PDA

View Full Version : Game five adjustments?

Ditty
05-08-2016, 11:42 PM
Spurs played well enough to win this game for the first three quarters. Durant shouldn't :cry shoot like this against us again tbh. Even having Waiters having his first great game of the series is pretty much a fluke.

Will Wesbrook keep deferring? Which imo is a great thing as they are much tougher to beat with him playing well.

I don't think Spurs have to make much adjustments in game 5 fwiw. You have to live with some of the things the Thunder did well in fourth quarter for once tonight. Maybe a little more Boban than West to stop some of the easy scoring at the basket when things are going well for us.

Pop calls out Aldridge in tomorrow's film session with his lack of rebounding and rim protection, which he gets back to being that great all around player he has been all season.

I know I may get killed for this by the KA haters, but maybe more KA on Durant especially if Green struggles again getting his shot off like tonight, which I don't see happening. May need his play making abilities, and has played really well defensively against Kevin imo.

Would like to see us push the tempo a little more at times also, especially at home. The Thunder look absolutely lost at times when that happen.

We should be fine guys, enjoy the run :toast.

Go Spurs Go!

Keepin' it real
05-08-2016, 11:48 PM
One thing Chuck, Kenny and Shaq get right most of the time is saying role players step up at home. Look at Waiters and Adams. No way they combine to score 33 in SA.

No big adjustments needed. Just make a few more shots, especially the Spurs' role players.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2016, 11:49 PM
One thing Chuck, Kenny and Shaq get right most of the time is saying role players step up at home. Look at Waiters and Adams. No way they combine to score 33 in SA.

No big adjustments needed. Just make a few more shots.

Keep the ball moving and let WC shoot the Thunder out of the game.

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 11:56 PM

Kawhitstorm
05-08-2016, 11:59 PM

No big adjustments needed. Just make a few more shots, especially the Spurs' role players.

Patty Mills will be forgiven for his airball in Gm 2 if he shows up for Gm 5 otherwise he has been atrocious.

LakerHater
better ball movement in the 4th & REBOUND!!

Amuseddaysleeper
Won 65 Games in Regular Season
Up 3-2 in NBA Finals series
Up 5 with 30 seconds left
Won Series 38
Lost series 0

And then the Spurs happened.

Can't put too much stock into stats like that.

Ditty
05-09-2016, 12:08 AM
Won 65 Games in Regular Season
Up 3-2 in NBA Finals series
Up 5 with 30 seconds left
Won Series 38
Lost series 0

And then the Spurs happened.

Can't put too much stock into stats like that.

That was a one in a lifetime choke job tbh. Stop being so negative you're a much better poster when you are not. Our season isn't officially over on Tuesday, and we got a win in OKC which was the goal in the first place. We have won big time game 5's the year's we won championships outside of 1999. Spurs will, and should be ready. :makemyday

ElNono
05-09-2016, 12:08 AM
:pop: "Play harder"

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2016, 12:11 AM
That was a one in a lifetime choke job tbh. Stop being so negative you're a much better poster when you are not. Our season isn't officially over on Tuesday, and we got a win in OKC which was the goal in the first place. We have won big time game 5's the year's we won championships outside of 1999. Spurs will, and should be ready. :makemyday

I think the Spurs will win this series. But many people underestimated the Thunder and overestimated the Spurs going into this one. It happens, let's just end this in 6 and move on.

Keepin' it real
05-09-2016, 12:12 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UCgvrqJux0U/TgvdBq8HZSI/AAAAAAAAMK0/hv-nztMZMpw/s1600/guinness-brilliant-1-TAGGED-2-1.jpg

Ditty
05-09-2016, 12:18 AM
I think the Spurs will win this series. But many people underestimated the Thunder and overestimated the Spurs going into this one. It happens, let's just end this in 6 and move on.

I can respect that :toast. I was one of the people who thought the Spurs would win in five before the series started. I thought the would win both home games, and win one of the two road games in OKC, and wrap it up in SA. Didn't think OKC would play balls to the wall like they have at times in the fourth quarter where they have struggled a lot this season, just like the Clippers did against us last season. I think Thunder have more of a chance to fall down to earth though, and implode. Spurs will hopefully start feeling the urgency now that the season could be over possibly Thursday if they don't step it up a notch which they're extremely capable of.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2016, 12:20 AM
I can respect that :toast. I was one of the people who thought the Spurs would win in five before the series started. I thought the would win both home games, and win one of the two road games in OKC, and wrap it up in SA. Didn't think OKC would play balls to the wall like they have at times in the fourth quarter where they have struggled a lot this season, just like the Clippers did against us last season. I think Thunder have more of a chance to fall down to earth though, and implode. Spurs will hopefully start feeling the urgency now that the season could be over possibly Thursday if they don't step it up a notch which they're extremely capable of.

I understand Durant and Westbrook playing well, but we really need to clamp down on the random Waiters/Kanter/Adams going off on us. Even Foye hit big shots for them. For us it's too random to figure out who actually shows up. I am loving Parker in this series but not sure how much longer he can keep this up. I think we win big in game 5.

Ditty
05-09-2016, 12:31 AM
I understand Durant and Westbrook playing well, but we really need to clamp down on the random Waiters/Kanter/Adams going off on us. Even Foye hit big shots for them. For us it's too random to figure out who actually shows up. I am loving Parker in this series but not sure how much longer he can keep this up. I think we win big in game 5.

Durant is all I worry about, but Leonard will get the best of him at least one of these next two games imo. I think Westbrook is losing confidence game by game is which is a great thing for us. Waiters had one of his good out of his five games tonight. Kanter is out there standing at the three point line shooting 3's. We have to live with that, but need to box him out and Adams will be much more easier to guard if Westbrook is deferring. Our off the ball guys are going to get chewed out I bet tomorrow during film session with the amount of alley oops we allowed that changed momentum at times because our guys need to stop ball watching. My prediction didn't come true in fourth quarter which it was majority of the game tonight, so I'm not going to make any predictions but I hope you're right :lol

YGWHI
05-09-2016, 12:33 AM
Will Wesbrook keep deferring? Which imo is a great thing as they are much tougher to beat with him playing well.
The Spurs should let him get his 30 FGAs. Sadly, it seems like Donovan has realized the Thunder won't win if Westbrook is not passing the ball...

cd98
05-09-2016, 12:34 AM
Need to protect the boards and close 4th stronger, but KD just hit tough shots, and Spurs missed open threes and had a few bad turnovers. Biggest factor will be returning home to Spurs crowd and more favorable whistles.

Harry Callahan
05-09-2016, 12:37 AM
Need to protect the boards and close 4th stronger, but KD just hit tough shots, and Spurs missed open threes and had a few bad turnovers. Biggest factor will be returning home to Spurs crowd and more favorable whistles.

Those favorable whistles are not guaranteed when OKC is involved. I think their recently dead 20% owner may have been bribing refs in the past (2012 anyone).

AFMadison
05-09-2016, 12:43 AM
Make open 3's

Ditty
05-09-2016, 12:44 AM
The Spurs should let him get his 30 FGAs. Sadly, it seems like Donovan has realized the Thunder won't win if Westbrook is not passing the ball...

I somewhat agree, but I believe the Spurs run away with this game if Durant is good tonight like he has been most of the time, not great/amazing/unstoppable on both sides of the ball like he was tonight. Spurs will live with Waiters and Kanter shooting 3's, which I can also as long as they're contested.

05-09-2016, 01:21 AM
It's going to be hard if no one from the bench is stepping up. After watching the last two games, the Spurs looked pretty shaky. It's possible the Thunder are the better team if Durant doesn't come back down to earth and if the OKC bigs keep destroying the Spurs.

Leonard and Aldridge are good players... but neither of them are a top 5 player in offense. They'll have off nights and the wheels pretty much just fall off for the Spurs. All this dependence on Leonard and Aldridge isos are hurting the team and affect the role players. I'm all for iso's on a good match up (like Aldridge vs Ibaka or Leonard vs Waiters and sometimes Roberson). But Leonard clearly can't iso vs Durant and Aldridge struggles with the bigger OKC players like Adams and Kanter.

I would say try to give Simmons and Boban some minutes when the bench is in. Rather see Simmons attacking the basket than Patty bricking shots or unable to get a shot at all.

Green and Duncan also absolutely have to score. Can't play 3 v 5 out there on offense..

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2016, 01:29 AM
more motion for Danny, KD got to take the defensive side of the ball off

Fireball
05-09-2016, 02:17 AM
Kawhi on Durant ... Danny on Westbrook

turkish spurs fan
05-09-2016, 02:21 AM
dont make just two 3pts

Ditty
05-09-2016, 02:42 AM
One thing I noticed, which I don't know if anyone noticed this also. I was pretty buzzed later in the game so I'm actually surprised I remember :lol is that Pop went with Parker or Mills on Westbrook except Green or Leonard in the 4th. I don't know if it was because he wanted to try to bait Westbrook into trying to shoot, or take over the game, and live with that but I actually thought it was pretty smart tbh. Though Westbrook didn't take the bait surprisingly and the continued going to pass to the hot hand Durant. I wonder if Pop tries that out again, especially if we get a nice lead and have Parker or Mills go over the picks and make Westbrook shoot mid range or try to get to basket and score against our big man which he has struggled with this series in the halfcourt.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 02:50 AM
One thing I noticed, which I don't know if anyone noticed this also. I was pretty buzzed later in the game so I'm actually surprised I remember :lol is that Pop went with Parker or Mills on Westbrook except Green or Leonard. I don't know if it was because he wanted to try to bait Westbrook into trying to shoot, or take over the game, and live with that but I actually thought it was pretty smart tbh. Though Westbrook didn't take the bait surprisingly and the continued going to pass to the hot hand Durant. I wonder if Pop tries that out again, especially if we get a nice lead and have Parker or Mills go over the picks and make Westbrook shoot mid range or try to get to basket and score against our big man which he has struggled with this series in the halfcourt.

I bet Pop starts Kawhi on KD in Gm 5.

Ditty
05-09-2016, 03:02 AM
I bet Pop starts Kawhi on KD in Gm 5.

I can see that exactly happening. Durant will come out super confident. If he struggles, he will start deferring to Westbrook who isn't shooting confident at all right now. Cut off the head of the snake first (Durant), and make their other guys beat us.

spurraider21
05-09-2016, 03:10 AM
Kawhi on Durant ... Danny on Westbrook
this was the 4th quarter of game 4. didn't go so hot

Ditty
05-09-2016, 03:34 AM
Crowd Durant on the perimeter in pick n rolls?

Fireball
05-09-2016, 03:38 AM

yeah ....that was too late... Durant was in rhythm ... that is why Kawhi needs to start on Durant from the beginning

polandprzem
05-09-2016, 03:56 AM

As much as a cliche it is it's fricking point on. But it's not just play harder but play hard consistent. We let too many times OKC to open the game up and they feed off of it along with crowd going. Once manu shut them up with that trey on a 2;1 possesions.

Overall it's nothing more than people need to step up. How come leonard and Aldridge can get gong when the Spurs absolutely got no other options?
We need Patty, Boris and Manu to bring it and blow Those OKC cause it;s dangerous to play a close game down the stretch when the spurs seems like have lack stamina. I mean OKC needs Kev to hit 2 big shots and it's over.

We had the double digit lead in both game at OKC and we blew it. Now we need to push that lead up to 20 with consistent had work.

As for adjustments - IDK how TD feels but we might not see him no more. It's strange cause this matchup is kinda okay for him but he is liability on ofense. He does not even tries to look at the basket - even wide open. And then when you have Green who disappears we are left with two basically iso players and one french man who is bit of unsure.

Anyway I feel Pop will start West and put Boris in quick, give Boban some time at the end of 1st or something. Also it's a shame that Anderson is nowhere to help when we thought he will get those 10 minutes/g after game one.

go Spurs Go madafakarz

hsxvvd
05-09-2016, 04:13 AM
Stay the course... we're playing the 3rd best team in the league. It's not supposed to be easy.

Mouth is Bleeding
05-09-2016, 04:55 AM
I want to see pg-Manu-Green-Kawhi-LMA lineups.

It will be so great, especially offensively, that it will force OKC to go small and we won't have to rely on our bigs vs their bigs getting away with everything under the baskets giving their superstars extra possessions.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 11:19 AM

KD got going in the 3rd quarter when the refs were calling BS fouls on Danny, once the house is on fire then it's hard to put it out especially when it's Kevin Durant.

Robz4000
05-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Score more points than the other team.

DarrinS
05-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Have more than 3 assists from our starting PG (Russ had 15) and shoot better than 16.7% from 3.

NameLess Scrub
05-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Shave mustache brothers.

Blow them out so it's not close at the end for Durant or the refs to win it.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 02:07 PM
-Move the god damn BALL! (OKC's defense esp. Kanter get exposed when they are forced to defend in SPACE)
-Quit playing Diaw/West
-Quit switching PnRs
-Ignore Roberson & sag when OKC runs the Adams/WestBrick PnR
-Maybe Pop/Patty should realize the playoffs have began

:wakeup

MultiTroll
05-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Have Aldridge or Kwa's mom in the audience.
Pan cameras to her for ratings.
Repeatedly ring up Thunder on bogus calls. Follow with repeated camera pan.

NameLess Scrub
05-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Have Aldridge or Kwa's mom in the audience.
Pan cameras to her for ratings.
Repeatedly ring up Thunder on bogus calls. Follow with repeated camera pan.

Use moms camera shots to avoid showing replays on bogus calls.

szkorhetz
05-09-2016, 02:41 PM
-Move the god damn BALL! (OKC's defense esp. Kanter get exposed when they are forced to defend in SPACE)
-Quit playing Diaw/West
-Quit switching PnRs
-Ignore Roberson & sag when OKC runs the Adams/WestBrick PnR
-Maybe Pop/Patty should realize the playoffs have began

:wakeup
/thread

K...
05-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Get the game thread up properly

LittleCriminal
05-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Second unit should be:
Boban
West
Diaw or Anderson
Martin
Mills

Tired of seeing West and Diaw getting out rebounded!

look_at_g_shred
05-09-2016, 03:30 PM
How about Aldridge and Kawhi not being scoreless in the 4th..

MultiTroll
05-09-2016, 03:31 PM
How about Aldridge and Kawhi not being scoreless in the 4th..
I'm worried Kwas leg is not okay after Borat backed into it.

florige
05-09-2016, 03:35 PM

I was shocked with all the Spurs in 5 and Spurs sweep stuff. IIRC we always had trouble with them. Not sure why fans were acting if though this were Memphis or something.

spurraider21
05-09-2016, 03:39 PM
how about amused not starting game threads

SPURt
05-09-2016, 03:46 PM
1. Durant was unstoppable
2. LMA and Kawhi no showed the 4th, as well as Parker tbh
3. The Spurs got out assisted
4. The Spurs got out rebounded
5. The Spurs shot a frigid 19% from three. Including those two back to back threes Kawhi missed which I thought was the where it was obvious the game was over.
6. The refs were awful.
7. OKC role players showed up (totally forgot Foye was on the team)
8. Point 7 makes this possible but when Westbrook is the facilitator and Durant the primary scorer it is a nightmare scenario

If someone told me this would be the case before the game I would've thought the defeat would've been by 30.

z0sa
05-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Being outscored what, 20+ in the second half would be nice

dbreiden83080
05-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Play Tim Duncan..

therealtruth
05-09-2016, 11:10 PM

I'm not saying he will but if Pop screws this up I don't think you can give him a pass.

Brazil
05-10-2016, 03:48 PM
win the game seems to be the major adjustment to make

timtonymanu
05-10-2016, 04:41 PM

OKC is mediocre. Not a championship contender the way they're built. But it doesn't help that the Spurs are breaking down (mostly Timmy).

tholdren
05-10-2016, 07:09 PM
#1 Adjustment - STOP PLAYING PLAYERS WHO ARE SCARED