PDA

View Full Version : What a disgrace to blow this series

baseline bum
05-10-2016, 10:01 PM
I expected the Warriors to skullfuck the Spurs in 5, as they're the best team I have ever seen. But to lose to this Thunder team that makes the stupidest mistakes at the end of games. Durant throwing that ball away with 30 seconds left should have been game, what a massive choke by OKC. And yet the Spurs find a way to make two even worse plays and give the game back. Waiters throwing the fucking ball away at the end of Game 2 should have been a Spurs win. This OKC team isn't good, they're making the same idiotic mistakes they made all season at the end of games. And yet this team can't make them pay for it even though every other team in the league has this year. SMH, the 2016 Spurs join the 2006 Pistons and 2007 Mavs in the parthenon of regular season wonders who can win a lot of games when they don't mean anything.

timtonymanu
05-10-2016, 10:02 PM
I agree. Losing to the Dubs would have been fine. But the Spurs were a 67 win team and are about to lose to this OKC team who would get swept by the Dubs. :lol

noles1983
05-10-2016, 10:02 PM
how do we win all but one home game the entire fucking season and lose 2 in a series? choking fucks.

SpursFan86
05-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Legitimately embarrassing. Like you said, I would've been fine with losing to GS, even if it wasn't a very competitive series. But this shit? Nah, there's no reason we should lose to this OKC team.

Big Dog
05-10-2016, 10:04 PM
It's okay baseline bum. Just relax. Root for the Thunder the rest of the way

ElNono
Execution has been terrible with this team. Some people will blame the new players, but we had timeouts to set plays and what not. We just don't really have a steady hand under pressure anymore.

mexicanjunior
We have a shit team, what did you expect...

.G.
God awful rotations on defense. Transition d is an open layup invitation.

Rebounding is what really fucked them in the ass.

Horse
05-10-2016, 10:05 PM
how do we win all but one home game the entire fucking season and lose 2 in a series? choking fucks.
Good question think real hard you'll find the answer.

Mugen
05-10-2016, 10:06 PM
:lol Is it wrong that I'm not really surprised tbh? It's a miracle this team won even close to 67 games, speaks to how garbage the league is right now....

Spurs have a chance to be really good the next 2-3 years but they're carrying a lot of dead weight on the team, as exposed in this series tbh......

The Reckoning
05-10-2016, 10:07 PM
too many actors trying to get the hot hand so everyone is cold.

need to bring back a system with 3 go-to guys and everyone else as role players.

Spur|n|Austin
05-10-2016, 10:08 PM
We have a shit team, what did you expect...

67 win "shit team" lol ok

Choke job in the playoffs against a more Alpha team? Yep.

Capt Bringdown
05-10-2016, 10:09 PM
At least these games have been competitive. Disappointing, yes, to a soul-crushing degree, but a shot or rebound here or there could have made the difference.

How is that less a disgrace than getting nuked by GSW?

Part of GSW's success against us is that they have set up shop inside the Spur's heads. That's fucking disgraceful, imo.

in2deep
:lol this meltdown :lol

Darius McCrary
How many times have we all been on this forum witnessing what we thought was a legit Spurs contender get exposed in the playoffs?

How many times have we all been on this forum witnessing the refs fuck the spurs in the playoffs?

How many times have we all been on this forum witnessing the spurs inability to persevere from adversity, and implode like bitches against a team they should have beaten?

Everything after 2014 is supposed to be house money.
Kawhi is passive and afraid of contact.
LaMarcus is the playoff LaMarcus we all knew he was.

Our old guys are old.

Mills is broken.

At least we still got the LDN.

Robz4000
05-10-2016, 10:10 PM
Haven't been excited about this team all season. The flame just isn't there and it starts at the top. Time to start over with a new coach.

mexicanjunior
05-10-2016, 10:11 PM
:lol this meltdown :lol

Not a meltdown, just reality finally settling in for the Pollyanna's thinking the Spurs were a title contender...

baseline bum
05-10-2016, 10:13 PM
At least these games have been competitive. Disappointing, yes, to a soul-crushing degree, but a shot or rebound here or there could have made the difference.

How is that less a disgrace than getting nuked by GSW?

Part of GSW's success against us is that they have set up shop inside the Spur's heads. That's fucking disgraceful, imo.

Did you miss the part about the Warriors being a 73 win team with a guy who is automatic from 35 feet out? And the part about the Thunder choking two games and the Spurs giving them right back?

Harry Callahan
67 win "shit team" lol ok

Choke job in the playoffs against a more Alpha team? Yep.

OKC has a bunch of dumbasses that can't get along unless everything is running smoothly. F 'em. The refs did their dirty work throughout the game and the Spurs screwed up the end of the game like a bunch of rookies.

Tony Parker had no business shooting the shots he took. Leonard needed to force his will on this thing. This is more frustrating than last year because we have a better team, but they did not play together.

spurtech09
Who cares its just a game people...get a grip bro's........

Darius Bieber
Not a meltdown, just reality finally settling in for the Pollyanna's thinking the Spurs were a title contender...

davidbowie
05-10-2016, 10:14 PM
remember game 1? that was cool

da_suns_fan
05-10-2016, 10:15 PM
A 67 win team losing to a 55 win team would truly be a disgrace.

Imagine a 55 win team losing to a 32 win team.

noles1983
05-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Haven't been excited about this team all season. The flame just isn't there and it starts at the top. Time to start over with a new coach.

I tend to agree, pops shitty media treating, rude ass old man schtick is getting fucking old

unleashbaynes
05-10-2016, 10:16 PM
Yeah Aldridge was a massive piece of shit tonight

jermaine
05-10-2016, 10:21 PM
I just wish Pop would use the damn bench!!!

Dingle Barry
05-10-2016, 10:23 PM
I tend to agree, pops shitty media treating, rude ass old man schtick is getting fucking old

Yeah we need a coach who's nicer to reporters:madrun

noles1983
05-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Yeah we need a coach who's nicer to reporters:madrun

i would settle for not a piece of shit towards people

baseline bum
05-10-2016, 10:26 PM
i would settle for not a piece of shit towards people

I would settle for not playing a fucking bigman with one rebound heavy fourth quarter minutes with the season on the line

kobyz
05-10-2016, 10:27 PM
What you expected from the most loser franchise and most naive coach of all time who is the best of all time at losing serieses with HCA... Last season when Pop didn't take that season seriously with his full of himself and soft act, didn't tried his best after a title season, i told you then it not only to fucked up one season, it will also have a lasting damage and now you see it...

DMC
05-10-2016, 10:30 PM
1st year team for the most part. You see guys out there not knowing what to do. Tim being in the PnR with Tony reminds me of a man with no arm reaching to scratch it. When Tim can't finish, and when Pop decides for some unknown reason to abandon LMA's deadly jump shot in favor of a post up game against a team that runs the ball back at you leaving your bigs stranded at the opposite end, you know the wheels came off upstairs with Pop. Tony just looks like a chihuahua with cataracts running into furniture he's accustomed to avoiding due to simple memory, but someone moved the furniture.

Danny gets hot, gets Tissoted over and over. KL gets ignored for a large portion of the game. David West getting too many touches, and Boris Diaw quit in November.

I cannot believe this team won 67 games. How shitty must the league be?

da_suns_fan
05-10-2016, 10:30 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3931087/parkerft_medium.gif

DMC
05-10-2016, 10:32 PM

Imagine missing the playoffs again. Wait... you don't have to.

DMC
05-10-2016, 10:33 PM
:lol Is it wrong that I'm not really surprised tbh? It's a miracle this team won even close to 67 games, speaks to how garbage the league is right now....

Spurs have a chance to be really good the next 2-3 years but they're carrying a lot of dead weight on the team, as exposed in this series tbh......

truthnuke.gif

Spur|n|Austin
05-10-2016, 10:33 PM
I just wish Pop would use the damn bench!!!

That was the problem!!

If if you watched you would have seen he used too much KA, West, and Patty.

da_suns_fan
05-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Imagine missing the playoffs again. Wait... you don't have to.

Imagine losing to an eighth seed. Wait...you dont have to. :lol

Capt Bringdown
05-10-2016, 10:34 PM

I agree about the excitement. Just wasn't feeling this season. Strange, considering the record.
In other championship years, you could feel it, save for 2007.
I think we backed into that one.
Unfortunately, lightning doesn't strike twice.

Keepin' it real
05-10-2016, 10:36 PM
I'd rather the Spurs lose like this than get humiliated in the WCF by GS. 2001 WCF humiliation was enough to last a lifetime.

baseline bum
05-10-2016, 10:36 PM
At least Curry is looking strong. As a Spurs fan this should would have really been haunting if he was at 50% or something. Almost as haunting as blowing the Dallas series and a sure title in 06.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2016, 10:38 PM
Spurs were -300 favs to win this series:lmao

I'll have to look at the numbers, but I doubt I'll find many series' they lost in the Duncan era as heavier favs..Memphis, obviously, but i will have to look up the rest..

dg7md
05-10-2016, 10:39 PM

Doesn't matter. The Thunder have always given us trouble and they have two of the top 10 players in the game. I wouldn't be shocked to see them give GSW some trouble if they do beat us.

therealtruth
05-10-2016, 10:40 PM
Did they just guarantee a Warriors repeat?