PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Announce Front Office Additions

Kori Ellis
09-30-2005, 05:46 PM
SPURS ANNOUNCE FRONT OFFICE ADDITIONS

SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that Sam Presti has been promoted to assistant general manager. The Spurs also announced that Dell Demps has joined the team as the director of pro player personnel and Rob Hennigan has been hired as basketball operations assistant. Per club policy terms of the contracts were not announced.

"The work that Sam has done since he joined the organization has been integral to our team's success," said Spurs general manager RC Buford. "As a former player and proven executive we are excited about the experience that Dell brings to the staff. Rob is a bright young mind who we believe will continue to grow in our organization."

Presti will move into the assistant general manager position for the Spurs after spending the past two seasons as the team's director of player personnel. The Massachusetts native has been with the organization since the summer of 2000 and has also served as the assistant director of scouting and a basketball special assistant. A four-year basketball letterman at Emerson College in Boston, Presti was the first Rhodes scholar nominee in the history of the school.

Demps, who played for the Spurs during the 1995-96 season, returns to the team after serving as New York's director of pro player personnel during the 2004-05 season. The former University of Pacific stand-out played professionally for 10 years with stops in the NBA, CBA and overseas, before joining the Knicks as a scout in 2003.

Hennigan has been named basketball operations assistant after spending the 2004-05 season as an intern. A 2004 graduate of Emerson College, Hennigan finished his basketball career as the all-time leading scorer in school history and was named a Division III All-American as a senior.

ducks
09-30-2005, 05:48 PM
spurs do not want Sam Presti to get away!

Kori Ellis
09-30-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm glad they gave Presti a promotion (and I'm assuming a hefty raise). That's one guy they need to keep in the organization at any cost.

ObiwanGinobili
09-30-2005, 05:51 PM
The San Antonio Spurs today announced that Sam Presti has been promoted to assistant general manager.

good move! :tu

angel_luv
09-30-2005, 06:22 PM
We're just making all sorts of great summer moves! Go Spurs!

usckk
09-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Can't wait until the season starts.

SpursWoman
09-30-2005, 07:03 PM
I got my season tickets yesterday.......I'm drooling all over them already. :)

:elephant :elephant :elephant

:tu @ the FO

T Park
09-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Dell Demps has joined the team as the director of pro player personnel

takes over Danny Ferry's job??

Interesting.

ShoogarBear
09-30-2005, 07:18 PM
:lmao

I didn't even know Emerson had a basketball team!

FromWayDowntown
09-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Smart move again by the Spurs to advance Presti. They may have to create a new job title for him at some point or have co-GM's or something like that. But Presti has been ridiculously in front of the curve in thinking through scouting and capology. As other teams are now starting to do the things that Presti has mastered, I'm guessing that he's trying to find the next way to get over.

And it's good to know that Dell Demps is around; if all else fails and the Spurs find themselves desperate for offense from a shooter with no conscience at all, now they have a guy who was Eddie House before Eddie House was Eddie House.

angel_luv
09-30-2005, 08:48 PM
I got my season tickets yesterday.......I'm drooling all over them already. :)

:elephant :elephant :elephant

:tu @ the FO

How wonderful!!! Season tickets! Where are they in the arena?

If you ever eat in the Terrace Club be sure to say hi! = )

Mr Dio
09-30-2005, 09:16 PM
I got my season tickets yesterday.......I'm drooling all over them already

Hey SW & User, you all want to sell any of your seats for any of the games that don't feature a big time draw for a visiting team?

Kori Ellis
09-30-2005, 09:46 PM
takes over Danny Ferry's job??

Interesting.

That's not Ferry's job. Ferry was the director of basketball operations.

TDMVPDPOY
09-30-2005, 10:59 PM
WTF am im goin to get my realgm position buford/holt !!!!

SequSpur
09-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Without Tim Duncan, all of these guys would be mowing lawns. Big fricking deal.

Solid D
10-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Someone needs a hug.

T Park
10-01-2005, 12:35 AM
all of these guys would be mowing lawns

What, you need help?

coachtf
10-01-2005, 07:25 AM
Presti is a genius and the Spurs will still have to fight off other organizations in the very near future. Pop was hired to turn the organization around and he has done more than most ever dreamed he would or could. His vision and ability to define roles within the organization has turned San Antonio into a model organization. Presti is a perfect example of what can happen when you are in the right place at the right time. Pop will give hard workers a chance to contribute and prove themselves. He is not given the credit he deserves and he could care less.

boutons
10-01-2005, 08:54 AM
"director of basketball operations"

... in the Spurs org includes what responsibiliteis?

Solid D
10-01-2005, 12:53 PM
I remember when Ferry was rumored to be leaving for Cleveland, someone was saying the Spurs would not replace Ferry with Presti as Director of Basketball Ops since Presti (Dir. of Player Personnel) was at the same level with Ferry.

This is at least a title change in the organization and it may be a realignment or merging of duties.

Popovich is basically the EVP/C.O.O. for Basketball, as well as Head Coach. Danny was Dir. of Ops which looks to me like an Assistant C.O.O., assisting Pop the C.O.O..

RC is Sr. VP and GM.

Now Presti appears to be realigned in function and promoted to an Assistant GM to RC.

Then Demps, a former player, comes in from the outside and steps into Presti's old slot as a direct replacement, at least in title, as Dir. of Player Personnel.

Hennigan moves from intern to a slightly new title of Basketball Ops Assistant, but that seems like he'll assist Pop, the C.O.O., as Danny had been doing.

SequSpur
10-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I remember when Ferry was rumored to be leaving for Cleveland, someone was saying the Spurs would not replace Ferry with Presti as Director of Basketball Ops since Presti (Dir. of Player Personnel) was at the same level with Ferry.

This is at least a title change in the organization and it may be a realignment or merging of duties.

Popovich is basically the EVP/C.O.O. for Basketball, as well as Head Coach. Danny was Dir. of Ops which looks to me like an Assistant C.O.O., assisting Pop the C.O.O..

RC is Sr. VP and GM.

Now Presti appears to be realigned in function and promoted to an Assistant GM to RC.

Then Demps, a former player, comes in from the outside and steps into Presti's old slot as a direct replacement, at least in title, as Dir. of Player Personnel.

Hennigan moves from intern to a slightly new title of Basketball Ops Assistant, but that seems like he'll assist Pop, the C.O.O., as Danny had been doing.

WTF?

Do you work there or something?

picnroll
10-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Ludden in a SA Express article today said Ferry tried to recruit Presti to the Cavs offering him the Assistant GM position in Cleveland.

Solid D
10-01-2005, 01:03 PM
WTF?

Do you work there or something?

Deductive reasoning and an understanding of business.

ducks
10-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Ludden in a SA Express article today said Ferry tried to recruit Presti to the Cavs offering him the Assistant GM position in Cleveland.
fuck ferry