PDA

View Full Version : Starters did their job.

midnightpulp
05-10-2016, 09:30 PM
Bench was outscored by 9 fucking points. There's your game, folks.

Parker and LMA will get blamed, but LMA carried us in game 2, a game 2 the Spurs should have won if anyone else showed up. And Parker played exceptionally on the road.

If only that shit-tier bench could do something. Where's our Dion Waiters and Kanter? No one in that group seems to be able to score above 11 fuckin' points.

itzsoweezee
05-10-2016, 09:36 PM
If Kyle Anderson plays another fucking minute this series, I may just quit watching until Popovich retires.

Keepin' it real
05-10-2016, 09:36 PM
I really thought it was over on the Kawhi steal slam.

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 09:40 PM

Parker and LMA will get blamed, but LMA carried us in game 2, a game 2 the Spurs should have won if anyone else showed up. And Parker played exceptionally on the road.

If only that shit-tier bench could do something. Where's our Dion Waiters and Kanter? No one in that group seems to be able to score above 11 fuckin' points.
what the fuck are you even talking about. what does LMA's game 2 performance have anything to do with him being blamed today?

05-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Price of getting Aldirdge. The Spurs cleared the entire bench for him - Marco, Joseph, Baynes, and Splitter. Spurs put all their trust in Mills and Diaw and they failed to deliver.

Hopefully the Spurs can go back to building a decent bench next season.

DeRozan m8
05-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Parker is fucking cancer.

Take more low % shots when we need a basket the most...you stupid French f*ck.

nice ft choke too.

pathetic.

tholdren
05-10-2016, 09:48 PM
what the fuck are you even talking about. what does LMA's game 2 performance have anything to do with him being blamed today?
this

LMA 22 for 60 in the past 3 games... he can eat a dick

midnightpulp
05-10-2016, 09:49 PM

You can't expect your star players to play high scoring, efficient basketball every game. LMA delivered in the first 2 games, and this is probably a different series if the Spurs go up 2-0. You can't waste those kind of opportunities, because as the series goes on, the opponent will focus more and more of their defense on the star player(s) that was beating them. That's when the role players need to step up (props to LDN for having a sack :tu).

He's going to get blamed, Harlem will probably smugly bump his own thread, but LMA more or less equalized Durant in this game. Our starters beat their starters by 5 points. What happened to that "explosive" bench?

The real culprit of why we lost this series will get lost in the LMA and Parker hate (and yes, that little shit could've played better and made some awful decisions). The bench.

SouthernFried
05-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Game should not have been close. Thunder tried to give it away all game long.

Diaw and West really have disappointed. They can't play D or Rebound at all. Would have rather had Boban in there. Can't fault Danny and even Parker played better. We just got absolutely nothing from the bench...which played well all year.

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 09:54 PM
You can't expect your star players to play high scoring, efficient basketball every game. LMA delivered in the first 2 games, and this is probably a different series if the Spurs go up 2-0. You can't waste those kind of opportunities, because as the series goes on, the opponent will focus more and more of their defense on the star player(s) that was beating them. That's when the role players need to step up (props to LDN for having a sack :tu).

He's going to get blamed, Harlem will probably smugly bump his own thread, but LMA more or less equalized Durant in this game. Our starters beat their starters by 5 points. What happened to that "explosive" bench?

The real culprit of why we lost this series will get lost in the LMA and Parker hate (and yes, that little shit could've played better and made some awful decisions). The bench.
22-60 in the last 3 games, mid.

i'm not expecting him to shoot 15-20 or anything. but 6/20 today? or 21, whatever it was. unacceptable from a maxed out star no matter what

AFMadison
05-10-2016, 09:54 PM
I blame the role player performances on the offensive strategy not the individuals.

.G.
05-10-2016, 09:55 PM
The bench sure did shit the bed. Too many things went okcs way. Lucky bounces, shots, many questionable calls...too much to overcome in this game.

timtonymanu
05-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Patty missing wide open 3s per par.
West bringing nothing.
Fathead still sucks.
Diaw couldn't play in this series.

I still can't hate Manu. It seems like Pop refuses to play him at this point.

midnightpulp
05-10-2016, 09:57 PM
this

LMA 22 for 60 in the past 3 games... he can eat a dick

Westbrook has been even more atrocious. And aside from that 41 point effort, Durant has been sub-par. Difference is they get consistent role player scoring EVERY game. Adams is basically guaranteed to score 10-15 points. Kanter is beating the shit of the the Turd Towers 2.0, Ibaka has played will, and Waiters has played two solid games in a row.

Meanwhile, our bench scores 11 points on 5-18 shooting.

midnightpulp
05-10-2016, 10:01 PM
22-60 in the last 3 games, mid.

i'm not expecting him to shoot 15-20 or anything. but 6/20 today? or 21, whatever it was. unacceptable from a maxed out star no matter what

Westbrook is shooting .333 this series. So how come they can fade one of their stars going to complete offensive shit?

Yes, I know Westbrook is a playmaker, but he has been killing OKC this series.

$pursDynasty
Spurs are too bench dependent. It is good for resting players in the regular season, but in the playoffs, you have to shrink your rotations. Pop handles the playoffs like the regular season. You never see the Thunderefs without either Russ or Kevin in the game. Pop however will sit his best 4 offensive options , LMA, KL TP and DG for extended minutes.

KimmyGib
Spurs best 3 rebounders are starters. Patty Mills led bench rebounding, and still had fewer total than Kanter's offensive boards alone. They were destroyed by second chance opportunities. David West with his patented momentum killing retard fouls really hurt too.

YGWHI
05-10-2016, 10:25 PM

I posted before the game that I miss the times when our bench was our biggest advantage in playoffs...

But you can't say THE STARTERS did their job.

Only Kawhi and Danny, just .20% of SL.

Tim 1-6 Parker 4-12 LMA 6-21

Depressing