PDA

View Full Version : KD: "Money isnt everything"

100%duncan
05-07-2016, 09:05 PM
So..... Who's gone? :lol

dbreiden83080
05-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Why are there people here that want this guy? He's been a long time rival at this point. Would you all have welcomed Kobe with open arms back in the day? The thought of him in a Spurs uniform would have made me puke..

DMX7
05-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Why are there people here that want this guy? He's been a long time rival at this point. Would you all have welcomed Kobe with open arms back in the day? The thought of him in a Spurs uniform would have made me puke..

Pop would have taken him in a second.

dbreiden83080
05-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Pop would have taken him in a second.

So..

TheGreatYacht
05-07-2016, 09:33 PM
:cry built not bought :cry fans

:lmao

DJR210
05-07-2016, 09:39 PM

:lol

spursparker9
05-07-2016, 09:59 PM
its happening!!!

hater
05-07-2016, 10:01 PM

PopTheGOAT
05-07-2016, 10:05 PM
Why would you not tbh?
Not 6, not 7.... :lol

SpursforSix
05-07-2016, 10:29 PM
What does this do to them defensively? Particularly against GS. How is KD's defense? Also I assume, GSW would be able to lure some other decent free agent.

spurraider21
05-07-2016, 10:31 PM
we would average about 140ppg so it wouldnt matter

dbestpro
05-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Who cares. The calls the Spurs would get would more than make up for any loss defensively.

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2016, 10:33 PM
You don't pass up a top 3 player in the NBA, tbh..

I don't know why people are discussing this, though:lol..just because a 3rd tier name like Aldridge joined the Spurs, it doesn't mean a top-tier name is going to do the same..

honestfool84
05-07-2016, 10:36 PM

I don't know why people are discussing this, though:lol..just because a 3rd tier name like Aldridge joined the Spurs, it doesn't mean a top-tier name is going to do the same..

3rd tier name like Aldridge?

Splits
05-07-2016, 10:37 PM

Was LMA worth it?

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2016, 10:38 PM
3rd tier name like Aldridge?

Aldridge is a top 10-15 player in the NBA, but he's not a marquee guy, nor does he receive any type of marketing..his "legacy" doesn't mean anything, he's the Chris Bosh of the Heatles..

Durant is a generational talent that would be seen as a frontrunner if he joined the Spurs, tbh..

100%duncan
05-07-2016, 10:52 PM

Im not comfortable letting Tp (sentimental reasons) and or Danny (production) go but I think anyone would do the move in a heartbeat imho

honestfool84
05-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Aldridge is a top 10-15 player in the NBA, but he's not a marquee guy, nor does he receive any type of marketing..his "legacy" doesn't mean anything, he's the Chris Bosh of the Heatles..

Durant is a generational talent that would be seen as a frontrunner if he joined the Spurs, tbh..

You're right - and I wouldn't consider Aldridge a better player than Kawhi... At least I would pick Kawhi over Aldridge to start a team - but Aldridge has been playing just as good as Kawhi (a top 10 player in the league).

dabom
05-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Get him Pop.

spursparker9
05-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Just be like Phoenix and Dallas in the 2000s.

Score 130+ and you will probably win 9 out of 10 times

05-07-2016, 10:58 PM
I'm with you. It's chickenshit.

05-07-2016, 10:58 PM
KD joining the Spurs would be worse than LeBron joining the Heat.

dabom
05-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Shut up. Bitch.

TheDoctor
05-07-2016, 11:08 PM

Slim Reaper is coming.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1voaeI1hViQ/Vu2Sb18DIWI/AAAAAAAAIlk/M4BLezIrEPkFyc9njBKrBqkG0nY2pS4TA/s640/Kevin%2BDurant%2BSan%2BAntonio%2BSpurs.gif

intlspurshk
05-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Do you really believe he will join the SPURS?

Keepin' it real
05-07-2016, 11:15 PM

What was bad about it for Lebron? 4 finals, 2 rings, south beach

Yeah that's horrible.

TheDoctor
05-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Do you really believe he will join the SPURS?
What do you think about it?

dbreiden83080
05-07-2016, 11:20 PM
Im not comfortable letting Tp (sentimental reasons) and or Danny (production) go but I think anyone would do the move in a heartbeat imho

I don't think we need to load this team up now with all these high-profile free agents. We have a great team right now, with a phenomenal young player that is the franchise and will be for many years to come as long as he stays healthy. Lemarcus has come in and done an incredible job fitting in, and he's having an amazing post season so far. If you bring Kevin in, I feel like it will stop the growth of Leonards offense game big time. Title or no title I think that Tim retires at the end of the season, but the Spurs with the same basic team coming back still have a great shot at it again next year.

DMX7
05-07-2016, 11:22 PM

LMA is part of Team Jordan.

DMC
05-07-2016, 11:43 PM
KD joining the Spurs would be worse than LeBron joining the Heat.That produced 4 straight Finals appearances and 2 rings. We would rarely mention the Heat here if Lebron hadn't gone there. People here act like that was a bad move for Lebron because "do it on your own" bullshit from crybaby 90's players. The league of super teams is here to stay. If you can build one you better do so before you become another lottery team at which point no one wants to join you.

ducks
05-07-2016, 11:45 PM
West paycut?

LakerHater
05-07-2016, 11:48 PM
where did he say this?

T Park
05-07-2016, 11:54 PM

Uh yes. Because I want to freaking win.

T Park
05-07-2016, 11:56 PM

Troll troll troll

ducks
05-08-2016, 12:04 AM
where did he say this?

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/05/07/kevin-durant-on-spurs-david-west-money-isnt-everything/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

wingster
05-08-2016, 12:18 AM
Uh yes. Because I want to freaking win.
As opposed to our current losing ways?
oh wait

ElNono
05-08-2016, 12:19 AM
The way the Dubs are playing, you gotta stack det deck if you can, tbh

BillMc
05-08-2016, 12:22 AM

Additionally, getting KD means one of your opponents (OKC, GSW, LAC) does not have him. To me, it's as much about that as anything.

wingster
05-08-2016, 12:23 AM
Fair. But what if we beat them in the WCF? Still?

HI-FI
05-08-2016, 12:31 AM
Additionally, getting KD means one of your opponents (OKC, GSW, LAC) does not have him. To me, it's as much about that as anything.
this more than anything. I used to be a big KD fan but definitely prefer Green these days, however things are turning into an arms race.
I get the feeling Durant wants to go someplace where coaching matters, since everyone in OKC is intimidated by Westbrook.

BillMc
05-08-2016, 12:33 AM
this more than anything. I used to be a big KD fan but definitely prefer Green these days, however things are turning into an arms race.
I get the feeling Durant wants to go someplace where coaching matters, since everyone in OKC is intimidated by Westbrook.

Agree 100%

spurraider21
05-08-2016, 12:44 AM
i definitely like danny more than durant... but realistically there's no way you pass up on that

apalisoc_9
05-08-2016, 12:53 AM

Should move to the east. Hes not going to play second fiddle to kawhi. And he will. Dont let "danny should average 15ppg" chinook tells you otherwise.

So much of basketball touches etc is personality related. Thats what cute posters would never understand. Kawhi is the alpha now. And i bet you KD knows that a huge possibility and thus never come in san antonio.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-08-2016, 12:54 AM

This is nothing like Kobe tbh. Durant hasnt killed our hopes and dreams the way Kobe did... Durant is just a crybaby that is pretty good. In our system he would absolutely dominate. Durant, Aldridge, and Kawhi on the floor all at the same time would be the best trio in the league and its not even close. We could probably win 75 games with that group if we actually wanted to.

houston spurs fan
05-08-2016, 01:05 AM
Should move to the east. Hes not going to play second fiddle to kawhi. And he will. Dont let "danny should average 15ppg" chinook tells you otherwise.

So much of basketball touches etc is personality related. Thats what cute posters would never understand. Kawhi is the alpha now. And i bet you KD knows that a huge possibility and thus never come in san antonio.
Bandwagon fan looking for his next team...

james evans
05-08-2016, 01:34 AM
which got them 2 rings. And that's a bad thing? :lol

rasuo214
05-08-2016, 01:40 AM
Sign KD, have Bonner join the Front Office and have TD fulfill the Bonner role because his leadership alone is worth it.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2016, 01:53 AM
The formation of the superteam in this day and age quite frankly makes me sick. LeBron wanting to play with all of his buddies and what not. Disgusting. If that leaves me in the 90s as an old-school fan, then so be it I don't care. All I know is you have people to this day that shit on the Legacy of a player like Patrick Ewing. A player that spent his entire prime year after year, trying to make it work in New York in spite of insurmountable obstacles. When did he ever go to New York management, and say get me the fuck out of here, because I want to go play with my good friend Michael Jordan? So many of these players today are straight up pussies.

TheDoctor
05-08-2016, 01:55 AM
I don't think we need to load this team up now with all these high-profile free agents. We have a great team right now, with a phenomenal young player that is the franchise and will be for many years to come as long as he stays healthy. Lemarcus has come in and done an incredible job fitting in, and he's having an amazing post season so far. If you bring Kevin in, I feel like it will stop the growth of Leonards offense game big time. Title or no title I think that Tim retires at the end of the season, but the Spurs with the same basic team coming back still have a great shot at it again next year.

Whaaa? You gotta stack when you can and better yet, you keep him out of the Worriers hands. The way I see it, if a former MVP-still-in-his-prime wants to play for you at the expense of some role players, and your core players are OK with it, you don't look back and do it.

KD is not Westbrook. He won't stop Kawhi's growth and you just underestimated Kawhi's work ethic. The system will help you to some extent, but you need to work hard on your own to achieve greatness. If you are talking about PPG, I can assure you Kawhi won't mind scoring 2-3 points less if it means better odds at winning championships.

LMA was a ball dominant player and look how it played out.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2016, 02:04 AM
Whaaa? You gotta stack when you can and better yet, you keep him out of the Worriers hands. The way I see it, if a former MVP-still-in-his-prime wants to play for you at the expense of some role players, and your core players are OK with it, you don't look back and do it.

KD is not Westbrook. He won't stop Kawhi's growth and you just underestimated Kawhi's work ethic. The system will help you to some extent, but you need to work hard on your own to achieve greatness. If you are talking about PPG, I can assure you Kawhi won't mind scoring 2-3 points less if it means better odds at winning championships.

LMA was a ball dominant player and look how it played out.

I am old school. He is a rival and I straight up don't want him on the team. He should stay where he is and try to win a championship there. That city will hate his ass forever if he leaves. And to be honest there really is no reason why he should be leaving.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2016, 02:08 AM
By the way why the fuck would the Warriors sign Kevin, when they just won 73 games LOL? Gee if we sign him we might win 75 next year.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-08-2016, 02:09 AM
I am old school. He is a rival and I straight up don't want him on the team. He should stay where he is and try to win a championship there. That city will hate his ass forever if he leaves. And to be honest there really is no reason why he should be leaving.

He is barely a rival. He hasnt really been the reason for any failed playoff runs, Harden was the one who murdered us in 2012 and other than that he hasnt cost us anything important.

He plays with Westchimp dude, a me first player, and he is coached by a retard. There are plenty of reasons he should want to leave and come here with team first mentality players and a HOF coach. Lol, get the fuck out.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2016, 02:11 AM
He is barely a rival. He hasnt really been the reason for any failed playoff runs, Harden was the one who murdered us in 2012 and other than that he hasnt cost us anything important.

He plays with Westchimp dude, a me first player, and he is coached by a retard. There are plenty of reasons he should want to leave and come here with team first mentality players and a HOF coach. Lol, get the fuck out.

He is not a rival get the fuck out of here. They beat us in the playoffs several years ago, and everyone said this team would take our place. We beat them in the playoffs two years ago to get back to the finals. Here we are again in a tight playoff battle with them. He's not a rival my ass. He is the best player on the team. West brick takes all the shots but Kevin Durant is the best player.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-08-2016, 02:13 AM

Aldridge is currently playing at a top 5 level

Dex
05-08-2016, 02:15 AM

If you are a top 10-15 player in a league that has 30 teams...pretty sure that automatically makes you a "marquee guy".

He helped carry the team to a franchise-best 67 wins, and has been one of the top 3 performers in the playoffs so far. Not really sure what the hell else you expect him to do.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-08-2016, 02:16 AM
He is not a rival get the fuck out of here. They beat us in the playoffs several years ago, and everyone said this team would take our place. We beat them in the playoffs two years ago to get back to the finals. Here we are again in a tight playoff battle with them. He's not a rival my ass. He is the best player on the team. West brick takes all the shots but Kevin Durant is the best player.

Sure but I mean a rival in the Kobe sense. The way we hated him we wouldve never wanted him on our team. But Durant, he is fine, he isnt hated, he is just a ref coddled crybaby, we would accept him with open arms, Kobe not so much.

But regardless, he has every reason to gtfo of OKC and go somewhere where his talents will be utilized properly, AKA San Antonio

letmk
05-08-2016, 02:17 AM
I'd try every possible way to trade diaw, mills or Parker before trading green.

spurraider21
05-08-2016, 02:21 AM
i'm glad your old-school self wasn't involved in the decision of whether or not to bring aldridge in, either

jbspurs
05-08-2016, 02:23 AM
Spurs will become the most hated team because of all the talent they will have. I don't mind it, as long as Spurs get more LOB!

dbreiden83080
05-08-2016, 02:24 AM
i'm glad your old-school self wasn't involved in the decision of whether or not to bring aldridge in, either

I really didn't care one way or another to be honest. But is he a first ballot Hall of Famer that is going to go down as one of the all-time great players? Because we are discussing a player that may leave in his prime in free agency on that level..

KDKSpurs24
05-08-2016, 02:38 AM

Top 10-15 player out of 400+ players though...

BillMc
05-08-2016, 02:41 AM
I'd try every possible way to trade diaw, mills or Parker before trading green.

Salary wise maybe Diaw and Mills would be enough? Nice team if we could get KD and keep Green and Tony.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-08-2016, 02:43 AM
The Spurs interest in Durant just confirms that this is Manu and Tim's last year imo. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Diaw considered retirement as well.

The front office knows that adding a player like Durant would hold that championship window open for another 5+ years.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2016, 02:50 AM
That produced 4 straight Finals appearances and 2 rings. We would rarely mention the Heat here if Lebron hadn't gone there. People here act like that was a bad move for Lebron because "do it on your own" bullshit from crybaby 90's players. The league of super teams is here to stay. If you can build one you better do so before you become another lottery team at which point no one wants to join you.

Woah.... Truth here tbh...

OrEmuN
05-08-2016, 03:06 AM
So ... he is taking the mid-level exception ?

rmt
05-08-2016, 03:34 AM
Better us than GSW, LAC, CLE or any of the top teams. I don't care for the Spurs (colluding-wise) - you must get talent where available - they've built up the reputation where players are giving up $9 million? for a chance to play here. He probably has enough money from his previous contract and endorsements and wants to win. He's guaranteed at least 3 more years of Pop, Leonard is an easy personality to get along with (no fuss) and he's the perfect age (27) between KL (24) and LMA (30). Pop might even get him to improve his defense. Sounds all good to me.

Unfortunately, we're in line behind GSW (attractiveness wise) and Parker's contract is so big.

SouthernFried
05-08-2016, 04:04 AM
We should focus on getting a PG.

Because that is what we need more than anything.

Raven
05-08-2016, 04:19 AM
why do people make such a big deal about "playing 2nd fiddle to x"? You try what works and go from there.

cutewizard
05-08-2016, 05:40 AM
Anything is possible in the Cosmos

-------------------------------------------

on another front, Duterte is about to become president of the phils!

book it! because i said so............i can see the future!

midnightpulp
05-08-2016, 07:49 AM
In terms of roster, the Spurs are the perfect build for KD. No ball dominant perimeter player or guard to black hole the offense and soak up touches (no Crew, Tony isn't nowhere close to ball dominant). LMA's low post/mid range shooting game plus Kawhi's solid "all-around" offense game complements KD's style perfectly. KD and Kawhi could trade off being the floor stretcher as each attacks with drives or dribble-posts (with LMA spotting up at 18 feet). Tony would have a fuckin' freeway amount of space to work with. Despite his struggles, he's still one of the best probing point guards in the league.

And all their ages overlap perfectly: Kawhi: 24, KD: 27, LMA: 30. Their first year together would definitely see a relatively even spread of usage (LMA would be the least used, obviously), but then as LMA ages, KD and Kawhi's usage would increase, while LMA shifts into more of a role player offensively (14-15ppg). So if KD and Kawhi are overly concerned about numbers, they'll get theirs. KD would definitely be the 1A in this group for the first 2 years, but as he nears 30 and Kawhi moves into his basketball prime, KD will move into the 1B.

If KD wants to win titles, it's a no brainer. (Golden State is the other no brainer, obviously, but the Spurs have the advantage of being the less glamorous franchise, so KD won't receive as much backlash for "running" to the Spurs as he would by running to Wardell. If anything, his move could even be praised by the media due to the immense gravitas Popovich has. I could see Lowe, et al, writing an article about how it's a "smart move" for KD).

The only obstacle to this scenario is the fact we're playing them. I don't think KD is concerned about media backlash for "running" to a 67 win team. KD is probably thinking, "Steph has Klay and Draymond, Lebron has Love and Irving. I have a chucker who freezes me out and Dion Waiters." Point is, his competition are super-teams, so he might be thinking, "Why can't I be on one?" The Thunder won't be good enough to beat either for the next 3 or 4 years, by which time KD will be over 30 and Westbrook will be experiencing an athletic decline.

If KD wants the best chance at a ring, the Spurs make the most sense. He could indeed try to go Washington or Boston and beat the Cavs, but I don't think the overall rosters are good enough, nor would be they good enough to beat Wardell and Co., who have 3 to 4 seasons left as the clear title favorite (unless some big, big trade/signings or injuries happen).

cutewizard
05-08-2016, 07:51 AM
thanks Sir midnightpulp! well said

:bobo

TheDoctor
05-08-2016, 09:36 AM
But what about what the players want? That's their life and they can do whatever they want without having to think about pleasing fans.

If he's happy in OKC, he'll stay, but if he wants to play for championships he should leave. You talking about he needing to stay and try to win in OKC, but what about the FO? Why "wasting" your career in a place where the FO is trash at decision making? Because he could be the best player in the World but as long as Presti is in there they won't win shit. Players can only do much.

james evans
05-08-2016, 09:44 AM
So if we win this year, u won't be celebrating this title due to your "old schoolness" and Aldridge signing with us last summer?

Chomag
05-08-2016, 10:06 AM
So much this! Its not all about the spurs getting him which would be pretty great to begin with but keeping him off our rival's rosters pretty much outweighs anything.

Lol at some ppl here talking like KD is a scrub

look_at_g_shred
05-08-2016, 10:08 AM
So much this! Its not all about the spurs getting him which would be pretty great to begin with but keeping him off our rival's rosters pretty much outweighs anything.

Lol at some ppl here talking like KD is a scrub it's ridiculous right? :lmao

sook
05-08-2016, 10:08 AM
KD will be a nice addition to our team, it will be key to beat him gently as opposed to humiliating him. Betas are known to fold under that kind of pressure and he will make some irrational decision. Good thing TP and Kiwi will keep him in check so he will have an alpha to defer to.

Ice009
05-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Better us than GSW, LAC, CLE or any of the top teams. I don't care for the Spurs (colluding-wise) - you must get talent where available - they've built up the reputation where players are giving up $9 million? for a chance to play here. He probably has enough money from his previous contract and endorsements and wants to win. He's guaranteed at least 3 more years of Pop, Leonard is an easy personality to get along with (no fuss) and he's the perfect age (27) between KL (24) and LMA (30). Pop might even get him to improve his defense. Sounds all good to me.

Unfortunately, we're in line behind GSW (attractiveness wise) and Parker's contract is so big.

KD just signed a 300 million plus shoe deal with Nike a couple of years ago. He should be more than OK for money. Under Armour tried to steal him from Nike by offering 300 + million, but Nike had an option to match it. They matched it and added a bit more on top of whatever the number was that UA offered him. Luckily for Under Armour, they then signed Curry for a lot less (I think it was 4 million per year), so they got an insane steal and saved a shitload of money by missing out on Durant. Nike also fucked up by re-using a presentation during Curry's meeting that still had Kevin Durant's name on it. They also mispronounced his name during the whole presentation which neither thing sat well with Curry's dad. Curry's signature shoe sales are now also higher than all of Nike/Jordan brand signature shoes apart from the actual Jordan line itself. Nike fucked up big time by giving Durant that much cash and letting Curry walk.

kaji157
05-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Would be a good sixth man

Biggems
05-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Yes, I would have taken Kobe....and he wouldn't have been the ball hog and chucker he was in LA. He would have committed more to defense, then he did during the 2nd half of his career. His passion, fire, and will to win is something that every team needs and covets. Having Duncan and Kobe together would have been ridiculously insane.

I wouldn't mind KD, I just don't want to blow up the roster and give up so much to get him.

RD2191
05-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Tbh I don't understand why KD would get hate for signing with the best organization in pro sports. If anything OKC fans should hate their front office for never being able to build a solid team around KD. I mean who wants to stay at a shitty company forever with no chance of moving up in the company? Pretty much the same thing. It's not like the Heatles where 3 faggots got together to blow each other and form a superteam. He'd be coming to a team who did it the right way and has a championship pedigree.

Kyl3
05-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Y'all are crazy if you think he will be signed for anything less than the max.
Besides, we need a quality PG.

look_at_g_shred
05-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Tbh I don't understand why KD would get hate for signing with the best organization in pro sports. If anything OKC fans should hate their front office for never being able to build a solid team around KD. I mean who wants to stay at a shitty company forever with no chance of moving up in the company? Pretty much the same thing. It's not like the Heatles where 3 faggots got together to blow each other and form a superteam. He'd be coming to a team who did it the right way and has a championship pedigree. Rob, is that you?
:wow

look_at_g_shred
05-08-2016, 11:14 AM

What's with the dominos nickname? :lmao

LoneStarState'sPride
05-08-2016, 11:17 AM

If it makes OKC hate him, I want him even more, tbh.

K...
05-08-2016, 11:19 AM
The league is going through a weird time. It's salary capped, and salary is getting weird. Role players are getting the biggest contracts while superstars are butting up against the max. That's the NBA.

i have no sympathy for OKC who stole their team. You want to talk old school loyalty start with Seattle.

We really are, a slightly poorer version of the Kobe shaq lakers. Kawhi is the drafted slow developing wing talent and lma is a passable dominant big man.

People gave Lebron shit because he was the clear best player in the league and he acted like a diva. If he had calmly said that he did not like the Front office, no one would blame him. If he said he wanted to live in Miami, no one would care.

Orlando has lost two all star bigs in free agency. There is sympathy there but not significant sympathy. The league has favorites. Sometimes those favorites make sense like when LA and NY bring in the $$$ but others are arbitrary like OKC being an exciting team. Oklahoma is a poor state and basketball there seems like a transient thing. We joke about the spurs being a few years from relocation based on the past but i think OKC really is just a few years out of relocation if they lose their core talent.

IF durant jumps a sinking ship he looks like a hero.

RD2191
05-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Rob, is that you?
:wow
I was clearly hacked. :wakeup

look_at_g_shred
05-08-2016, 11:23 AM

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 11:43 AM
What's with the dominos nickname? :lmao

His face looks like a pizza

boutons_deux
05-08-2016, 11:48 AM
"Money isnt everything" (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260270&goto=newpost)
... easy to say when one has a net worth of $10Ms in the bank, and $10Ms to come.

spurs10
05-08-2016, 11:50 AM
I'm sure his talent will attract many suitors and it could be KD is finally ready to play team basketball. My thought has always been- we have a great 3-4 combination what position does KD play?

I'd like to see him go to the east and perhaps bring some parity over there. The Lebron cakewalk to the Finals is getting old.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2016, 01:24 PM
KD is a great player and would be 1+ years past his broken foot - that seems to be OK.

I think it is a sign of great respect that the Spurs Organization gets a LEGIT meeting with top shelf free agent players like LMA and possibly KD if he chooses to test the waters.

Is KD a Nike guy? I'm wondering because that is apparently something that matters to certain players and their representatives.

SpurPadre
05-08-2016, 01:28 PM

this is how I see it. it's a necessary evil, as much as i hate that fuck, especially after how he's dissed Kawhi over the years.

Spurtacular
05-08-2016, 01:32 PM
So..... Who's gone?

Green and Diaw.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2016, 01:32 PM

Given the escalation of the cap, the TP contract is not nearly as bad as you would think. That being said, some rotation players (similar to Tiago) would have to be moved along to get a max deal done. It would not be an easy fit. The Spurs can make it happen due to the escalation. KD might want to find the right environment instead fighting for every last dollar in the player contract.

Plus, he is an hour away from his college home. That's not a bad thing for attracting KD to SA.

Maybe Kevin wants to be a system player now that the benefits are very apparent.

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2016, 05:35 PM
If you are a top 10-15 player in a league that has 30 teams...pretty sure that automatically makes you a "marquee guy".

He helped carry the team to a franchise-best 67 wins, and has been one of the top 3 performers in the playoffs so far. Not really sure what the hell else you expect him to do.

I'm not talking about his quality as a basketball player, I'm referring to his status in the NBA..he's not a big name among non-hardcore NBA fans..

For example, Aldridge is currently better than Blake Griffin, but he's clearly not as big of a star..

DAF86
05-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Troll troll troll

Everything he said is spot on. I don't know why would you think he's trolling.

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2016, 05:44 PM
FYI, Aldridge has never even cracked the top 15 in jersey sales at any point of his career..I don't know how anybody is arguing that he's a big name player:lol

Just for comparison purposes, Tim Duncan has cracked the top 15 several times since his prime ended alone..just 2 years ago he cracked the top 15 as a 38-year old, "boring" star player..

Kawhi cracked the top 15, last year, his first as a star..

Aldridge is a great player, top 10-15, he has been outstanding in the playoffs and he has proven me wrong, but you would have to be a huge homer to consider him a "star", let alone on the level of somebody like Durant..

BillMc
05-08-2016, 06:25 PM
this is how I see it. it's a necessary evil, as much as i hate that fuck, especially after how he's dissed Kawhi over the years.

Agreed. "System player" yet now he wants to join the system...

T Park
05-09-2016, 06:48 AM
Everything he said is spot on. I don't know why would you think he's trolling.

Yeah Aldridge a mult time all star is 3rd tier. Adios

T Park
05-09-2016, 06:49 AM
FYI, Aldridge has never even cracked the top 15 in jersey sales at any point of his career..I don't know how anybody is arguing that he's a big name player:lol

Just for comparison purposes, Tim Duncan has cracked the top 15 several times since his prime ended alone..just 2 years ago he cracked the top 15 as a 38-year old, "boring" star player..

Kawhi cracked the top 15, last year, his first as a star..

Aldridge is a great player, top 10-15, he has been outstanding in the playoffs and he has proven me wrong, but you would have to be a huge homer to consider him a "star", let alone on the level of somebody like Durant..

Had no idea Colin Cowherd posted here

T Park
05-09-2016, 06:50 AM
As opposed to our current losing ways?
oh wait

look kid....... you wouldnt know what losing feels like. you werent around for the 80s and 1997. It sucks.

You go after and try to get the best players all the damn time so you keep with the 60+ seasons.

DAF86
05-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Yeah Aldridge a mult time all star is 3rd tier. Adios

3rd tier "name", "name" being the key word. And he trully is that.

You have the first tier with guys like Lebron, Curry, Durant.

Then the second tier with the Westbrooks, CP3s, Griffins, etc.

And then the third tier with guys like Aldridge.

Don't be a butthurt homer and try to use objective logic son, God bless.

dunkman
05-09-2016, 02:07 PM
KD is joining the dark side, if the Spurs win the series.

dunkman
05-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Aldridge is second tier all-star, because he's a bigman. Besides the +20 PPG production, that kind of player also get you +10 RPG, rim protection and when is also a good shooter, because of his lenght, can make indefensible shots in playoffs.