PDA

View Full Version : So who do the Spurs pursue this summer to have that 3rd peice?

Big Empty
05-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Assuming we cant force a game 7 ofcourse. I think Durant is a pipe dream. We will need players to contend with OKC and Golden State for years to come. Golden State is small ball and OKC is just a bigger taller team with Durant, Adams, Ibaka and Kanter. With our big three just barely average players now and on the brink of retiring, who could be that 3rd player to add so that we have a new big 3?

Snaq O'Meal
05-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Pau Gasol is still a viable target.

Old School 44
05-11-2016, 08:21 AM
I like Conley and Gasol (Pau), but I think Conley will probably want too much. Also, Atlanta might be moving guys like Horford/Korver/Teague.

TheGreatYacht
05-11-2016, 08:33 AM
I would stay away from any Hawk, tbh. Playoff chokers.

- Teague shoots 40.2fg% and 31.1% from three for his playoff career.
- Horford is a 6-7 rebound per game guy at this stage of his career. Won't fix our problems
- Korver is washed and 35yo, some team with overpay him.

TheGreatYacht
05-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Conley would be great, but I don't think he can stay healthy for at least a stretch of 5 games nowadays. Some desperate team like the Knicks will throw 20M+ per at him :lol

Gasol and Lin. Those are legit targets.

EIC
05-11-2016, 09:20 AM
OP's question has a false premise. The Spurs need a legit PG and a legit big man, not just a third piece. We are stocked at the forward spots, especially when you realize that West and Diaw are true 4s at most, not 5s.

IMO, Conley would be a perfect fit for this team at the 1. His interviews really show that he has a mature mentality and would fit well with the culture here. I would make a run at Pau for the center spot. IMO, this would be a fantastic and very achievable roster:

PG: Conley / Mills
SG: Green / Martin
SF: Leonard / Anderson
PF: Aldridge / West OR Diaw
C: Gasol / Boban

TheGreatYacht
05-11-2016, 09:23 AM
:pctoss

Brian Windhorst
05-11-2016, 09:24 AM
:lol any plan that doesn't include Parker at PG

Unless y'all think we're going to waive him or use the stretch provision there is no reason to suppose he won't be starting next year.

Chinook
05-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Clarkson.

NASpurs
05-11-2016, 09:40 AM
I'm excited for the off season and I can't wait until July 1st. I hope there's massive changes and most of the dead weight is off loaded. It might be crazier than last year, not in the sense that the Spurs are getting a player like LMA again but just the amount of changes that are going to happen especially if two of the big three retire.

Here's a list of free agents

http://hoopshype.com/2016/05/03/nba-free-agency-2016-the-top-players/

UZER
05-11-2016, 09:42 AM
I would stay away from any Hawk, tbh. Playoff chokers.

- Teague shoots 40.2fg% and 31.1% from three for his playoff career.
- Horford is a 6-7 rebound per game guy at this stage of his career. Won't fix our problems
- Korver is washed and 35yo, some team with overpay him.

Pop is salivating over these guys because they already know "the system".

Snaq O'Meal
05-11-2016, 09:58 AM

SF: Leonard / Rasual Butler would've been a better option.

hater
05-11-2016, 10:02 AM
Lebron

KDKSpurs24
05-11-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm excited for the off season and I can't wait until July 1st. I hope there's massive changes and most of the dead weight is off loaded. It might be crazier than last year, not in the sense that the Spurs are getting a player like LMA again but just the amount of changes that are going to happen especially if two of the big three retire.

Here's a list of free agents

http://hoopshype.com/2016/05/03/nba-free-agency-2016-the-top-players/
I agree. We just need new life. Younger athletic guys that will go out and play physical and compete every night. We need to run more.