PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green

timtonymanu
05-10-2016, 09:44 PM
If we are getting Durant (why would he come here at this point?), it would be shitty to lose the only role player worth bringing back next season. Dump Patty, dump Diaw/West instead.

Mugen
05-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Keep those niggas and trade away that french piece of shit at PG tbh

.G.
05-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Parker with terrible decision making in the last minute of the game. Just fucking terrible.

05-10-2016, 09:53 PM
:lol our record is pretty ridiculous when Green hits 3 or more threes. Can always count on the Spurs to choke against all odds.

:lol Pop

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Sucks that half the fanbase wants him benched or traded every year, while they shower praise on soft chokers that consistently don't show up in big games, tbh:lol

spursistan
05-10-2016, 11:25 PM
Anybody comparing Mills 2 fluke series to playoff Green :lmao...

He is severely limited in basic talent, but holy fuck, he has come up huge more often than not for us in 5 playoffs runs..He was little off/underwleming last year, but still went down swinging in Game 7 against the Clippers.

EIC
05-10-2016, 11:31 PM
Kawhi and Aldridge. Everyone else is expendable, IMO. Tear it down and rebuild with them as the core, IMO. (I assume Duncan and Ginobili are done.)

Darius Bieber
05-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Agreed. Danny has had some slumps but he's been there when it matters. Our second best perimeter defender too. If we are getting Durant, perhaps Bud and the Hawks can do us another solid and trade Schroeder for Parker+Diaw.

K...
05-10-2016, 11:34 PM
Greens effort makes him very tradeable though. We can't be sentimental. If we get a better return we have to go for it. Even if we don't get durant i take calls for green.

Harry Callahan
05-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Kawhi and Aldridge. Everyone else is expendable, IMO. Tear it down and rebuild with them as the core, IMO. (I assume Duncan and Ginobili are done.)

Start completely over huh? Stupid. The Spurs need some younger legs to go with KL and LMA. A quick point guard who can break down a defense would be nice. The Spurs may have some cap flexibility if they play their cards right the next two summers.

There is overpaid dead weight on this roster now. Some of it needs to go. There are some good players here that need to get healthy and get in shape.

larrychen21
05-10-2016, 11:36 PM
it's impossible to trade parker. Who's dumb enough to absorb his $15M?

EIC
05-10-2016, 11:37 PM
Start completely over huh? Stupid. The Spurs need some younger legs to go with KL and LMA. A quick point guard who can break down a defense would be nice.

I'm not saying we should trade or release everyone other than LMA and KL just for the hell of it. But assuming TD and Ginobili retire, no one outside the big two is sacred.

Harry Callahan
05-10-2016, 11:38 PM
Start completely over huh? Stupid. The Spurs need some younger legs to go with KL and LMA. A quick point guard who can break down a defense would be nice. The Spurs may have some cap flexibility if they play their cards right the next two summers.

There is overpaid dead weight on this roster now. Some of it needs to go. There are some good players here that need to get healthy and get in shape. I like what Danny Green brings for example.

Boban needs to be in the rotation next year. They should have money to sign him,

DMC
05-10-2016, 11:39 PM
I saw some things tonight between KD and Spurs players that made me scratch my head. Spurs guys running over to help KD up when he fell, KD tapping KL on the back of the head after the chasedown foul (looked clean to me), that stuff makes conspiracy thoughts more active, that's for sure, but it could just be that these guys realize it's a game and many here don't.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-10-2016, 11:41 PM
I saw some things tonight between KD and Spurs players that made me scratch my head. Spurs guys running over to help KD up when he fell, KD tapping KL on the back of the head after the chasedown foul (looked clean to me), that stuff makes conspiracy thoughts more active, that's for sure, but it could just be that these guys realize it's a game and many here don't.

Put down the bong son.

DMC
We always say "blow it up" but Pop never does. He won't this time either. This squad won 67 games. You don't blow that up. You tweak it. You don't destroy the 3rd or 4th best team in the NBA just because you lost in the 2nd round.

baseline bum

The Hawks took Shitter, anything is possible.

Leetonidas
Keep Green and trade fat fuck and the midget

baseline bum
05-10-2016, 11:44 PM
We always say "blow it up" but Pop never does. He won't this time either. This squad won 67 games. You don't blow that up. You tweak it. You don't destroy the 3rd or 4th best team in the NBA just because you lost in the 2nd round.

No Duncan, no Ginobili, and Parker's contract is the biggest impediment to improving the team. Whether Pop likes it or not this team is almost certainly going to look very different next year. The only way they end up looking like this year's team again is if Duncan says his January injury was a fluke that he can rehab in the summer and be ready for a full season. But it looks like the wheels have fallen off, and I expect him to retire. :depressed

K...
05-10-2016, 11:45 PM

not as impossible as you think. With the cap rising and teams not finding good value with inflated salaries for mid tier talent they might take our inflated salaried mid tier talent as a desperation move.

The issue is trading him for value. A straight salary dump is probably less likely (unless we are clearing for a Durant) so you have to think about the value of a return player and the hole at PG you just created.

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 11:45 PM
He's not coming here if they win.

K...
05-10-2016, 11:47 PM

we have always been capped out with the big three. Now we have the soft two. There is potential money and tons of holes on the 2016 team. they will blow it up at least a little, maybe a lot.

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 11:48 PM
I agree with you. Tim a d Manu are retiring though so we will get an addition or two in FA. It might not be a big name. I would settle for a good rim protector/rebounder and a combo guard who has a scoring mentality and can slash. Simmons looks like he could be that, but it's unknown. He'll be 27 next season. We could use someone more seasoned.

NASpurs
05-10-2016, 11:49 PM

And he would come here if they lose?

Darius Bieber
05-10-2016, 11:50 PM

People were under the "can't beat 'em, join 'em" impression. Ring chasing basically.

DMC
05-10-2016, 11:51 PM
we have always been capped out with the big three. Now we have the soft two. There is potential money and tons of holes on the 2016 team. they will blow it up at least a little, maybe a lot.

KL isn't soft, he's just not free to be anything else. He's in a rigid system and he has to play rover while the rest of the team is doing synchronized swimming. You can't blow it up a little. That's called making some adjustments, tweaking. You either blow it up or you don't. The Spurs will keep TP, KL, LMA, Tim (if he opts in), Manu (if he wants to return, which I doubt), Patty Mills (they have no other real back PG and lol Kevin Martin.. no.) and a few others. I think West bolts. I think Anderson sticks around, but they need some outside shooting and a legitimate passing PG. Tony cannot attack the rim any more so he's basically a "get my own shot" short range jump shooter and you can find those anywhere. Cory Joseph would be a step up.

DMC
05-10-2016, 11:53 PM
If they win a ring, probably not. But when he gets destroyed by GS, I doubt he's going to want to go be 2nd fiddle to the Curry show. He'd be 1st option in SA with some serious backup. The only problem would be that he would need to play defense. If he leaves OKC, I can see him in Miami or LA or NY. Back home maybe... maybe. Not much else. GS would be a knee slapper. Why even play if you're other teams?

afireinside20
05-10-2016, 11:53 PM
Wasted great performance from Danny Green. Poor guy, alot of people talk shit about him and when he finally shows up, everybody else sucks.

EIC
05-10-2016, 11:55 PM

I hear that, but we may not have much choice if TD and Ginobili don't come back.

SAGirl
05-10-2016, 11:56 PM
Personally I have been skeptical he comes here at all, but I indulge the talk. No reason to join guys he vanquished though.

EIC

I saw the same stuff and had the same thought.

YGWHI
KL isn't soft, he's just not free to be anything else. He's in a rigid system and he has to play rover while the rest of the team is doing synchronized swimming. You can't blow it up a little. That's called making some adjustments, tweaking. You either blow it up or you don't. The Spurs will keep TP, KL, LMA, Tim (if he opts in), Manu (if he wants to return, which I doubt), Patty Mills (they have no other real back PG and lol Kevin Martin.. no.) and a few others. I think West bolts. I think Anderson sticks around, but they need some outside shooting and a legitimate passing PG. Tony cannot attack the rim any more so he's basically a "get my own shot" short range jump shooter and you can find those anywhere. Cory Joseph would be a step up.

Agree. Sadly, they won't trade Parker.

NASpurs
05-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Personally I have been skeptical he comes here at all, but I indulge the talk. No reason to join guys he vanquished though.

And why would he join the guys that he lost to? As a competitor, that makes you look weak. Without knowing Durant, anyone can spin this however they want.

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 12:00 AM
Agree with you again on all fronts.

DMC
05-11-2016, 12:01 AM
No Duncan, no Ginobili, and Parker's contract is the biggest impediment to improving the team. Whether Pop likes it or not this team is almost certainly going to look very different next year. The only way they end up looking like this year's team again is if Duncan says his January injury was a fluke that he can rehab in the summer and be ready for a full season. But it looks like the wheels have fallen off, and I expect him to retire. :depressed

We'd need to get a 2nd big to spell LMA. We currently don't have anyone if West walks and Diaw becomes a barista. Tim has 7m on the table that only requires he sign. He probably won't though because he's taken pay cuts so he's not a money guy. Manu could play another season because he's still one of the best players in the game when he's healthy. But he almost retired last year so he's probably done this season, especially if Pop showed his ass after game 4.

Harry Callahan
05-11-2016, 12:02 AM
It is kind of amazing that TP, MG, and TD were still out there on the floor together at this point in time (2016). They are guys who have done so much for San Antonio, but it's starting to look like the page needs to turn for next year.

LMA and KL are really good building blocks for a successful team. There are other pieces worth keeping here like Danny Green and Patty Mills.

I'm afraid the Spurs will be fighting hard next year to top 50 wins given the inevitable changes coming for this roster.

larrychen21
05-11-2016, 12:13 AM
not as impossible as you think. With the cap rising and teams not finding good value with inflated salaries for mid tier talent they might take our inflated salaried mid tier talent as a desperation move.

The issue is trading him for value. A straight salary dump is probably less likely (unless we are clearing for a Durant) so you have to think about the value of a return player and the hole at PG you just created.

he's turning 34 in couple days though...

NASpurs
05-11-2016, 12:21 AM
I'm afraid the Spurs will be fighting hard next year to top 50 wins given the inevitable changes coming for this roster.

The West is really bad though. The Spurs also have a top five player(second best player if you go by MVP voting) and a top fifteen player. Fifty should be easy to get I think, assuming the right moves were made in the off season and the players are healthy. Whether they're a championship contender is a different story. Those two goals are worlds apart.

tmtcsc
05-11-2016, 12:28 AM
1. Take calls for everyone not named Leonard or Aldridge.
2. Change the offense back to one with motion, ball sharing and a faster pace.
3. Go get some young legs that can actually jump and rebound.
4. Find perimeter shooters.
5. Find defenders.
6. Find a PG that can get in the lane for easy buckets and hit jumpers.

There you go. We have 2 All Stars, now the Spurs need to go get role players who compete.

Keepin' it real
05-11-2016, 12:39 AM
5. Find defenders.

There you go. We have 2 All Stars, now the Spurs need to go get role players who compete.

Be sure to share your insights with 2016 NBA executive of the year R.C. Buford. I'm sure he needs help and will appreciate your point of view.

tmtcsc
05-11-2016, 01:03 AM
Be sure to share your insights with 2016 NBA executive of the year R.C. Buford. I'm sure he needs help and will appreciate your point of view.

Lol, that whole fucking team needs help. Will do.

J_Paco
05-11-2016, 01:04 AM
5. Find defenders.

7. Don't waste draft picks on "draft and stash" players. They need to find one or maybe two players that can play in the rotation next season.

8. Bring over and sign one or two of your international prospects. Davis Bertans (and possibly Nikola Milutinov) needs to be in a Spurs jersey next season.

9. Find the successor to Parker either in the draft or free agency. Mills time in San Antonio should be over and Parker needs to take Ginobili's role as 6th man, ASAP.

10. Either or both of Diaw and West need to be jettisoned from the roster.

11. A better constructed roster overall with more youth, versatility and most of all SIZE.....

Hoops Czar
05-11-2016, 01:06 AM

They should really stop giving that award.

Sean Cagney
05-11-2016, 01:30 AM

Nobody is going to at this point in his career tbh. You wont get shit for him anyways so what is the point in saying trade Tony over and over in here. Who is PG then? Patty :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2016, 01:33 AM
They should really stop giving that award.

:lol

Brian Windhorst
05-11-2016, 01:37 AM
Jazz want to win now, are desperate for an experienced PG, and could absorb him with straight cap room next year. They also pick at the tail end of the lottery, maybe we could pry that away from them for Tony.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Jazz want to win now, are desperate for an experienced PG, and could absorb him with straight cap room next year. They also pick at the tail end of the lottery, maybe we could pry that away from them for Tony.

Who is we? You are a timberwolves fan... Or did you forget to switch back to your main account

Brian Windhorst
05-11-2016, 01:40 AM
Who is we? You are a timberwolves fan... Or did you forget to switch back to your main account
:toast

spursistan
05-11-2016, 11:57 AM
The Spurs lost two home games in the series when (a) Green hit 6 3PTs (b) another player scoring +40..

I just don't think there is a coming back from this..

spursistan
05-13-2016, 12:49 AM
Overall very solid playoffs..he played with great fire and guarded Durant as well as anybody and should have logged more minutes with his shot falling..

He is a keeper unless a big fish like KD is available..Spurs need more these proven post-season performers..enough of fake tough guys and serial chokers..

timtonymanu
05-13-2016, 12:55 AM
Lol at all the faggots that wanted a scrubs like Simmons to take over Green.