PDA

View Full Version : Meh, Spurs got what they came for

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Time to take care of things at home.

RD2191
05-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Ugh no, fuck no. Spurs should of swept OKC. Fucking faggoty by everyone not named Parker tonight.

Uriel
05-08-2016, 09:29 PM
:tu

Spurs in 6.

still.focused
05-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Time to take care of things at home.
You do know we lost Game 2 at home right?
That whole "Get a split on the road" shtick, aside from being asinine, only works when you actually win your home games

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Ugh no, fuck no. Spurs should of swept OKC. Fucking faggoty by everyone not named Parker tonight.

Fortunately, wasn't able to see the game except for the final minutes due to elections here. :lol

But whatever IMHO, that's what happens when a very talented top 3 player goes supernova on you. Gotta take care of homecourt. Not even mad. We fucked up game 2.

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Not really..they were controlling the game at several points and just melted down..

This series has been worrisome, as OKC isn't a great team, they're poor defensively and erratic on offense..it's evident that the Warriors are on an entirely different level than these teams, although I think everybody already knew that..

Silver&Black
05-08-2016, 09:32 PM

What's the deal with you Rob? For the past month...you've been a "Spurs 1st/2nd round exit" posting machine. Now we "should of swept OKC".

What's your official position on it? Account get hacked again?

mexicanjunior
Thunder have the Spurs figured out. Kanter and Adams together equals 10 tries a possession. They win easily in 6, it's 2012 all over again.

Darius Bieber
Yeah it's over. OKC will rape the Spurs on Tuesday. It's over.

703 Spurz
That whole "Get a split on the road" shtick, aside from being asinine, only works when you actually win your home games

Um. Spurs are 43-2 at home this year. That's pretty OK.

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 09:33 PM

Uh, obviously? Thus the thread title :lol

thispego
05-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Not really..they were controlling the game at several points and just melted down..

This series has been worrisome, as OKC isn't a great team, they're poor defensively and erratic on offense..it's evident that the Warriors are on an entirely different level than these teams, although I think everybody already knew that..
Open your eyes, thunder have taken it up a level in the post season. Spurs have played like its the regular season

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 09:34 PM

I was speaking more in a general sense. Spurs are a way better team at home. In my defense, I havent watched the whole game but I knew we were leading for the majority of the time. :lol Now I have to decide to watch a loss of a replay or just chill the fuck out

AFMadison
Lol

mexicanjunior

Only 1 and 1 this series though...

RD2191
05-08-2016, 09:35 PM
What's the deal with you Rob? For the past month...you've been a "Spurs 1st/2nd round exit" posting machine. Now we "should of swept OKC".

Just covering all my bases.

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 09:35 PM

:lol my nigga tbh

Mnky
05-08-2016, 09:36 PM
This is why superstars are nice to have.. even horrible ball movement can be overcome by true superstars taking over, as long as you have decent role players. Not even Kawhi can make a difference if Durant's feeling it.

Got to make shots to win. Story gets old With the spurs. They definitely need help on offense still. Outside of diaw, who made an impact besides Parker, Kawhi, and lma?

Thunder had foye, kanter, Adams, and ibaka all step up and make shots off their superstars creating. Got to have it.

To anyone worried, It's a 3 game series with two home games. Spurs should be alright.

HarlemHeat37
Open your eyes, thunder have taken it up a level in the post season. Spurs have played like its the regular season

Thunder lost and had struggles vs. a horrible Mavs team:lol

They haven't played any better than they did in the RS..I agree that the Spurs haven't elevated their play, though..

Silver&Black

:tu I'll allow it

Darius Bieber
The two Spurs victories were flukes. OKC won with energy and grit. It's over. OKC in 6.

mexicanjunior
05-08-2016, 09:37 PM
This is why superstars are nice to have.. even horrible ball movement can be overcome by true superstars taking over, as long as you have decent role players. Not even Kawhi can make a difference if Durant's feeling it.

Got to make shots to win. Story gets old With the spurs. They definitely need help on offense still. Outside of diaw, who made an impact besides Parker, Kawhi, and lma?

Thunder had foye, kanter, Adams, and ibaka all step up and make shots off their superstars creating. Got to have it.

To anyone worried, It's a 3 game series with two home games. Spurs should be alright.

That's what we said in 2012...

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 09:39 PM
The two Spurs victories were flukes. OKC won with energy and grit. It's over. OKC in 6.

Idk man, I got you on my ignore list but I still see your post. Wtf?

spurtech09
05-08-2016, 09:40 PM
The two Spurs victories were flukes. OKC won with energy and grit. It's over. OKC in 6.and with the help of the refs....Spurs in 6.....Boom

Vokun
05-08-2016, 09:41 PM
I just don't see how either of these teams stand a chance against the Dubs tbh. I guess for pride's sake we could feel good about winning this series, but will it be worth it to be completely embarrased once the Dubs go on hall of fame mode?

DarrinS
Op with the intelligent post

Neurosis

Get off this forum already you cliffjumping fairweather fan faggot.

Spurs in 6! :flag::flag:

Honestly Spurs are playing some really bad stretches of basketball in these games. Not sure what it is or how to fix it specifically, but it's like every game they play the Spurs play about 30-35 minutes of great basketball, then shit the bed for the remaining minutes. Maybe this game will drive the message home that we can't play to 75% of our potential and expect to win in the playoffs. Also I was wrong about this series, it's not 2014 vs. the Heat, it's the first-round 7-game series vs. Dallas. This is our chance to get our asses into gear and start executing like the elite contender we're capable of being.

Mnky
That's what we said in 2012...

Should is the key word. I like what I've seen from Kawhi and Parker. Starting to play more consistent. Role players will be better at home as well.

Blackjack
Spurs got complacent, lost some urgency and focus. Played like they were playing little brother tonight and it bit them in the ass.

I expect a different team in Game 5, and a solid close-out win in Game 6.

HarlemHeat37
I just don't see how either of these teams stand a chance against the Dubs tbh. I guess for pride's sake we could feel good about winning this series, but will it be worth it to be completely embarrased once the Dubs go on hall of fame mode?

Yes..losing to this OKC team with HCA would be embarrassing as fuck..

still.focused
05-08-2016, 09:42 PM

One of those losses is to the very team they are trying to beat you damn dummy

Horry Hipcheck
05-08-2016, 09:43 PM

For the last month or so :lol The 2015 flameout did this to him

timtonymanu
05-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Pretty disappointed. This OKC team has become overrated on here because the Spurs are still inconsistent as fuck. Spurs have two more chances and I think they can still do it. But my confidence in the team is lower in a potential series against Dubs. Duncan/Patty being unplayable while Danny is hit or miss really lowers the ceiling of this team.

TDomination
Spurs did exactly what they needed to do, get home court back. You know this team ain't losing at home again. You can count on them coming back and playing well enough to win game 5.

still.focused
Uh, obviously? Thus the thread title :lol

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Pretty disappointed. This OKC team has become overrated on here because the Spurs are still inconsistent as fuck. Spurs have two more chances and I think they can still do it. But my confidence in the team is lower in a potential series against Dubs. Duncan/Patty being unplayable while Danny is hit or miss really lowers the ceiling of this team.

Idk man, danny has played pretty well this playoffs. 7/8 games he's been good. 3/4 in this series.

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 09:46 PM

Ok? Whatever you say :lol

RD2191
05-08-2016, 09:48 PM
:lol my nigga tbh

:lol

mexicanjunior
05-08-2016, 09:48 PM
Spurs did exactly what they needed to do, get home court back. You know this team ain't losing at home again. You can count on them coming back and playing well enough to win game 5.

I can see them losing again at home pretty easily, especially if they can't figure out how to box out Adams and Kanter.

timtonymanu
05-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Idk man, danny has played pretty well this playoffs. 7/8 games he's been good. 3/4 in this series.

The Spurs offense is so predictable that even OKC has made adjustments. A more disciplined team like the Warriors can make sure Danny doesn't get hot.

DMC
05-08-2016, 09:51 PM
lol so a team with 4 new players, their best big and backup big new, a sucky PG (according to you) and basically no Tim Duncan should have swept the OKC Thunder with two of the top ten players in the game, and a core that's been together, and in their prime, for years?

Where's the logic behind that proclamation?

ElNono
05-08-2016, 09:53 PM
We lost 2 games at home the entire fucking season... we can take care of business there, and we should... if we don't, we probably don't deserve to move on...

baseline bum
05-08-2016, 09:53 PM

Hopefully Curry is no better than 70% otherwise no one's touching GSW.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-08-2016, 09:54 PM
And to think SO many Spurs fans had Spurs in 5.

No way.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2016, 09:54 PM

They don't stand a shot if Curry is remotely healthy and at home to boot, neither team is passing them but it would BE NICE to pass this Thunder team and break it up.

No way.
That was wishful thinking to think this series would be done that quickly. Reality says 6 or 7.

DMC
05-08-2016, 09:55 PM
I can see them losing again at home pretty easily, especially if they can't figure out how to box out Adams and Kanter.
Spurs rely on hot shooting. They need Mills and Green to get going from 3. If that happens early the Thunder will be playing 15pt catchup the rest of the game. The TP/KL/LMA connection doesn't work very well when guys aren't taking the open look. All those passes are to get that open look, but they up fake, put the ball on the floor, get trapped, pass out of to a wide open shooter who hesitates, up fakes, drives in and looks lost again.

Pop's simple message should be "if you're open shoot the goddamn ball and we'll live with the results, I do not want to see anyone refuse to take an open look in their zone. Don't expect to get great looks, get good looks, shoot it, get back in transition."

Darius Bieber

No way.

Exactly. This Spurs team is nothing special. Had OKC not choked with the turnovers and just slowed down in Game 3, the Spurs would be on the brink of elimination.

Horry Hipcheck

No way.

This could easily be a 3-1 series in favor of the Spurs. Despite the fourth quarter collapse tonight, the Spurs have looked like the better team - with just some frustrating lapses in efficiency - all series.

Budkin
05-08-2016, 09:56 PM

Yep, if Steph comes back 100% the Warriors are going in raw against either team. You can't make those kind of mistakes.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Maybe this will be the loss that gets SA fully motivated, but I still wonder if Pop and Duncan are emotionally exhausted from 2014, they exerted so much energy that year and I'm just wondering if they can find that again. And not to mention the wheels have fallen off for Duncan. Duncan is my favorite player ever, but I think they'll be better next year if he retires, hopefully they can find a solid big to replace him.

Budkin
We lost 2 games at home the entire fucking season... we can take care of business there, and we should... if we don't, we probably don't deserve to move on...

EXACTLY.

Trifecta
The Spurs will find their offense back home and take game 5!

Horse
How about the refs don't fuck us then it's a 15-20 pt lead to start the 4th. Td has to play to help rebound and protect the rim he can still do that.

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 09:58 PM
The Spurs offense is so predictable that even OKC has made adjustments. A more disciplined team like the Warriors can make sure Danny doesn't get hot.

Meh I mean thats the way we are formed. Pretty top-heavy. Unlike 2014.

LongtimeSpursFan

Darius Bieber
Maybe this will be the loss that gets SA fully motivated, but I still wonder if Pop and Duncan are emotionally exhausted from 2014, they exerted so much energy that year and I'm just wondering if they can find that again. And not to mention the wheels have fallen off for Duncan. Duncan is my favorite player ever, but I think they'll be better next year if he retires, hopefully they can find a solid big to replace him.

If the Spurs aren't motivated after that Game 2 demolition by OKC, then this is a pathetic team.

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 09:59 PM

No way.

To think about it, Spurs had the chance :lol

Spursmania
05-08-2016, 10:00 PM

mexicanjunior
05-08-2016, 10:00 PM

If the game 2 loss didn't motivate them...nothing will.

littlecoyotecoin
05-08-2016, 10:02 PM
Get off this forum already you cliffjumping fairweather fan faggot.

Spurs in 6! :flag::flag:

Honestly Spurs are playing some really bad stretches of basketball in these games. Not sure what it is or how to fix it specifically, but it's like every game they play the Spurs play about 30-35 minutes of great basketball, then shit the bed for the remaining minutes. Maybe this game will drive the message home that we can't play to 75% of our potential and expect to win in the playoffs. Also I was wrong about this series, it's not 2014 vs. the Heat, it's the first-round 7-game series vs. Dallas. This is our chance to get our asses into gear and start executing like the elite contender we're capable of being.

They got spotted 10-15 calls, Durant can't miss, and our "bigs" are getting murdered. A lot like the first game of the season, except it was officiated more fairly.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-08-2016, 10:02 PM
This could easily be a 3-1 series in favor of the Spurs. Despite the fourth quarter collapse tonight, the Spurs have looked like the better team - with just some frustrating lapses in efficiency - all series.

I agree, but outside of Game 1 the other victory by the Spurs was a come from behind victory which is great but it's now like we've been blowing OKC out of the water since Game 1. We tend to do well in the first half and falter in the second.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-08-2016, 10:03 PM
To think about it, Spurs had the chance :lol

This is true in fairness.

ECOV
05-08-2016, 10:04 PM
Yeah it's over. OKC will rape the Spurs on Tuesday. It's over.lol calm down

Keepin' it real
05-08-2016, 10:06 PM
I'm fine with a 2-2 series and HCA.

Hope Kawhi's knee and TP's calf ok.

littlecoyotecoin
05-08-2016, 10:06 PM

People keep saying this, so it should probably keep being repeated, that of those losses, it was to this very team. HCA means less against them than it does to Milwaukee in February.

mexicanjunior
05-08-2016, 10:09 PM
People keep saying this, so it should probably keep being repeated, that of those losses, it was to this very team. HCA means less against them than it does to Milwaukee in February.

This...Thunder just proved that HCA means nothing against them this series. They have the Spurs figured out and should probably be favored for as long as the Spurs are still alive this series.

ElNono

People keep bringing shitty teams, but we beat every team in the league, including the Dubs, at home. So yeah, it's no a fluke or due to weak opponents.

100%duncan

What knee? Havent watched, sorry.

Keepin' it real
05-08-2016, 10:11 PM

Mathematically it means more because one OKC win in SA was unlikely, two are downright improbable.

littlecoyotecoin
05-08-2016, 10:12 PM
People keep bringing shitty teams, but we beat every team in the league, including the Dubs, at home. So yeah, it's no a fluke or due to weak opponents.

Bogutless Dubs? Yeah. We beat them. None of those game did the teams break out the full arsenal.

ElNono
05-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Bogutless Dubs? Yeah. We beat them. None of those game did the teams break out the full arsenal.

So Bogut is the Dubs star now? :lol

Not saying we're better than the Dubs, but we definitely have beat every other team at home all season long. 40 games is not a fluke.

oh crap
loser mentality

Kawhitstorm

When the Spurs beat OKC, KD will have an excuse to leaving the Thunder. When the Duds lose to the Cavs in the Finals, KD won't have to feel guilty about signing w/ a championship team since the Cavs are going to win it all.

100%duncan
05-08-2016, 10:15 PM
loser mentality

Good thing we didnt get swept imho

Spursmania
05-08-2016, 10:18 PM

And Aldridge's right hip is ok-he didn't look as comfortable tonight. Aldridge looked like he was in pain and limping a bit in Game 3. when he went down. Hopefully, with HCA coming, all the Spurs show up but most importantly the new big 3.

Ditty
05-08-2016, 10:19 PM
I agree the Spurs got HCA will adjust just in case KD goes off again, which I don't see happening. Spurs were outplaying OKC for three quarters and know what it takes to win in either arena. They will be fine tbh :lol

littlecoyotecoin
05-08-2016, 10:19 PM
And, don't get me wrong. I still think The Spurs are favored in a best of 3 with HCA, but I won't be surprised to see OKC get a 14-0 free-throw advantage again in the first quarter like in game two to keep them "in it". Then all it takes is a little bad luck, godmode Westbrook or Durant, or a cold-Aldridge...and hello upset.

HCA is no panacea.

Keepin' it real
05-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Hyperextension in the second half. I think he missed all his shots after that.

Spursmania
05-08-2016, 10:23 PM
When the Spurs beat OKC, KD will have an excuse to leaving the Thunder. When the Duds lose to the Cavs in the Finals, KD won't have to feel guilty about signing w/ a championship team since the Cavs are going to win it all.

TBH, all the Durant free agency talk is all crap. If anyone knows Durant and his story, they should know he's about as loyal as they come. He's not going anywhere but OKC. I guess it will give us something to talk about though.

YGWHI
05-08-2016, 10:23 PM

Kanter hit Kawhi's knee when he was falling to the floor in the 4th quarter, since then he looked like shit.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2016, 10:24 PM

Use some of your personal energy and grit to open up a bottle of Drain-O and consume it. That is all.

ElNono
And, don't get me wrong. I still think The Spurs are favored in a best of 3 with HCA, but I won't be surprised to see OKC get a 14-0 free-throw advantage again in the first quarter like in game two to keep them "in it". Then all it takes is a little bad luck, godmode Westbrook or Durant, or a cold-Aldridge...and hello upset.

HCA is no panacea.

I know what you mean, if KD plays like this 2 more games, all bets are off... but the reality is that generally we get better production at home from our guys and the whistle is normally more friendly...

Not a guarantee, but I much rather have HCA than not, and the Spurs have shown to be pretty stellar at home this season. No reason to doubt they'll continue to be.

TD 21

I never understood the "Spurs in 5" predictions. This series always had at least 6 written all over it and the Spurs losing 1 at home probably clinches 7, though I actually like their chances of winning a second on the road now far more than I did before the series.

This feel like a repeat of '08, only the big three (and a few others, of course) are now the old guys. They'll probably gut this one out, but go into the Conference Finals dead legged and lose in 5.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2016, 10:25 PM
Spurs rely on hot shooting. They need Mills and Green to get going from 3. If that happens early the Thunder will be playing 15pt catchup the rest of the game. The TP/KL/LMA connection doesn't work very well when guys aren't taking the open look. All those passes are to get that open look, but they up fake, put the ball on the floor, get trapped, pass out of to a wide open shooter who hesitates, up fakes, drives in and looks lost again.

Pop's simple message should be "if you're open shoot the goddamn ball and we'll live with the results, I do not want to see anyone refuse to take an open look in their zone. Don't expect to get great looks, get good looks, shoot it, get back in transition."I hope they all get going man, we need a big game from them in game 5 or else it will be another down to the wire anyone can win type of game.

littlecoyotecoin
05-08-2016, 10:26 PM
So Bogut is the Dubs star now? :lol

Not saying we're better than the Dubs, but we definitely have beat every other team at home all season long. 40 games is not a fluke.

I didn't say he was their star. You attempted to bring up strength of opponent. The opponent wasn't at full strength. Bogut is a formidable big. OKC bigs are killing us. Duncan is in decline, and we don't have much in the way of bigs behind him. That's a pretty relevant set of circumstances. Add to that, OKC, again, has beaten us, so what our record is against the teams that can't beat us at home is just that. The record against the teams that can't beat us at home. OKC can beat us. These are not just random trials. Opponent matters.

littlecoyotecoin
05-08-2016, 10:30 PM
I know what you mean, if KD plays like this 2 more games, all bets are off... but the reality is that generally we get better production at home from our guys and the whistle is normally more friendly...

Not a guarantee, but I much rather have HCA than not, and the Spurs have shown to be pretty stellar at home this season. No reason to doubt they'll continue to be.

Something about "I guess that's why they play the games". We'll just have to wait. They just can't make it easy on us viewers.

ElNono
05-08-2016, 10:31 PM
I didn't say he was their star. You attempted to bring up strength of opponent. The opponent wasn't at full strength. Bogut is a formidable big. OKC bigs are killing us. Duncan is in decline, and we don't have much in the way of bigs behind him. That's a pretty relevant set of circumstances. Add to that, OKC, again, has beaten us, so what our record is against the teams that can't beat us at home is just that. The record against the teams that can't beat us at home. OKC can beat us. These are not just random trials. Opponent matters.

But *you* brought up "Milwaukee in February" like we were beating crappy teams. We beat the Thunder 3 times at home this season.

And yeah, how well you've played against the entire league does matter. OKC isn't really that great of a team when you look at the NBA as a whole. I'm not sure they're better than the Cavs, and obviously they're not better than the Dubs. They're certainly a top 5 team, but IMO, they have no shot at a championship (even if they beat us and advance).

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2016, 10:33 PM

No way.

without that game 2 collapsterfuck, this shit would be over

afireinside20
05-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Beiber and Junior up theyre sound like a bunch of whiny faggots. Your parents must be so proud.

RD2191
05-08-2016, 10:35 PM
The Spurs have looked like shit in all games except for 1. Game 3 felt more like the Thunder lost it than the Spurs won it. Not sure where all this false confidence is coming from.

Ditty
05-08-2016, 10:35 PM

This of course Amuseddaysleeper is overreacting like he has all season. Durant will come down to earth, and OKC will be screwed if that happens.

Keepin' it real
05-08-2016, 10:36 PM

Without a gritty game 3 win, the Spurs would be on the verge of being eliminated.

Perspective is a bitch.

UZER
05-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Westbrook is like Kobe. He can't sustain the passing version of himself for more than one game.

He eventually turns back into the hulk and hurts even the ones he loves.

littlecoyotecoin
05-08-2016, 10:41 PM
But *you* brought up "Milwaukee in February" like we were beating crappy teams. We beat the Thunder 3 times at home this season.

And yeah, how well you've played against the entire league does matter. OKC isn't really that great of a team when you look at the NBA as a whole. I'm not sure they're better than the Cavs, and obviously they're not better than the Dubs. They're certainly a top 5 team, but IMO, they have no shot at a championship (even if they beat us and advance).

True. I did bring up Milwuakee. (I just pulled it outta my ass. I don't know they played M in F, just using random scrub stat padding home win team.) That doesn't mean the Dubs victory was as telling as some may think.

I think it's also fairly well accepted that the West was weaker than usual this year. And, while it's true that there are only a few contenders every year, I think it's more so this year. Maybe not. But, a 67 and 72 win season team in the same season might be some evidence of that.

I hope you're right, and we beat them both times at home, as our record implies they should. I will be glad to have worried about these things unnecessarily.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Westbrick is a straight up loser. He was arguing with his teammates like a little bitch and he picked up a second T in this series tonight. F'in fag.

Ditty
05-08-2016, 10:43 PM
It's a best out of three series with Spurs playing two games at home, and have outplayed OKC throughout most of the series tbh, and Spurs have the ability to play even better. Calm down :lol

littlecoyotecoin
05-08-2016, 10:44 PM

And, I didn't say we couldn't beat them. Only that they can beat us. They have, even if they stole/were handed one.

Kawhitstorm
Westbrook is like Kobe. He can't sustain the passing version of himself for more than one game.

If he has a Tony type game & OKC gets blownout in Gm 5 then he's going to go full chuck mode in Gm 6.:lol

timtonymanu
It's a best out of three series with Spurs playing two games at home, and have outplayed OKC throughout most of the series tbh, and Spurs have the ability to play even better. Calm down :lol

Pretty much

.G.
05-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Ballooned-assed faggot posters advocating for others to get bolded in desperate hopes that they'll get bolded themselves. Fucking low life imbeciles :lol

:lmao

UZER
05-08-2016, 10:50 PM
If he has a Tony type game & OKC gets blownout in Gm 5 then he's going to go full chuck mode in Gm 6.:lol

He won't make it past the second half of game 5.

spurraider21
05-08-2016, 10:59 PM
lol "we"

spurraider21
05-08-2016, 11:00 PM
the one between his shin and thigh

Horry Hipcheck
05-09-2016, 05:46 AM
I agree, but outside of Game 1 the other victory by the Spurs was a come from behind victory which is great but it's now like we've been blowing OKC out of the water since Game 1. We tend to do well in the first half and falter in the second.

No, definitely not, though in Games 1-3 I really think the Spurs have looked like the more hungry, seasoned team. Even with the frustrating play in Game 2 and the come from behind win in Game 3 (if you call it such, a four point fourth quarter deficit after the Spurs had led all game). OKC's two wins in the series are less impressive than the Spurs' two wins, and I know that doesn't matter but it makes me think the Spurs are just a few bad plays away from being ready to close this out, and as such I think they're just too good to ultimately lose the series.

bklynspursfan
05-09-2016, 05:59 AM
I saw lma and Parker breathing heavy in the 3rd. I think they just got a little tired... they let OKC get out and run way too much. Gotta do a better job controlling the pace tomorrow

soxxx
05-09-2016, 06:46 AM
Fans are hilarious, most of you had us winning in 6 I would say, that means we were going to have to lose twice, which we did, it also meant we would have to win game 6 in OKC.

So really nothing out of the ordinary has happened yet. I still feel confident about this series, I dont think the Thunder figured anything out, I think the refs called a poor game also. Moving along.

MilesTeg
05-09-2016, 07:19 AM
Without a gritty game 3 win, the Spurs would be on the verge of being eliminated. Perspective is a bitch. Am I the only one who remembers we dominated most of that game?

RD2191
05-09-2016, 07:33 AM
Ballooned-assed faggot posters advocating for others to get bolded in desperate hopes that they'll get bolded themselves. Fucking low life imbeciles :lol

:lmao
Don't cut yourself on that edge.

UZER
05-09-2016, 07:46 AM
I saw lma and Parker breathing heavy in the 3rd. I think they just got a little tired... they let OKC get out and run way too much. Gotta do a better job controlling the pace tomorrow

Hard to do when you can't get boards (Diaw/West combo).

bklynspursfan
05-09-2016, 08:11 AM
Hard to do when you can't get boards (Diaw/West combo).

Yea, that's why I think they should start Diaw. West/Duncan will board better and Diaw will have Leonard/Green/LMA to help on the boards.

It'll add some more fluidity to our starting unit's offense, and give us another weapon/open up the floor a bit which always works in our favor.

BillMc
05-09-2016, 08:27 AM

:lol

.G.
05-09-2016, 08:29 AM
It was exciting NBA action.

spursistan
05-09-2016, 10:53 AM
the 2014 Spurs would have swept this Thunder team with +10 margin...This team just doesn't have the firepower to blow open games against elite competition unless they fluke their way to it once in 2 months (ie. Game 1 and reg season vs Clippers)..twice we were up +10 points in Game 3/Game 4 and ended up trailing by first minutes of the 4th quarter.

This a series OKC can feel good about winning, now..

Cry Havoc
05-09-2016, 11:17 AM

The team that just got blown out of the building by one of the worst Western Conference 2nd round teams in the last 20 years?

kaji157
05-09-2016, 11:26 AM
the 2014 Spurs would have swept this Thunder team with +10 margin...This team just doesn't have the firepower to blow open games against elite competition unless they fluke their way to it once in 2 months (ie. Game 1 and reg season vs Clippers)..twice we were up +10 points in Game 3/Game 4 and ended up trailing by first minutes of the 4th quarter.

This a series OKC can feel good about winning, now..

The truth is, the 3 stars the 2014 team had, Tim Tony and Manu, were far more consistent than Aldridge and Leonard, specially Leonard, in terms of not only producing himself but make others better.

Kawhi is a shitty distributor and LMA is not that great at passing of double teams, as a consequence our role players are taking shots very sporadically and not always open looks.

Elephant in the room, Leonard is shooting 30% from 3 for the series, with the amount of shots that he takes that 12% drop is a lot.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Elephant in the room, Leonard is shooting 30% from 3 for the series, with the amount of shots that he takes that 12% drop is a lot.

The "elephant" in the room is actually Patty who air-balled a potential game winner, is shooting 20% & just got outplayed by Randy Foye when he was supposed to be having Dion Waiters type impact on the series.:rolleyes

Even if he was averaging 10 pts, Kawhi has made a huge impact on the series by making WestBrick seem ordinary. It would also help if LMA could rebound like a 7 footer instead of getting pushed around by Adams/Kanters as if he's Bonner.:rolleyes

daslicer
05-09-2016, 11:42 AM

I wonder if he's dumber than Kobe probably is. One thing I remember about Kobe was he would immediately go into facilitator mode whenever he was desperate for wins. The best example of this was the '12-'13 season when the Lakers nearly missed the playoffs. I remember there was a stretch during that season where hey were several games below .500 and Kobe suddenly starting averaging 7-10 assists game to get them back to .500. Once they got back .500 he started chucking again. That's one thing I hated about Kobe was he was a chucker but he was always smart enough to dial it back when he needed to win games.

still.focused
05-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Ok? Whatever you say :lol

You were saying?

ElNono
05-10-2016, 09:56 PM
We can't take care of business at home, we have no business advancing... we got a fairly fair whistle, and we choked, plain and simple...

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 02:43 AM
Had we won that game 2, we would have been 3-1 coming to SA.... instead elimination game on the road.

The same issues we saw all season long, are back to bite us plus some unexpected one (like TD missing layups). POP could have been more experimental earlier but an elimination game on the road is not time to start throwing Boban and Kmart there. They are not going to save the team's stars if they cannot close a game at home. There was a choke job, quite simple and I am bitter about it.

YGWHI
05-11-2016, 03:18 AM
They are not going to save the team's stars if they cannot close a game at home. There was a choke job, quite simple and I am bitter about it.

Can't remember when was the last time the Spurs lost two consecutive games in playoffs with 5 points lead at halftime and +2 entering into the 4th quarter.

Unbelievable. :depressed

Kawhitstorm
05-11-2016, 03:19 AM
Had we won that game 2, we would have been 3-1 coming to SA.... instead elimination game on the road.

The same issues we saw all season long, are back to bite us plus some unexpected one (like TD missing layups). POP could have been more experimental earlier but an elimination game on the road is not time to start throwing Boban and Kmart there. They are not going to save the team's stars if they cannot close a game at home. There was a choke job, quite simple and I am bitter about it.

If the team is being stifled by an undisciplined team like OKC then they would get embarrassed by the Warriors. It's all for naught, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
05-11-2016, 03:24 AM
Can't remember when was the last time the Spurs lost two consecutive games in playoffs with 5 points lead at halftime and +2 entering into the 4th quarter.

2002 vs. Lakers (Gm 3/4)

therealtruth
05-11-2016, 03:32 AM
Kawhi's got to figure out how to average 30.