PDA

View Full Version : Tonight could be the last home game of Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili's career

CubanMustGo
05-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Hopefully not, but if worse comes to worst, thank you, gentlemen. It's been an honor to watch you play.

Shastafarian
05-10-2016, 06:22 PM
https://bintransition.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/tumblr_nqum1xohd31tq4of6o1_500.gif

Mugen
05-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Been an amazing ride, no matter what happens in this series tbh.

Darius Bieber
05-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Locks for the Hall of Fame. Truly a pleasure to be able to have seen them play in their primes.

05-10-2016, 06:26 PM
They gave us some great memories ya

Budkin
05-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Fuck. Please win this series Spurs.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-10-2016, 06:31 PM

ElNono
05-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Left it all out there, including a testicle... respect.

05-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Lol

Robz4000
05-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Two of the three best players in franchise history. It's been an honor to watch them play.

Spur|n|Austin
05-10-2016, 06:45 PM
And I could have an aneurysm during the game but I don't tell my wife goodbye before every tip-off!

Let's sack up a little here and hope for the best!

GMFSG!!

SPURt
05-10-2016, 06:49 PM
https://bintransition.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/tumblr_nqum1xohd31tq4of6o1_500.gif
Ha! This

DPG21920
05-10-2016, 06:50 PM
It's crazy to think about. Everyone keeps talking about how this could be Durant's last games as a member of the Thunder, but Tim/Manu may be facing the same thing.

slick'81
05-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Obviously spurs lose tonight series is over .still timmy and manu arent going out like that

100%duncan
05-10-2016, 06:54 PM

r0drig0lac
05-10-2016, 06:55 PM

lefty20
05-10-2016, 06:56 PM

:lol

:bobo

DPG21920
05-10-2016, 06:56 PM
It's something I have been thinking about since the playoffs started. A lot. I really want one more WCF for Tim. Do this for Tim.

urunobili
05-10-2016, 07:13 PM
That's why half the arena is empty? :depressed

Spurs9
05-10-2016, 07:18 PM

The arena is full, its just some lower level empty. The people sitting there show up in the 2nd quarter alot or chill in the resturant.

Uriel
05-10-2016, 07:21 PM
The arena is full, its just some lower level empty. The people sitting there show up in the 2nd quarter alot or chill in the resturant.
Entitled assholes.

Maddog
05-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Entitled assholes.

Almost 2,000 years and nothing has changed

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/Colosseum-profile-english.png

Holden_Caulfield
05-10-2016, 07:32 PM
manu can still play based on this series

Holden_Caulfield
05-10-2016, 07:33 PM
lol can we max whiteside. fuck this rebounding tbh

Spurs9
05-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Entitled assholes.

See they showed up now

Uriel
05-10-2016, 07:54 PM
See they showed up now
Took them long enough. They don't realize how priviliged they are to be even able to watch Spurs games live, while diehard Spurs fans halfway across the globe can only dream of doing so.

Spurs9
05-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Took them long enough. They don't realize how priviliged they are to be even able to watch Spurs games live, while diehard Spurs fans halfway across the globe can only dream of doing so.

I agree, seen it so many time sitting down there, like they need to make some grand entrance

DPG21920
05-10-2016, 08:15 PM

Dude, y'all are harping on the wrong thing. It's damn near full (not everyone in their seats) and the announcers in every game have commented on how loud and crazy it's been there. Give it up.

timtonymanu
05-10-2016, 08:17 PM

urunobili
05-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Dude, y'all are harping on the wrong thing. It's damn near full (not everyone in their seats) and the announcers in every game have commented on how loud and crazy it's been there. Give it up.

Sorry DPG, didn't mean to offend you bro. I was trying to be fun... It just hurt that the expensive seats weren't full at the beginning of the game

tholdren
05-10-2016, 09:04 PM
I actually hope so. They need to go before its evident. Plus it will give SA fans a look at pop's coaching when he doesn't have the best of all time.

DMC
05-10-2016, 09:21 PM
How many times do you want to go watch Tim Duncan sitting on the bench or getting token minutes ala Kareem in his TOSB years? The marketing machine has you all believing in this shit. Tim will be around SA just like David for years to come, and you'll get tired of seeing him. Manu will be around as well. Tim should have retired 2 years ago. If you stay at the table long enough, even if you're the biggest winner ever, you'll eventually lose.

DMC
05-10-2016, 09:24 PM
It's something I have been thinking about since the playoffs started. A lot. I really want one more WCF for Tim. Do this for Tim.
We say that every year. A few years ago it was "I'd be happy if Tim could just make it to the Finals one more time" then when he did it was "I'd be happy if Tim could just win one more ring" then he did and then it was "I'd be happy if Tim could just make the playoffs again, one more time" and he did and now it's "I'd just be happy if Tim could make the WCF before he retires".

We won't be happy that Tim is retiring. When will he be happy?

tmtcsc
05-10-2016, 10:20 PM
For you emotional types, feel free to cry.

IT IS the last home game of their careers and I say BLOW THIS SHIT UP. Keep Leonard and Aldridge and say goodbye to the Big 3 and all the other expendables on the bench. They were once terrific but they've lost the desire and intensity it takes to win a Championship. Diaw clearly doesn't give a shit anymore. TP is obviously happy with 4 rings.

Unfortunately, we were dealt a sorry ass ending to the season. (Yes, I know how to count, but this is over. Game 6 is a foregone conclusion and probably a beat down because this team has no leadership, offense or heart.)

*** Isn't it just like DG to have a big game when no one else does? Isn't it like the Spurs to have their best home record in their history and then lose twice to a rookie coach and two of the league's most selfish players? ***

None of this should be a surprise. In retrospect, I was fooling myself all year thinking the Spurs could beat Golden State. OKC came in and wanted it more. That's it. How many rebounds did Westbrook get on desire alone? Rebounding over David West's sorry ass. Just a disgusting and pathetic performance.

Pop was being diplomatic in the post game press conference. Perhaps he realizes this team as-built is doing the best they can but the inflated record this year was due to a seriously terrible league. The Spurs weren't as good as their record.

In this series, OKC beat the Spurs twice in the AT&T center. They deserve to win this, just like the Clippers did last year. Whenever players like Austin Rivers or Dion Waiters or Steven Adams are the difference makers against the best you have to offer, it's time for a change. This isn't easy or fun to say but this is the end of an era.

Pop and RC need to blow this roster up and get talent that can play with the best teams in the league. These last 3 games have shown that the Spurs can't compete with the Golden State's or Cleveland's of the league. I don't want Tony back. I want the big 3 to be gone now. They need more youth and talent. I hope PATFO has the balls to move Tony’s ass out of here. That, or move him to the bench.

EVERYONE but Aldridge and Leonard should be expendable. The Spurs will have $$ & pieces to make the moves necessary. It may take 2 years.

tmtcsc
05-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Outrebounded by 18? FML.

Dingle Barry
05-10-2016, 10:40 PM
For you emotional types, feel free to cry.

IT IS the last home game of their careers and I say BLOW THIS SHIT UP. Keep Leonard and Aldridge and say goodbye to the Big 3 and all the other expendables on the bench. They were once terrific but they've lost the desire and intensity it takes to win a Championship. Diaw clearly doesn't give a shit anymore. TP is obviously happy with 4 rings.

Unfortunately, we were dealt a sorry ass ending to the season. (Yes, I know how to count, but this is over. Game 6 is a foregone conclusion and probably a beat down because this team has no leadership, offense or heart.)

*** Isn't it just like DG to have a big game when no one else does? Isn't it like the Spurs to have their best home record in their history and then lose twice to a rookie coach and two of the league's most selfish players? ***

None of this should be a surprise. In retrospect, I was fooling myself all year thinking the Spurs could beat Golden State. OKC came in and wanted it more. That's it. How many rebounds did Westbrook get on desire alone? Rebounding over David West's sorry ass. Just a disgusting and pathetic performance.

Pop was being diplomatic in the post game press conference. Perhaps he realizes this team as-built is doing the best they can but the inflated record this year was due to a seriously terrible league. The Spurs weren't as good as their record.

In this series, OKC beat the Spurs twice in the AT&T center. They deserve to win this, just like the Clippers did last year. Whenever players like Austin Rivers or Dion Waiters or Steven Adams are the difference makers against the best you have to offer, it's time for a change. This isn't easy or fun to say but this is the end of an era.

Pop and RC need to blow this roster up and get talent that can play with the best teams in the league. These last 3 games have shown that the Spurs can't compete with the Golden State's or Cleveland's of the league. I don't want Tony back. I want the big 3 to be gone now. They need more youth and talent. I hope PATFO has the balls to move Tony’s ass out of here. That, or move him to the bench.

EVERYONE but Aldridge and Leonard should be expendable. The Spurs will have $$ & pieces to make the moves necessary. It may take 2 years.

You got to be kidding. It's not desire or intensity. Their bodies are just old.

tmtcsc
05-10-2016, 10:42 PM
You got to be kidding. It's not desire or intensity. Their bodies are just old.

What's Diaw's excuse?

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 03:16 AM
I felt like the team was too old all season and the young guys we had other than LMA and Kawhi were limited roleplayers (Danny and Mills) or marginal young players still developing (Kyle, Simmons, Boban). Ultimately this was the last ride with the old core + the reinforcement by LMA. From now on it should be on the younger guys and yes you have to build around them (LMA, Kawhi) and find guys that complement them. We need youth, athleticism. We needed it even this season. This is as far as this group goes sadly but it was great. 2014 was sublime. Sad to see Timmy this diminished, Manu with 3 pts in a 5th game tied 2-2... It's LMA and Kawhi now. Can't rely on the old big 3.

phxspurfan
05-11-2016, 04:27 AM
None of this should be a surprise. In retrospect, I was fooling myself all year thinking the Spurs could beat Golden State.

GS is a once in a generation team. They have the right mix of talent, coaching, youth, and hunger. I would have been happy just to play them in the WCF.