PDA

View Full Version : here's five reasons why the spurs will win in 6 against Golden State...

apalisoc_9
05-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Not even worried about OKC. I request that the mods ban my IP address if they dont win against GSW. Was watching Game film last night from all the 4 games they played and heres the 5 reasons. One away game.

1. Pace..The Spurs have succesffully dictated the pace on 3 of their 4 games. The first game this year was an anomaly and even then they were able to control the pace for first quarter. Second game oracle. Bad start but controled the pace in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Four 5-6 points wins is better than 3 blowouts.

2. Tony Parker..The warriors post all star break have been repeatdly raped by Guard play. Specifically, guards that can drive to the basket. Tony has looked spry lately, two decent away games from him can put the warriors in a rough situation.

3. Officiating...Believe it or not, The illegal screens in the playoffs have been called. It seems like the league took notice and are trying to avoid an embarrasment and another wwe reputation.

4. Danny Green is back. Amazing defense. Confident shot. Even when the spurs losing in the RS..our biggest argument is that of Green can go back to hitting threes at a 38% rate, the spurs should be able to punch GSW in the mouth for one away game.

5. The emergence of Aldridge play at the att center. The biggest question mark about aldridge was his inability to play in the playoffs for a real contender and while hes been mediore to bad away, hes been terrific at home. The Spurs should dominate their frontcourt.at home.

Also Major thanks to OKC for sharpening the guys.

spursistan
05-10-2016, 12:38 PM
here's a RIP Apa (2008-2016) wish, so at least you just know.

Having said that, i won't believe in our chances until we split 1-1 at Oracle in two pace-controlled games..

hooperflash
05-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Swag

apalisoc_9
05-10-2016, 12:44 PM
here's a RIP Apa (2008-2016) wish, so at least you just know.

Having said that, i won't believe in our chances until we split 1-1 at Oracle in two pace-controlled games..

I wouls bam myself from the web if i can. Spurs in 6.

Edit: shit..ive been posting here since I was 16-17 :lol

I think I requested the mods to ban my nigga HarlemHeat37 banned three years ago..

Wow.

honestfool84
05-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Wow. No mention of Kawhi... apalisoc_9, I have to had it to you.

that being said... Haha. I think Kawhi has to have a MONSTER series to combat - or try to neutralize - Curry.

spurs10
05-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Not even worried about OKC. I request that the mods ban my IP address if they dont win against GSW. Was watching Game film last night from all the 4 games they played and heres the 5 reasons. One away game.

1. Pace..The Spurs have succesffully dictated the pace on 3 of their 4 games. The first game this year was an anomaly and even then they were able to control the pace for first quarter. Second game oracle. Bad start but controled the pace in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Four 5-6 points wins is better than 3 blowouts.

2. Tony Parker..The warriors post all star break have been repeatdly raped by Guard play. Specifically, guards that can drive to the basket. Tony has looked spry lately, two decent away games from him can put the warriors in a rough situation.

3. Officiating...Believe it or not, The illegal screens in the playoffs have been called. It seems like the league took notice and are trying to avoid an embarrasment and another wwe reputation.

4. Danny Green is back. Amazing defense. Confident shot. Even when the spurs losing in the RS..our biggest argument is that of Green can go back to hitting threes at a 38% rate, the spurs should be able to punch GSW in the mouth for one away game.

5. The emergence of Aldridge play at the att center. The biggest question mark about aldridge was his inability to play in the playoffs for a real contender and while hes been mediore to bad away, hes been terrific at home. The Spurs should dominate their frontcourt.at home.

Also Major thanks to OKC for sharpening the guys. :flag:

apalisoc_9
05-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Kawhi being great that late in the pkayoofs is a given. No need to mention yhe obvious.

honestfool84
05-10-2016, 01:23 PM
^^ True, fair enough. Good point. :claw

neboat
05-10-2016, 01:36 PM
I hope you are right.

Horse
05-10-2016, 01:54 PM
Teams can definitely penetrate against the Warriors. In the post they will have to move quick because they get away with murder but just getting to the rim will be easy against Golden State.

Darius Bieber
05-10-2016, 01:59 PM
I mean, it took overtime and 40 from Curry off the bench for them to defeat the Tr:lolilbl:lolzers.

steeledl
Feels like an insurmountable task beating the warriors in a best of 7. I just want to get past OKC and get a shot at it

spurtech09
Not worried about OKC and the Spurs can beat Golden State.....but because the Nba League wants another illuminati Lebron James vs. the Warriors rematch............The Spurs are not going to make it to the Finals......Spurs are getting ripped by the refs in the OKC series.....So imagine whats going to happen in the 3rd round of the play-offs..........Its all about money and greed for Sports......Yes evil.....Not my cup of tea....

NameLess Scrub
05-10-2016, 02:35 PM

Also Major thanks to OKC for sharpening the guys.

Doubt the league would have a WWE reputation.
The media tends to protect the teams that win.

Also, Spurs are not being sharpened right now. They're being wore down.

Hope you're right though.

Holden_Caulfield
05-10-2016, 03:03 PM
the x factor is tony parker. if he plays well against the dubs we win its that simple.

TDomination
05-10-2016, 03:05 PM
the x factor is tony parker. if he plays well against the dubs we win its that simple.

I was about to post something similar.

Parker can be huge in this series. Seeing him play well in the last 2 games is encouraging. If he could keep it going against the Warriors, that would be HUGE for us.

Brazil
05-10-2016, 03:45 PM
:lol I wish I had this confidence tbh... ballsy move by OP

BillMc
05-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Hats off to OP for some good positive points. As I just said in another thread , I'd look at a Warriors series as an opportunity. Sure the Dubs will be favored, but we get a chance to try and knock off the best team (record wise) in history. If we don't, no big deal. If we DO though, we then get to trounce LeBron again and send Manu and Timmy off in style. It may not happen, but it COULD happen, so all Spurs fans should be excited at the opportunity to make history.

houston spurs fan
05-10-2016, 03:58 PM
OP still not getting enough attention at home, turning to ST. Is it really that ballsy? If right he'll brag. If wrong (which is highly likely) he'll come up with some excuse and continue to post these asenine takes. This is the same guy who advocated to trade Kawhi for Beal and Ariza.

PopTheGOAT
05-10-2016, 04:04 PM
While I don't disagree with this take, OP was saying either Dubs sweep or in 5 a couple weeks ago

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Apo changing his tune. He was indeed saying we'd be wiped. I'd rather have this version of him.
To contribute to his thread: I have been in a sour mood about the Spurs since Timmy started to get benched and looking done. That has me very sad in general so don't mind my negativity, please do keep in mind it's influenced by that.

Truthfully, I can't yet look ahead to the dubs. OKC has my full attention. This thing ain't over yet.

spurs10
05-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Tim will right the ship tonight!

Brazil
05-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Hats off to OP for some good positive points. As I just said in another thread , I'd look at a Warriors series as an opportunity. Sure the Dubs will be favored, but we get a chance to try and knock off the best team (record wise) in history. If we don't, no big deal. If we DO though, we then get to trounce LeBron again and send Manu and Timmy off in style. It may not happen, but it COULD happen, so all Spurs fans should be excited at the opportunity to make history.

exactly... if we play the dubs we have not much to lose tbh... just avoid being swept will be considered ok considering how much they would be favored... now IF we take them out... oh boy

Spur|n|Austin
05-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Apo changing his tune. He was indeed saying we'd be wiped. I'd rather have this version of him.
To contribute to his thread: I have been in a sour mood about the Spurs since Timmy started to get benched and looking done. That has me very sad in general so don't mind my negativity, please do keep in mind it's influenced by that.

Truthfully, I can't yet look ahead to the dubs. OKC has my full attention. This thing ain't over yet.

NameLess Scrub
05-10-2016, 05:19 PM
I have been in a sour mood about the Spurs since Timmy started to get benched and looking done. That has me very sad in general so don't mind my negativity, please do keep in mind it's influenced by that.

SPURt
05-10-2016, 05:48 PM

This. Though it is nice to see a thread with some optimism. Maybe the Spurs do get to the Cavs and we get to see some vintage TD. However, that seems miles away. Should the Spurs go OKC/73 Win Warriors/Cavs, I think it would be the most difficult road to a championship they have had. 2005 in second, and 2014 in 3rd.

random21
05-10-2016, 05:49 PM
I like your bold prediction and hope you're right....

05-10-2016, 05:52 PM
OP knows we won't make it passed OKC so he has no chance of getting banned :lol

But lets say we do make it...we controlled the pace better at home but they had no problems hanging 110+ on us in oracle, and we would hypothetically have to win once, probably twice there. I don't think we have the offense to keep up. We can barely score 100 on a middle of the pack defense like the Thunder. Which leads me to the second point. At home, where we controlled the pace better and held them under 100, we still couldn't score on them and they gave us our only home loss of the regular season.

G-Dawgg
05-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Lmao, they might not even beat OKC. Wait until this serues is over first before you say that stuff....

urunobili
05-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Fuck your jinx thread

tholdren
05-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Fuck your jinx thread
or make a poem about it.

therealtruth
05-10-2016, 08:45 PM
I was about to post something similar.

Parker can be huge in this series. Seeing him play well in the last 2 games is encouraging. If he could keep it going against the Warriors, that would be HUGE for us.

Maybe huge turnovers. He seems to make the bonehead late in the game that costs the Spurs.

kobyz
05-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Well done forum, you gave this piece of shit a stage here, you killed another spurs season!!! Never learn...

spurtech09
05-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Not worried about OKC and the Spurs can beat Golden State.....but because the Nba League wants another illuminati Lebron James vs. the Warriors rematch............The Spurs are not going to make it to the Finals......Spurs are getting ripped by the refs in the OKC series.....So imagine whats going to happen in the 3rd round of the play-offs..........Its all about money and greed for Sports......Yes evil.....Not my cup of tea....Gotta give the refs some love.......

hater
05-11-2016, 07:06 AM
:lmao OP

Massive massive failure

BermudaSooner
05-11-2016, 08:36 AM
In on this thread before it is locked or deleted...

EIC
05-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Well, that was fun . . .

Fireball
05-11-2016, 08:58 AM
I am gonna enjoy my early off-season pancakes with some applesauce ...

TheDoctor
05-16-2016, 10:04 AM
:lmao

It was nice while lasted.