PDA

View Full Version : Game 4 Referees

stnick2261
05-08-2016, 12:56 PM
Danny Crawford (crew chief) - was voted #1 Best ref by the NBA players.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-best-worst-referees-20160131-story.html

"Danny is good because he'll talk to you," another player said. "He doesn't take it personal if you question him, as long as you're not tripping or your tone is not all messed up. If you're asking a question, even if you're questioning his call, he doesn't take it like it's an affront to his manhood. He might tell you some stuff like, 'You're wrong.' But he'll treat you like a man, like a human being."

Crawford used to just let teams play but now he favors the losing team to keep it close, and favors stars. Regardless, he's still one of the league's best refs.

some stats:
1) Spurs lost twice at home in the 2014 Playoffs (Gm2 against Mavs and Gm2 of Finals). Crawford had both games
2) That same year, in the playoff games Crawford was chief, the home team won 30% of the time.

3) Last year he ref'd Gm6 vs LAC. He swallowed the whistle and lets the teams play (we lost). We need to play aggresive.

Bill Spooner - I don't know much about him. Over the course of his career, the home team gets 1 fewer foul called on them and wins 57% of the time. He has previously tried to sue a reporter for calling him out on bad calls.

Zach Zarba - Not a particularly BAD ref, but Pop can't stand him. They have a history. Zarba will guess on close plays (think Wade's flop in the '14 finals). We'll have to rely on Crawford to overturn any bad calls from Zarba. He also ref'd game 6 last year with Crawford.

Does anyone know of any other tendencies that Spooner or Zarba have?

spursistan
05-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Danny Crawford has beef with Cuban/Mavericks but he is still solid overall..just keep it close in 4th and let OKC self-destruct..if we make our shots, nothing will matter anyway..

Spurtacular
05-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Voted # 1 Ref by players is not that good a thing; benefactors of his cheating are naturally going to vote for him at the highest clip in a multi option ballot. If you had Danny Crawford vs. individual refs and did a league wide vote, you'd find he has negative numbers. I have no doubt that the NBA paid the LA Times to do that propaganda for them.

stnick2261
05-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Voted # 1 Ref by players is not that good a thing; benefactors of his cheating are naturally going to vote for him at the highest clip in a multi option ballot. If you had Danny Crawford vs. individual refs and did a league wide vote, you'd find he has negative numbers. I have no doubt that the NBA paid the LA Times to do that propaganda for them.

Read the article and the quotes. It's actually good. A ref can't cheat for all of the players. The list only affirms what we already knew, that Danny Crawford is as good a ref that there is and is respected.

Spurtacular
05-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Read the article and the quotes. It's actually good. A ref can't cheat for all of the players. The list only affirms what we already knew, that Danny Crawford is as good a ref that there is and is respected.

That is not confirmed; certainly not by that fuzzy math. But as well, some good opinions of him don't confirm it either. I'm not trying to totally trash DC; but I think he is a company man. He's not as bad as Scott Foster or Monty McCutchen, etc. IMO

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Dan Crawford? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

We're fucked. NBA wants a 7 game series

Spurtacular
05-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Dan Crawford? You've got to be fucking kidding me. We're fucked.

If history holds.

NBA wants a 7 game series

Yup.

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Crawford favors the road team so the ThundeRef factor should be minimized.

atoyotagaspedal
05-08-2016, 02:31 PM
God, the fact that there are threads for which refs are gonna be in the game just shows how sorry as fuck this league is.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Crawford favors the road team so the ThundeRef factor should be minimized.

Wrong Crawford

Xevious
05-08-2016, 03:06 PM
God, the fact that there are threads for which refs are gonna be in the game just shows how sorry as fuck this league is.
Other than boxing/MMA, can't think of any other sport where this is even discussed.

baseline bum
05-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Crawford was a great ref to get in the old days when the Spurs were really physical. Then he was a terrible draw in 2012-2015 when the Spurs were a finesse team, just like he was a terrible draw for Dallas all those years. Now that they're more a physical defensive team again I think he's a good draw for the Spurs.

Keepin' it real
05-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Dan Crawford? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

We're fucked. NBA wants a 7 game series

Would the NBA really want a 7 game series with two small market teams, including the "boring" Spurs?

SpurPadre
05-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Just. Make. Your. FUCKING. FREE THROWS.

Gagnrath
05-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Would the NBA really want a 7 game series with two small market teams, including the "boring" Spurs?

Some more likely that steph curry will be back at full strength for whichever team is the winner and that makes it far more likely that the golden state will be in the finals against Cavaliers

Keepin' it real
05-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Some more likely that he will be back at full strength for whichever team is the winner and that makes it far more likely that the state will be in the finals against Cavaliers

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/54449564.jpg
:downspin:

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Does the NBA want to extend the series so the winner is exhausted or injured when facing the Worrier$? Yes

baseline bum
05-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Crawford was a great ref to get in the old days when the Spurs were really physical. Then he was a terrible draw in 2012-2015 when the Spurs were a finesse team, just like he was a terrible draw for Dallas all those years. Now that they're more a physical defensive team again I think he's a good draw for the Spurs.

Well so much for that, Crawford is fucking the Spurs over with no vaseline tonight :pctoss

Robz4000
05-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Way things are going Spurs prolly draw Mauer again for Game 5. NBA not fucking around.

baseline bum
05-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Fuck you Danny Crawford

Robz4000
05-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Refs about to gift OKC the next three games. Just unreal.

random21
05-08-2016, 09:09 PM
These refs are fuckin homer refs...

TheQuietDynasty
05-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Thunder getting alot of help from refs....wow

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Told you faggots.

:cry but Dan Crawford got voted as the best ref :cry

Were the voters Thunder players?!?!

ThaBigFundamental21
05-08-2016, 09:32 PM
That was shockingly bad. Not gonna lie. I can't believe it

spurtech09
05-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Why do the refs love OKC so much......Never saw so many bad calls.....

lefty
05-08-2016, 09:35 PM
lol blaming the refs and not Porker

SASdynasty!
05-08-2016, 09:37 PM
lol blaming the refs and not Porker
Blame him for his 10/16 shooting to lead the Spurs in scoring? Maybe if anyone else could hit a shot. Quit acting like we didn't get screwed by the refs like 2012.

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2016, 09:38 PM
And Poop ain't gonna say shit about it.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-08-2016, 09:41 PM
They wanted the series prolonged and they got it.

spurtech09
05-08-2016, 09:43 PM
They wanted the series prolonged and they got it.
give more rest for curry....

Spur|n|Austin
05-08-2016, 09:43 PM
I don't ever blame the refs, but they are not helping one bit. I don't remember such a biased series.

DMC
05-08-2016, 09:44 PM
No, we're playing a good team. Actually we're playing a great team that's been injured and is just now finding their rhythm. They flew under the radar this year but we see them now. If the Spurs are better, we'll win. If not we won't. It is what it is.

DesignatedT
05-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Wow that game was extremely physical. Needless to say, Spurs were not the most physical team. Crazy how inconsistent NBA officiating is from game to game. I didn't think the refs were necessarily bad, but they let a lot of stuff go, particularly on players crashing the offensive glass and checking the ball handler.

DMC
05-08-2016, 09:48 PM
The problem in this league is that we know the refs by name because there are so few and they get used so often. We should see officiating as one entity, not variable based on ref name, but we don't.

Being sore losers is a shitty thing, it's chickenshit and you fuckers should be ashamed.

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2016, 09:49 PM
:lol Getting the Thunder in the bonus in the first 2 minutes... Every quarter

baseline bum
05-08-2016, 09:50 PM
No, we're playing a good team. Actually we're playing a great team that's been injured and is just now finding their rhythm. They flew under the radar this year but we see them now. If the Spurs are better, we'll win. If not we won't. It is what it is.

They're not a great team, they're terrible to end games other than tonight.

Horry Hipcheck
05-08-2016, 09:50 PM
I don't ever blame the refs, but they are not helping one bit. I don't remember such a biased series.

The 2012 WCF comes to mind in a hurry.

UZER
05-08-2016, 09:51 PM
OKC came out shoving on every pick and rebound. Spurs never matched that intensity.

spurtech09
05-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Well what can you do....Refs will probably do the same in SA.....

HankChinaski
05-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Wow that game was extremely physical. Needless to say, Spurs were not the most physical team. Crazy how inconsistent NBA officiating is from game to game. I didn't think the refs were necessarily bad, but they let a lot of stuff go, particularly on players crashing the offensive glass and checking the ball handler.

Spurs were being physical officiating was a bit skewed at times by not letting both teams just go at it. If they had I think spurs would have pulled away at halftime. But this isn't why they lost.

Rebounding
3pt Shooting

Defensively spurs looked good. If we lose because Waiters is hitting 3pt shots and Durant is making absurd difficult contested shots. You live with those Ls.

HankChinaski
05-08-2016, 09:57 PM
I don't see their support cast making those deep shots the rest of the series consistently.

MultiTroll
05-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Refs def burned Spurs.
Mustache and Borat allowed to do all kinds of shoving for position for offensive rebounds. Many times an obvious foul. Spurs rung up instead.
Examples?
4th qtr 95-91 OKC when GNob got great position after Adams shoved West.
Prior to that Kanter shoving West to get position for the O rebound and putback.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Spurs have to be razor sharp to overcome the ref factor. That is just a fact.

MultiTroll
05-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Just re watched the 3rd.
ThundeRef all the way.

Spurs actually played fantastic in the 3rd.
8 on 5 most def.

The three fouls on Green to free up media darling Durant were gagging. Marv tried bringing it up but Jackson would go on some long rant about a previous play, defecting attention. Yep I think ABC the Caitlyn Station wants Curry to be completely rested and the Spurs disadvantaged.

HI-FI
05-08-2016, 11:17 PM
it's why I said Spurs in 7, I knew the officiating would be a joke. No matter the commish, it's the same old shit with the thunder and this league.

rasuo214
05-08-2016, 11:30 PM
I have no problem with the refs allowing physical play but it needs to be consistent both ways. Kawhi was getting hacked on one end without getting calls, then Durant gets a bunch of touch fouls on the other.

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2016, 09:36 AM
If you're curious, I think the likely Game 5 crew chief is James Capers. There are 7 chiefs working in this round (Foster, Mauer, McCutchen, Crawford, Callahan, Capers, Davis). 5 of those have already worked this series and aren't likely to be in a Game 5, leaving only Mike Callahan and James Capers as crew chiefs who haven't worked in this series. Callahan is working tonight in Portland, so process of elimination says Capers. It could be someone else, but to get there, the league would either have to dramatically shake up its usual methods of assigning crew chiefs to playoff series or pick a brand new crew chief for these playoffs late in Round 2; each of those things seems unlikely.

Harder to guess the crew, but it seems most likely to come from a pool of the following candidates: Pat Fraher, Ron Garretson, John Goble, Jason Phillips, and Sean Wright. If I had to guess, I'd posit that Goble is one of them, since he's worked a couple of games in these playoffs on Capers' crew (including Game 4 of Spurs/Grizzlies). Again, there are a few other options, but to get to those, the league would either have to change up its usual methods of assignment or put a very inexperienced official (like Bennie Adams with 2 career games past the first round, Kane Fitzgerald (1), Courtney Kirkland (1), Josh Tiven (2)) on a very high stakes game, which would be unusual.

UZER
05-09-2016, 09:46 AM
I have no problem with the refs allowing physical play but it needs to be consistent both ways. Kawhi was getting hacked on one end without getting calls, then Durant gets a bunch of touch fouls on the other.

Exactly. One play that stands out is Kanter dislodging Diaw hard with his shoulder twice in the same play with his shoulder in the post, then fading away and getting a touch foul called on Diaw.

EVAY
05-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Here's the thing I think we have to remember about the nba, game refs, and how the games get called. We all know that this is entertainment. The league markets entertainment for the profit of the team owners. If, for whatever reason, the league determines that the maximum entertainment dollar is going to be derived from marketing team or player X, then that team and/or that player is going to be the focus.

How does that impact a series between two small market teams? Two ways: one is that the smaller market teams' owners benefit from additional venue revenue if a series goes longer, and may be more dependent on that revenue stream than are larger market teams who get bigger broadcast revenues during the rs than smaller market teams do. The smaller market teams benefit from longer series both from venue sales and broadcast revenues in playoff series. The second way is that, when some series are blowouts in the playoffs, the broadcast vendors need something to show on the nights in between marquee matchups, while waiting for the teams like the Cavs and the Warriors to get ready for the next round.

Moral of the story? This is less about a conspiracy against one team or for another - it is simply the market logic of maximizing revenue overall for the league.

Beaverfuzz
05-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Fuck Danny Crawford.

stnick2261
05-09-2016, 01:19 PM
If you're curious, I think the likely Game 5 crew chief is James Capers. There are 7 chiefs working in this round (Foster, Mauer, McCutchen, Crawford, Callahan, Capers, Davis). 5 of those have already worked this series and aren't likely to be in a Game 5, leaving only Mike Callahan and James Capers as crew chiefs who haven't worked in this series. Callahan is working tonight in Portland, so process of elimination says Capers. It could be someone else, but to get there, the league would either have to dramatically shake up its usual methods of assigning crew chiefs to playoff series or pick a brand new crew chief for these playoffs late in Round 2; each of those things seems unlikely.

Harder to guess the crew, but it seems most likely to come from a pool of the following candidates: Pat Fraher, Ron Garretson, John Goble, Jason Phillips, and Sean Wright. If I had to guess, I'd posit that Goble is one of them, since he's worked a couple of games in these playoffs on Capers' crew (including Game 4 of Spurs/Grizzlies). Again, there are a few other options, but to get to those, the league would either have to change up its usual methods of assignment or put a very inexperienced official (like Bennie Adams with 2 career games past the first round, Kane Fitzgerald (1), Courtney Kirkland (1), Josh Tiven (2)) on a very high stakes game, which would be unusual.

Thanks FWD, I always appreciate your input. I know you know more about the refs than I do.

Like I said in the OP, Crawford favors the losing team to keep games close (no blowouts with him around) and allows games to get physical. Zarba can't keep up with the pace of a playoff game and will flat out guess (and he can't possibly be wrong). I fully believe David Stern would do everything he can to fix games. I don't see that in Silver, but I don't put it past him to strategically arrange refs with tendencies... as long as we don't get Scott Foster as crew chief. If anyone was to fix a game, Foster would be it. He has 8 pages devoted to him in the FBI investigation into the NBA ref scandal with Tim Donaghey.

Mouth is Bleeding
05-09-2016, 01:24 PM
There were so many little sneaky backstabbing bullshit calls THAT WE DONT SEE ALL YEAR AT ANY POINT CALLED AGAINST US but sure enough suddenly they are here making life a lot more tough and unfair than it should be.

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2016, 02:00 PM
For whatever it's worth, my guess is that Foster has Game 6 of this series (to ensure he doesn't work twice in the same site) and that either McCutchen or Crawford has Game 7 (same).

Obstructed_View
05-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Spurs were being physical

Now that's funny. Go back and watch the game. Leonard, Manu and Kawhi were chucked to the ground several times in the game every time they tried to move without the ball.

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2016, 02:17 PM
Like I said in the OP, Crawford favors the losing team to keep games close (no blowouts with him around) and allows games to get physical.

The cynical part of me thinks that Danny Crawford has become the modern day Dick Bavetta -- there to try to help extend a series when he can. The physicality thing has long been part of the deal with Crawford and the Spurs of the early Duncan era used to just eat that up. Now, that preference tends to cut against the Spurs, who get pushed around way too much, I think.

Zarba can't keep up with the pace of a playoff game and will flat out guess (and he can't possibly be wrong).

I just think Zarba is overrated by the league and his ascendance to a Finals official has empowered him to act as though he's infallible. To me, the fact that Zarba (and a few others) are Finals officials in the NBA says a lot about the quality of officiating in the middle of the pack.

At the top end, the officiating can be quite good. Monty McCutchen is reviled in a lot of places (including here) but he's probably the best game caller around and (from all that I read about it) is consistently considered by players and coaches alike to be the best official in the game. Callahan is almost always right; Mauer is generally pretty good; Marc Davis (despite Game 2 of this series) has become a very good official if you watch him over a period of time. Even Foster and Crawford, when they just decide to call balls and strikes, can each be very good as well.

But when you get beyond that group, there's a lot of mediocrity among the more veteran officials -- guys like Zach Zarba, Ed Malloy, John Goble, Jason Phillips, Sean Wright and Bill Kennedy. A generation ago, officials of that quality would have been done with their seasons by the middle of the second round. Now, they're fixtures in the Conference Finals and Finals. Malloy in particular epitomizes that group to me; he's strangely considered to be very good by the NBA, even though there seems to be a broad consensus among knowledgable fans that he is frustratingly bad (or at least wildly inconsistent).

I fully believe David Stern would do everything he can to fix games. I don't see that in Silver, but I don't put it past him to strategically arrange refs with tendencies... as long as we don't get Scott Foster as crew chief. If anyone was to fix a game, Foster would be it. He has 8 pages devoted to him in the FBI investigation into the NBA ref scandal with Tim Donaghey.

I don't really think the officials are instructed to obtain particular outcomes from games; I just think that a lot of them aren't particularly great and of those, many are fully willing to be swayed by a home crowd or to give deference to superstars without any particularly principled standard -- that is, they're willing to be wildly inconsistent in the belief that they should protect particular players and particularly when those players are playing at home.

james evans
05-09-2016, 03:26 PM
:lol Getting the Thunder in the bonus in the first 2 minutes... Every quarter
Every time we go up big, the thunder go in the bonus. The thunder help us out when they turn the ball over. As soon as we go up 10, they start driving the lane, hitting the floor and adams start to tangle and hit the floor. Every game wince game 1.

SouthernFried
05-09-2016, 04:19 PM
Duncan got 4 fouls in the first half of the game.

That has never happened before in his NBA career.

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Duncan got 4 fouls in the first half of the game.

That has never happened before in his NBA career.

To be fair, he's also 40 years old, his diminishing athletic ability at the pinnacle of the game is increasingly apparent, and he's playing against ridiculously athletic players. And, it's fairly clear that the benefit of the doubt that he has historically gotten on certain plays is less certain now than it used to be. Still, the fact that it's never happened doesn't mean that it was wrong to have happened (though, on the other hand, I'm also not saying all of the calls on him were correct).

DPG21920
05-09-2016, 04:30 PM
All I care about is consistency. When you call a foul for Durant, call the same contact for Kawhi. When you call Tim for challenging shots or grabbing, call it on Ibaka/Adams. I don't care if it's called tight or loose, players can adjust to that, they cannot adjust to inconsistency and favouritism.

UZER
05-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Adams is grabbing and holding on every rebound. Then when someone does it right back, they call a foul.

Also, when he sets picks, he is throwing the chicken wing a lot bumping players off their path, then when Kawhi tries to run through, they call a foul.

I hate players that are extremely physical and knock people around like bowling pins, but then fall to the ground every time you give them resistance back and they get the fouls called. It's frustrating to watch.

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2016, 04:46 PM
All I care about is consistency. When you call a foul for Durant, call the same contact for Kawhi. When you call Tim for challenging shots or grabbing, call it on Ibaka/Adams. I don't care if it's called tight or loose, players can adjust to that, they cannot adjust to inconsistency and favouritism.

No doubt.

polandprzem
05-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Danny used to be my favorite ref just about 10 years ago or so, but now I feel that there are not many great characters in refs society.
Although McCutchen seems to be really good I do not like some of his calls esp when he Ted up Henderson vs Warriors :rolleyes

Javie is gone and Joey is gone - you can say all you want but they were pretty good. Joey ego sometimes prevailed but overall find a guy that have the guts to blow :) g2 situation ...

Capers - well it is what it is

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2016, 05:22 PM
No matter what you think of the Game 4 officiating, at the end of the day the Spurs were within 5 at about the 3 minute mark (in a game where they couldn't make 3's and didn't move the ball well) and then just melted down from an execution standpoint. A lot of credit for that goes to the Thunder, but even playing poorly and (perhaps) getting a bad whistle, the Spurs had a chance to win in OKC in a game the Thunder absolutely had to have.

Play better late and its a 3-1 series.

TheGreatYacht
05-09-2016, 05:58 PM
For whatever it's worth, my guess is that Foster has Game 6 of this series (to ensure he doesn't work twice in the same site) and that either McCutchen or Crawford has Game 7 (same).
Jesus Christ.

The NBA literally watches who's the most blatant and shittiest refs of them all and then rewards them with important games. Sucks that at this point in the playoffs, all these shit refs start to call every game.

Dan Crawford, Ken Mauer, Scott Foster, Marc Davis, Ed Malloy, Tony Brothers, Bill Kennedy, Monty McCutchen. They're all "highly respected" and the worst at the same time.. Definitely fi$hy.

TheGreatYacht
05-09-2016, 06:44 PM
If this doesn't tell you who the league is favoring, I don't know what will.

spursistan
05-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Last night you truly got the feeling the league wants to extend this series as their POs have been an overall stinking snoozfest..:lol

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2016, 08:34 PM
If this doesn't tell you who the league is favoring, I don't know what will.

Except Foster has already called 2 games in this round and home teams have won both.

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2016, 08:37 AM
McCutchen in Game 5 -- stunning. I have studied the assignments of officials in playoff games as far back as 1986 and I can't think of a single time (outside of the end of a Finals series) where an official got 2 games in a series in such quick succession.

I got Goble and had Phillips on my short list.

polandprzem
05-10-2016, 08:43 AM
McCutchen in Game 5 -- stunning. I have studied the assignments of officials in playoff games as far back as 1986 and I can't think of a single time (outside of the end of a Finals series) where an official got 2 games in a series in such quick succession.

I got Goble and had Phillips on my short list.

I'm gonna look what McCutchen gonna do now :)

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2016, 09:46 AM
Since McCutchen has Game 5, I don't think he has Game 7.

I'll stick with Foster for Game 6 and Crawford for Game 7, but I'd also guess that Mike Callahan is in the mix for Game 6, which might push Foster out of the rest of the series.

MultiTroll
05-10-2016, 10:00 AM
and what is the McCutchen / Spurs playoff history?

VBM
05-10-2016, 10:02 AM
Since McCutchen has Game 5, I don't think he has Game 7.

I'll stick with Foster for Game 6 and Crawford for Game 7, but I'd also guess that Mike Callahan is in the mix for Game 6, which might push Foster out of the rest of the series.

If the Spurs lose tonight, it won't matter who refs Games 6/7. Spurs seem to shut down if they lose a Game 5 at home after being tied 2-2. Can't remember the last time they won a Game 6 on the road under those circumstances.http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/francis.png

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2016, 10:24 AM
and what is the McCutchen / Spurs playoff history?

McCutchen: 16-11 overall, 9-3 at home, 1-2 at home in conference semis, 3-0 v. OKC
Goble: 3-3 overall, 1-0 at home, 1-0 v. OKC
Phillips: 4-7 overall, 2-3 at home, 1-2 at home in conference semis, 0-1 v. OKC

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2016, 10:30 AM
. Spurs seem to shut down if they lose a Game 5 at home after being tied 2-2. Can't remember the last time they won a Game 6 on the road under those circumstances.

Pretty narrow set of circumstances there.

Off the top of my head, the times the Spurs have been tied 2-2 going into a home Game 5 and the results of Games 5 and 6 in those scenarios:

2014 WCF v. OKC (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
2014 WCFR v. DAL (won Game 5 at home, lost Game 6)
2013 WCSF v. GST (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
2013 NBAF v. MIA (won Game 5 at home, lost Game 6)
2012 WCF v. OKC (lost Game 5 at home, lost Game 6)
2006 WCFR v. SAC (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
2005 WCSF v. SEA (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
2004 WCSF v. LAL (lost Game 5 at home, lost Game 6)
2003 WCSF v. LAL (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
2003 WCFR v. PNX (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
1995 WCF v. HOU (lost Game 5 at home, lost Game 6)

MultiTroll
05-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by MultiTroll (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8576440#post8576440) and what is the McCutchen / Spurs playoff history?

16-11 overall, 9-3 at home, 1-2 at home in conference semis, 3-0 v. OKC.
gracias, Senor.
Those are very good numbers.
Plus McCutchen seemed okay in Game 3s win.

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Not worried about McCutchen, Jason Phillips is the one y'all should keep an eye on... He's pretty bad imo

But as shit as the refs have been for us this series, the McCutchen crew was the one to show us more love than OKC

lmbebo
05-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Officiating was bad in game 4, but spurs lost the 4th Quarter. I think part of it was the foul trouble on Green and Duncan.

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Not worried about McCutchen, Jason Phillips is the one y'all should keep an eye on... He's pretty bad imo

Phillips is a guesser. I still have a vivid recollection of a play in Game 2 of the 2014 Finals where Wade flopped badly on Manu around half-court and it was obvious to anyone who had an eye on the play that it was a flop, but Phillips (who had run past the play) caught only the end of it and without actually seeing what happened, called the foul on Manu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfG5ngdLx4E

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Phillips is a guesser. I still have a vivid recollection of a play in Game 2 of the 2014 Finals where Wade flopped badly on Manu around half-court and it was obvious to anyone who had an eye on the play that it was a flop, but Phillips (who had run past the play) caught only the end of it and without actually seeing what happened, called the foul on Manu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfG5ngdLx4E
That's so bad :lmao

ill have to check how he's doing so far in the playoffs, but not that bad of a crew as expected

NameLess Scrub
05-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Adams is grabbing and holding on every rebound. Then when someone does it right back, they call a foul.

Also, when he sets picks, he is throwing the chicken wing a lot bumping players off their path, then when Kawhi tries to run through, they call a foul.

I hate players that are extremely physical and knock people around like bowling pins, but then fall to the ground every time you give them resistance back and they get the fouls called. It's frustrating to watch.

Again, the worst kind.

That's how the Warriors play.
Draymond drew a foul literally for holding Ariza's arm in round 1.
When Ariza tried to get away, foul.

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2016, 01:48 PM
That's so bad :lmao

Really bad from a Finals official.

ill have to check how he's doing so far in the playoffs, but not that bad of a crew as expected

First game in the West for Phillips this playoff season.

He's called 6 Eastern Conference games:

IND at TOR (ECFR, Game 2)* - home win
CLE at DET (ECFR, Game 3)* - road win
ATL at BOS (ECFR, Game 4)* - home win
CHA at MIA (ECFR, Game 5) - road win
MIA at TOR (ECSF, Game 1)* - road win
CLE at ATL (ECSF, Game 4) - road win

* = game called with McCutchen as crew chief.

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Thanks man :tu

VBM
05-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Pretty narrow set of circumstances there.

Off the top of my head, the times the Spurs have been tied 2-2 going into a home Game 5 and the results of Games 5 and 6 in those scenarios:

2014 WCF v. OKC (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
2014 WCFR v. DAL (won Game 5 at home, lost Game 6)
2013 WCSF v. GST (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
2013 NBAF v. MIA (won Game 5 at home, lost Game 6)
2012 WCF v. OKC (lost Game 5 at home, lost Game 6)
2006 WCFR v. SAC (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
2005 WCSF v. SEA (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
2004 WCSF v. LAL (lost Game 5 at home, lost Game 6)
2003 WCSF v. LAL (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
2003 WCFR v. PNX (won Game 5 at home, won Game 6)
1995 WCF v. HOU (lost Game 5 at home, lost Game 6)

We're fucked