PDA

View Full Version : There's 1 man that can save the Spurs, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Is it time?

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2014%2F0519%2Fmag_bonner01_tp_129 6x729.jpg

Floyd Pacquiao
05-08-2016, 10:38 PM
2014 part deuce

Ditty
05-08-2016, 10:40 PM
You really think spacing, and having some other big other than Diaw that's willing to shoot the 3 is hurting us? Durant is making some tough shots out there, got to give him credit I don't think it will last tbh especially when things really start getting bad for them. We do need some rim protection and rebounding, I think we need Boban over West tbh.

Robz4000
05-08-2016, 10:45 PM
All the bigs outside LMA have been awful. At this point Bonner literally couldn't be any worse (I'd hope). Pop decided to keep him over Butler strictly for this matchup so I guess it's time to see if he made the correct call.

oh crap
05-08-2016, 10:46 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

desperate Spurs fan are among the most amusing in the league.

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2016, 10:47 PM
Yeah, let's get worse at rebounding :lol

Also, let's space the floor even though our guards aren't having any problems penetrating :lol

PublicOption
05-08-2016, 10:48 PM
how about playing Boban for more than 1 minute.

LakerHater
05-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Tim Duncan?

Ditty
05-08-2016, 10:52 PM
Bonner is actually a solid defender still also, and not a bad rebounder (he actually boxes out), and is not a complete offensive liability but he isn't the answer tbh. We got to play a full 48 minute game, and we will be fine.

littlecoyotecoin
05-08-2016, 10:53 PM
All the bigs outside LMA have been awful. At this point Bonner literally couldn't be any worse (I'd hope). Pop decided to keep him over Butler strictly for this matchup so I guess it's time to see if he made the correct call.

This is why Pop gets paid the big bucks. To remain rational when the rest of us go batshit crazy over that West Diaw lineup. I cried about it during the first game of the season. We probably should have won that game despite West and Diaw getting mauled. Pop will probably just continue to roll with it, and it will probably work out ok in the end, but not until a lot of us have suffered a lot of pain from watching it. It's so bad watching the second chances, etc that it is just a natural inclination to want to do something thinking nothing could be worse. But, Pop probably knows that it could be worse, and we have a better chance with them. I sure do want to claw my eyes out watching, though.

apalisoc_9
05-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Bonner is a better rebounder than the "No box out" combo of diaw and west. BonBon is one of the most competitive box out guys in our team among the bigs tbh. Timmy being the best. I suppose hes third if you count Leonard and Anderson.

DAF86
05-08-2016, 10:55 PM

Spurs haters posting on Spurs forums that can't get obvious joke threads are right up there too, tbh.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2016, 10:59 PM
All the bigs outside LMA have been awful. At this point Bonner literally couldn't be any worse (I'd hope).

Oh believe me he can be worse if that is possible...

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Spurs haters posting on Spurs forums that can't get obvious joke threads are right up there too, tbh.

:lol he's a Durant Stan disguised as a Hawks fan for some reason, tbh..

I remember years ago he would have meltdowns over Lebron dominating Durant..

timtonymanu
05-08-2016, 11:02 PM
:lol he's a Durant Stan disguised as a Hawks fan for some reason, tbh..

I remember years ago he would have meltdowns over Lebron dominating Durant..

I remember that. :lol I thought this nigga died after 2012.

Budkin
05-08-2016, 11:05 PM

"Atlanta Hawks"

Brian Windhorst
05-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Literally anyone over Duncan.

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 11:45 PM
Fat Head has earned a start, I'm pretty sure he's a better rebounder than Ibaka & can actually check Durant.:lol

Spurs9
05-08-2016, 11:50 PM
He would at least be able to drain some 3s, Green was in lala land tonight

Keepin' it real
05-08-2016, 11:57 PM
One man can save the Spurs ...

I thought for sure you meant:

http://16315-presscdn-0-27.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Donald-Trump.jpg

spurtech09
05-09-2016, 12:21 AM
I thought for sure you meant:

http://16315-presscdn-0-27.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Donald-Trump.jpgNo dice......

Uriel
05-09-2016, 12:24 AM
Can't tell if OP is being sarcastic or not, tbh.

YGWHI
05-09-2016, 12:25 AM
:lol

SAGirl
05-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Fat Head has earned a start, I'm pretty sure he's a better rebounder than Ibaka & can actually check Durant.:lol
If only he'd played with more confidence I'd support you.

If we must small ball though, he's definitely a better option than Bonner... if you want to send traps and a swarm of long arms at KD or try some experimental shock defense for a few minutes then yes, he's the guy. If he had minutes he'd crate deflections and steals we aren't getting from Diaw/West and would not get with Bonner.

SAGirl
05-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Can't tell if OP is being sarcastic or not, tbh.
Tongue in cheek thread but feel free to contribute your own cheeky suggestion. :lol

siraulo23
05-09-2016, 02:35 AM
Bonner saves the spurs

shuts everyone up about not waiving him instead of of butler :lol

Sean Cagney
05-09-2016, 02:56 AM
He would at least be able to drain some 3s, Green was in lala land tonight

Bonner doesnt drain 3s in the playoffs and not during regular season as well nowadays. He is done at this stage.

DeRozan m8
05-09-2016, 04:38 AM

Worry about your own garbage team tbh

They're embarrassing

Buddy Mignon
05-09-2016, 11:03 PM
You really think spacing, and having some other big other than Diaw that's willing to shoot the 3 is hurting us? Durant is making some tough shots out there, got to give him credit I don't think it will last tbh especially when things really start getting bad for them. We do need some rim protection and rebounding, I think we need Boban over West tbh.

I thought you fags had the greatest power forward of all time over there.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Pop tried this for many years - it's still a theory

lefty
05-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Slomo if you bold me, I guarantee the Spurs will win the title

There, I said it

HarlemHeat37
05-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Slomo if you bold me, I guarantee the Spurs will win the title

There, I said it

:lol what happened?

littlecoyotecoin
05-09-2016, 11:28 PM
Bonner doesnt drain 3s in the playoffs and not during regular season as well nowadays. He is done at this stage.

Bonner shot 44% from 3 this season. 36% playoffs. You'll have to roll with "not when it matters" or stick to "playoffs" and ".355" sucks, when it's really not horrible. Maybe go with "can't make them when it counts". But, he shot well this season, and his career playoff number is not bad.

DMC
05-10-2016, 12:07 AM

30 year old virgin ^

Sean Cagney
05-10-2016, 12:48 AM
Bonner shot 44% from 3 this season. 36% playoffs. You'll have to roll with "not when it matters" or stick to "playoffs" and ".355" sucks, when it's really not horrible. Maybe go with "can't make them when it counts". But, he shot well this season, and his career playoff number is not bad.
Okay when the chips are down he usually misses, I will go with that. I don't even remember him playing this year much though but I believe you on his %. He has a very little role on the team now, doubt they just throw him out there in this series cold off the bench. His career playoff number is not horrible I agree, it just seemed when the shot counted he either passed it up or just could not connect (He was never clutch, the anti Horry). He had one playoffs where he shot pretty well, bumped that % up some I remember but that's another story. I don't go with him right now in this series, my point.

Sean Cagney
05-10-2016, 12:49 AM
Okay when the chips are down he usually misses, I will go with that. I don't even remember him playing this year much though but I believe you on his %. He has a very little role on the team now, doubt they just throw him out there in this series cold off the bench. His career playoff number is not horrible I agree, it just seemed when the shot counted he either passed it up or just could not connect (He was never clutch, the anti Horry). He had one playoffs where he shot pretty well, bumped that % up some I remember but that's another story. I don't go with him right now in this series, my point.

I see he shot 15-34 in the season in garbage time for threes so that is not much of a sample size either when he only appeared in 30 games and started 2.

lefty
05-10-2016, 12:53 AM
:lol what happened?

Started a thread praising Porker after game 3 vs OKC

And it wasnt even a backhanded compliment

littlecoyotecoin
05-10-2016, 04:43 AM

I see he shot 15-34 in the season in garbage time for threes so that is not much of a sample size either when he only appeared in 30 games and started 2.

His small sample size is backed up by his career 3 point shooting number which is still greater than 40%. 41%, I believe. Arguing his small sample at 44% this season is not indicative of his overall 3pt shooting doesn't jive with his career number. He is still, as he always has been, a good 3pt shooter.

Just stick with he's not "clutch" which is not quantitative. And, that his play drops off in the playoffs, which is true, and expected, a little, playing better defenses that have more ability to defend him and the three point line in general.

I doubt he'll be used, but it's a perpetuating myth that he can't shoot.

BillMc
05-10-2016, 04:49 AM
All jokes aside, Kanter is notoriously poor with his rotations. Giving Matty some spot bench minutes might lead to some open 3s from him and also pull Kanter away from the basket and even out the rebounding a little. That said Matty hasn't played a second in the playoffs, so I doubt it happens and doubt even more he'd be effective if it did.

There's also the placebo effect.

playbonner15
05-10-2016, 06:12 AM
Slomo (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=121) if you bold me, I guarantee the Spurs will win the title

There, I said it

LMAO

playbonner15
05-10-2016, 06:13 AM
Matty boy's always a suit so I dont think Pop is entertaining about giving the Red Mamba some burn :lol

Seventyniner
05-10-2016, 09:28 AM
Started a thread praising Porker after game 3 vs OKC

And it wasnt even a backhanded compliment

Mods must have thought your account got hacked.

rastaspur
05-10-2016, 09:57 AM

So says one of maybe 1,500 actual hawks fans. Your fan base is a joke. I've been going to hawks games over the last twenty five years and history proves Atlanta to be one of the worst fan bases of all time

Obstructed_View
05-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Good Diaw?

lefty
05-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Mods must have thought your account got hacked.

:lol makes sense

Sean Cagney
05-10-2016, 02:31 PM
His small sample size is backed up by his career 3 point shooting number which is still greater than 40%. 41%, I believe. Arguing his small sample at 44% this season is not indicative of his overall 3pt shooting doesn't jive with his career number. He is still, as he always has been, a good 3pt shooter.

Just stick with he's not "clutch" which is not quantitative. And, that his play drops off in the playoffs, which is true, and expected, a little, playing better defenses that have more ability to defend him and the three point line in general.

I doubt he'll be used, but it's a perpetuating myth that he can't shoot.
Agreed on all of that.

Joke ass team called "Spurs East" swept again, little brother stay in your place with your wannabe playoff team.

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 03:25 PM
All jokes aside, Kanter is notoriously poor with his rotations. Giving Matty some spot bench minutes might lead to some open 3s from him and also pull Kanter away from the basket and even out the rebounding a little. That said Matty hasn't played a second in the playoffs, so I doubt it happens and doubt even more he'd be effective if it did.

There's also the placebo effect.
I had forgotten about that. He hasn't even seen garbage time.

therealtruth
05-10-2016, 08:49 PM
Playoffs are about adjustments and fake adjustments. Sometimes a change is enough just to throw the other team off enough for you to gain the advantage. You have to do whatever works.