PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: The tank job comments finally surfaces officially

sexinthatsx
05-07-2016, 10:38 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/byron-scott-still-rues-not-playing-his-laker-veterans-more-165231977.html

"In an interview with the Los Angeles Daily News, Byron Scott claims that he was taken aback and “thrown for a loop” by Los Angeles’ decision to decline to pick up the option on the third year of his four-year deal, keeping in mind a conversation he had with Laker brass back in 2014 about seeing out at the very least a three-year plan:

“If I knew this was coming, I would have played Lou [Williams], Brandon [Bass] and guys like that a whole lot more,” Scott said, referring to his veterans in an interview with this newspaper. “They gave me the best chance to win.”

[…]

“I wasn’t going to sell myself; that’s just not me. But I did bring up the fact that I thought I had at least another year with our discussions that this would be hard the first two or three years,” Scott said. “They asked if I was all right with it and I said, ‘Yeah I am. But are you guys?’ The answer back to me was, ‘Yeah, because we knew this would be tough and it would take a while.’”

Byron should have known he signed a deal with the devil. Now his coaching career is ruined and no teams would want him, what a terrible stigma.

Guess that's what happens when you sign with the Lakers:
1. they turn on the coach
2. they give their star 1 year fora farewell tour before kicking his ass out the door
3. tried trading Pau Gasol not once or twice, but 3 times
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Buddy Mignon
05-07-2016, 11:14 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/byron-scott-still-rues-not-playing-his-laker-veterans-more-165231977.html

"In an interview with the Los Angeles Daily News, Byron Scott claims that he was taken aback and “thrown for a loop” by Los Angeles’ decision to decline to pick up the option on the third year of his four-year deal, keeping in mind a conversation he had with Laker brass back in 2014 about seeing out at the very least a three-year plan:

“If I knew this was coming, I would have played Lou [Williams], Brandon [Bass] and guys like that a whole lot more,” Scott said, referring to his veterans in an interview with this newspaper. “They gave me the best chance to win.”

[…]

“I wasn’t going to sell myself; that’s just not me. But I did bring up the fact that I thought I had at least another year with our discussions that this would be hard the first two or three years,” Scott said. “They asked if I was all right with it and I said, ‘Yeah I am. But are you guys?’ The answer back to me was, ‘Yeah, because we knew this would be tough and it would take a while.’”

Byron should have known he signed a deal with the devil. Now his coaching career is ruined and no teams would want him, what a terrible stigma.

Guess that's what happens when you sign with the Lakers:
1. they turn on the coach
2. they give their star 1 year fora farewell tour before kicking his ass out the door
3. tried trading Pau Gasol not once or twice, but 3 times
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

We didnt trade Pau... no one wanted him.

sexinthatsx
05-07-2016, 11:17 AM

Lakers tried trading Pau away 3 times... one of the times which Lakers would have landed cp3 that got vetoed. No wonder Pau hates the Lakers lol

UZER
05-07-2016, 12:14 PM
We don't tank.

We don't rebuild, we reload.

Twisted_Dawg
05-07-2016, 12:20 PM
We don't tank.

We don't rebuild, we reload.

Sounds arrogantly similar to the remarks Mack Brown and Delos Dodds used to say about UT.

MultiTroll
05-07-2016, 01:11 PM
“I wasn’t going to sell myself; that’s just not me.
No, playing Kirby and then attempting to justify it is not selling out at all. :rolleyes

MultiTroll
05-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Spunky, the post said "tried trading Pau".

Chris
05-07-2016, 04:29 PM
They were trying to sell Pau's shit.

Biernutz
05-08-2016, 03:18 AM
Byron had a no win job.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/kobe/tank%20_zpsxx5rtz2p.jpg

K...
05-08-2016, 10:03 AM
Poor byron got dumped when they saw the curly hair fuckboy was available. That's the new Bus family, not about basketball. Entertainment and legacy first and second.

Thebesteva
05-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Can we stop pretending like Byron isn't a garbage ass coach?

Medvedenko
05-08-2016, 01:27 PM
From game the first game to the last game the team had no semblance of offence or flow. It had nothing to do with veterans or rookies. The concepts he had were shit.

spurraider21
05-08-2016, 01:30 PM
From game the first game to the last game the team had no semblance of offence or flow. It had nothing to do with veterans or rookies. The concepts he had were shit.
They were selling your shit.

buttsR4rebounding
05-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Poor byron got dumped when they saw the curly hair fuckboy was available. That's the new Bus family, not about basketball. Entertainment and legacy first and second.

They are officially the Dallas Cowboys of the NBA...JeanieWorld.

LkrFan
05-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Poor Byron got dumped when they saw the curly hair fuckboy was available. That's the new Bus family, not about basketball. Entertainment and legacy first and second.
Good one! :lol