PDA

View Full Version : OKC is a great team

K...
05-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Yeah, their record doesn't suggest it and they will get swept by GSW or the cavs.

But they have two top 10 players and legit athletic role players with size.

Their lack of sophistication and focus is moot when they have firepower and energy.

This is not a rookie team. They've been in the playoffs consistently for five years. And they are 100% healthy.

Definitely not a perfect team, but their shortcomings are far less than the spurs. You can't say their talent is less than ours after the first 5 games. Their talent underperformed in the past. ours overperformed.

baseline bum
05-10-2016, 11:06 PM
OKC is not a great team, they tried to throw Games 2, 3, and 5 away in the last minute. The Spurs were just even stupider and only took their gift in Game 3.

sananspursfan21
05-10-2016, 11:07 PM
I mean....kinda....?

They choked like ten RS games iirc, but they were a historically great rebounding team and its continued in the postseason.

RD2191
Not really, they're just way younger and their 2 best players are better SCORERS than our best players.

skut_farkus
They have one of the worst supporting casts in recent memory. And a defense you could hang 110 on with ease

ViceCity86
05-10-2016, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=K...;8580207] they will get swept by GSW or the cavs.

Some great team.

Spurs 4 The Win
Yeah, their record doesn't suggest it and they will get swept by GSW or the cavs.

Their lack of sophistication and focus is moot when they have firepower and energy.

This is not a rookie team. They've been in the playoffs consistently for five years. And they are 100% healthy.

Definitely not a perfect team, but their shortcomings are far less than the spurs. You can't say their talent is less than ours after the first 5 games. Their talent underperformed in the past. ours overperformed.

Lol, a couple of ref calls here or there and Spurs have won in 5 and we are preparing for Golden State.

mexicanjunior
They are not a great team...we are just a shitty team.

baseline bum
Spurs fan needs to stop rationalizing this shit. This is incredibly embarrassing to be getting handled by the Thunder. This would be like losing to the Blazers in 2014.

sananspursfan21
Extraordinarily beatable. They'll crumble severely against the Warriors. I still think the Spurs are the best match up against the Warriors....regardless of this series.

tmtcsc
05-10-2016, 11:09 PM
A great team? OKC?

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/42/89/45854cfe0bf05cc9c54bd72823aa4da2.gif

Nah, we're losing to a shitty TEAM with 2 great players.

EIC
05-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Don't be misled. OKC is better than the Blazers or Houston, but they overachieve against the Spurs. Scrubs like Waiters and Ibaka go Legend Mode against the Spurs, but they will fade to black against GS. The Warriors take them in 5. (The Warriors will have an off shooting night one of the two games at OKC.)

T Park
05-10-2016, 11:10 PM
OKC is not a great team, they tried to throw Games 2, 3, and 5 away in the last minute. The Spurs were just even stupider and only took their gift in Game 3.

I can somewhat agree with this.

Series should be over and Spurs should be preparing for GS

tmtcsc
05-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Spurs fan needs to stop rationalizing this shit. This is incredibly embarrassing to be getting handled by the Thunder. This would be like losing to the Blazers in 2014.

Right there with ya.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eM1_8Xu6SD8/U5e-6SAPXXI/AAAAAAAAHZE/RpNn6vBRE3k/s1600/KawhiLeonard+.gif

skut_farkus
Extraordinarily beatable. They'll crumble severely against the Warriors. I still think the Spurs are the best match up against the Warriors....regardless of this series.

Couldn't score more than 91 pts against the thunders defense, Imagine draymond guarding aldridge or parker guarding curry? :lol warriors wrap it up in 4 possibly 5

T Park

Ehhhh, id have to look for another comparison.

Maybe losing to Seattle in 2005. Or Utah in 2007

dg7md
05-10-2016, 11:12 PM
The Thunder are an excellent team. They are making us look like frauds and jokes. Stealing homecourt from us when we just lost one game at home all year.

Good luck in the WCF. I hope Durant breaks through.

tmtcsc
Don't be misled. OKC is better than the Blazers or Houston, but they overachieve against the Spurs. Scrubs like Waiters and Ibaka go Legend Mode against the Spurs, but they will fade to black against GS. The Warriors take them in 5. (The Warriors will have an off shooting night one of the two games at OKC.)

5? They'll get swept. Just like Miami or Toronto against Cleveland. Finals Rematch coming and it will be more entertaining than watching the Spurs shitty offense over-pass and slow the pace of the game.

RD2191
It's fukin pathetic. The Thunder are a trash team, we may just be trashier though.

Their 8.4 rebounding differential was by far the best in the league this year and the best since the merger. All time? Fourth only to 1972 Celtics, 1950 Laker's, 1973 Celtics.

Lol Pop letting Boban rot on the bench

Harry Callahan
05-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Ehhhh, id have to look for another comparison.

Maybe losing to Seattle in 2005. Or Utah in 2007

Here's the deal - Manu and Tony could break down any defense in 2005 and 2007 and they did. Now not so much.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-10-2016, 11:14 PM
The Thunder are an excellent team. They are making us look like frauds and jokes. Stealing homecourt from us when we just lost one game at home all year.

Good luck in the WCF. I hope Durant breaks through.

Not me, I hope these ref carried faggots get railroaded by Golden State.

timtonymanu
05-10-2016, 11:14 PM
They aren't a great team. Not even close. In a stacked year in the West, this OKC team is probably a 4th seed and a 1st round exit.

Unfortunately, Duncan breaking down really lowered our team ceiling plus our bench regressing from what they were in the regular season.

tmtcsc
05-10-2016, 11:15 PM
They're 8.4 rebounding differential was by far the best in the league this year and the best since the merger. All time? Fourth only to 1972 Celtics, 1950 Laker's, 1973 Celtics.

Lol Pop letting Boban rot on the bench

Boban is a terrible rebounder for his size but he does take up room. I'd like to see Pop go all out with his roster to try and win. Let's see Simmons, Boban, Miller and Martin in spots. Can't hurt anything.

da_suns_fan
05-10-2016, 11:16 PM
A great team? OKC?

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/42/89/45854cfe0bf05cc9c54bd72823aa4da2.gif

Nah, we're losing to a shitty TEAM with 2 great players.

This.

They have two good players and one of them makes horrible choices.

EIC
05-10-2016, 11:16 PM
5? They'll get swept. Just like Miami or Toronto against Cleveland. Finals Rematch coming and it will be more entertaining than watching the Spurs shitty offense over-pass and slow the pace of the game.

Logic would tell you they'd get swept, but bear in mind that Houston--HOUSTON--took a game from the Warriors. I can't imagine the Rockets beating the Warriors but OKC not grabbing one of the two at home.

tmtcsc
05-10-2016, 11:17 PM
You know who should feel good about themselves? Portland. They are COMPETING their asses off. Sure, they will only win 1 game when its all said and done but they played hard and over-achieved. That's something to be proud of.

05-10-2016, 11:17 PM
They won 59 games despite blowing 15 fourth quarter leads this year.

tmtcsc
05-10-2016, 11:18 PM
Logic would tell you they'd get swept, but bear in mind that Houston--HOUSTON--took a game from the Warriors. I can't imagine the Rockets beating the Warriors but OKC not grabbing one of the two at home.

Bear in mind that GS's two playoff losses have come without Curry. He looks fine now.

tmtcsc
05-10-2016, 11:20 PM
They won 59 games despite blowing 15 fourth quarter leads this year.

55 games.

K...
05-10-2016, 11:21 PM

This is the best response.

Nobody is beating GSW and the CLippers and blazers are both a joke. OKC isn't injury riddled in the second round like the supposed two better western conf teams. HEALTH IS LEGIT BASKETBALL skill.

Yeah, they are flawed and beatable, but in a seven game series without home court, to say the spurs weren't beat by a better team is dumb. Maybe if our coach were more conniving, maybe if our HOF crew weren't partially retired and fully tosb we'd reach our potential. But we didn't reach our potential, and matching up with GSW in a hypothetical isn't some great consolation prize.

05-10-2016, 11:21 PM
Boban is a terrible rebounder for his size but he does take up room. I'd like to see Pop go all out with his roster to try and win. Let's see Simmons, Boban, Miller and Martin in spots. Can't hurt anything.
Yeah, Boban isn't a great rebounder but like you said he takes up space. Can't be any worse than West. God, if Pop plays West and Anderson in game 6 I will be disgusted.

Wouldn't mind some K Martin, not sure about Miller. Hopefully Patty has a good game, but he hasn't won us a playoff game in two springs, so I'm not that optimistic.

EIC
05-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Bear in mind that GS's two playoff losses have come without Curry. He looks fine now.

True.

baseline bum
05-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Kevin Martin sucks. What a sad day when Spurs fans are wanting him to get minutes in a must win game.

05-10-2016, 11:23 PM
55 games.
Impressive nonetheless. They picked the right time to turn around their fourth quarter woes.

DAF86
I don't know if they are a great team but they are a son of a bitch of a matchup for us. Always have been, and always will be.

skut_farkus

That was the biggest fluke of a win I've seen. They were never close in any other game that series and lost by a average of like 25

K...
05-10-2016, 11:25 PM
The issue of ref reliance is a red herring. It's the NBA. Ref reliance is a winning strategy if the refs call it your way. You can argue it's not fair, but if it helps you win, then it's a nba skill.

unleashbaynes
05-10-2016, 11:26 PM
No they aren't. If we lose this series GS will make Adams and Kanter look like the joke that they truly are.

InRareForm
05-10-2016, 11:50 PM
I tell everyone that OKC is bad where they can lose to anyone but also good enough to beat anybody. This is all on the spurs from not sealing the deal.

DMC
05-10-2016, 11:55 PM

GS or the Cavs? If they can beat GS the Cavs don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of sweeping them.

DMC
05-10-2016, 11:56 PM
This is the best response.

Nobody is beating GSW and the CLippers and blazers are both a joke. OKC isn't injury riddled in the second round like the supposed two better western conf teams. HEALTH IS LEGIT BASKETBALL skill.

Yeah, they are flawed and beatable, but in a seven game series without home court, to say the spurs weren't beat by a better team is dumb. Maybe if our coach were more conniving, maybe if our HOF crew weren't partially retired and fully tosb we'd reach our potential. But we didn't reach our potential, and matching up with GSW in a hypothetical isn't some great consolation prize.

lol health isn't a skill

Jesus you post stupid shit

siraulo23
05-11-2016, 12:27 AM
OKC will be exposed defensively vs the warriors, theyre physical and actually gave great effort but their an average defensive team. Says a lot about how bad the spurs offense is than okc being a good defensive team

Nbadan
05-11-2016, 12:37 AM
Westbrook will shoot...shoot...shoot...whether he is on or not....Spurs gotta be physical on Westbrook and make him go mental...Manu....patty....Anderson should all have 5 fouls by the end of the game....

peacemaker885
05-11-2016, 12:39 AM
There's still one, possibly two games to play. Anything can happen.

cjw
05-11-2016, 12:48 AM
They're not a great team. Spurs just lack athleticism to deal with them.

Hoops Czar
05-11-2016, 12:51 AM

Spurs were suppose to be historic and they have Kawhi, a Spurstalk proclaimed second best player in the game. Too bad that historic defense couldn't even get a historic stop.

daslicer
05-11-2016, 01:00 AM
They're not a great team. Spurs just lack athleticism to deal with them.

Another thing that kills the spurs is their size. Their bigs are like a poorman's version of the old Lakers bigs of Gasol/Odom/Bynum. Just like those bigs cleaned up Kobe's mess the OKC's bigs serve a similar role in cleaning up Russel's trash. To beat those Lakers you needed size and shooting like the '11 Mavs. The Spurs don't have the size in this series or the good shooting outside of game 1 and that's a big reason why they are losing this series.

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 10:50 PM

They indeed have two stars in their prime who are by now veterans. Their core has size, athleticism and youth. They are hungry, have energy and really want this. What dooms them is they are prone to mistakes but if we don't capitalize on those, it's on us. And I put that burden on our guys.

With a few exceptions we are an old team, very old with guys bordering on the TOSB level and others who are not quite that level but have declined significantly and/or have mailed it in (Diaw/Tony are 34 and D west 35, or 36... Tony hasn't mailed it but he's very streaky at this point and it's not his role to take over anymore. West is overmatched and Diaw has mailed it in all season). Patty is undersized and only helpful if he's hitting shots. Kyle is a youngster, maybe he should not be playing but he's no veteran and it is not his role to take over if others are shitting their pants either. Maybe Martin gets a try but it's still a very short period and role.

OKC is just better. Timmy's decline is jarring, Manu is barely giving any scoring and he is getting lit up by Waiters. When your veterans play like this is shocking to me that some guys like mid blame these losses on the 3-8 minutes Kyle may play but whatever. The burden is higher the more minutes you play and the bigger your role. Maybe LMA and Kawhi are better than their two stars but as a whole (in the team concept) the Spurs are not. Our team --the bulk of it-- is very old.

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 11:02 PM

You know who should feel good about themselves? Portland. They are COMPETING their asses off. Sure, they will only win 1 game when its all said and done but they played hard and over-achieved. That's something to be proud of.
Maybe this is what others refer to when they say Pop stays true to washed up vets or whatever. I have no problem with giving those guys a chance to compete. Maybe they do bring the fire.

tmtcsc
05-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Maybe this is what others refer to when they say Pop stays true to washed up vets or whatever. I have no problem with giving those guys a chance to compete. Maybe they do bring the fire.

Are you watching the Portland game tonight? All those guys are playing their asses off. They aren't intimidated, they don't like to blow smoke up their opponents' ass in the press and they all take ownership of the outcome. It's not a "pass to Lillard" and watch what he does on offense. Aminu came to play, McCollum, Henderson, the dude with Odell Beckham's haircut. This is fun.

itzsoweezee
05-11-2016, 11:18 PM

The thunder definite have less talent than the Spurs. They start Roberson for one thing. And kanter is one of the worst defenders in the league. Popovich simply got outcoached, again.

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Are you watching the Portland game tonight? All those guys are playing their asses off. They aren't intimidated, they don't like to blow smoke up their opponents' ass in the press and they all take ownership of the outcome. It's not a "pass to Lillard" and watch what he does on offense. Aminu came to play, McCollum, Henderson, the dude with Odell Beckham's haircut. This is fun.
I watched a couple of their games but not this particular one.they are indeed super energetic (lack of good bigs. Plumlee dooms them). I will turn that on my tablet husband is playing videogames. I am st I sour we lost last night TBH I couldn't believe it. It was a choke job.bad bench aside The SL had a chance to close that out.

Nbadan
05-11-2016, 11:54 PM
The thunder definite have less talent than the Spurs. They start Roberson for one thing. And kanter is one of the worst defenders in the league. Popovich simply got outcoached, again.

I agree...POP gets cred when he brings home the title....so..

OKC,(Donovan) came in with a game plan that has exposed the Spurs offensively...give them props...

Nbadan
05-11-2016, 11:56 PM
OKC with Donovan is a top 5 NBA team....possibly 3rd if they beat the Spurs....I wonder how a Portland-San Antonio series would have gone?

K...
05-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Bumping for jinx potential...But any one want recant their calling okc lucky, chocking,, our dumb? They knew how to step on us when we blinked. That's a good team. Not gsw good, but that's an impossible standard.

Texas_Ranger
05-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Lol. The Spurs are just doing the same thing as last year. Losing to a team with 2 players. Its fucking pathetic.

K...
05-12-2016, 09:32 PM
Lol. The Spurs are just doing the same thing as last year. Losing to a team with 2 players. Its fucking pathetic.

Agreed, we had no business even showing up for this game.

K...
05-16-2016, 10:37 PM
Now you see?