, brainwashing Black youth for over 25 years..

:lol DK letting nike use his name to suck money out of the inner city for 25 years
:lol maybe the biggest uncle tom in professional sports history

jimbo
05-08-2016, 10:43 PM
NBA had a better version of DJ; Dominique. You wanna know how that turned out? Okay then; STFU.

only a 40 pound difference between the two

DMC
05-08-2016, 10:47 PM
I don't give a fuck about Larry Bird. His team is never an issue. Let's keep it that way.

Spurtacular
05-09-2016, 02:53 AM
only a 40 pound difference between the two

Better's better.

Caltex2
05-09-2016, 03:25 AM
:lol DK letting nike use his name to suck money out of the inner city for 25 years
:lol maybe the biggest uncle tom in professional sports history

"Uncle Tom" doesn't even have any meaning anymore and now just refers to those who aren't in group think with the loudest, most obnoxious black people who shout down those who have a differing opinion.

And don't even go there, I'm black too and I said it. If you don't like it, you're one of those people I'm talking about.