PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge and Leonard in the 4th

spurraider21
05-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Huge playoff game on the road, 4th quarter, and the offense was basically everybody standing around watching, and hoping that Parker and David fucking West would take us home.

Leonard and Aldridge are the big 2. When the chips are down, these guys need to carry. Aldridge did all he could in game 2, Kawhi was clutch in game 3. We can't be having them be so ineffective and passive in crunch time like today.

lefty
:lol Porker's turnover
:lol heroball phaggot

DPG21920
They missed some good looks. Difference in passing up shots and just missing looks.

dg7md
05-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Did they even score anything at all in the fourth? We can't beat anyone if they get nothing in the fourth.

dabom

Silver&Black

:lol Did you get pinked?

TampaDude
Thunder in 6. Book it. I'm laying a dime on it tomorrow morning.

RD2191
Fucking pussy shit by Kawhi tonight. He deserves to get blasted for that performance.

Holden_Caulfield
why do we suck at the start of the 4th

lefty
:lol Did you get pinked?
Not yet

daslicer
05-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Fucking pussy shit by Kawhi tonight. He deserves to get blasted for that performance.

:wow

HarlemHeat37
Aldridge was mediocre on the road, tbh..:lol home frontrunner..

TheGreatYacht
Kawhbeta, tbh...

DAF86
Kawhi was visibly gassed at the end. He shouldn't be playing the whole last quarter, tbh.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Leonard is so up and down. Expect a bounce back followed by a stinker in OKC.

dylankerouac
05-08-2016, 09:36 PM
I kinda felt like Leonard was affected by that hyperextension by Kanter landing awkardly. I haven't taken a second, look but I don't think Leonard did anything after that.

tholdren
Kawhi was visibly gassed at the end. He shouldn't be playing the whole last quarter, tbh.

spurraider21
They missed some good looks. Difference in passing up shots and just missing looks.
Kawhi was 0-5 from the field in the 4th, and 2 of those shots came on that one possession when the game was already close to being out of reach.
Aldridge was 0-2 from the field and 1-2 from the line

Even West took 6 shots in the 4th

K...
05-08-2016, 09:37 PM

yeah kawhistans really never acklowedged that kawhi can be dpoy and also team alpha. He has to have a limit and the whole anti kyle peeps are retards.

It sucks that this team can't run offense except through two ancient guards.

ElNono
05-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Only worry is that we wasted a good game from Manu, tbh...

Floyd Pacquiao
05-08-2016, 09:38 PM
It's tough when you have to play both ends hard as fuck

spurraider21
:lol

DarrinS
They both played fine. Need other players to step up.

HankChinaski
why do we suck at the start of the 4th

When you have a lineup of Diaw AND West as your bigs against Kanter and Adams. You are going to rebound like shit. They just pushed the lead a bit there and the spurs couldn't get back in it after that.

Other than that Pop did a good job accept using that lineup and them staying on the court way too long in the 4th.

spurraider21
It's tough when you have to play both ends hard as fuck
Of course it's tough. But he's a fucking superstar and it's the playoffs.

SASdynasty!
05-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Lefty with a solid take per par.

ElNono

ehh... not really worried. Didn't think we would take both in OKC, and was surprised it was that close all the way to the end... they did want it more than we did, and they got the W...

We just gotta play better, and some home cooking, I'm hoping, will do us good.

HarlemHeat37
Aldridge will show up at home, tbh..seems like the type of nigga that needs to sleep in his own bed and have his own blanket, etc..

hooperflash
05-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Aldridge will show up at home, tbh..seems like the type of nigga that needs to sleep in his own bed and have his own blanket, etc..

Aldridge about to put up 82 pts in the first half alone, book it! :flag:

TheGreatYacht
Watch the game next time faggot.

Spur|n|Austin
Thunder in 6. Book it. I'm laying a dime on it tomorrow morning.

First time I've ever seen this side of you TD; not cool.

loveforthegame
05-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Cat crew having a field day with it but Leonard wasn't right after the knee bang. That could be a real concern moving forward.

DarrinS
05-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Watch the game next time faggot.

I did, cocksucker

apalisoc_9
05-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Aldridge was mediocre on the road, tbh..:lol home frontrunner..

Dude cant contribute if hes not getting touches. :lol

They offense wanst really the problem though. It was the defense.

Plus Durant made every contested shot. Didnt like the switch with west on durant too.

baseline bum
05-08-2016, 09:48 PM
First time I've ever seen this side of you TD; not cool.

He pulled this reverse jinx crap in the 2014 Finals too. :lol

daslicer
05-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Cat crew having a field day with it but Leonard wasn't right after the knee bang. That could be a real concern moving forward.

I noticed his aggressiveness dropped after that collision with Kanter. I'm concerned but if he can play the next game I'm going to assume he's ok. Pop wouldn't risk it if it was a serious injury.

midnightpulp
05-08-2016, 09:51 PM
We got enough offense. You can't let Dion Waiters go off for 17 on 7-11. And since Duncan is essentially crippled, I fear we have no answer for Adams. Waiters and Adams playing like all-stars was all the difference. Sure, Kawhi and LMA could've popped off for more, but they got support from Tony, Boris, and Manu.

DesignatedT
05-08-2016, 09:53 PM
Leonard clearly got a little gassed late.

Spursmania
05-08-2016, 09:53 PM

spurraider21
05-08-2016, 09:56 PM
We got enough offense. You can't let Dion Waiters go off for 17 on 7-11. And since Duncan is essentially crippled, I fear we have no answer for Adams. Waiters and Adams playing like all-stars was all the difference. Sure, Kawhi and LMA could've popped off for more, but they got support from Tony, Boris, and Manu.
16 points in the 4th isn't getting enough offense. started the quarter up 4 and lost by 14

YGWHI
05-08-2016, 09:57 PM

He was great in the first half and the 3rd quarter, huge plays on both ends. His last steal in the 3rd was just amazing.

But after Kanter hit Kawhi's knee when he was falling, he cleary didn't look like himself.

TampaDude
05-08-2016, 09:58 PM
He pulled this reverse jinx crap in the 2014 Finals too. :lol

It fucking worked, didn't it? :lol

BillMc
05-08-2016, 10:00 PM
They both look a little tired, tbh. Aldridge had been playing very heavy minutes, and Kawhi really went all out in Game 3. I sometimes wonder if Pop's resting players so much in the regular season makes it harder for them to stomach the increased minutes in the playoffs in close games. Obviously, the Spurs overall record in the playoffs disputes my assertion to some large degree. But I still wonder...

05-08-2016, 10:01 PM
:lmao Today's NBA

:lmao maybe Kawhi has asthma

midnightpulp
05-08-2016, 10:01 PM
16 points in the 4th isn't getting enough offense. started the quarter up 4 and lost by 14

True, but even if we scored 102-105, which you would think would've been enough offense, it still wouldn't have been enough. Spurs are typically in good shape when they score in the high 90's.

Yeah, offense could've been better, but defense was the big issue tonight.

DMC
05-08-2016, 10:02 PM

LMA doesn't do well shooting off the dribble. He's a spot up shooter and he needs to remain one. When he's moving he misses more often than not. He's not a great adjustment shooter. I didn't see them running him off his spot. I saw piss poor spacing and guys just standing around watching the ball handler.

DMC
05-08-2016, 10:04 PM
True, but even if we scored 102-105, which you would think would've been enough offense, it still wouldn't have been enough. Spurs are typically in good shape when they score in the high 90's.

Rebounding and 50/50 balls were the big issues. We didn't seem to think it was that important of a game, at least most of us.

spurraider21
05-08-2016, 10:04 PM

a lot of bad offense and missed shots lead directly to transition where OKC thrives

Snaq O'Meal
05-08-2016, 10:06 PM

Playing hard on both ends of the floor will do that to a player. Furthermore, he had to battle hard on the glass to make up for the size deficit in Pop's lineups.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Kawhi started out like 6-6 and then went 1-12. Not good. That duo of Thunder Mongoloids is trying to injure our players with their flopping bullshit and cheap shots. I hope KD gets f'd up the next game with those chicken legs.

skut_farkus
05-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Really Kawhi-et down the stretch

DPG21920
05-08-2016, 10:11 PM
What bugs me is how physical OKC is allowed to be with LMA and SA gets called for everything. Every time Ibaka closes out on LMA & LMA goes by him, Ibaka puts his arm out (like a clothes line) and hits LMA. He still fights through it, but damn, it's a foul. You have to call it at least once.

oh crap
05-08-2016, 10:12 PM

There's other players?

YGWHI
05-08-2016, 10:16 PM
What bugs me is how physical OKC is allowed to be with LMA and SA gets called for everything. Every time Ibaka closes out on LMA & LMA goes by him, Ibaka puts his arm out (like a clothes line) and hits LMA. He still fights through it, but damn, it's a foul. You have to call it at least once.
Only with LMA? Boris was fouled two times in the same play by Adams tonight.

UZER
05-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Spurs had a chance to put this game away in the first half and didn't. OKC came out timid and flat. They should've easily been up by 15 at the half.

But once West Diaw gets out there, it's only a matter of time before OKCs size starts taking over in the boards.

If you gonna play that combo, you can only do it 3-4 min max! But they should've even be out there together, and especially without Kawhi on the floor.

Spursmania
05-08-2016, 10:20 PM
We better not get the same old crappy refs we had at home in Game 2. :bang

TD 21
05-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Dude cant contribute if hes not getting touches. :lol

They offense wanst really the problem though. It was the defense.

Plus Durant made every contested shot. Didnt like the switch with west on durant too.

Yeah, this was just insane and all the more reason Diaw should have played.

They can't keep them off the offensive glass either way, but at least with Diaw, he's a better option to switch that and he brings the possibility of the occasional three.

My only concerns in this series, are lack of volume three-point shooting and defensive rebounding, with Duncan barely playing. Either him or Marjanovic need to play the non Aldridge minutes.

MultiTroll
05-08-2016, 10:22 PM
I kinda felt like Leonard was affected by that hyperextension by Kanter landing awkardly. I haven't taken a second, look but I don't think Leonard did anything after that.

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 10:22 PM

All his shots were short, Danny being in foul trouble forced him to play heavy minutes. (Maybe should have given Kyle more minutes)

oh crap
05-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Spurs had a chance to put this game away in the first half and didn't. OKC came out timid and flat. They should've easily been up by 15 at the half.

But once West Diaw gets out there, it's only a matter of time before OKCs size starts taking over in the boards.

If you gonna play that combo, you can only do it 3-4 min max! But they should've even be out there together, and especially without Kawhi on the floor.

Weren't they up almost 10? Didn't they flirt with a near 10 point lead for much of the game?

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Yeah, this was just insane and all the more reason Diaw should have played.

They can't keep them off the offensive glass either way, but at least with Diaw, he's a better option to switch that and he brings the possibility of the occasional three.

Diaw had no chance against KD tonight, even Danny was getting roasted. Kyle was the only guy that slowed him down.:lol

apalisoc_9
05-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Pop is not going to make any rotational changes though. I dont think he will. Series tied at 2 a piece with us having homecourt. Hes never made changes unless the spurs were in desperation mode. Always stays with his gameplan.

apalisoc_9
05-08-2016, 10:25 PM
Diaw had no chance against KD tonight, even Danny was getting roasted. Kyle was the only guy that slowed him down.:lol

Was calling for this because anderson is actually a better revounder than Diaw and West. Plus he was awesome in the first half. Surprised we didnt see him as a small ball 4.

baseline bum
05-08-2016, 10:25 PM
It fucking worked, didn't it? :lol

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Pop is not going to make any rotational changes though. I dont think he will. Series tied at 2 a piece with us having homecourt. Hes never made changes unless the spurs were in desperation mode. Always stays with his gameplan.

He benched Tiago & started Diaw in Gm 5 after the two blowout in OKC back in 2014.:wakeup (Tim might get benched for Diaw)

midnightpulp
05-08-2016, 10:30 PM

Yeah, and I think Pop should stick to it. Despite the score, this was a 4 point game late, playing a good Thunder team in desperation mode who got all-star level performances from Adams and Di:loln Waiters and Kevin Durant's best playoff performance in like the past 4 seasons. No need to panic.

I don't put much stock in single game plus/minus, but Duncan was +5 in his 12 minutes on the floor. Even though he's giving us nothing offensively, he's still a presence. Foul trouble took him off the floor tonight, but I don't think he gets in foul trouble in game 5. Should shore up the defense.

YGWHI
05-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Was calling for this because anderson is actually a better revounder than Diaw and West. Plus he was awesome in the first half. Surprised we didnt see him as a small ball 4.

But if DWest and Boris can't compete against Adams-Ibaka-Kanter...Why don't try to go small and force OKC to do the same?

Kawhi at 4 is a better rebounder than Durant and Danny/Kyle better than Waiters/Roberson. At least we could neutralize OKC rebounding.

TDfan2007
05-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Their superstar went nuclear, and our 2 stars shit the bed in the 4th. That's your ballgame right there.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2016, 10:38 PM
The cumulative effect of the sanctioned hammering of LMA and KL kicked in in the 4th quarter. OKC has to try to damage/injure our best players to compete. Buncha twats really on that other squad. A shittier version of the Cavs, really.

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 10:39 PM

Hopefully, he will get minutes at home especially w/ the short turnaround.

TD 21
05-08-2016, 10:40 PM

He still had a better chance than West.

oh crap
05-08-2016, 10:41 PM
The cumulative effect of the sanctioned hammering of LMA and KL kicked in in the 4th quarter. OKC has to try to damage/injure our best players to compete. Buncha twats really on that other squad. A shittier version of the Cavs, really.

lay that valuable opinion on me when Thunder face off against Cavs in finals. always better from the couch.

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 10:47 PM
He still had a better chance than West.

He should be starting so he can be matched up against Ibaka rather than coming off the bench when Ibaka goes to the bench.

TD 21
05-08-2016, 10:48 PM
He should be starting so he can be matched up against Ibaka rather than coming off the bench when Ibaka goes to the bench.

If I were Duncan and they did that, I'd retire on the spot.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2016, 10:48 PM
lay that valuable opinion on me when Thunder face off against Cavs in finals. always better from the couch.

Yeah, right.

apalisoc_9
05-08-2016, 10:52 PM
He benched Tiago & started Diaw in Gm 5 after the two blowout in OKC back in 2014.:wakeup (Tim might get benched for Diaw)

Different scenarios because the spurs just meltdown in the fourth and the 3rd game was close.

SAGirl
05-08-2016, 10:55 PM

Even Kawhi can't redeem them. Anderson got the lion's share of the blame previously for that line-up being shitty, but it wasn't on him alone and at least he gave Kawhi 2-3 minutes of rest so he could come in and close it out. That is valuable. The SF doesn't have much effect in that bench line-up. Yes Kawhi makes them better but they are still awful, and that says a lot.

Last game the line-up was also a net negative and Kyle was there. Yes he didn't save them or add anything, but what he did do was give rest to Kawhi. Kawhi came in at the 9 minute mark and was magnificent, both ends. So those crappy 3 minutes Kyle played were valuable in the end.

He couldn't have been worse here.

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Different scenarios because the spurs just meltdown in the fourth and the 3rd game was close.

Except Diaw/West has been a disaster & Tiago only got exposed when Ibaka came back to the line-up in Gm 3/4.

Outside of elimination games, Gm 5 in a 2-2 series is essentially where you will see the most adjustment if there is an obvious lineup issue.

Off the top of my head:
-In the 2012 WCF, Pop started Manu over Danny who was wetting the bed.
-In the 2013 Finals, Pop started Manu over Tiago
-In the 2014 WCF, Pop started Bonner over Tiago who was essentially benched for Diaw

UZER
05-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Even Kawhi can't redeem them. Anderson got the lion's share of the blame previously for that line-up being shitty, but it wasn't on him alone and at least he gave Kawhi 2-3 minutes of rest so he could come in and close it out. That is valuable. The SF doesn't have much effect in that bench line-up. Yes Kawhi makes them better but they are still awful, and that says a lot.

Last game the line-up was also a net negative and Kyle was there. Yes he didn't save them or add anything, but what he did do was give rest to Kawhi. Kawhi came in at the 9 minute mark and was magnificent, both ends. So those crappy 3 minutes Kyle played were valuable in the end.

He couldn't have been worse here.

Yes, all of that. In addition, I've said Kawhi or Aldridge must be in the floor at all times.

My point is that lineup shouldn't be out there period, but if pop is gonna be stubborn with it like we all know he is, then at the very very least, Kawhi should be in the floor.

Ditty
05-08-2016, 11:06 PM

I don't disagree with you much Harlem, but Aldridge was fine on offense these two games in OKC. Did have some unordinary short shots (tired? Hopefully not, because he has played well in heavy minute situations when he was in Portland). He needs to get in better on defense, and box out rebound though tbh.

SAGirl
05-08-2016, 11:09 PM
But if DWest and Boris can't compete against Adams-Ibaka-Kanter...Why don't try to go small and force OKC to do the same?

Kawhi at 4 is a better rebounder than Durant and Danny/Kyle better than Waiters/Roberson. At least we could neutralize OKC rebounding.
I think Pop will stay traditional like Apo said, but you have made me think about it bc the advantage of staying BIG is the rebounding and defense boost but if Timmy is not playing, (and worse, if he's truly done, gulp!), why stay big with some guys that can't win that battle, the rebounding and defense battle?

I will give you this: Pop always used his small ball lineups in response to what the other coach was doing, never of his own initiative in the RS.

EIC
05-08-2016, 11:11 PM

Intentionally or not:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3057/2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 11:12 PM
I don't disagree with you much Harlem, but Aldridge was fine on offense these two games in OKC. Did have some unordinary short shots (tired? Hopefully not, because he has played well in heavy minute situations when he was in Portland). He needs to get in better on defense, and box out rebound though tbh.

KD clearly has no regard for him when he drives to the rim, he needs to lay him out flat so he would actually acknowledge his presence.:lol

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 11:13 PM
If I were Duncan and they did that, I'd retire on the spot.

As if he didn't get benched in a freakin' regular season game.:wakeup

YGWHI
05-08-2016, 11:14 PM
I think Pop will stay traditional like Apo said, but you have made me think about it bc the advantage of staying BIG is the rebounding and defense boost but if Timmy is not playing, (and worse, if he's truly done, gulp!), why stay big with some guys that can't win that battle, the rebounding and defense battle?
Exactly

I will give you this: Pop always used his small ball lineups in response to what the other coach was doing, never of his own initiative in the RS.
It's time to make a little change, Pop.

SAGirl
05-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Good point. Hmm I s Pop at the point he would consider benching TD to reinforce the shitty bench line-up?

littlecoyotecoin
05-08-2016, 11:22 PM

Manu pushed in the back on his breakaway...no and-one. Automatic if it's OKC. Danny Green hacked on the arm...out of bounds on Danny Green, it just goes on and on. And, that's fine if you are gonna "let 'em play", but The Thunder are getting call after call after call. Infuriating.

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 11:38 PM
Good point. Hmm I s Pop at the point he would consider benching TD to reinforce the shitty bench line-up?

He's already benching him in the 4th quarter & benched him in a regular season game so I don't see why it would be a farfetched. (Gm 5 in a 2-2 series has been historically when Pop makes lineup changes)

SAGirl
05-08-2016, 11:41 PM
He's already benching him in the 4th quarter & benched him in a regular season game so I don't see why it would be a farfetched. (Gm 5 in a 2-2 series has been historically when Pop makes lineup changes)
I agree that he needs to do something with the bigs. His adjustment tonight was just benching Kyle in the second half. That wasn't enough. Consistently these guys are a negative together. Of course if Manu and Patty were keeping them afloat with hot 3 pts shooting like the RS then fine, but it's not like it's news how deficient they are. I thought I'd see Boban with them but Pop has gone away from him.

james evans
05-09-2016, 02:51 AM
series 2-2. if it's not that, someone inform me

dg7md
05-09-2016, 03:31 AM
The biggest issue I have with us going forward, even if we get past OKC is the fact that our offense is dreadful at times. There are halves where we can't hit the broad side of any fucking thing. We are brilliant usually in the first half, but in the second we quiver up and can't hit anything. This has to change. It's like we're great front runners, but after that we have issues closing games. Always been a problem for the Spurs.

will_spurs
05-09-2016, 05:53 AM
Same as Game 2, Pop trotted out the uber-crappy-putrid line-up to start the 4th and the Spurs quickly went from up 4 to down 6. West took all the shots in the 4th when he shouldn't even have been out there.

Russ
05-09-2016, 07:09 AM
The elephant in the room -- the Spurs may be wearing down in the 4th quarter (34-16 OKC in the 4th).

The Games are every other day now and OKC is a younger team.

Aldridge and Kawhi are playing 40 minutes every other day. This could be trouble unless the bench starts contributing (if not points at least minutes).

And TD playing so few minutes only adds to the strain . . .

Harry Callahan
05-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Manu pushed in the back on his breakaway...no and-one. Automatic if it's OKC. Danny Green hacked on the arm...out of bounds on Danny Green, it just goes on and on. And, that's fine if you are gonna "let 'em play", but The Thunder are getting call after call after call. Infuriating.

In the first quarter Kawhi gets body blocked by Adams - pure chickenshit play - not basketball. In the 4th quarter, Westbrick body blocks Parker with the intent to injure him. There probably 15 examples of this last night. That is not "being strong" or "being physical". It's just cheap shots by guys who are allowed to get away with it.

I have no idea what it will take for Kawhi to get more respect - the guy gets abused way more than he should. Durant the Diva took 13 foul shots last night. Half of those fouls putting him on the line were questionable at best. Don't get me started on his running buddy. WB plays completely out of control and gets rewarded way too much.

urunobili
05-09-2016, 08:55 AM

Harry Callahan
05-09-2016, 09:00 AM
The biggest issue I have with us going forward, even if we get past OKC is the fact that our offense is dreadful at times. There are halves where we can't hit the broad side of any fucking thing. We are brilliant usually in the first half, but in the second we quiver up and can't hit anything. This has to change. It's like we're great front runners, but after that we have issues closing games. Always been a problem for the Spurs.

Thunder are way worse closing out games. They have to have the whistle to bail them out - or the no-call to allow them to pressure and move their screening. The Spurs scored 28 points in the third. You can't play defense as well when the other team is constantly in the penalty and going to the line. The abortion that was Danny Crawford's crew failed mightily last night. They sucked. Our players are getting run through a cheap shot meat grinder and nothing happens.

EVAY
05-09-2016, 09:29 AM
In the first quarter Kawhi gets body blocked by Adams - pure chickenshit play - not basketball. In the 4th quarter, Westbrick body blocks Parker with the intent to injure him. There probably 15 examples of this last night. That is not "being strong" or "being physical". It's just cheap shots by guys who are allowed to get away with it.

I have no idea what it will take for Kawhi to get more respect - the guy gets abused way more than he should. Durant the Diva took 13 foul shots last night. Half of those fouls putting him on the line were questionable at best. Don't get me started on his running buddy. WB plays completely out of control and gets rewarded way too much.

I agree with this, but it would take some calling out by the Spurs' organization to change it and that is not going to happen. I was struck by what OKC was allowed to do under the basket and on screens with no call, but then Duncan and Green (those three fouls in 30 seconds) were just touch fouls. I don't get it.

SAGirl
05-09-2016, 10:36 AM
The elephant in the room -- the Spurs may be wearing down in the 4th quarter (34-16 OKC in the 4th).

Aldridge and Kawhi are playing 40 minutes every other day. This could be trouble unless the bench starts contributing (if not points at least minutes).

Good point. Someone mentioned D west playing the entire 4th. That is too much at his age. TD needed to play a few minutes. Are we ready to let our season live and die by D west? I hope not.

We are probably not ringing if TD is done. It's dawning on me. He has to be better than he's been and maybe he can't.

KD killed us. He was due for a superstar game but we wasted LMA superstar game in game 2 which we should have won.

We still can get this series but this team is not playing their best basketball at this stage of the season, which is this goal. Without TD our ceiling is lowered considerably but nothing can be done about him. Him shooting 1/8 right at the rim in game 2 is as much the culprit for that loss as anything else. As Pop said, we lost that game 3 times.

polandprzem
05-09-2016, 10:59 AM

Well in g3 we were advantageous when it comes to fouling so OKC probably addressed it to the league. Hopefully the Spurs does the same and those shitty plays will be called from now on.

All in all I do not like that big of a disparity between RS and POs. Refs swallowing whistles way too much and as a result you have something like g2 ending.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 11:51 AM

That's exactly what happened against the Mavs in 2014 when Carlisle took Danny out of the series & dared Tony to be a scorer. The Manu/Tiago PnR that was the only consistent offense until the Spurs freed up Danny in transition despite losing Gm 6 after Blair dominated the game.

The only consistent offensive in this series is the Tony/LMA PnP but if LMA's shot is off then the well dries up.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 11:53 AM
He was due for a superstar game but we wasted LMA superstar game in game 2 which we should have won.

Patty:bang

BillMc
05-09-2016, 11:54 AM

He's having a terrible series, tbh. Really like the guy, but he's got to step up and make some shots.

Funny all the Danny bashing when Patty has been far worse.

SAGirl
05-09-2016, 12:49 PM

He's having a terrible series, tbh. Really like the guy, but he's got to step up and make some shots.

Funny all the Danny bashing when Patty has been far worse.
Yes that game 2 he was subbed in the 4th bc OKC was doubling LMA off Tony. He proceeded to chuck shots from the midrange instead of running any offense, getting away from LMA who was on fire. That was the second reason we lost that game. (Missed layups in the 1st Q being the first and the 13 second collapse with bad refereeing the3rd). Without naming anyone Pop specifically said ill advised shot taking in the 4th Q was a reason we lost that game. Patty has been terrible when asked to play as a real PG, without other playmakers all through the season (losing us the Denver RS game toward the end of the season and horrible running any offense in the Dallas game to end the season). Patty is just not a PG and to be fair to him he does try, he's just so small with short arms, he can't get any pass out cleanly so he's picked, his passes deflected, or he throws horrible passes to the feet of guys, etc. The least he could do is make shots.

He should be due for a hot shooting game.

Brazil
05-09-2016, 01:18 PM
:lol where is dat poster with his thread about starting Mills tbh ?

spurs10
05-09-2016, 01:34 PM
I was so pissed I erased the game so I must rely on some of you. I saw some obvious body shots to Kawhi and Tony that could have and probably did injure them. Should have known KD would live at the line after game 3 and the whining. Does anyone have reason to believe Tim is injured? The fact we had no rim protection for long bits of the 4th is not going to work.

i don't think our role players will play that bad at home and feel we will show up angry and focused on Tuesday. If all of us know Bobo and West is a bad rotation then surely the coaching staff knows. It felt like it was an unspoken 'okay you can have this one' by the refs and Pop. Certainly didn't feel any urgency.

Buddy Mignon
05-09-2016, 02:02 PM
:rollin

TD 21
05-09-2016, 04:36 PM
As if he didn't get benched in a freakin' regular season game.:wakeup

That was a unique circumstance, born of the simple fact that there was essentially no one for him to guard.

It's one thing if they had a clearly better option, but they obviously don't, so it would be a giant slap in the face.

Russ
05-11-2016, 01:11 AM

The elephant is still there and still being ignored . . .

The Spurs had multiple days rest before two playoff games with OKC and won both.

They only had a single day of rest before the other three and lost all three, falling apart and losing late leads.

The bad news -- only one day of rest before Game 6.

The good news -- if they can somehow win Game 6 (very unlikely), they'll get lots of rest before Game 7 on Sunday.

They should win a Game 7 -- just very doubtful they get there in the first place.

kobyz
05-11-2016, 01:28 AM

lol, what a jinx move again...

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2016, 01:34 AM
lol, what a jinx move again...

I was insulting him, you idiot:lol

You know I have a 55-page thread of anti-Aldridge, right?

Harry Callahan
05-11-2016, 01:35 AM
The elephant is still there and still being ignored . . .

The Spurs had multiple days rest before two playoff games with OKC and won both.

They only had a single day of rest before the other three and lost all three, falling apart and losing late leads.

The bad news -- only one day of rest before Game 6.

The good news -- if they can somehow win Game 6 (very unlikely), they'll get lots of rest before Game 7 on Sunday.

They should win a Game 7 -- just very doubtful they get there in the first place.

No game seven. Just play a tape of 2012 game 6 and you'll see what's going to happen. This OKC team is trash without the extra help. A collection of obtuse morons, and the Spurs refuse to exploit their mistakes.

kobyz
05-11-2016, 01:42 AM

No, you meant he will show up similar to game 1-2 at home... It's your typical act to dance on both sides...

Russ
05-11-2016, 01:42 AM
No game seven. Just play a tape of 2012 game 6 and you'll see what's going to happen.

It certainly seems that OKC has "turned the corner" on this Spurs team. Almost impossible to come back once that happens.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2016, 01:47 AM
No, you meant he will show up similar to game 1-2 at home... It's your typical act to dance on both sides...

No, it's your typical reach and ignorance, like when you thought you were clever bumping my "Warriors are pathetic" thread(several times), and then Steve Kerr agreed with the premise of my thread:lmao

spurraider21
05-11-2016, 02:00 AM

where you already owned up and said you were wrong? so now you're saying you were wrong about being wrong? so wrong twice. damn

kobyz
05-11-2016, 02:08 AM
No, it's your typical reach and ignorance, like when you thought you were clever bumping my "Warriors are pathetic" thread(several times), and then Steve Kerr agreed with the premise of my thread:lmao

It's was very clever to bump the "Warriors and Curry are pathetic" thread and to show everyone how much more and more pathetic that thread make you look with every achievement the Warriors and Curry are adding, and you have been talking trash about them then and not seeing they were on formation to become the greatest team ever make you look that you don't have any understanding in basketball and how much you stupid arrogant piece of shit... lol you trying to flip flop like a positive thread for you, just like you saying now you tried to insult Aldridge, if you though Aldridge will be garbage why you predict and being sure Spurs win, you are weak and shitty poster...