PDA

View Full Version : Coach Bud...

spursistan
05-08-2016, 05:23 PM
Just got swept by another rookie coach leading the same team for the 2nd consecutive post-season...

It is not all about the match-up or talent level, going 0-12 (incl Reg season) vs that team is pretty embarrassing..IMO..

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Just got swept by another rookie coach leading the same team for the 2nd consecutive post-season...

It is not all about the match-up or talent level, going 0-12 (incl Reg season) vs that team is pretty embarrassing..IMO..

Lebron isn't a rookie coach, bro:lol

SpurPadre
05-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Lue...are you referring to Lebron's hand puppet?

TD 21
05-08-2016, 05:37 PM
It is, but this has become the Eastern Conference version of Spurs-Grizzlies. It's the worse possible match-up for the Hawks . . .

- The only semi competent James defender they have is Sefolosha, but the more he plays, the more it limits an already limited offensive team.

- The rotation Lue has settled on, features six above average three-point shooters and eight total ones and the one who's not, is an elite offensive rebounder, so an already terrible defensive rebounding team is constantly spread out, chasing the ball and not in position to rebound

This match-up magnifies the Hawks weaknesses and makes them seem worse than they are, but they are a more aesthetically pleasing Grizzlies/Pacers. Good, but not nearly good enough, aging, lacking upside and stuck.

Robz4000
05-08-2016, 05:47 PM
They waited a year too long to move players that had trade value. Now their means of improvement are nearly nonexistent.

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2016, 05:47 PM
I praised the Hawks at the trade deadline because it appeared like they were going to blow the team up(according to reports), rather than accepting being a perennial pretender..they didn't, which has led to predictable results, but they really need to part ways with players like Teague and Horford, they're way too unreliable and soft..

Millsap is a great #2 player/#3 scorer, Bazemore is decent and they might have something in Shroeder..

Chinook
05-08-2016, 05:57 PM
I don't think Bud's that good.

spursistan
05-08-2016, 05:59 PM
I think he's been shaky overall in the playoffs..let's not forget a shitty Nets team took ATL to 6 games last season and one would argue Boston would have won the series if not for the Bradley and olynyk injuries while also playing a banged up Crowder..

Solid D
05-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Losing DeMarre Carroll to free agency hurt the Hawks more than people realize. They took a step back.

Stabula
05-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Boston is the better team
I think he's been shaky overall in the playoffs..let's not forget a shitty Nets team took ATL to 6 games last season and one would argue Boston would have won the series if not for the Bradley and olynyk injuries while also playing a banged up Crowder..

Mr. Body
05-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Cleveland hit an insane number of threes in the series.

soxxx
05-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Hawks just don't matchup well, they aren't that good of a team, just benefit from playing in the weak East. It's sad how bad the east is, I would favor almost all the western playoff teams over any of the eastern teams excluding the cavaliers.

TheDoctor
05-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Losing DeMarre Carroll to free agency hurt the Hawks more than people realize. They took a step back.

That's why Bud will make us a solid once again and take Danny's contract to make room for KD :lol

BillMc
05-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Coach Bud, took Splitter, which gave us Aldridge. He served his purpose.

Seriously, I fee sorry for him. I want Bud to succeed, but as others have said, they've taken a major step back. Bud is a good coach (I think) but a lousy executive. They should get Ferry back.

baseline bum
05-08-2016, 06:31 PM
That's why Bud will make us a solid once again and take Danny's contract to make room for KD :lol

You misspelled Tony

K...
05-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Now if you gave bud the Cavs, maybe they'd be unstoppable. I just don't see the talent in Atlanta. It's like Toronto, you know they're a regular season team. They just don't have the toughness. Imagine the spurs without Leonard and Duncan and you have the hawks.

DrunkTXLabrat
05-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Shoulda traded Horford and Teague. Stumping the growth of Schroder, Tavares, and Hardaway Jr like a true Pop disciple.

DrunkTXLabrat
05-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Coulda easily gotten Joe Johnson and Rondae Hollis Jefferson.

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Budenholzer slander ain't allowed. He took Shitter for free :worthy:

cd98
05-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Bud is a great coach. That Hawks team mostly looks like a lottery team on paper. That Cavs team is loaded. All but one game was close.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Really glad he didn't inherit the Spurs from Pop.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2016, 08:44 PM
I don't think Bud's that good.

I agree and I don't think the Hawks are that good either personally. Spurs East my ass, they are an average team who had an inflated record last year and overachieved to be honest.
Bud is a great coach. That Hawks team mostly looks like a lottery team on paper. That Cavs team is loaded. All but one game was close.

I can agree on the Hawks team overall. I think they are very average.

DMC
05-08-2016, 09:21 PM
Hawks have shit for talent. If they give a shit they should spend money on real talent (no one wants to live in Atlanta, especially wealthy black athletes). They historically haven't fielded good teams but seem content with it. If they can Bud like they should be in the Finals, that's going to be hilarious watching them get their next Mike Woodson.

apalisoc_9
05-08-2016, 09:52 PM
No idea why they didnt try to get anything from Horford. Now they got swept again and he will walk with nothing.

lefty
05-08-2016, 10:05 PM
That Hawks Defense :lmao

DMC
05-08-2016, 10:26 PM
Really glad he didn't inherit the Spurs from Pop.
Why? What great decisions has Pop made that Bud couldn't have made with the same roster?

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2016, 10:31 PM
perimeter league, yet u let ur best perimeter defender go? lmao hawks

Caltex2
05-09-2016, 04:41 AM
Hawks have shit for talent. If they give a shit they should spend money on real talent (no one wants to live in Atlanta, especially wealthy black athletes). They historically haven't fielded good teams but seem content with it. If they can Bud like they should be in the Finals, that's going to be hilarious watching them get their next Mike Woodson.

Seriously? :lmao

Atlanta is a black athlete's paradise. Now maybe they don't like the idea of playing for the Hawks who since moving there are the worst NBA franchise that's been around for 25+ years (the Hornets, Kings, Clippers, Nets [yes, them too] and T'Wolves are on about the same level) but Atlanta is about the best place an African-American athlete can play, as it has all the big city amenities of a very large place and is predominantly black, certainly when it comes to groupies--I mean, women.

Kool Bob Love
05-09-2016, 06:11 AM

Atlanta is a black athlete's paradise. Now maybe they don't like the idea of playing for the Hawks who since moving there are the worst NBA franchise that's been around for 25+ years (the Hornets, Kings, Clippers, Nets [yes, them too] and T'Wolves are on about the same level) but Atlanta is about the best place an African-American athlete can play, as it has all the big city amenities of a very large place and is predominantly black, certainly when it comes to groupies--I mean, women.
DMC is a 65 year old geezer. Pay him no mind.

DMC
05-09-2016, 07:50 AM

There's a reason California teams do well, why Lebron went to South Beach instead of Atlanta, why Carmelo went to NY instead of Atlanta, why LMA ended up in SA instead of Atlanta, why CP3 is in LA and not Atlanta, why Kevin Durant will absolutely not go to Atlanta. No one here even thinks for a minute any big name will ever end up in Atlanta. So stop already.

Caltex2
05-09-2016, 08:27 AM
I think you'll see posts to the contrary...

If I was a black athlete, there's not a better place to play, imo. Actually, there may not be a worse place to play because of all of that and the issues it could bring off the field of play.

As I said, maybe playing for the Hawks as a franchise would stop someone from wanting to play there but Atlanta itself is the Mecca of black American culture and no place except maybe New York, LA and Chicago (because of sheer numbers) has more black and Latina groupies.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Why? What great decisions has Pop made that Bud couldn't have made with the same roster?

I didn't say Pop was great, I'm saying Bud is terrible.

spurraider21
05-09-2016, 03:49 PM
most spoiled fanbase in the league

DMC
05-09-2016, 06:17 PM

So what decision could Bud not make that Pop could? You played the pedantic card and dodged the question. Bud is a good coach. The Hawks are a middle of the pack team that perform above average during the regular season and hit a brick wall in the playoffs because face of the franchise players team up with Lebron in the East and have since 2011.

DMC
05-09-2016, 06:21 PM
I think you'll see posts to the contrary...

If I was a black athlete, there's not a better place to play, imo. Actually, there may not be a worse place to play because of all of that and the issues it could bring off the field of play.

Make up your mind.

As I said, maybe playing for the Hawks as a franchise would stop someone from wanting to play there but Atlanta itself is the Mecca of black American culture and no place except maybe New York, LA and Chicago (because of sheer numbers) has more black and Latina groupies.

Never saw a single comment here from the "black" crowd about wanting to be in Atlanta for any reason. The fact that anyone would go play for the fucking Clippers under Donald Sterling before going to Atlanta to play under Danny Ferry is testament enough that black athletes, elite ones, don't want to be seen with other "made it" blacks in Atlanta. They want to be in white America, live in predominately white neighborhoods and send their kids to predominately white colleges.

Budkin
05-09-2016, 06:33 PM
There's a reason California teams do well, why Lebron went to South Beach instead of Atlanta, why Carmelo went to NY instead of Atlanta, why LMA ended up in SA instead of Atlanta, why CP3 is in LA and not Atlanta, why Kevin Durant will absolutely not go to Atlanta. No one here even thinks for a minute any big name will ever end up in Atlanta. So stop already.

Not sure why Atlanta still has the Hawks tbh. They've been about the most average team for as long as I can remember.

Caltex2
05-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Make up your mind.

Never saw a single comment here from the "black" crowd about wanting to be in Atlanta for any reason. The fact that anyone would go play for the fucking Clippers under Donald Sterling before going to Atlanta to play under Danny Ferry is testament enough that black athletes, elite ones, don't want to be seen with other "made it" blacks in Atlanta. They want to be in white America, live in predominately white neighborhoods and send their kids to predominately white colleges.

You should get what I'm saying when it comes to "worst place", e.g. Atlanta is so fun that it can lead to lots of trouble for a young black athlete. And besides, you don't remember this?

DMC is a 65 year old geezer. Pay him no mind.

And last time I checked, both LA and Atlanta are full of black suburbs, white suburbs, hoods and Skid Row (not 100% sure on Atlanta). Your lecture doesn't hold water, espcially considering Portland, Phoenix and Salt Lake City (as lilly white as they come) aren't huge magnets for black athletes, which isn't to say they don't play there.

As I said, playing for the Hawks may scare free agents away but not Atlanta itself.

DMC
05-09-2016, 11:54 PM
You should get what I'm saying when it comes to "worst place", e.g. Atlanta is so fun that it can lead to lots of trouble for a young black athlete. And besides, you don't remember this?

The NBA isn't rife with responsible young black athletes. I'm pretty sure it's not fiscal or social responsibility keeping them away from Atlanta.

And last time I checked, both LA and Atlanta are full of black suburbs, white suburbs, hoods and Skid Row (not 100% sure on Atlanta). Your lecture doesn't hold water, espcially considering Portland, Phoenix and Salt Lake City (as lilly white as they come) aren't huge magnets for black athletes, which isn't to say they don't play there.

As I said, playing for the Hawks may scare free agents away but not Atlanta itself.
Who exactly are you talking to here?

Portland even this season would be in the ECF if they were in the East. Comparing Atlanta to Portland is some Moore/Coulter level bifurcation. Same with Phx and Utah. You're comparing deserts and cold ass rainy places with sunny West coast beaches, Miami beaches, NY night life, Chicago whatever... and even Dallas pulls more talent than Atlanta.

You've got a hard row to hoe trying to convince anyone that black athletes crave Atlanta based on how their football and basketball teams have done unless you're saying elite black athletes aren't very good at sports.

DMC
05-09-2016, 11:55 PM
Not sure why Atlanta still has the Hawks tbh. They've been about the most average team for as long as I can remember.
Which is a statistical anomaly considering the magnet that city is for elite black athletes.

mudyez
05-10-2016, 02:06 AM
Lebron isn't a rookie coach, bro:lol

:downspin:

Caltex2
05-10-2016, 02:25 AM
The NBA isn't rife with responsible young black athletes. I'm pretty sure it's not fiscal or social responsibility keeping them away from Atlanta.

Who exactly are you talking to here?

Portland even this season would be in the ECF if they were in the East. Comparing Atlanta to Portland is some Moore/Coulter level bifurcation. Same with Phx and Utah. You're comparing deserts and cold ass rainy places with sunny West coast beaches, Miami beaches, NY night life, Chicago whatever... and even Dallas pulls more talent than Atlanta.

You've got a hard row to hoe trying to convince anyone that black athletes crave Atlanta based on how their football and basketball teams have done unless you're saying elite black athletes aren't very good at sports.

I'm saying that regardless of what good teams they put on the court or their topography, young black athletes aren't clamoring to play in Portland, SLC and PHX. Plus, if you know anything about many young black people, you know why they love nothing more than to play in Atlanta. If the Lakers, Spurs or [insert the best player at any moment] were based there, it'd be an NBA destination city.

DMC
05-10-2016, 07:42 AM
I'm saying that regardless of what good teams they put on the court or their topography, young black athletes aren't clamoring to play in Portland, SLC and PHX. Plus, if you know anything about many young black people, you know why they love nothing more than to play in Atlanta. If the Lakers, Spurs or [insert the best player at any moment] were based there, it'd be an NBA destination city.
What you're saying makes absolutely zero sense. Where are all these young black athletes clamoring to play in Atlanta?

If what you were saying was true, Atlanta would have it's pick of the litter.

Caltex2
05-10-2016, 09:29 AM
What I'm telling you is that the idea of playing for the Hawks scares them away, not the Atlanta part. Aldridge wasn't clamoring to play in San Antonio as much as he was clamoring to play for a title contender. NFL players don't dream of playing in Green Bay and Foxborough because they like the towns or areas as much as they like the idea of playing for a great organization and title contender, otherwise they'd never get free agents over more Southernly places.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2016, 10:14 AM
You played the pedantic card and dodged the question.

I actually wrote out a big explanation, but if you claim to like what you see from Bud as a coach and a player evaluator, and aren't relieved that he's not going to take over the Spurs after Pop leaves, then you either aren't watching or your opinion doesn't matter to me.

DMC
05-10-2016, 03:55 PM
I actually wrote out a big explanation, but if you claim to like what you see from Bud as a coach and a player evaluator, and aren't relieved that he's not going to take over the Spurs after Pop leaves, then you either aren't watching or your opinion doesn't matter to me.
You word fuck every response it seems. I never said I like what I see from Bud. I haven't said I like what I see from Pop either. You need to write your own narrative just to have a strawman to pursue. Have at it, sugar britches.