PDA

View Full Version : Lineup change Game 5 (2012, 2014) series tied 2-2

SpursFanInAustin
05-09-2016, 01:05 AM
2012, Green benched for Manu

2014, Splitter benched for Bonner

Should we expect history to repeat itself and perhaps start West/Diaw for Duncan? Love Timmy but he has not been very effective these last 3 games. This would ensure that we have a 7 footer on the floor at all times and eliminates the "turd towers" of Diaw and West battling Adams and Kanter down low. Thoughts?

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 01:09 AM
2012, Green benched for Manu

2014, Splitter benched for Bonner

Should we expect history to repeat itself and perhaps start West/Diaw for Duncan? Love Timmy but he has not been very effective these last 3 games. This would ensure that we have a 7 footer on the floor at all times and eliminates the "turd towers" of Diaw and West battling Adams and Kanter down low. Thoughts?

I already called it.

P.S. Add the 2013 Finals when Tiago got benched for Manu

Ditty
05-09-2016, 01:32 AM
It's so weird though, because OKC just dominated us in every aspect of the game in game 3 and 4 in OKC those years which caused Pop to make those lineup changes tbh.

Outside of pretty much two quarters in both of our losses, we have played as well or even better than OKC.

As for the question. I don't see it happening unless Ibaka knocks down an open 3 early because Aldridge is covering up for Duncan so Adam's won't be having an offensive rebounding clinic out there.

Tim has still altered some shots out there, especially Westbrook's at the basket but he's useless on offense at this point.

I think Pop will roll with the same starting lineup, but will play Boban instead of West and see how that works. If it doesn't work well in the first half he will go back to West, and the Spurs may bench Duncan at that point and have him go against Kanter and have Aldridge on the floor at all times again Adams.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 01:56 AM
I think Pop will roll with the same starting lineup, but will play Boban instead of West and see how that works. If it doesn't work well in the first half he will go back to West, and the Spurs may bench Duncan at that point and have him go against Kanter and have Aldridge on the floor at all times again Adams.

Pop did mention post-game that they got "bludgeoned" on the boards so he will probably address that in Gm 5 by either increasing Tim's minutes or giving Boban some burns.

Ditty
05-09-2016, 02:04 AM
Pop did mention post-game that they got "bludgeoned" on the boards so he will probably address that in Gm 5 by either increasing Tim's minutes or giving Boban some burns.

I hope so I can live with Waiters shooting 3's and having one of his handful of bullshit games he sometimes has, Durant making tough shots over Kawhi but losing those 50/50 balls on offensive rebounds really bugs me. Especially during the times we had a good chance to put OKC on the ropes when they would miss like 5 shots in a row and we would score on a few of those possessions then they would get an offensive rebound because of not boxing out or they wanting the ball more and then they make a shot and start their run to get back in the game. It seems like it has been like that except game one tbh.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 02:36 AM
I hope so I can live with Waiters shooting 3's and having one of his handful of bullshit games he sometimes has, Durant making tough shots over Kawhi but losing those 50/50 balls on offensive rebounds really bugs me. Especially during the times we had a good chance to put OKC on the ropes when they would miss like 5 shots in a row and we would score on a few of those possessions then they would get an offensive rebound because of not boxing out or they wanting the ball more and then they make a shot and start their run to get back in the game. It seems like it has been like that except game one tbh.

"Durant got away from us," San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard) said. "Westbrook did a great job getting his teammates involved. But [they] got those offensive rebounds when we'd get him to miss."

LMA needs to have a man up, play center & have a monster rebounding game.:wakeup

YGWHI
05-09-2016, 02:52 AM
"Durant got away from us," San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard) said. "Westbrook did a great job getting his teammates involved. But [they] got those offensive rebounds when we'd get him to miss."
He's right.

Ditty
05-09-2016, 02:54 AM
LMA needs to have a man up, play center & have a monster rebounding game.:wakeup

When Kawhi's man doesn't shoot he needs to continue hitting the defensive board hard also like he did in game three. Green should hit the boards also he been a pretty good rebounder also, but he isn't out boxing any of their big men of course :lol. I bet Pop is going to on LMA's ass in the film room, and on the court and probably get him to box out freaking Boban all practice. LMA averaging 7 rpg. is unacceptable for a guy that it long and athletic as him. He has always had some good rebounding instincts also.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 02:54 AM
He's right.

Boris is fuckin' pathetic when it comes to rebounding; I hope he starts so he doesn't have to deal w/ Kanter.

Ditty
05-09-2016, 03:11 AM
Boris is fuckin' pathetic when it comes to rebounding; I hope he starts so he doesn't have to deal w/ Kanter.

What is also the point of West trying to box out like that also? :bang:lol

Use your fucking ass, lower body strength and arms to box out properly like they probably taught him since his early school days at the Y . You're not going to outmuscle Adams no matter how tough he thinks he is.

spurraider21
05-09-2016, 03:13 AM
What is also the point of West trying to box out like that also? :bang:lol

Use your fucking ass, lower body strength and arms to box out properly like they probably taught him since his early school days at the Y . You're not going to outmuscle Adams no matter how tough he thinks he is.
i think west was just trying to disrupt him so kawhi can get the rebound from behind. its diaw who screwed the pooch there by being a traffic cone

Ditty
05-09-2016, 03:32 AM
i think west was just trying to disrupt him so kawhi can get the rebound from behind. its diaw who screwed the pooch there by being a traffic cone

I could see that. Kawhi seemed like he didn't have a great angle to get that rebound also. I don't think West had any intention that Durant was going to miss that free throw anyways though. I guess West was just trying to be physical? :lol

DenialTwist
05-09-2016, 05:25 AM
They can't rely on Kawhi to come in and save the day with a rebound because Diaw and West are incapable. Pop is going to have to play Boban.

szkorhetz
05-09-2016, 05:33 AM
They can't rely on Kawhi to come in and save the day with a rebound because Diaw and West are incapable. Pop is going to have to play Boban.
just fucking stop this Boban non-sense. he will be killed in every p&r. We switch everything and that usually puts West or Duncan on Durant or Westbrook. Do you really want to see how Boban manages? Just stop this switch everything bullshit and play better one-on-one D, and then maybe Boban could play. Not until then.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 11:21 AM
I could see that. Kawhi seemed like he didn't have a great angle to get that rebound also. I don't think West had any intention that Durant was going to miss that free throw anyways though. I guess West was just trying to be physical? :lol

West was trying to face guard Adams which means Kawhi was supposed to go for the rebound.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 11:23 AM
just fucking stop this Boban non-sense. he will be killed in every p&r. We switch everything and that usually puts West or Duncan on Durant or Westbrook. Do you really want to see how Boban manages? Just stop this switch everything bullshit and play better one-on-one D, and then maybe Boban could play. Not until then.

Pop switching the Adams/Durant PnR was pretty dumb, trap KD & force Adams to be a playmaker on the perimeter.:downspin: