PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare on Grayson opens tonight..

TheTruth
09-30-2005, 12:46 PM
anyone have any funny grayson stories??

SpursWoman
09-30-2005, 12:56 PM
My word of advice:

Don't drink a lot of beer while you're waiting in that long-ass line and not use the restroom before you go in.

:drunk :spin

ZStomp
09-30-2005, 12:57 PM
My word of advice:

Don't drink a lot of beer while you're waiting in that long-ass line and not use the restroom before you go in.

:drunk :spin

You peed yourself!!

I'll probably end up going. I get a kick out of haunted houses.

JoeChalupa
09-30-2005, 01:17 PM
I've never been.

Is it worth it? I mean some of the neighbors make their haunted houses in their garages during trick or treat night and they are pretty good.....and free. :)

SpursWoman
09-30-2005, 01:23 PM
You peed yourself!!

I didn't ... but it was really damn hard trying not to with things jumping out at you all over the place.

:oops :lol

MannyIsGod
09-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Eh, its ok. Its more hype than anything else. But hey, it is something to do.

ZStomp
09-30-2005, 01:41 PM
I've never been.

Is it worth it? I mean some of the neighbors make their haunted houses in their garages during trick or treat night and they are pretty good.....and free. :)

:lol

I know you don't like to spend money at all Joe, so no it wouldn't be worth it.

sa_butta
09-30-2005, 02:08 PM
This one is in Austin but I have heard it is good and scary
http://www.nightmarefactory.com/factory.html

batman2883
09-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Its not scary at all but i went when ICP was there like 3 years ago or something like that..the ripleys one is scarier than that

sa_butta
09-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Its not scary at all but i went when ICP was there like 3 years ago or something like that..the ripleys one is scarier than thatIve never been myself but I heard there was alot of ground there.

ZStomp
10-01-2005, 02:03 AM
This one is in Austin but I have heard it is good and scary
http://www.nightmarefactory.com/factory.html

I'll prolly give it a try. Make an Austin night out of it...go to another haunted house too...

John T
10-03-2005, 03:04 AM
The best one I've ever been to was in Austin also, and damn it all to hell I can't think of the name of the guy who does it. Maybe some computer big wig? You have to camp out to get tickets to it. The man spends months converting his entire house, building on to the outside of it, etc. If I remember correctly he didn't do it every year. GRRR...now this is going to drive me crazy. I'm thinking it was off of 2222. Any clues?

Carie

ZStomp
10-03-2005, 03:11 AM
I think next weekend I may head out to Austin......

TOP-CHERRY
10-03-2005, 08:44 AM
the ripleys one is scarier than that
The Haunted Mansion one in front of the Alamo?
Yeah, I was scared.

John T
10-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Damn. Found it. But he no longer does it. If you ever hear of him doing this again I highly recommend it!

Carie

from snopes.com:

Wishful rumors aside, the ultimate "haunted house" attraction of all time was the Halloweenified home of Richard Garriott (better known as "Lord British," the creator of the Ultima series of computer games) of Austin, Texas. Garriott's 4,500-square-foot mansion and its three surrounding acres were reputedly something to see even at normal times, what with their dungeon, hidden library, indoor tropical rain forest, trap doors, secret passageways, rooftop observatory and private island. (He's moved since then to larger, scarier quarters.) But every second Halloween between 1988 and 1994, Garriott would go all out, investing more than $100,000 to turn his mansion into an interactive theme park where guests were led through a real-life sword-and-sorcery adventure, complete with monsters and mayhem. The renovations were so extensive that he'd have to move out for the three months leading up to the event to allow workmen sufficient rein to do what they needed.

This fright-fest was in operation for only four years, so it's too late now to think about getting to see this in operation. Only 200 guests a night were led through the manse and its grounds. People typically lined up two days in advance to get in on the adventure. The tour was free (the only cost was the wait to get in), and it was reputedly well worth the camp-out. Garriott himself claimed to have seen folks going up and down the line offering $1,000 for anyone who'd give up his ticket and finding no takers.

Dan Rather
10-11-2005, 04:10 PM
anyone else been yet?

ZStomp
10-11-2005, 04:11 PM
I went to the one in Austin called Mansion of Terror. It was fun!

LuvBones
10-11-2005, 11:22 PM
I went to it about 2 years ago and my advice is to wear shoes with some grip. I wore flip flops and everything that jumped out at me made me fall over. After about the 10th time of falling I just started crying. :lol Then that just made it worse.. when you show fear, they come after you more. They love to pick on crying girls. :(

Horry For 3!
10-11-2005, 11:32 PM
I've only been to one Haunted House and it was lame.

Horry For 3!
10-11-2005, 11:32 PM
I went to it about 2 years ago and my advice is to wear shoes with some grip. I wore flip flops and everything that jumped out at me made me fall over. After about the 10th time of falling I just started crying. :lol Then that just made it worse.. when you show fear, they come after you more. They love to pick on crying girls. :(
You started crying? :lol

Kdfelicity
10-11-2005, 11:49 PM
I have a Grayson story. My senior year of high school I went with my best friend and we were scared shitless. We steered clear of those scary characters just walking around in the street. Then inside, they started touching and grabing us(they're not supposed to do that right?) so we literally sprinted through the whole thing with our hands on our heads like visors.

ZStomp
10-12-2005, 01:05 AM

Why do you wear flip flops?

Put some shoes on!

LuvBones
10-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I started crying because I was so frustrated AND scared, lol. This one tall pumpkin head creature was following me for like 15 minutes and backed me into a corner!

And flip flops are comfy.. but yeah, never again to the Nightmare on Grayson.

Horry For 3!
10-13-2005, 11:08 PM
They were just talking about and showing stuff from this on KABB.

Horry For 3!
10-13-2005, 11:09 PM
I started crying because I was so frustrated AND scared, lol. This one tall pumpkin head creature was following me for like 15 minutes and backed me into a corner!

And flip flops are comfy.. but yeah, never again to the Nightmare on Grayson.
That is messed up, I probably wouldn't be a good volunteer for that place. If someone was backin me up or pushin me somewhere, they would get knocked on the ground. haha I don't think I will be going for the sake of them.