PDA

View Full Version : NBA: It's official. Sorry to say Stephen ...

Killakobe81
05-09-2016, 01:01 PM
... Curry wins back to back MVP's!!!
I know you blokes love awards now the only question is what % of the votes did he get?
Only Magic has won more MVP's at the PG position.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15492665/nba-stephen-curry-validates-2014-15-mvp-season-monster-2015-16-campaign

baseline bum
05-09-2016, 01:34 PM
One dumbass probably voted for Melo or something.

Buddy Mignon
05-09-2016, 01:46 PM
His team is still winning without him. Let the over-hype continue.

Chef Curry
05-09-2016, 02:21 PM
As he should.

Last season it was Harden. This season it's guy like Leonard and Westbrook.

So called MVP candidates that get exposed as fraudulent when the going gets tough. Those guys are nowhere near Wardell's level tbh.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 03:18 PM
As he should.

Last season it was Harden. This season it's guy like Leonard and Westbrook.

So called MVP candidates that get exposed as fraudulent when the going gets tough. Those guys are nowhere near Wardell's level tbh.

How many Finals MVP does Wardell have again? Delly::lmao

sook
05-09-2016, 03:36 PM
put your dick down.

Killakobe81
05-09-2016, 03:42 PM
His team is still winning without him. Let the over-hype continue.

Fair point they are more rhan Steph ...

Killakobe81
05-09-2016, 03:44 PM

Probably. at first i wanted unanimous cuz it will piss off his haters ...but as great as he is ...is he greater than peak Lebron or MVP Shaq? Probably not.

baseline bum
05-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Probably. at first i wanted unanimous cuz it will piss off his haters ...but as great as he is ...is he greater than peak Lebron or MVP Shaq? Probably not.

I think he's better than both.

Killakobe81
05-09-2016, 03:50 PM

Whoa let's not get crazy ...

I am one of the bigger Curry apologists he is my "sports mistress" right now ...but not sure I take him over 2000 MVP shaq or back2back MVP LeBron ...

If he comes back and closes this season out with a title and finals MVP ...maybe you are right.

Right now? Can't do it.

lefty
05-09-2016, 05:47 PM
goat

sook
05-10-2016, 12:48 AM

yea I was about to say it right before you posted earlier today. And it showed today.

DAF86
05-10-2016, 01:14 AM
How many Finals MVP does Wardell have again? Delly::lmao

Dumbass dig the hole and threw himself in. :lol

DAF86
05-10-2016, 01:15 AM
BTW, why is the OP sorry to say this? :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2016, 01:17 AM
I just want to congratulate ~O~ for Curry winning MVP, tbh..

DAF86
05-10-2016, 01:19 AM
I just hope this is a short prime, tbh. It's unbealivable fun to watch but shit's no fair. It will get old and boring pretty quickly for us non Warriors fans.

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 01:29 AM
Dumbass dig the hole and threw himself in. :lol

Yeah b/c he didn't struggle against Delly which is EXACTLY what I stated.:rolleyes (Curry ADMITTED the pressure got to him)

DAF86
05-10-2016, 01:32 AM
Yeah b/c he didn't struggle against Delly which is EXACTLY what I stated.:rolleyes

Eh? I don't know if I'm missunderstanding your post or you missunderstood mine. I'm with you on this one son. :lol

spursistan
05-10-2016, 01:34 AM
I just hope this is a short prime, tbh. It's unbealivable fun to watch but shit's no fair. It will get old and boring pretty quickly for us non Warriors fans.
hopefully we find a way to Durant, he is a career Dub killer...these fuckers have lucked into the perfect team to compliment a generational talent..

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 01:35 AM

KD/LMA/Kawhi/Pau/Danny > Wardell/Klay/Draymond/Bogut/Barnes :toast

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 02:47 AM
Yeah b/c he didn't struggle against Delly which is EXACTLY what I stated.:rolleyes (Curry ADMITTED the pressure got to him)
he had 1 poor game in the finals :lol... and he didn't admit anything like that

https://i.gyazo.com/a4c3f7433918399445e71cbe7b0ce40a.png

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 03:03 AM
he had 1 poor game in the finals :lol... and he didn't admit anything like that

He was struggling mightily in Gm 3 w/ his shot & turnover before an outbrust in the 4th quarter which Delly put an end to:

2:45.0
S. Curry (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01.html) makes 3-pt shot from 25 ft (assist by D. Green (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greendr01.html))
+3
80-81

2:27.0

80-83
+2
M. Dellavedova (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dellama01.html) makes 2-pt shot from 12 ft

80-83

Shooting foul by S. Curry (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01.html) (drawn by M. Dellavedova (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dellama01.html))

80-83

I. Shumpert (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/shumpim01.html) enters the game for J. Smith (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/smithjr01.html)

80-84
+1
M. Dellavedova (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dellama01.html) makes free throw 1 of 1

2:14.0
D. Green (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greendr01.html) misses 2-pt shot from 9 ft

80-84

2:11.0
Offensive rebound by D. Green (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greendr01.html)

80-84

2:04.0
Turnover by S. Curry (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01.html) (bad pass)

80-84

1:44.0

80-87

+3
L. James (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html) makes 3-pt shot from 26 ft

Curry was depressed after struggling against the lowly Grizzles:

For the first time in along time, the Warriors are facing adversity. Steph Curry was not very happy after the game, so one of his teammates tried to cheer him up. According to Rosalyn Gold-Onwude of CSN Bay Area, Draymond Green texted Curry to relax and invited him to dinner:

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 04:05 AM
steph being upset about having a bad game in the finals is not the same as him "admitting the pressure got to him" from delly's defense

your revisionist history is transparent

Killakobe81
05-10-2016, 04:59 AM
One i wasnt truly "sorry" ...i think u can gleam that from original post ...
Better than LeBron or Shaq at their very best?
I still say no but boy he is making a strong case ....
I do think some are being prisoner of the moment ....but his moment is pretty fucking impressive. Damn.

And like o told u niccas as the season started ...perfect time to suck for my Lakers cuz we have no fucking shot at beating that man Steph ...not last year, this year or next year.

We got one win vs the Dubs ...same as you Spurs btw ...lol

LkrFan
05-10-2016, 05:09 AM
Steph is a legit 2x MVP. I went to bed right before Livingston got ejected. I just knew Scott Foster would tie the series...but nope! 17 OT points by the 2x MVP (most in NBA history BTW) sealed the deal.

What Steph is doing is epic. I'm a fan.

PS - someone needs to bump DMC's shitty thread about him for the LOLZ! :lol

Killakobe81
05-10-2016, 05:39 AM
Steph is a legit 2x MVP. I went to bed right before Livingston got ejected. I just knew Scott Foster would tie the series...but nope! 17 OT points by the 2x MVP (most in NBA history BTW) sealed the deal.

What Steph is doing is epic. I'm a fan.

PS - someone needs to bump DMC's shitty thread about him for the LOLZ! :lol

How can you not be? Steph is that dude who worked on his game ...he is not blessed with Lebrons muscle or kiwi's claws he had to
Work unbelivably hard to be more than just a kerr like spot up shooter.
I am also a curry apologist, not a fan tho
Cant root for him against lakers ...

baseline bum
05-10-2016, 06:54 AM
yea I was about to say it right before you posted earlier today. And it showed today.

Well fuck, I went to sleep in the fourth since I knew Portland would blow it. A 70-80% Curry was the Spurs only shot at ringing this year, and that ship has sailed.

baseline bum
05-10-2016, 07:00 AM
Better than LeBron or Shaq at their very best?
I still say no but boy he is making a strong case ....
I do think some are being prisoner of the moment ....but his moment is pretty fucking impressive. Damn.

Yes, I think he's better than 2000 Shaq, and I watched at least 60% of the Lakers games that season. 73 wins is unreal and his supporting cast is nothing great. Having to guard a guy 35 feet out in unprecedented in NBA history. The way he opens the lane for everyone else with that shooting, turning every Warriors game into a layup drill, I have never seen anything like it. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win every game the rest of the playoffs.

Killakobe81
05-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Yes, I think he's better than 2000 Shaq, and I watched at least 60% of the Lakers games that season. 73 wins is unreal and his supporting cast is nothing great. Having to guard a guy 35 feet out in unprecedented in NBA history. The way he opens the lane for everyone else with that shooting, turning every Warriors game into a layup drill, I have never seen anything like it. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win every game the rest of the playoffs.

Well i guess how you define better.
All round yes steph is better than 2000 Shaq he impacts the game in so many ways.
But when you talk about dominance I dont know that year finally put the effort on defense being in shape and focus that I seriously thought if this was the Shaq we would see from now on not only would the lakers keep ringin' but shaq would not only surpass Kareem but had an outside shot at jordan. I at one point thought the same about LeBron ...as much as i enjoyed Kobe's game and now Steph I never saw either surpassing jordan.

none of them ever truly got close ...but I still cant put steph over those years I mentioned for James /shaq and obviously not over peak jordan.

But the fact it's a discussion says how great steph has been this year.

BTW i saw almost every game that year and attended a couple inperson as well.

Killakobe81
05-10-2016, 07:22 AM
Oh and for the record I am not a huge shaq fan ... in fact that 2000 season almost turned me against him in 2001.
Because I saw how great a a motivated in shape Shaq could be ...and the fact he would get lazy and fat every off-season until he went to Miami that first year pissed me off. As great as he was that whole MVP year he started the next two of the 3 peats slow and fat. Disgusting tbh.

Steph to his credit came back better this year ...:toast

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2016, 11:07 AM
First unanimous MVP ever.

Xevious
05-10-2016, 11:09 AM
First unanimous winner. Very much deserved.

Killakobe81
05-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Awesome. well deserved.
Still think shaq and LeBron also deserved it but Steph was amazing.

lefty
05-10-2016, 11:43 AM
1st unanimous mvp ever?

Fully deserved but unanimous?

:lol other players

:lmao today's NBA

whitemamba
05-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Well deserved, dude is a killer man.

05-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Grats to Eliancito tbh. One of the best seasons ever.

ElNono
05-10-2016, 11:53 AM

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 01:22 PM
steph being upset about having a bad game in the finals is not the same as him "admitting the pressure got to him" from delly's defense

your revisionist history is transparent

Bruh, he was shook. Ain't no need to be a revisionist when the article was published DURING the playoffs.:rolleyes
Besides, he didn't have "a bad game" he had 3 STRAIGHT mediocre games against the Grizzles to start the series.:wakeup
You are the one putting on your 2016 goggles on & being a revisionist.:sleep

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Bruh, he was shook. Ain't no need to be a revisionist when the article was published DURING the playoffs.:rolleyes
Besides, he didn't have "a bad game" he had 3 STRAIGHT mediocre games against the Grizzles to start the series.:wakeup
You are the one putting on your 2016 goggles on & being a revisionist.:sleep
Fine. Show me where curry ADMITTED that delly shook him like you claimed

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Fine. Show me where curry ADMITTED that delly shook him like you claimed

The Warriors spokesperson, Draymond Green:

""We weren't ourselves at all," Green says. "Me catching the ball and not shooting, not having confidence, or Steph not being Steph. We just weren't being us.""

"Finals, nerves, pressure, I don't know what it was (early on)," he said.

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 02:42 PM
:lmao using a green quote to support your bullshit "curry admitted it" line

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 03:27 PM
:lmao using a green quote to support your bullshit "curry admitted it" line

Green is their designated spokesperson, Curry's body language is all you need:wakeup

DAF86
05-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Curry clearly deserved finals MVP last season. Media members got way too cute with that Iguodala vote. If Iguodala won finals MVP for that performance, Manu and Pau should have got finals MVP too.

LkrFan
05-10-2016, 04:07 PM
How can you not be? Steph is that dude who worked on his game ...he is not blessed with Lebrons muscle or kiwi's claws he had to
:toast

UZER
05-10-2016, 04:22 PM

Don't forget he also worked on the moving screens. Dude is driven!

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Green is their designated spokesperson, Curry's body language is all you need:wakeup
:lmao your words "curry admitted the pressure got to him"

revisionist history :tu

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:07 PM
:lmao your words "curry admitted the pressure got to him"

revisionist history :tu

If you want to play straw-man over semantics then knock yourself out. Dude was shook!

DeadlyDynasty
05-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Wait a minute...so you're telling us an NBA player got nervous before his first Finals game? Damn, what a convincing argument you've made

StrengthAndHonor
05-10-2016, 05:19 PM
If you want to play straw-man over semantics then knock yourself out. Dude was shook!
It's not semantics though. You made a baseless claim.

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 05:23 PM
that term

i dont think you know what it means

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:27 PM
that term

i dont think you know what it means

Dumbass, you took the debate from whether Curry was shook to clamoring over a DIRECT quote. He was shook, end of story.

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:29 PM
It's not semantics though. You made a baseless claim.

I made a baseless claim when his TEAMMATE is claiming he was shook:lmao (Not to mention his body language)

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Dumbass, you took the debate from whether Curry was shook to clamoring over a DIRECT quote. He was shook, end of story.
the debate wasn't if he shook. the debate was if "he ADMITTED to being shook"

check your first post i quoted dipshit

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 05:31 PM
:lol

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Curry clearly deserved finals MVP last season. Media members got way too cute with that Iguodala vote. If Iguodala won finals MVP for that performance, Manu and Pau should have got finals MVP too.

Iggy won the MVP b/c he changed the series after being inserted into the lineup, he was the only guy that gave LeBron (the one man wrecking crew) trouble. Curry could have put up his season average & it wouldn't have been enough if LeBron was having his way against Barnes.

Manu/Pau didn't shift the momentum of the series, they were just the most consistent star player.

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:33 PM

Curry's spokesperson:

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/draymond-green-asg.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:35 PM
the debate wasn't if he shook. the debate was if "he ADMITTED to being shook"

check your first post i quoted dipshit

Dipshit, you were arguing he wasn't shook when his OWN TEAMMATE had a DIRECT quote stating he was..proceed w/ your witch hunt. :wakeup

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 05:36 PM
you're shifting goalposts (from curry ADMITTING something to him just being shook) and then playing the bullshit "curry's spokesperson card" :lol... take the L

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Wait a minute...so you're telling us an NBA player got nervous before his first Finals game? Damn, what a convincing argument you've made

The Grizzlies series happened when Draymond had to take a depressed Curry to a bar.

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:38 PM
you're shifting goalposts (from curry ADMITTING something to him just being shook) and then playing the bullshit "curry's spokesperson card" :lol... take the L

You shifted the goalpost asking for a direct quote from Curry instead of his designated spokesperson. You're basically trying to find a way out of this by changing the subject from whether he was shook to witch hunting for a quote.

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 05:40 PM
You shifted the goalpost asking for a direct quote from Curry instead of his designated spokesperson. You're basically trying to find a way out of this by change the subject from whether he was shook to whether there is a direct quote from Wardell.
of course i asked for a direct quote. you specifically said "curry ADMITTED the pressure got to him"

:lol "designated spokesperson" get that shit outta here

you made a baseless claim, i called it out, and now you're just chasing your tail around

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:42 PM
of course i asked for a direct quote. you specifically said "curry ADMITTED the pressure got to him"

:lol "designated spokesperson" get that shit outta here

Curry fessed up to Draymond & the spokesperson relayed the message to the media. Draymond is a straight shooter while Curry is Mr. PC.

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 05:45 PM
the spokesperson
:sleep

StrengthAndHonor
05-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Curry fessed up to Draymond & the spokesperson relayed the message to the media. Draymond is a straight shooter while Curry is Mr. PC.

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:58 PM

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 05:58 PM

StrengthAndHonor
05-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Your age and/or maturity shows every time you enter a conversation.

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Your age and/or maturity shows every time you enter a conversation.

:cry

DAF86
05-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Iggy won the MVP b/c he changed the series after being inserted into the lineup, he was the only guy that gave LeBron (the one man wrecking crew) trouble. Curry could have put up his season average & it wouldn't have been enough if LeBron was having his way against Barnes.

Manu/Pau didn't shift the momentum of the series, they were just the most consistent star player.

It doesn't matter, Curry averaged way better numbers and without him the Warriors wouldn't have won that series. Without Iggy, it would have been more difficult but chances are the Warriors would have still outlasted a depleted Cavs team.

BTW, explain me again how the Spurs match up so well with OKC and will win the series in 5.

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 10:23 PM
It doesn't matter, Curry averaged way better numbers and without him the Warriors wouldn't have won that series. Without Iggy, it would have been more difficult but chances are the Warriors would have still outlasted a depleted Cavs team.
If we're going by numbers then Tim had better numbers than Manu & Kirby had better numbers than Pau.:downspin:

BTW, explain me again how the Spurs match up so well with OKC and will win the series in 5.

DAF86
05-10-2016, 11:00 PM
If we're going by numbers then Tim had better numbers than Manu & Kirby had better numbers than Pau.:downspin:

That doesn't explain what I asked, tbh.

And no, if you pay attention, Timmy didn't have better numbers than Manu and Kobe didn't have better numbers than Pau.

Curry outplayed Iggy by a way bigger margin than any of the others did with their counterparts.

P/S: After being so brutally proven wrong in the thing that you argued the most this season, you should probably lay low for a while with the whole arguing thing, tbh. Specially against me, that I'm rarely wrong, tbph.

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 11:06 PM
P/S: After being so brutally proven wrong in the thing that you argued the most this season, you should probably lay low for a while with the whole arguing thing, tbh. Specially against me, that I'm rarely wrong, tbph.

Bruh, if LMA was going to turn into Softridge when the going got tough then we argued about NOTHING. There is no way they are beating Wardell's squad even if they got a BYE to the WCF w/ that bitch playing wingman.

If it makes you happy then go ahead & throw yourself a party just like LMA does when he gets bounced in the 2nd rd.

DAF86
05-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Bruh, if LMA was going to turn into Softridge when the going got tough then we argued about NOTHING. There is no way they are beating Wardell's squad even if they got a BYE to the WCF w/ that bitch playing wingman.

If it makes you happy then go ahead & throw yourself a party just like LMA does when he gets bounced in the 2nd rd.

I have already replied the LA angle in the other thread. And yes, you better stop spinning and acknowledge that I owned you on this one. You are lucky that I don't remeber which thread it was that we went back and forth arguing this matchup 'cause I remember many pretty painful quotes. It's not like I didn't warn you son, very rarely I'm wrong about something I have a strong feeling about, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 11:18 PM
I have already replied the LA angle in the other thread. And yes, you better stop spinning and acknowledge that I owned you on this one. You are lucky that I don't remeber which thread it was that we went back and forth arguing this matchup 'cause I remember many pretty painful quotes. It's not like I didn't warn you son, very rarely I'm wrong about something I have a strong feeling about, tbh.

Go pop champagne chump

DAF86
05-10-2016, 11:20 PM
Go pop champagne chump

Will do after we win game 7 :toast

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 11:21 PM
Will do after we win game 7 :toast

:bobo

DMC
05-11-2016, 12:08 AM
OP if you petition hard enough you might get your name changed to KillaCurryMVP or something dick sucker like.