PDA

View Full Version : It's just a coincidence

coachmac87
05-11-2016, 08:41 AM
That they're called the ThunderRefs?

Last 2 home games obvious late calls were missed?

Pop finally spoke up about the calls?

It truly baffles me how the sequences played out down the stretch in close games this series. Both during situational circumstances coming out of time outs. I get the whole you can't let the refs dictate the game blah blah blah..but it's the playoffs where the games are intense and close and everything is on the line. You can't hold that against the Spurs because the games are close.

It's all just a coincidence tho..

MultiTroll
05-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Pop finally spoke up about the calls?

Are you talking about the super soft brief mention in the post game interview?
All he did was say "I was thinking more of the previous play." after reporter had asked him about Kawhis intentional foul where ThundeRef sat on whistle.

polandprzem
05-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Pop said leonard fouled Westbrook on the 'b4and1' but sometimes you get call and sometimes you don't
plus he said the play where Durant was fouled by Green concerned him more. Well yup as it was trip from Adams on green.

Now when you have two wide open FG missed by Parker and Aldridge there goes you game.

polandprzem
05-11-2016, 08:47 AM
All he did was say "I was thinking more of the previous play." after reporter had asked him about Kawhis intentional foul where ThundeRef sat on whistle.
Damn if he cried like Rivers we probably would get the W

polandprzem
05-11-2016, 08:47 AM
:rolleyes

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-11-2016, 08:49 AM
If game 6 is close refs will make it up to the Spurs. They've messed too much in OKC favor in pivotal late game situations in the 2 Spurs home losses.

coachmac87
05-11-2016, 08:49 AM

Pop said it was an "obvious" foul by Leonard..then he took
a quick jab about the call on Durant.

When you've gotta answer questions about calls something didn't go that way it was supposed to. That's just wrong IMO. You can slice it however you want.

MultiTroll
05-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Damn if he cried like Rivers we probably would get the W
:lol Straw.

Because "crying like Rivers" is the only way to protest continual bullshit game altering calls.

Bending over and doing nothing is
:cry so classy :cry

Fireball
05-11-2016, 08:52 AM
I still remember those missed goal tending calls from 2012 ...

spurraider21
05-11-2016, 08:54 AM
how is a nickname that we assigned to them a coincidence?

polandprzem
:lol Straw.

Because "crying like Rivers" is the only way to protest continual bullshit game altering calls.

Bending over and doing nothing is
:cry so classy :cry

He mentioned it. What else you want him to do?

Stand up and say I PROTEST!

?

MultiTroll
Pop said it was an "obvious" foul by Leonard..then he took
a quick jab about the call on Durant.

When you've gotta answer questions about calls something didn't go that way it was supposed to. That's just wrong IMO. You can slice it however you want.
I know I saw it.
Why be coy about the Durant call? Why not just flat state "take a look at Adams swinging his feet out to trip Danny and you reporters tell me what you think about that?"
It will not get Col Sanders Laker results.
But fark, at least bring it up.
That asshole Adams swings his feet and tries (or does) trip all game long.

TDomination
05-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Pop should've gone ballistic during the game and gotten himself a T. Maybe at least then the players would've been a little more fired up.

Mal
05-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Pop said leonard fouled Westbrook on the 'b4and1' but sometimes you get call and sometimes you don't
plus he said the play where Durant was fouled by Green concerned him more. Well yup as it was trip from Adams on green.

Now when you have two wide open FG missed by Parker and Aldridge there goes you game.

There is also that 24 sec voiliation, which should stop that fast break.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-11-2016, 09:01 AM

That was incredible :lol

How could such an obvious thing pass by them.

NameLess Scrub
05-11-2016, 09:08 AM

Also that missed FT from Parker.

But I still think it's unfair to find stuff the Spurs did wrong to justify the refs.

At some point they have to be accountable for not seeing Adams move and trip Danny, and for ignoring an intentional foul, which was the obvious play for the Spurs, only to call a non foul for an and-1.

Moments like this I wish Pop would just take the fine and call them out.

coachmac87
05-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Also that missed FT from Parker.

But I still think it's unfair to find stuff the Spurs did wrong to justify the refs.

At some point they have to be accountable for not seeing Adams move and trip Danny, and for ignoring an intentional foul, which was the obvious play for the Spurs, only to call a non foul for an and-1.

Moments like this I wish Pop would just take the fine and call them out.

This.

dg7md
05-11-2016, 09:24 AM
The ending was bullshit and a delayed call... but are you telling me we deserved to win down the stretch? We failed, plain and simple. Didn't hit our shots and they ran roughshod all over us in the second half.

polandprzem
05-11-2016, 09:27 AM

Fuck that :) Spurs should defend themselves at all times :)

Refs were terrible and they were pretty bad all season long. Now they do have those replays and all but still can't control the game or be legit.

Anyway one time when Goble made a call I was wondering if mcCutchen trust his decisions overall :D
Gotdamn that guy made some nasty mistakes last night.

coachmac87
05-11-2016, 09:29 AM
The ending was bullshit and a delayed call... but are you telling me we deserved to win down the stretch? We failed, plain and simple. Didn't hit our shots and they ran roughshod all over us in the second half.

So why did the Thunder deserve to win down stretch? They made mistakes too..(Game 2 elbow) If anything the benefited from what happened.

Just trying to comprehend how all that happened down the stretch..

Brian Windhorst
05-11-2016, 09:32 AM
It was fairly clear that the baseline ref of the Spurs' bench side placed a bet on OKC. He made at least 5 calls in a row in the third when we had our biggest lead, and lo and behold that lead evaporated and we lost momentum going into the fourth.

Didn't help that Pop puts in his OKC +6 in 2 minutes lineup at the end of every quarter.

urunobili
05-11-2016, 09:33 AM
The refs won't make up for shit. Is it rigged? yes. Do you have to play them and beat them with the environment like that? yes. so there is nothing nobody can do. it's the way things are. It'll be fun to see them Thunders get the same bias against them when they play GSW

polandprzem
05-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Yea well that's why it was crucial to win game 4! But people were like ' humm well it's not suppose to be easy etc etc.'
Now you bastards are against the wall. What you say about things not being easy?

Also Spurs looking drained and games are being every other day now with travel. We lack players who can step up and make an epic performance

UZER
05-11-2016, 10:01 AM
If game 6 is close refs will make it up to the Spurs. They've messed too much in OKC favor in pivotal late game situations in the 2 Spurs home losses.

They haven't done it yet, why would they start now? :lol

It was close when Adams caught the ball, but if it's in doubt, the refs will ALWAYS blow the whistle to stop play...except last night.

I never understand this logic. The game is 48 minutes long. If your close late, then you have every right to win as much as the other team regardless of what's happened before. How many times has GS pulled shitty games out late?

The refs are supposed to be removed from who deserves to win the game. Their job is strictly to call violations. You can play like shit for 47 minutes, but if they game is close and you get fouled, or the other teams travels, or elbows a player on the inbounds, etc., you should get the call.

Mikeanaro
05-11-2016, 10:12 AM
I never understand this logic. The game is 48 minutes long. If your close late, then you have every right to win as much as the other team regardless of what's happened before. How many times has GS pulled shitty games out late?

The refs are supposed to be removed from who deserves to win the game. Their job is strictly to call violations. You can play like shit for 47 minutes, but if they game is close and you get fouled, or the other teams travels, or elbows a player on the inbounds, etc., you should get the call.
Because that logic is retarded... the same that the dude saying refs will give the game to the Spurs if is close... in OKC... .... .... .... it is too hard to accept its rigged?
Lol When Pop went to complain to the refs about the last call of game 2 they were putting their jackets on and walking away from the crime scene, I bet they were too busy had other things to do and the place was cold hence the jackets.

polandprzem
05-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Because that logic is retarded... the same that the dude saying refs will give the game to the Spurs if is close... in OKC... .... .... .... it is too hard to accept its rigged?
Lol When Pop went to complain to the refs about the last call of game 2 they were putting their jackets on and walking away from the crime scene, I bet they were too busy had other things to do and the place was cold hence the jackets.

Mauer was such a douche then. He just gave ignore face and he knew they fucked up big time.

jjktkk
05-11-2016, 10:36 AM
I know I saw it.
Why be coy about the Durant call? Why not just flat state "take a look at Adams swinging his feet out to trip Danny and you reporters tell me what you think about that?"
It will not get Col Sanders Laker results.
But fark, at least bring it up.
That asshole Adams swings his feet and tries (or does) trip all game long.

FWIW, ESPN's Legler and Russillo were discussing that no call this morning. Legler was talking saying that the ref was probably solely concentrating on Greens potentially fouling Durant while Durants shooting, not Green being tripped. Still bullshit though.

NameLess Scrub
05-11-2016, 10:44 AM
They haven't done it yet, why would they start now? :lol

It was close when Adams caught the ball, but if it's in doubt, the refs will ALWAYS blow the whistle to stop play...except last night.

Thanks.

coachmac87
05-11-2016, 10:49 AM
FWIW, ESPN's Legler and Russillo were discussing that no call this morning. Legler was talking saying that the ref was probably solely concentrating on Greens potentially fouling Durant while Durants shooting, not Green being tripped. Still bullshit though.

I can understand the refs missing the "trip". But what's inexcusable is missing Leonard's intentionally fouling Westbrook. That's situational referring 101. You know the foul is coming...yet he lets it go?? What was Kawhi supposed to do? Throw him to the floor??

BermudaSooner
05-11-2016, 10:53 AM
You guys are the biggest whining cry babies. Plenty of bad calls both ways. You lost. Thunder were better last night. The first step is acceptance...

Spurs9
05-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Its sickening we have to rely so much on the outcome of games based on the calls rather than the actual play of the 2 teams. Spurs played like garbage in the 1st quarter and did some good things to have a chance at the end. However when the game is so tight its so easy for them to sway the outcome. Much harder to do in 20 point games.

BermudaSooner
05-11-2016, 10:56 AM

It was only a fast break because the Spurs had their heads up their asses. When the ball was rebounded, at least 4, and probably 5 Spurs were back.

What a stupid call to cry about.

daslicer
05-11-2016, 11:07 AM
They are a team that historically gets phantom fouls but it's not surprising.

DarrinS
05-11-2016, 11:11 AM
Two calls really pissed me off in that game.

One was a missed foul on Westbrook on Kawhi at around 4:00 left in the 4th qtr. Kawhi steals a pass, leading to a dunk at the other end, but WB hits Kawhi right in the head.

Last play on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVZMo1hUMck

The other is Adams sticking out a leg to trip Green, who then falls into and "fouls" Durant.

kobexxx
05-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Every team needs a superstar. After Tim's regress, this team has nobody to carry them. Kahwi and LA are only all-stars the most. Need to get a free agent next season and blow-up the team.

Mikeanaro
05-11-2016, 01:55 PM
You guys are the biggest whining cry babies. Plenty of bad calls both ways. You lost. Thunder were better last night. The first step is acceptance...
Lol Both ways when your team had all the calls during the closing in 2 games on the road, stick to your meth dawg:lmao