PDA

View Full Version : Time to let go of Diaw..Hes mailed it in. No fight whatsover.

apalisoc_9
05-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Thanks for 14 Bobo. Hope you enjoy the next phase of your career.

ElNono
05-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Agreed. Decision to be made there in the offseason. Might be he's just worn down from playing for France in the summer, but it's all the same.

davidbowie
05-10-2016, 11:12 PM
he was so bad tonight and yeah he's been slacking. looks heavy too. prob too many outside interests. traveling, filmmaking, coffee.....whores. he did his part tho.

love bobo :bobo

Floyd Pacquiao
05-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Yep, can't even take advantage of mismatches anymore. Thanks for everything bobo

T Park
05-10-2016, 11:13 PM
I love Boris, but, if he nets you a draft pick this offseason, i say adios.

Think hes donzo

manu2timdynasty
05-10-2016, 11:14 PM
You're message reached him. Feel great about yourself. 13k posts is quite an accomplishment. Picture Boris out on safari in the off-season while you're here working on that post count. Nice niche you've carved out.

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 11:15 PM
See ya later Boris. Stopped caring after 14', but thanks for bailing out Splitter.

Hope the coffee was worth the millions you lost in your contract for not staying in shape.

ViceCity86
05-10-2016, 11:15 PM
2014 WCF game 6

Signature game with the signature play of the season.Duncan to Diaw for the corner 3.

Mugen
05-10-2016, 11:16 PM
Could apply to a lot of the team this offeason tbh. Let's face it, a lot of the contracts handed out were thank you's for 2014. Perfectly fine with that but now it's time to retool the roster around Danny/Kawhi/LMA.

Pretty excited for the offseason tbh, but hopefully it doesn't happen yet :lol

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Meh... Can't fault Boris too much, this series is just not for him or West

baseline bum
I don't imagine Boris will be back. One of my favorite Spurs all time, but with Tim and Manu likely retiring there's no reason to hold on to the past. In a couple of months it will time time to rebuild around Leonard, Aldridge, and Green.

apalisoc_9
05-10-2016, 11:17 PM
See ya later Boris. Stopped caring after 14', but thanks for bailing out Splitter.

Hope the coffee was worth the millions you lost in your contract for not staying in shape.

How many pounds do you think hes gained ilsinxe the start of the season? :lol

.G.
05-10-2016, 11:17 PM
I'd hate to think that the KD talk fucked with him. Dude's a professional but all season he dominated in the paint and suddenly he's now hesitant to post up? Just fucking perplexing.

baseline bum
05-10-2016, 11:18 PM
Could apply to a lot of the team this offeason tbh. Let's face it, a lot of the contracts handed out were thank you's for 2014. Perfectly fine with that but now it's time to retool the roster around Danny/Kawhi/LMA.

Pretty excited for the offseason tbh, but hopefully it doesn't happen yet :lol

I don't think so. Diaw would have easily gotten that money on the open market and Mills coming off the season he had would have easily gotten more elsewhere. Patty was one of the top backup points in the league that year.

Darius Bieber
05-10-2016, 11:18 PM
Totally agree. Personally, I'd ship off Tony with him too.

DMC
05-10-2016, 11:19 PM
You're message reached him. Feel great about yourself. 13k posts is quite an accomplishment. Picture Boris out on safari in the off-season while you're here working on that post count. Nice niche you've carved out.
lol

Harry Callahan
05-10-2016, 11:20 PM
That travel in the last 5 minutes was a horrible turnover. I don't know what Boris was thinking.

I'd imagine he'll be here next year with Tim likely calling it a career. I know he'll be less upset about the loss than I am right now.

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2016, 11:23 PM
How many pounds do you think hes gained ilsinxe the start of the season? :lol
Easily 25-30 pounds. He's listed at 250lb, but he's gotta be pushing 280 right now.

Someone posted a pic of 2014 Boris posting up Lebron compared to how Boris looks now. Can't find it but shit was crazy smh

timtonymanu
05-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Patty needs to go too. He's gonna be even more pointless without Manu around. I agree with the consensus that Kawhi/LMA/Danny is who you build around. I seriously hope RC isn't thinking Parker instead of Danny.

Darius Bieber
05-10-2016, 11:26 PM
Patty needs to go too. He's gonna be even more pointless without Manu around. I agree with the consensus that Kawhi/LMA/Danny is who you build around. I seriously hope RC isn't thinking Parker instead of Danny.

I honestly think he is. I mean, if the organization doesn't have the balls to cut Bonner there's no way they'll cut/trade Tony.

midnightpulp
05-10-2016, 11:28 PM
Yep. Fat Ass has irritated me all year. Thanks for 2014, but see ya.

MoSpur
05-10-2016, 11:28 PM
He needs to quit trying to be the French version of Manu with all the unnecessary passing. He needs to put all that fat to use and post up.

K...
05-10-2016, 11:29 PM
Diaw is trade bait. He is almost 100%$ gone if we decide to trade for talent and we will have too.

Only reason id see him stay is if Tony really needs him. Tony doesn't seem to be A Morris Twin so i think this is fine, but there's also SLO MO. If the front office feels SLO Mo needs boris to tutor ,maybe thats enough. But SLO MO doesn't need to learn the lazy Boris and Boris 2.0 can be shown on tape.

Budkin
05-10-2016, 11:31 PM
Can't argue with this.

spursistan
05-10-2016, 11:38 PM
Yeah..time to move on from Diaw/Mills and restructure that bench..Manu retirement will make it an easy decision..

spurraider21
05-10-2016, 11:40 PM
yeah he's diaw 1.0 out there

MaNu4Tres
05-11-2016, 01:02 AM
Trade Mills for a draft pick this summer. Exercise team option to let Diaw go.

Next years team will be totally different.

apalisoc_9
05-11-2016, 01:08 AM
Yep. Fat Ass has irritated me all year. Thanks for 2014, but see ya.

Hopefully they also get rid of West. Duncan is most likely going to retrire so the big rotations, hopefully, will be limited to Aldridge and new guys. Maybe Boban can play 15mpg.

Manu should also retired. He looks like hes still got some jump, but this team needs new blood. New motivation. New faces.

A younger coach would be Great. But pop will never get over himself.

J_Paco
05-11-2016, 01:23 AM
Hopefully they also get rid of West. Duncan is most likely going to retrire so the big rotations, hopefully, will be limited to Aldridge and new guys. Maybe Boban can play 15mpg.

Manu should also retired. He looks like hes still got some jump, but this team needs new blood. New motivation. New faces.

A younger coach would be Great. But pop will never get over himself.

Yes, let's drop the second best thing to ever happen to this franchise for "new blood" at head coach. Fuck that, Pop (along with Duncan) is the only reason this franchise is worth a damn. I'd go with him until either his contract runs out or he decides to call it quits. He deserves that level of respect just like Timmy has.

And finding the next "guy" is never easy, just ask Chicago, Los Angeles, Utah and Denver trying to replace Hall of Fame level coaches. The only exception is Miami and coach Spo was Riley's handpicked successor.

Kawhitstorm
05-11-2016, 02:51 AM
Yes, let's drop the second best thing to ever happen to this franchise for "new blood" at head coach. Fuck that, Pop (along with Duncan) is the only reason this franchise is worth a damn. I'd go with him until either his contract runs out or he decides to call it quits. He deserves that level of respect just like Timmy has.

And finding the next "guy" is never easy, just ask Chicago, Los Angeles, Utah and Denver trying to replace Hall of Fame level coaches. The only exception is Miami and coach Spo was Riley's handpicked successor.

Pop needs to just stick to the FO like Riley & let Becky run the team while he focus on Team USA. She's already on the coaching staff so why not enshrine her as the 1st female head coach. Her Summer League work was impressive & she already has rapport w/ the young guys. It's just going to elevate him to sainthood status among libertarians.:lol

Kawhitstorm
05-11-2016, 02:52 AM
Easily 25-30 pounds. He's listed at 250lb, but he's gotta be pushing 280 right now.

Someone posted a pic of 2014 Boris posting up Lebron compared to how Boris looks now. Can't find it but shit was crazy smh

Dude is Fat Baby status at this point.

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 06:11 PM
He's mailed it in all season. He was getting benched for Anderson for parts of the season and despite his limitations, Pop started to favor D west over him in this series. Diaw really coasted through last season too, thus we lost a lot of games to the Teletovichs of the NBA. In the end, seeding last season was significant. And here we are. He used to be my favorite player but he's lazy and has let himself go to Bobcat Diaw levels.

spursistan
05-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Dude is Fat Baby status at this point.
Glen Baby Davis gave more solid minutes last season in Clippers series than Diaw in these playoffs :lol

Budkin
05-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Needs to retire from the NBA tbh... he hung em up after 2014.

Spurtacular
05-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Player fan thread, tbh.

spursistan
05-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Zero fuckin minutes :lmao..

He is gone and please Slomo take down this shitty :bobo emoticon..Fuckin' lowkey pulled a "Bobcat Diaw" act for last two seasons..see ya..

spurtech09
05-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Speaking of Diaw I didn't see him tonight?...Was he there ?

spursistan
05-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Could see him out of the league by end 2017 if the Spurs let him go.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Diaw will retire

K...
05-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Fuck some of y'all.....Bobo got us 5. Not 6. But 5 was good. He came for cheap and his deal is trade friendly. Bon voyage bobo.

jimbo
05-12-2016, 10:47 PM
shoulda traded him instead of Splitter...

I know he's not healthy right now, but butterfly effect, etc.

Mouth is Bleeding
05-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Was he even on the bench?

I didn't spot him at all.

Didn't really look either tbh

spurtech09
05-12-2016, 10:52 PM
Was he even on the bench?

I didn't spot him at all.

Didn't really look either tbhsame here

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Will never forget his contributions in 2013 and 2014, tbh, but ya, he's finished..no effort or heart in this playoff run..

Mugen
05-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Don't think they'll be bringing Bobo back. He was great for most of his time with the Spurs tho, got nothing but love for him despite this series.

spursistan
05-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Not sure what happened to Diaw/Mills in 2016..they actually started the season good but then when Manu couldn't hold those hands for long they completely faded and became unplayable..

Time to move on and nuke that bench..

Harry Callahan
05-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Not playing a minute in this elimination game was very strange for a team lacking front line depth.

Maybe he was injured.

The FO can't blow up everything and his contract is only partially guaranteed next year. he might be movable.

Dverde
05-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Guy was not right after his late season injury. I would keep him with his salary being untradable. Mills makes more sense.

elemento
05-12-2016, 11:38 PM
He didn't play a fucking minute in g6. He is gone.

UZER
05-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Hasn't been the same since meeting up with the team late after partying up in France after the championship.

NASpurs
05-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Top five favorite Spur ever for me. His skills are undeniable but his work ethic was lacking when he wasn't motivated and that "just not giving a fuck attitude" after a while seemed to follow him throughout his carer. He was always an enigma and seemed like a pretty cool dude but it's time move on from Bobo unfortunately. Go take your pictures, go travel the world, and move on to another chapter in your life, man.

TheyCallMePro
05-12-2016, 11:45 PM
I'm sure that's why Pop benched him tonight. Because he thought he showed no fight in the limited minutes he had received to this point.

But I don't believe Diaw would ever purposefully mail it in like that. He just had a bad series like pretty much everyone else. Just got unlucky enough to end up in Pop's doghouse and shoulder the blame.