PDA

View Full Version : RC Buford chosen as 2015-2016 Executive of the Year

travis2
05-09-2016, 11:23 AM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-r.c.-buford-wins-2015-16-nba-basketball-executive-year-award

Budkin
05-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Obviously. Last off season was pretty brilliant.

BillMc
05-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Executive, Team 1st 2nd 3rd Total
R.C. Buford, San Antonio 9 10 2 77
Neil Olshey, Portland 10 3 4 63
Bob Myers, Golden State 5 4 1 38
Masai Ujiri, Toronto 2 2 2 18
Rich Cho, Charlotte 1 2 6 17
Danny Ainge, Boston 1 2 2 13
David Griffin, Cleveland -- 3 1 10
Stan Van Gundy, Detroit -- 1 3 6
Pat Riley, Miami -- 1 3 6
Sam Presti, Oklahoma City 1 -- -- 5
Sam Hinkie, Philadelphia -- 1 2 5
Wes Wilcox, Atlanta -- -- 1 1
John Hammond, Milwaukee -- -- 1 1
Dennis Lindsey, Utah -- -- 1 1

Who the hell voted for Sam Hinkie?

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Should be stripped for guaranteeing Bonner's contract then cutting Butler.:wakeup

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Who the hell voted for Sam Hinkie?

That's awesome -- 3 different people gave Hinkie some consideration, including a 2nd place vote.

K...
05-09-2016, 11:42 AM
So if I read this correctly, olshey got more first votes, but Buford won 2nd place votes. Also I read Buford voted olshey.

BillMc
05-09-2016, 11:44 AM
That's awesome -- 3 different people gave Hinkie some consideration, including a 2nd place vote.

Yeah. Am I missing something?

TheGreatYacht
05-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Should be stripped for guaranteeing Bonner's contract then cutting Butler.:wakeup

Darius Bieber
05-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Water is wet

bklynspursfan
05-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Last time he won this, we won it all, yes?

BillMc
05-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Last time he won this, we won it all, yes?

Yep. 2014!:toast

testies
05-09-2016, 12:12 PM
FUCK YOU ADMINS

MORE THAN 1 YEAR WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO CREATE THREADS OR READ MY INBOX

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!!

BatManu20
05-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Well-deserved. Congrats.

apalisoc_9
05-09-2016, 01:57 PM
FUCK YOU ADMINS

MORE THAN 1 YEAR WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO CREATE THREADS OR READ MY INBOX

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!!

:lmao

.G.
05-09-2016, 02:09 PM
:lol

Seventyniner
05-09-2016, 02:55 PM
“I think RC can say thanks to LaMarcus and David (West) for those executive of the year awards,” Parker said. “I felt like before, Pop definitely should have won one of those years and I’m surprised Bob (Bass) never won the executive (award). But I think back in the day, the Spurs didn’t get that much respect. We had to earn that respect. Now everybody respects the Spurs, so they don’t forget RC. That’s just my personal opinion.

“I felt like Pop and Bob should have won before, but it’s just like that. Everybody who won deserves it, that’s for sure, but I felt like we’ve been a great team for a long time, and Pop and Bob, they never won it, so that’s weird. And now RC, he gets all the awards. It’s great because he deserves it, too, but he can say thank you to LaMarcus and David.”

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 03:19 PM
“I think RC can say thanks to LaMarcus and David (West) for those executive of the year awards,” Parker said. “I felt like before, Pop definitely should have won one of those years and I’m surprised Bob (Bass) never won the executive (award). But I think back in the day, the Spurs didn’t get that much respect. We had to earn that respect. Now everybody respects the Spurs, so they don’t forget RC. That’s just my personal opinion.

“I felt like Pop and Bob should have won before, but it’s just like that. Everybody who won deserves it, that’s for sure, but I felt like we’ve been a great team for a long time, and Pop and Bob, they never won it, so that’s weird. And now RC, he gets all the awards. It’s great because he deserves it, too, but he can say thank you to LaMarcus and David.”

HI-FI
05-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Great news and well deserved. Hopefully Spurs can at least get past the fucking thunderefs now.

ace3g
05-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
(https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) VIdeo on @TheVertical (https://twitter.com/TheVertical/): Why San Antonio's R.C. Buford is the NBA's best GM. yhoo.it/1Zxtgek (https://t.co/Yh615WBBSq)

spursistan
05-09-2016, 06:53 PM

DMC
05-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Gratz :toast

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 12:02 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260336&p=8575528#post8575528

DMC
05-10-2016, 12:05 AM
Again?

ElNono
05-10-2016, 09:28 AM

:lol

Solid D
05-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Myers with Golden State only got 3rd place? I thought they were "light years ahead" of everyone else. Hmmm, 'guess not.

YGWHI
05-10-2016, 04:18 PM
To RC :toast

hater
05-11-2016, 07:10 AM
:lmao one of the most overrated execs in years.

Kept a core old senile old fucks. Kept Bonner. Didn't develop young big talent. Hell, even Diae was allowed to have a capoucino machine and blow up like a fucking thanksgiving parade ball on. Fat fuck can't even trot a full court :lol

He should return the award and give it to worriers or okc

Gervin44Silas13
05-11-2016, 07:29 AM
season gone to shit

houston spurs fan
05-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Hey RC shouldn't get a pass on this either. No big man who can rebound and protect the paint (newsflash RC, TD is fucking 40!). No quality backup point guard. Pop is choking this one away on the court but RC needs to be fucking held accountable to. Pop: "we'd be lost without him." Fuck.

spursistan
05-13-2016, 01:31 AM
It is turning out to be one overrated off-season for the ages :lol..

kobyz
06-11-2016, 07:12 AM
LOL him winning it! He should have finished last!! keeping Porker as a starting pg and not making change was most stupid GM dicision you can have!!!

Russ
06-11-2016, 08:54 AM
LOL him winning it! He should have finished last!! keeping Porker as a starting pg and not making change was most stupid GM dicision you can have!!!

"Stupid . . . dicision."

kobyz
06-11-2016, 11:32 AM
"Stupid . . . dicision."

Yes, how he could have been so stupid not seeing what everyone saw that you don't going anywhere with Porker... You know what?! Memphis signing at the end of the season Jordan Farmer is what saved Porker from being the worst PG in the intire league, how RC didn't saw how much he sucks???