PDA

View Full Version : Will you stop watching the NBA after Duncan and Manu retire.

phxspurfan
05-11-2016, 03:40 AM
I probably will. Refs control these games too much. Too frustrating to be a fan of a small market team these days.

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 03:49 AM
Nope. I will endure our semi rebuild next season. I am looking forward yo continuing to see Kawhi's growth, what team they build around him. I enjoy watching summer league the draft. I actually like to follow young project players, prospects etc. Frankly I don't watch basketball for the stars, the team aspect ans team building is more appealing.

Horry Hipcheck
05-11-2016, 03:51 AM
Silver's league is infuriating but I'll watch for Kawhi. Dude's special.

Skoobz
05-11-2016, 03:53 AM
It certainly will not be the same watching the Spurs without TD and Manu there anymore. I have been a fan since 91 and we will never likely see players of Drobs, TD's and Manu's dedication, loyalty and heart again wearing the silver and black. I Pray for that once in a life time lottery pick or diamond in the rough otherwise the Spurs will never ever be the same team to root for. We've been spoilt Spurs fans.

spurraider21
05-11-2016, 03:59 AM
no, i'll still keep up and watch the spurs, and i do get the clippers/lakers locally so i'll still keep up with things... that said i dont know if the passion will be there with duncan/manu gone, at least initially. duncan played his first game for the spurs when i was 5 years old. i dont really know spurs basketball without him

phxspurfan
05-11-2016, 04:22 AM
It certainly will not be the same watching the Spurs without TD and Manu there anymore. I have been a fan since 91 and we will never likely see players of Drobs, TD's and Manu's dedication, loyalty and heart again wearing the silver and black. I Pray for that once in a life time lottery pick or diamond in the rough otherwise the Spurs will never ever be the same team to root for. We've been spoilt Spurs fans.

Well said. I've been a fan since 2000, and it was a great ride. But this may be where I get off the train as a die hard fan. It was really cool to see the big 3 get that one in 2014 playing such beautiful basketball. But that era ends this year it looks kike.

dg7md
05-11-2016, 04:54 AM
I feel like they might be holding us back at this stage in their careers tbh. They're good for short bursts, but we can't rely on them for anything anymore.

So yes, I will be a Spurs fan for life. Never going to stop loving the team.

Mikeanaro
05-11-2016, 04:58 AM
Yes, I dont like scripted shows and idiots worshipping fake manufactured stars thats why the Spurs are so special to me, all low profile guys but Pop doing nothing about this drives me mad, he made his money and is an old man there is no need to take shit from nobody when you are almost 70 and loaded.
I dont take shit in my personal life so there is no need to watch something that is fake and manipulated Im not masochist.

tholdren
05-11-2016, 05:21 AM
Fan since 88. Nba is just ghetto ball now. Moving on to something else.

DeRozan m8
05-11-2016, 05:31 AM
lol what a thread

wtf

Skoobz
05-11-2016, 05:36 AM
:bobo
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::cry:cry:cry:cr y:cry

dorrrr
05-11-2016, 05:38 AM
Well said. I've been a fan since 2000, and it was a great ride. But this may be where I get off the train as a die hard fan. It was really cool to see the big 3 get that one in 2014 playing such beautiful basketball. But that era ends this year it looks kike.

+1
Feels like without Timmy and Manu (who basically won for us game 6 vs OKC in 2014 and that serious) the team's spirit has lost. Too painful to keep watching this. This season is the last for me as a diehard fan.

BillMc
05-11-2016, 05:39 AM
I'm a Spurs fan. I'll keep watching even if we're awful.

That said, if we lose this series, I posted I'd ban myself from ST so I'll have to find another board. But I'll keep watching to the day I die.

DeRozan m8
05-11-2016, 05:42 AM
If we lose this series, its gonna be really interesting to see how Spurs tweak shit this off season.

Glad the cap goes up but paying 25 odd mill to this piece of shit back court of ours doesn't help.

We ain't winning shit without some tweaks next season, especially with Tim and Manure gone.

Kawhitstorm
05-11-2016, 05:43 AM
Only if Softridge & Porker are traded. :wakeup

Fireball
05-11-2016, 05:49 AM
I might not continue to watch games live in the middle of the night, but I will remain loyal to the Spurs. Hopefully Boban stays!!

SouthernFried
05-11-2016, 06:49 AM
I have been a fan of the Spurs since the 70's. Got to watch (and even play a little pickup ball) with George Gervin and all that era's Spurs teams. Even had season tickets in the old Hemisphere/Convention center arena.

I pretty much only watch the Spurs now. Don't watch football, baseball, or any other NBA team. After Manu and Tim are gone, there is a good chance I'll be hanging up watching any Pro Sports. Tho, I might keep track of Kawhi, I'm not sure a Spurs team without Tim, and especially Manu (my favorite all-time NBA player) is going to hold my interest.

Watching the "Beautiful Game" in 2014, was perhaps the best basketball I've ever seen. I'm happy with that :)

r0drig0lac
05-11-2016, 06:53 AM
WTF

baseline bum
05-11-2016, 06:58 AM
So much butthurt in this thread

littlecoyotecoin
05-11-2016, 07:40 AM

That said, if we lose this series, I posted I'd ban myself from ST so I'll have to find another board. But I'll keep watching to the day I die.

I didn't catch that self-imposed ban, Bill. Interesting. This series is the straw that breaks the camel's back for many, it seems. There is a real conversation to be had, for me, about fandom. The game being a rigged commercial enterprize, and me still wearing the merch. I think about it. Sometimes I just feel plain old silly. It's fun. But, I laugh at the mouth-breathing wrestling fans with an air of superiority. The NBAs inherent conflict of interest is an elephant in the room I don't want to ignore any longer. They are either plainly crooked or incompetent, neither inspires a desire to participate any longer. That last play where Kawhi's nonshooting intentional foul is ignored for a shooting foul on LMA that didn't even occur is disgusting. If this were a rare occurence one could write it off, but it just happens too often to the "wrong" teams.

Seeing Plumlee getting called for two screens against GSW the other night was equally disgusting. Watching what Green gets away with for GSW, and then seeing Plumlee getting called for one in particular textbook screen, it's just tiresome to watch and the game is no longer fun. Might be more fun to help coach some little leagues, etc. The NBA needs to put "entertainment" after its name. Seriously.

littlecoyotecoin
05-11-2016, 07:46 AM
So much butthurt in this thread

It's not surprising that some would see it as butthurt. At an astrologists convention, nonbelievers are ridiculed, as well.

Obstructed_View
05-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Spurs got the steal of the draft and a dream free agent to revitalize their team and fans be mad because they might go two whole years without making the conference finals.

baseline bum
05-11-2016, 07:48 AM
It's not surprising that some would see it as butthurt. At an astrologists convention, nonbelievers are ridiculed, as well.

If you're this butthurt shouldn't you just quit watching today and say fuck game 6?

littlecoyotecoin
05-11-2016, 07:51 AM
If you're this butthurt shouldn't you just quit watching today and say fuck game 6?

Shouldn't you get your Chakras aligned?

baseline bum
05-11-2016, 07:54 AM
Shouldn't you get your Chakras aligned?

If you think the game is rigged, why do you watch? Are you that retarded?

lilbthebasedgod
05-11-2016, 07:56 AM
I'm a basketball fan, not a spurs fan. Spurs just happen to play basketball in a way I like.

So no.

baseline bum
05-11-2016, 07:56 AM
nm

sasaint
05-11-2016, 07:57 AM
Silver's league is infuriating but I'll watch for Kawhi. Dude's special.

Silver's league?! The NBA is the house that Stern built. He sacrificed the sport of basketball on the altar of entertainment long ago.

spursparker9
05-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Probably watch much less regular season games and just the Finals

baseline bum
05-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Silver's league?! The NBA is the house that Stern built. He sacrificed the sport of basketball on the altar of entertainment long ago.

It's always funny how it works out that the rigged games align with Spurs soul crushing losses.

sasaint
05-11-2016, 08:04 AM
Nope. I will endure our semi rebuild next season. I am looking forward yo continuing to see Kawhi's growth, what team they build around him. I enjoy watching summer league the draft. I actually like to follow young project players, prospects etc. Frankly I don't watch basketball for the stars, the team aspect ans team building is more appealing.

I will hang with you for awhile, for the same reasons you cite. Huge off-season this. I am curious to see if the Spurs are willing to make the relatively radical moves I think are necessary to revitalize our competitiveness on the court as well as our leadership in the locker room.

bic50
05-11-2016, 08:08 AM
Of course. Maybe not as much but still supporting the spurs now and in future.

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-11-2016, 08:13 AM
It is turnover time regardless of what happens tomorrow. Pop will start to ease his way out, and hand control to I believe Udoka. Tim and Manu will be gone. I would not be surprised to see West and Diaw go soon also. Honestly there is no point to keep Boban, he would be too slow in series like these. Mills will stay, DG same, Anderson is here for awhile, and even TP, but he is no where near good enough to keep this team relevant beyond a five-six seed unless the Spurs get some crazy players in. GSW, OKC, LAC top 3. After that who knows. It has been one heck of a ride...

littlecoyotecoin
05-11-2016, 08:18 AM
If you think the game is rigged, why do you watch? Are you that retarded?

In Vegas, the house ALWAYS wins. Cardinal rule. Does that mean that I can't put a coin in the slot machine, even if I know it's rigged? I don't, but because I'm aware that it's rigged against me, I'm not allowed to put in a coin? I may or may not watch, but your defensiveness seems more a need to convince me I'm just "butthurt" so that your belief system remains in tact. With a name like Baseline Bum, I guess you've been around a long time. I remember seeing "OBERDING" in flashing lights on the "Jumbotron" of the day at my first game. My father wasn't a sports fan. Only I was, so I was older when I went to my first game. But, I've been around a while. This is not a gut-reaction. This has been an elephant in the room for decades.

I'm not telling you that you're retarded for believing. You go ahead.

It's difficult to quit cold turkey. It's habit, culture, and a way of life. Technology makes it easy to consume. But, a viewing, despite your attempt to connect the two, is not some sort of admission that it's NOT rigged.

ElNono
05-11-2016, 08:18 AM
No, but I'll probably stop spending a boatload of money on courtside tix to the games...

objective
05-11-2016, 08:21 AM
It will be hard for me if Pop is still coach, and if Parker is still on the team with him, even harder.

I am fine with losing. Even lottery losing. Hell, I watched every game the lottery year with every expectation that they would draft Foyle with the 5th pick or so. Just to watch young guys play, even though they were scrubs. Losing with talent deficits is fine.

But losing due to insane choices I don't think I could tolerate without Duncan and Manu.

It's funny, a lot of fans of other teams talked about Aldridge making a mistake here because after Duncan and Manu or the big 3 were gone it would be a stripped down roster that couldn't compete with just him and Kawhi and maybe Green. And that would be a playoff team and nothing more.

But that's how it turned out already. The reality is that right now it's Kawhi, Aldridge, and sometimes Green and that's it. Some juice from Manu, but it's barren everywhere else by Pop's choice. And it's almost enough with just them to get to conference finals.

Duncan, Diaw, West, Mills, Porker, Anderson ... Giving very little but the team is still almost winning.

But Pop can't accept that. I can't envision him leading a new look spurs team to a finals. And I can't imagine him moving on from Parker either. I don't need to watch him sit the future Bobans, Splitters, and Hills of the world and waste what he can of Kawhi and Aldridge. I don't need to see Parker act like the number one. I don't need to hope that maybe this clinching playoff game or that clinching playoff game will be the Parker food poisoning or injury game that he sits out giving the spurs a chance to win without him.

Manuismyhomeboy
05-11-2016, 08:36 AM

This!!!!

Fuck all you half hearted pussies. Will you continue to watch! Fuck yes real fans will, the organization doesn't die with Tommy and Manu. This isn't 04 Timmy retiring, it's 2016 Timmy. This team has a great young core with Kawhi, LMA and DG. Soft pussy ass fans here.

NASpurs
05-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Nope, I became a Spurs fan in '94, a kid listening to the radio for Spurs games and checking the newspaper/news to know the results of the games because a lot of the games were shown on Pay Per View here in San Antonio at the time. I'm a Spurs fan but not much of a basketball fan though so I'm out after the Spurs get bounced, until next year.

It just seems I was fortunate enough to have watched the Tim Duncan era and I basically grew up in it. TD and Manu are my favorite players ever and they should have their own statues.

The future is still bright here though, the baton was passed this year and the game goes on, life goes on.

SASdynasty!
05-11-2016, 08:42 AM
I'll watch till 2022 when Parker retires.

NameLess Scrub
05-11-2016, 08:43 AM
If this continues to be the Lebron vs Curry star match up league, I will probably stop watching deep in the playoffs. I can really appreciate that kind of basketball. I liked the Warriors before, but this year they have changed for me.

But RS I'll probably watch to follow the Spurs and Magic. Right now I still hope they both can make the steps needed in the off-season to either become a playoff team or continue being a contender, respectively.

I think the Spurs should remain contenders if they get to replace the big 3's contribution somehow, and Pop/Kawhi/LaMarcus/Green keep their focus. I know you can't replace Timmy, or Manu. But at this point in their careers, finding big men help and a playmaker from the bench that are durable might be enough. I don't know.. youth, durability and some consistence might replace leadership/clutchness/experience.

Obstructed_View
05-11-2016, 08:49 AM
It's always funny how it works out that the rigged games align with Spurs soul crushing losses.

But you don't understand. The Spurs won five titles DESPITE the cheating. It was all the other champions that the jew commissioners had their finger on the scale for.

101A
05-11-2016, 08:58 AM
I probably will. Refs control these games too much. Too frustrating to be a fan of a small market team these days.

"These Days".

Lol

Yeah it was much easier in '79.

I'm sure fans of other teams are really torn up about the Spurs full hand of rings (and a real live NBA official claiming to have rigged a game in the Spur's favor).

I do think the officiating is questionable/bad, but as a fan base, relatively, we have little to complain about, and a whole damn lot to be proud of.

jjktkk
05-11-2016, 09:09 AM
Not a chance. Spur's fan for life, since 75. Don't know if some of you younger Spur fans realize that, since this teams inception into the NBA, that the Spurs have only missed the playoffs 4 times. Think about that. That's pretty damn impressive imo. I'm confident that PATFO will find a way to keep this team in contention

Chinook
05-11-2016, 09:13 AM
No. I'm not a fan for them. If the team becomes like the Kings, that'll affect how much I watch them (though I'd probably go see them live a lot more often). But a competitive Spurs are fine.

Now, if we're talking about in the post-Green era...

littlecoyotecoin
05-11-2016, 09:18 AM
But you don't understand. The Spurs won five titles DESPITE the cheating. It was all the other champions that the jew commissioners had their finger on the scale for.

It's always funny that having some Spurs success is overlooked as a potential international and Latin American marketing opportunity. It's always funny that people can't see that if a team is so good for so long, that the NBA can make lemonade out of lemons. And, in Vegas, they have to have some winners to hoist up for all to see.

loveforthegame
05-11-2016, 09:24 AM
It won't be the same without them but I'll always be rooting for this team. Nothing is given in this league but I feel the Spurs have a bright future with Leonard and LMA. It'll be a different era but I find the possibilities promising. Especially if they have a productive off season.

kaji157
05-11-2016, 09:32 AM
If the Spurs continue to rely on one on one isolation offense i might watch less of them, because the way the Spurs play since manu became an important cog in the machine is just different, he started the passing game all by himself and then became a team effort.
Tim also was a part of this, until diaw came, Tim and Manu were the best passers on the team, and i donīt see Kawhi and LMA able to replicate that. It was a way to see the game that flown from the two leaders to the whole team, i it is ju not there anymore.
Plus those were two guys that in the clutch you knew they would demand the ball and make a play, but now we are left with players that hide in the back of Tony Parker to let the blame come to him.
So yes, i will watch, but with less enthusiasm.

TXstbobcat
05-11-2016, 10:10 AM
I was a Spurs fan before Tim and Manu and will still be a fan after they retire. Nothing will ever be the same for Spurs fans when they are retired. :depressed

baseline bum
05-11-2016, 10:34 AM
When you see me stop talking about the Spurs here you'll know I'm dead.

Kool Bob Love
05-11-2016, 10:39 AM
When you see me stop talking about the Spurs here you'll know I'm dead.
Deep.

houston spurs fan
05-11-2016, 10:41 AM
No, but I'll lose some of the passion I've had following the team.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-11-2016, 11:08 AM
I love basketball and the Spurs. I've only missed 1 or 2 games in the past 20 years. Heck I use to listen to them on the radio when games weren't televised. Not going to stop watching just because Duncan and Manu retire. Although the last 20 years have been pretty special.
Just realized I don't own a Tim Duncan jersey. May need to go buy one if he decides retire.

Canyonero
05-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Yes, what's basketball without Manu?

urunobili
05-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Won't buy league pass anymore but I'll check the box scores to see how the team is doing.

Brazil
05-11-2016, 12:16 PM
Nope. I will endure our semi rebuild next season. I am looking forward yo continuing to see my love Kyle's growth, what team they build around him. I enjoy watching summer league the draft. I actually like to follow young project players, prospects etc but mainly Kyle, Idaf about the others tbh. Frankly I don't watch basketball for the stars, the team aspect, team building but to get a fix of pure joy watching Kyle, his long arms, his big head and his sexy slowliness.

fify

Brazil
05-11-2016, 12:20 PM

come on bro... nobody gives a shit about stuff like "I'll stop posting IF..." if people were to follow that, board would be empty by now.

stick around, it's gonna be fun to see what team they will build around Kawhi and LMA. Offseason is gonna be awesome especially with 100 pages thread about Durant

Brazil
05-11-2016, 12:22 PM
It will be hard for me if Pop is still coach, and if Parker is still on the team with him, even harder.

good riddance bro :lol have fun watching beiseball

Brazil
05-11-2016, 12:24 PM
On a side note, with Manu gone forum will feel empty without Argentinean army that were rooting for the Spurs only because of Manu... :lol

TDomination
05-11-2016, 12:25 PM
No, i'll always be a fan and continue to watch. Though it will be weird and may take some getting used to.

The last time I saw a Spurs game with no Timmy, I was 11 years old. Now i'm 30.

DarrinS
05-11-2016, 12:39 PM
I'll watch till 2022 when Parker retires.

Lol

RD2191
05-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Nope. Kawhi and LMA can and will lead us to a title. We just need to re-tool the roster at PG and Center positions.

Brazil
05-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Nope. Kawhi and LMA can and will lead us to a title. We just need to re-tool the roster at PG and Center positions.

:tu

and add Durant

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 01:06 PM
No. I'm not a fan for them. If the team becomes like the Kings, that'll affect how much I watch them (though I'd probably go see them live a lot more often). But a competitive Spurs are fine.

Now, if we're talking about in the post-Green era...
If Green is traded you can still watch his new team.
If Anderson is traded I'll watch his new team and the Spurs.
I actually liked our team when Timmy and Manu were injured. I got to watch players we don't see often and younger guys in new roles. Our ceiling might have been lowered but we still won games, a lot. I don't think Pop is done, personally.

daslicer
05-11-2016, 01:21 PM
I have been a spurs fan since the spring of '94 which was before Duncan. I became a spurs fan after watching an NBC game way back in '94 which was Magic vs Spurs. Back then Michael had retired so just like every other kid in elementary school I was looking for a new team to root for. For some odd reason even as a kid I hated Shaq. I remember watching David Robinson dominate him in that game and make him look silly. I also liked Rodman's hair colors as a kid along with the way he played the game. Robinson and Rodman got me hooked on being a spurs fan. Ever since that game I have been a fan. During the pre-Duncan years of '94-'97 I experience a lot of lows and very a few highs being a fan. The Spurs lost 3 straight years in a row in the playoffs despite having HCA against the opponent they were facing. The only high during that time was Robinson winning the MVP but that was immediately taken away once Olajuwon obliterated him in the WCF. Then the lowest of the lows happened which was the '96-'97 season where the Spurs became a lottery team due to Robinson and Elliotts injuries. Obviously I can remember a time when the Spurs were playoff chokers whereas most of the people on this forum became fans once Duncan was on the team. I think it will be hard for those new age fans to stay fans but I will still watch the Spurs. Even with the big 3 being finished the way the Spurs are set up they are still a team that can win 50 games which is still pretty good in this league but most fans will take that for granted because they have been spoiled with the recent championship success of the spurs.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2016, 02:26 PM
No, but I'll lose some of the passion I've had following the team.

:lol what a fake fan, tbh..

Pocho La Pantera
05-11-2016, 02:34 PM
On a side note, with Manu gone forum will feel empty without Argentinean army that were rooting for the Spurs only because of Manu...Naahh, FO can still bring Campazzo and they,re always be a Scola thread bumped.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2016, 02:34 PM
I get paid to watch basketball + daily betting, so nothing will change for me..I'll still watch the Spurs the same way, nothing will really change, but it's natural to not care as much as you get older, regardless of the players on the team, tbh..

I still get annoyed when the Spurs lose, especially the way they did last night, but you get over it in a few hours after you're out of your entertainment zone, especially compared to when you're younger and you're oblivious to the fact that these players wouldn't look at you if you were on fire in front of them:lol

Kawhi and DG are 2 of my 3 favorite Spurs of all-time, but it's tough to stomach cheering for Lamarcus Anthony..

da_suns_fan
05-11-2016, 02:36 PM

Yes, it was the refs who caused Tony Parker to miss wide open jump shots in the final minutes.

Brazil
05-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Naahh, FO can still bring Campazzo and they,re always be a Scola thread bumped.

:lol ... :tu

timtonymanu
05-11-2016, 03:00 PM
I don't really watch the NBA these days. Only the Spurs. I'll still be a fan though. Kawhi and Green have become 2 of my favorite Spurs so I still want to see them do well.

Raven
05-11-2016, 03:14 PM
of course not, lol.

MultiTroll
05-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Kawhi and DG are 2 of my 3 favorite Spurs of all-time, but it's tough to stomach cheering for Lamarcus Anthony..
After all the F ups and ThundeRef we still had a chance to have the ball down two or down three when Mutant Turtle drove to the hole after the non call. Did you catch LMAs version of an intentional foul?
He looked like Waylon Smithers going "sssstttthhop it" as he waved his hand down and didn't even bother to hack Westbrook and assure a miss. :lol

For the love of.....:depressed

MultiTroll
05-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Yes, it was the refs who caused Tony Parker to miss wide open jump shots in the final minutes.
Ya it was probably the refs who caused Durant to brick the key shot when the score was tied 90 -90 with :54 to go.
Great play by Adams and Durant, just clutch. :rolleyes

05-11-2016, 03:43 PM
It's also funny how everyone thinks the refs are rigging the game for the opposing team. I was watching the game with an OKC fan last night and she was convinced the refs were paid off by the Spurs last night :lol

lefty
05-11-2016, 03:47 PM
I'll keep watching

Westbrook and Fraymond are awesome tbh

gambit1990
05-11-2016, 03:50 PM
uh, no.

baseline bum
05-11-2016, 03:53 PM
It's also funny how everyone thinks the refs are rigging the game for the opposing team. I was watching the game with an OKC fan last night and she was convinced the refs were paid off by the Spurs last night :lol

That's what you get for luring strippers to your house with free meth.

ViceCity86
05-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Spurs4Life

houston spurs fan
05-11-2016, 03:57 PM
:lol what a fake fan, tbh..
Nope, not fake. Spend thousands each year going to the ATT center. You are such some fat Canuck troll that makes takes simply to antagonize. Obvious closet Laker supporter. Tbh....

05-11-2016, 04:00 PM
That's what you get for luring strippers to your house with free meth.
I didn't have a lot of options, I was low on cash.

Mugen
05-11-2016, 04:02 PM
I'll still be a fan of the team and follow the Spurs throughout the season. Will probably ease up on my superfandom though after Timmy/Manu hang 'em up, not great for the health and I'm getting too old for this shit :lol

Maybe I'll change my mind if they trade Porky away though........

apalisoc_9
05-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Only if Softridge & Porker are traded. :wakeup

snickles
05-11-2016, 04:07 PM
to answer the original question, quite possibly i will, and it has nothing to do with last night's game. i've been a fan since 91, but i may be just about done.

i've said for a few years now i'll probably stop watching when those 2 retire. they are 2 of my 3 all time fave players. they've been a godsend to this team, and an absolute pleasure to watch over the years.

but over the years i've started to lost interest in pro sports. i used to sit and watch any NBA or NFL game that was on. but now so many things about sports just turn me off.

the term professional athlete is just about a complete oxymoron these days. it may just be perception, the minority giving the whole a bad name, but it sure seems like pro athletes are whiney babies. i don't want to play for this coach. i don't want to play for this team. i need more money, i got mouths to feed. we make more money, but we also spend more money (one of my personal faves). i eat first,twitter feuds. superteams. not 1, not 2, not 3. the endless flexing and dancing. screaming and jumping around after every routine play. the entire me first, look at me bullshit. the idiotic eating motion dance thing. (seriously, wtf?)

and there are simply too many games and the league is too watered down. not counting 2013 where i didn't have cable, this is the 1st year where i completely missed games down the stretch and didn't even care. i got so burnt out. and it REALLY pisses me off that both the NBA and NFL have games only on their networks. i'm not paying another $20 a month to watch the handful of games i want to see.

i havent bought any pro sports team memorabilia in years. no caps or shirts or trading cards, no tickets to games (which are ridiculously overpriced now). in 2013 i actually did quit watching for the 1st few months. but the team was playing so well i bit the bullet and paid for cable again (plus my fiancee needed her SVU marathons)

i love basketball, but its not basketball anymore. once it turned into entertainment, and the league started to try to regulate HOW it was played, it started turning to shit. too many teams, not enough talent, half the league tanking. its ugly, and its not basketball. the 2014 team for me was the most enjoyable basketball ive ever seen. not saying they were the best team, but it was pure basketball at both ends. no frills. no bullshit. and the officiating....either via incompetence or malice...have been absolutely awful. too many times now ive seen a game influenced if not completely decided by the refs. i'm so disgusted by the ends of games 2 and 5, not because of the outcome, but because of how obvious the missed calls were. refs right there starting at the play....and still get it wrong. its just not worth getting upset over anymore.

so....sorry NBA (and pro sports in general). this fan is just about done.

05-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Anyone who would stop watching are player fans

snickles
05-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Anyone who would stop watching are player fans

or they just don't enjoy it anymore. but whatever.

05-11-2016, 04:24 PM
or they just don't enjoy it anymore. but whatever.I read your earlier post, and it does sound like you lost interest in the sport, which is understandable as you get older...but for a lot of "spurs fan" here, their loss of interest coincides with their favorite players retiring. It's obvious that they were moreso fans of Tim and Manu, than a fan of the team. Which is okay.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-11-2016, 05:09 PM
I'm going to continue to watch the Spurs and the Spurs only. Could give a rip less about the other teams. NBA has become too commercialized.

tholdren
05-11-2016, 05:34 PM
No, but I'll probably stop spending a boatload of money on courtside tix to the games...
so you were the fat girl eating the churro last night with the manu jersey? It all makes sense.

BillMc
05-11-2016, 05:54 PM
come on bro... nobody gives a shit about stuff like "I'll stop posting IF..." if people were to follow that, board would be empty by now.

stick around, it's gonna be fun to see what team they will build around Kawhi and LMA. Offseason is gonna be awesome especially with 100 pages thread about Durant

Thanks my friend. :flag:

I'll still lurk on the site if we don't make the WCF and certainly find another Spurs board to post on. But I am a man of my word and don't want to become Apa9 or UNT with welching games. :lol Nor am I trying to get attention.

That said, the season isn't over yet. No reason we can't win in OKC as we did it a few games back. Tim, Manu (and me! :lol) aren't done yet!

Also, I do think it will be interesting to see how Pop and RC build around LMA/Kawhi. We've a league going small, yet it seems we need a big bruising center to gobble up rebounds against OKC. But RC will keep up his good work. Even if we fail this year, I'd bet on another ring in the next 3 or so.

TampaDude
05-11-2016, 09:04 PM
While it won't be the same without Duncan (just as it was when DRob retired), I'll continue to watch the Spurs. We have a solid core for the future, and if (IF!) Durant comes to SA, look out! :hat

tholdren
05-11-2016, 09:16 PM
I read your earlier post, and it does sound like you lost interest in the sport, which is understandable as you get older...but for a lot of "spurs fan" here, their loss of interest coincides with their favorite players retiring. It's obvious that they were moreso fans of Tim and Manu, than a fan of the team. Which is okay.
it has more to do with the shit coming in. I live in a nice neighborhood. upper middle class. security guard. HOAS. when we see houses for sale we always watch who buys. when the new owner, or worse yet RENTER, comes in to the area we assess and take notice. one skank isn't going to devalue the property but then when their cousins come hanging around, or other houses start bringing in similar persons we will sell. not because roy and sally moved out, but because the new less classy tenant dilutes the experience of suburbia. same thing here. trade manu for kl, sad but tolerable. lma for duncan, mccallum, green.... property value just took a nose dive. neighborhood is gone

05-11-2016, 10:06 PM
it has more to do with the shit coming in. I live in a nice neighborhood. upper middle class. security guard. HOAS. when we see houses for sale we always watch who buys. when the new owner, or worse yet RENTER, comes in to the area we assess and take notice. one skank isn't going to devalue the property but then when their cousins come hanging around, or other houses start bringing in similar persons we will sell. not because roy and sally moved out, but because the new less classy tenant dilutes the experience of suburbia. same thing here. trade manu for kl, sad but tolerable. lma for duncan, mccallum, green.... property value just took a nose dive. neighborhood is gone
Nevermind the white flight commentary, you're basically saying you're here for the good times, and not the bad. Got it.

Capster
05-11-2016, 10:28 PM
If Green is traded you can still watch his new team.
If Anderson is traded I'll watch his new team and the Spurs.
I actually liked our team when Timmy and Manu were injured. I got to watch players we don't see often and younger guys in new roles. Our ceiling might have been lowered but we still won games, a lot. I don't think Pop is done, personally.
I hope you get diarrhea.

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 10:29 PM
I hope you get diarrhea.
:lol wow. Back at you.

Obi Juan Kenobi
05-11-2016, 10:30 PM
No

Brazil
05-11-2016, 10:33 PM

I'll still lurk on the site if we don't make the WCF and certainly find another Spurs board to post on. But I am a man of my word and don't want to become Apa9 or UNT with welching games. :lol Nor am I trying to get attention.

That said, the season isn't over yet. No reason we can't win in OKC as we did it a few games back. Tim, Manu (and me! :lol) aren't done yet!

Also, I do think it will be interesting to see how Pop and RC build around LMA/Kawhi. We've a league going small, yet it seems we need a big bruising center to gobble up rebounds against OKC. But RC will keep up his good work. Even if we fail this year, I'd bet on another ring in the next 3 or so.

Think about it bra... Pretty sad if you leave

tonight...you
05-11-2016, 10:36 PM
This team is family. Deaths happen and, being family, you have to suffer them.
I will stand. For this team, I will always stand.

dav4463
05-11-2016, 11:03 PM
I said I would quit watching the day the Spurs traded George Gervin to Chicago!:lol

I'm still here.

Mikeanaro
05-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Nevermind white flight commentary, you're basically saying you're here for the good times, and not the bad. Got it.
You are a complete retard, no reading comprehension skills at all.

05-11-2016, 11:37 PM
You are a complete retard, no reading comprehension skills at all.
Enlighten me, where was the misunderstanding?

Mikeanaro
05-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Enlighten me, where was the misunderstanding?
Relating Tim & Manu retiring with the horrible refjob that the NBA is where they pick the winner and no matter how good of a fan anybody is, we are just wasting time watching WWE 2.0.
Tholdren gave you pretty solid reasons and you randomly say he is just for the good times, not everybody wants to invest time in something that is fake and not even Pop or the players are doing something about it because they make money with it too and us the real fans are being cheated/lied to keep the money machine rolling cheering like dumb monkeys for the team while Silver already has a winner.

phxspurfan
05-12-2016, 12:17 AM
I said I would quit watching the day the Spurs traded George Gervin to Chicago!:lol

I'm still here.

Thats the thing. We feel like sh_t but maybe well still keep watching. Who knows.

thekingrobert
05-12-2016, 12:23 AM
before Kawhi turned into a real deal player I would have said yes but I will follow Kawhi

sexinthatsx
05-12-2016, 12:37 AM
I have been mulling over this very question for the entire year. Part of me felt like when the playoffs came around, Pop was going to let Manu and Duncan play more and lead the team. However, it's clear that Pop is making Kawhi and Aldridge lead the team now. Duncan and Manu look like they're ready to retire, and when this happens I don't think I can ever view the Spurs in the same light again, even if they are playoff contenders and win any more championships in the future.

Kawhi is a beast and still has a lot of years to go, but it's just not the same as watching the GDP when I was a wee kid in high school.

05-12-2016, 01:26 AM
Relating Tim & Manu retiring with the horrible refjob that the NBA is where they pick the winner and no matter how good of a fan anybody is, we are just wasting time watching WWE 2.0.
Tholdren gave you pretty solid reasons and you randomly say he is just for the good times, not everybody wants to invest time in something that is fake and not even Pop or the players are doing something about it because they make money with it too and us the real fans are being cheated/lied to keep the money machine rolling cheering like dumb monkeys for the team while Silver already has a winner.I mean, if you feel like this shit is rigged, then I get why you wouldn't want to watch it.

That's not what I got from his post though. Can you point out where he mightve alluded to the incinserity of game being why he didn't want to watch anymore?

I think this sentence sums up his post

but because the new less classy tenant dilutes the experience of suburbia. same thing here. trade manu for kl, sad but tolerable. lma for duncan, mccallum, green.... property value just took a nose dive. neighborhood is gone

He doesn't like the new tenants(players). Or at least that's how I interpreted it.

HI-FI
05-12-2016, 01:41 AM
i'll probably go back to watching the Spurs (and the NBA) the way I have historically, which is follow it more closely after the All-Star Break. The last few years I've watched it obsessively to appreciate Duncan and Manu as much as I can. It obviously will never be the same without them. Not really looking forward to Pop and Parker post Duncan tbh. I'll definitely want to see how Kawhi, and even Green, mature as leaders on the team.

So I'll still watch. The bigger issue for me is the league has had WWE style shit for sometime, I thought it would change under Silver but it hasn't. So sometimes it feels pointless to watch if your team isn't one of the "chosen ones" imo.

Proxy
05-12-2016, 02:16 AM
I'll still watch, but the die hard level was always due to Manu, TD, and Pop

Chinook
05-12-2016, 02:28 AM

Would suck if you're in your last day here. Let's hope for a couple of Spurs wins to keep you around. That said, the RealGM Spurs board is pretty dead, and the Spurs fans there are pretty flat. I definitely don't like it as much as SpursTalk, but it's also a tamer place where a lot of crap that plagues this board gets cleaned up.

BillMc
05-12-2016, 04:03 AM
Would suck if you're in your last day here. Let's hope for a couple of Spurs wins to keep you around. That said, the RealGM Spurs board is pretty dead, and the Spurs fans there are pretty flat. I definitely don't like it as much as SpursTalk, but it's also a tamer place where a lot of crap that plagues this board gets cleaned up.

Thanks bro. Two game winning streak is all the Spurs need. Should be no big deal right? I'll check out RealGM Spurs if need be. I appreciate the tip. Never been on the site. Tame could be OK for awhile.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-12-2016, 04:10 AM
I won't have time for the NBA frankly after this year's playoffs tbh. Gotta work 2 full time jobs and sleep.

Skoobz
05-12-2016, 04:19 AM

Shit Bill. You are one of the few gentlemen on this board. Regardless if we win or lose no need to disappear mate.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-12-2016, 04:21 AM
Shit Bill. You are one of the few gentlemen on this board. Regardless if we win or lose no need to disappear mate.

Nope. Burn the ship and might as well take as many enemies down as we can with us.

BillMc
05-12-2016, 04:31 AM

Thanks man.It is well appreciated. :toast I wouldn't worry, there are many class acts on this board, they just get drowned out by a few trolls and over enthusiastic player fans. But I don't want to derail the thread. I kind of regret bringing it up.

Anyway, Spurs may win so no need to put anyone's head on the chopping block yet. Spurs 101 - Thunder 97.

J_Paco
05-12-2016, 04:32 AM
Tholdren gave you pretty solid reasons and you randomly say he is just for the good times, not everybody wants to invest time in something that is fake and not even Pop or the players are doing something about it because they make money with it too and us the real fans are being cheated/lied to keep the money machine rolling cheering like dumb monkeys for the team while Silver already has a winner.

You sound stupid as fuck if you truly believe the sport is "rigged." Why the fuck would the Spurs have one championship, let alone 5, if that was the case. The problem is a large segment of the fanbase has become a bunch of spoiled, pretentious, "know-it-all" armchair coaches and players.

And now that the run is likely ending, they want to bail or flee because the "game isn't pure anymore," "Popovich/Parker sucks or needs to retire" or whatever lame ass excuse. Fuck that shit......

If you're such a pussy that you can't accept reality, eventuality or finality in the current Spurs run and want to go then just do it. No one will miss any fair-weather fans or fakes that only rooted for the team when they were winning titles.

In other words, hell no. I'll never stop rooting for the Spurs. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili have been a blessing to watch and brought more happiness and pain as a sports fan then I could have ever, ever imagined. Yet, my fandom didn't begin with them and will definitely surpass any of their time on the team.

"Everything good must come to an end........"

Skoobz
05-12-2016, 04:44 AM
Lol! Pissa!

Skoobz
05-12-2016, 04:45 AM
Nope. Burn the ship and might as well take as many enemies down as we can with us.
You're a cracker pal!

littlecoyotecoin
05-12-2016, 04:47 AM
You sound stupid as fuck if you truly believe the sport is "rigged." Why the fuck would the Spurs have one championship, let alone 5, if that was the case. The problem is a large segment of the fanbase has become a bunch of spoiled, pretentious, "know-it-all" armchair coaches and players.

And now that the run is likely ending, they want to bail or flee because the "game isn't pure anymore," "Popovich/Parker sucks or needs to retire" or whatever lame ass excuse. Fuck that shit......

If you're such a pussy that you can't accept reality, eventuality or finality in the current Spurs run and want to go then just do it. No one will miss any fair-weather fans or fakes that only rooted for the team when they were winning titles.

In other words, hell no. I'll never stop rooting for the Spurs. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili have been a blessing to watch and brought more happiness and pain as a sports fan then I could have ever, ever imagined. Yet, my fandom didn't begin with them and will definitely surpass any of their time on the team.

If this franchise was in Boston, do you really think we'd only have Five. Or, New York? You are quite simple if you can't think of any scenarios where there can be a bias toward certain teams, yet The Spurs still get 5 championships over 20 years (if you only consider the Duncan years). Think harder.

Skoobz
05-12-2016, 04:47 AM
Thanks man.It is well appreciated. :toast I wouldn't worry, there are many class acts on this board, they just get drowned out by a few trolls and over enthusiastic player fans. But I don't want to derail the thread. I kind of regret bringing it up.

Anyway, Spurs may win so no need to put anyone's head on the chopping block yet. Spurs 101 - Thunder 97.

You'll be here :)

refreshing to see a believer!

UNT Eagles 2016
05-12-2016, 04:48 AM
tissot will be the anchor that takes all of us down with the titanic.

J_Paco
05-12-2016, 05:07 AM
If this franchise was in Boston, do you really think we'd only have Five. Or, New York? You are quite simple if you can't think of any scenarios where there can be a bias toward certain teams, yet The Spurs still get 5 championships over 20 years (if you only consider the Duncan years). Think harder.

What the fuck are you yapping about?!?!?!

The Spurs only have 5 championships because they either made mental mistakes in key moments, we're too old or the other team got "lucky" (like in 2004, 2006 and 2013) for lack of a better term. It had nothing to do with rigging for them to fucking lose especially when they benefitted from poor application of the rules in 2006 against Phoenix. Or are you going to pretend that that never occurred and the Suns weren't "robbed" of an opportunity to truly beat us?

Shit swings both ways and unfortunately you remember moments when the refs fucked over your team than we they benefitted them.

Doesn't matter anyway, the Spurs have their championships and a fan in me for life. I love the Spurs and NBA basketball so I'll be around for the long haul.

Slippy
05-12-2016, 05:16 AM
Wont stop but will miss them. Will be strange not seeing them out there.

Hopefully all their teammates dig deep in making sure its not their last.

littlecoyotecoin
05-12-2016, 05:19 AM
What the fuck are you yapping about?!?!?!

The Spurs only have 5 championships because they either made mental mistakes in key moments, we're too old or the other team got "lucky" (like in 2004, 2006 and 2013) for lack of a better term. It had nothing to do with rigging for them to fucking lose especially when they benefitted from poor application of the rules in 2006 against Phoenix. Or are you going to pretend that that never occurred and the Suns weren't "robbed" of an opportunity to truly beat us?

Shit swings both ways and unfortunately you remember moments when the refs fucked over your team than we they benefitted them.

Doesn't matter anyway, the Spurs have their championships and a fan in me for life. I love the Spurs and NBA basketball so I'll be around for the long haul.

Yawn.

DMC
05-12-2016, 08:46 AM
I've almost stopped watching it already. I only watch select games but no. I don't watch to see players. I watch to see good competition between high level teams.

Mikeanaro
05-12-2016, 12:05 PM

Because it is rigged, Spurs could defeat even some heavy refs teams in the past because they were so strong, and now you have teams like GSW winning almost every game vs Portland by less than 10 digits and refs always give them like 15 points in calls and allow extreme contact to them without blowing shit, thats reality and Im sorry if you cant see things as they are.
If Spurs were a ref team they would have like 8 rings, thats another facto.
You cant see reality as you say because refs fucked us 2 games already at home and lots of weird shit has passed before in the league, Lakers Vs Pistons 88, Sacramento 02, Spurs Heat 13.
I think you are the typical american who drinks beer and root for the WWE and fake stuff like that, bread and circuses for you...

Mikeanaro
05-12-2016, 12:11 PM
I mean, if you feel like this shit is rigged, then I get why you wouldn't want to watch it.

That's not what I got from his post though. Can you point out where he mightve alluded to the incinserity of game being why he didn't want to watch anymore?

I think this sentence sums up his post

[/COLOR]He doesn't like the new tenants(players). Or at least that's how I interpreted it.
Yes he said that too about new players but the horrible biased reffing was the deal breaker, I want a sport with athletes not entertainment with scripts and drama but thats just me maybe tholdren feels like that too.

Ginobilly
05-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Because it is rigged, Spurs could defeat even some heavy refs teams in the past because they were so strong, and now you have teams like GSW winning almost every game vs Portland by less than 10 digits and refs always give them like 15 points in calls and allow extreme contact to them without blowing shit, thats reality and Im sorry if you cant see things as they are.
If Spurs were a ref team they would have like 8 rings, thats another facto.
You cant see reality as you say because refs fucked us 2 games already at home and lots of weird shit has passed before in the league, Lakers Vs Pistons 88, Sacramento 02, Spurs Heat 13.
I think you are the typical american who drinks beer and root for the WWE and fake stuff like that, bread and circuses for you...

Keyword here: NBA "entertainment"

Same reason people watch rasslin: To get away from the stress of life and work.

For the people who think the NBA is all real:lmao It's not! And it's ok, I'll still watch.
It's really easy to rig a basketball game. I know because I studied kinesiology in college and helped reffed some middle/high school games. You just call bullshit calls more on one team to help bring them back, and take out certain key players from the game by calling bogus fouls. Allow one team to play more physical than the other, etc.( I always screwed over the white boy teams when they played against mex/nigg districts:lmao sorry whitey:hat) NBA will always have the stigma of rigging until they get smart robots that don't have that human bias. I noticed when they screw the spurs on obvious calls, they don't review it on the replay center.:lmao:lmao Also when we were playing the heat in 2013: In one of the games that the spurs were up like 15, I noticed that they called "3 in the key" and traveling on every possession for like 7 minutes until the heat caught up.:lmao

The league can't have non-bias real basketball because it wont make them any money. You'll have disciplined fundamental teams winning it almost every year. "Economics my dear watson!"

There's a reason The NFL is the most popular sport in America and not the NBA.

Sean Cagney
05-12-2016, 01:41 PM
No but it will be a lot less interesting I must admit.

J_Paco
05-12-2016, 02:12 PM
There are some truly stupid, "truthers" amongst rational Spurs fans.

"They set it up for us to lose. Wahhhhh"

Says the fans of a team that benefitted from supposed "rigging" in '06, but I guess the conspiracy only works when is against the Spurs.

LMAO

Too many stupid fans on these boards.

K...
05-12-2016, 02:15 PM
The off season is the most interesting time of the season.. It'll only get more interesting now that there isn't the untouchable big three. I'll be here. I think the first half of the season is the most fun. Most open roster, new faces.

Regarding big city advantages, we'd have slightly better role players due to the market advantage f greater endorsements, but we wouldn't have a FO that learned to to live on lean means. That lack of desperation probably means bad contacts like the Knicks and current Lakers.

Regression to the mean is inevitable. As is age.

Ginobilly
05-12-2016, 05:23 PM

Says the fans of a team that benefitted from supposed "rigging" in '06, but I guess the conspiracy only works when is against the Spurs.

LMAO

No. I believe that the league has some years where they reff it fairly and let the best team win so it could shut up con. theorist for that year. But there are some years where they need to make money and rig it for the most popular team/players at the time. Spurs surely have benefited, esp in 07. Didn't Tim Donaghy say in his book that stern/nba/powers that be, hated the racist hick anti-Semetic/anti-mexican fans of Arizona that year.:lmao I'll take it! Thank you you Jooze:hat :bobo I think this year the NBA will give it to Cleveland....Just a gut feeling. NBA reffed it fairly in '14 finals for screwing the Spurs in '03. The media gives hints of whose favored to win that year. Ya don't remember the Spurs Zombie commercials? "championship is comming" :lmao

What's next? Politics and Elections are real(they used to be long ago):lol You'll are some dummies. Candidates and Elections are bought/rigged before people even vote. People voting is all a show to make em feel like they're part of it. I have a 2ndcousin whose a mayor of a town in northern mex and he explained it how the whole world works that way. Regular people ain't there when they count the votes, and doesn't matter anyways at the end. Just accept it that the world is corrupt and money wins at the end.

TD 21
05-12-2016, 05:27 PM
I get paid to watch basketball + daily betting, so nothing will change for me..I'll still watch the Spurs the same way, nothing will really change, but it's natural to not care as much as you get older, regardless of the players on the team, tbh..

I still get annoyed when the Spurs lose, especially the way they did last night, but you get over it in a few hours after you're out of your entertainment zone, especially compared to when you're younger and you're oblivious to the fact that these players wouldn't look at you if you were on fire in front of them:lol

Yeah. I don't know if it was 5, the way it was won, some personal things that have happened since or a combination thereof, but both last season and this one, haven't felt quite the same to me. Of course, I still care and get frustrated, but not to the extent I did prior to that.

On the question: No, but of course it won't be the same. Due to the state Duncan is in, at this writing I feel strangely at ease with it, at least more so than I'd have been in previous years.

Keepin' it real
05-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Will I watch after they retire?

Yeah, why?

KL2
05-12-2016, 05:48 PM

LMAO

The league is fixed and the Spurs have been the beneficiary before. The Spurs served their purpose for the league in the 00's. Look at how far international bball has come, compare a team like France to what it was in 2000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_at_the_2000_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_M en%27s_team_rosters#.C2.A0France

I literally have no idea who ANY of these players are. These days team france has guys like Batum, Diaw, Fournier, Gobert, Gelabale, etc. lots of international guys inspired to play ball by Parker and the spurs, even Marjanovic grew up watching Manu

Ginobilly
05-12-2016, 05:52 PM
I don't know why there's so much butthurt among NBA fans when you say it's rigged. It is somewhat, but it's still fun to watch to escape reality. Wrestling is fake, yet when your little you get so emotionally invested in it and start throwing tantrums when your favorite wrestlers don't win. I was fucking pissed/sad when they made Shawn Micheals loose against the undertaker in the Royal Rumble a few years back in San Antonio:depressed Even though I know it's a fake/show/entertainment, it hurts and feels real the way they act when they loose. Movies are fake, yet people still curse and cry when watching em like if they're real:cry. During Roman times, Gladiator fights were sometimes real and sometimes scripted/faked because it costed a lot of money to train gladiators and you couldn't risk having your money maker killed. Asi es la vida homies! Just enjoy wei!

P.S wasn't Danny Green partying and smoking blunts with Lebron after they won it in 03?

Mikeanaro
05-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Keyword here: NBA "entertainment"

Same reason people watch rasslin: To get away from the stress of life and work.

For the people who think the NBA is all real:lmao It's not! And it's ok, I'll still watch.
It's really easy to rig a basketball game. I know because I studied kinesiology in college and helped reffed some middle/high school games. You just call bullshit calls more on one team to help bring them back, and take out certain key players from the game by calling bogus fouls. Allow one team to play more physical than the other, etc.( I always screwed over the white boy teams when they played against mex/nigg districts:lmao sorry whitey:hat) NBA will always have the stigma of rigging until they get smart robots that don't have that human bias. I noticed when they screw the spurs on obvious calls, they don't review it on the replay center.:lmao:lmao Also when we were playing the heat in 2013: In one of the games that the spurs were up like 15, I noticed that they called "3 in the key" and traveling on every possession for like 7 minutes until the heat caught up.:lmao

The league can't have non-bias real basketball because it wont make them any money. You'll have disciplined fundamental teams winning it almost every year. "Economics my dear watson!"

There's a reason The NFL is the most popular sport in America and not the NBA.
Agreed.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Depends on the offseason. Without Tim and Manu not sure I'll renew LP

dbestpro
05-12-2016, 11:34 PM
This is the first year since 1981 that I did not watch a complete NBA game, and I did not watch any of the playoff games. Just could not respect the overall poor play.

phxspurfan
09-27-2019, 04:53 PM
Looks like many of us are still watching.

Supporting our new Big Three.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/IZA-8LjBSNymWHDb46RVRrm-TfY=/582x90:3139x1645/1200x800/filters:focal(1470x963:2030x1523)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/61970835/usa_today_11539622.0.jpg

NASpurs
09-27-2019, 05:11 PM
Only reason I'm excited for this upcoming season is because TD is an assistant coach.

phxspurfan
09-27-2019, 05:44 PM
Only reason I'm excited for this upcoming season is because TD is an assistant coach.

You're not stoked about our huge offseason acquisition, DeMarre Carroll?

Maddog
09-27-2019, 05:51 PM
I've been a fan forever. We all knew this day would come.
I'll still go to the game when they come to town and try and catch a few when back in SA visiting family.

Pavlov
09-27-2019, 05:52 PM
Looks like many of us are still watching. Are you still watching?

phxspurfan
09-27-2019, 05:59 PM
Are you still watching?

Yup, still going to the first 3 games of the season in person, and probably some over the holidays, maybe a playoff game if they make it. Because f it it's something to do in SA, when I visit family.

Pavlov
09-27-2019, 06:37 PM
Yup, still going to the first 3 games of the season in person, and probably some over the holidays, maybe a playoff game if they make it. Because f it it's something to do in SA, when I visit family.Will you watch them on TV when you aren't in town?

phxspurfan
09-27-2019, 07:03 PM
Haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll spring for the league pass that's for a specific team, and follow them for good games that aren't on national tv when I have time. But I don't usually watch every game.